PDA

View Full Version : What might have been

Galileo47
10-08-2016, 09:21 PM
The Rangers at Ibrox in the quarter final!

HibeeLR
10-08-2016, 09:23 PM
We'll just have to knock them out the Scottish cup then 😃

#FromTheCapital
10-08-2016, 09:29 PM
Ah well...Would've loved a hibs pitch invasion on their home turf after an injury time winner.

Mango Man
10-08-2016, 09:38 PM
To be honest, I'm quite happy not to face that lot again for a while, let them wallow in the misery for a while, don't let them get any sort of revenge result against us, not that there could be anything they could do to take away that day from us.

:flag:

ShinyFantastic
10-08-2016, 09:38 PM
I'm actually gutted

CallumLaidlaw
10-08-2016, 09:56 PM
As pointed out elsewhere, if we'd qualified, our number would have been different in the draw

Dunbar Hibee
10-08-2016, 09:57 PM
I can't wait to play the ****s again

smithy_hibees
10-08-2016, 10:07 PM
Glad we don't have that destractsion... All the papers would've went on and on about it until the match,

All about Dunfermline on Saturday

jacomo
10-08-2016, 10:17 PM
Ah well...Would've loved a hibs pitch invasion on their home turf after an injury time winner.

With a bust up between Lennon and Warburton for good measure.

We'd be accused of bombing Ibrox because Jim Traynor would literally explode.

The entire Hibs support (even the ones not there) would be locked up.

:wink:

Eyrie
10-08-2016, 10:18 PM
And our glorious media would say absolutely nothing about the sustained abuse and targeting of the Hibs support that happens on every trip to that cesspit.

SlickShoes
11-08-2016, 12:19 AM
Happy to be nowhere near Ibrox, won't go once we are promoted either, complete cess pit.

ACLeith
11-08-2016, 05:27 AM
As pointed out elsewhere, if we'd qualified, our number would have been different in the draw

And here was me thinking that the weight and/or temperature of the balls might have been made different to what they were. Please stop bringing logic into this! 😁

Yorkshire HFC
11-08-2016, 06:15 AM
The Rangers at Ibrox in the quarter final!

Very sad - I've followed Hibs for 45 years and standards have never been so low. Sure, we've not been great for large part of my supporting life, but we've always been one of the top teams in the country, even in the lean, lean years - we aren't any more. We regularly get beaten by teams that were not even on the radar in previous times, and it's not even a shock.

All this talk about wake up calls etc. - how many do we need? Is 3 years in the second division not reality enough?

Getting Lennon as manager is a great sign and I'm hopeful that he'll get us promotion - we need to be in the SPL.

Onwards and hopefully upwards.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-08-2016, 07:04 AM
Whether it was to play The Rangers or not we should have been in the next round. Reality is that we are not. But the players will learn from mistakes.

Septimus
11-08-2016, 05:16 PM
The Rangers must be thanking their lucky stars.

Pete
11-08-2016, 05:24 PM
Very sad - I've followed Hibs for 45 years and standards have never been so low. Sure, we've not been great for large part of my supporting life, but we've always been one of the top teams in the country, even in the lean, lean years - we aren't any more. We regularly get beaten by teams that were not even on the radar in previous times, and it's not even a shock.

All this talk about wake up calls etc. - how many do we need? Is 3 years in the second division not reality enough?

Getting Lennon as manager is a great sign and I'm hopeful that he'll get us promotion - we need to be in the SPL.

Bloody hell mate step away from the edge. How many trophies have we won in this 45 years...and what was the most recent success?

The club is on the up and people haven't felt this good/connected to hibs in years and I don't think a single shock cup defeat is going to dampen the spirits.

Nameless
11-08-2016, 06:32 PM
Would the Huns have had to give us the whole of the Broomloan stand? 8000 mental hibees at a night game in the weege, too right they are glad we are out.

Itsnoteasy
11-08-2016, 06:51 PM
Warburtons a 3anny

Itsnoteasy
11-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Would the Huns have had to give us the whole of the Broomloan stand? 8000 mental hibees at a night game in the weege, too right they are glad we are out.

We couldnae get 8000 v QOTS

Nameless
11-08-2016, 06:59 PM
We couldnae get 8000 v QOTS
8000 is optimistic, but I'd be confident we'd take 4-5000 to a quarter final at ibrox.

Rangers visitor
11-08-2016, 07:04 PM
Hibs at Ibrox would be a much better game but that's life !

Itsnoteasy
11-08-2016, 07:06 PM

Your right that's life 3-2 GIRFUY

Itsnoteasy
11-08-2016, 07:07 PM
:gwa:

southsider
11-08-2016, 08:00 PM

Get a grip mate. We have just won The Scottish Cup. Could not do that in the big league.

O'Rourke3
11-08-2016, 08:35 PM

If you have followed Hibs that long you will remember cup losses to teams like Clydebank, East Fife, Stirling Albion, Morton, Ross County. We lost a final to Clyde. Cup fitba.... s *t happens.