PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: NEW ENTRANCE PROCEDURES INTRODUCED

RSS Bot
11-08-2016, 06:50 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6709)

Baldy Foghorn
11-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Good:flag:

3pm
11-08-2016, 06:53 PM
Yer not scamming your way in now!

linlithgowhibbie
11-08-2016, 06:54 PM
Good to see them doing this and weed out any chancers (If there are any!!!!!)

Bit of a busy game to start the checks tho!:thumbsup:

HibeeLR
11-08-2016, 06:57 PM
Anyone else had a problem getting in with a concession ticket? Mines has failed trying to get in for the Brondby game and QoS 🤔 Hopefully will be working on Saturday.

lugz
11-08-2016, 07:01 PM
So what happens for example if I can't make a game (I work 1 in 3 Saturdays) and my wife wants to go to the game with my daughter? Will she be unable to use my season ticket?

HTD1875
11-08-2016, 07:02 PM
This won't help the ques that's for sure, hopefully all the ticket issues are sorted and people get in early enough.

NAE NOOKIE
11-08-2016, 07:02 PM
Not everybody is on Hibs.net, the bounce or reads the official site ...... this could be a laugh a minute :greengrin

dp00
11-08-2016, 07:04 PM
So what happens for example if I can't make a game (I work 1 in 3 Saturdays) and my wife wants to go to the game with my daughter? Will she be unable to use my season ticket?

Think they are only checking ticket type so your wife would be fine if you hold an adult season ticket as she is an adult

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radium
11-08-2016, 07:05 PM
Does my 15 year old laddie need to bring his 4 year old passport [that barely looks like the 183cm laddie that will be holding it] or can I vouch for him and show my driving license.

I am not against it, just concerned that discussions with stewards are rarely straightforward and they have their fair share of jobsworths

Twiglet
11-08-2016, 07:06 PM

Do you have an adult ticket? If so, shouldn't make a difference, it's making sure concessions are concessions as far as I can make out.

Twiglet
11-08-2016, 07:07 PM
Not everybody is on Hibs.net, the bounce or reads the official site ...... this could be a laugh a minute :greengrin

There's been big signs above the turnstiles for weeks (in the west at least) so hopefully people have clicked on.

Since90+2
Hibs should just come out and say it for what it is that this is in place to stop people purchasing discounted tickets who are not entitled to them. I think everyone would agree that they are justified in doing so.

Trying to dress it up as a new procedure to "manage the flow of supporters" and to make it easier on the day just sounds daft. It will take longer to get into the ground if tickets are being checked before you even get to the turnstyle not make it quicker or easier.

lugz
Think they are only checking ticket type so your wife would be fine if you hold an adult season ticket as she is an adult

Ahh that's fine thanks. Hopefully that's where they draw the line, no way they can check everyone who is going in is the person on the ticket.

Hezbelle
11-08-2016, 07:08 PM
I'm assuming I won't have to carry the bairns passports every match?

scoopyboy
11-08-2016, 07:12 PM
Not before time.

Jay
11-08-2016, 07:13 PM
And the students wont have their matriculation cards yet so this should be fun

H18 SFR
11-08-2016, 07:13 PM
I take it non adult season ticket holders don't need to bring ID as they supplied it at the point of purchase? My laddie is 15 year old, 6ft 2" and (to some) looks 18ish. He can't be trusted to carry and look after his own season ticket let alone take a bloody passport to the game. Thoughts?

EH54
11-08-2016, 07:15 PM
Photocopy of passports are normally accepted in places Hibs proberbly won't be any different

Jay
I take it non adult season ticket holders don't need to bring ID as they supplied it at the point of purchase? My laddie is 15 year old, 6ft 2" and (to some) looks 18ish. He can't be trusted to carry and look after his own season ticket let alone take a bloody passport to the game. Thoughts?

Does he have a young Scot card? That should do. If he doesn't I'm sure he can apply for one free of charge

H18 SFR
And the students wont have their matriculation cards yet so this should be fun

Student season ticket purchasers were required to sing a declaration that they would email in their ID by October, so really they shouldn't be challenged.

mutley
Excellent. For those that got away with it in the past, fair play, you scammed a flaw in the system, but I hope this puts a stop to it.
No doubt there will be a few who will find another "loophole" (forged student card for example) but it's good to see that the club are doing what they can.

dp00
No doubt there will be a decent number caught out ... Hope hibs have representatives at each stand ... And anyone abusing stewards for doing there job are dealt with

Twiglet
11-08-2016, 07:16 PM

Does he have a Young Scot card? Think other places accept them.

H18 SFR
11-08-2016, 07:17 PM
Does he have a young Scot card? That should do. If he doesn't I'm sure he can apply for one free of charge

Yeah, he has had a few...all lost. Probably best if I get one and keep it with his season ticket.

