PDA

View Full Version : Spl club in administration

Babyshamble
11-08-2016, 09:20 PM
A pars mate of mine just told he's read from a pars forum a spfl chairman just said his club is close to administration .killie maybe ? Saw they punted McGinnis today for £250k

BoomtownHibees
11-08-2016, 09:23 PM
The Rangers

AltheHibby
11-08-2016, 09:23 PM
The sickbag mob are speculating that it's us. Dream on.

Pretty Boy
11-08-2016, 09:26 PM
Did Killie not wipe out a big chunk of their debt last year?

ElginHibbie

Aye, turn down offer of over £1 milliom for a player one week, admin the next :rolleyes:

What a deluded bunch

Greencore
Motherwell?

Big_Franck
11-08-2016, 09:28 PM
Hearts again?

SteveHFC
Hopefully it's Rangers again.

Ringothedog

More likely to be them as they have previous, charity thieving tramps.

H18 SFR
Can't be Killie, all their debt has been secured, Motherwell are in good shape, Hearts are the same. Dundee and Aberdeen can be ruled out as can St Johnstone. Who can it be?

Marco G
11-08-2016, 09:29 PM
Think this refers to unnamed premier league club official replying to the annual financial health survey done by some bean counter outfit. He said his club could be close to admin. but puzzled why you would admit it in a survey, even anonymous.

Deansy
11-08-2016, 09:29 PM

Ah, it never changes, eh - the 'Charity Thieves FC' obsession with us still going strong !.

Anyway, morons apart, I know who my prayers are being said that this story is true - Der Hun !!

H18 SFR
11-08-2016, 09:32 PM
Think this refers to unnamed premier league club official replying to the annual financial health survey done by some bean counter outfit. He said his club could be close to admin. Could be Killie but puzzled why you would admit it in a survey, even anonymous.

Do you think it's just talk then and not going to happen?

Winston Ingram
11-08-2016, 09:32 PM
Ross County said their debt free, Dundee have brought in a large amount of in transfer fees, if Killie were sailing that close to the wind I doubt they would have bought a whole new squad (unless Vlad has taken charge).

Motherwell, Hamilton are possibilities.

If I were a betting man it'd be Partick or ICT.

Partick had a very embarrassing public whinge about not getting enough sooks of the OF boaby and Hughes walked out over a slashed budget at ICT

poolman
11-08-2016, 09:33 PM
Aye, turn down offer of over £1 milliom for a player one week, admin the next :rolleyes:

What a deluded bunch

It's Yam logic

Pretty Boy
11-08-2016, 09:34 PM
Inverness could be a shout.

Yogi apparently left after a budget dispute, replaced with the cheapest of cheap options and pretty non existent transfer activity all with a small fan base.

scoopyboy
11-08-2016, 09:34 PM
Hamilton or ICT

CropleyWasGod
11-08-2016, 09:35 PM
Let's not forget that the SPFL has 4 divisions.

Pretty Boy
11-08-2016, 09:36 PM
Let's not forget that the SPFL has 4 divisions.

Think the Metro article, based on a BDO survey, specifically mentioned a Premiership club.

Thecat23
11-08-2016, 09:36 PM
It could be any team from any of the leagues in Scotland. I'd say Cowdenbeath myself.

Marco G
11-08-2016, 09:37 PM
Do you think it's just talk then and not going to happen?
The Scottish football financial health survey gets done every year, so the responses are already out of date. If this is what is starting the rumours then it is no different from other previous surveys - some club or other has always said to be close to the edge.

MWHIBBIES
11-08-2016, 09:39 PM
''Hibs can't be far away'' - Some puddle drinker on Kickback

They are beyond stupid.

Pete
11-08-2016, 09:39 PM
It's definitely us.

I read that our break-even figure was 12000 fans and we've not been getting it.

Tick-tock, doomed etc...

Pretty Boy
11-08-2016, 09:40 PM
It could be any team from any of the leagues in Scotland. I'd say Cowdenbeath myself.

Donald Findlay recently bought the majority shareholding there so can't see it and the newspaper article makes it clear it is a Premiership team.

Not owning the ground could be an issue for Cowdenbeath in the longer term though.

