PDA

View Full Version : Warning- bed wetting alert

Alfred E Newman
09-08-2016, 08:54 PM
While that was a dire performance and a lot of the old failings of last season are still sadly evident it might turn out to be a good thing as it will surely extinguish any thoughts that we are going to saunder through this league. No doubt the same folks that have been saying the same will now be on ripping the team and the manager to shreds.

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2016, 08:57 PM
Attention seeker.:rolleyes:

Heisenberg
09-08-2016, 08:59 PM
We just got pumped by a very average side. Think folk will rightly voice their concern.

Pete
09-08-2016, 09:02 PM
Attention seeker.:rolleyes:

Maybe it didn't need to be said but he's right.

The people who had nothing to say when we played Falkirk, Brondby and probably Rangers are starting already...and I bet more of them will do their own attention seeking as the night goes on.

I know "it takes all sorts", "it's only an opinyun" blah blah.

ShinyFantastic
09-08-2016, 09:03 PM
Aye lets all rejoice in getting knocked out of the league cup at home by queen of the south.

Danderhall Hibs
09-08-2016, 09:05 PM
Kick up the arse at the right time hopefully.

For the fans that thought we had a good enough squad to skoosh the league. And for the board who aren't getting he players in that are clearly required.

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2016, 09:05 PM
Maybe it didn't need to be said but he's right.

The people who had nothing to say when we played Falkirk, Brondby and probably Rangers are starting already...and I bet more of them will do their own attention seeking as the night goes on.

I know "it takes all sorts", "it's only an opinyun" blah blah.

Starting what, talking about a poor defeat, is that not allowed now, do we have to be a (happy clapper) after every game win lose or draw?

Mr White
09-08-2016, 09:06 PM
While that was a dire performance and a lot of the old failings of last season are still sadly evident it might turn out to be a good thing as it will surely extinguish any thoughts that we are going to saunder through this league. No doubt the same folks that have been saying the same will now be on ripping the team and the manager to shreds.

Can you not just post your thoughts without citing lines of division and predicting what other people may or may not post?

With all due respect this kind of reaction feels worse than the one you seem to be preemptively criticising tbh.

Pretty Boy
09-08-2016, 09:07 PM
We were dreadful tonight barring a couple of 10 minute spells.

Hopefully it's a wake up call that we need signings and quickly. No panicking yet as we have been good against Brondby and Falkirk but we can't afford performance like that in the league.

Jim44
09-08-2016, 09:09 PM
If slagging off a useless performance by a team, who are strong favourites to win the Championship this year, and who have just been sucker-punched by a very ordinary team, is bed-wetting, by God, I better stock up on the old incontinence pads and rubber blankets.

Pete
09-08-2016, 09:10 PM
Starting what, talking about a poor defeat, is that not allowed now, do we have to be a (happy clapper) after every game win lose or draw?

You don't "have to be" anything. Talking about a defeat and baseless moaning are two different things. We've not turned into this useless outfit overnight and it's not happy clapping saying that.

Alfred E Newman

Nothing wrong with discussing the rights of wrongs of a poor performance like that but some of the comments are ridiculous to say the least.
In 90 mins we have suddenly gone from skooshing the league to no hopers according to some.

PompeyHibs
New signings required.
Might not be a bad thing tonights defeat as we have the rest of the month to buy three quality players and get the new goalies work permit sorted.

Promotion is key this year. Getting beat from QoS at home is a bad one but a reminder why we finished third last season

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2016, 09:11 PM
You don't "have to be" anything. Talking about a defeat and baseless moaning are two different things. We've not turned into this useless outfit overnight and it's not happy clapping saying that.

And neither is it bed wetting if you are critical.

Thecat23
09-08-2016, 09:11 PM
Very good first half I thought were we pressed high and looked sharp. Second half was like a Stubbs game when we found it hard and huffed and puffed. Lennon was way to late with the subs Boyle should have been on long before imo.

Anyway real wake up call, striker needed.. Left sided midfielder (Hendo) and maybe one other for cover.

The annoying thing is we could have won that game with ease but yet again failed to take our chances. Still confident for Sat though it's the league that matters end of the day.

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2016, 09:14 PM
Nothing wrong with discussing the rights of wrongs of a poor performance like that but some of the comments are ridiculous to say the least.
In 90 mins we have suddenly gone from skooshing the league to no hopers according to some.

Where? :confused: you are just making that up, folk are critical, folk are saying its a wake up call, but nobody is saying we wont win the league or even contest it.

You have just made the whole thing up.

Dalianwanda

Totally agree..a couple of signings and we will be well placed to hit our ONE objective of getting promotion.

scott7_0(Prague)
Am glad we are out, last years league cup final distracted us and this year our soul focus is the league and promotion.

RCNG
09-08-2016, 09:16 PM
Lennon out.

Pete
09-08-2016, 09:16 PM
Where? :confused: you are just making that up, folk are critical, folk are saying its a wake up call, but nobody is saying we wont win the league or even contest it.

You maybe posted that a bit early.

They're coming thick and fast now.

Danderhall Hibs
09-08-2016, 09:17 PM

One on the match thread.

Alfred E Newman

You obviously can't read then.

Jim44

I for one have never thought we might even remotely skoosh the league. I admit to thinking we had a great chance of promotion ( I still do ) but, on that showing, we will have to fight every inch of the way and if we deserve a boot up the arse, I'm ready to contribute.

truehibernian
09-08-2016, 09:19 PM
Am glad we are out, last years league cup final distracted us and this year our soul focus is the league and promotion.

We should never be glad to be put out a cup at home Scott. Lennon came in immediately saying Hibs were soft - well, we've certainly shown tonight that we are.

And who knows, our punishment for the pitch invasion technically could include expulsion from this year's tournament and/or huge fine - so a cup run would be good for a host of reasons.