Since90+2
11-08-2016, 07:20 PM
Have just read it again and it says they will be checking tickets 3 times? A Steward will check your ticket to direct you to the correct turnstyle , you then need to scan your ticket and once through the turnstyle you will be checked again?

If I have read that correctly then it seems abit over the top to be honest.

Jay
11-08-2016, 07:20 PM
Yeah, he has had a few...all lost. Probably best if I get one and keep it with his season ticket.

Ha ha I have a 14 year old exactly the same. Currently waiting on his 3rd bank card in just over a year.

hibee_girl
11-08-2016, 07:22 PM
Have just read it again and it says they will be checking tickets 3 times? A Steward will check your ticket to direct you to the correct turnstyle , you then need to scan your ticket and once through the turnstyle you will be checked again?

Best get there with plenty time to spare!

H18 SFR
11-08-2016, 07:23 PM
Ha ha I have a 14 year old exactly the same. Currently waiting on his 3rd bank card in just over a year.

Absolute murder isn't it. I checked the young scot website, I can order direct, it needs to be organised via his school here in South Ayrshire, il get him to organise it next week - I'm sure he will have it before Christmas.

hibsdaft
11-08-2016, 07:24 PM
Worth arriving early on Saturday - it's going to be very busy already, and this could really slow entry as we get closer to k/o.

we are hibs
11-08-2016, 07:28 PM
No doubt there will be a decent number caught out ... Hope hibs have representatives at each stand ... And anyone abusing stewards for doing there job are dealt with

I'm sorry but the majority of stewards I've came across at Easter road are morons. Half them don't want to be there and the other half are jobsworths.

ruthven_raiders
11-08-2016, 07:29 PM

What happens when my wife can't go, I usually give it to my nephew, will they be only checking it's an adult and not that it's the actual person using it?

Since90+2
11-08-2016, 07:31 PM
What happens when my wife can't go, I usually give it to my nephew, will they be only checking it's an adult and not that it's the actual person using it?

I don't imagine it would be a problem if it's an adult ticket but technically tickets are not meant to be transferable so perhaps would be good if Hibs clarified this.

ruthven_raiders
11-08-2016, 07:32 PM
I'm sorry but the majority of stewards I've came across at Easter road are morons. Half them don't want to be there and the other half are jobsworths.

Hibs will have to colour code tickets to stop so many checks!

Pretty Boy
11-08-2016, 07:33 PM
I think this is a disgrace. At least the scammers were giving Hibs something, now those noble souls might have to pay the going rate.

Or something like that.....

BoltonHibee
11-08-2016, 07:35 PM
I don't imagine it would be a problem if it's an adult ticket but technically tickets are not meant to be transferable so perhaps would be good if Hibs clarified this.

I have a season ticket in my name and another in my name with a 1 on the end. So they must be transferable?

ruthven_raiders
11-08-2016, 07:37 PM

Ye think they have to as i miss a few games due to holidays and other commitments,so if they start enforcing that rule then there will be many like me giving up season ticket and at the moment I'm paying over £800+ a season for two adults and kid season membership.....

Since90+2
11-08-2016, 07:37 PM
I have a season ticket in my name and another in my name with a 1 on the end. So they must be transferable?

I always thought tickets were in theory non transferable as it was part of the terms of purchase but I could be wrong. It's never enforced if it was anyway so can't see it being an issue now.

Edit - just checked and according to the terms of the season ticket sale they are non transferable and can only be used by the person named on the front of the card and it can be confiscated if it's found to be used by someone else. This is from the Hibs E Ticketing site.

Since90+2
11-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Ye think they have to as i miss a few games due to holidays and other commitments,so if they start enforcing that rule then there will be many like me giving up season ticket and at the moment I'm paying over £800+ a season for two adults and kid season membership.....

I woudn't worry if it's a adult ticket I can't see there being an issue. It's folk buying kids / student tickets they are trying to catch out who don't qualify for either.

Perhaps give Hibs a call if you are worried but I doubt it will be a problem.

Carheenlea
11-08-2016, 07:46 PM
There has obviously been a concern that quite a few people have been abusing concession tickets. This will have cost the club thousands over last few years, so can only be a good thing to stem the flow of chancers.

lord bunberry
11-08-2016, 07:50 PM
Is there going to be a turnstile that adults can go through with kids?

Lancs Harp
11-08-2016, 07:50 PM
Cant see the issue with a student ticket as you have to provide a valid student ID when you buy a ticket or when you buy a season ticket unless they are worried that students have been passing tickets on?

marinello59
11-08-2016, 07:52 PM
Is there going to be a turnstile that adults can go through with kids?