HibeeLR
11-08-2016, 09:41 PM
If it's any team, maybe it could be Livi? After relegation to league one and continuing low crowds.

Hibs90
11-08-2016, 09:42 PM

They are beyond stupid.

They don't have half a brain between them. Weirdos.

Marco G
11-08-2016, 09:44 PM
Think the Metro article, based on a BDO survey, specifically mentioned a Premiership club.
That is the article I saw today. Certainly says a Premier league club.

Pete
11-08-2016, 09:48 PM
That is the article I saw today. Certainly says a Premier league club.

If it's The Rangers, will this be their second administration or their first?

I wonder if all the trophies oldco won would be irrelevant once more as they insist they are a new entity.

CropleyWasGod
11-08-2016, 09:49 PM

I wonder if all the trophies oldco won would be irrelevant once more as they insist they are a new entity.

Second.

Pretty Boy
11-08-2016, 09:50 PM

Which would incur the least football punishment?

That will determine how it's interpreted by the SPFL.

oneone73
11-08-2016, 09:50 PM

If the Sevco spokesman said it, he would have been lying- glibly and shamelessly.

Ronniekirk
11-08-2016, 09:51 PM

Stock car racing keeps them alive

4WAW
11-08-2016, 09:52 PM
Could be the "Louganis" of the SPFL, the serial divers who have a tendency to do a jambottle at the best opportunity?

Danderhall Hibs
11-08-2016, 09:55 PM

They are beyond stupid.

To be fair they probably think that's what happens after a SC win.

Onceinawhile
11-08-2016, 09:59 PM
Debt free does not mean not close to administration btw. If cash flow is tight any team regardless of debt could go under. It's about working capital.

silverhibee
11-08-2016, 10:03 PM
Ict.

stoneyburn hibs
11-08-2016, 10:04 PM

Haha, take a bow.

CropleyWasGod
11-08-2016, 10:04 PM
Debt free does not mean not close to administration btw. If cash flow is tight any team regardless of debt could go under. It's about working capital.

You're right. Insolvency is defined as either where liabilities exceed assets, or an inability to pay debts as they fall due.

RFC didn't go into admin just because they had massive debts. They did so because they couldn't pay HMRC when they got heavy.

#FromTheCapital
11-08-2016, 10:10 PM
I would take immense pleasure in seeing the latest version of Rangers go bust, moreso than in 2012 :pray:

Captain Trips
11-08-2016, 10:16 PM
If it is The Rangers would they come back as The The Rangers

matty_f
11-08-2016, 10:23 PM

:hilarious

Well played.

#FromTheCapital
11-08-2016, 10:27 PM

:faf::faf:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
11-08-2016, 10:27 PM

Bravo! :thumbsup:

Thecat23
11-08-2016, 10:28 PM
Donald Findlay recently bought the majority shareholding there so can't see it and the newspaper article makes it clear it is a Premiership team.

Not owning the ground could be an issue for Cowdenbeath in the longer term though.

Never knew that. Pleeeeeaase be The Rangers or Hearts.

Dashing Bob S
11-08-2016, 10:32 PM
Never knew that. Pleeeeeaase be The Rangers or Hearts.

Sadly it won't be either. We would know if some big tax or court case went against El Stickerino's, while the Los Yambolino's finances are structured to promote inertia and stagnation rather than administration. As has been said, either ICT and Hamilton would be the thinking man's punt.

Thecat23
11-08-2016, 10:35 PM
Sadly it won't be either. We would know if some big tax or court case went against El Stickerino's, while the Los Yambolino's finances are structured to promote inertia and stagnation rather than administration. As has been said, either ICT and Hamilton would be the thinking man's punt.

Yeah true.. Still, I'm not giving up hope just yet 😁

cocopops1875
11-08-2016, 10:51 PM
It's amazing how on the pulse the mutants over the road are

"If they do that, then they weaken their side while fighting for promotion, and the bank are entitled to a sizeable percentage of the fee, as part of the debt write off deal.

I've been told that they're still trading at a loss, and that every board meeting can only proceed once confirmation is given that STF has paid any outstanding bills for the previous month, as at least one director has insisted on this - to avoid potentially finding him/her selve(s) in any future trouble - as the Club are effectively trading while insolvent.

