PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Walker the cheat

Big_Franck
08-08-2016, 08:19 AM
Scott Brown has called Jamie Walker a cheat after his dive that won Hearts their penalty yesterday.

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1363144-cheat-jamie-walker-should-be-in-olympics-for-dive-says-scott-brown/

He'll hopefully get pulled up by the compliance officer and given a couple of game ban. Not the first time he's done it either.

Brightside
08-08-2016, 08:21 AM
Scott Brown has called Jamie Walker a cheat after his dive that won Hearts their penalty yesterday.

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1363144-cheat-jamie-walker-should-be-in-olympics-for-dive-says-scott-brown/

He'll hopefully get pulled up by the compliance officer and given a couple of game ban. Not the first time he's done it either.

The ref should be in serious bother for the both of the first two goals. Its never a pen in a million years, and Celtic player was interfering with play for the first goal. Very poor on both.

calumhibee1
08-08-2016, 08:21 AM
And according to a lot of hearts fans he's not allowed to call him that because some of his team mates have cheated before.

Dibben
08-08-2016, 08:23 AM
With TV cameras at the game, I can't believe he has the gall to say that there 'was contact'!

Shocking dive!

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-08-2016, 08:24 AM
The ref should be in serious bother for the both of the first two goals. Its never a pen in a million years, and Celtic player was interfering with play for the first goal. Very poor on both.

I believe the offside rule was changed during the summer, as he didn't attempt to play the ball he isn't considered offside.

Kato
08-08-2016, 08:24 AM
I wonder if Sportsound will bring it up at every opportunity, as with McGinn last season, or just brush it under that lumpy looking carpet of theirs.

On that note did they mention Dundee haven't won the Scottish Cup since 1910 over the weekend?

Mr White
08-08-2016, 08:28 AM
The Hearts midfielder said: "I knocked the ball on and I've seen him [Tierney] coming out the corner of my eye and felt contact so I went down.

"At the end of the day, I am not the referee. I don't give the decisions."

So he's basically saying if he feels any contact at all in the box he's going to go down. Well at least he's honest about being a cheating *******. Except of course he also throws himself to the ground when there hasn't been any contact at all.

Big_Franck
08-08-2016, 08:29 AM
I believe the offside rule was changed during the summer, as he didn't attempt to play the ball he isn't considered offside.

Ah really? Where did you see this? It's not covered in the BBC's summary of the rule changes here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36256441). It wouldn't be unlike them to get it wrong though.

A 5 game ban for Walker should suffice :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-08-2016, 08:33 AM
Ah really? Where did you see this? It's not covered in the BBC's summary of the rule changes here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36256441). It wouldn't be unlike them to get it wrong though.

A 5 game ban for Walker should suffice :greengrin

I'm sure the commentator mentioned it yesterday, doesnae make it gospel though. :-)

Since90+2
08-08-2016, 08:39 AM
So Walker is a cheat and a Hearts fan attemps to assault Sinclair after the goal (see video below):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P_NDmshSO0&sns=fb&app=desktop

Why have the media not picked up on this attempted punch?

Walker deserves a 2 game ban.

Bostonhibby
08-08-2016, 08:46 AM
So Walker is a cheat and a Hearts fan attemps to assault Sinclair after the goal (see video below):

Simple wee capture for police Glasgow here, full frontal of the yam erse. They'll be right on the case as soon as their crack team finish the missing elephant in the phone box case.

DH1875
08-08-2016, 08:47 AM

Was just about to post about the hearts fan taking a swing at the Celtic player after he scored. Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere :confused: Wonder what would have happened if he had made contact.

Kato
08-08-2016, 08:48 AM

That's actual assault if the Cup Final is anything to go by.

They aren't interested in making Hearts fans look bad.

Brightside
08-08-2016, 08:51 AM

i was trying to read that but couldn't find the rule... so that mean you can put a player infront of the goalie for every free kick? it doesn't make sense.

mjhibby
08-08-2016, 08:58 AM

As bad as dive as I've ever seen. Such a class club. Not.

The Leith Dutch
This is doing the rounds from Twitter :D

"'He's expecting contact which is why he goes down' aye nae bother Neil McCann I'm expecting my hole but I don't walk about with my dick oot."

Hamish
I listened to Michael Stewart and understood it that last season the Celtic goal would have been allowed but that this season with the rule change Beaton should have disallowed it. If that makes sense.

Maybe me not listening properly as has been known.

Carheenlea
That fan is hardly 'taking a swing' at Sinclair. No intention of actually connecting and I'd guess that he would'nt be the sort who would have the nerve or bottle to carry out such an attack.

Brightside
08-08-2016, 09:03 AM
That fan is hardly 'taking a swing' at Sinclair. No intention of actually connecting and I'd guess that he would'nt be the sort who would have the nerve or bottle to carry out such an attack.

Two hurl a spit at him...two try to swing at him. both closer than Hibs fans were to Rangers players.

Since90+2
08-08-2016, 09:09 AM

If it's not a swing what is he trying to do? Pat him on the back of the head with his knuckle?

brog
08-08-2016, 09:12 AM
If Sinclair had been playing for The Rangers he'd be in hospital now on life support. The interpretation of the offside rule was changed, but to make it more likely that Celtc's goal would have been ruled out. However the player in the "offside" position still has to be hindering the keeper's view, I can't remember exact wording. I believe it wasn't certain that was the case yesterday.

Green&White
08-08-2016, 09:23 AM
Shocking dive. also, how dirty were they yesterday??!!. kicking lumps out of the celtc players at every opportunity, 7 or 8 yellow cards i believe. anti football at its best from the pink lot!

Wee Effen Bee
08-08-2016, 09:23 AM
"At the end of the day I am not the referee, I don't give the decisions."
'Walker after Hearts v Celtic match (7/8/16)
'Probably the greatest defence testimony...said no-one ever. You're not the ref but your attempt to win a penalty, through deliberate diving, invited the ref into making that decision you erse!

On the Celtic goal. Two years ago refs were given the directive about 'line of sight.' However, I'm sure this season another directive was given whereby, if the player attempts to get out of the way or makes no attempt to play the incoming ball he is not offside. I feel for the officials on this one: how difficult must it be to have all these directives going round your head as well as looking for other infringements. Don't forget the ref could have blown for a spot kick leading up to the strike.

JimBHibees
08-08-2016, 09:27 AM

Not if he is in the goalies eye line which IMO he clearly was. Appalling refereeing IMO in both of the biggest decisions.

brog
08-08-2016, 09:29 AM
Here's the offside law, see bold below. . Looking at the replay I believe that although Armstrong is clearly in an "offside position" he's not clearly obstructing Hamilton's vision.

IMO the most important statement is the following.It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or interfering with an opponent by:preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision.

Its one of those things, if I was a Yam (aaaaargh!) I'd be screaming for offside. As a neutral (cough) the verdict is great goal!

