PDA

View Full Version : Meetings as a result of club letters

Forza Fred
11-08-2016, 03:56 AM
Have Any actually taken place or is the gadgie still on holiday?

Or

1 The attendees have sworn a blood oath not to discuss the outcome

Or

It was a wind up?

I would have thought, given a degree of action was already taken against the recipients that the club would have moved with a degree of urgency if this was fair dinkum, as they say here"

GreenT
11-08-2016, 09:44 AM
Can't see how Hibs could identify many of the "invaders". Perhaps only a few letters sent out and the fact was spread on social media which then comes to the attention of the SFA that Hibs are taking the invasion seriously. All to the good for any appeal regarding a possible fine. Hibs could/would not make anyone available when asked by the STV sports correspondent to comment regarding the letters.

Forza Fred
11-08-2016, 11:06 AM
Can't see how Hibs could identify many of the "invaders". Perhaps only a few letters sent out and the fact was spread on social media which then comes to the attention of the SFA that Hibs are taking the invasion seriously. All to the good for any appeal regarding a possible fine. Hibs could/would not make anyone available when asked by the STV sports correspondent to comment regarding the letters.

Get all the background stuff, but there were enough people who posted on her that they/relatives got a letter telling them their 'membership' had been suspended until they attended a meeting with our security guy for a little chat.

That was a few weeks ago,yet as far as I know nobody has posted to say that they actually attended the meeting

Have none of the proposed meetings occurred?

Andy74
11-08-2016, 11:14 AM
Got to say there was nothing in the report that suggested this course of action was needed to satisfy anyone which makes me think there is more to it.

The report did say something needed addressed on those that were in the other half but not necessarily involved in hassle.

Could it be that it's not really just folk who wandered on but people who have been identified as having been in the wrong side of the pitch?

Scouse Hibee
11-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Got to say there was nothing in the report that suggested this course of action was needed to satisfy anyone which makes me think there is more to it.

The report did say something needed addressed on those that were in the other half but not necessarily involved in hassle.

Could it be that it's not really just folk who wandered on but people who have been identified as having been in the wrong side of the pitch?

No as some people who stayed in our half near the goal have received them.

Forza Fred
11-08-2016, 01:38 PM

But have any of them attended the meeting they were supposed to arrange?

Andy74
11-08-2016, 01:41 PM

If that's been proven to be the case then I'm just as confused as I was about why we've done this - the report has been pretty clear about the celebratory intentions only from the vast majority of fans and I can't see from that why the SFA or police would have instigated this.

As it stands it just looks like poor form from Hibs.

oldbutdim
11-08-2016, 01:44 PM
Some meetings have already taken place.

Coults1875
11-08-2016, 01:48 PM
Some meetings have already taken place.

Any context into what has been said?

SlickShoes
11-08-2016, 01:51 PM
It's a bit weird that people are saying meetings have taken place but no one has any info at all about it.

Could it be that these innocent people have be confronted with proof that they did do something wrong and are now silent on the matter?

Any other reason no one has said anything about the content of the meetings yet?

JDHibs
11-08-2016, 02:10 PM
Any context into what has been said?

Ive spoken with a few people who have had them, it was just a chat, the club understands the excitement etc but that it cant happen again.

No warnings, no season tickets cancelled, just a friendly chat.

Fans made a mountain out of a mole hill.

Craig_HFC
11-08-2016, 02:11 PM
Ive spoken with a few people who have had them, it was just a chat, the club understands the excitement etc but that it cant happen again.

Well, it IS hibs.net after all, isn't it?

:greengrin

JDHibs
11-08-2016, 02:13 PM
Well, it IS hibs.net after all, isn't it?

:greengrin

I was not, in any way shocked at the over reaction LOL

Andy74
11-08-2016, 02:16 PM

Doesn't it just prove the point about how pointless this was though? It did create a bit of negative feeling and some additional publicity in exchange for achieving nothing.

Scouse Hibee
11-08-2016, 02:19 PM
But have any of them attended the meeting they were supposed to arrange?

Not sure, I need to ask the guys who received them. Though it seems according to another poster that some have and it was a slap on the wrist type of thing that the club felt was the right thing to do with those they could identify. It had some folk concerned about the eventual outcome so perhaps it served its purpose.

JDHibs
11-08-2016, 02:20 PM
Doesn't it just prove the point about how pointless this was though? It did create a bit of negative feeling and some additional publicity in exchange for achieving nothing.

No. It showed the independant commission and the SFA that we were taking this seriously and willing to work with them to stop it happening again. Could potentially save us alot when it comes to the fines etc.

Whether we like it or not, we caused this by storming on the pitch, we knew it was wrong but didnt care, and rightly so, I have no regrets but can understand the repercussions of what happened.

The whole letter/meeting thing was all about showing face. Thats it.

oldbutdim
11-08-2016, 02:22 PM
It's a bit weird that people are saying meetings have taken place but no one has any info at all about it.

Could it be that these innocent people have be confronted with proof that they did do something wrong and are now silent on the matter?

Any other reason no one has said anything about the content of the meetings yet?

Maybe the chats were confidential? Maybe they were all a bit different – who can say?
I know that in one case at least the party involved was entirely happy with the way the matter was dealt with and was satisfied with the outcome. And they hadn't 'done anything wrong' other than be on the pitch obviously.
:wink:
The way it was explained to me sounded like Hibs had taken a very sensible approach.
I’m sure others will disagree and criticise Hibs – but that’s life.

SlickShoes
11-08-2016, 02:26 PM
Maybe the chats were confidential? Maybe they were all a bit different – who can say?
I know that in one case at least the party involved was entirely happy with the way the matter was dealt with and was satisfied with the outcome. And they hadn't 'done anything wrong' other than be on the pitch obviously.
:wink:
The way it was explained to me sounded like Hibs had taken a very sensible approach.
I’m sure others will disagree and criticise Hibs – but that’s life.

Aye all sounds fine, the kind of thing that maybe should have happened in 2007 when folk kept invading the pitch when the trophy came back to Easter Road and they had to end up cancelling the whole thing and send us all home. That was more disappointing than what happened at hampden.

Andy74
11-08-2016, 02:30 PM
No. It showed the independant commission and the SFA that we were taking this seriously and willing to work with them to stop it happening again. Could potentially save us alot when it comes to the fines etc.

Whether we like it or not, we caused this by storming on the pitch, we knew it was wrong but didnt care, and rightly so, I have no regrets but can understand the repercussions of what happened.

The whole letter/meeting thing was all about showing face. Thats it.

Yet the report showed that there weren't in any way interested in condemning the regular fans on the pitch so we didn't need to go to this extent after the general messages which had already gone out.

The report focused on the fans who went further than this and that is what Hibs and others should have been interested in.

JDHibs
11-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Yet the report showed that there weren't in any way interested in condemning the regular fans on the pitch so we didn't need to go to this extent after the general messages which had already gone out.

The report focused on the fans who went further than this and that is what Hibs and others should have been interested in.

Thats all Hibs ARE interested in. BUT, the police forwarded on names and details of fans who were found using social media etc and it was the police who expected Hibs to do something.

I spoke to Robbie McGregor about it at the time when it all kicked up and posted on several pages about it, Hibs did not want to put the letters out, doesnt really matter if you believe it or not.

Its done now, as far as im aware the meetings have all taken place, just as usual the bed wetters, panic merchants and people who just want to slate the club made this a bigger deal than it needed to be. WE the fans were in the wrong, yet some dont want to accept responsibility? We arent children for god sake.

Dashing Bob S
11-08-2016, 03:01 PM
Basically the club said that the next time we win a trophy after 114 years we should try and be a little more restrained.

CapitalGreen
11-08-2016, 03:29 PM
Thats all Hibs ARE interested in. BUT, the police forwarded on names and details of fans who were found using social media etc and it was the police who expected Hibs to do something.

Interesting that the Police then denied being involved when asked by STV.

JDHibs
11-08-2016, 03:32 PM

Just going by what Robbie told me mate.

Andy74
11-08-2016, 03:51 PM

I spoke to Robbie McGregor about it at the time when it all kicked up and posted on several pages about it, Hibs did not want to put the letters out, doesnt really matter if you believe it or not.

Its done now, as far as im aware the meetings have all taken place, just as usual the bed wetters, panic merchants and people who just want to slate the club made this a bigger deal than it needed to be. WE the fans were in the wrong, yet some dont want to accept responsibility? We arent children for god sake.

The police can't compel Hibs to do anything so don't buy that.

JDHibs
11-08-2016, 03:53 PM
The police can't compel Hibs to do anything so don't buy that.
Read what i said again, i said the police would expect Hibs to do something.

Once again, whether you buy it or not is irrelevant...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Andy74
11-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Read what i said again, i said the police would expect Hibs to do something.

Once again, whether you buy it or not is irrelevant...

It is relevant actually. I'm talking about my reaction and other fans reactions to what Hibs have chosen to do so my thoughts on my reactions are very relevant indeed.

In what way can the police expect Hibs to do anything? It's a nonsense.

JDHibs
11-08-2016, 04:33 PM
It is relevant actually. I'm talking about my reaction and other fans reactions to what Hibs have chosen to do so my thoughts on my reactions are very relevant indeed.

Im out. Tried to explain and not getting through. Not wasting anymore of my time on it.

Believe what you want. Not going to effect me.

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2016, 04:37 PM

Just going by what Robbie told me mate.

Someone is telling porkies?

Broken Gnome
11-08-2016, 04:46 PM
So if the letters were possibly an overreaction and in danger of upsetting people, yet it's just a mild heads up that it can't happen again - hell, people even got to talk about the final with Hibs, fine by me - then is there really still a problem?

Hibs are the only ones who knew whether there was a need for it or not.

greenlex
11-08-2016, 04:48 PM

I doubt very much Hibs themselves went out their way to identify fans on the park by any means at their disposal. They have been given the names by a third party. In fact was this not stated in the letters? Hibs felt the need to be seen to be doing something to address the situation and affect outcomes.
My thinking is that the SFA have told both clubs to be seen to be doing something about it and in the process help get the SFA an easier ride when blame is apportioned and any punishment dished out.

Jack
11-08-2016, 04:55 PM

The police said they weren't involved with the letters which means they could have been involved in anything and everything regarding this affair upto the letters.

That could include gathering the 'evidence' and recommending a course of action.

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2016, 04:59 PM
I doubt very much Hibs themselves went out their way to identify fans on the park by any means at their disposal. They have been given the names by a third party. In fact was this not stated in the letters? Hibs felt the need to be seen to be doing something to address the situation and affect outcomes.
My thinking is that the SFA have told both clubs to be seen to be doing something about it and in the process help get the SFA an easier ride when blame is apportioned and any punishment dished out.

The police said they weren't involved with the letters which means they could have been involved in anything and everything regarding this affair upto the letters.

That could include gathering the 'evidence' and recommending a course of action.

As i said, someone is lying.

O'Rourke3
11-08-2016, 05:56 PM
As i said, someone is lying.

I think lying may be overstating the position. You can't be accused of lying if you haven't been asked the correct question but did answer the one you were asked truthfully.

BSEJVT
11-08-2016, 07:11 PM

As was explained at the time by some on this board, the police denied being behind the sending of the letters.

They didn't deny providing the info, that was clearly the route the club were advised by their advisers they should take.

The police are as used to spinning their message as anyone

Folk who accused the club of all sorts including trawling social media in some Orwellian nightmare should hang their heads in shame

SunshineOnLeith
11-08-2016, 10:46 PM
I might be way behind the curve here but I've just seen a pic of a very obvious forged letter purporting to be from Leanne on social media, is that what this thread is about?

Because if so, I've got an email from a Nigerian prince who wants to give me millions of dollars, anybody got any advice on how I should spend it?

Edit: The fake goes on about lifetime bans so I'm guessing not, whoops.

Forza Fred
11-08-2016, 11:56 PM
I might be way behind the curve here but I've just seen a pic of a very obvious forged letter purporting to be from Leanne on social media, is that what this thread is about?

Because if so, I've got an email from a Nigerian prince who wants to give me millions of dollars, anybody got any advice on how I should spend it?

Edit: The fake goes on about lifetime bans so I'm guessing not, whoops.

You are a wee bit off the pace here Sunshine, but for all the hullabaloo that the letters caused I've yet to read from one person any confirmation that they actually attended a meeting theirselves.

Makes me wonder if it was a wind up after all....

grunt
12-08-2016, 08:50 AM
Here's an interesting letter to a season ticket holder from another football club

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CppKshZUsAABqSr.jpg

linlithgowhibbie
12-08-2016, 09:23 AM
t first glance that does appear a wee bit harsh.

Geo_1875
12-08-2016, 11:14 AM

Police Scotland could make it very awkward for Hibs if they refused to chastise fans who broke the law by entering the field of play at Hampden. For instance we could find ourselves having to pay increased policing/stewarding costs at matches if they decided we were an increased risk.

It is not a nonsense.

tamig
12-08-2016, 11:29 AM
If the "chats" have got the message home to folk that under no circumstances should they go on the pitch again then the job has been done. It's not a nonsensical exercise in any way.