They have massively over stretched themselves financially the past two seasons in their (failed) bids to get back up to the Premiership - to the extent that Europe, the Cup Win, and S/T Sales (near 11,000 for this season - an incredible figure) are just papering over the cracks.

The article says that it's a Premiership Club, but Hibs are definitely on some very thin financial ice...."

:unsure:

Waxy
11-08-2016, 10:55 PM
Dundee utd

matty_f
11-08-2016, 11:14 PM

"If they do that, then they weaken their side while fighting for promotion, and the bank are entitled to a sizeable percentage of the fee, as part of the debt write off deal.

I've been told that they're still trading at a loss, and that every board meeting can only proceed once confirmation is given that STF has paid any outstanding bills for the previous month, as at least one director has insisted on this - to avoid potentially finding him/her selve(s) in any future trouble - as the Club are effectively trading while insolvent.

They have massively over stretched themselves financially the past two seasons in their (failed) bids to get back up to the Premiership - to the extent that Europe, the Cup Win, and S/T Sales (near 11,000 for this season - an incredible figure) are just papering over the cracks.

The article says that it's a Premiership Club, but Hibs are definitely on some very thin financial ice...."

:faf:

1875STEVE
11-08-2016, 11:37 PM

So we agree a debt write off deal, have no overdrafts, owe the bank nowt, but the bank are due a percentage of any transfer fee's. :aok:

:faf:

HoboHarry
12-08-2016, 01:01 AM
I'm not very religious but if there is a God: let it be the case that Glib has stiffed the Peepul for all the season tickets he can and can now enter admin to get out of the Puma deal. The highly paid stars (ahem) will be released from their contracts and DK can get the club for a pound. If that didn't make the Peepul realize they had been shafted nothing would.

I doubt this will happen but I think my wine glass would be full for a week if it did........

LancsHibs
12-08-2016, 05:56 AM
If it's Premier League then Partick Thistle would be my bet, they were makinking a real drama when the fixtures come out that they could miss out on a home tie against the ugly sisters.
If not then Dubdee Uniteds a good shout, a points deduction would be welcomed:wink:

Bowtow
12-08-2016, 06:22 AM
Ask Lee Wallace

patlowe
12-08-2016, 06:37 AM
I read a newspaper report on this, headlined with something like 'Scottish football in financial crisis', when in reality it was a survey to which five clubs in Scotland had responded, with one saying they could potentially be in danger of administration. Worrying as that is for that club, it's hardly representative of all clubs! We don't half love to talk down our own game in this country.

The survey also showed that a quarter of football league clubs in England who responded said their finances were either in need of attention or of grave concern, but again who knows how many or what teams responded. There was also big support down south for Scottish clubs playing in England...

My old man
12-08-2016, 06:40 AM
Ask Lee Wallace

HE'S a grass (pass it on)

Greenworld
12-08-2016, 06:53 AM
This could explain the no signings...extremely poor pre- season. .the record season ticket sales...there is a clear unrest down at East mains.
It is us oh no wee're doomed

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-08-2016, 07:19 AM

:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Marco G
12-08-2016, 07:47 AM
I read a newspaper report on this, headlined with something like 'Scottish football in financial crisis', when in reality it was a survey to which five clubs in Scotland had responded, with one saying they could potentially be in danger of administration. Worrying as that is for that club, it's hardly representative of all clubs! We don't half love to talk down our own game in this country.

The survey also showed that a quarter of football league clubs in England who responded said their finances were either in need of attention or of grave concern, but again who knows how many or what teams responded. There was also big support down south for Scottish clubs playing in England...
True, many problems down south. And as you say this survey seems to be based only on responses from 5 SPFL Premier clubs, presumably from those in the top league last season.

GloryGlory
12-08-2016, 07:48 AM

Clubs like Manchester United are carrying massive debt, which grows every season. If the Sky money ever vanished, a lot of clubs in England would be in real difficulties.

Finn2015
12-08-2016, 07:49 AM

What a deluded bunch

They are. Simple common sense does not apply

NAE NOOKIE
12-08-2016, 08:16 AM
Does anybody have a link to the survey?

Oscar T Grouch
12-08-2016, 08:20 AM

Took this from BBC gossip site. Report maybe not released? Seems to be Jackson wanting some spotlight on his coupon again.

Football finance expert Bryan Jackson admits he is "shocked" to hear that in a confidential survey of five top-flight clubs, one director said the club was on the "verge of administration". (Daily Record)

jacomo
12-08-2016, 08:36 AM

They are beyond stupid.

We're further away from admin than they are from fan ownership of their club. And they are a long way from that.

Benny Brazil
12-08-2016, 10:24 AM
Inside The SPFL ‏@AgentScotland 1h1 hour ago
Rangers are not seeking to sell James Tavernier but they let it be known they'll find it difficult to turn down bids in the region of £1.25m

Hmm... I wonder :greengrin

Bostonhibby
12-08-2016, 11:46 AM
I thought it was another thread about the yam, especially as they actually have put themselves into administration before to avoid paying their creditors.

JDHibs
12-08-2016, 11:51 AM
Potentials -

Partick - after all they made a big deal about not playing Celtic/Rangers enough
ICT - Hughes left because of budget restraints, not alot of movement in the transfer window and pathetic attendances.

Motherwell, Killie, Dundee would appear pretty solid, Motherwell were ready to reject bids for one of their star players, Killie held out for £250k for Magennis and Dundee go £250k for Hemmings and £500k for Stewart.

snedzuk
12-08-2016, 11:56 AM
Ross County said their debt free, Dundee have brought in a large amount of in transfer fees, if Killie were sailing that close to the wind I doubt they would have bought a whole new squad (unless Vlad has taken charge).

Motherwell, Hamilton are possibilities.

If I were a betting man it'd be Partick or ICT.

Partick had a very embarrassing public whinge about not getting enough sooks of the OF boaby and Hughes walked out over a slashed budget at ICT

Nearly spat my lunch out there - great description and so accurate.

CropleyWasGod
12-08-2016, 01:02 PM
Took this from BBC gossip site. Report maybe not released? Seems to be Jackson wanting some spotlight on his coupon again.

Football finance expert Bryan Jackson admits he is "shocked" to hear that in a confidential survey of five top-flight clubs, one director said the club was on the "verge of administration". (Daily Record)

I would be shocked, too.

One way to hasten insolvency is to tell people that you're on the verge of it. :greengrin

Topographic Hibby
12-08-2016, 01:03 PM
Didn't Partick get their bank debt paid off by the lottery winners, the Weirs, IIRC.

Things not looking great at the the other jags, ICT.

southsider
12-08-2016, 01:03 PM
We're further away from admin than they are from fan ownership of their club. And they are a long way from that.

Aye , debt payments in place. All accounts & tax paid. Just turned down £1.7 mill for JC. Only Celtic can afford to do what we did.

CropleyWasGod
12-08-2016, 01:14 PM
Didn't Partick get their bank debt paid off by the lottery winners, the Weirs, IIRC.

Things not looking great at the the other jags, ICT.

They did, as well as put £1.25m into their youth academy.

Maybe they want it back ....:greengrin

H18 SFR
12-08-2016, 10:23 PM
Apparently Twitter suggesting the club is Dundee. Not sure how reliable the source is.

J-C
13-08-2016, 06:53 AM
Apparently Twitter suggesting the club is Dundee. Not sure how reliable the source is.

If it is, how many times has it been in admin?

Michael
13-08-2016, 07:02 AM
I think we can rule out ICT. Seem a well run club and often make a profit.

R'Albin
13-08-2016, 07:04 AM
If it is, how many times has it been in admin?

They've been twice. '07 and '13 IIRC.

StevieCowan
13-08-2016, 07:59 AM
Dundee, wipe debts, pre-pack admin and start afresh at their new ground after selling Dens?

CropleyWasGod
13-08-2016, 08:32 AM
They've been twice. '07 and '13 IIRC.
2003 and 2010.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

hibsforeurope
13-08-2016, 08:41 AM

If it is Dundee something needs to be done above the usual points deduction. This will be the third time, they should be demoted to the bottom division at least.