Yes.

lord bunberry
11-08-2016, 07:58 PM
Yes.
Thanks.

Hibs90
11-08-2016, 08:01 PM
Can see this being utter carnage on Saturday, will have the popcorn ready!

hibee
11-08-2016, 08:07 PM
This is going to cause major delays especially for those that like to turn up at 2:55.

It's a shame they've invested money in automated turnstiles but are now employing stewards before you get there all because of a few cheats.

I don't understand the bit about everyone but adults needs to show ID, I don't know any kids that carry ID with them, mine certainly don't.

HibeeLR
11-08-2016, 08:12 PM
Cant see the issue with a student ticket as you have to provide a valid student ID when you buy a ticket or when you buy a season ticket unless they are worried that students have been passing tickets on?

I can't provide a student ID until 10th September when I start. Have contacted Hibs about this and they said it should be fine just email us when you recieve it, however my ticket had failed to work for Brondby and QoS games. I've had to spend half an hour in the TO queue waiting for a printed ticket. Not sure if anyone else is having problems though 😂

BH Hibs
11-08-2016, 08:16 PM
Can see this being utter carnage on Saturday, will have the popcorn ready!

Might be worth going up early. :greengrin

Jones28
11-08-2016, 08:19 PM
I'm a student that doesn't have a matriculation card yet, but I was under the impression I had more time to provide this? Will that make a difference?

O'Rourke3
11-08-2016, 08:23 PM
It will help the flow checking because it will stop people who have joined the wrong queue and hold everybody else up getting stuck in the turnstyle. I reckon stewards will be in place 3 or 4 games and then random. They won't stop adults. They'll get caught in the consession queue. Just anticipate a few interesting conversations with mature students....

H18 SFR
11-08-2016, 08:25 PM
I'm a student that doesn't have a matriculation card yet, but I was under the impression I had more time to provide this? Will that make a difference?

They can't stop students entering given that we had signed a declaration giving us till October.

Babyshamble
11-08-2016, 08:27 PM
My son starts uni sept 1st. Can't get his form stamped till then. How will this affect him getting in to the game ? He is a season ticket holder

HibeeLR
11-08-2016, 08:39 PM
My son starts uni sept 1st. Can't get his form stamped till then. How will this affect him getting in to the game ? He is a season ticket holder

The form is only to say you will provide proof of being a student, so I'm assuming that your son will have a card when he starts anyway so shouldn't be a problem. I'm in the same situation.

Hibs90
11-08-2016, 08:43 PM
Might be worth going up early. :greengrin

I'm heading straight from work at 2 so probably won't get there until 2.40ish. Hopefully it's no too bad!

ACLeith
11-08-2016, 08:52 PM
I would hope I get challenged going in the concession gate...........

But somehow I think I'll be flagged right through !!! 🙄

BoltonHibee
11-08-2016, 08:54 PM
I always thought tickets were in theory non transferable as it was part of the terms of purchase but I could be wrong. It's never enforced if it was anyway so can't see it being an issue now.

Edit - just checked and according to the terms of the season ticket sale they are non transferable and can only be used by the person named on the front of the card and it can be confiscated if it's found to be used by someone else. This is from the Hibs E Ticketing site.

Strange one then. I have it all in writing with the TO, they knew what I was intending to use the 2nd ST for. ( different people). In fact it was their idea to use my name with 1 on the end for the 2nd one. I don't think it would ever be a problem though

trev the hat
11-08-2016, 09:01 PM
Not before time.

^^^^^This^^^^^

GreenCastle
11-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Will be arriving early on Saturday as can imagine it will be busy with the newer procedures and bigger crowd / new (current) season ticket holders finding seats etc.

Bristolhibby
11-08-2016, 09:10 PM

I'm sure every ST across the country says that.

Got me thinking, my local sports club has a pair of Man U seasons which they rotate around the members each season.

Also, what about the Kicks for Kids scheme?

Surely it's your ticket to do as you wish (I know the Ts&Cs say otherwise).

J

hibee-boys
11-08-2016, 09:16 PM
The club will have no problem with adult season ticket holders letting another adult using their ticket, you'll not need ID in that respect. It's concessions/kids/students tickets being used to allow adults to enter which they will be trying to catch out.....and rightly so. I could be wrong but I'm sure you can upgrade a concession ticket to adult ticket for a reduced adult cost, the club may find that option being used far more often from now on!😉

wookie70
11-08-2016, 09:20 PM
Good for me and the three kids I take. Very few kids in the West stand so should be easy to get in.

green day
11-08-2016, 09:27 PM
Good for me and the three kids I take. Very few kids in the West stand so should be easy to get in.

It will. When we went on Tuesday it'd already been signed. Not exactly tricky to work out the right gate.

