PDA

View Full Version : The EPL is boring/ over-rated/ who cares? thread

Glory Lurker
10-08-2016, 08:23 PM
As .net is an equal opportunities forum, it seems only right that, not allowed to post on the "who will win?" thread, those of us who couldn't give a monkeys for the bloated bore-fest of the EPL have our own thread to moan about how garbage the whole thing is.

So, how little do you care about the EPL? Why do you dislike it? No contrary replies, now!

I'll start with - I couldn't care less about it.

:greengrin

theonlywayisup
10-08-2016, 08:26 PM
Thumbs up!!

Glory Lurker
10-08-2016, 08:27 PM
Thumbs up!!

Hoi! You! Beat it! :greengrin

HibeeLR
10-08-2016, 08:28 PM
I posted on the other but really don't give a crap about it. Younger me claimed to 'support' united but now, I realise how stupid that is, the only team for me is Hibs. The money flowing down there is obviously a huge reason why our game is in the state it is and I'd rather not follow a league that affects us badly. Scottish football all the way 👌

berwickhibee
10-08-2016, 08:32 PM
The league breeds multi millionaire average joes:rolleyes: went to Sunderland v Liverpool last season,game was awful,no atmosphere,yet 40,000 happy to pay for it. Overrated pish:greengrin

Feed McGraw
10-08-2016, 08:34 PM
As .net is an equal opportunities forum, it seems only right that, not allowed to post on the "who will win?" thread, those of us who couldn't give a monkeys for the bloated bore-fest of the EPL have our own thread to moan about how garbage the whole thing is.

So, how little do you care about the EPL? Why do you dislike it? No contrary replies, now!

:greengrin I care not a jot about it. It looks like some kind of virtual reality game, it just doesn`t look real any more. Leicester was a great story but it doesn`t interest me.

Pretty Boy
10-08-2016, 08:43 PM
Really not bothered about it. I follow Newcastle and try to get down to 3 or 4 games a season, Hibs games permitting, but outwith that English football doesn't really interest me. Tbh outwith Hibs Scottish football doesn't interest me all that much either.

I watch MOTD as a habit but rarely watch live English games and getting rid of Sky Sports was a great decision.

lyonhibs
10-08-2016, 08:44 PM
I'll watch it my English mates if they're watching it and keep track of it via MoTD but it doesn't interest me like it used to.

Hibs and Scotland then after that it's a sea of "meh" for me.

bingo70
10-08-2016, 08:45 PM
I find myself more interested in going to a junior game than on a trip to somewhere like old Trafford, it's just fantasy football for the mega rich now.

£40 odd million for John Stones? £16m I think for some Liverpool youngster to Bournemouth? Nah, games a bogie, someone needs to hit the reset button.

Craig_in_Prague
10-08-2016, 08:49 PM
I enjoy it a bit more now that I watch games on NBC or such, Sky is mince. Expensive mince at that.
The money is ludicrous and you have to wonder if it'll all implode one day.

.Sean.
10-08-2016, 08:49 PM
It's namby-pamby soft pish for day-trippers, ponces, glory hunters, folk with too much money and foreign tourists. Can't relate to it and I've genuinely no sat in the house and watched a game in years. I'll maybe chuck a bet on a game for interest if it's on in the boozer and I'm out but other than that it can away and ram itself.

I'd genuinely rather watch a lower league game on Alba over the EPL and have done in the past.

ionahibby
10-08-2016, 08:51 PM
Can't say I'm that interested in the English league though i do keep an eye on the championship as have family from Wigan so have a soft for them.

jgl07
10-08-2016, 08:53 PM
If it is of so little interest, why start a thread about it.

Attention seeking?

ruthven_raiders
10-08-2016, 08:55 PM
Really not bothered about it. I follow Newcastle and try to get down to 3 or 4 games a season, Hibs games permitting, but outwith that English football doesn't really interest me. Tbh outwith Hibs Scottish football doesn't interest me all that much either.

I watch MOTD as a habit but rarely watch live English games and getting rid of Sky Sports was a great decision.

I've not got rid of sky sports yet because of the tennis lol

Pretty Boy
10-08-2016, 08:55 PM
I've not got rid of sky sports yet because of the tennis lol
I still watch Sky Sports, I just don't pay for it. It's less tempting to just sit with it on all day now though.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Smartie
10-08-2016, 08:56 PM
I quite like it.

The hype draws you in and it is worth the odd casual glance but it is nowhere as good as it thinks it is.

Leicester winning was the best thing that could have happened to it because so much football is predictable these days and at this point I'd say any one from about 7 teams look like they could win the EPL.

The Champions League - now there is an over-rated snorefest.

seanshow
10-08-2016, 09:02 PM
I,ll join the OP's club, I'm old skool only really watch Hibs and Scottish club football in general, I really enjoyed the euros though.

jacomo
10-08-2016, 09:15 PM
I quite like it.

The hype draws you in and it is worth the odd casual glance but it is nowhere as good as it thinks it is.

Leicester winning was the best thing that could have happened to it because so much football is predictable these days and at this point I'd say any one from about 7 teams look like they could win the EPL.

The Champions League - now there is an over-rated snorefest.

Bring back the European Cup. Just champions, straight knock out.

UEFA used to run 3 cup competitions, but the CL killed the Cup Winners Cup and led to decline of UEFA Cup - which was once a prestigious competition.

keep the faith
10-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Yes! Overpaid mercenaries in an overhyped league.

Support Scottish football friends!

Finn2015
10-08-2016, 09:36 PM
Find it scary just how much money is being thrown around down south in the EPL. It won't take long before the pogba fee is eclipsed and we see a £100 million player

Carheenlea
10-08-2016, 09:57 PM
Have no interest and couldn't tell you the last time I watched a game. Probably when I went to see Newcastle v QOR three/four years back, so TV viewing of an English league game will stretch back further.
I'm in Ireland at present, and despite their own season being half way through, many are salivating with excitement about the imminent start of the new English season. Never really understood their obsession with it.

Lago
10-08-2016, 09:57 PM
Probably in the minority here,, but I due enjoy MoTD, rarely watch full games, quite like watching my son in law's junior club Lochgelly Albert, fair amount of skill in the junior game at times.

CorrieHibs
10-08-2016, 10:01 PM
Swansea spending loads of cash. Seen wolves are spending £20 million on a player from Benfica!

I'm still a fan of English football and follow Liverpool, however I am losing interest gradually.

I got rid of sky sports and BT. I haven't even entered a team for the Barclays fantasy league.

Greencore
10-08-2016, 10:18 PM
Wouldn't say I am an Everton 'fan' but I watch out for their results and and like for them to do well. English footballmeans very little to me.

Steve-O
11-08-2016, 04:47 AM
It's just become available on Sky again here after 2-3 years of being online only and I genuinely can't decide whether to bother. Only about 6 quid a month extra. Time difference is the main issue but compared to how closely I followed EPL 20 odd years ago, I've really lost interest.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-08-2016, 05:12 AM
I live in Kent now any the tunnel vision of the epl fan is astounding

"What do you support?"
"Hibs"
"No, what English team?"
"I don't"
"Why not?"

I've had that conversation countless times

LancsHibs
11-08-2016, 05:28 AM
Don't watch it, cancelled my subscriptions to Sky & BT sports for this coming season as there will little to no Hibs coverage

Tricla
11-08-2016, 05:59 AM
Love this thread.

I despise the EPL. I work in an office and nowadays guys don't talk about Scottish football anymore. They rant on about the EPL team they support. It used to be that the EPL team was the 'English team they had a soft spot for'. But now ts their main team as 'Scottish football is pish/dead/skint'. They 'still watch out' for their Scottish teams results and will attend hampden no doubt if they reach a semi. Really gets my goat.

Scottish fitba all way for me.

Oh, the champions league can ram it tae.

easty
11-08-2016, 06:28 AM
I like watching the EPL and the Champions League. I just love football, and a lot of the footballers in those competitions are the best in the world.

There's definitely too much money kicking about there though.

lucky
11-08-2016, 06:46 AM
I watch it but not as much as I used too. But I don't watch many SPLF games on TV. I like going to watch Hibs but have very little interest in other SPLF teams.

mjhibby
11-08-2016, 06:50 AM
I still enjoy motd but do admit that a lot of it is over hyped. Went to the Everton Southampton game last season and although the saints looks a tidy side you wouldn't know there was players costing squillions on the pitch. Scottish football is as at a low that will take a long time to get back up from as the European results continually show but i love our team and thats what matters to me. Having said that had I not had the affection I do for hibs I'm not sure how interested I'd be In Scottish football especially with the bigot bros bias in all the media and the general anti hibs feeling. That really puts loads off Scottish football.

Nameless
11-08-2016, 07:01 AM
I used to keep sky sports for the boxing, but now that all the best fights are on box office, I've ran out of reasons to keep it. The only English football I ever pay attention to is league one and league two, as they are the last vestiges of real football down south. I genuinely find the English Premiership boring, especially the pantomime heroes and villains, it's all so contrived.

Finn2015
11-08-2016, 07:32 AM
Love this thread.

I despise the EPL. I work in an office and nowadays guys don't talk about Scottish football anymore. They rant on about the EPL team they support. It used to be that the EPL team was the 'English team they had a soft spot for'. But now ts their main team as 'Scottish football is pish/dead/skint'. They 'still watch out' for their Scottish teams results and will attend hampden no doubt if they reach a semi. Really gets my goat.

Scottish fitba all way for me.

Oh, the champions league can ram it tae.

Find it really sad there are Scotsmen who have forsaken the game up here and support English clubs. Pathetic

HibbyScott
11-08-2016, 07:49 AM
I've been to a few Norwich games, including a couple that would be characterised as big games (vs WBA a few seasons ago when they really needed to win to stay up and the Play Off Semi Final vs Ipswich) and have never once walked away from Carrow Road thinking "what a game" or "what an atmosphere".

The Play Off match against Ipswich was a massive disappointment. Norwich supporting mate spent the whole week talking about how great the atmosphere would be, and it was just flat - certainly nothing compared to a derby match at ER!

Keep an eye on it via MoTD, but the days of me sitting down and watching games on a Sunday etc are probably gone!

AndyM_1875
11-08-2016, 07:56 AM
I used to take an interest in Spurs having watched them quite a bit when I worked down south but I really cant be bothered these days. Supporting Hibs takes up all my football emotions and interests. If I was working down south again I'd follow football at a lower level. To watch a Premiership game is going to cost between £50 and £60 for a basic ticket so to hell with that.

Last time I was in London I saw more passion and interest from Barnet and Millwall fans than I saw sitting at the Emirates or Stamford Bridge. And if I was working in Manchester, I'd watch FC United without doubt.

Phil MaGlass
11-08-2016, 08:50 AM
Stopped watching the Engurlish league a few years ago, boring, but there is one thing good about it, because they are spending so much on foreign players, their nashnul team is suffering. :thumbsup:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
11-08-2016, 09:02 AM
Find it really sad there are Scotsmen who have forsaken the game up here and support English clubs. Pathetic

I see where you are coming from, but ultimately scottish football is a business (copyright all the highheidyins) and they constantly make rubbish decisions that make it a rubbish product.

Meanwhile we ahare a country and a media with one of the worlds best, most glamarous, and best marketed leagues.

As long as scottish football revolvea around two clubs and four fixtures a season, it will continue to be rubbish.

Added to that the basic levels of skill are poor, and if it wasnt fpr hibs, i wouldnt really watch scottish fitba.