JimBHibees
08-08-2016, 09:29 AM

"'He's expecting contact which is why he goes down' aye nae bother Neil McCann I'm expecting my hole but I don't walk about with my dick oot."

:not worth :faf:

brog
08-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Not if he is in the goalies eye line which IMO he clearly was. Appalling refereeing IMO in both of the biggest decisions.

That was my first thought but if you watch again you can see that Hamilton clearly sees where the ball is going, his view is not obstructed. He dives but just doesn't get there.

Wee Effen Bee
08-08-2016, 09:34 AM
Here's the offside law, see bold below. . Looking at the replay I believe that although Armstrong is clearly in an "offside position" he's not clearly obstructing Hamilton's vision.

IMO the most important statement is the following.It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or interfering with an opponent by:preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision.
Its one of those things, if I was a Yam (aaaaargh!) I'd be screaming for offside. As a neutral (cough) the verdict is great goal!

Thanks for that Brog. Like you, If it were in the same circumstances against Hibs, I would be screaming for offside. If it was for us I would be celebrating a great goal.:greengrin

JimBHibees
08-08-2016, 09:37 AM
That was my first thought but if you watch again you can see that Hamilton clearly sees where the ball is going, his view is not obstructed. He dives but just doesn't get there.

He sees where the ball is going however Armstrong makes a move to get out of the way of the ball and IMO is interfering with play.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-08-2016, 09:42 AM
Walker hasn't exactly denied that he has dived. Not sure that blaming the Ref for giving the decision is all that clever either. Would expect that he will get pulled up for this but you can't take away the goal and although it made no odds there will be times when this settles a game.

brog
08-08-2016, 09:45 AM
He sees where the ball is going however Armstrong makes a move to get out of the way of the ball and IMO is interfering with play.

As you said, he sees where the ball is going therefore Armstrong is not clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision therefore the ref got it right for once!

easty
08-08-2016, 09:52 AM

If it'd been Walker running past the Celtc fans he'd have went down expecting the contact.

Mikey09
08-08-2016, 09:58 AM
Walker passing the buck onto the ref?!! Says it all about that mob! ****s to a man. John Beaton is a decent ref and a good bloke. In my opinion this will defiantly come back to haunt Hawrts and Walker as officials will make sure they deny him quite a few this season. John Beaton admitted he got it wrong so why can't the wee yam fud admit he conned him. It's like a shoplifter getting caught red handed stealing on CCTV and still denying it.

brog
08-08-2016, 10:09 AM
Walker passing the buck onto the ref?!! Says it all about that mob! ****s to a man. John Beaton is a decent ref and a good bloke. In my opinion this will defiantly come back to haunt Hawrts and Walker as officials will make sure they deny him quite a few this season. John Beaton admitted he got it wrong so why can't the wee yam fud admit he conned him. It's like a shoplifter getting caught red handed stealing on CCTV and still denying it.

Not sure about Beaton being a decent ref, I've never been over impressed. IIRC it was Beaton who denied SJM a stonewaller at Falkirk last season, probably because John tried to stay on his feet rather than doing a Tom Daley like Walker.

Brightside
08-08-2016, 10:30 AM

If a ref isn't sure its a pen he shouldnt be giving a pen....its that simple.

Carheenlea
08-08-2016, 10:50 AM
Two hurl a spit at him...two try to swing at him. both closer than Hibs fans were to Rangers players.

I can't really see that watching on the phone.
Spitting is ten times worse than any lame faux-aggression. You're right though - more violence in that clip than what Rangers were "subjected" to post Final.

JimBHibees
08-08-2016, 11:09 AM
As you said, he sees where the ball is going therefore Armstrong is not clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision therefore the ref got it right for once!

I think he is though as he has to dive around the player in front of him. The goalie is one side of the player when the shot goes in but the ball goes around the other side so definitely obstructing his view.

JimBHibees
08-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Not sure about Beaton being a decent ref, I've never been over impressed. IIRC it was Beaton who denied SJM a stonewaller at Falkirk last season, probably because John tried to stay on his feet rather than doing a Tom Daley like Walker.

Agree when you compare the pen he gave yesterday to the one he didnt give with a perfect view quite incredible really. Appalling decision.

Also thought he was awful v Falkirk in the semi we lost when the was their best defender in the second half with his interceptions.

heretoday
08-08-2016, 12:49 PM
If Sinclair had been playing for The Rangers he'd be in hospital now on life support. The interpretation of the offside rule was changed, but to make it more likely that Celtc's goal would have been ruled out. However the player in the "offside" position still has to be hindering the keeper's view, I can't remember exact wording. I believe it wasn't certain that was the case yesterday.

He was definitely hindering the keeper's sight. If that had been us there'd be uproar on here.

HTD1875
08-08-2016, 05:30 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wIG7zG4UtTs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lM-0fJ_A_pY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XSH2Px-mr6Y

Just off the top of my head, surely Walker will have picked up a reputation now.

col02
08-08-2016, 06:27 PM

Too funny!:-)

TheCabbage
08-08-2016, 06:40 PM

There was more contact from the swing by the Hearts fan on Sinclair than there was for Walkers penalty!!

emerald green
08-08-2016, 06:44 PM

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/police-probe-after-alleged-hearts-fan-punch-at-scott-sinclair-1-4197586

In tonight's EEN.

Hibee Mac
08-08-2016, 06:49 PM
I'd be embarrassed if he played for my club

3pm
08-08-2016, 07:00 PM
Jamie Walker about to start on BBC 2.

Cosmic Truth
08-08-2016, 07:10 PM
Was just about to post about the hearts fan taking a swing at the Celtic player after he scored. Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere :confused: Wonder what would have happened if he had made contact.

The jambo who assaulted Neil Lennon at Tynecastle was found guilty of breach of the peace! :confused:

Cosmic Truth
08-08-2016, 07:13 PM
He was definitely hindering the keeper's sight. If that had been us there'd be uproar on here.

I agree. If you're in an offside position, and in the keepers way, it should be given offside. Armstrong must have put the goalkeeper off, Shirley?

emerald green
08-08-2016, 07:13 PM
Walker - "I felt contact so I went down". What does he mean? Is he saying that every time anyone so much as touches him he is going to throw himself to the ground? Or, only if the "contact" happens to be in the penalty box?

Football is a contact sport. Imagine what a farce it would be if every player "went down" every time he felt contact.

To make matters worse, his manager is moaning his team should have had another penalty in the second half.

Same old Jambos, always cheating...

Cosmic Truth
08-08-2016, 07:14 PM

Surely he must have out the keeper off?

Cod Boy
08-08-2016, 07:16 PM
Seems to be whenever Hearts get beat it's the referee or Robbie Neillson fault.

green is good
08-08-2016, 08:22 PM
There was clearly contact on walker's foot by the ball. Stonewall penalty.