I'll bet Leanne isn't glad we are out.

Skyegreen
09-08-2016, 09:22 PM
We were soft before Lennon arrived and we're still soft after he arrived. This needs to change quickly if we are to win this league.

The Green Goblin
09-08-2016, 09:22 PM
yam

What did you think about tonight's performance and result? Were you at the game? Or did you see it online? What went wrong? What do you think would fix it? Why don't you offer something useful to the debate...?

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2016, 09:23 PM
You obviously can't read then.

When you posted the post it was 9.54, on the matchday thread nobody said we had gone from skooshing the league to no hopers. As i said before, attention seeker.

If i had posted that, i'd have been accused of trolling.

greenpaper55
Calm down everyone, Alloa beat Inverness and did they not beat another premier team in the last round as well, it's early days with teams getting up to speed and there are always odd results early in the season. There are another nine months to go until the league is finished and we have been playing well up until this evening so to early panic.

staunchhibby
We did not turn up tonight that was dire.We made queens look good.

MacGruber
09-08-2016, 09:25 PM

For the fans that thought we had a good enough squad to skoosh the league. And for the board who aren't getting he players in that are clearly required.

This.

Borderhibbie76
09-08-2016, 09:27 PM
Same failings are there from last 2 seasons...we should have been 3 or 4 up at half time...second half we were worse than useless tbh...work 2b done over to you Mr Lennon - 2 or 3 new faces urgently required b4 end of month

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

scott7_0(Prague)
We should never be glad to be put out a cup at home Scott. Lennon came in immediately saying Hibs were soft - well, we've certainly shown tonight that we are.

And who knows, our punishment for the pitch invasion technically could include expulsion from this year's tournament and/or huge fine - so a cup run would be good for a host of reasons.

I'll bet Leanne isn't glad we are out.

Pish, we need to get up..

I'd take being knocked out and banned from the Scottish to ensure promotion.

Bet you would as well, winning all games is not our agenda or Lennons remit, he found out something tonight and the window us still open. Players will be signed, we will gain promotion and we still won thevScottish Cup season 2015/2016.

High-On-Hibs
The first half was fairly ordinary. We carved out several really good chances, but QOS were sitting back and soaking up the pressure. It was inevitable that they were going to make a go of it in the last 15. When they did, our defence was shown up too be too slow at getting back and covering the wide areas. They were also isolated whenever they broke forward and more often than not dispossessed.

We should have made more of the first half opportunities, but the last half an hour was extremely poor for the standards the club should be setting. Hopefully we can quickly move on from this with a good showing against Dunfermline. But they will be no push overs either.

Smartie
09-08-2016, 09:28 PM
It will do us no harm at all for Lennon to see that that is what we can be capable of.

Very 2nd half of last season. Decent 1st half, very good at times and if we'd taken our chances nobody could really have had a complaint of we'd gone 2 up then gone on to score more.

We didn't, we gave them a chance to get back into the game and they took it.

2nd best all over the park for the last half hour and it was nowhere near good enough.

If I was one of the players I don't think I'd have wanted to face Lennon after that.

The substitutions came too late and I only assume that Lennon was a bit complacent and didn't realise the trouble we were in.

I was one of the naive happy-clappers that thought we just needed Neil Lennon to be the manager and for us to tweak the tactics and we'd be fine.

That second half has given me great cause for concern but to be fair, it is the first poor 45 minutes we've had.

New signings needed, but we mustn't get desperate.

BoomtownHibees
09-08-2016, 09:31 PM
We made queens look good.

No we didn't. They were pish

The Green Goblin
09-08-2016, 09:36 PM
I thought we were badly missing energy, guile and graft in midfield, in short, some of our injured players. We had the chances, specifically two of them, to finish the game before half time. We should have finished it off.

Like everyone else, I was disappointed about the result, but the thing I couldn't get my head round, was the fact that a decent number of people in the West Upper (near the middle of the stand) applauded Stephen Dobbie when he came on, but booed Jason Cummings when he was subbed. It definitely happened, because I was there and I saw and heard it, as did others. I don't understand that at all. Were they confused? Did they get the two teams mixed up?! :rolleyes: Disappointed/frustrated or not, wtf was that about?

truehibernian
09-08-2016, 09:37 PM

Bet you would as well, winning all games is not our agenda or Lennons remit, he found out something tonight and the window us still open. Players will be signed, we will gain promotion and we still won thevScottish Cup season 2015/2016.

Cup runs generate much needed finance, finance which Lennon will need in both windows. No parachute money for us this season, Dundee Utd get that, and a huge fee for any Robertson sale - so will strengthen further.

We are weaker than last season squad wise. I get what you're saying about the league, and agree, but for me we should be trying to get as far as possible in both domestic cups and not happy or unconcerned at losing.

B.H.F.C
09-08-2016, 09:39 PM
Knew I'd log on and see some garbage posted about the bed wetters.

Tonight merely showed up a lot of the things that many have been concerned about for weeks. Lack of depth in the squad for instance.

Thecat23
09-08-2016, 09:40 PM
I still think we'll piss the league 😎👍🏼

Dashing Bob S
09-08-2016, 09:42 PM
Only one game, but he did everything and more that Grant Holt was brought here to do.

High-On-Hibs
09-08-2016, 09:42 PM
I thought we were badly missing energy, guile and graft in midfield, in short, some of our injured players. We had the chances, specifically two of them, to finish the game before half time. We should have finished it off.

Like everyone else, I was disappointed about the result, but the thing I couldn't get my head round, was the fact that a decent number of people in the West Upper (near the middle of the stand) applauded Stephen Dobbie when he came on, but booed Jason Cummings when he was subbed. It definitely happened, because I was there and I saw and heard it, as did others. I don't understand that at all. Were they confused? Did they get the two teams mixed up?! :rolleyes: Disappointed/frustrated or not, wtf was that about?

The sarcastic cheers towards the GK after the QOS equalizer was also cringeworthy. It really isn't helpful.

Dashing Bob S
09-08-2016, 09:46 PM
I get the depth of pool argument but it wasn't a factor tonight. We were poor. We just never go a hold of the game. We were in control without breaking sweat, but when Queens up their game bringing on Dobbie, we couldn't find another gear.

Lennon will not be happy at this sheer lack of application, inspiration and professionalism from the team.

1875STEVE
09-08-2016, 09:48 PM
IMO all tonight did was show, we miss McGeouch & Fyvie big time.

AND we still need to get 2-3 good signings in, another CF, a creative midfielder & a winger IMO.

We also need to get Marciano in goal asap.

On the other hand, id normally be gutted to go out, but not his year.

The League Cup isn't a priority, promotion is, hopefully we field an U19/reserve side in the petrofac, meaning we can concentrate fully on the league until the Scottish cup starts, no distractions.

Jim44
09-08-2016, 09:49 PM
You maybe posted that a bit early.

They're coming thick and fast now.

One wee flaw there. Getting knocked out of the LC and taking no part in the SC will not ensure promotion. And let's not get involved in all the usual ' what would you prefer? Winning the Scootish Cup or ...... Yada,yada crap.' Results like tonight, Cup or League send out one clear message to our opponents in the Championship. It doesn't need to be spelled out.

Thecat23
09-08-2016, 09:49 PM
I get the depth of pool argument but it wasn't a factor tonight. We were poor. We just never go a hold of the game. We were in control without breaking sweat, but when Queens up their game bringing on Dobbie, we couldn't find another gear.

Lennon will not be happy at this sheer lack of application, inspiration and professionalism from the team.

They never upped their game though. They hit us on the break and finished all 3 chances. What we did do was huff and puff that whole second half!

Smartie
09-08-2016, 09:50 PM

It was our best 11 that fell out of the game and led to our defeat tonight and that's where the blame should lie. All too often that was the case last season too.

But Lennon was similar to Stubbs tonight in that he watched us fall out of the game without trusting any of the players to come off the bench and change it until it was too late. Stubbs was culpable of this many times over last season.

Against Birmingham all the fringe players played and played well. What has changed that they don't now seem to be getting a sniff?

Captain Trips
09-08-2016, 09:51 PM

Im pissed off losing tonight so I haven't wet bed I have shat it as well.

Davy Mac
09-08-2016, 09:52 PM
Due to work/family commitments that was my first game of the season.

Without stating the obvious it's too early to start panicking but I would like to say how disappointed I was with the performance tonight apart from Keatings.

Although we started brightly, the tempo was so trudged and lame, not enough tenaciouness, grit and the willingness to win, in fact I would say the pace of our play was even slower than Stubbsy's time.

We had nobody to turn the game i.e. a Latapy type and Lennon was very slow to ring the changes, QOS made the changes and it paid off for them and I thought Dobbie looked like he can do a job for us to be fair.

They wanted it more and it really sticks in my craw "that it's ok to go out early and concentrate on ther league" seems acceptable whereas in my opinion we should never accept defeat at any level, any round and at anytime - win, win, win mentality.

Also, I thought Lennon was vocal in the first half but went missing ion the 2nd when his team needed more encouragement, on the park I thought we lacked leadership and drive.

All in all, it's a wake up call but IMO we need another striker, Hendo, a creative playmaker (bust the bank please) and some competition for Stevenson who was at fault for the 2nd including the keeper. Let's make no mistake we were utter Tom Kite in the 2nd half and the chance of us winning the league with that 2nd performance is not very high.

Sorry it's not bed wetting it's just how I saw the game tonight - sadly. But roll on Saturday and let's go again with a better attitude.

tamig
09-08-2016, 09:55 PM

The board aren't getting the players in? What do you mean by that?

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2016, 09:56 PM
Im pissed off losing tonight so I haven't wet bed I have shat it as well.

Aye but did you do it before 9.54 or after?

Alfred E Newman
09-08-2016, 09:59 PM
When you posted the post it was 9.54, on the matchday thread nobody said we had gone from skooshing the league to no hopers. As i said before, attention seeker.

If i had posted that, i'd have been accused of trolling.

Where did I quote any individual? Numerous posts prior to mine on other threads were coming out with nonsense suggesting the same by 9.54 Inspector.

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2016, 10:01 PM
Where did I quote any individual? Numerous posts prior to mine on other threads were coming out with nonsense suggesting the same by 9.54 Inspector.

You are making it up, nobody said prior to 9.54 we'd gone from skooshing the league to no hopers, a few unhappy but nobody saying what you posted on your original post.

Trolling and attention seeking.

Thecat23
09-08-2016, 10:01 PM
I wish I was Jamie Hamill... I've shat and wet it but I've not got a mans sized nappy in my house. 😔

tamig
09-08-2016, 10:04 PM
I wish I was Jamie Hamill... I've shat and wet it but I've not got a mans sized nappy in my house. 😔

His erse is even bigger than when he was at hertz. Maybe just unflattering shorts though.

Nakedmanoncrack
09-08-2016, 10:06 PM

Utterly bizarre, loads of people around us applauding Dobbie when he came on (West Lower).

Thecat23
09-08-2016, 10:07 PM
His erse is even bigger than when he was at hertz. Maybe just unflattering shorts though.

It's HUUUUUGE... He's a weird shape. I'm still convinced it's two dwarfs under that strip pretending to be a normal man.

Real Emerald
09-08-2016, 10:08 PM

He's just all erse :greengrin

Thecat23
09-08-2016, 10:08 PM
Utterly bizarre, loads of people around us applauding Dobbie when he came on (West Lower).

Must sit near me. I turned to my mate and said will they still be clapping if he scores. Sadly he did 😫

Pretty Boy
09-08-2016, 10:11 PM
Did people really boo Jason? Mental behaviour if so.

The Dobbie clapping doesn't really bother me, even if it's not for me but booing our top goalscorer who scored 2 at the weekend? Folk need their heads examined.

eastcoasthibby
09-08-2016, 10:12 PM
We were soft before Lennon arrived and we're still soft after he arrived. This needs to change quickly if we are to win this league.

For having big guys playing in our defensive area tonight and that's not including Gray, the goals they scored were all poor defensively and showed us lacking physicality and also our positioning was a mess, and our goalkeeper ...with the second at least ? ooohhh dear. he also had a flappy bit in the first as well !

Bartley has the physical part but he sits far too deep and it leaves us enough bodies up front to keep it tighter in the oppositions last third.

I hope the players got a reality check tonight as well as some fans this league is no skoosh, I reckon its even tighter this year then the other two .... we need 3 players in at least 1left back, I left midfield and 1 forward ( the guy Sykes ) looked decent tonight ??

its not bed wetting its reality !!! we missed McGeouch and Fyvie cos they prompt and push the game forward !! hurry back boys

The Green Goblin
09-08-2016, 10:12 PM

The Dobbie clapping doesn't really bother me, even if it's not for me but booing our top goalscorer who scored 2 at the weekend? Folk need their heads examined.

They did, unfortunately. A good number of people.

Ronniekirk
09-08-2016, 10:16 PM

Dont worry Lennon has said we wont continue to be a soft touch ,so would assume he wont be happy with that result ,and he will be looking to see who gives him a reaction on Saturday and he will be trying to get the players he wants in or identify other Targets

Not many of us saw that result coming tonight ,Lennon however will have learnt some things tonight and lets see what he does about it

Thecat23
09-08-2016, 10:18 PM
Dont worry Lennon has said we wont continue to be a soft touch ,so would assume he wont be happy with that result ,and he will be looking to see who gives him a reaction on Saturday and he will be trying to get the players he wants in or identify other Targets

Not many of us saw that result coming tonight ,Lennon however will have learnt some things tonight and lets see what he does about it

Well said, couldn't agree more.

Ronniekirk
09-08-2016, 10:19 PM

Really doesnt help and absolutely no point in it

Captain Trips
09-08-2016, 10:28 PM
I am a fan of this cup its been good to us over the years. To be knocked out in our first round not away to Celtic or Aberdeen were I could accept that but at home against a team we are more than capable of beating is a pisser.

I don't give a toss about the Brondy match I think credit was given certainly by me after it, the Brondy game or other positive results do not come into it. That tonight was piss poor and not on. Get it sorted Neil and get your act together first 11, learn and move on from this.

Hibernia&Alba
09-08-2016, 10:31 PM
Dreadful performance and result, but it's very early days and these things can happen early into the season. We'll improve when with more game time. Certainly no need to panic.

Spike Mandela
09-08-2016, 10:34 PM
Hopefully this finally puts an end to people deluding themselves that we will somehow skoosh this league with what is effectively last years squad.

The game followed the pattern of many games last year witn our inability to take advantage of possession and chances whilst always being vulnerable at the back. Being 2-1 down at home and bringing on young Harris (with respect to the young lad who may blossom) to try to change the game suggests to me the squad has went backwards not progressed.

Lenno has taken his time to assess his squad but also wasted time finding out what most of us already realised ie, it was lacking.

If we have serious ambitions of 'skooshing' this league I think we need several new quality players sooner rather than later. If we simply go with what we have and say Henderson then I think we are in for a major scrap in the league with no guarantee of first place.

emerald green
09-08-2016, 10:34 PM
Not long in from the match tonight. I don't know how anyone can seriously think Hibs can "skoosh" this league, having watched that. Certainly not on the evidence of tonight's performance. If Hibs produce many more performances like tonight's then they won't / can't.

The same old failings reappeared tonight. It has to be remembered they were at home against a bang average Championship side. One that nobody expects to be in the running to win the Championship.

No team which misses open goals, failing to take enough of the chances it creates, and also concedes goals like tonight can win a league title.

A goalkeeping gaffe for QOS 2nd goal it looked to me. The 3rd goal was a terrible goal too defensively. The defense just seemed to all be spectators in the lead up to that goal.

Very disappointing, as the feelgood factor which has been built up pre-season on top of the Scottish Cup win took a severe dent tonight. There's still a lot of work to be done at ER to get this club out of the Championship.

This should come as a reality check.

Dunbar Hibee
09-08-2016, 10:35 PM

Was it not a case of people booing the choice of sub, rather than booing Jason?

Heisenberg
09-08-2016, 10:36 PM

Maybe booing the sub? Seemed a very strange move from Lennon.

ekhibee
09-08-2016, 10:38 PM

Best post by a mile.

Hibby 2005
09-08-2016, 10:40 PM
It was a strong Hibs team which is worrying.

The Green Goblin
09-08-2016, 10:40 PM
Was it not a case of people booing the choice of sub, rather than booing Jason?

It is possible, but it's not how it "felt" at the time. Have to say I hope you are right and I got it wrong, but I'm not sure if I did.

Pretty Boy
09-08-2016, 10:41 PM
It was a strong Hibs team which is worrying.

Strongest available certainly.

Missing 2 1st pick midfielders and our soon to be 1st pick goalkeeper though. Not an excuse as such as we should still be beating teams like QotS and performing better than that.

Captain Trips
09-08-2016, 10:46 PM
These are the performances that cost us league last year and tonight shows we still are capable of them.

Hopefully now Lennon sees exactly what we are also very capable of doing at times. These perfomances will of course happen but they need reduced or we are in for a season of it.

Over to you Neil.

Jones28
09-08-2016, 10:53 PM
No we didn't. They were pish

They beat us 3-1 though, so how does that make us look? Reminded me of the Morton game they horsed us in last season. Chances missed, possession given away and 3 goals on the counter attack.

keep the faith
09-08-2016, 11:10 PM

I am in West lower and I applauded dobbie when he came on. Good player who has done well since leaving us and has fond memories of our club. I thought the small applause was a very cool thing for us to do.
By the way, he would have been a very useful signing for us.

Nicho87
09-08-2016, 11:24 PM
Glad this performance which was always going to appear once or twice in lennons early reign happened in the cup rather than saturday, trying to be positive and all.

Alfred E Newman
10-08-2016, 06:06 AM
You are making it up, nobody said prior to 9.54 we'd gone from skooshing the league to no hopers, a few unhappy but nobody saying what you posted on your original post.

Trolling and attention seeking.

Says the expert.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2016, 06:11 AM
[/B]

Says the expert.

Ah so not denying it now, just deflecting. 9.54 you posted your original post, you were making it up.

Trolling.

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2016, 06:11 AM
The board aren't getting the players in? What do you mean by that?

That our squad's weaker than last season and there's no apparent movement to get anyone in.

Maybe I'm be ing harsh on the board and Lennon's happy with what he inherited?

Thecat23
10-08-2016, 07:00 AM
That our squad's weaker than last season and there's no apparent movement to get anyone in.

Lennon has being doing a lot behind the scenes as have the board trying to agree deals with signing targets. Sadly these things can be held up by other players moving before we can get them in.

BoomtownHibees
10-08-2016, 07:02 AM
They beat us 3-1 though, so how does that make us look? Reminded me of the Morton game they horsed us in last season. Chances missed, possession given away and 3 goals on the counter attack.

It made us look pish too. We didn't make them look good though, that's what I was disputing

HappyHanlon
10-08-2016, 10:01 AM
Shouldn't have lost last night. Hopefully Lennon set about them in the dressing room.

Messed up so many chances and defence fell apart when Dobbie came on - btw, the clapping for Dobbie was pathetic (an overweight wage thief who done very little in his time at ER).

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2016, 10:11 AM
Lennon has being doing a lot behind the scenes as have the board trying to agree deals with signing targets. Sadly these things can be held up by other players moving before we can get them in.

I hope so. Hopefully we don't end the window with a panic buy day.

Thecat23
10-08-2016, 10:19 AM
I hope so. Hopefully we don't end the window with a panic buy day.

To be fair I'm the same, I'm just hoping we get the players needed in soon as possible.

JimBHibees
10-08-2016, 10:46 AM
Shouldn't have lost last night. Hopefully Lennon set about them in the dressing room.

Messed up so many chances and defence fell apart when Dobbie came on - btw, the clapping for Dobbie was pathetic (an overweight wage thief who done very little in his time at ER).

His goal in the semi v Rangers deserved the applause alone.

RoYO!
10-08-2016, 10:53 AM
I've seen "very ordinary" used to describe QOS several times. That's unfair imo. The goals they scored came from free flowing moves. Skilful and pacey. Dobbie will score plenty if he remains injury free. He's looking very fit.

Should have tied it up earlier. Plenty of gilt edged chances. mcginn off boil. Wouldn't have played Bartley- keep him for when edge and battle are needed. QOS played fairly (bar holding on Holt) they set up to play football and don't think we saw enough creativity from Hibs.

Not a dire performance tho. Enjoyed the match for the most part.

Hiber-nation
10-08-2016, 10:56 AM

That comment about Dobbie is laughable - he was just a youngster then, got his act together and had a very good career in the English Championship.

Ozymandias
10-08-2016, 11:00 AM

I see the line of the squad is weaker a lot. We've lost Stokes, Malonga and Henderson, brought in Holt so on paper probably accurate. However, they have a year of being a team - and a relatively successful one, and for the first time in years don't have an obvious muppet in the first team.

Also, no apparent move doesn't mean no move. For me, I think we'd be fine - maybe an extra striker and Hendo, but genuinely pretty relaxed despite the score last night.

bigwheel
10-08-2016, 11:04 AM

i would say booing and general dislike for most ex-players is much more pathetic, than a respectful applause ..

WeeRussell
10-08-2016, 11:15 AM
A blip, bring on the Pars.

That'll be ten years without winning the League Cup - the record could be worse :wink:

Joking aside, should never be glad to be knocked out any tournament in my opinion, but we use it to learn from and focus on our priority now - let's get tore into them on Saturday.

emerald green
10-08-2016, 11:16 AM

The bit in bold. How many times have we heard that over the course of the last couple of seasons? The fact is Hibs did lose last night, are out of the tournament, and will therefore lose out on much needed income. NL & LD will obviously not be happy about that.

The collapse in the second half last night was very reminiscent of far too many similar ones over the course of the last two seasons, and that has to be a major concern. I'm not going to list them all here. Anyone who has been paying attention will know some of the matches I'm referring to.

The sooner folk realise that Hibs are in a dog eat dog league the better. IMHO I don't think there is all that much to choose between most of the clubs in the Championship, plus some in the SPFL. They are all capable of beating each other. I've even seen / heard clubs like QOS being referred to as "lower" clubs. They are not. They are in the same league as Hibs. They may not have the same size of fanbase or stadium or training facilities, but they beat Hibs fair and square last night.

As far as Dobbie is concerned, I'll say this. As soon as he came on as a substitute Hibs seemed to fall apart. This "overweight wage thief" scored the equaliser and created QOS 3rd goal too.

As long as matches are sitting at 1-0, and opposition coaches can see that Hibs can't finish their teams off, look out for more tactical changes and results like last nights.

paddy1875
10-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Before last nights game I wasn't to fussed about the result, a win would have been great but if Hibs went out I wasint going to loose much sleep.

I took the Wee man with me, he was shattered so left just after they equalised. We didn't play great first half but we bossed it. Qos never looked like bothering us.

The second half was poor. Although still they weren't really upto much until dobbie came on. He equalised and I can't really comment much on anything after that. Iv not seen the last 2 goals.

After such decent pre season and a fantastic away win against Falkirk I thought we had changed and would get the league over and done with no problem. 2 great chances missed in the first half (Fontaine and holt) we could've been out of sight.

The same story for the past 2 years unfolded again and it's left me feeling a bit more anxious for the season ahead. 1 nil up at home and to loose the way we did...

Hopefully just a blip, but a massive performance needed on Saturday now

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2016, 12:28 PM
I don't understand anyone saying a defeat at home against QOS is in any way a good thing? Any defeat against any team in this league will always be a sore one to take.

And the argument about promotion being the main priority is a good one, but we played our best side available last night, so the manager and team were going out to win regardless of priorities.

This comfort blanket about promotion is the main aim is just another excuse some make when we lose another game we should be winning.

Attitudes need to change, losing is never a good thing.

Alfred E Newman
10-08-2016, 12:50 PM
Ah so not denying it now, just deflecting. 9.54 you posted your original post, you were making it up.

Trolling.

Nothing to deny, its not my fault if you can't read.
The original post was posted at 9.54.
The post that seems to be bugging you was posted at 10.10, almost 15 mins later.

brog
10-08-2016, 02:13 PM
We've now lost our only 2 competitive home games this season. That's one more than all of last season. This is not an attack on NL, far from it, I still expect him to come good & us to win the league. It's really only to reiterate that the onus to deliver ( where's Liam ) remains firmly with the players & some of the criticism of AS last season & NL now is IMO OTT & unwarranted. As Joni Mitchell sang, You don't know what you've got til it's gone!
PS, I never, ever want Hibs to lose a game & I'm astonished at those who take the opposite view.

ahibby
10-08-2016, 02:17 PM
Going by only the score last night, it's a poor show and should be cause for concern. Going by other Championship winning sides run in the League Cup in the two previous seasons there isn't as much concern. Last nights show adds weight to our views that we should've had more of the right players in by now. However, the League Cup must be less of a priority this year and in my view is worth sacrificing (especially when we don't have a huge pool of players we can rely on fitness wise). I am more anxious about Saturday because of last night, but if we cruise Saturday then although we will know still that we need a couple of quality players in we will also know that we can lift it for the league. An other way to look at it which is less positive is that we would expect them to lift their game on Saturday after last night.

coldingham hibs
10-08-2016, 02:39 PM
My main concern with last nights result is not the losing or getting knocked out the cup it's more the Psychological impact that the result has left. Teams will now be aware that beating us is not as difficult a challenge as it should be and rather than be wary about playing us they will now be confident that they can get a positive result. Losing to a mid table Championship side at home has certainly made life harder for us now. Just my opinion.

ahibby
10-08-2016, 02:41 PM
My main concern with last nights result is not the losing or getting knocked out the cup it's more the Psychological impact that the result has left. Teams will now be aware that beating us is not as difficult a challenge as it should be and rather than be wary about playing us they will now be confident that they can get a positive result. Losing to a mid table Championship side at home has certainly made life harder for us now. Just my opinion.

I agree and that might play in to our hands as other teams might have a go rather than sit in at ER (but I doubt it, wishful thinking).

Ozyhibby
10-08-2016, 02:45 PM

I imagine teams already knew that beating us was not that hard after last season when we lost 8 games and drew 7. Since then we have weakened our squad and most managers would recognise that and not be blinded by the fact we won the cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-08-2016, 02:45 PM
The post that seems to be bugging you was posted at 10.10, almost 15 mins later.

But you have opened yourself to the accusation that you were looking for fight. If your point was that it was disappointing , but we move on, then why did you not just say that?

pacoluna
10-08-2016, 02:46 PM
who were the supporters booing at when JC got brought off? JC because of his performance or Lennon for taking him off?

HappyAsHellas
10-08-2016, 02:53 PM
Last night should have been all about a statement of intent. Following the weekend result, a convincing win would have told all the teams in this league that you do not want to come up against us. The message we sent out loud and clear was that we still don't take our chances and kill teams off, are still weak at the back and still have a manager who won't make a substitution to change the game, but rather use them as a belated panic attack when the brown stuff hits the fan. Dunfermline will be looking forward to the weekend now, well done boys.

Fogzie
10-08-2016, 02:57 PM
who were the supporters booing at when JC got brought off? JC because of his performance or Lennon for taking him off?

I thought it would be the latter. His hold up play is getting a lot better and he even tried to cross the ball with his right foot last night.

We'll be fine when we get Dylan and Fyvie back (plus Liam). A goal-scoring Left Back would also help

Ozyhibby
10-08-2016, 02:59 PM
I thought it would be the latter. His hold up play is getting a lot better and he even tried to cross the ball with his right foot last night.

We'll be fine when we get Dylan and Fyvie back (plus Liam). A goal-scoring Left Back would also help

We still need better options for the other half of the season when they are injured though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete
10-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Dunfermline will be looking forward to the weekend now, well done boys.

This is probably the sort of stuff that the OP was getting at along with comments like "teams already knew that beating us was not that hard".

I think those initial, baseless accusations of attention seeking have more foundation elsewhere.

rcarter1
10-08-2016, 03:15 PM
i would say booing and general dislike for most ex-players is much more pathetic, than a respectful applause ..

Agreed, more respectful clapping would be good. If they are an ex Jambo then fine, its part of the pantomime, but otherwise booing comes across as cringeworthy and a bit weak.

HappyAsHellas
10-08-2016, 03:18 PM
The game last night had all the traits of games over the last two seasons, if you find that baseless it's up to you. I am not attention seeking, rather concerned about a season I was so looking forward to but now have some reservations. I really believed we could have hammered QOS last night but was left bitterly disappointed. At Falkirk we were much better, and NL has already said how important consistency will be this season, or is that baseless as well?

jacomo
10-08-2016, 03:18 PM
Last night should have been all about a statement of intent. Following the weekend result, a convincing win would have told all the teams in this league that you do not want to come up against us. The message we sent out loud and clear was that we still don't take our chances and kill teams off, are still weak at the back and still have a manager who won't make a substitution to change the game, but rather use them as a belated panic attack when the brown stuff hits the fan. Dunfermline will be looking forward to the weekend now, well done boys.

Yeah, but it's only the 2nd week of August.

If we put a run together in the League, by October no one will remember this result... the only impact will be a beneficial one, as Neil will have more time to work with the players without the distractions of a congested League Cup format.

Disappointing to be out, of course. Last season taught us that silverware is very much up for grabs, I'd love to win this one again. But it's gone, and if it is a rare off day then we can all move on quickly from it.

HappyAsHellas
10-08-2016, 03:20 PM
Here's hoping

Pete
10-08-2016, 03:28 PM
The game last night had all the traits of games over the last two seasons, if you find that baseless it's up to you. I am not attention seeking, rather concerned about a season I was so looking forward to but now have some reservations. I really believed we could have hammered QOS last night but was left bitterly disappointed. At Falkirk we were much better, and NL has already said how important consistency will be this season, or is that baseless as well?

I never actually called any of your post baseless but while we're at it, I think you need to have a bit of perspective. It wasn't good and did share some traits but it's early...far too early to be overly worried or form the opinion that Dunfermline are now licking their lips at coming here.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2016, 03:41 PM

You think way to much of yourself, nothing bugs me at all about posts on hibs.net. :confused:

I can read perfectly well, and nobody went from saying we'd skoosh this league to we are no hopers when you posted your bedwetting post at 9.54.

Trolling and attention seeking, if i'd done it i'd get the same accusation

HappyAsHellas
10-08-2016, 04:05 PM
I never actually called any of your post baseless but while we're at it, I think you need to have a bit of perspective. It wasn't good and did share some traits but it's early...far too early to be overly worried or form the opinion that Dunfermline are now licking their lips at coming here.

As I said I have some reservations..............as to Dunfermline I'm sure they'll be more confident today than they were on Sunday. Still think we can gub them if we're at our best though.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2016, 04:21 PM

Edited, i wonder why?

Alfred E Newman
10-08-2016, 04:22 PM
But you have opened yourself to the accusation that you were looking for fight. If your point was that it was disappointing , but we move on, then why did you not just say that?

I just don't understand that at all NH. Why would I be looking for a fight?
I made a comment regarding the over the top reaction to last nights result by certain posters which I found disappointing given all the positivity around the club since the cup final. OK, maybe I could have worded it better.
One of the major criticisms of the Hibs support in recent times is the speed in which they turn on the players and the club at the first opportunity . I know people are entitled to their opinion and I respect that especially after such a poor performance.
Surely I am entitled to my opinion as well though unfortunately one wind up merchant in particular seems to think that he is entitled to resort to cheap name calling if he doesn't agree but we all have come to expect that from him by now.
Maybe the answer is not to bother contributing at all, it's not worth the hassle.

Alfred E Newman
10-08-2016, 04:26 PM
Edited, i wonder why?

Spelling mistake if it's any business of yours. No wonder you have 44000 posts .

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2016, 04:28 PM
I just don't understand that at all NH. Why would I be looking for a fight?
I made a comment regarding the over the top reaction to last nights result by certain posters which I found disappointing given all the positivity around the club since the cup final. OK, maybe I could have worded it better.
One of the major criticisms of the Hibs support in recent times is the speed in which they turn on the players and the club at the first opportunity . I know people are entitled to their opinion and I respect that especially after such a poor performance.
Surely I am entitled to my opinion as well though unfortunately one wind up merchant in particular seems to think that he is entitled to resort to cheap name calling if he doesn't agree but we all have come to expect that from him by now.
Maybe the answer is not to bother contributing at all, it's not worth the hassle.

Aye thats it, turn it onto me. If you had worded the post like your edited post, there would be no long thread. But your cheap name calling has contributed to my response.

Pot and kettle.

hibsbollah
10-08-2016, 04:43 PM
What a load of pish. I think this thread demonstrates that some posters expect and DEMAND we win every game and if we don't it's some kind of flaw in our team and there has to be someone at fault. FFS we are NOT going to go through this or any season undefeated! That's old firm talk.

QOS were better than us, they made an astute signing in Dobbie (who I always liked back when he started with McManus and Scott brown in the days of Bobby Williamson), so suck it up.

snooky
10-08-2016, 04:55 PM
Sorted.....:aok:

https://www.depend.co.uk/products/men/

Alfred E Newman
10-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Aye thats it, turn it onto me. If you had worded the post like your edited post, there would be no long thread. But your cheap name calling has contributed to my response.

Pot and kettle.

I just don't understand what the hell you are on about.
Are you accusing me of changing the wording of the original post?

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2016, 05:04 PM
I just don't understand what the hell you are on about.
Are you accusing me of changing the wording of the original post?

Yes, sorry no i apologise for that. what i wont apologise for is picking you up on bringing up the bed wetters again, and causing a divide in the support when we dont need it. You made a post clearly looking to cause a divide, well i hope you are happy.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2016, 05:15 PM
What a load of pish. I think this thread demonstrates that some posters expect and DEMAND we win every game and if we don't it's some kind of flaw in our team and there has to be someone at fault. FFS we are NOT going to go through this or any season undefeated! That's old firm talk.

QOS were better than us, they made an astute signing in Dobbie (who I always liked back when he started with McManus and Scott brown in the days of Bobby Williamson), so suck it up.

I disagree, i think we should be winning most games against teams from the same league or below, but realise we wont.

What i don't think i need to hear is i'm a bed wetter, happy clapper, or a doom and gloomer if i give my opinion on any given result.

Alfred E Newman
10-08-2016, 05:20 PM
Yes

You really have a high opinion of yourself don't you.
If you think I would actually do that in response to your cheap posts then you are dafter than I thought.
I am sure several Hibs net members on here that know me personally and know how I operate will vouch for that.
I will bring your accusation to the attention of the administrators.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2016, 05:22 PM
You really have a high opinion of yourself don't you.
If you think I would actually do that in response to your cheap posts then you are dafter than I thought.
I am sure several Hibs net members on here that know me personally and know how I operate will vouch for that.
I will bring your accusation to the attention of the administrators.

Well edited, ignoring my apology. well done you.

hibsbollah
10-08-2016, 05:29 PM
:faf:

Enjoying this thoroughly

hibsbollah
10-08-2016, 05:38 PM
It really is time that fairleyoriginal Tshirt guy brought out shirts with Bedwetter Doom n Gloomer and Happy Clapper emblazoned on the front. Just so we know who we're dealing with when we start talking Hibs over a jar in a local hostelry. Two tone sleeves would be nice. Make it happen :aok:

Alfred E Newman
10-08-2016, 05:50 PM
Well edited, ignoring my apology. well done you.

Too late with your editing I'm afraid.
I have already notified administrator.

Scouse Hibee
10-08-2016, 05:52 PM
The bed wetters label is pretty pathetic really. What it really means is don't you dare post anything on here following a defeat that allows you to express how you feel about the team. I wonder if anyone walked around the pubs in Easter Road last night declaring all those in conversations on the subject as bed wetters.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2016, 05:54 PM
Too late with your editing I'm afraid.
I have already notified administrator.

Well done Lee.

cabbageandribs1875
10-08-2016, 05:58 PM
why do some posters call other posters with differing opinions a 'bed wetter' ? :confused: does it make them feel superior or whit

cabbageandribs1875
10-08-2016, 06:02 PM
The bed wetters label is pretty pathetic really. What it really means is don't you dare post anything on here following a defeat that allows you to express how you feel about the team. I wonder if anyone walked around the pubs in Easter Road last night declaring all those in conversations on the subject as bed wetters.

took the words right out of my mouth(well, my keyboard anyway) :aok: can you imagine someone saying that to a total stranger in a boozer, say it to the wrong person and they would quite possibly get a sore face :confused:

Thecat23
10-08-2016, 06:04 PM
Just read through this... Better than what's on the tv if I'm honest! Everyone involved should take a bow. 😁👍🏼

emerald green
10-08-2016, 06:11 PM
"Bed wetter" and/or "happy clapper" = two lazy and stupid labels some folk use to pin on posters whose views or opinions they disagree with.

What's the point of a fans forum if posters are put off contributing their views should they get stuck with one of these daft labels?

Pete
10-08-2016, 06:34 PM

I wouldn't do that as its a bit confrontational but if anyone who I was in conversation with came out with some of the stuff I'm reading here then I'd argue the point and ask for perspective.

I'd stop short of wearing one of those t shirts though.

Scouse Hibee
10-08-2016, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't do that as its a bit confrontational but if anyone who I was in conversation with came out with some of the stuff I'm reading here then I'd argue the point and ask for perspective.

I'd stop short of wearing one of those t shirts though.

Exactly argue or debate the point but you wouldn't just dismiss them with name calling.

Captain Trips
10-08-2016, 06:39 PM
"Bed wetter" and/or "happy clapper" = two lazy and stupid labels some folk use to pin on posters whose views or opinions they disagree with.

What's the point of a fans forum if posters are put off contributing their views should they get stuck with one of these daft labels?

Spot on, pathetic labels applied on here.

emerald green
10-08-2016, 06:42 PM
Spot on, pathetic labels applied on here.

:aok:

snooky
10-08-2016, 06:48 PM

I'm a "happy wetter" if that's any help. :duck:

Hibernia&Alba
10-08-2016, 06:49 PM

Your personal life is yer ain affair, Snooky.

emerald green
10-08-2016, 06:53 PM

Yes it is! I'm going to pin that particular label on you any time I disagree with one of your posts from now on. :greengrin

Lago
10-08-2016, 06:57 PM
Just read through this... Better than what's on the tv if I'm honest! Everyone involved should take a bow. 😁👍🏼
Nice one, but on a serious note where are Hibs on their player recruitment drive:rolleyes:

Thecat23
10-08-2016, 07:30 PM
Nice one, but on a serious note where are Hibs on their player recruitment drive:rolleyes:

I'm frustrated as much as the next supporter. Clearly the hold up with Henderson is we want to buy him. Either way I'd like to see it done asap.

Jim44
10-08-2016, 07:40 PM
I'm frustrated as much as the next supporter. Clearly the hold up with Henderson is we want to buy him. Either way I'd like to see it done asap.

I wouldn't mind waiting to see if we could get him permanently, if the loan deal was in the bag. If it's not a done deal and we are still trying to buy him, there's a chance we could even lose out on a loan. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush and we could do with him right now.

Ronniekirk
10-08-2016, 07:44 PM

Henderson Delivered The Fans have with nealy 11 000 Season Tickets snapped up Now its time for the Board to Deliver

hibbymick
10-08-2016, 08:11 PM
Well done Lee.

:faf::faf:

Dashing Bob S
10-08-2016, 08:15 PM
After yesterday my bed was so urine saturated that if I'd found Gary Locke in scuba gear in there, I wouldn't have been totally surprised.

But it seems to have dried a little. Hopefully Lenny has a word, and the club collectively learns from this bad experience.

Cup competitions tell you that unless you are 100% focused and motivated, you stand the chance of coming a cropper, and we certainly weren't in this one.

Lago
10-08-2016, 09:50 PM
:aok: