PDA

View Full Version : Rochdale (re-)sign Logan

Bald Reynard
10-08-2016, 05:48 PM
Rochdale have (re-)signed Big Conrad. The club have given him a 6 month contract. Conrad was at Rochdale a couple of seasons ago when he got his long-term injury. It's good they've given him a chance to properly resurrect his career (he's only 30) - shame Hibs couldn't do the same (even if only Number 2 keeper).

Franck Stanton
10-08-2016, 05:52 PM
Good. Pleased for the big man. Really did well for us when he was here, [esp the S/F v Unt]. Good luck big fella. :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
10-08-2016, 06:25 PM
Good luck to the big fella. I hope he impresses enough to get a longer deal

Swedish hibee
10-08-2016, 06:28 PM
Wish him well. Hope he does brilliant.
Legend forever 👍

Fergos
10-08-2016, 06:32 PM
One of the best stories was Conrads of our Scottish Cup win......a tale that many will think is made up I years to come I'm sure.

Legend forever. Best of luck to the big man.

GGTTH

DH1875
10-08-2016, 06:41 PM
Happy for the big guy. Glad he's found a club :agree:

Mr White
10-08-2016, 07:17 PM
All the best big man :thumbsup:

Callyballybe
10-08-2016, 07:22 PM
All the best to him. Will never be forgotten up here.

The Harp
10-08-2016, 07:23 PM
Congratulations big man. Hope it works out for you.
Come back anytime and see the Cup you helped us win.

hibeemikey21
10-08-2016, 07:26 PM
One of the best stories was Conrads of our Scottish Cup win......a tale that many will think is made up I years to come I'm sure.

Legend forever. Best of luck to the big man.

GGTTH

Haha - very true. I'm sure in 2116, he'll be said to have weighed 30 stone

Pretty Boy
10-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Conrad gave us one of those games that you always think only happens against you.

Best of luck to the big man, both keepers last season played their part and both are always welcome back at ER imo.

Sammy7nil
10-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Conrad gave us one of those games that you always think only happens against you.

Best of luck to the big man, both keepers last season played their part and both are always welcome back at ER imo.

Three keepers played in the cup run.

Pretty Boy
10-08-2016, 07:35 PM
Three keepers played in the cup run.
Indeed. Not sure how I forgot about Otsos cameo in Inverness. My heart rate has just about regulated now!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hibbyjint
10-08-2016, 07:48 PM

Good luck to the Polar Bear. LEGEND.

Galileo47
10-08-2016, 08:49 PM
When players argue they invariably end up saying 'show us your medals!'. Well, Conrad has deservedly earned a beaut!
Good luck big fella!

Stewboy
10-08-2016, 08:57 PM
Good luck to him 👍👍👍👍

southsider
10-08-2016, 09:05 PM
Good luck to him 👍👍👍👍

Show all ur new teammates Scottish Cup Winners medal. 21/5/16 Forever. Always on my mind.

Sir David Gray
10-08-2016, 09:13 PM
All the best big guy.

Welcome back at Easter Road any time.

Hibs legend.

lucky
10-08-2016, 09:16 PM
Hope he's a roaring success

Galahibby
10-08-2016, 09:37 PM
Good luck big felly. A Hibs legend, and all thanks to a lost contact lens! Conrad's has to be one of best ever stories in football - proper Roy of the Rovers stuff :flag:

Bay Area Hibees
10-08-2016, 10:03 PM

Love what you said there, so true. Watched goals at weekend again and still couldn't believe it was hibs. Both semi and final was bit of a dream. We typically are on the nightmare side!

HibeeLR
10-08-2016, 10:05 PM
Good to see all our players congratulating him on his move on Twitter! Bartley saying something along the lines of "don't go giving away penalties just so you can save them!" 😄😂 Good luck to him!

Bay Area Hibees
10-08-2016, 10:08 PM

Love what you said there, so true. Watched goals at weekend again and still couldn't believe it was hibs. Both semi and final was bit of a dream. We typically are on the nightmare side!

Hezbelle
11-08-2016, 07:17 AM
Bet of luck to him.

He was like a superhero, a real legend.

Finn2015
11-08-2016, 07:28 AM
Wish him well nothing but good memories. Best short stint at hibs ever?

lyonhibs
11-08-2016, 07:45 AM

Easily. He won the SC. Nowt more needs said.

mim
11-08-2016, 07:56 AM
Good luck Conrad. You won't be forgotten in these parts - EVER :flag:

Bayern Bru
11-08-2016, 05:33 PM
Suggestion on Twitter from the man himself that he wasn't offered a new deal at Hibs because he isn't tall enough...

