PDA

View Full Version : Marciano's situlation?

California-Hibs
11-08-2016, 08:35 AM
Anyone know how far along they are in getting the international clearance papers? Does he have any realistic chance at all of being involved on Saturday?

Andy74
11-08-2016, 08:41 AM
Anyone know how far along they are in getting the international clearance papers? Does he have any realistic chance at all of being involved on Saturday?

There was a wee bit in one of the papers today saying we are still waiting on a visa.

staunchhibby
11-08-2016, 09:58 AM
Heres hoping it comes through in time.I heard he has been showing up realy great in training.

FT'J'Bo's
11-08-2016, 10:31 AM
Heres hoping it comes through in time.I heard he has been showing up realy great in training.

Been showing this form, hopefully! :greengrin

https://youtu.be/fs_6lPDatEk

SlickShoes
11-08-2016, 10:39 AM
If it depends at all on the UK foreign office then it may take a while. My Mrs was using a 2 day service they had for document verification and it's been 3 weeks so far.

hibee316
11-08-2016, 12:03 PM
If it depends at all on the UK foreign office then it may take a while. My Mrs was using a 2 day service they had for document verification and it's been 3 weeks so far.

What position does she play?

If you married her she must be a keeper!

:)

SlickShoes
11-08-2016, 02:27 PM

hahaha, oh dear!

SonOfDavidFrancey
11-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Been showing this form, hopefully! :greengrin

https://youtu.be/fs_6lPDatEk

some of the stradiums in that showreel suggest he will feel at home in falkirk and other dives

lyonhibs
11-08-2016, 02:40 PM
Not that there's any reason at all, whatsoever, for this to be the case, but does anyone else have a teeny tiny inkling that the fact that he's an Israeli might be slowing the process down a bit.

Scouse Hibee
11-08-2016, 02:43 PM
When he finally does play he better be damn good, the expectation levels on here are through the roof. :greengrin

Craig_HFC
11-08-2016, 02:48 PM
Not that there's any reason at all, whatsoever, for this to be the case, but does anyone else have a teeny tiny inkling that the fact that he's an Israeli might be slowing the process down a bit.

Nah, the Huns down the lodge have got their Masonic pals that work in the Foreign Office to slow the process down because he's coming to Hibs.

Their hurt & bitterness knows no bounds.

:greengrin

staunchhibby
11-08-2016, 02:50 PM
Getting good vibes re him.Showing up well in training and very agile

Iain G
11-08-2016, 03:30 PM
Getting good vibes re him.Showing up well in training and very agile

Can he play left back? :greengrin

JDHibs
11-08-2016, 03:38 PM
Can he play left back? :greengrin

Be at the past 2 games and Stevenson is actually looking pretty decent. Willing runner, decent defensively, gives us width, happy to take a player on and get to the by line, only thing that lets him down is his delivery most times!

southern hibby
11-08-2016, 03:54 PM

See I'd say she'd be a striker because she'll score....

I'll get my coat.

GGTTH

linlithgowhibbie
11-08-2016, 04:11 PM

I'll get my coat.

GGTTH

Could be a sub if your first girlfriend dumped you!:wink:

Scott Allan Key
11-08-2016, 04:33 PM

Yes, anyone presently outside the EU will face delays and certain countries we might as well forget trying to import. We'd be lucky to get an established international the now, given our present status and they have best chance of visa, which is becoming more and more of a lottery.

Finn2015
11-08-2016, 04:43 PM
Going to get my tin hat on but here goes. I hope it's soon cos I don't have confidence in laidlaw. There, I said it

Borderhibbie76
11-08-2016, 06:04 PM
Going to get my tin hat on but here goes. I hope it's soon cos I don't have confidence in laidlaw. There, I said it
Yeah pretty harsh...was at fault for 2nd goal the other night but been pretty good apart from that...and the defence didn't exactly help him on Tues night... too early and too harsh mate imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Itsnoteasy
11-08-2016, 07:02 PM
Yes, anyone presently outside the EU will face delays and certain countries we might as well forget trying to import. We'd be lucky to get an established international the now, given our present status and they have best chance of visa, which is becoming more and more of a lottery.

So why do we open our traps & say he is our No1 when he cannae even play. Was that to appease the fans at the time

Ryan69
11-08-2016, 08:11 PM

If he was muslim and had no passport...no problem.

So maybe your right!

CropleyWasGod
11-08-2016, 08:17 PM

So maybe your right!

You mean, like a British-born Muslim?

Ryan69
11-08-2016, 08:29 PM
You mean, like a British-born Muslim?

No. One without a passport..as I stated.

Pretty Boy
11-08-2016, 08:33 PM
Oh good the xenophobia has spread from the Holy Ground forum now.

4WAW
11-08-2016, 08:34 PM

I'll get my coat.

GGTTH

Could be a hooker, or is that a totally different ball game?

pass me my coat while your over there ....

CropleyWasGod
11-08-2016, 08:36 PM
No. One without a passport..as I stated.

A BBM wouldn't need one :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-08-2016, 08:50 PM

No. But you are right to say that there is no reason for that to be the case.

Scott Allan Key
11-08-2016, 08:54 PM
A BBM wouldn't need one :wink:

Yes, my son is only 10 weeks old is Muslm and has no passport. Do you think he will fill the gap?

Hiya Ryan, hiya pal. Where'v you been?

wookie70
11-08-2016, 08:57 PM
The delay is far more likely caused by the decimation of public services particularly the civil service by the Tory government that the country or religion of our new number 1

Ryan69
11-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Yes, my son is only 10 weeks old is Muslm and has no passport. Do you think he will fill the gap?

Hiya Ryan, hiya pal. Where'v you been?

The other key part he forgot to remember is why would a british muslim need a visa?

Scott Allan Key
11-08-2016, 09:04 PM
The delay is far more likely caused by the decimation of public services particularly the civil service by the Tory government that the country or religion of our new number 1

Indeed, although, priority for immigration visas etc, for anyone, is probably also bottom of the list of administration along with those nasty disabled. Billy the Fish might be eligible, but FIFA probably don't allow aquatic animals in goal which is part of a worrying rise in fiscism amongst the disenfranchised and their elite masters.

CropleyWasGod
11-08-2016, 09:05 PM
The other key part he forgot to remember is why would a british muslim need a visa?

Didn't forget to remember anything.

:greengrin

PS it's more likely that it's the work permit that is holding things up, rather than the visa. And that will be getting dealt with by the Foreign Office's expert in football issues, a Mr. Mohammad.........

jae
11-08-2016, 09:14 PM

Married woman? has to be a sweeper no? :greengrin:wink:

Halifaxhibby
11-08-2016, 09:34 PM

So maybe your right!

Wtf???

Halifaxhibby
11-08-2016, 09:35 PM
Good grief!!!!!

JimBHibees
12-08-2016, 08:37 AM

So maybe your right!

Dear oh dear.

JDHibs
12-08-2016, 08:40 AM

So maybe your right!

Oh wow.

Back to football and not ridiculous assumptions and claims regarding religions, could be a good chance for Laidlaw to amend for his mistake on Tuesday, would hurt his confidence if he was to be dropped.

hibs0666
12-08-2016, 08:42 AM

So maybe your right!

That is one bizarre opinion to hold.

GloryGlory
12-08-2016, 08:48 AM
Oh wow.

Back to football and not ridiculous assumptions and claims regarding religions, could be a good chance for Laidlaw to amend for his mistake on Tuesday, would hurt his confidence if he was to be dropped.

According to Lennon, Ofir has been brought in as the no. 1 keeper, so Laidlaw will be dropped when a work permit comes through. Also I read when Laidlaw signed that it was made clear he is coming in as back-up keeper.

JDHibs
12-08-2016, 09:04 AM
According to Lennon, Ofir has been brought in as the no. 1 keeper, so Laidlaw will be dropped when a work permit comes through. Also I read when Laidlaw signed that it was made clear he is coming in as back-up keeper.
I know that. But if would damage his confidence to be dropped after making a mistake.

Even if he knows he is back up.

CropleyWasGod
12-08-2016, 09:50 AM
I know that. But if would damage his confidence to be dropped after making a mistake.

Even if he knows he is back up.

There's a difference between being dropped "after" making a mistake, and being dropped "because" he made a mistake.

And, we don't know if being dropped would damage his confidence. None of us know the guy's mentality. For all we know, it would make him more determined to work harder and regain his place.

JDHibs
12-08-2016, 09:55 AM
There's a difference between being dropped "after" making a mistake, and being dropped "because" he made a mistake.

And, we don't know if being dropped would damage his confidence. None of us know the guy's mentality. For all we know, it would make him more determined to work harder and regain his place.

Hes a young lad at a new club looking prove himself after a long injury lay off. You think he was coming here sky high on confidence after being let go by Raith? Determinations and confidence are too different things.

To be fair i work with his brother in law who i speak to alot, so i get the jist of who he is. Hes told Lennon he is willing to fight for no1.

End of the day being dropped is being dropped, for a keeper confidence is a massive aspect of the game. No one likes being dropped whether is because of a mistake or because someone else can come in. Look at how Oxley coped when his confidence was shot and the fans were on his back.

Hamish
12-08-2016, 10:37 AM
Laidlaw in goals tomorrow.

lyonhibs
12-08-2016, 11:47 AM

So maybe your right!

Oh bloody hell, that's not what I was getting at.

Maybe, as mentioned elsewhere, it's more because he's non EU that the prices might be delayed beyond the normal handling time/what we want it to be.

Baldy Foghorn
12-08-2016, 12:07 PM
Still actively trying to get a work permit for Ofir......Great line from Lennon "Ofir sat an English test, and passed. Jason Cumming failed it though":greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

sixtwo
12-08-2016, 02:49 PM
laidlaw is not ready for hibs first team yet and I'm disappointed we have not been better prepared before now. It's a crucial position and should have been resolved before the euro games.

Ronniekirk
12-08-2016, 02:58 PM
laidlaw is not ready for hibs first team yet and I'm disappointed we have not been better prepared before now. It's a crucial position and should have been resolved before the euro games.

Laidlaw seemed to do okin first few games His clanger v Queens was his first mistake
But agree a crucial position needed sorted early doors But we are whete we are and hopefully Laidlaw hasnt lost confidence and he os fine on Saturday

southern hibby
12-08-2016, 02:59 PM
Could be a hooker, or is that a totally different ball game?

pass me my coat while your over there ....

It's inbound.....

GGTTH

Renfrew_Hibby
12-08-2016, 03:12 PM
I never seem to hear of overseas players that move to the EPL having delays with visas and having to sit out matches? Are players moving to the EPL fast tracked by the authorities?

CropleyWasGod
12-08-2016, 03:30 PM
I never seem to hear of overseas players that move to the EPL having delays with visas and having to sit out matches? Are players moving to the EPL fast tracked by the authorities?

Rojo

https://www.kingsleynapley.co.uk/news-and-events/blogs/immigration-law-blog/when-uk-immigration-rules-stall-premiership-football-moves

Joel Campbell

http://iasservices.org.uk/Even-Premier-League-Footballers-Can-Have-A-Visa-Application-Rejected

There are others. Just Google "premiership visa delays"

Renfrew_Hibby
12-08-2016, 03:46 PM
Rojo

https://www.kingsleynapley.co.uk/news-and-events/blogs/immigration-law-blog/when-uk-immigration-rules-stall-premiership-football-moves

Joel Campbell

http://iasservices.org.uk/Even-Premier-League-Footballers-Can-Have-A-Visa-Application-Rejected

There are others. Just Google "premiership visa delays"

Just seems it should happen more often down the road given that they sign players from anywhere and everywhere.

CropleyWasGod
12-08-2016, 04:05 PM
Just seems it should happen more often down the road given that they sign players from anywhere and everywhere.

As a percentage of applications, it probably happens as often. We're probably just not aware of them, as they're hardly big news.

We're aware of this one, because it directly affects us.