Billychaotic182
11-08-2016, 09:30 PM
I'm down as my nephews carer. My nephew was attacked a few year ago and had to get life saving brain surgery leaving him registered as disabled. (Also was in the paper this week warning men to not walk home alone on a night out here is the link https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1567142/victim-of-vile-random-attack-warns-men-to-take-same-safety-precautions-as-women-on-nights-out/ ) Physically he is fine. He doesn't look like anything is wrong with him. It does worry me that him and I will need to go into a separate disabled queue. Worried that the stewards will look at him and do the whole "he doesn't look disabled" and think we are chancers. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but we have had this before and it really angers me that people think because you don't have a wheelchair or that, that you are not disabled.

Stantons Angel
11-08-2016, 09:36 PM
Anyone else had a problem getting in with a concession ticket? Mines has failed trying to get in for the Brondby game and QoS 🤔 Hopefully will be working on Saturday.
/

As these were not covered by your season ticket you had to add theses games to your season ticket and pay for them. if you did this you should have gotten in to the games.

For this seasons league games you will have to make sure you go in the concessions turnstile or again you wont see the game.

The Green Goblin
11-08-2016, 09:43 PM
I'm down as my nephews carer. My nephew was attacked a few year ago and had to get life saving brain surgery leaving him registered as disabled. (Also was in the paper this week warning men to not walk home alone on a night out here is the link https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1567142/victim-of-vile-random-attack-warns-men-to-take-same-safety-precautions-as-women-on-nights-out/ ) Physically he is fine. He doesn't look like anything is wrong with him. It does worry me that him and I will need to go into a separate disabled queue. Worried that the stewards will look at him and do the whole "he doesn't look disabled" and think we are chancers. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but we have had this before and it really angers me that people think because you don't have a wheelchair or that, that you are not disabled.

That is horrendous... �� So awful. I read the article. Those photos.... Terrible. :furious: I really hope your nephew continues to improve in his struggle to cope with his symptoms.

i have to ask...did they get the people that did it?

Billychaotic182
11-08-2016, 09:48 PM
That is horrendous... �� So awful. I read the article. Those photos.... Terrible. :furious: I really hope your nephew continues to improve in his struggle to cope with his symptoms.

i have to ask...did they get the people that did it?

The boy that punched him fist was given one year sentence but only served 6 month. The other boy who kicked him on the ground got away with it.

They were caught on CCTV and the police were able to identify them because they are well known in Fife as being thugs. A month before they did this to my nephew the robbed a 80 year old and beat him up with golf clubs. The boy that got away with it is actually in jail now for a similar attack. Fife eh!

oconnors_strip
11-08-2016, 10:27 PM

A very good point to raise with the club. I have emailed them about ambulant disabled gates and people not wanting others to know they have a disability and now being forced to enter an accessible entrance.

Billychaotic182
11-08-2016, 10:34 PM
A very good point to raise with the club. I have emailed them about ambulant disabled gates and people not wanting others to know they have a disability and now being forced to enter an accessible entrance.

If they reply can you let me know what was said?

My problem isn't us using the accessible entrance, if anything this will probably have the smallest queue. What worries me is people judging him using that entrance. You know thinking he is another chance'r, not knowing his circumstances. We have had this before and it is upsetting. Just want a good time at the football.

oconnors_strip
11-08-2016, 10:58 PM
If they reply can you let me know what was said?

My problem isn't us using the accessible entrance, if anything this will probably have the smallest queue. What worries me is people judging him using that entrance. You know thinking he is another chance'r, not knowing his circumstances. We have had this before and it is upsetting. Just want a good time at the football.

Will let you know what they say. I appreciate what you say as its happened to me as I have epilepsy, people are sadly so judgemental at times

derekduval
11-08-2016, 11:15 PM

I agree not all disabilities are visable. Asda have just introduced this very message on the door to their disabled toilets.

Jones28
12-08-2016, 05:40 AM

What a horrific story! I'm sure if you explain it they have an issue though.

Nakedmanoncrack
12-08-2016, 06:39 AM
Most of my concerns over this are around the issue of disabled access - forcing people to use a separate entrance, revealing their disability & exposed to risk of being judged is unacceptable. And the way it reads, ONLY disabled/carers can use these designated entrances, so taken literally family groups etc are going to be separated on entry, with children of disabled fans having to go unaccompanied through a different turnstile. It surely doesn't mean this, but as usual with a Hibs statement it is poorly worded in a way which leaves room for wrong interpretation.

Scouse Hibee
12-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Apart from a few details that need clarification this is an excellent idea and will hopefully finally stop the people who have been taking the piss by buying cheaper tickets they were not entitled to.

TAHibby
12-08-2016, 11:18 AM
Would like to think they would be targeting older men who are most certainly not under 16 rather than young guys that are really tall

hibee_nation
12-08-2016, 11:53 AM
Most of my concerns over this are around the issue of disabled access - forcing people to use a separate entrance, revealing their disability & exposed to risk of being judged is unacceptable. And the way it reads, ONLY disabled/carers can use these designated entrances, so taken literally family groups etc are going to be separated on entry, with children of disabled fans having to go unaccompanied through a different turnstile. It surely doesn't mean this, but as usual with a Hibs statement it is poorly worded in a way which leaves room for wrong interpretation.

Aye and forcing them to show a blue badge in their cars so the whole world knows and putting them in special car parking spots so we can all tell who they are its a blooming disgrace Hibs sort it out.

H18 SFR
12-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Would like to think they would be targeting older men who are most certainly not under 16 rather than young guys that are really tall

I totally agree with that logic, however, my laddie has been stopped twice, once outside the turnstiles and once inside.

oconnors_strip
12-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Aye and forcing them to show a blue badge in their cars so the whole world knows and putting them in special car parking spots so we can all tell who they are its a blooming disgrace Hibs sort it out.

Not every disabled person uses a wheelchair/crutches etc. Many people have a disability which you can't see, this is called ambulant disabled. But hey label everyone with the same tag

Billychaotic182
12-08-2016, 12:18 PM

What a horrible narrow minded thing to say! My nephew never asked to be attacked and left this way. We just want to go to the game like anyone else. My worry is that he is not in a wheel chair so people might judge him for using this entrance. We are cracking down hard on scammers that I don't want him labelled one due to not looking disabled

hibee_nation
12-08-2016, 12:24 PM
What a horrible narrow minded thing to say!

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit seemingly but thought that was pretty obvious. Whoosh.

Andy74
12-08-2016, 12:27 PM
Not every disabled person uses a wheelchair/crutches etc. Many people have a disability which you can't see, this is called ambulant disabled. But hey label everyone with the same tag

He wasn't labelling anyone, he was pointing out that there are already things that mark people out as having a disability such as when the blue badge is shown on a car and that this isn't taken as a sign that the person is being marked out or open to judgement.

Whatever disability people have there is reduced pricing available and if you qualify for that I don't think it is unreasonable to have an entrance which is equipped to accept reduced price tickets.

Nameless
12-08-2016, 12:27 PM
That's a deliberately provocative thing to post, off the back of some fellow hibees airing a genuine concern. Either it's a poor attempt at humor, or your a crass and tactless individual, I hope it's the former.

Scouse Hibee
12-08-2016, 12:35 PM
To summarise, if you have purchased a ticket that is less than a full value adult ticket be prepared to prove your entitlement to that ticket, seems fair enough to me.

Billychaotic182
12-08-2016, 12:36 PM
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit seemingly but thought that was pretty obvious. Whoosh.

Unneeded piss taking you mean. Why do people on the internet feel the need to act this way? Whoosh

hibee_nation
12-08-2016, 12:37 PM

My reply to nakedmanoncrack is obviously a bit too obtuse for some so let me make it clearer for you. I disagree with his assertion that having a disabled and carers gate for their exclusive use is wrong as it marks them out as different and liable to be judged. I used the blue badge as an example of why his arguement was lame. Andy 74 seemed to get my drift ok. Hibs new policy is the right way forward for all Hibs fans able bodied or not. I repeat it was no way intended as a dig against disabled supporters. If you read my post again hopefully you will see what i was meaning.

Billychaotic182
12-08-2016, 12:40 PM
My reply to nakedmanoncrack is obviously a bit too obtuse for some so let me make it clearer for you. I disagree with his assertion that having a disabled and carers gate for their exclusive use is wrong as it marks them out as different and liable to be judged. I used the blue badge as an example of why his arguement was lame. Andy 74 seemed to get my drift ok. Hibs new policy is the right way forward for all Hibs fans able bodied or not. I repeat it was no way intended as a dig against disabled supporters. If you read my post again hopefully you will see what i was meaning.

No one should be judged

The Green Goblin
12-08-2016, 12:43 PM

A smiley helps avoid misunderstandings with things like this. :wink:

hibee_nation
12-08-2016, 12:44 PM
No one should be judged

Because of the scammers Hibs now do have to judge to make sure everyone has been issued with the correct ticket, whether that be someone too old for a childs ticket or not attending further education for a student ticket,

Billychaotic182
12-08-2016, 12:45 PM
If you read the article I posted about my nephew you would see that he is just a young lad wanting to get on with his life. He is able bodied and looks normal to some which I why I'm worried that the uber fan police will judge him for using this entrance. It's happened before to him and as I'm sure you can imagine it's upsetting. We shouldn't be open to judge people we don't know nothing about. That's morally wrong!

hibee_nation
12-08-2016, 12:45 PM
A smiley helps avoid misunderstandings with things like this. :wink:

Indeed mate i was going to put a Petrie :grr: wish i had now :aok:

Billychaotic182
12-08-2016, 12:47 PM
Because of the scammers Hibs now do have to judge to make sure everyone has been issued with the correct ticket, whether that be someone too old for a childs ticket or not attending further education for a student ticket,

He has proven to hibs that he is eligible for this ticket! Otherwise they wouldn't issue it. That should be the end off the matter in my eyes!

hibee_nation
12-08-2016, 12:50 PM
If you read the article I posted about my nephew you would see that he is just a young lad wanting to get on with his life. He is able bodied and looks normal to some which I why I'm worried that the uber fan police will judge him for using this entrance. It's happened before to him and as I'm sure you can imagine it's upsetting. We shouldn't be open to judge people we don't know nothing about. That's morally wrong!

Look mate if i have said something to upset you about your nephew i apologise sincerely. My post was not aimed at you, I was just disagreeing with nakedmanoncracks assertion that Hibs were wrong to have a seperate gate.

Andy74
12-08-2016, 12:51 PM

Sorry but I think you are overthinking this one a bit - I'm not sure what you or he experienced before but its is the people in these situations that are idiots not the fact there is a concession gate to enter.

I would imagine virtually no one would bat an eyelid or be thinking about who is going to these entrances at all. If anyone does then they are going to be idiots regardless! Most folk are just intent on getting themselves in to the ground.

Billychaotic182
12-08-2016, 12:52 PM
Look mate if i have said something to upset you about your nephew i apologise sincerely. My post was not aimed at you, I was just disagreeing with nakedmanoncracks assertion that Hibs were wrong to have a seperate gate.

That's no problem mate. Think I just have my back up about it after it happening in the past. Was an awful thing for us to go through and I just want what's best for him. I apologise for jumping on the defence also

hibee_nation
12-08-2016, 12:57 PM
That's no problem mate. Think I just have my back up about it after it happening in the past. Was an awful thing for us to go through and I just want what's best for him. I apologise for jumping on the defence also

Thanks mate, the lack of any real justice must be hard to deal with, hope they get it back in bucketloads. All the best.

cabbageandribs1875
12-08-2016, 01:04 PM
The boy that punched him fist was given one year sentence but only served 6 month. The other boy who kicked him on the ground got away with it.

They were caught on CCTV and the police were able to identify them because they are well known in Fife as being thugs. A month before they did this to my nephew the robbed a 80 year old and beat him up with golf clubs. The boy that got away with it is actually in jail now for a similar attack. Fife eh!

i would change the bit in bold to 'judges' eh, they were appallingly lenient sentences for the cowardly *******s

Billychaotic182
12-08-2016, 01:11 PM
i would change the bit in bold to 'judges' eh, they were appallingly lenient sentences for the cowardly *******s

The thing is they didn't try to rob him, and he had no idea who they were so it wasn't a planned attack! Just two boys looking for a fight and he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

hibee_girl
12-08-2016, 05:22 PM
Thought Hibs might have sent an email out about this, I've just had to explain it all to my Grandad to make sure he's got the right ID tomorrow (he's definitely an old man but guaranteed if he doesn't take ID he'll be the one that's held up for ages!) :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2016, 10:07 AM
Can anyone who is outed as a cheat,fraudster or con artist please form an orderely line in the West car park so we can all laugh at you..cheers.

PS Anyone who is genuine but mistakenly ejected need not join the line.

Hibernia&Alba
13-08-2016, 10:12 AM
I must be naïve: it never crossed my mind that some people were doing it.

Siralbertkidd
13-08-2016, 10:58 AM
I must be naïve: it never crossed my mind that some people were doing it.

Out of curiosity,is there any sort of amnesty/upgrade option for the guys that have been using "dodgy" tickets or will you only suss it out because there is an empty seat near you?

hibby67
13-08-2016, 11:16 AM
I bought my son a student ticket as he has just left 6th year and has been accepted into uni but he does not have a student card yet... Hopefully his email saying he has been accepted to uni will be enough

The Green Goblin
13-08-2016, 11:32 AM
Out of curiosity,is there any sort of amnesty/upgrade option for the guys that have been using "dodgy" tickets or will you only suss it out because there is an empty seat near you?