3pm
08-08-2016, 08:31 PM
Tom Daley pleased with Olympic Bronze in the pairs.

'We knew it would be tough without Jamie Walker so it's a brilliant achievement'.

Billy Whizz
08-08-2016, 08:45 PM
I had a good chat with Jamie today....,

HibbyAndy
08-08-2016, 08:47 PM
The biggest sin about this blatant dive was Andy Walker saying cheating is part and parcel of the game , Unbelievable.

truehibernian
08-08-2016, 08:48 PM

.....did he fall over at any point ?

Marco G
08-08-2016, 08:50 PM
Walker - "I felt contact so I went down". What does he mean? Is he saying that every time anyone so much as touches him he is going to throw himself to the ground? Or, only if the "contact" happens to be in the penalty box?

Football is a contact sport. Imagine what a farce it would be if every player "went down" every time he felt contact.

To make matters worse, his manager is moaning his team should have had another penalty in the second half.

Yep, Neilson says "the boy went down" talking about the Toure challenge, as if whenever one of his players falls over it must be a foul. Watching them against us since he/Locke/Levein have been involved I am sure there is a deliberate policy of their players being told to tumble at the slightest contact (or even no contact as on Sunday) and making challenges on them look worse than they are.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
08-08-2016, 08:54 PM

See numerous Barca v Real matches for this.

There is no doubt he cheated, but we shouldnt get on our high horsr too much - virtually every player does it for every team. Footballers are pretty much all cheats if they can gain an advantage.

ano hibby
08-08-2016, 09:19 PM
Tom Daley pleased with Olympic Bronze in the pairs.

'We knew it would be tough without Jamie Walker so it's a brilliant achievement'.

:)

Mikey09
08-08-2016, 11:48 PM
Neilson mumping about Celtic being able to register Sinclair on the Saturday morning in time for the game. "We thought the SFA closed at 5pm on a Friday."
Jesus Christ. You can register a player up to noon on a Saturday Robbie. Surely someone at your club knows this.

Kato
08-08-2016, 11:57 PM
"We thought the SFA closed at 5pm on a Friday."

..and this is who's fault?

Mikey09
09-08-2016, 12:09 AM

Celtic's? The SFA? Vlad?! Broony's?! Take yer pick... :faf:

majorhibs
09-08-2016, 12:19 AM
Celtic's? The SFA? Vlad?! Broony's?! Take yer pick... :faf:

Got to be potters. After all he runs absolutely everything else on the playing side at that hovel.

Cosmic Truth
09-08-2016, 04:47 AM

He also moaned about Tierney not having to leave the field, after Cowie was booked. It seemed no one at Hearts actually knows the rules.

Instead of being angry about his own clubs lack of professionalism. He just lashed out like a spoiled wean, implying Celtic got preferential treatment. He was a complete embarrassment.

Finn2015
09-08-2016, 06:55 AM
He also moaned about Tierney not having to leave the field, after Cowie was booked. It seemed no one at Hearts actually knows the rules.

Instead of being angry about his own clubs lack of professionalism. He just lashed out like a spoiled wean, implying Celtic got preferential treatment. He was a complete embarrassment.

It's the hertz way

#FromTheCapital
09-08-2016, 07:01 AM
I see hearts haven't changed anyway. 7 yellows and a blatant dive resulting in a penalty that gave them their only goal of the game. It's hilarious that many are saying they played well and deserved something from the game. It's like a throwback to the 80's watching them, dirty *******s.

Fife-Hibee
09-08-2016, 08:40 AM
I see hearts haven't changed anyway. 7 yellows and a blatant dive resulting in a penalty that gave them their only goal of the game. It's hilarious that many are saying they played well and deserved something from the game. It's like a throwback to the 80's watching them, dirty *******s.

Remind me of Airdrie!

#FromTheCapital
09-08-2016, 08:46 AM
Remind me of Airdrie!

I wonder if any bookies are giving odds for hearts to have the worst discipline record this season? Free money if so, although the odds have probably been slashed after Sunday's 'performance'.

Jack Hackett
09-08-2016, 08:58 AM
Where's the compliance gadgie? Surely he's had time to call out the little scrote by now.

snooky
09-08-2016, 08:59 AM
There was more contact from the swing by the Hearts fan on Sinclair than there was for Walkers penalty!!
:agree: :top marks

JDHibs
09-08-2016, 09:07 AM
Where's the compliance gadgie? Surely he's had time to call out the little scrote by now.

Papers are reporting that hes looked through the footage and will be contacting Walker in due time.

Hopefully a few game ban.

Big_Franck
09-08-2016, 09:13 AM
Papers are reporting that hes looked through the footage and will be contacting Walker in due time.

Hopefully a few game ban.

I read yesterday that the compliance officer has until 3pm today to 'offer a ban' so we should know soon enough. The replays were clear that there was no contact at all and the way he lept into the air and did a 360 degree turn should see him get a 2 game ban. Cheating wee hearts cant.

Callum_62
09-08-2016, 09:21 AM
I read yesterday that the compliance officer has until 3pm today to 'offer a ban' so we should know soon enough. The replays were clear that there was no contact at all and the way he lept into the air and did a 360 degree turn should see him get a 2 game ban. Cheating wee hearts cant.

According to the Hearts fans -he lost his footing and never asked for a pen

Therefore, cant be banned.... :rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
09-08-2016, 09:32 AM

They'd be better off saying he was only following team orders and may well have lost his place in the team for failing to dive.

theonlywayisup
09-08-2016, 09:34 AM

I wonder if the media will go on and on about this incident like the way they did about the John McGinn one last season, though that one was always in the press attention due to Peter Houston.

Looking at them one was a soft penalty, one was a dive. One had contact, one had none.

Callum_62
09-08-2016, 10:13 AM
I wonder if the media will go on and on about this incident like the way they did about the John McGinn one last season, though that one was always in the press attention due to Peter Houston.

Looking at them one was a soft penalty, one was a dive. One had contact, one had none.

he felt contact though..... :greengrin

matty_f
09-08-2016, 10:27 AM

Then why did he make the big pained face expression?

--------
09-08-2016, 10:29 AM

....AND? :confused:

The Captain....
09-08-2016, 10:29 AM

Was that the one where the BBC Scotland commentary team were ludicrously interviewing Falkirk fans with leading questions at half time?

Walker has got plenty previous form for cheating - it's obvious their coaching staff either condone or encourage it or he'd have been told to stamp it out. I honestly don't know how Jambos can watch the football that Avril wants - there is no flow to the game with constant fouls, bookings and the aimless diagonal punts into the corners to try and win set pieces is like some throwback to John Beck's Cambridge Utd team of the 80s. Honking football.

Jim44
09-08-2016, 11:04 AM
Some Jambos are saying that because the punishment for simulation is a yellow, the compliance officer can't do much. On the contrary, he can give match banns for attempting to deceive the match officials ......... It's just a pity they weren't sharp enough to see it with their own eyes.:rolleyes:

Carheenlea
09-08-2016, 11:13 AM
This Hearts team doesn't remind of Airdrie, Cambridge United and other such eye bleeders - they simply remind me of Hearts.

Geo_1875
09-08-2016, 11:20 AM
This Hearts team doesn't remind of Airdrie, Cambridge United and other such eye bleeders - they simply remind me of Hearts.

I've seen them since the early 60s and can count on the fingers of one hand the times that they haven't been agricultural.

lapsedhibee
09-08-2016, 11:24 AM
I've seen them since the early 60s and can count on the fingers of one hand the times that they haven't been agricultural.

Hurly Burley's team was good - can't think, offhand, of any others particularly worth watching.

patlowe
09-08-2016, 11:27 AM
Harsh to come down too hard on the ref for the penalty decision IMO, despite him getting it wrong. In real-time and from his angle it looked a pen to me. If anyone really deserves condemnation it's Walker for cheating, but he's one among many when it comes to this sort of behaviour in the game. Retrospective bans dished out consistently are required to root it out, but not all cases are as easy to call.

JDHibs
09-08-2016, 02:14 PM
Walker has been given a 2 match ban.

Well deserved!

Big_Franck
09-08-2016, 02:17 PM

Well deserved!

Be interesting to see if they appeal it. If they do does the suspension automatically increase?

JDHibs
09-08-2016, 02:19 PM
Be interesting to see if they appeal it. If they do does the suspension automatically increase?
Think an extra game gets added on. Not sure though. They have no grounds to appeal it anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
09-08-2016, 02:21 PM

Don't think he can appeal it if he's been offered it and accepted it.

Bostonhibby
09-08-2016, 02:21 PM

Well deserved!
They'll be disappointed with that, bloody good dive with a degree of difficulty of 2.5 it deserves at least a 5.

They put so much practice into this sort of thing I can see the yam appealing for a higher number here.

Big_Franck
09-08-2016, 02:24 PM
Don't think he can appeal it if he's been offered it and accepted it.

I know but i've not seen it reported that he has accepted it already. He has until 3pm tomorrow to respond and from what he said after the game about feeling contact it'd be strange for him to now accept he dived.

CropleyWasGod
09-08-2016, 02:26 PM
I know but i've not seen it reported that he has accepted it already. He has until 3pm tomorrow to respond and from what he said after the game about feeling contact it'd be strange for him to now accept he dived.

So he hasn't actually been "given" the ban yet, he's only been "offered" it?

Big_Franck
09-08-2016, 02:27 PM
So he hasn't actually been "given" the ban yet, he's only been "offered" it?

Yeah.

brog
09-08-2016, 02:30 PM
A bit off topic but the Yams game plan seems to have been derailed. A year or 2 back they (supposedly) had the best crop of youngsters in Scotland for many seasons. Now Holt, both King brothers, McGee & the crap left back have all gone for very little money & no one is now talking about big money moves for Paterson, Nicholson or Tom Daley! They keep buying decent but not brilliant foreign players who leave after 2 years with no sell on value. It's an unsustainable methodology & their strategy seems to have lost it's way. Congrats to Potter!

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-08-2016, 03:11 PM
And unsurprisingly they have appealed it. The club with no shame

Scouse Hibee
09-08-2016, 04:01 PM
Jamie Walker is a decent guy off the park,certainly doesn't act any way like he does on it. Total welt on the pitch and deserves all he gets.

EastCalderHibby
09-08-2016, 04:08 PM
Jamie Walker is a decent guy off the park,certainly doesn't act any way like he does on it. Total welt on the pitch and deserves all he gets.

Plays for the **** =welt **** :jamboclow:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Hibby Bairn
09-08-2016, 04:10 PM
And unsurprisingly they have appealed it. The club with no shame

Increase to 3 games once appeal fails.

Pete
09-08-2016, 04:14 PM

Is this not the guy who, after playing in a derby, decided to swagger down Easter road acting the tough guy and trying to stare out hibs fans? (After most of them had gone home).

Might be silly rumours admittedly.

Bostonhibby
09-08-2016, 04:17 PM

:agree: Has to be three then, definitely no contact and the pained expression on his Ian Black like coupon implying that he was hurt should seal it hopefully. He has form as a diver so a good one for the authorities to make an example of you'd think.

Big_Franck
09-08-2016, 04:23 PM
:agree: Has to be three then, definitely no contact and the pained expression on his Ian Black like coupon implying that he was hurt should seal it hopefully. He has form as a diver so a good one for the authorities to make an example of you'd think.

Hopefully. Mikey Stewart said it was a 'great dive' on sportscene. He commented that there was no contact but the way Walker twisted in the air and fell was exactly how he would have fallen had there been contact, which is what conned the ref. Hopefully the sfa stick to their guns on this.

greenlex
09-08-2016, 04:46 PM
The compliance officer needs to get up to speed. Two games for the dive and whatever Jason hit for his celebration I front of the Hearts fans as his was very similar.

CRAZYHIBBY
09-08-2016, 04:49 PM
Cheating club cheating players and cheating fans

Billy Whizz
09-08-2016, 04:50 PM
Think they want him for tomorrow nights game, hence the appeal. Hope Saints pump them tomorrow night

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Is this not the guy who, after playing in a derby, decided to swagger down Easter road acting the tough guy and trying to stare out hibs fans? (After most of them had gone home).

Might be silly rumours admittedly.

He's definitely the guy that posted photos on line of him lying on his bed with wads of cash whilst his club were in administration [emoji849]

Danderhall Hibs
09-08-2016, 05:00 PM
Think they want him for tomorrow nights game, hence the appeal. Hope Saints pump them tomorrow night

They should consider the appeal first thing in the morning.

Highland_Hibee
09-08-2016, 05:03 PM
and still nothing regarding punishing their fans for the very obvious spitting and swinging punches at an opposing player?

I hate to play the victim card but there is no way that if this was us we wouldn't be getting crucified for this.

They have no shame.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-08-2016, 05:06 PM

Does that actually still happen? Can't remember a ban being increased for a long time.

Pete
09-08-2016, 05:10 PM
He's definitely the guy that posted photos on line of him lying on his bed with wads of cash whilst his club were in administration [emoji849]

Jamie Walker: the Martin Shkreli of Scottish football.

jax67
09-08-2016, 05:19 PM
Seems to be whenever Hearts get beat it's the referee or Robbie Neillson fault.

Not Neilsons fault, he's just been on STV, still saying there was contact on Walker. Can't believe hertz are appealing the 2 game ban offered. Neilsons a belter!!

Oscar T Grouch
09-08-2016, 05:26 PM
Not Neilsons fault, he's just been on STV, still saying there was contact on Walker. Can't believe hertz are appealing the 2 game ban offered. Neilsons a belter!!

I think the appeal is purely to let him play tomorrow. I think they'll push for runs in both cups this season to help with the butt hurt the 21st May caused them. That's what will make knocking them out the cup/s this year all the funnier 😂

Stevie Reid
09-08-2016, 05:27 PM
"There's no camera angle that disproves there's contact" said Neilson on STV News, as three different camera angles clearly show it's a dive.

Utterly shameless.

Treadstone
09-08-2016, 05:28 PM
Neilson on STV!! Trying to convince himself and failing miserably.

Booked4Being-Ugly
09-08-2016, 05:31 PM
What a classy club, sticking up for players that clearly have a problem with diving.

How many penalties have they had in the last 2 seasons? Certainly makes you wonder if that's what they're getting coached, if that's the managers response.

Bostonhibby
09-08-2016, 05:35 PM
"There's no camera angle that disproves there's contact" said Neilson on STV News, as three different camera angles clearly show it's a dive.

Utterly shameless.

They all still suffer from what is known as Romanovs syndrome by proxy - it basically means that they still believe that if you say it often enough it's true.

For example, We owe it to ourselves, we will build the megasuperhotelstadium, we will win the Champions League by 2008 etc:blah::blah:

Treadstone
09-08-2016, 05:36 PM

Utterly shameless.

What about the "he never appealed for a penalty".

Yer right Robbie, he was too busy diving.

jax67
09-08-2016, 06:10 PM
I think the appeal is purely to let him play tomorrow. I think they'll push for runs in both cups this season to help with the butt hurt the 21st May caused them. That's what will make knocking them out the cup/s this year all the funnier 😂
👌

PatHead
09-08-2016, 06:54 PM

But they keep telling us they aren't interested in the wee cup.

Well as of 10pm tomorrow.

h18eeynick
09-08-2016, 07:58 PM
What about the "he never appealed for a penalty".

Yer right Robbie, he was too busy diving.

I havent read through all posts but me and my son were shocked at penalty award on Sunday. Having now read the official charge should there not be retrospective action against the referee, linesman and perhaps 4th official as they are at fault with wrong decision albeit a 4th official never has any input unless manager acting in aggresive manner. Pisses me off that they never seem accountable for very poor decisions

Danderhall Hibs
09-08-2016, 08:04 PM
I was told by a Hearts fan that Brown calling Walker a cheat was terrible. Shocking to do that to a fellow pro.

Didn't really get an answer when I asked if it was worse than deliberately cheating. Or when I said if Walker hadn't cheated Brown wouldn't have called him a cheat.

Aldo
09-08-2016, 08:20 PM
Yeah but he thought he was going to be tackle so he went down.

Both Walker and Nicholson went down at the slightest touch during the whole game like they had been poleaxed!

I cannot believe they are actually challenging this but it's typical that a club that has cheated backs a player that has cheated!

Nowt professional about that Jobbie so Broony has called it as it was yet your upset!

Dearie dearie me!

Mikey09
10-08-2016, 11:10 AM
A couple of quotes from Robbie today...

"We believe ANY contact in the box is a penalty."
"Our evidence is I asked Jamie if there was contact and he said yes there was." (Case closed then!)

Sorry, that 2nd one is embarrassing!! :yw:

Hibs Class
10-08-2016, 11:21 AM
I was told by a Hearts fan that Brown calling Walker a cheat was terrible. Shocking to do that to a fellow pro.

Didn't really get an answer when I asked if it was worse than deliberately cheating. Or when I said if Walker hadn't cheated Brown wouldn't have called him a cheat.

Similar view expressed by Neilson:

Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson said on Tuesday morning that he was disappointed by Brown's "cheat" comment.
"I don't think you should be saying that about fellow professionals," Neilson told BBC Scotland.
"If you have got an opinion on anything you are better just keeping it to yourself."

Wonderful display of irony by the opinion-expressing-but-not-keeping-it-to-yourself Neilson.

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-08-2016, 11:23 AM
Said it for years they really are not from Planet Earth.

Vlad did a real proper job on them.

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2016, 11:52 AM

Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson said on Tuesday morning that he was disappointed by Brown's "cheat" comment.
"I don't think you should be saying that about fellow professionals," Neilson told BBC Scotland.
"If you have got an opinion on anything you are better just keeping it to yourself."

Wonderful display of irony by the opinion-expressing-but-not-keeping-it-to-yourself Neilson.

:hilarious

WeeRussell
10-08-2016, 11:53 AM

"Our evidence is I asked Jamie if there was contact and he said yes there was." (Case closed then!)

Funny because the actual evidence is video footage of Walker not being within a foot of making contact with another human being. That Yetti just makes things worse with his nonsense.

Jack Hackett
10-08-2016, 12:04 PM

I wonder what his beliefs are on the routine shoving/holding/shirt pulling regularly employed by his hammer throwers for every corner and free kick near their goal

matty_f
10-08-2016, 12:22 PM

We could ask Willie Collum to tell us what he thinks about Neilson keeping things to himself...

poolman
10-08-2016, 12:57 PM
Well I hope on appeal the compliance officer asks the ref what he thinks because evidently he came out at half time and apologised to BR because he admitted that he got it all wrong

Mikey09
10-08-2016, 01:40 PM
Well I hope on appeal the compliance officer asks the ref what he thinks because evidently he came out at half time and apologised to BR because he admitted that he got it all wrong

And this is why there ridiculous appeal will fail...

Oscar T Grouch
10-08-2016, 01:47 PM
From the BBC Gossip:

Hearts boss Robbie Neilson is demanding that the SFA provide "firm evidence" that Jamie Walker took a dive as he stands by the player, who says there was contact in Sunday's penalty incident against Celtic.

Has caveman junior not seen the various angles of footage which clearly show no contact being made and Walker clearly doing his best to earn his side a pen by diving? Anyway, is this in the SFAs remit? To provide evidence to managers of cheats?

The Captain....
10-08-2016, 01:57 PM
This all going to backfire splendidly on Neilson and Hearts as his players are going to get very few decisions from refs after this.

Known cheats and then lie shamelessly...the referee has had the backbone to accept his error, unsurprisingly for an institution lacking in any class Or culpability Hearts maintain the lie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
10-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Can someone show me the rule where it says that any contact in the box is a penalty? For the length of time he has been in the game RN's lack of knowledge of the rules is staggering. Either that or he is openly lying.

Waxy
10-08-2016, 02:07 PM
If any contact in the box is a penalty then there'd be some high scoring games. 9-8 13-4 7-0 etc

lapsedhibee
10-08-2016, 02:44 PM

My memory may be playing tricks on me (it keeps saying 'pick a card, any card') but did Chewbacca not play in the same team as Zaliukas?

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2016, 03:34 PM
Hopefully this fuss they're creating over such a blatant dive reduces the number of penalties they get.

Finn2015
10-08-2016, 04:02 PM
Just seen neilson is backing him to the hilt. Quelle surprise

#FromTheCapital
10-08-2016, 04:55 PM
Very unprofessional from Neilson. A blatent dive, he's better saying nothing at all rather than trying to deny it happened.

McD
10-08-2016, 05:12 PM

We BELIEVE any contact in the box is a penalty? You BELIEVE? Oh well in that case, since your beliefs are the standard that these things are measured by....and here we were all thinking that clear video evidence, and a referee admitting he got it wrong (well done him btw, takes a bigger person to admit they were wrong) were of a higher standard than your beliefs? What about Tierney's beliefs? Are they to be taken into account?

This guy is so back to front it's unbelievable (pun intended). I suppose the 8 yellow cards your team got were just 'honest play' were they?

Aldo
10-08-2016, 05:41 PM
From the BBC Gossip: Hearts boss Robbie Neilson is demanding that the SFA provide "firm evidence" that Jamie Walker took a dive as he stands by the player, who says there was contact in Sunday's penalty incident against Celtic. Has caveman junior not seen the various angles of footage which clearly show no contact being made and Walker clearly doing his best to earn his side a pen by diving? Anyway, is this in the SFAs remit? To provide evidence to managers of cheats?

This statement is beyond belief!!

FIRM EVIDENCE really!

Just shows you the mentality of the man and the club...... This is just we'll you know!

emerald green
10-08-2016, 06:28 PM

"ANY contact in the box is a penalty". Did the eejit actually say that? He cannot really believe that, surely? He's clutching at straws and/or talking a lot of s****.

Aldo
10-08-2016, 07:27 PM
"ANY contact in the box is a penalty". Did the eejit actually say that? He cannot really believe that, surely? He's clutching at straws and/or talking a lot of s****.

Ha if he said that then there would be dozens of penalties each in every game!

Remember though he's not got the capability or the capacity to know what he's saying and think at the same time.

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2016, 07:36 PM
Hopefully this fuss they're creating over such a blatant dive reduces the number of penalties they get.

Well that's that hope dashed.

greenlex
10-08-2016, 09:59 PM
From the BBC Gossip:

Hearts boss Robbie Neilson is demanding that the SFA provide "firm evidence" that Jamie Walker took a dive as he stands by the player, who says there was contact in Sunday's penalty incident against Celtic.

Has caveman junior not seen the various angles of footage which clearly show no contact being made and Walker clearly doing his best to earn his side a pen by diving? Anyway, is this in the SFAs remit? To provide evidence to managers of cheats?
Show us there was contact you fool. Unless you can then blatantly dived as per all video evidence I've seen. Ref admitted he got it wrong.
As an aside Sportsound on the way to work tonight two players (no idea who they were but one might have been Ryan Stevenson) said players were quite right to go down to gain a pen whether here is contact or not. Sums fitba up.

hibsbollah
10-08-2016, 10:17 PM
The weirdest club in world football.

jeffers
10-08-2016, 10:21 PM
To be fair to Neilson he's only saying what Levein will have told him to.

The Captain....
10-08-2016, 10:31 PM
To be fair to Neilson he's only saying what Levein will have told him to.

I wonder what Budge is thinking about it all...starting with Walker's repeated cheating and the weak, ill informed and frankly dishonest defence of him by a manager who seems more ignorant of the rules of the game with each passing day.

Between that and their shocking discipline I'd imagine it doesn't sit too well with her squeaky clean vision of Hawrts going forward.

There may be trouble ahead.

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-08-2016, 10:36 PM
Absolute freaks. Imagine trying to defend that dive. Embarrassing from both Walker and the Poodle

jeffers
10-08-2016, 10:40 PM
I wonder what Budge is thinking about it all...starting with Walker's repeated cheating and the weak, ill informed and frankly dishonest defence of him by a manager who seems more ignorant of the rules of the game with each passing day.

Between that and their shocking discipline I'd imagine it doesn't sit too well with her squeaky clean vision of Hawrts going forward.

You've got to wonder right enough. But in saying that do you not have to pay for an appeal, in which case you might think her, Neilson and Levein would have discussed it first.

poolman
10-08-2016, 11:09 PM

Very odd that Chewbaaca has to ask Walker his opinion when it's clear to a blind man he took an embarrassing dive

h1bee123
11-08-2016, 06:50 AM
Pretty obvious he's a cheat - 4 previous examples (2 against us):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSH2Px-mr6Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eU7u54p1zg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM-0fJ_A_pY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRC0L8suV_s

mjhibby
11-08-2016, 06:59 AM
The weirdest club in world football.

Just when you think they are the biggest bunch of oddballs on the planet. Have washed after looking at keekback for the first time in years I was actually surprised at some posters being almost normal. Some even saying that they are too obsessed with us and that they foul too much and just want to play hoofball. They are of course drowned out by the Neanderthals who now want to lynch Robbie and harry potter for being too soft. Hilarious if it was a spoof but to think this is actually fans is scary.

mjhibby
11-08-2016, 07:06 AM
Pretty obvious he's a cheat - 4 previous examples (2 against us):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSH2Px-mr6Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eU7u54p1zg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM-0fJ_A_pY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRC0L8suV_s

To be fair the second one was debatable. Lol. The other three just horrendous cheating. Yet they get a pen next game. Mmmm.

GloryGlory
11-08-2016, 07:15 AM

So the defence is not allowed to tackle, the goalie is not allowed to come out and go for a cross in a cluster of bodies, defenders are not allowed to jump in a cluster of bodies to head the ball away. :rolleyes:

We should watch out for how many penalties Hearts concede every game then and the ref misses it! :greengrin. We should be drawing the SFC compliance officer's attention to it, citing Right-on Robbie's interpretation of the laws of the game.

calumhibee1
11-08-2016, 07:24 AM
He's obviously got to play the game and pretend he genuinely believes it wasn't a dive since they put in an appeal to make him available for their priority tournament.. which they went out of at the first hurdle.. 4 days after the domestic season started.. to 3 goals all from players that they released..:greengrin It's the only logical explanation for his defence being as bad as "you prove to me that there wasnt contact, it's no on me to prove **** all".

Bill Milne
11-08-2016, 07:51 AM
Did anyone else hear the *rse from Motherwell on BT Sports at the Celtic game, insisting that the penalty award to Celtic for a blatant push was "very soft" and berating Scott Brown for labelling Walker a cheat?

heretoday
11-08-2016, 08:34 AM
Instant TV replay of penalty decisions is the only way. It might take time but would save a lot of argy-bargy.

green day
11-08-2016, 08:39 AM
Did anyone else hear the *rse from Motherwell on BT Sports at the Celtic game, insisting that the penalty award to Celtic for a blatant push was "very soft" and berating Scott Brown for labelling Walker a cheat?

Didnt hear it, but presume you mean Craigen? He is a balloon.

If its "bad" to call a fellow player a cheat - is that worse than actually "being" a cheat ???

The mans a fool and his comments on some of our games last season nailed it.

Jack Hackett
11-08-2016, 08:50 AM
You've got to wonder right enough. But in saying that do you not have to pay for an appeal, in which case you might think her, Neilson and Levein would have discussed it first.

It's not an appeal, it's a rejection of the offered 2 match ban. There will now bea hearing...which will not go well for them.

#FromTheCapital
11-08-2016, 08:53 AM
He's obviously got to play the game and pretend he genuinely believes it wasn't a dive since they put in an appeal to make him available for their priority tournament.. which they went out of at the first hurdle.. 4 days after the domestic season started.. to 3 goals all from players that they released..:greengrin It's the only logical explanation for his defence being as bad as "you prove to me that there wasnt contact, it's no on me to prove **** all".

That makes good reading 😂👍🏼

Billy Whizz
11-08-2016, 09:01 AM
When is his appeal

Carheenlea
11-08-2016, 09:01 AM
Instant TV replay of penalty decisions is the only way. It might take time but would save a lot of argy-bargy.

Still a matter of opinion over matter of fact though.
On viewing the latest dive from Jamie Walker, most would agree no penalty and a yellow card for simuilation, but you still get Robbie Neilson and other maroon muppets convincing themselves it's a stonewaller despite the evidence.
It's not always as clear cut to the observer as this incident, and many hours have been debated on penalty claims arguing the case for and against. To leave one person to view and use his own opinion on a claim doesn't really solve much - penalties will continue to be argued. The best way to help referee's is for players to stop diving and cheating, and increasing punishment to perhaps 4 games to individuals would be a start.

vuefrom1875
11-08-2016, 09:05 AM
didnt hear it, but presume you mean craigen? He is a balloon.

If its "bad" to call a fellow player a cheat - is that worse than actually "being" a cheat ???

The mans a fool and his comments on some of our games last season nailed it.......hates anyone playing in green,closet hun!

Brunswickbill
11-08-2016, 09:12 AM
Herald report on last night's game says "Scobie....looked off-balance as he made his challenge but there didn't seem sufficient contact to knock Callum Paterson off his feet." Wright had to be ushered up the tunnel at half time "lest he self-combust with rage." Maybe the gadges considering the appeal should take account of last night's performance when Paterson was out on parole.

The Green Goblin
11-08-2016, 09:21 AM
Herald report on last night's game says "Scobie....looked off-balance as he made his challenge but there didn't seem sufficient contact to knock Callum Paterson off his feet." Wright had to be ushered up the tunnel at half time "lest he self-combust with rage." Maybe the gadges considering the appeal should take account of last night's performance when Paterson was out on probation.

Here is the BBC's take on the same incident:

Two minutes later Paterson was rashly bundled to the ground by Scobbie and Walker made no mistake from the spot for the second game running .

Billy Whizz
11-08-2016, 09:22 AM
Here is the BBC's take on the same incident:

Two minutes later Paterson was rashly bundled to the ground by Scobbie and Walker made no mistake from the spot for the second game running .

Any highlights, can't seem to find any?

The Green Goblin
11-08-2016, 09:31 AM
Any highlights, can't seem to find any?

me neither...

heretoday
11-08-2016, 11:44 AM
Still a matter of opinion over matter of fact though.
On viewing the latest dive from Jamie Walker, most would agree no penalty and a yellow card for simuilation, but you still get Robbie Neilson and other maroon muppets convincing themselves it's a stonewaller despite the evidence.
It's not always as clear cut to the observer as this incident, and many hours have been debated on penalty claims arguing the case for and against. To leave one person to view and use his own opinion on a claim doesn't really solve much - penalties will continue to be argued. The best way to help referee's is for players to stop diving and cheating, and increasing punishment to perhaps 4 games to individuals would be a start.

I dunno so much about "opinion". If they can produce an image in seconds to detect the slightest nick of ball on bat in cricket, I think they can surely spot a size 10 boot applied to the lower parts of Jamie Walker as he passes by!

ancient hibee
11-08-2016, 12:29 PM
I dunno so much about "opinion". If they can produce an image in seconds to detect the slightest nick of ball on bat in cricket, I think they can surely spot a size 10 boot applied to the lower parts of Jamie Walker as he passes by!

Except that even in cricket there can be long delays in getting a decision.Can't have that in a game where play is continuing.Hammering players that dive with 6 match bans plus a fine on the club would help.

Hibs Class
11-08-2016, 03:43 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37049332

Two match ban confirmed

Billy Whizz
11-08-2016, 03:53 PM
Be interested to hear the grounds Hearts had to appeal this? Correct decision 100%

Andy74
11-08-2016, 03:58 PM
Be interested to hear the grounds Hearts had to appeal this? Correct decision 100%

Hearts were suggesting if there was any contact at all he is entitled to fall over basically.

Aldo
11-08-2016, 03:59 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37049332 Two match ban confirmed

Good and next time it should be upped to 4!

Because they believe that there was contact and that all contact in the box (the oppositions of course) should be a penalty!!

I wonder though..... Does appealing not have a cost attached??

Stevie Reid
11-08-2016, 04:00 PM
Hopefully this will stick with him, cheating *******. They get plenty of pens as it is.

Makes him and Neilson look like the pricks that they are.

Billy Whizz
11-08-2016, 04:00 PM
Hearts were suggesting if there was any contact at all he is entitled to fall over basically.

Thats what he did😂
Tv pictures showed conclusively that there was no contact, on this occasion they should be fined for wasting SFA time

brog
11-08-2016, 04:07 PM
Didnt hear it, but presume you mean Craigen? He is a balloon.

The mans a fool and his comments on some of our games last season nailed it.

I agree your comment re Craigen but I think he made a decent point last night. It was probably a pen for Celtc last night but the same ref, Clancy, denied us a stonewaller vs Falkirk last season. If the incident last night had happened at the other end, Well would never have got a pen & that was pretty much what Craigen was saying.

greenginger
11-08-2016, 04:11 PM
Maybe some footy Jurno would like to do a piece on Walker the diver.

How many yellow cards he has had for simulation, 4 for sure posted on this thread but there could be more.

How many penalties have been awarded for his efforts in total.

Walker is a perfect fit for them . Cheating player at a cheating club.

JohnM1875
11-08-2016, 04:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JC1tQk8TPw

Highlights. Penalty incident at 2:45

Bostonhibby
11-08-2016, 05:15 PM

Because they believe that there was contact and that all contact in the box (the oppositions of course) should be a penalty!!

Some mistake surely, neither Nelson or Walker are particularly appealing.

TRC
11-08-2016, 05:24 PM
Did it not used to be that if you appealed and if it got knocked back then a one game suspension was added?

mjhibby
11-08-2016, 05:44 PM

I'm sure I read it was £1,000 to appeal. Budge must be easily hoodwinked in shelling out for appeal they had no chance of winning. Only the pbs mob would be stupid enough to try and win that one.

WoreTheGreen
11-08-2016, 05:52 PM
I'm sure I read it was £1,000 to appeal. Budge must be easily hoodwinked in shelling out for appeal they had no chance of winning. Only the pbs mob would be stupid enough to try and win that one.

The gimp on stv the wee herts guy done for cheating Lennon not happy but no mention of games last night unbelievable comedy channel

Hibbyradge
11-08-2016, 05:56 PM
The gimp on stv the wee herts guy done for cheating Lennon not happy but no mention of games last night unbelievable comedy channel

That's a stunning sentence! :hilarious

Aldo
11-08-2016, 06:03 PM
Some mistake surely, neither Nelson or Walker are particularly appealing.

No you are indeed correct with your factual statement BH!

JimBHibees
12-08-2016, 11:23 AM

This sort of tactical appeal should be increased if it is kicked out. Should be increased to 3 games.

JimBHibees
12-08-2016, 11:26 AM
I agree your comment re Craigen but I think he made a decent point last night. It was probably a pen for Celtc last night but the same ref, Clancy, denied us a stonewaller vs Falkirk last season. If the incident last night had happened at the other end, Well would never have got a pen & that was pretty much what Craigen was saying.

It was Beaton in the league game and Muir in the play off game that turned down stonewall penalties for us v Falkirk. Clancy sent off McGinn at ER subsequently downgraded to yellow.

Bostonhibby
12-08-2016, 11:28 AM
No you are indeed correct with your factual statement BH!
Facts are the future. I am sure I read it on here somewhere😉

Tom Hart RIP
14-08-2016, 11:05 AM
Tam Cowan slagging Walker on OTB insisting it wasn't diving it was cheating. Stuart Cosgrove said that he was booed every time he touched the ball when they played StJ.
They also slagged hearts for having the nerve to appeal

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2016, 11:19 AM
The appeal was based on the fact that Walker did not appeal for a penalty and therefore never dived to gain one.

Danderhall Hibs
14-08-2016, 11:36 AM
The appeal was based on the fact that Walker did not appeal for a penalty and therefore never dived to gain one.

Really? I thought it was cos Neilson said there was contact?

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2016, 11:37 AM
Really? I thought it was cos Neilson said there was contact?

That's what I was told.

Danderhall Hibs
14-08-2016, 12:39 PM
That's what I was told.

It's the 2nd time I've heard it today but hadn't heard it during the appeals process. I think they've changed their tune to try and help their cause in the future.

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2016, 12:42 PM
It's the 2nd time I've heard it today but hadn't heard it during the appeals process. I think they've changed their tune to try and help their cause in the future.

To be fair it came from the player himself so I believe it.

Bostonhibby
14-08-2016, 01:02 PM
Family yam reckons it was the momentum that took him over but the compliance officer won't take that into account as it's hearts. !

Danderhall Hibs
14-08-2016, 01:03 PM
To be fair it came from the player himself so I believe it.

I agree he didn't try to claim a penalty. But I think he realised it was such a poor attempt that he started backtracking in mid air.

"There was contact" eh eh eh "I didn't claim a penalty so that means I didn't dive"

Hopefully the refs are switched onto his cheating now and he never even gets a pen when it's 70/30 in his favour.

GlesgaeHibby
14-08-2016, 01:07 PM
If he'd been caught cheating during the game it would have only been a yellow, but now it's a two game ban?

It was a definite dive, but would be interested to know why it now equates to a two-game ban? (I'm not complaining, I'm all for harsher punishments for cheating, especially diving as it's the only way to work towards eradicating it).

Danderhall Hibs
14-08-2016, 01:09 PM
If he'd been caught cheating during the game it would have only been a yellow, but now it's a two game ban?

It was a definite dive, but would be interested to know why it now equates to a two-game ban? (I'm not complaining, I'm all for harsher punishments for cheating, especially diving as it's the only way to work towards eradicating it).
Just cos that's the rules mate. You cheat successfully and you get a bigger ban than cheating and getting caught.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-08-2016, 08:42 PM

Cause if he had been caught and booked at the time then Celtic would have got a free kick, Hearts wouldn't have got a penalty and Celtic would have won the game comfortably. His cheating nearly stole a point for his team and deprived a team chasing the league 2 points.
Hopefully a harsher punishment post game will stop some of this nonsense. However, it doesn't seem to be deterring this wee runt so far.

Cod Boy
14-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Manchester Uniteds Mata done a blatant dive today and won his team a free kick. Wonder if the fa will deal with him

HibernianJK
14-08-2016, 08:48 PM
I kind of get that if you drive then get straight back up, dont appeal and realise how stupid you've been then fair enough.

However, if the ref has already given the foul you only have yourself to blame.

calumhibee1
14-08-2016, 08:48 PM
Manchester Uniteds Mata done a blatant dive today and won his team a free kick. Wonder if the fa will deal with him

Probably not. It's just hearts that are being picked on... Apparently..

SunshineOnLeith
14-08-2016, 10:29 PM

Been that way for as long as we've had the compliance officer stuff. It's supposed to act as a deterrent.

GlesgaeHibby
15-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Just cos that's the rules mate. You cheat successfully and you get a bigger ban than cheating and getting caught.

Cause if he had been caught and booked at the time then Celtic would have got a free kick, Hearts wouldn't have got a penalty and Celtic would have won the game comfortably. His cheating nearly stole a point for his team and deprived a team chasing the league 2 points.
Hopefully a harsher punishment post game will stop some of this nonsense. However, it doesn't seem to be deterring this wee runt so far.

Been that way for as long as we've had the compliance officer stuff. It's supposed to act as a deterrent.

Cheers - makes sense as they gained an advantage with the penalty. Glad they still got beat in the end :aok:

Finn2015
15-08-2016, 11:22 AM
Tam Cowan slagging Walker on OTB insisting it wasn't diving it was cheating. Stuart Cosgrove said that he was booed every time he touched the ball when they played StJ.
They also slagged hearts for having the nerve to appeal

They are right to do so and hertz appealing it is indicative of them as a club

greenginger
15-08-2016, 11:27 AM
For all the paper talk about walker and his dive in the match v Celtic , I've not seen any mention of his minimum 4 previous bookings for diving.

Also, maybe Walker didn't appeal for a penalty, but a couple of his teammates were on cue to scream for the penalty almost like a cricket team at an LBW claim.

I seriously believe it is part of the training and coaching regime at Riccarton .

greenlex
15-08-2016, 11:53 AM
For all the paper talk about walker and his dive in the match v Celtic , I've not seen any mention of his minimum 4 previous bookings for diving.

Also, maybe Walker didn't appeal for a penalty, but a couple of his teammates were on cue to scream for the penalty almost like a cricket team at an LBW claim.

I seriously believe it is part of the training and coaching regime at Riccarton .
There was also no mention if bus celebration after scoring either. An exact copy if Cummings agInst Hearts and he got banned for it. He should be out for more than 2 games IMO.