PDA

View Full Version : Ft Hibs 1 v 3 QotS

Pages : 1 [2]

Danderhall Hibs
09-08-2016, 09:07 PM
They don't have the pace to make up the lack of pace by our current defence.

Any team with a speedy forward will cut us apart. FACT

They don't but they must cover for them or something cos the fact is we're a lot worse without them.

Mango Man
What a weird performance that was!!

We were looking good first half, but when we missed those 2 really good chances,(Holt, Fonts) I had a funny feeling we would get suckerpunched, like many times last season.

A good few players seemed out of sorts, midfield wasn't right at all, quicker we get Dylan and Fyvie back, the better.

Chin up.

SaulGoodman
Well that was something

RedHibby
09-08-2016, 09:08 PM
IMHO, I can see us struggling against Dunfermline on Saturday and if we lose that one I think Lennon will be under immense pressure. I want promotion like any other fan but I don't think this team is going to do it. I hope I am proved wrong.

hhibs
09-08-2016, 09:09 PM
It's almost as if you're gloating.

Anyway, this is the league cup.

Not sure he is though,he did predict EXACTLY what would happen and he was right and if you remember boy did he get some abuse for it.

Np joy in this just feeling once again we have not moved on ......hopefully that is only yet.

Danderhall Hibs
09-08-2016, 09:09 PM
Playing 2 full backs as wingers and squandering chances. Is this a new season?

Big_Franck
09-08-2016, 09:12 PM
Similar to so many games last season. We'll not get promoted playing with Stevenson and Gray as our two main attacking outlets. I can't remember the last time we signed a goalscoring midfielder either.

mcfly
09-08-2016, 09:13 PM
IMHO, I can see us struggling against Dunfermline on Saturday and if we lose that one I think Lennon will be under immense pressure. I want promotion like any other fan but I don't think this team is going to do it. I hope I am proved wrong.

Get a grip mate!!!

We've played 1 league game and u don't think we will get promotion.

Oh dear

Finn2015
09-08-2016, 09:14 PM
When are Mcgeouch and fygie back?

Big_Franck
09-08-2016, 09:16 PM

McGeouch should be back on sat and Fyvie restarts training next week.

Glory Lurker
09-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Will we ever have one season where Hibs don't do anything really annoying?

Finn2015
09-08-2016, 09:17 PM
McGeouch should be back on sat and Fyvie restarts training next week.

Thanks mate 👍

Danderhall Hibs
09-08-2016, 09:18 PM
Will we ever have one season where Hibs don't do anything really annoying?

We'd have to win the treble to do that wouldn't we? Can't see it in that case.

hibsdaft
Very familiar script tonight. One nil up against Championship diddies and all comfortable.

Problem is, these teams only need one goal and they step up big time, and we start either getting nervy, trying too hard or just losing the plot altogether.

Reminded me of the Morton 3-0 game.

Pete
Not sure he is though,he did predict EXACTLY what would happen and he was right and if you remember boy did he get some abuse for it.

Np joy in this just feeling once again we have not moved on ......hopefully that is only yet.

He predicted what exactly?

:confused:

Thecat23
09-08-2016, 09:20 PM

Eh? Lennon under immense pressure if we lose on sat? You are having a laugh surely? Hibs will piss this league I was there tonight and I'm certainly not worried about our league form.

Glory Lurker
09-08-2016, 09:21 PM
We'd have to win the treble to do that wouldn't we? Can't see it in that case.

Well you're no fun, are you? :greengrin

noz
09-08-2016, 09:23 PM

My mate and I walked passed DM to our seats before the game and he asked him, he said " should be ok for Saturday"

RedHibby
09-08-2016, 09:25 PM
Get a grip mate!!!

We've played 1 league game and u don't think we will get promotion.

Oh dear

It is not based on one game it is based on two seasons of mediocrity and nothing much has changed. If the team showed the passion and heart that they showed in the SC Final for every game this conversation would not be happening.

Finn2015
My mate and I walked passed DM to our seats before the game and he asked him, he said " should be ok for Saturday"

Cheers mate

Will be interesting to hear what Lennon says after this

Edson Arantes
Eh? Lennon under immense pressure if we lose on sat? You are having a laugh surely? Hibs will piss this league I was there tonight and I'm certainly not worried about our league form.

League form?

One game won at Falkirk.

Chuffed on Saturday but tonight...

Beat Dunfermline and I'm back, lose and it's the usual Hibs again I hate to say.

:cb

calumhibee1
09-08-2016, 09:26 PM
Very familiar script tonight. One nil up against Championship diddies and all comfortable.

Problem is, these teams only need one goal and they step up big time, and we start either getting nervy, trying too hard or just losing the plot altogether.

Reminded me of the Morton 3-0 game.

That's exactly what it reminded me of aswell. End of the day we were still the better team over the piece but we shot ourselves in the foot. Its not a result that's made me less confident of winning this league.

Pete
09-08-2016, 09:28 PM
It is not based on one game it is based on two seasons of mediocrity and nothing much has changed. If the team showed the passion and heart that they showed in the SC Final for every game this conversation would not be happening.

I don't know who you've been watching the last two seasons.

ancient hibee
09-08-2016, 09:28 PM

Doubt it it from what I was told.Long term injury recurring all the time and having an effect on surrounding muscles.Unlikely to ever fully recover complete mobility.Will have to be managed with frequent absences.Pity.

gogsy23
09-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Strangr game very comfy 1st half should have been 3 up easy, i feel we dont need bartley playing as deep, play was very slow and laboured. Cummings needs to play quicker he holds on to the ball far too long so the runs of his team mates are pointless. He done it 4/5 times much to holts annoyance.

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-08-2016, 09:32 PM
McGeoch is turning into a poor signing. He doesn't play enough to cement his place in the team.
Ha a cracking midfielder but obviously can't stay fit. Don't have the same concerns with Fyvie as his injury was bad luck.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

hibsdaft
09-08-2016, 09:34 PM
Strangr game very comfy 1st half should have been 3 up easy, i feel we dont need bartley playing as deep, play was very slow and laboured. Cummings needs to play quicker he holds on to the ball far too long so the runs of his team mates are pointless. He done it 4/5 times much to holts annoyance.

Agree with both points there. Can see why he put Bartley in but Martin's urgency would have been useful tonight (in McGeochs absence). Bartley is a player better suited to our away games IMO when the onus is not all on us.

Cummings not the only one guilty of taking too many touches tonight.

mcfly
09-08-2016, 09:34 PM
Honestly reading these pages some folk need to get a grip.

We will get the new goalie playing soon, I'm sure there will be others.

matty_f
09-08-2016, 09:35 PM
3 or 4 New faces needed urgently.

Can I have one, please?

ancient hibee
09-08-2016, 09:37 PM
McGinn looked very tired,should have been replaced at half time.

Thecat23
09-08-2016, 09:37 PM
League form?

One game won at Falkirk.

Beat Dunfermline and I'm back, lose and it's the usual Hibs again I hate to say.

Exactly we went to the hardest place in the league and got 3 points. We will win this league so yeah I'm not worried about it. A one off cup game were QOS were clinical nothing more nothing less is different.

Not happy we're out but I'm not overly bothered either.

SaulGoodman
09-08-2016, 09:38 PM

Ding ding ding

Who had "mediocrity" in the Hibs.net after a defeat bingo?

Thecat23
09-08-2016, 09:38 PM
Can I have one, please?

This really made me laugh for some reason 😂😂

Pete
09-08-2016, 09:39 PM
League form?

One game won at Falkirk.

"Usual hibs"?

WTF does that mean?

That's some attitude you've got mate. If I find myself in the trenches I'll not bother calling you.

green day
09-08-2016, 09:43 PM
Exactly we went to the hardest place in the league and got 3 points. We will win this league so yeah I'm not worried about it. A one off cup game were QOS were clinical nothing more nothing less is different.

