PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: BUYING TICKETS - 10 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

RSS Bot
10-08-2016, 04:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6705)

Kojock
10-08-2016, 04:51 PM
This one caught my eye. Have been in queues at the TO where people are purchasing 40-50 tickets.

Group Purchases - For all transactions, either at the ticket office, on the phone or online, the maximum group purchase is ten tickets. Special requests for supporter clubs can be handled direct at the ticket office in advance.

Carheenlea
10-08-2016, 04:59 PM
A lot of posters have stated that they use their smartphones to scan the barcode as opposed to printing out - I wonder why Hibs don't wasn't to encourage this practice? Has to be easier and less time consuming than the pods.

Scouse Hibee
10-08-2016, 05:36 PM
You can no longer collect tickets ordered online at the stadium!

Ozyhibby
10-08-2016, 05:37 PM
Should send the club a '10 things you should know about buying players'. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radium
10-08-2016, 05:41 PM
Should send the club a '10 things you should know about buying players'. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on my expert knowledge the main factors are:

1. How good is their YouTube reel

2. What are they like on football manager

is there anything else you need to know ...

:wink:

Since90+2
10-08-2016, 05:47 PM

Seems strange they have done this but you can collect at the stadium if you book through the call centre. Surely it's easier for most folk to do it online?

hibs0666
10-08-2016, 05:56 PM
I don't see much there that improves the experience for supporters.

hibsdaft
10-08-2016, 06:17 PM
I don't see much there that improves the experience for supporters.

Those changes will save the ticket office thousands of man hours a year, and hundreds of queuing hours for us. Time better spent dealing properly with complex enquiries and problems, and keeping capacity back for big ticket rushes and pressures like the cup finals. Any overtime saved can be passed onto Lennon.

Makes sense to me.

Nakedmanoncrack
10-08-2016, 08:04 PM

Ridiculous - so take your chances with the postal service (and pay for it) not an "improvement of experience" at all, and also removal of cash gates at West.
Should be making it easier for people to gain entry not harder.

greenlad
10-08-2016, 08:26 PM

Its not made clear whether that applies to away tickets too. You can't print those at home or add them to your ST card and I certainly wouldn't trust the vagaries of the mail every 2nd week.

Assuming as the Away season ticket holders can pickup at the office then anyone buying away tickets per match can do the same - although the statement's not well worded.

hibbysam
10-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Its not made clear whether that applies to away tickets too. You can't print those at home or add them to your ST card and I certainly wouldn't trust the vagaries of the mail every 2nd week.

Assuming as the Away season ticket holders can pickup at the office then anyone buying away tickets per match can do the same - although the statement's not well worded.

Collecting away tickets does not result in massive queues on match day. The amount of times last season that the scanners did not take my ticket, and I was forced to stand at the back of a 200 long queue of people collecting tickets to get my problem sorted was ridiculous.

Great move from the club. Print at home could not be easier, and cheaper for the club also.

Hiber-nation
10-08-2016, 08:42 PM

As per usual Hibs just don't make things clear. You'd assume that the message has to refer to home tickets only as you can't print away tickets at home but nowhere is this actually stated.

.Sean.
10-08-2016, 08:43 PM

So the only real option for you if you live out of town for away game tickets is to pay what an extra six quid for recorded delivery, fantastic. Nine times out of ten I'd pick the tickets up the home game before the away match or my mate who lives near the stadium would pick them up.

Not a major problem but still. Tickets are expensive enough without being forced to pay a delivery charge.

Jones28
10-08-2016, 08:49 PM
Ridiculous - so take your chances with the postal service (and pay for it) not an "improvement of experience" at all, and also removal of cash gates at West.

That's because they've put a pod instead of cash gates at the west though?

Nakedmanoncrack
10-08-2016, 08:58 PM
That's because they've put a pod instead of cash gates at the west though?

So queue twice.

Andy74
10-08-2016, 09:01 PM

Doesn't get much easier than buy online then print out or take your phone along.

Jones28
10-08-2016, 09:05 PM
So queue twice.

It works well in the east. And I means they don't have to staff every turnstile to take cash.

Scouse Hibee
10-08-2016, 09:08 PM

Can you buy away tickets online?

Scouse Hibee
10-08-2016, 09:09 PM
Doesn't get much easier than buy online then print out or take your phone along.

Unless you don't have a printer or a smartphone.

Magnus
10-08-2016, 09:11 PM
Seems strange they have done this but you can collect at the stadium if you book through the call centre. Surely it's easier for most folk to do it online?
You would have thought so.
No print at home alternative for student tickets so either complete the process at the ticket office (time consuming for punter and staff) or rely on post or special delivery plus extra fees.
From a personal point of view this is not a step forward

Nakedmanoncrack
10-08-2016, 09:11 PM
Unless you don't have a printer or a smartphone.

:agree:

lyonhibs
10-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Who in God's name doesn't have either a smartphone or access to a printer somewhere these days out of interest??

greenlad
Can you buy away tickets online?

Normally yep, then collect at the ticket office no earlier than 48 hours later - system has been working well the past 3 years.

snedzuk
As per usual Hibs just don't make things clear. You'd assume that the message has to refer to home tickets only as you can't print away tickets at home but nowhere is this actually stated.

It applies to home tickets only you can still order and collect away tickets - at least thats what is on the clubs Facebook page which I looked at when I couldnt find the answer on the official site.

Scouse Hibee
10-08-2016, 09:19 PM
Who in God's name doesn't have either a smartphone or access to a printer somewhere these days out of interest??

Plenty of older folk and my wife :-)

Nakedmanoncrack
10-08-2016, 09:23 PM

Loads of people - and the popularity of uplifting tickets would appear to confirm that a lot of people prefer that option.

Hiber-nation
10-08-2016, 09:37 PM
It applies to home tickets only you can still order and collect away tickets - at least thats what is on the clubs Facebook page which I looked at when I couldnt find the answer on the official site.

Glad they explain it somewhere! Should have been made clear in the first sentence of the article on the official site but that's Hibs for you.

ShinyFantastic
10-08-2016, 09:40 PM
No longer being able to collect tickets at the stadium is absolutely disgraceful.

Scouse Hibee
10-08-2016, 09:50 PM
No longer being able to collect tickets at the stadium is absolutely disgraceful.

If enough people moan about it they will change it.

Carheenlea
10-08-2016, 10:07 PM
I've collected tickets in the past and the queue had never been too big. Most of us on here would struggle to survive without smartphones now, but many fans do survive quite happily without them. I'd say that few people wouldn't have some access to a printer, be that their own, their works, friends/family, library., but collecting from office was the most convenient for a lot of fans.
If fans do feel strongly against this, then I'm sure Frank or Amit would be happy to argue the case on your behalf in the boardroom.

Andy74
10-08-2016, 10:17 PM
I've collected tickets in the past and the queue had never been too big. Most of us on here would struggle to survive without smartphones now, but many fans do survive quite happily without them. I'd say that few people wouldn't have some access to a printer, be that their own, their works, friends/family, library., but collecting from office was the most convenient for a lot of fans.
If fans do feel strongly against this, then I'm sure Frank or Amit would be happy to argue the case on your behalf in the boardroom.

It's a bit like banks closing branches. Times have moved on and the costs of providing outdated services to the few that like to do things the old fashioned way can't be justified.

ben johnson
10-08-2016, 10:18 PM
I've always been rather surprised that the queues for collecting tickets are so big with about 10 minutes before KO. With the stadium getting busier on match day this season I think something had to be done to alter the way people purchase tickets. The options are there to give fans a far less stressful match day experience. I hope it works for all concerned and we are all in the stadium when Hibs come out the tunnel on Saturday.

Scouse Hibee
11-08-2016, 06:50 AM
It's a bit like banks closing branches. Times have moved on and the costs of providing outdated services to the few that like to do things the old fashioned way can't be justified.

Nothing like it at all,banks close branches completely,they don't leave them open and offer reduced services from the same branch. The ticket office facility remains open and so should continue the service that has served people so well.

Andy74
11-08-2016, 07:05 AM
Nothing like it at all,banks close branches completely,they don't leave them open and offer reduced services from the same branch. The ticket office facility remains open and so should continue the service that has served people so well.

Yes they do actually offer different or reduced services in some locations. Point is though that the vast majority of people interact with the club in different ways now and the cost efficiency in dealing with the remainder in the way they have been doing can't be justified.

I can see why they've made the changes and I'm sure most will find a way to fit in with the newer processes.

Onion
11-08-2016, 07:13 AM
Glad they explain it somewhere! Should have been made clear in the first sentence of the article on the official site but that's Hibs for you.

:agree: Some of us are not on Facebook, so have to rely on 3rd party sites (Hibs.net) for the official club position. Too difficult to update the website ?

Scouse Hibee
11-08-2016, 07:14 AM
Yes they do actually offer different or reduced services in some locations. Point is though that the vast majority of people interact with the club in different ways now and the cost efficiency in dealing with the remainder in the way they have been doing can't be justified.

I can see why they've made the changes and I'm sure most will find a way to fit in with the newer processes.

So it's nothing like closing branches then! The ticket office will continue to interact with people by handing over tickets for away games and those ordered over the phone yet not online. So having someone deal with posting them is more efficient than handing them over is it? Often timescales do not allow for postage,we need to explore avenues to increase how we distribute tickets not reduce them. Just like many other initiatives by Hibs ill thought out. Absolutely no need for change.

HH81
11-08-2016, 07:14 AM
No one makes any cash from online sales so closing the option is a cash saving thing?

least they make cost of call from phone.

Scouse Hibee
11-08-2016, 11:55 AM
Surely a far easier option is to give everyone a card that can have access added to it like a ST card can. Postage is not an option for last minute decisions and not everyone can print. Talk about one step forward and one back, alienating fans because they need to collect a ticket is plain daft.

snooky
11-08-2016, 12:03 PM

More people than you think I would imagine.
With all this fantastic new technology we can all stay home and watch the game live on our tellies, PC's or smart phones.
Why go to the bother of going to the match at all?

Bristolhibby
11-08-2016, 12:18 PM
Printed my 8 for Saturday minutes after buying tickets online on Tursday.

Much better IMHO, I wish all clubs did it. (Local rugby team Bath don't). Have done the same for games at Swindon and Southampton.

Waiting for tickets to come in the post should be a thing of the past for home games.

Would like some sort of smart phone iwallet type app. As a walk up fan you could decide in the pub at 14:30 with your mates that you want to go. Open the app (account already there with a payment method), select your seat, then pay with your thumb on Apple Pay. Then the "ticket" automatically is in the app, take it to a hand held scanner and you are in next to your mates.

Airlines do it very successfully, I always buy flights from BA mad Easyjet apps.

Petrie!

J

TamHibs
11-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Sent: 11 August 2016 11:23
To: Thomas
Subject: RE: Collections

Hi Thomas,

It’s for home sales, will get them to make it clearer.

Kind Regards
Hibernian Ticket Office

Sent: 11 August 2016 09:58
To: Tickets <Tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk>
Subject: Collections

Hi,

I've just been reading through the "Buying Tickets - 10 Things You Should Know" on the official site. I'm a bit confused by the collections section:

"Collections - For all online sales, there will no longer be an option to collect at the stadium – tickets should either be added to a season ticket card, printed at home or mailed to your home address."

Does this only apply to Home tickets or also collections for away tickets?

Thanks

Thomas

Andy74
11-08-2016, 12:19 PM
So it's nothing like closing branches then! The ticket office will continue to interact with people by handing over tickets for away games and those ordered over the phone yet not online. So having someone deal with posting them is more efficient than handing them over is it? Often timescales do not allow for postage,we need to explore avenues to increase how we distribute tickets not reduce them. Just like many other initiatives by Hibs ill thought out. Absolutely no need for change.

It's very much like closing branches in that the reasoning is the same - a few people still like to go into branches, some don't have the technology or just like going to see someone, however, the vast majority of people are interacting with the banks in different ways through mobile apps and online. That means that whilst some people still want or need access to a branch it just isn't cost effective to keep that service going for the few.

Linking booking online with an ability or desire to print or have on your phone isn't too much of a stretch. They can also be sent out.

We seem to be talking then about a small number of people who are walk ups, will order on line, will do so late on in the week and will not have access to a printer or a smart phone. so, perhaps they have thought this out and this doesn't impact that many people to justify continuing with costly processes?

Danderhall Hibs
11-08-2016, 12:21 PM

Plenty of older folk and my wife :-)

Loads of people - and the popularity of uplifting tickets would appear to confirm that a lot of people prefer that option.

More people than you think I would imagine.
With all this fantastic new technology we can all stay home and watch the game live on our tellies, PC's or smart phones.
Why go to the bother of going to the match at all?

Would the people mentioned here who don’t have the required technology be ordering online in the first place?

Magnus
11-08-2016, 12:31 PM
Lass at the t/o this morning said the changes were made to reduce queues and subsequent complaints on match days.
However they do seem to realise that the new system contains some major errors and will need adapting to make it work.

Scouse Hibee
11-08-2016, 01:24 PM
It's very much like closing branches in that the reasoning is the same - a few people still like to go into branches, some don't have the technology or just like going to see someone, however, the vast majority of people are interacting with the banks in different ways through mobile apps and online. That means that whilst some people still want or need access to a branch it just isn't cost effective to keep that service going for the few.

Linking booking online with an ability or desire to print or have on your phone isn't too much of a stretch. They can also be sent out.

We seem to be talking then about a small number of people who are walk ups, will order on line, will do so late on in the week and will not have access to a printer or a smart phone. so, perhaps they have thought this out and this doesn't impact that many people to justify continuing with costly processes?

If the actual ticket office was closing you might have a point in reference to bank branches,it's not so you don't. The loyalty point debacle and now this tells me that the club never really look at the whole picture when introducing such changes and schemes. Not being able to collect a ticket at the ticket office of your own cub on the day of a match is ridiculous. What next.......

Andy74
11-08-2016, 01:32 PM
If the actual ticket office was closing you might have a point in reference to bank branches,it's not so you don't. The loyalty point debacle and now this tells me that the club never really look at the whole picture when introducing such changes and schemes. Not being able to collect a ticket at the ticket office of your own cub on the day of a match is ridiculous. What next.......

I'm not sure why the bank reference is perplexing you so much. There's actually a range of things that banks are doing with branches which are very similar which range from completely closing to replacing them with reduced offerings which are limited to ipads to view info and automated pay in and out machines.

Anyhow, as you I think can get, I am talking about the rationale of changing customer use patterns and how that impacts the physical offices or services you provide.

As noted above, if ordering online you can get them sent out to you or you can print at home or get them on the phone. It is not likely that there are that many who are in the category of walk up, buy too late to post and have no access at all to a printer at work or home and do not have a smart phone.

There will be some but Hibs obviously have enough of a view of this to know that it is not cost effective to continue to cater for this.

I believe there would still be the option of calling to order or buying from the hubs on the day? Maybe doesn't suite everyone but things move on.

I had to put up with the fact I rarely got loyalty points for away games for example because I don't live in town to collect and was rarely able to commit in advance of the day. Though that matters not now!

ian cruise
11-08-2016, 01:32 PM
A lot of people getting very angry about this without giving the new way of working a chance, it might work, it might not. The,club have obviously identified a problem that was affecting people's match day experience and are trying something to improve it. If it doesn't work I'm sure they'll change it again. We can't just keep doing things one way because thats the way it was always done.

Hiber-nation
11-08-2016, 01:55 PM
Sent: 11 August 2016 11:23
To: Thomas
Subject: RE: Collections

Hi Thomas,

It’s for home sales, will get them to make it clearer.

Kind Regards
Hibernian Ticket Office

Sent: 11 August 2016 09:58
To: Tickets <Tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk>
Subject: Collections

Hi,

I've just been reading through the "Buying Tickets - 10 Things You Should Know" on the official site. I'm a bit confused by the collections section:

"Collections - For all online sales, there will no longer be an option to collect at the stadium – tickets should either be added to a season ticket card, printed at home or mailed to your home address."

Does this only apply to Home tickets or also collections for away tickets?

Thanks

Thomas

Getting a response as quick as that is certainly progress.....we await the article being updated now!

Scouse Hibee
11-08-2016, 02:35 PM
I'm not sure why the bank reference is perplexing you so much. There's actually a range of things that banks are doing with branches which are very similar which range from completely closing to replacing them with reduced offerings which are limited to ipads to view info and automated pay in and out machines.

Anyhow, as you I think can get, I am talking about the rationale of changing customer use patterns and how that impacts the physical offices or services you provide.

As noted above, if ordering online you can get them sent out to you or you can print at home or get them on the phone. It is not likely that there are that many who are in the category of walk up, buy too late to post and have no access at all to a printer at work or home and do not have a smart phone.

There will be some but Hibs obviously have enough of a view of this to know that it is not cost effective to continue to cater for this.

I believe there would still be the option of calling to order or buying from the hubs on the day? Maybe doesn't suite everyone but things move on.

I had to put up with the fact I rarely got loyalty points for away games for example because I don't live in town to collect and was rarely able to commit in advance of the day. Though that matters not now!

It's not perplexing me at all, you talked about closing branches then changed to reduced service in branches when I pointed out your comparison was wrong, fair enough you realised that and changed tact.

You mention cost effectiveness which really doesn't add up either given that the actual service of provision of tickets from the ticket office still exists for some tickets. The ticket office is not being replaced with automated systems either. Therefore your point about those affected only being "some" in other words a small amount means that Hibs could easily cater for them without affecting their costs. You can have no complaints about loyalty points as you have stated many times that they weren't needed anyway. Let's not forget, at the end of the day no matter what systems are in place a football supporter still has to attend the stadium and therefore should be able to collect tickets when attending the stadium.