PDA

View Full Version : Do you reckon the team should parade the cup around the pitch after Saturday's game?

Not In The Know
08-08-2016, 02:17 PM
I do it will for sure add a few more onto the gate.

Or or are the club of the opinion it might in some way reflect on them in a nagative manner regarding the cup final Exuberance.

Captain Trips
08-08-2016, 02:20 PM
I think it should be paraded every week.

theonlywayisup
08-08-2016, 02:53 PM
No! Time to focus on the football.

MWHIBBIES
08-08-2016, 02:56 PM
Not interested in appeasing fans who only want to come to Easter Road to see the Scottish cup paraded. I want 3 points for the 10.6k season ticket holders and the walk ups who have tickets for Saturday to celebrate. New season, we have to focus on getting promoted.

JDHibs
08-08-2016, 02:58 PM
Rather the players put 100% focus into the league, last thing we need is for them to be walking around the pitch 10 mins before kick off piss farting about.

Not In The Know
08-08-2016, 03:13 PM
It would have to be after the match. And, if say 1000 extra fans that only want to see the cup turn up then thank you very much that's An extra £20000 in the bank!

HTD1875
08-08-2016, 03:17 PM
Would like to see the Cup brought out at some point but as people have alluded to before on this and other threads it could be a distraction for the players in starting 11. Maybe Fyvie and McGeouch could bring it out if still injured or something?

Hibbyradge
08-08-2016, 03:20 PM
No.

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-08-2016, 03:25 PM
Difficult one for me i'd love to see us parade it but as 4 of the 14 that were on the park that day are no longer here it would be difficult for the likes of Holt, the new keepers etc to share the moment with us.

That being said i'm all for the club doing any initiative they can to get more through the gates on a Saturday - I'll be there but if this is something that entices people back then great. Although surely winning the bloody thing would have done that!!

Highland_Hibee
08-08-2016, 04:10 PM
Is the cup even at Easter Road right now? I know when Inverness won it that thing was on tour all over.

lucky
08-08-2016, 04:11 PM
No. 21.05.16 was fantastic but we must concentrate on this season.

Booked4Being-Ugly
08-08-2016, 04:16 PM
Is the cup even at Easter Road right now? I know when Inverness won it that thing was on tour all over.It's locked in a cupboard somewhere at ER! it's not even on display in a glass cabinet, as I found out during the stadium tour a week and a bit a go. :dunno:

JOD
08-08-2016, 04:20 PM
No.

Agree with you NO. New Season New Focus.

Lancs Harp
08-08-2016, 04:21 PM
Well it would give us something to look at whilst we were queueing to get out of the East, well other than the Seagull entertainment.

snooky
08-08-2016, 04:22 PM
Yes ....... as long as the fans stay off the pitch :slipper:

JOD
08-08-2016, 04:25 PM
Is the cup even at Easter Road right now? I know when Inverness won it that thing was on tour all over.

Real cup never leaves SFA. All winners get the duplicate just watch Stubbsy handing back original to SFA after presentation.

ancient hibee
08-08-2016, 04:28 PM
No.

Hibby70
08-08-2016, 04:35 PM
Lewis's testimonial would be a better occasion to do it i think.

dchibs
08-08-2016, 04:37 PM

Or or are the club of the opinion it might in some way reflect on them in a nagative manner regarding the cup final Exuberance.
No i think we should wait untill we draw sevco at Easter Road.

HibsNutter
08-08-2016, 04:46 PM
Do some people honestly think the players will be distracted by the thought of parading the cup at the end of the game? If it were to happen before the game before the game you could understand that argument. They're professional footballers Ffs.

We've just won the thing for the first time in 114 years. Why shouldn't we parade it after the game? We haven't seen it at our own ground. Also, the players didn't get to perform their lap of honour on the day, they should be given that chance now. No doubt some of the people who moaned about how they couldn't see the lap of honour on the day now oppose the cup being brought out AFTER the match has completed on Saturday.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-08-2016, 04:51 PM
Not for me. Next time we should show off the cup is when we win it this season.

Kavinho
08-08-2016, 05:43 PM
Would be the best half time entertainment in a very long time

Dashing Bob S
08-08-2016, 05:53 PM
As I said somewhere else, the club should announce tomorrow that they will be parading the cup. Then, once the glory hunters have bought tickets, say 'not really', or make some excuse about the SFA banning us from doing it in case the images posted online goads poor Huns who have surely suffered enough.

Most of us would believe that reason.

SunshineOnLeith
08-08-2016, 05:54 PM
After the game, before the game, and at half time.

In every game.

Jumbo
08-08-2016, 05:57 PM
I we should have it sitting on display on the bench for the whole season 😀

Scouse Hibee
08-08-2016, 05:58 PM
NO..... as much as it was a fantastic achievement it was last season and we've already had a cup parade. Focus has to be 100% on achieving promotion this season. The cup win has given us the springboard.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-08-2016, 06:00 PM

Undoubtedly This.

shetlandhibee
08-08-2016, 06:27 PM
Do some people honestly think the players will be distracted by the thought of parading the cup at the end of the game? If it were to happen before the game before the game you could understand that argument. They're professional footballers Ffs.

We've just won the thing for the first time in 114 years. Why shouldn't we parade it after the game? We haven't seen it at our own ground. Also, the players didn't get to perform their lap of honour on the day, they should be given that chance now. No doubt some of the people who moaned about how they couldn't see the lap of honour on the day now oppose the cup being brought out AFTER the match has completed on Saturday.
im not against it being paraded , but it has to be before the game IMO because (if) we lose the game how many people in ER will feel like cheering the cup out? take out before the game fire the crowd up as players enter the field......yes:agree::scarf:

Smartie
08-08-2016, 06:41 PM
My girlfriend and many of her family will be sitting in the away end this Saturday.

She's enjoyed watching the highlights of the final repeatedly over the summer - it would be nice for Hibs to give her a glimpse of the trophy on Saturday.

G B Young
08-08-2016, 07:09 PM
If the cup is to be paraded at all on Saturday, the team should run out with it BEFORE the game, not after. That would kick things off in a really upbeat way and get the crowd going.

Bringing it out AFTER the game would remind me of the time we did that with the League Cup in 2007 after we'd just lost a derby. It was a big mistake not to bring the cup out before the game that day as nobody felt much like celebrating after a defeat. If I recall correctly the club were too polite to bring it out before the game in case it wound up the Hearts fans too much. Daft decision.

monarch
08-08-2016, 07:20 PM
Real cup never leaves SFA. All winners get the duplicate just watch Stubbsy handing back original to SFA after presentation.

Boo, what a spoilsport you are. Next you'll be trying to tell us that Santa and the tooth fairy don't exist.:boo hoo:

PS. I remember the curator/guide at the Hampden museum confirming that it never leaves Hampden (the cup, not Santa)

emerald green
08-08-2016, 07:37 PM
Nothing gets a team more determined to win than the sight of their opponents parading a cup.

familyman
08-08-2016, 07:45 PM
bring it out at the start

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-08-2016, 08:02 PM

What I got was genuine. Make no mistake about that.

mca
08-08-2016, 08:11 PM
Boo, what a spoilsport you are. Next you'll be trying to tell us that Santa and the tooth fairy don't exist.:boo hoo:

PS. I remember the curator/guide at the Hampden museum confirming that it never leaves Hampden (the cup, not Santa)

Think i Read somewhere that The Replica is now also Worth Quite a Bit !!! (insurance purposes) Maybe...

Logie
08-08-2016, 08:13 PM
After? Before for me, I say walk out with ideally the time for heroes banner also! Why no?

makaveli1875
08-08-2016, 09:38 PM
Nothing gets a team more determined to win than the sight of their opponents parading a cup.

this , and im pretty sure thats how lennon will see it too

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-08-2016, 10:00 PM

100% :agree:

08-08-2016, 10:05 PM

100% agree with this, would be a perfect game :aok:

Sammy7nil
08-08-2016, 10:12 PM
No it is embarrasing how the cup turns up everywhere we need to move on.
It is a standing joke with my none Hibby supporting mates that every time someone from Hibs speaks in public the cup is there.

marinello59
08-08-2016, 10:15 PM
No it is embarrasing how the cup turns up everywhere we need to move on.
It is a standing joke with my none Hibby supporting mates that every time someone from Hibs speaks in public the cup is there.

Funny that, all my non Hibby supporting mates loved talking about the Scottish Cup when we hadn't won it for 114 years. They can take all the Scottishcup chat they can stand now.

Ryan69
08-08-2016, 10:30 PM
First domestic game...after a cup victory?

Of course it should be!

Rangers wanted a guard of honor...for a **** league!

Bring out our pride and so much joy! 🏆

Dashing Bob S
08-08-2016, 10:34 PM
Funny that, all my non Hibby supporting mates loved talking about the Scottish Cup when we hadn't won it for 114 years. They can take all the Scottishcup chat they can stand now.

Their incessant gloating over the years has created a green monster, which holds a silver trophy bedecked with green and white ribbons. Those a-holes with their tedious Buffalo Bill and Queen Victoria nonsense will just have to grow a set of gnads and deal.

09-08-2016, 01:56 AM
I would have had a lap of honour with the Cup at the first pre-season match at Easter Road. After all we didn't get to do it at Hampden so this should have been the next best thing. But for some bazaar reason we agreed to parade the cup instead at Meadowbank at an away friendly v Edinburgh City. Now that's a smart commercial move......if you're Edinburgh City.

For me the opportunity has passed to do it at ER. The seasons underway and the focus on a matchday needs to be 3pts every game and promotion the correct way. None of this playoff nonsense this time.

Baker9
09-08-2016, 10:31 AM

No. Certain to be a pitch invasion!

Bristolhibby
09-08-2016, 11:54 AM
How about the club play it fast and loose.

Lose on Saturday = just go home.

Win (or 3-0 up with 5 to go), announce that a lap of honour will be happening.

Jobs a good'un, everybody's happy.

J

Callyballybe
09-08-2016, 04:51 PM
I'm surprised by some on here not wanting the cup brought out on Saturday.

When welcoming the fans back to the holy ground for the first home game of the season, if the announcer said something along the lines of "Now let's welcome out the 2015/2016 Scottish cup winners, Hibernian!" And Gray come out with it in his hands. I'd say that'd get a rapturous reception!

Then it's taken back indoors before kick off, and we get on with the game.

Everyone's happy and worked up (even more than they would be normally) for the match. Simples!

JOD
09-08-2016, 05:15 PM

Even in my sixties I remember how bad I felt when told there was no Santa. I weep for you :-(

Pete
09-08-2016, 05:20 PM
How about the club play it fast and loose.

Lose on Saturday = just go home.

Win (or 3-0 up with 5 to go), announce that a lap of honour will be happening.

Jobs a good'un, everybody's happy.

J

That's discriminating against those who choose to excercise their right to leave games ten minutes early.