:hmmm: :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2016, 11:43 AM

The folk around you will notice you missing,you still have time to repent ;-)

Siralbertkidd
13-08-2016, 12:26 PM
The folk around you will notice you missing,you still have time to repent ;-)

Honestly,was asking for a friend lol. I will be in my usual seat in the east

lugz
13-08-2016, 01:14 PM
Absolutely no dramas getting in. The security guy never even checked my tickets, saw I was with my daughter and we were walking in the adult & child turnstile. Here's hoping everyone has such an easy experience

H18 SFR
13-08-2016, 01:20 PM
Same, straight in with my legitimate student ticket with no check.

theonlywayisup
13-08-2016, 01:30 PM
Not many going in the adult only Gate!

ClewsHibs
13-08-2016, 01:33 PM
Why only have 2 collection windows open, but 3 buying? Surely there's far more people collecting than buying today.The qeues suggest that anyway

Hibs1969
13-08-2016, 01:47 PM
No queues, no hassle getting in. Easy

Danderhall Hibs
13-08-2016, 01:48 PM
Easy for me as well. Quite disappointing for a few I'd imagine.

I wonder how many STs we'll have after the end of today?

StevieCowan
13-08-2016, 01:49 PM
Absolutely no hassle at all

simple
13-08-2016, 01:51 PM

My mate has a senior season ticket and got stopped, just had to go to the ticket office and buy an adult season ticket, cost him £220 😄

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2016, 01:52 PM
The steward looked at my son and instantly pointed him towards the concession gate as we approached the adult gate. Haha he's 22 with an adult ticket and a baby face.

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2016, 01:55 PM
My mate has a senior season ticket and got stopped, just had to go to the ticket office and buy an adult season ticket, cost him £220 😄

Good that's what we like to hear.

hibee_girl
13-08-2016, 01:55 PM
Not many checks going on at east stand

SteveHFC
13-08-2016, 01:56 PM
The steward looked at my son and instantly pointed him towards the concession gate as we approached the adult gate. Haha he's 22 with an adult ticket and a baby face.

I'm 23 with a baby face. :greengrin

wookie70
13-08-2016, 01:56 PM
First use of my daughter's season ticket and it didn't work. Looks like they have sold her seat after we moved, or hopefully moved, it. Fortunately, the other lad I take couldn't make it so used his ST. Steward point blank said go to ticket office no common sense. One of my kids was already through. Hassle for bona fide ST holders good luck to the chancers

simple
13-08-2016, 02:06 PM
Good that's what we like to hear.

I know, quite right and hopefully others get caught.

hibee-boys
13-08-2016, 04:19 PM
How was the new entry procedures? Any delays? People getting turned back?

lugz
13-08-2016, 04:38 PM
So did adults get checked to see if they had adult STs?

RoslinInstHibby
13-08-2016, 04:39 PM
How was the new entry procedures? Any delays? People getting turned back?

Had no issues at all, left behind the goals at 2:45 and was hardly a queue to get in

hibbycraig
13-08-2016, 04:46 PM

It's not in place for peoples tickets to get checked. It's to speed up people entering the stadium using dedicated turnstiles.

stoneyburn hibs
13-08-2016, 04:48 PM
Not a problem today when I entered the West.

lyonhibs
13-08-2016, 04:51 PM
So all the LOUD NOISES about how this would be dreadful and cause delays were a load of pish then??

A good move by Hibs. Doing everything they can to make sure folk pay their way as appropriate can only be a good thing.

tanfield
13-08-2016, 05:04 PM
It's not in place for peoples tickets to get checked. It's to speed up people entering the stadium using dedicated turnstiles.

I was there with 3 kids and steward only interested in checking my ticket. No problems though, quickly through

GreenCastle
13-08-2016, 05:19 PM
Was with a friend who went in adult season ticket gate and they asked to see both cards.

Just Alf
13-08-2016, 05:35 PM
First use of my daughter's season ticket and it didn't work. Looks like they have sold her seat after we moved, or hopefully moved, it. Fortunately, the other lad I take couldn't make it so used his ST. Steward point blank said go to ticket office no common sense. One of my kids was already through. Hassle for bona fide ST holders good luck to the chancers
Thats out if order on their part then... Hibs specifically stated that there were supervisors in each area to avoid the need to send anyone to the ticket office!!!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
13-08-2016, 05:36 PM
I have a legitimate senior season ticket, was stopped then told to carry on.

Bugger, extremely disappointed.