Bostonhibby
13-08-2016, 08:49 AM
If it's Dundee they could just merge with the yams, and play under the new name of admin united? Seems a perfect fit for the model Wallace Mercer plotted all those years ago, only the don't have a decent stadium between them 😁

s.a.m
13-08-2016, 08:52 AM
If it's Dundee they could just merge with the yams, and play under the new name of admin united? Seems a perfect fit for the model Wallace Mercer plotted all those years ago, only the don't have a decent stadium between them 😁

In Dundee, hopefully. Or Shetland.

Bostonhibby
13-08-2016, 09:01 AM
[emoji106]

Viva_Palmeiras
13-08-2016, 09:09 AM
If it is Dundee something needs to be done above the usual points deduction. This will be the third time, they should be demoted to the bottom division at least.

Is the club now supporter owned?
So it's a different scenario from Dixon, Bonetti, Marrs?

BoomtownHibees
13-08-2016, 09:19 AM
Is the club now supporter owned?
So it's a different scenario from Dixon, Bonetti, Marrs?

It doesn't really matter IMO. To keep racking up debts that they can't pay then going in to admin to clear them off isn't right

greenlex
13-08-2016, 09:24 AM
Have they not just sold Hemmings and Stewart for fairly large sums? If they were on the brink it's surely bought them a wee bit time.

Caversham Green
13-08-2016, 09:33 AM

Here you go.

https://www.bdo.co.uk/en-gb/insights/industries/leisure-and-hospitality/the-2016-annual-survey-of-football-club-finance-di

Just having a look through it, I see the result for question 4 is split 33/67 for SP clubs. How does that work with 5 respondents?

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-08-2016, 11:04 AM
Have they not just sold Hemmings and Stewart for fairly large sums? If they were on the brink it's surely bought them a wee bit time.

Doubt that it is Dundee. They only sold Stewart and Hemmings because of the money offered rather than a need to sell. They brought in players from ICT at the tail end on contract offers that ICT couldn't match. That lead to Hughes leaving along with the boy that went to Aberdeen. That maybe says that both Dee and ICT are not spending money they don't have.

AltheHibby
13-08-2016, 11:08 AM
Here you go.

https://www.bdo.co.uk/en-gb/insights/industries/leisure-and-hospitality/the-2016-annual-survey-of-football-club-finance-di

Just having a look through it, I see the result for question 4 is split 33/67 for SP clubs. How does that work with 5 respondents?

I assume only 3 of them answered that particular question. I see that in feedback forms I review.

R'Albin
13-08-2016, 11:09 AM
2003 and 2010.

Oh, so I was absolutely nowhere near :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
13-08-2016, 11:10 AM
It doesn't really matter IMO. To keep racking up debts that they can't pay then going in to admin to clear them off isn't right
There's merit in the argument. However, the counter argument is that it's a different set of owners and,arguably, a different environment.

The 15/25 point deduction rule was brought in to dissuade a new owner from going down that same road....within 5 years. Dundee are past that threshold, so the current rules would give them the lower deduction.

There's been a lot of reactive change to the rules in recent years...reacting to different clubs' different situations. I'm not sure, if this is Dundee that we're talking about, that yet another rule change would be the wise way to go.

MurrayfieldHibs
13-08-2016, 11:14 AM

:tsk tsk: I go to Shetland every summer for 3 weeks. Don't want the place "soiled".:tsk tsk:

Caversham Green
13-08-2016, 12:24 PM
I assume only 3 of them answered that particular question. I see that in feedback forms I review.

Ah, that'll be it - although it's a yes or no answer - "Are the current owners of the club considering a full or partial exit within the next 12-18 months?"

There are some clues re the identity of the clubs in the questions - e.g. one was approached by long term supporters with a view to taking an equity stake in the club...

Despite the survey claiming to be Premiership clubs, one sees promotion as a key strategy. (22%of EPL cubs do as well) :confused:

Three clubs have fixed securities on their stadium, two don't. All three that do used them for cash flow.

Two expect to make a profit before player trading, two don't, one doesn't know.
One of the two 'don't's does expect to make a profit after player trading.

That'll do for now.

Shetland_Hibby
13-08-2016, 01:01 PM

Eh no thanks!

Bostonhibby
13-08-2016, 01:13 PM
Eh no thanks!
Gruinard then?

Shetland_Hibby
13-08-2016, 01:17 PM
Gruinard then?