Not happy we're out but I'm not overly bothered either.

And we're not the only "big" team to go out tonight.

Both Jags out to lower league teams. We were poor, and I'm fairly sure Lennon will have us up for Saturday.

If we have Dylan back it will make all the difference.

Thecat23
09-08-2016, 09:43 PM
"Usual hibs"?

WTF does that mean?

That's some attitude you've got mate. If I find myself in the trenches I'll not bother calling you.

"He only comes when we're winning
Comes when we're winning...
He only comes when we're winning!!!

😁

Thecat23
09-08-2016, 09:45 PM
And we're not the only "big" team to go out tonight.

Both Jags out to lower league teams. We were poor, and I'm fairly sure Lennon will have us up for Saturday.

If we have Dylan back it will make all the difference.

Exactly, the league cup can wait and many on this board were also saying last season they would take a loss in this cup if it meant a stronger chance of promotion.

Roll on Sat.

gogsy23
09-08-2016, 09:46 PM
Agree cummings wasnt the only one was just prob in the most noticable part of the pitch. Agree with another that mcginn looked very tired. Gotta love holts work rate tho. He was the one back trying to defend their 1st goal. Gives 110%.

Agree with both points there. Can see why he put Bartley in but Martin's urgency would have been useful tonight (in McGeochs absence). Bartley is a player better suited to our away games IMO when the onus is not all on us.

Cummings not the only one guilty of taking too many touches tonight.

Edson Arantes
09-08-2016, 09:49 PM
"Usual hibs"?

WTF does that mean?

Cool.

Take it whatever way you like. I love the Hibs but they do have a knack of kicking us in the teeth don't they?

No way should we have lost that yin the night. No way.

mcfly
09-08-2016, 09:50 PM
"Usual hibs"?

WTF does that mean?

👍👍

Real Emerald
09-08-2016, 09:53 PM
That formation did not work. Stevenson and Gray are not wingers and playing with only two recognised midfielders was asking for trouble.

That was the problem, once they sussed us we had no midfield and John McGinn was really poor, he looked well off the pace tonight for some reason. in the second half we were getting caught on the break all the time. Thought he would have changed it earlier TBH and put 4 in midfield.

It's not easy losing Fyvie, Mcgeouch and Henderson from your midfield all at once. Our bench didn't look very strong and this is a concern for me. The squad at present has gone backwards from last year and is still showing the same traits that dogged us for the last two seasons. Despite people being happy with what we have I'm not so sure. It was very worrying how they turned things round and we had no answers despite again missing a load of chances particularly in the first half.

I only hope it sends a message to all involved that this is not going to be any easier than last year. We have to take our chances and stop throwing games away when we have control.

Being out of the cup is only a good thing if you actually win the league, otherwise it's another lost revenue opportunity.

No panic but a lesson learned, I hope. :aok:

Edson Arantes
09-08-2016, 09:55 PM
"He only comes when we're winning
Comes when we're winning...
He only comes when we're winning!!!

😁

Wrong on every angle there. My birthday today, maybe a wee bit drunk, but we should have beaten QOTS at home tonight. How am I wrong?

The hammer throwers will lose in Perth tomorrow but it won't make it right for me what happened tonight.

Anyway, happy birthday to me :flag::flag:

ps. We'll beat Dunfy on the weekend.

Pete
09-08-2016, 09:57 PM
I love the Hibs but they do have a knack of kicking us in the teeth don't they?

I love hibs too and to be honest, I don't think like that any more.

Was May not enough to change your way of thinking regarding any negative traits attached to the club?

Pete
09-08-2016, 09:58 PM
Wrong on every angle there. My birthday today, maybe a wee bit drunk, but we should have beaten QOTS at home tonight. How am I wrong?

The hammer throwers will lose in Perth tomorrow but it won't make it right for me what happened tonight.

Happy birthday to you
Squashed tomatoes and stew
Bread and butter
In the gutter
Happy birthday to you

Thecat23
09-08-2016, 09:59 PM

Happy birthday btw, the comment was firmly tongue in cheek I've a crap sense of humour I know!!

Right back to the game, yes I thought it's a game we should have won. I don't think we'll lose on sat and this result could well be a blessing in disguise. Force signings in sooner rather than later.

But I do hope you were joking when you said you would be back only if we beat Dunfermline?

Edson Arantes
09-08-2016, 10:00 PM
Happy birthday to you
Squashed tomatoes and stew
Bread and butter
In the gutter
Happy birthday to you

Thank you so much. :thumbsup:

Edson Arantes
09-08-2016, 10:04 PM
Happy birthday btw, the comment was firmly tongue in cheek I've a crap sense of humour I know!!

Right back to the game, yes I thought it's a game we should have won. I don't think we'll lose on sat and this result could well be a blessing in disguise. Force signings in sooner rather than later.

But I do hope you were joking when you said you would be back only if we beat Dunfermline?

Of course I was joking!

Thanks Cat for the birthday comment. Really appreciate that.

:thumbsup:

GGTTH :flag:

Thecat23
09-08-2016, 10:05 PM
Of course I was joking!

Thanks Cat for the birthday comment. Really appreciate that.

:thumbsup:

GGTTH :flag:

Good man, now away and get pissed! 👍🏼👍🏼

pacoluna
09-08-2016, 10:15 PM
I thought Lennon would have made changes sooner than he did, A lot of players weren't at the races today including McGinn, we lacked width and pace. Game was over if Holt tucked away that sitter.

Onion
09-08-2016, 10:17 PM
That was the problem, once they sussed us we had no midfield and John McGinn was really poor, he looked well off the pace tonight for some reason. in the second half we were getting caught on the break all the time. Thought he would have changed it earlier TBH and put 4 in midfield.

It's not easy losing Fyvie, Mcgeouch and Henderson from your midfield all at once. Our bench didn't look very strong and this is a concern for me. The squad at present has gone backwards from last year and is still showing the same traits that dogged us for the last two seasons. Despite people being happy with what we have I'm not so sure. It was very worrying how they turned things round and we had no answers despite again missing a load of chances particularly in the first half.

I only hope it sends a message to all involved that this is not going to be any easier than last year. We have to take our chances and stop throwing games away when we have control.

Being out of the cup is only a good thing if you actually win the league, otherwise it's another lost revenue opportunity.

No panic but a lesson learned, I hope. :aok:

Good post. Maybe Lennon will now ask others at ER if this propensity to dominate matches without winning is unusual or been a Hibs trait for the last 2 seasons. Wake up call, ignore at your peril.

Bishop Hibee
09-08-2016, 10:27 PM
Ok first half, poor second. Too many players off the pace. Any other season I'd be going mad but given that it's all about winning the league I'm prepared to write it of as a blip and with McGeoch back on Saturday and playing at a higher tempo and taking our chances we will beat Dunfermline.

Food for thought for Lennon though.

RIP
09-08-2016, 11:43 PM
Beaten by a pacer side whose manager spotted Gray out of position and murdered us second half down that wing. Tactically naive from Lennon

NAE NOOKIE
10-08-2016, 12:22 AM
We largely controlled the first half and should have scored more than one goal, QOTS offered very little and there wasn't much going on that made it look like we had anything to worry about. In the 2nd half we just allowed them too many opportunities to break and we were getting caught on our right so often even my sister in law at her 2nd ever football match pointed it out.

We were too pedestrian at times, which was a real surprise considering how we have played in pre season and against Brondby ..... It was all very reminiscent of the Morton game last year. There wasn't a player who was totally on it tonight, though I would give Keatings a pass, MOM for me, if we had one. Whatever went wrong, we need to get back on track big time on Saturday and there is no doubt we need McGeouch and Fyvie back as soon as possible. There is no lack of character in this team, there wasn't last season, or the season before that and there isn't this season either ... anybody who says there is is talking bollox. We are capable of a bad performance, but we never lose because we haven't tried.

Is it an advantage to go out this early in the context of our league campaign? that remains to be seen I suppose, but we need a much improved performance on Saturday, play well, win that game and this game becomes a blip ...... here's hoping :greengrin

monktonharp
10-08-2016, 12:26 AM
Honestly reading these pages some folk need to get a grip.

We will get the new goalie playing soon, I'm sure there will be others.:agree:

monktonharp
10-08-2016, 12:50 AM
IMHO, I can see us struggling against Dunfermline on Saturday and if we lose that one I think Lennon will be under immense pressure. I want promotion like any other fan but I don't think this team is going to do it. I hope I am proved wrong.ok then Red. I am not of the.....we will skoosh this league brigade, but we did enough in the first half to win against Queeens. we also somehow missed a couple of real chances in the second half, before they got number 2. I never said we'd be out in front easily but I do believe we can win on Saturday. Mc Ginn had one of his poorest performances last night, and despite someone saying he looked tired I don't think that. he was just pish last night...... he wont do many like that. we have a very capable squad and will win more than we loose. we will be at the fighting end, come May.. thanks for spreading your good thoughts, about us getting humped on Saturday and also do let us know which manager you think will fill the void of Neil, just after he comes under immense pressure.gie the guy a bloody break! he only started a couple o' weeks ago.:na na:

Super_JMcGinn
10-08-2016, 08:58 AM
Whilst I of course want us to win everything, I am in a very perverse way "glad" (poor choice of word!) we are out of this cup already. I want the league to be our pure focus this season, especially given we are all still basking in the ever-glow of the Scottish Cup win. Know I will probably get torn apart for this but last season we simply had too many games.

I think most sensible Hibs fans think the same Spaceman, of course we want to win everything but anyone who says our cup runs last season didn't affect our league form is deluding themselves. We're out the ' wee cup ' but roll on a reaction and another 3 points on Saturday, if we get that then all good and well.

We were punished for not taking at least 2 gilt edged chances in the first half, it's happened to way better teams than us in the past and will happen again.

We still have the Scottish cup remember :wink:

H18 SFR
10-08-2016, 01:51 PM
Just watched the highlight, absolute school boy defending - horrific.

However, we made enough clear cut chances to win three games. I'm confident this is a blip and a timely kick up the erse, if we beat the Pars it will hopefully signal the start of a long run of victories in the league.

Itsnoteasy
10-08-2016, 02:13 PM
ok then Red. I am not of the.....we will skoosh this league brigade, but we did enough in the first half to win against Queeens. we also somehow missed a couple of real chances in the second half, before they got number 2. I never said we'd be out in front easily but I do believe we can win on Saturday. Mc Ginn had one of his poorest performances last night, and despite someone saying he looked tired I don't think that. he was just pish last night...... he wont do many like that. we have a very capable squad and will win more than we loose. we will be at the fighting end, come May.. thanks for spreading your good thoughts, about us getting humped on Saturday and also do let us know which manager you think will fill the void of Neil, just after he comes under immense pressure.gie the guy a bloody break! he only started a couple o' weeks ago.:na na:

Same happened last season. We would murder teams & not score. Looks like our shots to goals ratio could be a repeat of last season. Think it was 8 shots to 1 goal. Opposition was 3 shots to 1 goal.

H18 SFR
10-08-2016, 03:35 PM
Same happened last season. We would murder teams & not score. Looks like our shots to goals ratio could be a repeat of last season. Think it was 8 shots to 1 goal. Opposition was 3 shots to 1 goal.

Once we have a good keeper (hopefully Marciano is that very man), we will surely be stronger?

Michael
10-08-2016, 03:39 PM
Once we have a good keeper (hopefully Marciano is that very man), we will surely be stronger?

Not sure he'll be able to match Oxley for clinical finishing.

H18 SFR
10-08-2016, 04:15 PM
Not sure he'll be able to match Oxley for clinical finishing.

He completed his military service, I hear he is superb with a rifle or a pistol, fingers crossed he is indeed clinical.