PDA

View Full Version : NHC Player ratings

FromTheCapital
09-08-2016, 09:43 PM
Laidlaw (5) - Too indecisive at times and made a poor mistake for Queen's second goal.

Gray (5) - Poor tonight. Struggled when getting forward and offered McGregor little protection.

McGregor (5) - Beaten too easily too often. Wasted possession too much as well.

Hanlon (6) - Grabbed himself a goal and generally defended pretty well. Think he lost Dobbie for the equaliser, though.

Fontaine (6) - Solid performance. Comfortable on the ball and played pretty well.

Stevenson (6) - Plenty of work down the left hand side. Got forward well tonight.

Bartley (5) - Had decent spells in the game but slowed play down too much. Tired as the game wore on.

McGinn (4) - Probably his worst performance for us. Caught in possession too often and wasted the ball too much.

Keatings (7) - My MOTM. Excellent in possession and forced a great save from QotS' keeper. Faded towards the end.

Cummings (5) - Not much came off for him tonight. Worked hard but just lacked the quality we've came to expect from him.

Holt (5) - Missed great chance in the first half. Held ball up well and caused QotS' defence some problems but it just wasn't his night either.

Subs:

Boyle (4) - No impact when he came on.

Harris (3) - Little time but looked timid during his time on the pitch.

Forster (N/R) - No time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FromTheCapital
09-08-2016, 09:43 PM
Apologies, didn't mean to put the 'NHC' prefix. Can the admins fix this?

green day
09-08-2016, 09:45 PM
Agree most of that, except maybe Gray, thought he did ok. McGinn was very poor.

lucky
09-08-2016, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=FromTheCapital;4786982]Laidlaw (5) - Too indecisive at times and made a poor mistake for Queen's second goal.

Gray (5) - Poor tonight. Struggled when getting forward and offered McGregor little protection.

Hanlon (6) - Grabbed himself a goal and generally defended pretty well. Think he lost Dobbie for the equaliser, though.

Fontaine (6) - Solid performance. Comfortable on the ball and played pretty well.

Stevenson (6) - Plenty of work down the left hand side. Got forward well tonight.

Bartley (5) - Had decent spells in the game but slowed play down too much. Tired as the game wore on.

McGinn (4) - Probably his worst performance for us. Caught in possession too often and wasted the ball too much.

Keatings (7) - My MOTM. Excellent in possession and forced a great save from QotS' keeper. Faded towards the end.

Cummings (5) - Not much came off for him tonight. Worked hard but just lacked the quality we've came to expect from him.

Holt (5) - Missed great chance in the first half. Held ball up well and caused QotS' defence some problems but it just wasn't his night either.

Subs:

Forster (N/R) - No time.

Spot on with the starters but generous with the subs. Would also give Lennon a 5. Stupid decision to take JC off and put Forster on up front.

The Captain....
09-08-2016, 10:01 PM
Laidlaw (5) - Too indecisive at times and made a poor mistake for Queen's second goal.

Subs:

Forster (N/R) - No time.

Not much I disagree with there, we were pedestrian in a way I'd not seen us under Lennon so far.

He'll probably have learned more tonight than he did from Saturday's win. That lesson is hopefully 'signings required with pace and creativity'. We are too one dimensional.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
10-08-2016, 01:36 AM
Laidlaw ..... 5 ....... Did OK apart from getting in a fankle twice with his defence, though on both occasions I'm not sure if him or the defender was to blame, no idea what he thought he was doing at the 2nd goal.

Gray ..... 5 ......... Not terribly effective and the ball in behind him was QOTS's favourite move all night.

Hanlon .... 6 ....... Scored and I didn't see too many individual errors.

Fontaine ... 6 .... played pretty well and won most of his battles, but needs to practice heading the ball on target, he so often gets onto the end of set pieces and so often misses the target.

McGregor .... 5 ... He can play better than this and more than once got himself caught in possession when he didn't have to.

Stevenson .. 6 ... Did what he always does, apart from this time forcing a good save from their keeper. In a system where your right and left backs are practically playing as wingers you need them to be able to beat a man for pace or by trickery .... Lewis can do neither and it limits him and the pace of our attacks. This by the way isn't a case of 'we lost, have a go at Stevenson' its the same win, lose or draw and has been for years.

Bartley ... 5 ... Worked hard enough, but seemed to run out of steam in the 2nd half and was like a rabbit caught in the headlights at times with the ball at his feet. I like big Marv, but he is much more effective as a defensive midfielder than going forward.

McGinn .... 5 ... He did a couple of good things, but by his high standards this was without doubt one of his least effective games.

Keatings ... 7 ... Buzzed about, some of his dead balls were very good and should have been made more of, only a good save from the keeper stopped him scoring in the 2nd half with a beautifully struck shot.

Holt ..... 6 .... Worked hard and gave the forwards beside him some decent service at times, but in the end not as effective as I'd like to see. Whatever his past exploits it doesn't look to me as if he is going to be much of a goal threat, though I'm aware that's not his main job with us.

Cummings ... 5 .... Drifted in and out of the game, when he did get on the ball he was pretty toothless and he still needs to work on his decision making, at 1 -3 down he managed to get into the box at the byline, but instead of playing the ball to the unmarked Harris at the edge of the box he tried to force it into the middle past 3 QOTS defenders.

Subs:

Boyle .... 3 .... Didn't do a lot
Harris ... 3 ..... Same as Boyle
Forster ... 3 .... Same as Harris

Though when you come on at 80, 85 and 89 minutes there's not a lot you can do I suppose.

Neil Lennon ..... It will be interesting to see what reaction he gets from the players on Saturday and what changes he makes to tonight's team and tactics ... Folk will forgive him for us going out of the cup because the league is all that really matters, but a repeat of tonight at the weekend and the pressure will be on him, even though it will only be a week into the season. Not because I want it to be, but because this is Hibs and the press and TV will jump on any hint that the league might not be the cakewalk they want to pretend Hibs think it will be.

Forza Fred
10-08-2016, 02:11 AM
Think the scoring for Holt in particular is a bit harsh maybe.

Yes he missed an early chance from a superb ball by Jason, but thought he caused the Queens defence problems and for me was one of the few whose efforts were unpredictable,and seemed to me the most likely too...

Baw187
10-08-2016, 04:55 AM

Yes he missed an early chance from a superb ball by Jason, but thought he caused the Queens defence problems and for me was one of the few whose efforts were unpredictable,and seemed to me the most likely too...

I was surprised when he took Holt off. He was winning pretty much everything that came his way and held up the ball plenty to start attacks.

Thought Keats was our MOTM. Rest were all pretty average.

hibsbollah
10-08-2016, 05:37 AM
Think you are being too generous.
on a scale of 1-10 they barely reached utter ****ing dross.

I wasn't there but when I turned it off after 30 mins we were all over QOS according to radio Scotland, Holt had just missed from 2 yards to make it 2-0 and 'it was only going to be a matter of how many'.

Are you sure we were that bad? Any credit to the opposition at all?

JimBHibees
10-08-2016, 05:42 AM

Agree totally thought he was good and most of our attacks came through him.

Booked4Being-Ugly
10-08-2016, 06:09 AM
I wasn't there but when I turned it off after 30 mins we were all over QOS according to radio Scotland, Holt had just missed from 2 yards to make it 2-0 and 'it was only going to be a matter of how many'.

Are you sure we were that bad? Any credit to the opposition at all?Yes we were.

1st half we missed good chances without being that great and it looked like one of those games where we could scrape a win despite playing ok and that would have been acceptable. If either Holt or Fontaine had scored their chances at this point we'd have went on to win by 3-0 or more.

In the 2nd half we were all over the place defensively and were bereft of a decent midfield. Lennon's tactics were woeful and you could sense what was about to unfold, yet he failed to change it. QOS are a poor team but their defence and keeper on the night were ultimately better than ours, despite Hamill having a bit of a mare. The QOS manager made the necessary changes in the 2nd half bringing on Dobbie, who looked like the kind of player we could be doing with ourselves!

As the game went on the contrast in confidence switched from Hibs and QOS who took their chances courtesy of a shaky defence and goalkeeper.

PeeJay
10-08-2016, 06:29 AM
Hibs were looking comfortable until Dobbie game on I felt - he changed the game - best player on the park for me.
Lack of communication with goalkeeper and back four - happened 1x in 1st half we got away with it, in the 2nd half they got their 2nd goal.
Keatings was best Hibs player by a mile I thought.
We move the ball around pretty well but the final ball is where everything falls down too often - Cummings - our best goalscorer is too often posted missing where it counts, although he worked hard last night I thought. I'm not convinced by Holt, he works hard too though. McGinn was anonymous throughout ...
We had "chances" but I never really felt we were going to stick any away, Queens in the 2nd half after Dobbie came on, you just knew it was going to happen ... Lennon was unable to change things ...

... think we can bury the theory that we are going to "walk this league", not with this team!

Brooster
10-08-2016, 06:35 AM
Keatings played well, the others were poor particularly Bartley.

ggth
10-08-2016, 06:49 AM

Subs:

Forster (N/R) - No time.

agree with most, except Stevenson, he is the weakest link in the team and has been for some years! I enjoyed the team formation last night with all the possession but lacking the final ball,
that was down to Stevenson as an attacking winger, with no pace, no confidence, once foot he is easily beat, and not forgetting his 9/10 passes always went to the side or backwards, not god enough
was he was in the the SPL we got relegated, was constantly being ripped, turned inside out, 2 years in the Championship and we are still sticking with him, Hopefully Lennon will see his weaknesses quickly!