PDA

View Full Version : Anier coming?

Scouse Hibee
08-08-2016, 03:21 PM
Genuine or a rumour anyone know?

HTD1875
08-08-2016, 03:27 PM
Been released by Dundee United this morning, Very Similar to the McGregor signing.

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-08-2016, 03:31 PM
Big powerful laddie, was impressed with him when he came to us, can't understand why Utd released him if I'm honest, would take him back no problem.

JDHibs
08-08-2016, 03:35 PM
Couple of journos on twitter saying they know nothing about it. Also he was on high wages at Utd so doubtful if we would offer him alot if he was to come in as back up for Holt.

Usual pages making up rumours is my guess, people putting 2&2 together and making 5.

But on the flip side, he played for us and done well when fit, he has a flat in Edinburgh so an arrangement could be made.

RoxburghHibs
08-08-2016, 03:43 PM

Just glad he is no longer at them to be honest :aok:

biotech
08-08-2016, 03:45 PM
Just what we need. Did well first time around and would be a good addition to the squad. Likely to see plenty game time as we'll need to rotate the strikers during a long hard season.

Weststandwanab
08-08-2016, 03:45 PM

I just left E. R. ten mins ago and the word there is he is signing.

HTD1875
08-08-2016, 03:48 PM
Big powerful laddie, was impressed with him when he came to us, can't understand why Utd released him if I'm honest, would take him back no problem.

United have two strikers from down south on trial, Anier was on a decent wage would probably pay for them both.

Hermit Crab
08-08-2016, 03:59 PM
I just left E. R. ten mins ago and the word there is he is signing.

Is This from a genuine source or more rubbish from the Andy Gilles fan club? NB, do Hibs not usually conduct their business at east mains?

Iain G
08-08-2016, 03:59 PM
Couple of journos on twitter saying they know nothing about it. Also he was on high wages at Utd so doubtful if we would offer him alot if he was to come in as back up for Holt.

Usual pages making up rumours is my guess, people putting 2&2 together and making 5.

But on the flip side, he played for us and done well when fit, he has a flat in Edinburgh so an arrangement could be made.

If they are Scottish football Journos I suspect they wouldn't be able to tell their arse from their elbow, never mind where Henri Anier is moving to next :agree:

number9dream
08-08-2016, 04:04 PM
He managed about half an hour of game time for us last season, so I can't see how anyone could consider that a success. He'd be very lucky to a second chance.

Franck Stanton
08-08-2016, 04:05 PM
Would certainly be a useful addition to the squad imo. :thumbsup:

easty
08-08-2016, 04:05 PM
He managed about half an hour of game time for us last season, so I can't see how anyone could consider that a success. He'd be very lucky to a second chance.

:agree:

Steve20
08-08-2016, 04:10 PM
Just what we need. Did well first time around and would be a good addition to the squad. Likely to see plenty game time as we'll need to rotate the strikers during a long hard season.

Did he? He hardly played so hard to say.

Utd fans don't seem to rate him too highly.

johnbc70
08-08-2016, 04:15 PM
Was on £2.5K a week at United and one of their biggest earners. Club happy to get him off the wage bill.

hibsdaft
08-08-2016, 04:23 PM
Has his contract at Utd run out ?

bingo70
08-08-2016, 04:25 PM
Not for me, they didn't want him initially as he couldn't get in their team, no idea if he's released now because of wages but the fact of the matter is he at no point has he been able to make any sort of impact there. The Utd fans thought he was terrible before he joined us on loan.

He contributed a couple of things but IMO people are over playing just how good he was and how much he contributed.

IMO he's pretty pish and I hope we're after better.

HTD1875
08-08-2016, 04:25 PM
Has his contract at Utd run out ?

Contract terminated by mutual agreement.

Frogga
08-08-2016, 04:26 PM

In that 'half hour' he played a big part in 2 huge goals, with an assist for Boyle's 90th min equaliser v Falkirk and doing the hard work for Malonga's 93rd min winner v QOS. If you look at it in a more positive way... 😊

ancient hibee
08-08-2016, 04:30 PM
I think he's Holt without the football.

Franck Stanton
08-08-2016, 04:33 PM
In that 'half hour' he played a big part in 2 huge goals, with an assist for Boyle's 90th min equaliser v Falkirk and doing the hard work for Malonga's 93rd min winner v QOS. If you look at it in a more positive way... 😊

Well said that man/woman.

Was not fit when he arrived, had niggly injury but whenever he was given game time didn't disappoint. Be a good squad player to have around.

hibeemikey21
08-08-2016, 04:37 PM
Contract terminated by mutual agreement.

