PDA

View Full Version : SPFL marketing

Ozyhibby
08-08-2016, 08:43 AM
Couple of interesting articles

http://www.thefootballlife.co.uk/post/148580941371/when-the-hype-train-never-leaves-the-station-the#st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/GXrX28Etl3

https://medium.com/@GentlemanBawbag/scottish-football-defeated-by-ineptitude-before-a-ball-is-kicked-31935f4b2138#.p94w1dltu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easty
08-08-2016, 09:56 AM
How much is it incumbent on the clubs to do more? The issue seems to be, give us more money and air time on TV, but clubs in Scotland see it is an expectation rather than fighting for it.

It works both ways.

I know that Sky and BT were both knocked back by Scottish Premiership clubs to do features with various players for live games this weekend (3 of the 6 clubs on live knocked back requests).

In England, Manchester United are putting up Zlatan.

Regardless of how much Sky and BT pay or market the game, if they can't get the basics from the clubs, then the league can't help itself.

Rightly or wrongly, TV companies have so much other football and other sport that can go on air, when they get a knock back try move onto something else. The clubs need to be pro-active and fight for it, rather than moan that we get nothing.

How do you know this? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just can't work out why any team would knock this back.

My_Wife_Camille
08-08-2016, 10:15 AM
How do you know this? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just can't work out why any team would knock this back.
Maybe he works for sky

Tyler Durden
08-08-2016, 10:23 AM

Is Luke not Luke Shanley?

easty
08-08-2016, 10:26 AM
Is Luke not Luke Shanley?

Well...that would explain it then. :aok:

lucky
08-08-2016, 10:32 AM
Doncaster and Regan should have been emptied years ago. They have no love for our game. They can't see beyond the OF. We need to do more to promote our game. Around 15000 will attend ER on Saturday but the BBC won't even bother to show highlights of the game

BH Hibs
08-08-2016, 10:49 AM
The only time you hear Doncaster speak is when he's spraffing on about The Rangers being back. It was criminal they way he and others undersold the product and the Armageddon quote was a disgrace. The clubs also shot themselves in the foot years ago when the knocked back the SKY deal and thought they could do SPL tv then ended up with a deal worth less than what was on offer in the first place.

Ozyhibby
08-08-2016, 10:56 AM
Petrie rates Doncaster, he told me so himself.

CropleyWasGod
08-08-2016, 10:59 AM

Yep, he told the AGM that a couple of years ago. :agree:

Radium
08-08-2016, 11:15 AM
I think that the lack of a deal for highlights in the Championship will be a blessing in disguise. The top 6 attendances over the weekend were:

Greyskull - 49 125
PBS - 16 777
Tannadice - 7 057
Falkirk Stadium - 6458
McDiarmid Park - 5 728
St Mirren Park - 4 997

Three championship games, all at 3pm on a Saturday, with limited highlights available, is maybe a sign that fans will turn up if you don't muck them about. Expect some healthier away crowds at Easter Rd this year as well.

It would be a good time for the club to get hibs.tv going ...

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
08-08-2016, 12:28 PM

And rod knows all about marketing a successful football product. Oh wait, he did a terrible job of managed decline.

Danderhall Hibs
08-08-2016, 12:31 PM
Doncaster and that get a bad press but they just represent the views of those that run/own the clubs.

Effectively they're paid to take the flak for the clubs' poor decisions.