In fact, i dont really watch any scottish fitba apart from hibs.

We reap what we sow im afraid.

And to clarify, i dont watch a lot of english fitba, no sky or bt etc but i do watch MOTD and listen to talk sport. Simply put, its more exciting and theres more talking points.

WeeRussell
11-08-2016, 11:35 AM
I enjoy the fact that so many rant and rave about the 'Premier League' when its teams are continually outclassed whenever European's big boys come out to play.

The most annoying EPL uber fans are those that are Scottish, never attend any football matches but just dismiss Scottish Football as S**te. The majority of their opinions are based on what SKY and their like-minded friends tell them to think.

Pathetic is right.

mjhibby
11-08-2016, 11:45 AM
Stopped watching the Engurlish league a few years ago, boring, but there is one thing good about it, because they are spending so much on foreign players, their nashnul team is suffering. :thumbsup:

They don't seem to get that. They were truly awful in the euro s. Still as long as man u,chelski and arsenal are making millions from TV and merchandise then everything is ok. The players earning millions a year for poor teams must be thinking it's Xmas every day for them.

norhfc
11-08-2016, 11:46 AM
Agreed, I live in Norway and they amount of uber fans of the top 4 still amazes me. I laugh when I ask them how many times have you seen, say Liverpool. They are all quick to shout it out, if it's over around 10 times they are real uber fans with all the gear. Makes me slightly angry when they ask me and I say Hibs and I have no idea how many times I,v been to Easter Road, they will dismiss it anyway and ask which English team I support, very few will take an interest but the ones who do are for me worth chatting to.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-08-2016, 11:59 AM
The EPL has very little to do with England, other than that is where it is played.

What annoys me is the consistent pointless comparisons drawn between the SPL and the EPL.

When I eventually get to work in my old banger, I don't get wound up because Lewis Hamilton would get there quicker.

Lancs Harp
11-08-2016, 12:09 PM
Well I like the EPL but then again its safe to say I'm football mad. I cant walk past a park without stopping to watch pub teams playing each other or kids having a kick about.

Some games are good, some are bad, that's football.

theonlywayisup
11-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Agreed, I live in Norway and they amount of uber fans of the top 4 still amazes me. I laugh when I ask them how many times have you seen, say Liverpool. They are all quick to shout it out, if it's over around 10 times they are real uber fans with all the gear. Makes me slightly angry when they ask me and I say Hibs and I have no idea how many times I,v been to Easter Road, they will dismiss it anyway and ask which English team I support, very few will take an interest but the ones who do are for me worth chatting to.

Liverpool - I thought you said top 4............:offski:

Bristolhibby
11-08-2016, 12:24 PM
I like the EPL, my lads enjoy watching any football on TV.

Living down here I try to get to a few games a season. Went to Southampton last season.

Looking to go to West Brom, Watford and Tottenham at some point. Swansea may be on the cards, but they do tend to be a bit pricy.

J

Geo_1875
11-08-2016, 12:39 PM
I have to laugh at the SKY subscribers who complain about the amount of money sloshing around English football compared to Scotland. You are the very people who are providing the funding.

norhfc
11-08-2016, 01:05 PM
Liverpool - I thought you said top 4............:offski:
Aye too true but the top four doesn't necessarily mean the top four in the league, more like the top four brand.

Rugy07
11-08-2016, 01:05 PM
I'm getting really fed up receiving an invitation to enter a fantasy football team every day only to find it's always an English one. Even on this site there was a link to fantasy football that was for the EPL! Is Scottish football really that bad? English football has been getting worse for years and Leicester and Portugal's recent wins will only make it more defensive, negative and dull (IMO of course!)

easty
11-08-2016, 01:16 PM
I'm getting really fed up receiving an invitation to enter a fantasy football team every day only to find it's always an English one. Even on this site there was a link to fantasy football that was for the EPL! Is Scottish football really that bad? English football has been getting worse for years and Leicester and Portugal's recent wins will only make it more defensive, negative and dull (IMO of course!)

Leicester were not dull.

Rugy07
11-08-2016, 01:18 PM
Leicester were not dull.

Matter of opinions, but for me football should be about setting out to win games, dominating possession and creating chances. Leicester preferred to sit back and hit people on the counter.

easty
11-08-2016, 01:20 PM
Matter of opinions, but for me football should be about setting out to win games, dominating possession and creating chances. Leicester preferred to sit back and hit people on the counter.

They also had Riyad Mahrez in their starting 11, arguably the most exciting player in England last season. They were far more entertaining to watch than the likes of Arsenal, with their "look how much of the ball we have and do nothing with" football.

NAE NOOKIE
11-08-2016, 01:20 PM
I cant say I don't watch it, I'll watch any game on the telly ... even stayed up until X o'clock last year to watch every game in the women's world cup :greengrin and I'll pop along to watch Everton when I'm in Liverpool.

But what I cant be doing with is EPL fanboys, Scottish folk who say they support EPL teams and tell you Scottish fitba is rubbish .... The money floating about down south is mental and not just in the Premier League... Peterborough, a club that can only dream about a crowd like what will be at Hibs v Dunfermline on Saturday being able to offer over a million quid for a player and Wolves spending 20 million, on the back of a new wealthy owner AFAIK, but still insane money.

Mostly though it is overhyped dross, where the managers are bigger personalities than the players and the hype for me doesn't live up to the live experience, at least not at the games I've been to ... I was at Everon v Watford last season, it finished 2 - 2 but in all honesty I've seen more entertaining 0 - 0 draws at ER.

The EPL is 'fantasy' fitba ..... It bares little or no relation to the experience of football fans in most European countries and for me inflicts terrible damage on leagues like ours and those in countries of similar size because its hyped all over the world and gives kids the impression that their experience of domestic football should live up to what they see on the telly and when it doesn't they lose interest in their local clubs.

I live for the day the TV goes 'ken what, we are paying far too much for this product' and the Arabs, oligarchs and dodgy Asian billionaires find a new toy to play with ..... Not because I wish English football any ill will in general, but because I think they way it has gone in the last 20 years has done Scottish football no favours whatsoever ..... I'm not suggesting for a second that its the biggest problem for Scottish football, but it's one of them, sure as hell isn't part of the solution and is never going to be.

green&left
11-08-2016, 01:24 PM
I used to take an interest in Spurs having watched them quite a bit when I worked down south but I really cant be bothered these days. Supporting Hibs takes up all my football emotions and interests. If I was working down south again I'd follow football at a lower level. To watch a Premiership game is going to cost between £50 and £60 for a basic ticket so to hell with that.

Last time I was in London I saw more passion and interest from Barnet and Millwall fans than I saw sitting at the Emirates or Stamford Bridge. And if I was working in Manchester, I'd watch FC United without doubt.

I'm down in Manchester in December, same day as City v Arsenal Cheapest adult ticket is £58. FC United is £9 - know which one i'll be going to :aok:

Michael
11-08-2016, 01:34 PM
I'm down in Manchester in December, same day as City v Arsenal Cheapest adult ticket is £58. FC United is £9 - know which one i'll be going to :aok:

Hope Pogba and Ozil give you a good show.

Killiehibbie
11-08-2016, 03:09 PM
I'll watch the odd game and a bit more of the highlights, if i'm not doing anything else. What i'd really like to see is the obscene amount of money disappearing along with BT and Sky going bankrupt.

RoxburghHibs
11-08-2016, 03:17 PM
Foreign football.

I prefer the Spanish league in truth :greengrin

lyonhibs
11-08-2016, 03:19 PM
Hope Pogba and Ozil give you a good show.