Which players will only ever agree to if they have another option lined up.

you come to a compromise with the club. Say he was due £100k for a his final year, Utd may offer him £50k up front and he can sort himself out with a new club. Makes sense that hibs would be that destination. Lives in Edin, will be able to accept a lower wage and the club will know what he's like.

AZhibee
09-08-2016, 01:03 AM

Yes! Looked good and energetic in limited action. Thought Mixu wanted him, so the loan was recalled in a desperate attempt to avoid relegation.

Jim44
09-08-2016, 07:16 AM
If there's any mileage in this, and Lennon sees a use for him, then why not?

Allant1981
09-08-2016, 07:25 AM
Not exactly a signing that would get everyone drooling but a decent enough player, not sure if he would be given a run of games though which may not suit him

Stevie Reid
09-08-2016, 08:45 AM
Not really interested in what some United fans think of him - there have been people on this board over the last few years who have tried to make out that Malonga wasn't excellent for us, or that Isaiah Osbourne was a cracking player, and many more such bizarre things.

I liked what I saw of him last season, and would be happy enough if Lennon saw fit to bring him back.

erin go bragh
09-08-2016, 09:26 AM
I personally thought he looked quality with his couple of late cameos for us . Imo Dagnel should never have replaced Henri . I was convinced Henri would come back to haunt us in the cup semi but thankfully we had big Conrad .
The guy knows the squad and is now fit . Decent cover for Holt 👍🏆🇳🇬

--------
09-08-2016, 10:33 AM
If there's any mileage in this, and Lennon sees a use for him, then why not?

:agree:

I think this would be a good move. We know him, he knows us, and if he's a free agent?

He's not the same sort of player as the forwards we already have, so another option for NL to take advantage of.

WeeRussell
09-08-2016, 11:16 AM
Always surprises me how many Hibs fans rate him so highly on his very brief spell with us, yet the vast majority of Dundee United fans who have seen far more of him maintain he offers nothing.

I'm of the opinion that we shouldn't be after him - but if Lennon thinks otherwise, then I'll back him :aok:

Smartie
09-08-2016, 11:17 AM
Not really interested in what some United fans think of him - there have been people on this board over the last few years who have tried to make out that Malonga wasn't excellent for us, or that Isaiah Osbourne was a cracking player, and many more such bizarre things.

I liked what I saw of him last season, and would be happy enough if Lennon saw fit to bring him back.

Crikey, I'd forgotten he even existed.

Smartie
09-08-2016, 11:23 AM
I don't think Anier is what we're looking for.

He put himself about, that's for sure, and that's always nice to see.

But I don't really think there was much of a footballer there.

The United fans initially disliked him because he was much poorer than they were used to but when he went back they grew to quite like him, I think because he knocked his pan in he was head and shoulders above most of their other shirkers.

Waxy
09-08-2016, 11:29 AM
Happy we have Holt Cummings and Keatings and this is a trio that can fire us to promotion.What about strikers on the fringes? Jamiee Insall? What about the development squad? Who deserves a shot? Perhaps only a chance in the top team will bring out the very best in these guys? Look at where Jason is in just a couple of years.

hughio
09-08-2016, 11:33 AM
He and Leanne get on well it seems.
Whether NL likes him or not remains to be seem.

I bet he signs.

Andy74
09-08-2016, 11:39 AM
I don't think Anier is what we're looking for.

He put himself about, that's for sure, and that's always nice to see.

But I don't really think there was much of a footballer there.

The United fans initially disliked him because he was much poorer than they were used to but when he went back they grew to quite like him, I think because he knocked his pan in he was head and shoulders above most of their other shirkers.

It's an odd thing to say about a guy who made two pretty significant contributions to goals in about the 30 mins he had playing!

I would have kept him in January and would be happy enough with him now. Looked a good player at Motherwell and maybe United just didn't suit him.

Radium
09-08-2016, 11:40 AM
Happy we have Holt Cummings and Keatings and this is a trio that can fire us to promotion.What about strikers on the fringes? Jamiee Insall? What about the development squad? Who deserves a shot? Perhaps only a chance in the top team will bring out the very best in these guys? Look at where Jason is in just a couple of years.

with Lewis Allan away to Livingston on loan, we do not have a back-up for Holt in the development squad

hibseleven
09-08-2016, 11:49 AM
I like Arnier but I've heard he is off to a club in Sweden.

1875STEVE
09-08-2016, 12:27 PM
Crikey, I'd forgotten he even existed.

Plays for Walsall..