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2016, 05:39 PM

Yes mine was checked

hibee_girl
13-08-2016, 05:40 PM

Mine wasn't checked at any point in the East stand, neither was my Grandad's concession ticket

BT58
13-08-2016, 05:44 PM
My brand new season ticket got refused. I was a season ticket holder 2 years ago. The lass said they had issued two in my name??. Both had been stopped. I got a ticket and was told that a 3rd would be sent in post. There was a queue before me with others who had similar problems. I was at turnstile for 235 and missed the kick off. Not a happy bunny !!!

lugz
13-08-2016, 05:48 PM

Not sure if this is sarcasm

It's definitely to check that people aren't buying discounted season tickets that they're not entitled to.

staunchhibby
13-08-2016, 05:54 PM
No check on my concession going into ff5.

semaj64
13-08-2016, 06:24 PM
My daughters Adult ticket was checked, she was proud as usually she is checked for being under age at clubs. now officially an adult

semaj64
13-08-2016, 06:26 PM
Mine wasn't checked at any point in the East stand, neither was my Grandad's concession ticket

Really with those shorts and youthful legs I thought he was 30 ish

hibee_girl
13-08-2016, 06:31 PM
Really with those shorts and youthful legs I thought he was 30 ish

Haha, I'll let him know! :greengrin

O'Rourke3
13-08-2016, 06:36 PM
I had my card checked going into West Upper - but there was no queue at that point. Think she was just bored.

Borderhibbie76
13-08-2016, 06:56 PM
Know for a fact some scammers got in today - hope they are caught out soon as it angers me tbh

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

StevieCowan
13-08-2016, 07:15 PM
I'd think that Hibs will be running a scan against all concession ST's that went through an adults gate.

I wouldn't be surprised if those tickets are then invalidated and require a manual check at the next home game

tartanhibee
13-08-2016, 07:35 PM
My son, my brother in law and me managed to get into the west lower with our west upper season ticket then had to be led through some weird corridor to the stairs.

Danderhall Hibs
13-08-2016, 07:36 PM
My son, my brother in law and me managed to get into the west lower with our west upper season ticket then had to be led through some weird corridor to the stairs.

What was weird about it?

Baw187
13-08-2016, 07:40 PM
I might be wrong but I thought the lights above the turnstile flashed a different colour depending on the type of ticket you have, and the steward inside was meant to check the light against the person coming through? [emoji848]

tartanhibee
13-08-2016, 07:45 PM
What was weird about it?

It didn't really fit with the rest of the concourse as it had a carpet and was painted white.

Danderhall Hibs
13-08-2016, 08:04 PM
It didn't really fit with the rest of the concourse as it had a carpet and was painted white.

:aok: they should carpet every concourse.

Get that on the list before the helipad.

greenlex
13-08-2016, 08:14 PM
I'd think that Hibs will be running a scan against all concession ST's that went through an adults gate.

I wouldn't be surprised if those tickets are then invalidated and require a manual check at the next home game
They will probably receive a letter to come in for a chat.

BSEJVT
13-08-2016, 08:19 PM

I would hope that people would have enough of an understanding of the many forms that disability can take that this wouldn't happen. But I guess judging from your comments that that is unfortunately not the case.

I wouldn't know about any uber fan police, but again I would hope that those officially authorised by the club to carry out any checks would do so both discreetly and sensitively.

I have previously been pretty vocal on a similar thread to this about people scamming the club by using concessions they weren't entitled to, but it never once occurred to me that that this would extend to using concessionary tickets for the disabled as well.

That is the lowest of the low.

Congratulations to those that did for putting an unnecessary barrier in the way of folk living with disabilities who are trying to get on with their lives as quietly and discreetly as they can.

I hope you are really proud of yourselves.

hibsdaft
13-08-2016, 08:34 PM

i assumed they would stop access for concession STs through the adults-only turnstyles?

Billychaotic182
13-08-2016, 08:42 PM
I would hope that people would have enough of an understanding of the many forms that disability can take that this wouldn't happen. But I guess judging from your comments that that is unfortunately not the case.

I wouldn't know about any uber fan police, but again I would hope that those officially authorised by the club to carry out any checks would do so both discreetly and sensitively.

I have previously been pretty vocal on a similar thread to this about people scamming the club by using concessions they weren't entitled to, but it never once occurred to me that that this would extend to using concessionary tickets for the disabled as well.

That is the lowest of the low.

Congratulations to those that did for putting an unnecessary barrier in the way of folk living with disabilities who are trying to get on with their lives as quietly and discreetly as they can.

I hope you are really proud of yourselves.

We got in fine and the stewards couldn't be nicer. Very polite and helpful.

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2016, 09:34 PM

And if you believe that..........

The Green Goblin
13-08-2016, 11:34 PM

I did. :agree:

iwasthere1972
14-08-2016, 07:18 AM

Me and my daughter did in the FF Lower. Both adult tickets but my daughter was using my brother's season ticket. One ticket in one hand and the other ticket in the other I showed them both to the nice lady who was checking them and had no problem. I did however have my thumbs over the names and just showed that they were adult season tickets. :greengrin. Well better that someone was sitting in my brother's seat rather than it being empty.