PDA

View Full Version : The Referee

SouthMoroccoStu
09-08-2016, 08:44 PM
Another season and an other clueless official

He started well but lost the plot never to recover after book Gray for his first challenge

No consistency what so ever

Why he didn't send off Hamill was a mystery?

Stopping play for non head injuries too

Slim Shady
09-08-2016, 09:26 PM
Doesn't have to be a head injury to stop the game. At the time I thought the player had a serious knee injury as well although was more concerned McGinn didn't spring up quickly.

I thought Hamill was unlucky to be cautioned for the first. Wish he hadn't. Was our best player. He went off and it caused us problems.

First half we should've been out of sight - ref was of no blame for tonight.

hibby6270
09-08-2016, 10:56 PM
Doesn't have to be a head injury to stop the game. At the time I thought the player had a serious knee injury as well although was more concerned McGinn didn't spring up quickly.

I thought Hamill was unlucky to be cautioned for the first. Wish he hadn't. Was our best player. He went off and it caused us problems.

First half we should've been out of sight - ref was of no blame for tonight.

Sadly, have to agree with Slim Shady. Ref may have had a few strange decisions but none of them cost us the game. Our usual downfall of not converting chances done for us again. That coupled with some questionable defending and a keeper howler were the reasons we got beat. Simples!!

Nicho87
09-08-2016, 11:26 PM
In engerland if a player recievea treatment he now doesnt have to leave the field, have we not followed this change of rule then im guessing

HibeesLA
09-08-2016, 11:36 PM
In engerland if a player recievea treatment he now doesnt have to leave the field, have we not followed this change of rule then im guessing

The rule isn't just in England. IFAB has brought this in for season 2016/2017. The difference is that a player need not leave the field after treatment if the other player is cautioned or sent off.

monktonharp
10-08-2016, 12:19 AM
Err, I thought the ref was a bit o' a tit. sorry, but Hamill should have walked . apart from that, his decisions later on in the game fell into the hands of the team with the most goals:rolleyes: he stopped play with no head injuries, he allowed players to give it back (fans applaud) when actually we were in possession, and should have been allowed to carry on as they were not actually heid injuries and this got worse as the end of the match insued.

greenlex
10-08-2016, 12:29 AM
Thought he did fine for the most part other than a second yellow for Hamill and stopping the game to talk to players and the bench

monktonharp
10-08-2016, 12:54 AM
Thought he did fine for the most part other than a second yellow for Hamill and stopping the game to talk to players and the benchso, Hamill should have walked/ does that mean he was fine? chatting to other players, aye. all part of the game I suppose:rolleyes:

monktonharp
10-08-2016, 12:58 AM
Sadly, have to agree with Slim Shady. Ref may have had a few strange decisions but none of them cost us the game. Our usual downfall of not converting chances done for us again. That coupled with some questionable defending and a keeper howler were the reasons we got beat. Simples!!the keeper howler wiz a sair yin. the ref was still a tit

greenlex
10-08-2016, 02:11 AM
so, Hamill should have walked/ does that mean he was fine? chatting to other players, aye. all part of the game I suppose:rolleyes:
Aye Ive said he should have walked but that aside he was fine. Is that difficult for you to get your head round? I prefer they talk to players at natural stops in the game rather than stopping the game to do it. He did t do that.
He rightly played advantage for us at one point and the play raged on for a good few minutes before the ball was actually not in play. He then booked the boy for the challenge. It took several minutes and he gets my praise for that too. Far from the worst ref I've seen by a long way.

Forza Fred
10-08-2016, 02:37 AM
Game 2 and we are blaming referees!

Gonna be a long season.....EVERY game there will be differing viewpoints to a referee's decision,get used to it.

Personally as soon as Gray slid into the tackle I immediately thought it was a yellow card....first tackle or 94th tackle, makes no difference.

And yes, Hamill should have been yellow carded when he clattered into Gray and as a result took an early bath.....but then....As a former Socceroo coach told me what he told his players ....."don't waste your energy or get upset by decisions that go against you...if you expect nothing from the ref...you won't be disappointed"

BoomtownHibees
10-08-2016, 06:04 AM
He wasn't to blame but what I noticed was he kept getting in the way, stopping us from playing certain passes. He needed to take a step back from the play a bit to allow it to flow

jax67
10-08-2016, 06:09 AM
The ref was pish!! I don't know how many times Holty was fouled before getting a free kick, Gray was booked for nowt, Hamilton was a definite red.

itslegaltender
10-08-2016, 07:12 AM
The Gray tackle deserved a booking. He does have a tendency for some poor rash tackles in places on the field it's not required.

green day
10-08-2016, 07:16 AM
The Gray tackle deserved a booking. He does have a tendency for some poor rash tackles in places on the field it's not required.

Perhaps but it was deserved, but IIRC it was his first tackle.

Their big number 4 should have been off for the kick on Holt and was booked 2 mins later.

The wee ex hearts fanny had two bookable challenges on Gray and was booked once.

Arguably they should have been down to 9 men.

I am not moaning about the result, we were honking 2nd half and deserved to lose for not taking chances - but you just want consistency.

confused
10-08-2016, 07:20 AM

Gonna be a long season.....EVERY game there will be differing viewpoints to a referee's decision,get used to it.

Personally as soon as Gray slid into the tackle I immediately thought it was a yellow card....first tackle or 94th tackle, makes no difference.

And yes, Hamill should have been yellow carded when he clattered into Gray and as a result took an early bath.....but then....As a former Socceroo coach told me what he told his players ....."don't waste your energy or get upset by decisions that go against you...if you expect nothing from the ref...you won't be disappointed"
100% in agreement, now that makes a change ,----no argument ?

staunchhibby
10-08-2016, 07:51 AM
Referee not to blame for us getting done over.Again only ourselves to blame.

confused
10-08-2016, 07:53 AM

Ozymandias
10-08-2016, 07:59 AM
Err, I thought the ref was a bit o' a tit. sorry, but Hamill should have walked . apart from that, his decisions later on in the game fell into the hands of the team with the most goals:rolleyes: he stopped play with no head injuries, he allowed players to give it back (fans applaud) when actually we were in possession, and should have been allowed to carry on as they were not actually heid injuries and this got worse as the end of the match insued.

There is no requirement for an injury to be a head injury. The ref can stop the game for any injury he deems to be serious or warrant attention.

For drop balls the ref is explicitly under direction not to direct players to return the ball or play on. That is the teams decision.

He may have made some wrong calls but these examples don't hold up to scrutiny I'm afraid.

Forza Fred
10-08-2016, 08:20 AM

No idea whether you have agreed, or disagreed with any or all of my previous posts.......that is why we come on here...to exchange our views.

I couldn't tell you who talks psih or not...it's the content of the post I agree or disagree with...regardless of the poster.