PDA

View Full Version : No Hibs manager will have a clearer remit than Neil Lennon

Carheenlea
10-08-2016, 07:21 AM
I don't think any Hibs manager will have had a clearer understanding of what is expected of the club this season. Promotion, by winning the league is the target, and what he will be judged on.
If promotion is not secured, then I suspect it will be a one year term for the manager. Neil Lennon has a reputation to recover after his disappointment at Bolton, and this season will be pivotal to his managerial future in the game. I don't think anyone is expecting him at Hibs long term, and if he gets us up and then moves to richer pastures then everyone can be happy enough.
We Hibs fans like a Cup run or two, so last night was a big blow this early in the campaign. Neil Lennon can't afford too many mistakes in the league like last night, and it will be interesting to see how he approaches Saturday's game on the back of that.
Neil Lennon is under pressure, even if we had won last night's game. The pressure is on him to win this league, meet the demands of fan and board, and he effectively has one season to do it. I wouldn't enjoy that pressure, but I suspect that one person who will is Neil Lennon...

jacomo
10-08-2016, 02:16 PM
:agree:

Neil Lennon obviously has ambitions to manage in the EPL, but to do that he will need to deliver at Hibs first. I imagine he has a two year plan - promotion this season, make an impact next season.

The good news is that he is used to handling the pressure.

steviehibsleith
10-08-2016, 02:49 PM
I think AS remit would have been identical to Neil Lennons - Promotion. Everyone of us know how monumental it was to win the Scottish Cup but this is our third season in the Championship . I hope Lennon can bolster the squad with even two more quality players as we seem to carry our fair share of injured players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
10-08-2016, 04:12 PM
I don't think any Hibs manager will have had a clearer understanding of what is expected of the club this season. Promotion, by winning the league is the target, and what he will be judged on.
If promotion is not secured, then I suspect it will be a one year term for the manager. Neil Lennon has a reputation to recover after his disappointment at Bolton, and this season will be pivotal to his managerial future in the game. I don't think anyone is expecting him at Hibs long term, and if he gets us up and then moves to richer pastures then everyone can be happy enough.
We Hibs fans like a Cup run or two, so last night was a big blow this early in the campaign. Neil Lennon can't afford too many mistakes in the league like last night, and it will be interesting to see how he approaches Saturday's game on the back of that.
Neil Lennon is under pressure, even if we had won last night's game. The pressure is on him to win this league, meet the demands of fan and board, and he effectively has one season to do it. I wouldn't enjoy that pressure, but I suspect that one person who will is Neil Lennon...

True.

As an aside I couldn't help but conjure up the voice in my head of Churchill reading that out with the pace and tone used. You don't write political speeches for a living ? ;)