Dashing Bob S
11-08-2016, 05:36 PM
Suggestion on Twitter from the man himself that he wasn't offered a new deal at Hibs because he isn't tall enough...

He should have just lain on his side.

Only joking, Logan is a hero and a very decent keeper. I think we erred there and he'll go on to have a solid career.

green day
11-08-2016, 05:38 PM
Logan was earning a fortune at Leicester. I don't think we were ever in for him except in the short term last season.

hibsdaft
11-08-2016, 05:56 PM
Ultimate cult hero.

Northernhibee
12-08-2016, 10:58 AM
All the best to him. I have doubts he'd be the right man long term but he leaves as a club legend.

portyhibernian
12-08-2016, 11:13 AM
Wish the great man every success, would have liked to see him stay. Legend!

Andy74
12-08-2016, 12:33 PM

Cup yeah, play off games not so much.

southsider
12-08-2016, 12:39 PM
All the best to him. I have doubts he'd be the right man long term but he leaves as a club legend.
In future years he can tell his grandkids about the day he won The Scottish Cup. All the best big man.

sleeping giant
12-08-2016, 12:41 PM
Legend.
Good luck

12-08-2016, 02:54 PM
Would like to think Conrad always has a warm welcome from the support at Easter Road.
He came in at the most difficult of times. A national cup semi final - he didn't know us, we didn't know him or what to expect. He turned in a performance that helped give us all inspiration and belief that 2016 could be the year. Probably the best performance I've ever seen from a goalkeeper making his debut. Big man you were an inspiration.

I hope your injuries are behind you now and you go on to further success. You'll always be remembered for your contribution in that Scottish Cup win.

THANK YOU

WoreTheGreen
12-08-2016, 03:21 PM
Good luck big felly. A Hibs legend, and all thanks to a lost contact lens! Conrad's has to be one of best ever stories in football - proper Roy of the Rovers stuff :flag:

More like Roy of the bakers. Legend good luck big fella

Allant1981
12-08-2016, 05:17 PM
Good luck to him, to be honest he wasnt that much better than oxley if at all better but came in and had a hand in winning us the cup so will always be a legend

The Green Goblin
12-08-2016, 05:24 PM
Cup yeah, play off games not so much.

Blimey. :rolleyes: Well, I know which one he'll be remembered for fifty + years from now.

dp00
12-08-2016, 08:11 PM
Logan was earning a fortune at Leicester. I don't think we were ever in for him except in the short term last season.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160812/0471d8327baed58d61d8a22f085ce960.png would appear he would have happily stayed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bald Reynard
22-08-2016, 08:09 PM
Would like to think Conrad always has a warm welcome from the support at Easter Road.
He came in at the most difficult of times. A national cup semi final - he didn't know us, we didn't know him or what to expect. He turned in a performance that helped give us all inspiration and belief that 2016 could be the year. Probably the best performance I've ever seen from a goalkeeper making his debut. Big man you were an inspiration.

I hope your injuries are behind you now and you go on to further success. You'll always be remembered for your contribution in that Scottish Cup win.

THANK YOU

Conrad was Man of the Match in his first game for Rochdale. They lost 0-1 (a 91st minute winner) to MK Dons on Saturday - BUT THE BIG MAN SAVED A PEN before that - and apparently pulled off a string of wonderful saves. Rochdale have dropped their (previous) Number 1 keeper (Lillis) - and Conrad is tipped to keep his place after that display !

I'm so pleased for him - and it brings home what Hibs have missed ? We could well regret it. Perhaps we'll have to come back in for him in the future (he's only 30) !

Sammy7nil
22-08-2016, 09:52 PM
Conrad was Man of the Match in his first game for Rochdale. They lost 0-1 (a 91st minute winner) to MK Dons on Saturday - BUT THE BIG MAN SAVED A PEN before that - and apparently pulled off a string of wonderful saves. Rochdale have dropped their (previous) Number 1 keeper (Lillis) - and Conrad is tipped to keep his place after that display !

I'm so pleased for him - and it brings home what Hibs have missed ? We could well regret it. Perhaps we'll have to come back in for him in the future (he's only 30) !

I cant believe he is thirty stone twenty maybe:thumbsup::wink:

Scouse Hibee
22-08-2016, 09:57 PM

Nah he's actually not that good,bang average keeper who had a stormer in the cup for us. Better to leave it at that and move on with a better keeper.

ian cruise
22-08-2016, 10:03 PM
Nah he's actually not that good,bang average keeper who had a stormer in the cup for us. Better to leave it at that and move on with a better keeper.

I'm in the same boat, he's a good keeper but due to his cup heroics we have him (quite rightly) on a pedestal, the only place for his reputation to go was down as there was no way he'd match fan expectations. I feel the same about Stubbs, best to go when he did for both parties and forever be removed as the Scottish Cup winner.

500miles
22-08-2016, 10:04 PM

Came back from a potential career ender, six stone overweight, straight into a high pressure game, was a standout, and then won a cup winners medal.

Winners mentality, and entirely competent goalkeeper.

Swedish hibee
22-08-2016, 10:30 PM
Came back from a potential career ender, six stone overweight, straight into a high pressure game, was a standout, and then won a cup winners medal.

👍 Well said.

AZhibee
22-08-2016, 11:26 PM
October 8; Oxley v Logan!!

Jdawg
22-08-2016, 11:32 PM

Absolutely howler against Falkirk, hardly complement. Roy of the Rovers in the semi, that was it.

mjhibby
22-08-2016, 11:53 PM
Just an amazing story you couldn't make up. His story will be retold for years to come. Good luck conrad.

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2016, 12:49 AM
I'm in the same boat, he's a good keeper but due to his cup heroics we have him (quite rightly) on a pedestal, the only place for his reputation to go was down as there was no way he'd match fan expectations. I feel the same about Stubbs, best to go when he did for both parties and forever be removed as the Scottish Cup winner.

No, he's a very good goalkeeper who has had injury problems and now as a result of that had weight issues. When he sheds a few pounds, he will play at a much higher level. He has very quick feet, which is what you always look for in a keeper. This was a bit obscured by his size, but Oxley never was anywhere near as fast moving as Logan.

Allant1981
23-08-2016, 04:42 AM
No, he's a very good goalkeeper who has had injury problems and now as a result of that had weight issues. When he sheds a few pounds, he will play at a much higher level. He has very quick feet, which is what you always look for in a keeper. This was a bit obscured by his size, but Oxley never was anywhere near as fast moving as Logan.

But he wasnt playing at a much higher level before he was injured, will always be a favourite now but in my opinion not that much better if at all better than oxley

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2016, 06:41 AM
But he wasnt playing at a much higher level before he was injured, will always be a favourite now but in my opinion not that much better if at all better than oxley

Yep agree, where was he before his injury? All this talk is romantic notions due to his superb performance for us over a very short period. Reality is he's nothing special and our new keeper is off a far higher standard.I'm glad we will remember Logan for his heroics and leave it at that.

Brightside
23-08-2016, 07:03 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160812/0471d8327baed58d61d8a22f085ce960.png would appear he would have happily stayed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was fantastic in the cup but i'd bet money we'd have had threads slagging him off by now if he'd played for us this season.

JDHibs
23-08-2016, 07:14 AM
Big Logan will always be remembered as a Legend for his cup heroics!

But as with several players now, the cup final has clouded peoples judgement as to how good some players are. He is a average keeper who done well over a short period of time, wasnt the long term answer. Unless he lost alot of weight. If he was fit and 3 stone lighter i believe he would have saved one of the goals in the final. He was shown up in the play off games with Falkirk aswell, still, a better option than Oxley.

Marciano is a better keeper, young Laidlaw has the potential to be better aswell. I like the fact he left on a high!

Forza Fred
23-08-2016, 08:43 AM
Big Logan will always be remembered as a Legend for his cup heroics!

But as with several players now, the cup final has clouded peoples judgement as to how good some players are. He is a average keeper who done well over a short period of time, wasnt the long term answer. Unless he lost alot of weight. If he was fit and 3 stone lighter i believe he would have saved one of the goals in the final. He was shown up in the play off games with Falkirk aswell, still, a better option than Oxley.

Marciano is a better keeper, young Laidlaw has the potential to be better aswell. I like the fact he left on a high!

So you have seen Marciano play?

JDHibs
23-08-2016, 08:58 AM
So you have seen Marciano play?

Yes. Mostly internationals. Most recently the 2 games against Wales in the Euro qualifiers.