PDA

View Full Version : Henderson, I know not another one.

Ultrabee1-0
09-08-2016, 10:24 PM
Just seen on twitter that @agentscotland has posted he should be a hibs player by the weekend, I dunno how reliable this guy is but a couple of hibs accounts have shared it.

HibsNutter
09-08-2016, 10:28 PM
Sick of hearing about this, get it done or Lennon should tell us it's not happening to end speculation.

Ultrabee1-0
09-08-2016, 10:34 PM
Sick of hearing about this, get it done or Lennon should tell us it's not happening to end speculation.

Aye new tae but I thought I had to keep everyone updated and hoped someone might know. Lennon really does need to end it tbh

Nutmegged
09-08-2016, 10:35 PM
He's one of the most reliable accounts on Twitter, been on the money with a lot of Hibs stuff

Nicho87
09-08-2016, 11:08 PM
Hibs should be telling celtic or henderson who ever is delaying this is it a yes or a no, cause if its a no we move on to the next target. Getting the feeling we're sitting with our thumb our ass waiting on rodgers.

keep the faith
09-08-2016, 11:13 PM
Look how quickly rotherham tied up Allan after making an approach. And he was a player who had played all the pre season games.
I reckon we must be haggling over cash or wages.

Nutmegged
09-08-2016, 11:49 PM
Look how quickly rotherham tied up Allan after making an approach. And he was a player who had played all the pre season games.
I reckon we must be haggling over cash or wages.

Rotherham are likely able to pay 100% of his 8 grand a week wages, unfortunately for us to get a guy on loan who is on a good wage we more than likely have to be patient

monktonharp
10-08-2016, 01:13 AM
Rotherham are likely able to pay 100% of his 8 grand a week wages, unfortunately for us to get a guy on loan who is on a good wage we more than likely have to be patientI will agree with you on this Mr Nutmegged. does not look like Brendan Rodgers is interested in the Laddie Henderson. we must be interested. championship English clubs could be interested. We might be able to get near his wage, but the likes of Wolves/notts/the blades/and even Rotherham can outdo us in wages terms by miles. We live in hope.

Forza Fred
10-08-2016, 02:57 AM
Hibs should be telling celtic or henderson who ever is delaying this is it a yes or a no, cause if its a no we move on to the next target. Getting the feeling we're sitting with our thumb our ass waiting on rodgers.

Celtic aren't interested in our problems, and if we marched into their office and said "right, it's now or never" would terminate the discussions at that point.

We want him, possibly others do too......we have to do the dance unfortunately....Celtic will make a decision when it suits their interests, not ours.

GreenLake
10-08-2016, 03:20 AM
This has Lawwell"s prints all over it.

Forza Fred
10-08-2016, 03:43 AM

You may be right but when a new manager comes to a club he sees things differently to the previous one and may well have made the decision that Henderson, rather than being one who is to be nurtured for the future, may well be deemed surplus and they maybe about to unload him permanently if a contract termination agreement can be reached.

I know Hendo signed a long term deal at the start of ,last season but he HAS been there for a few years and has yet to 'break through'...

In any event, we have little option other than to see what the final outcome is..

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2016, 06:17 AM
Our deals with Celtic are normally done at the last minute on deadline day so we could well have another few weeks of people telling us this deal will be done soon.

CB_NO3
10-08-2016, 06:56 AM
Maybe Lennon doesn't know if its happening. Maybe Dempster is not aware, maybe Lawell hasn't made his mind up. Bizarre post.

BoomtownHibees
10-08-2016, 07:01 AM
Maybe Lennon doesn't know if its happening. Maybe Dempster is not aware, maybe Lawell hasn't made his mind up. Bizarre post.

Dempster has said that our offer is on the table and won't change and its in Celtc's hands. She did also say that if another target became available then they would pursue that without going back to Celtc about Hendo

Frazerbob
10-08-2016, 07:51 AM
This is an exact re-run of the Dylan McGeouch saga last year and he ended up ours, all ours, a couple of weeks into the season. I suspect the same will happen with Henderson.

Bleeds green
10-08-2016, 10:09 AM

Why does Lennon need to say anything he's ALREADY come out and said they contacted Celtic who said they wanted to negotiate the champ league qualifiers first seeing as they haven't done that yet I don't expect Lennon to have to say anything more!! If anything happens before that then it's an added bonus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bleeds green
10-08-2016, 10:10 AM
Aye new tae but I thought I had to keep everyone updated and hoped someone might know. Lennon really does need to end it tbh

Good grief another one doesn't read what there teams managers ALREADY said but he needs to end it [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
10-08-2016, 11:27 AM
I totally agree it's getting boring now put a closing date onnit if Celtic don't get back to us move on for another target. We only have 3 weeks of window left and it's dragged on long enough

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
10-08-2016, 12:12 PM

Hardly surprising as as he is Celtic's CEO?

JDHibs
10-08-2016, 12:29 PM
Im at the point where im not going believe anything regarding Hendo until it comes out of the clubs mouth!

Too many rumours every couple of days now!

Its meant to be signed and done 6 weeks ago according to some!

seanoheimhin
10-08-2016, 12:51 PM
Im at the point where im not going believe anything regarding Hendo until it comes out of the clubs mouth!

Too many rumours every couple of days now!

Its meant to be signed and done 6 weeks ago according to some!

I've never been one for following rumours closely, but I'll admit with the cup win and the Lennon appointment that I've been drawn in to checking about pretty much every day.

I might be late to the party, but I've learned that what you get from these twitter pages, and some on here, is nothing but half-arsed guesswork. A random name generator would be as accurate. They jump on a wee story that we've all read and hype it up as if they know something. The Henderson deal has been a prime example of this.

Here's hoping we get him, but I'm giving up on seeking out 'insider' knowledge

Smartie
10-08-2016, 01:32 PM

Can you imagine what negotiations between Lawwell and Petrie must be like?

DanHFC1875
10-08-2016, 02:00 PM

lol I'd rather not lol

GlasgowHibee
10-08-2016, 06:14 PM
On the bench for Celtic tonight, hope that doesn't mean Rodgers sees him in his plans!

hibsdaft
10-08-2016, 06:20 PM
Lawwell playing his cards wisely here. Especially after last night.

Cod Boy
10-08-2016, 06:24 PM
On the bench for Celtic tonight, hope that doesn't mean Rodgers sees him in his plans!

Looks to be three fringe players on there bench tonight

green day
10-08-2016, 06:27 PM

Even if he plays then signs for us it doesn't matter after last night!

NorthNorfolkHFC
10-08-2016, 06:29 PM
Are there any other targets tho?

We talk about hendo but we are still lacking in some other areas. It's not as if we sign him and all is well again.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

jgl07
10-08-2016, 07:07 PM
Putting forward your impatience forward as a guide for action is stupid.

number9dream
10-08-2016, 07:17 PM

Like the final table in the world series of poker...

I'd like to think we have a few irons in the fire but then we run the risk of missing out on others if this one drags on and on and we don't get it over the line.
Celtic will be looking for a decent fee, same as St Mirren with Mallan.
That's assuming Hendo wants to leave.

Eyrie
10-08-2016, 08:06 PM

Each would be trying to get the other to accept a reverse charges phone call to avoid the bill, so the negotiations would never actually start.

IrnBru22
10-08-2016, 08:15 PM
Just came on for celtic in the league cup

theonlywayisup
10-08-2016, 08:16 PM
Just came on for celtic in the league cup

Dam - that's him cup tied.

.... can't do smileys

woodyhfc4892
10-08-2016, 08:18 PM
He's just come on for Celtic.. Is that the end of the rumours now?

SteveHFC
10-08-2016, 08:20 PM
He's just come on for Celtic.. Is that the end of the rumours now?

Or maybe playing his last game before signing for us :).

Borderhibbie76
10-08-2016, 08:54 PM
Think we need to move on guys...have a horrible gut feeling this just isn't gonna happen

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Paisley Hibby
10-08-2016, 09:05 PM
He didn't look out of place tonight, in fact probably looked the best of their substitutes who came on in the last 15 minutes. I think it's time for us to move on sadly.

Celtic won 5-0 with 28 attempts on goal. Could easily have been double figures and Motherwell were lucky Celtic eased off towards the end.

Jim44
10-08-2016, 09:12 PM
The only glimmer of hope is that he will still be down the pecking order and may not be keen to have a season on the bench. There again he might be reluctantly resigned to settling for that. The punters on KS are keen to hold on to him but see him going out on loan.

Sir David Gray
10-08-2016, 09:17 PM
It's not looking likely now.

Gutted to say the least.

CraigHibee
10-08-2016, 09:19 PM
Suppose we will find our sooner or later, just hope we have other targets

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2016, 09:27 PM
I'm assuming with it being a done deal that Celtic have just given him some minutes tonight so he's closer to being match fit for Saturday?

Frazerbob
10-08-2016, 09:28 PM
McGeouch played one game for Celtic in August 2014 before coming to us on loan then the following year it was very late in the window and a few weeks into the season before he signed for us.

ElginHibbie
10-08-2016, 09:29 PM
From Agent Scotland on Twitter to someone asking if it meant it was off after saying last night it would happen soon

don't read too much into it, Celtic had so many CMs injured or suspended tonight, henwas only used as a precaution for Brown.

Followed up with patience it's happening

Davy Mac
10-08-2016, 09:42 PM
Dam - that's him cup tied.

.... can't do smileys

I guess that makes him less attractive to sign for a club that's still in the cup eh?

Come on Hibs get the fee sorted and do the deal.

The_Horde
10-08-2016, 09:56 PM
Celtic will sign another midfielder before the Windows end.

Captain Trips
10-08-2016, 09:58 PM
Our problem last season was missed chances and overplay. If that is going to be a part this term then Henderson isn't a priority.

I really think Henderson is excellent and would love him back but we need other players as much.

Dunbar Hibee
10-08-2016, 10:20 PM
I was speaking to my Celtic mate earlier who thinks they will get at least one more midfielder in, reckons Hendo will be back with us but on a loan deal rather than a permanent.

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-08-2016, 10:43 PM
This is like Griffiths all over again.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2016, 08:04 AM
Everybody just calm down, these things can take time.

Callum_62
11-08-2016, 08:17 AM
QUICK, EVERYONE JUST CALM DOWN

:worried::eek::panic::panic:

SunshineOnLeith
11-08-2016, 08:52 PM
When do the schools go back? Every transfer window we get folk biting on this bored child's Twitter account.

SteveHFC
11-08-2016, 08:56 PM
http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/chill-pill-smiley.gif

It'll happen so take a chill pill everyone. :greengrin