PDA

View Full Version : Ticket pods tomorrow night

onlyonesauzee4
08-08-2016, 05:20 PM
Evening

Does anyone know whether the usual ticket pods will be in operation tomorrow night? Cheers

HibbyAndy
08-08-2016, 05:21 PM
Pretty sure there will be in the East mate

StevieCowan
08-08-2016, 05:29 PM
Evening

Does anyone know whether the usual ticket pods will be in operation tomorrow night? Cheers

Don't take this the wrong way but you obviously have Internet access so why wouldn't you use the print at home option?

HibbyAndy
08-08-2016, 05:30 PM
Don't take this the wrong way but you obviously have Internet access so why wouldn't you use the print at home option?

He might no have a printer ?

monktonharp
08-08-2016, 05:30 PM
why not? they want people's cash and they need supporters. helps the atmosphere

Jones28
08-08-2016, 05:31 PM

Probably like myself he hasn't got a printer?

NAE NOOKIE
08-08-2016, 05:40 PM
FF and East pods are open for pretty well every home game ... I certainly cant remember a cup game where they weren't, anyway they had bloody better be coz that's where I'm getting my ticket :greengrin

There was a bit of a foul up at the Birmingham City game at the East pod ..... a lot of folk, myself included missed the first 10 to 15 minutes because, bizarrely, they ran out of tickets .... at least that's what I was told.

Hermit Crab
08-08-2016, 05:42 PM

He might no have a printer ?

You don't need a printer. Any smart phone can be scanned at the turnstile with the barcode showing.

monktonharp
08-08-2016, 05:54 PM
You don't need a printer. Any smart phone can be scanned at the turnstile with the barcode showing.get wi the programme , man. not everyone in the world lets their life revolve around mobile phones, PC's , Google etc etc. some prefer what they always had until the world went mad with electronics.

Dashing Bob S
08-08-2016, 05:56 PM
get wi the programme , man. not everyone in the world lets their life revolve around mobile phones, PC's , Google etc etc. some prefer what they always had until the world went mad with electronics.

I like the human contact with real people at the ticket office and the pods. I like it so much that I now have a restraining order placed on me and am forced to go online for such transactions.

Jones28
08-08-2016, 06:07 PM
I like the human contact with real people at the ticket office and the pods. I like it so much that I now have a restraining order placed on me and am forced to go online for such transactions.

😂😂

Jones28
08-08-2016, 06:07 PM
You don't need a printer. Any smart phone can be scanned at the turnstile with the barcode showing.

Didn't know that HC, literally thought it was print at home! 👍

Brightside
08-08-2016, 06:08 PM

just show the barcode on your phone.

Hermit Crab
08-08-2016, 06:20 PM
get wi the programme , man. not everyone in the world lets their life revolve around mobile phones, PC's , Google etc etc. some prefer what they always had until the world went mad with electronics.

You mean old ****s like you :greengrin

superfurryhibby
08-08-2016, 06:38 PM
You mean old ****s like you :greengrin

Your failing to grasp the multi tasking complexities of:

Remembering to bring the phone

Ensuring it's charged

Having to bring yer specs to see the tiny keys, made even harder after a few pre match Libations

Having a signal

Having to present an e-mail to an unmanned scanner. In fact This particular anxiety would prey on my mind all day, worrying if it'll work etc, thus reducing my sense of inner well being and decreasing my overall productivity.

**** it, Ah'll be buying tickets at lunchtime . Working at Craigentinny anyway!

HibbyAndy
08-08-2016, 06:48 PM

Ensuring it's charged

Having to bring yer specs to see the tiny keys, made even harder after a few pre match Libations

Having a signal

Having to present an e-mail to an unmanned scanner. In fact This particular anxiety would prey on my mind all day, worrying if it'll work etc, thus reducing my sense of inner well being and decreasing my overall productivity.

:agree:

My ****ing luck it wouldn't scan !!!!!

StevieCowan
08-08-2016, 06:59 PM
If I were Hibs I wouldn't even have manned ticket pods.

We should be installing several automated ticket machines (same as you get in train stations or tram stops) and ensure that it only accepts cards. Select your seat, insert card and boom it prints out.

The machines would pay for themselves in no time by reducing the cost of sales staff and the cost of collecting, storing and transporting the cash.

I'd also look at having one which just sits inside the club shop all the time or an external one, like a cash machine, which could be used 24/7. There's a c.£25k pa saving there already as you could reduce the number of ticket office staff by one.

BoomtownHibees
08-08-2016, 07:00 PM

We should be installing several automated ticket machines (same as you get in train stations or tram stops) and ensure that it only accepts cards. Select your seat, insert card and boom it prints out.

The machines would pay for themselves in no time by reducing the cost of sales staff and the cost of collecting, storing and transporting the cash.

I'd also look at having one which just sits inside the club shop all the time or an external one, like a cash machine, which could be used 24/7. There's a c.£25k pa saving there already as you could reduce the number of ticket office staff by one.

What if someone wanted to pay in cash?

Andy74
08-08-2016, 07:04 PM

Ensuring it's charged

Having a signal

You don't need a signal. Save the pdf to the phone or even take a picture of it.

You still need to present a picture of a barcode to an unmanned turnstile with the paper ticket you pick up at the pod. There's as much chance of that not scanning.

StevieCowan
08-08-2016, 07:07 PM
What if someone wanted to pay in cash?

I'd make them stand in a big queue whilst they watch everyone else using the ticketing machines..the next week they'll bring their bank card :aok:

SunshineOnLeith
08-08-2016, 07:23 PM

Wouldn't go this far but it's REALLY annoying that you can't pay by card at the pods/anywhere other than the ticket office, where there's invariably a massive queue of people wanting all sorts sorted out at 14:55 on a matchday.

Simple solution would be to get an ATM somewhere at the stadium, lost count of the number of times I've sworn loudly at the gate and had to borrow cash from a mate until after the game.

Carheenlea
08-08-2016, 07:45 PM

I wonder why Hibs don't appear to encourage people to do this? A mate has done it in the past without issue, and can't recall anyone saying it doesn't work.
A screen grab of barcode and jobs a good'un.

Big_Franck
08-08-2016, 08:26 PM
I wonder why Hibs don't appear to encourage people to do this? A mate has done it in the past without issue, and can't recall anyone saying it doesn't work.

I've thought about doing this before but I always worried it wouldn't scan. I wasn't sure if the barcode had to be a certain size (ie same size as it'd be on an A4 printed ticket) for it to scan properly. I envisaged standing at the turnstile enlarging and then reducing the size of the barcode on my screen over and over and a queue building up. Stressed me out just thinking about it :no way:

HibbyAndy
08-08-2016, 08:38 PM
I've thought about doing this before but I always worried it wouldn't scan. I wasn't sure if the barcode had to be a certain size (ie same size as it'd be on an A4 printed ticket) for it to scan properly. I envisaged standing at the turnstile enlarging and then reducing the size of the barcode on my screen over and over and a queue building up. Stressed me out just thinking about it :no way:

Thats definitely happened to a guy in front of me..Hence why i won't print off or pdf...or show my phone blah blah blah..I am actually a season ticket holder :greengrin:

E-ticketing for cup top up to your card failed me last time too, I'd rather buy at pods for another part of the stadium than use this crappy system where it goes to your season ticket.

Dav1986
09-08-2016, 12:12 AM

I did it all the time last season. Was good to make sure you got your loyalty points at the time and sometimes I'd make a last minute decision to go and would just buy it on my phone on the way to the game missing out on TO queues aswell :thumbsup: