PDA

View Full Version : Ach well

davym7062
09-08-2016, 09:24 PM
Poor result tonite no question but I couldn't give a flyin one about the league cup!!! It's all about promotion!!! That's all that matters

madhatter
09-08-2016, 09:27 PM
Poor result tonite no question but I couldn't give a flyin one about the league cup!!! It's all about promotion!!! That's all that matters

I think most will agree but the way we capitulated was very concerning against a poor QoS team...

Team still needs a lot of work. 3-4 signings and ones physically able to deal with this league as we are still soft touches.

BoomtownHibees
09-08-2016, 09:29 PM

It is about promotion but that was our best team, at present, that just capitulated against a bang average Championship side

HibeeLR
09-08-2016, 09:32 PM
Horrible result tonight but I reckon we'll be back to winning ways and get a decent result in Saturday. League is our only focus!

Pete
09-08-2016, 09:35 PM
I think most will agree but the way we capitulated was very concerning against a poor QoS team...

Team still needs a lot of work. 3-4 signings and ones physically able to deal with this league as we are still soft touches.

When calling us "soft touches" what are you basing this on?

Tonight? The games we didn't win last season?

If you are, could you explain how we performed like we weren't "soft touches" so many times last season and the beginning of this season?

We lost a game of football FFS and were already getting labels attached to us by our own so called supporters.

Pretty Boy
09-08-2016, 09:37 PM
The league cup wasn't a priority but I still hate losing any game especially with a performance like that.

Hopefully just a blip but issues that need sorted and promptly.

Waxy
09-08-2016, 09:54 PM
This was a bit less dramatic than the last time we got knocked out the league cup.

Jones28
09-08-2016, 10:00 PM
Disagree, that was pish. We should be steamrollering team like that.

GreenCastle
09-08-2016, 10:04 PM
The league cup wasn't a priority but I still hate losing any game especially with a performance like that.

Hopefully just a blip but issues that need sorted and promptly.

Would rather 3 points on Saturday than win tonight if I had the option.

Hate losing and to lower teams but this team is still capable to win the league with a couple more players minimum.

It might wake Lennon up and realise that which can only be a positive - if we had won maybe we stick with majority of squad.

Looking forward to Saturday to see how the players bounce back.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-08-2016, 10:09 PM
If we had won we were only three games away from potentially lifting the cup, one game away from half decent money in a semi final. Shouldn't be all that taxing to go all the way in it. We've already bypassed the first 4 or 5 games in it.
Completely pish to go out at this stage and lose some of the momentum we had built up in pre season and against Falkirk.

GreenCastle
09-08-2016, 10:13 PM
If we had won we were only three games away from potentially lifting the cup, one game away from half decent money in a semi final. Shouldn't be all that taxing to go all the way in it. We've already bypassed the first 4 or 5 games in it.
Completely pish to go out at this stage and lose some of the momentum we had built up in pre season and against Falkirk.

These are valid points. We were going to lose a game at some point after the best day of our lives just many probably didn't expect it this evening.

We can still win 3 trophies and as long as we win the league fans will consider it a successful season.

Last year we should have had the double ! Except wrong tactics in the final - that annoys me more !

Real Emerald
09-08-2016, 10:18 PM

Completely agee with you, three games after tonight and all wrapped up early this year. There is no point in going out at this stage when we could do with the revenue. It was a bad defeat that could also knock confidence which we don't want so for me it doesn't help anything.

greenlex
10-08-2016, 03:42 AM
It is about promotion but that was our best team, at present, that just capitulated against a bang average Championship side

Disagree about our best team. Best team available possibly but McGeouch Fyvie and our first choice keeper all absent.

Forza Fred
10-08-2016, 03:53 AM
Disagree, that was pish. We should be steamrollering team like that.

Result wise I agree.

When we play games like this the winning margin should be such that it acts as a confidence booster throughout the squad.

We have managed to do the opposite.

We need a couple of players in.....including another goal scorer........which appears to be where we left off last season..

weonlywon6-2
10-08-2016, 04:57 AM
Wake up call last night

We move on

Matty_Jack04
10-08-2016, 05:25 AM
Wake up call last night

We move on

:agree: A timely boot up the erchie for all hopefully

BoomtownHibees
10-08-2016, 06:02 AM
Disagree about our best team. Best team available possibly but McGeouch Fyvie and our first choice keeper all absent.

Which is why I said "at present". I think the only reason we are playing 3 at the back just now is down to the lack of quality we have available in the middle of the park. Once Fyvie and Mcgeouch are back then we will be back to a 4 man defence IMO

lyonhibs
10-08-2016, 07:34 AM
Wake up call last night

We move on

That's the thing, I certainly hope we do move on but I've seen that above post almost word for word umpteen times last season in the league and we never quite "moved on" from the "dominate possession but lose the game" habit, hence why we're still in this wretched league.

I think the grumbling - or "bed wetting" as I believe it's referred to by the .net cognoscenti - may not be purely about last night in isolation but more the "we've been here before........" feeling that inevitably comes after a performance like this.

Eyrie
10-08-2016, 07:30 PM
Which is why I said "at present". I think the only reason we are playing 3 at the back just now is down to the lack of quality we have available in the middle of the park. Once Fyvie and Mcgeouch are back then we will be back to a 4 man defence IMO

We need the four man defence because playing with wing backs is asking Gray and Stevenson to perform an attacking role that they're not really suited to.

Sir David Gray
10-08-2016, 09:47 PM
Of course if I had to choose between a win last night and three points on Saturday, I would choose the latter every time but the manner of the defeat last night is a huge concern. We were very poor in the second half last night and we wasted so many chances to be several goals ahead by half time.

Some big decisions to be made Lennon.

heretoday
10-08-2016, 09:59 PM
I'm not too bothered about last night but a result like that in the league would have the blood pressure rising.