I think you're getting your Manchester teams mixed up.....

hhibs
11-08-2016, 04:05 PM

:greengrin

All the above.

basehibby
11-08-2016, 07:25 PM
If it is of so little interest, why start a thread about it.

Attention seeking?

Because we are compelled by law to contribute to this bloated cash guzzling obscenity that is the EPL via the TV license? All TV License holders pay 100 (ONE HUNDRED!!!) times as much to the EPL as we do to the entirety of Scottish Football which collectively receives less money than Gary Linekar from the allegedly British Broadcasting Corporation.

We have every right to moan all day and all night about this as well as the marginalising of our game by Sky and other Broadcasters.

By the way - in case you didn't guess, I could not give a tuppenny rubber duck about the whole shooting match down there - even less so with each overpaid primadona recruited to it. Would be delighted if the whole thing went bust but unfortunately I don't see that happening any time soon.

basehibby
11-08-2016, 07:31 PM

:agree: I observe Scottish punters cheering wildly in the pub when some English side scores - plastic ham-shankers to a man - zero moral fibre :na na:

Lancs Harp
11-08-2016, 07:37 PM
:agree: I observe Scottish punters cheering wildly in the pub when some English side scores - plastic ham-shankers to a man - zero moral fibre :na na:

I'm English and support a Scottish club. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
11-08-2016, 07:39 PM

It's sad that a lot of pubs up here show English football over Scottish because there's more demand for it.

When I was younger everyone supported their team (Scottish) amd I mean supported as in went to games, bought strips, pretended to be their players etc and had an English team they kept an eye out for. Scottish guys who 'support' an English team by watching them in the boozer and Sky Sports are the same type of guys who buy half and half scarves and turn up to play fives in a full Man City kit ( was Man Utd 15 years ago and Chelsea 5). A good description for them would be a word that rhymes with mellend.

superfurryhibby
11-08-2016, 07:42 PM
Glad to hear that I'm not the only person who watches MOtD. That's as far as my interest goes. For me football has been diminished by the changes of these past few decades. The degradation of European competition, over exposure to live football, the globalised commercialisation and the namby pampy nature of the modern player just doesn't do it for me.

Malthibby
11-08-2016, 07:50 PM
It's sad that a lot of pubs up here show English football over Scottish because there's more demand for it.

When I was younger everyone supported their team (Scottish) amd I mean supported as in went to games, bought strips, pretended to be their players etc and had an English team they kept an eye out for. Scottish guys who 'support' an English team by watching them in the boozer and Sky Sports are the same type of guys who buy half and half scarves and turn up to play fives in a full Man City kit ( was Man Utd 15 years ago and Chelsea 5). A good description for them would be a word that rhymes with mellend.

:agree:. Zero interest in English footie, the money's obscene & it's destroying football here & elsewhere. When I were a lad we could compete with the biggest English teams, SKY's money means that's just no longer possible. Does ma heid in when
folk try to talk to me about these teams, & yet 30 years back I was happy to keep an eye out for Newcastle. Fekem.
GG

Michael
12-08-2016, 01:55 PM
I think you're getting your Manchester teams mixed up.....

Urgh! The FC United bit threw me off!

NAE NOOKIE
12-08-2016, 03:10 PM
I'm English and support a Scottish club. :greengrin

Aye ... but to be fair it is the best club in the world :greengrin

allezsauzee
12-08-2016, 03:19 PM
I think the EPL reached it's peak in 90s as far as entertainment goes. Players like Le Tissier, Bergkamp, Fowler,Cantona, Di Canio, Klinsman, Gascoigne gracing the game who were a bit cavalier. While they all got paid well enough it wasn't nearly as extreme and there seem to be more to it all than getting paid more than everyone else.

Smartie
12-08-2016, 04:50 PM
I think the EPL reached it's peak in 90s as far as entertainment goes. Players like Le Tissier, Bergkamp, Fowler,Cantona, Di Canio, Klinsman, Gascoigne gracing the game who were a bit cavalier. While they all got paid well enough it wasn't nearly as extreme and there seem to be more to it all than getting paid more than everyone else.

That Newcastle team - the "doesn't matter if you score 3, we'll score 4" were class. Fergie's teams were all great to watch.

Football is a bit more pragmatic these days and I find it increasingly dull. Most high level games are pretty sterile and stale. It's actually in many ways more entertaining to watch a lower level of football, where there are more mistakes to punish and more scope for a maverick of imperfect physical fitness to make an impact. A bunch of highly paid athletes making few mistakes in a game where there is unlikely to ever be more than 2 goals just isn't that exciting, no matter how much they hype it up.

Highlights like MotD are still good and Fantasy Football/ betting liven up watching any game.

But I'm pretty surprised the bubble hasn't burst yet, and I think it is the global appeal and audience that has given it a shot in the arm and stopped it falling flat already.

easty
12-08-2016, 05:10 PM

Money is crazy in football nowadays, but the best players still love doing what they do. I don't believe they'd play any differently if they were paid less.

I'm sure that in another 20 years folk will say that football in the EPL now isn't as good as it was when there was Mahrez, Alli, Hazard, De Bruyne, Yaya Toure, Payet, Ibrahimovic, Coutinho, etc. playing in the EPL.

Highland_Hibee
12-08-2016, 06:39 PM
I can't say I hate it because I routinely take part in Fantasy Football and will watch the games when they are on TV. I like to see Liverpool do well because my brother follows them and I've just generally appreciated a lot of the players they have had over the years. I get where people are coming from though as the money is ridiculous but it is the going rate and it isn't going to change.

Really it is all about the Hibees though if I can't get to a match then I will follow it one way or another. :flag:

Carheenlea
12-08-2016, 06:44 PM
Out walking with my daughter one night we were at the park where there were what seemed like hundreds of kids playing at the local boys club evening. The pleasure of seeing so many kids playing was then tempered somewhat when observing the kits on show - Man City/Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Liverpool and so on. It's maybe the only time I've been pleased to see a Celtic fan as the green and white hoops suddenly came into view. Close study didn't reveal any other Scottish shirts. Depressing.

3pm
12-08-2016, 06:46 PM
I don't mind the Premier League. I do pick and choose my games and definitely don't watch as many games as I used to.

It's good to have the option.

celthedd1
12-08-2016, 08:50 PM
I don't mind the Premier League. I do pick and choose my games and definitely don't watch as many games as I used to.

It's good to have the option.

No interest since Leeds went down 12 years ago, went to Accrington v Bradford and Fleetwood v Leeds this week, enjoyed both occasions with all fans mingling and a bovril for a quid !!..,,,and the programme in fact... far cry from the souless overpriced prem !

bingo70
12-08-2016, 08:56 PM
Money is crazy in football nowadays, but the best players still love doing what they do. I don't believe they'd play any differently if they were paid less.

I'm sure that in another 20 years folk will say that football in the EPL now isn't as good as it was when there was Mahrez, Alli, Hazard, De Bruyne, Yaya Toure, Payet, Ibrahimovic, Coutinho, etc. playing in the EPL.

Nah, sorry can't see it. Without checking the stats the players you mentioned seem to be around for quite a while, the new generation seem to peak for a season or two, move for an obscene amount of money and then fail to recreate that form for the new club. Players like lampard and Gerard will always be remembered fondly but I can't see them being remebered playing in some glory era for the English Premiership.

I've done a fantasy team and I'll watch motd on Sunday mornings when I remember it but I doubt I'll watch too many live games.

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2016, 09:03 PM
I like a Sunday on the sofa watching wall to wall footy, normally i'm hungover and a big breakfast with goals on Sunday then whatever games are on see me layed there being fed grapes watching the game i love all day.

Some of the games are crap, but even a crap game is better than no game.

And the best thing about it is its only £30 a year. :thumbsup: