Was wretched stuff

Torn apart when Dobbie came on

Poor stuff Hibs

ShinyFantastic
09-08-2016, 08:50 PM
It was as if they weren't trying

Highland_Hibee
09-08-2016, 08:52 PM
No disrespect but if we can't brush aside teams like QotS then this is going to be a difficult title challenge.

andy1875
09-08-2016, 08:56 PM
Was wretched stuff

Torn apart when Dobbie came on

Poor stuff Hibs

It was as if they weren't trying

Exaggerations on both counts.

We were well in control at 1-0 and we should have had the game wrapped up. We missed numerous chances and although Dobbie did well he came on, he didn't tear us apart.

The keeper had a stinker for their second and the third was a decent move.

Disapointed yes but its a different game completely if we go 2-0 up.

No excuses now, full concentration on the league and learn to take chances otherwise you leave yourself open to results like tonight.

cleanyman
09-08-2016, 08:58 PM
Exaggerations on both counts.

We were well in control at 1-0 and we should have had the game wrapped up. We missed numerous chances and although Dobbie did well he came on, he didn't tear us apart.

The keeper had a stinker for their second and the third was a
decent move.

Disapointed yes but its a different game completely if we go 2-0 up.

No excuses now, full concentration on the league and learn to take chances otherwise you leave yourself open to results like tonight.

I disagree.

Hibs took the foot off the gas and were punished.

Slow... Ponderous and too many hoofs.

It was wretched

andy1875
09-08-2016, 09:01 PM
I disagree.

Hibs took the foot off the gas and were punished.

Slow... Ponderous and too many hoofs.

It was wretched

Yes, I agree we werent great second half and like i said, missed a good few chances but to say Dobbie ripped us apart was in my opinion, a bit of an exaggeration.

cleanyman
09-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Yes, I agree we werent great second half and like i said, missed a good few chances but to say Dobbie ripped us apart was in my opinion, a bit of an exaggeration.
Yeah, fair enough

Pretty Boy
09-08-2016, 09:17 PM
When Holt tired/went off the boil we seemed to fall apart. He was at the centre of everything we did in the 1st half going forward, for whatever reason it didn't happen in the 2nd and we were grim.

Looking forward to having Fyvie and McGeough back to add a bit drive and dig.

ancient hibee
09-08-2016, 09:21 PM
Surely if we learned one thing last season it was that three guys passing the ball around aimlessly at the back while the opponents pull everyone back and wait is not the best way to win a game.

gaz1875
09-08-2016, 09:44 PM
When Holt tired/went off the boil we seemed to fall apart. He was at the centre of everything we did in the 1st half going forward, for whatever reason it didn't happen in the 2nd and we were grim.

Looking forward to having Fyvie and McGeough back to add a bit drive and dig.

I was surprised Holt was subbed, he was holding the ball up and was winning free kicks, he did miss three good chances though but was keeping us up field. We lacked pace and width big time, even in the first half I thought we we very ponderous at times.

Onion
09-08-2016, 10:07 PM
Hibs were head and shoulders better the QOS for first 60 mins. Their goal was charmed and they had no right too win that match. But fair play, they got out of jail, scored a couple of goals (one courtesy of our keeper) and progressed.

Now someone at ER needs to tell Lennon that's what it's been like for much of the past 2 season. We cannot afford for him to find out through experience over the course of the season.

Now, all efforts can go into our league campaign, starting Saturday. We need to impose ourselves on the likes of DAFC and QOS and show them who's going to win this league and that all the rest are playing for PO places.

eastcoasthibby
09-08-2016, 10:37 PM
i thought when we were switched on and at it we were good in the first hour, but amidst that period, we were very also slack/casual with our passing that didn't help in killing them off.

what changed the match for them I thought was the sub Robertson ! who came on and had a go at Gray right away for the first goal, his positioning and willingness to get forward with the ball, meant for me dominated their left side when he came on and did probably more than Dobbie.

Gray wasn't up to much tonight neither was Stevenson.....starting position for Gray was too high up the park for me... was easy to mark and left no space to go onto ..... anyway game over lets see what we have learned going into Saturday ...

Vini1875
10-08-2016, 07:20 AM
The worst thing about it was how predictable it was. We go one up and almost just sit on that lead. We do not kill teams off, and lose urgency. Yes we still create chances or half chances but we seem to take the foot off the pedal and become very cautious.

Last season we were very guilty of creating but not scoring and last night was same again. To me it looked like once QOS drew level they upped their game and we had no answer. Brutal.

hughio
10-08-2016, 08:05 AM
The worst thing about it was how predictable it was. We go one up and almost just sit on that lead. We do not kill teams off, and lose urgency. Yes we still create chances or half chances but we seem to take the foot off the pedal and become very cautious.

Last season we were very guilty of creating but not scoring and last night was same again. To me it looked like once QOS drew level they upped their game and we had no answer. Brutal.

Sorry to say I am in total agreement.
I fully expected NL to cure this malaise with his mere presence.
:confused:

JDHibs
10-08-2016, 08:10 AM
2 substitutions killed us.

The lad who came on for Hamil, and Dobbie.

Left back set up their 2nd and 3rd and Dobbies movement was top notch. Didnt help Laidlaws howler for the 2nd, should never have came for that ball.

But once again, not taking our chances ruined us and gave them hope. 3 glorious chances to get a 2nd and fluffed them all. We need back up for Holt as he was brilliant in the first half but faded badly. We have nothing to change the game if Lennon insists on starting Keats, Cummings and Holt, we either need to buy a no10 or buy 2 strikers.

Sir David Gray
10-08-2016, 12:38 PM
We should have been out of sight at half time and it's disappointing that the wastefulness in front of goal has reared its ugly head again.

The second half was pish and inexcusable. Big lessons to be learned ahead of the rest of the league campaign.