07-08-2016, 07:29 PM
Back to normal then

No Championship highlights

CallumLaidlaw
07-08-2016, 07:31 PM
No surprise then

O'Rourke3
07-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Yip. Gave it a try to see if the Championship was mentioned but no..... Taking it off my series links now.

Baldy Foghorn
07-08-2016, 07:32 PM
Anyone surprised, they have The Rangers and Celtic in same league now. Nothing else matters:rolleyes:

Aldo
07-08-2016, 07:34 PM
If I'm honest I don't give a flying one.

I have a very high disliking (hate a very strong word) for the BBC Sportsound tram and ghe likes.

Think that includes Sportscene. I will say I don't mind Mikey Stewart though

resident_Arab
07-08-2016, 07:36 PM
Absolute joke, they should be showing Hibs, United and maybe Falkirk, even if just the goals

********s!!

CRAZYHIBBY
07-08-2016, 07:37 PM
Is the championship getting is own programme or are we completely bumped because rangers are not in this league any more

SteveHFC
07-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Remember the days Scotsport used to show first division games.

Bring that back.

cleanyman
07-08-2016, 07:40 PM
I enjoyed the programme.

Just a shame they've ditched what they had when showing the lower league highlights.

Malthibby
07-08-2016, 07:43 PM
Is the championship getting is own programme or are we completely bumped because rangers are not in this league any more

The answer to that looks pretty obvious I'm afraid, Championship clearly doesn't exist now that der hun have got to the SPL. Really hope LD can get somewhere working
with the txssers who ru(i)n our gaame.
GG

Hibbyradge
07-08-2016, 07:43 PM
Tom Hart would have been be delighted.

keep the faith
07-08-2016, 07:44 PM
Don't get the hate with sportscene. It's time we stopped slagging off our game, knocking Scottish football highlights and paying a fortune to sky to plough money into the EPL and push our game further behind.
I saw some good football tonight but some poor crowds for day 1. Would love to see a real push to promote our own game and get the crowds back. More of our TV licence fees should be given to Scottish football. The fact England international games are shown free here and not Scotland games is absolutely incredible.
On a separate note though, I think it's an utter disgrace that they stop showing the championship once rangers are away.

jingler1954
07-08-2016, 07:47 PM
Back to normal then

No Championship highlights
Check the attendances at the games more watched most of the championship games than the SPL games apart from the The Rangers on Saturday Big league my Archie.

renato
07-08-2016, 07:47 PM
Embarrassing. No attempt by BBC Glasgow to even pretend having an interest in other Scottish clubs.

A west of Scotland club in Championship for 2 seasons, we get selected game highlights every week. As soon as they get promoted, the Championship games are bumped completely, despite the Scottish cup winners, the Arabs and a really competitive 6 or 7 other teams all capable of finishing in the playoffs, in that league.

Not even attempting to hide their OF blinkers now - so amateur and tinpot. Imagine this happening in England...

GreenNWhiteArmy
07-08-2016, 07:50 PM
**** them all, every last one of them!!

Let's be honest, how long have we known that the only thing that matters in Scottish football is the old firm.

My biggest problem always has, and always will be the marketing of our game. Even Barry Hearn ripped our top chiefs but have they done anything other than cream over the return of the old firm derby??

Won't miss many home games but .net will have to do and I can visualise for most away games

Hibbyradge
07-08-2016, 07:50 PM
Don't get the hate with sportscene. It's time we stopped slagging off our game instead of knocking Scottish football highlights and paying a fortune to sky to plough money into the EPL and push our game further behind.
I saw some good football tonight but some poor crowds for day 1. Would love to see a real push to promote our own game and get the crowds back. More of our TV licence fees should be given to Scottish football. The fact England international games are shown free here and not Scotland games is absolutely incredible.
On a separate note though, I think it's an utter disgrace that they stop showing the championship once rangers are away.

They weren't showing the championship.

They were showing The Rangers.

There's not much point getting upset about the attention the uglies get.

There is more interest in either of them than in the rest of Scottish football combined.

The BBC strive to provide the viewing that their audience wants so of course they'll show Rantic at the expense of everyone else.

Itritating, yes, but entirely understandable.

renato
07-08-2016, 07:52 PM
And another thing, they're instantly losing any potential viewers from the Hibs and Utd fanbases, never mind fans from the likes of Falkirk, the pars, Raith, Morton etc. I didn't realise our one and only highlights show was in a position to alienate so many potential viewers...

Hibbyradge
07-08-2016, 07:53 PM
And another thing, they're instantly losing any potential viewers from the Hibs and Utd fanbases, never mind fans from the likes of Falkirk, the pars, Raith, Morton etc. I didn't realise our one and only highlights show was in a position to alienate so many potential viewers...

If they didn't show the uglies, they'd alienate an awful lot more.

JOD
07-08-2016, 07:55 PM
When BT Stopped showing Champ after Sevco gone that was the Baw Burst due to no coverage

Not totally BBC fault as they paid BT for highlights

renato
07-08-2016, 07:56 PM
If they didn't show the uglies, they'd alienate an awful lot more.

I agree. But surely shortening the "analysis" of the games by a minute or two each, allowing them to show the goals from the Championship shouldn't be beyond them :greengrin

renato
07-08-2016, 07:58 PM
When BT Stopped showing Champ after Sevco gone that was the Baw Burst due to no coverage

Not totally BBC fault as they paid BT for highlights

Or perhaps this is the main reason why we've now been bumped..

Smartie
07-08-2016, 07:59 PM

There is more interest in either of them than in the rest of Scottish football combined.

The BBC strive to provide the viewing that their audience wants so of course they'll show Rantic at the expense of everyone else.

They are a public service broadcaster.

They should be showing Hibs, the Championship, Threave Rovers and maypole dancing - each fan pays the same license fee as each fan of the Old Firm.

I have no problem with commercial institutions playing the numbers game but I have a big problem with the BBC.

Ah well. Plenty of 3pm Saturday kick offs, no Sportscene highlights, decent Hibs team = more fans paying to watch Hibs = more money for Hibs to spend on players.

I can deal with this.

Bristolhibby
07-08-2016, 08:02 PM
Why don't they do like they do in England. MOTD for Premiership and the football League show on BBC2 afterwards.

J

hibsbollah
07-08-2016, 08:02 PM
The TV companies incur an obligation to promote our game when they buy the rights. The suits who sell these rights have an obligation to promote our game, collectively. It's simply disgraceful to exclude the championship which includes the 5th and 6th (?) best supported clubs in the country, not to mention all the others.

GreenNWhiteArmy
07-08-2016, 08:03 PM

They should be showing Hibs, the Championship, Threave Rovers and maypole dancing - each fan pays the same license fee as each fan of the Old Firm.

I have no problem with commercial institutions playing the numbers game but I have a big problem with the BBC.

Ah well. Plenty of 3pm Saturday kick offs, no Sportscene highlights, decent Hibs team = more fans paying to watch Hibs = more money for Hibs to spend on players.

I can deal with this.

I've already commented but this pretty much sums up my views

Glory Lurker
07-08-2016, 08:06 PM
If you were to complain to the BBC you can be sure they'd come back with "but BBC Alba..". Aye, but BBC Alba was doing its stuff AND we were getting Championship highlights on its main football programme. Not now? We pay for this. Surely the purpose of a public service broadcaster is to provide a breadth of view? No?

resident_Arab
2 of the 6 biggest clubs in the country ignored

Look at the attendances yesterday!

Jack
Meanwhile STV are showing an English pre season friendly! The full match LIVE!!

Robinho08
07-08-2016, 08:07 PM
Don't get the hate with sportscene. It's time we stopped slagging off our game, knocking Scottish football highlights and paying a fortune to sky to plough money into the EPL and push our game further behind.

Agreed, sensible and balanced view. 👍

oneone73
07-08-2016, 08:07 PM
Next Saturday Hibs will have the second highest attendance in Scotland, possibly even the highest.Yet the GBC regard it as a non-event. Disgrace.

The_Horde
07-08-2016, 08:08 PM
More people to hibs tv. More money to hibs. Who cares about them?

Glory Lurker
07-08-2016, 08:10 PM
Why don't they do like they do in England. MOTD for Premiership and the football League show on BBC2 afterwards.

J

Because only a fraction of Scottish licence fee money is given to BBC Scotland.

malcolm
07-08-2016, 08:11 PM

There is though meant to be some kind of difference between the striving that a commercial company will do in its commercial interests and the striving that a NDPB like the BBC with a public service obligation buried somewhere in its rules should have. The problem is perhaps not the symptom - slavish attention to the 'sporting' interests of the majority following the gruesome two but the cause - the skewed placement of the media in Scotland in Glasgow. With culture, government and the judiciary rooted firmly in Edinburgh there is perhaps some degree of chip on shoulder over compensation going on.:greengrin

Greencore
07-08-2016, 08:20 PM
Glad I don't pay a tv license.

Carheenlea
07-08-2016, 08:24 PM
Look on the bright side, at least we don't have to watch Sportscene any more.
A Hibs TV subscription is all you need nowadays.

ShinyFantastic
07-08-2016, 08:26 PM
People actually watch that?

Ronniekirk
07-08-2016, 08:26 PM
Didnt evn watch it as thought we would get bumped So predictable
However the less we are on T V and the more 3 oclockkick offs we have the bigger the crowds we will attract hopefully

Real Emerald
07-08-2016, 08:27 PM
I can't comment as I've got an agenda seemingly... anyway I will. The BBC are a shower of weegie and Hearts loving pricks. On the upside Mikey Stewart is growing on me as a top pundit👍

Aldo
07-08-2016, 08:28 PM
Didnt evn watch it as thought we would get bumped So predictable However the less we are on T V and the more 3 oclockkick offs we have the bigger the crowds we will attract hopefully

Exactly

Iain G
07-08-2016, 08:28 PM

But the bbc's remit is to provide diverse and interesting content for all of its viewers and not to chase the viewers or pander to the populist view, thats what ITV is for! They are failing at delivering their own charter

wookie70
07-08-2016, 08:41 PM
Perhaps part of the reason the uglies are so success is they receive so much more airtime than the other teams and have done for decades. I have no issues with commercial companies creating a sloped playing field but I have no idea what advantage it brings to the BBC and the SFA. Scotland is basically being marketed and promoted as a two horse league. It is hardly surprising that that is the way it usually ends up.

Copied from a blog (http://www.gerryhassan.com/blog/the-peoples-game-still-punter-pundits-and-change/) on this and other related topics -

Between 1947-65, Rangers were the most popular side with an average home league attendance of 34,432, Celtic were on 23,834; Hearts were in third place with 21,720 and Hibs fourth with 20,641;

Hibbyradge
07-08-2016, 08:44 PM

They would have to pay the Championship clubs for showing their games.

The BBC are skint.

Smartie
07-08-2016, 08:46 PM
They would have to pay the Championship clubs for showing their games.

The BBC are skint.

They're not that skint.

One look at Gary Lineker's payslip would show you that.

We're not talking about megabucks here, and we're not exactly in the strongest bargaining position either.

Chucking us a few scraps to help us promote our lower leagues and highlight the fact that there are more than 2 teams and 1 division would do no harm.

ekhibee
07-08-2016, 08:51 PM
I'm not the least surprised that they're not showing Championship highlights. Of course it's totally unfair. I do wonder if, in the future, if we were to see the return of Scotsport to STV, that we would get 2 different programmes, on STV Glasgow and STV Edinburgh? That would still potentially be unfair to people who don't live in the central belt and who's team is in the Championship, I suppose.

Hibbyradge
07-08-2016, 08:52 PM
The BBC also sells it's football coverage overseas.

In Scotland that means Rantic.

I'll leave it at that as I just can't muster the partisan bias needed to keep my head above water in these sorts of threads. :greengrin

Northernhibee
07-08-2016, 09:43 PM
We should be looking at a subscription based internet channel for lower league games. £4.99 a month for highlights from all three lower leagues, something like that. 15,000 subscribers would be approx £900k per annum which after running costs can go straight to the clubs and cut out the middleman.

Smartie
07-08-2016, 09:47 PM
We should be looking at a subscription based internet channel for lower league games. £4.99 a month for highlights from all three lower leagues, something like that. 15,000 subscribers would be approx £900k per annum which after running costs can go straight to the clubs and cut out the middleman.

Get colleges around the country to help provide coverage like they do at Raith.

Educating youngsters that want to go into media and you get a surprisingly professional product at the end of it.

Bishop Hibee
07-08-2016, 10:25 PM
The BBC fawn over The Rangers even when their reporters are not allowed interviews. Disgraceful.

PatHead
07-08-2016, 10:28 PM
The BBC fawn over The Rangers even when their reporters are not allowed interviews. Disgraceful.

On Radio Scotland yesterday they were touting Hamilton as team of the day for getting a draw at Ibrox. Says it all really.

itslegaltender
07-08-2016, 10:39 PM
A Freelance journo working for BBC and STV said on twitter just now that its because BT and Sky are showing no Championship coverage this season, it was their footage that was used for the last couple of seasons. Luke Shanley from Sky then jumped in and said Sky cameras were there at Falkirk and showed the goals on SSN.

The great news is that we will be having plenty Saturday 3pm kick offs. Bring it on.

vuefrom1875
07-08-2016, 10:47 PM
who gives a flying f##k..BBC weggie will always be biased..

matty_f
07-08-2016, 10:57 PM
It's the SPFLn we should be angry at, as yet again they've failed to insist that our game in Scotland is adequately presented on TV.

They should be insisting that the Championship at least is represented on highlights shows like Sportscene as part of the TV deal.

Last season's Championship was every bit as exciting as the Premiership, if not more so, and two Championship sides served up the game of the season (imho) at the Scottish Cup Final.

These ****wits have no idea how to package a gold product in Scotland, and no coverage of the opening day of the Championship season is a terrible howler.

Thankfully Sky had the goals on TV yesterday.

Hopefully Hibs find a way to capitalise on the lack of media coverage and are able to push out and promote their highlights package well.

lord bunberry
07-08-2016, 11:56 PM
A Freelance journo working for BBC and STV said on twitter just now that its because BT and Sky are showing no Championship coverage this season, it was their footage that was used for the last couple of seasons. Luke Shanley from Sky then jumped in and said Sky cameras were there at Falkirk and showed the goals on SSN.

The great news is that we will be having plenty Saturday 3pm kick offs. Bring it on.
That's right, I watched the goals on Saturday night around 19:30 on SSN.

Billy McKirdy
08-08-2016, 12:41 AM
This channel has the goals, whoever edits the channel does a real good job, highlights usually up long before official channels.
Save in your bookmarks.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ecUpqiBKdi0

Cosmic Truth
08-08-2016, 05:20 AM
Absolute joke, they should be showing Hibs, United and maybe Falkirk, even if just the goals

********s!!

Spot on.

Everyone knew last seasons coverage of The Championship was because Scotland's newest club were playing in it. It's now been confirmed by Sportscene blanking the league. If they don't show highlights of the game between the clubs who came second, and third, last season what will they show?

BBC Scotland continue to pander to Sevco, despite being banned for having the audacity to report the truth, that Rangers fans had been reported by the match delegate for sectarian singing. They ought to tell the to get tae ****, and not show any of their games. I bet the BBC will still pay Sevco to show some of their cup games live this season.

Also, the authorities should step in and tell the newco that they have to give access to a TV company that have paid for rights. I can understand Sevco's position if the BBBC had broadcast lies about the club, or their staff, but they're trying to bully the BBC into supressing the truth, which they already managed with the ludicrous reporting on the deadco's liquidation, and "return" to the SPL etc.

Cosmic Truth
08-08-2016, 05:21 AM

Zactly.

Carheenlea
08-08-2016, 08:46 AM
I'm only interested in Hibs, so HibsTV does me just fine. Hibs.net provides me all the daily news regarding the club.
The days of relying on the main stream media are long gone.

Cabbage East
08-08-2016, 08:52 AM
This channel has the goals, whoever edits the channel does a real good job, highlights usually up long before official channels.
Save in your bookmarks.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ecUpqiBKdi0

The quality is shocking and there is weird music playing.

mjhibby
08-08-2016, 09:04 AM
It's just an awful programme with pundits who just state the bleeding obvious. Watch specific games on my laptop but can't be bothered wasting however many minutes it's on watching it.

Jack
08-08-2016, 09:16 AM
If we had got promotion would we be having discussions like this? I doubt it.

We'd still moan about the quality and bias towards the bigots but I doubt we'd give a hoot that there were no championship games covered.

Carheenlea
08-08-2016, 10:25 AM
If we had got promotion would we be having discussions like this? I doubt it.

We'd still moan about the quality and bias towards the bigots but I doubt we'd give a hoot that there were no championship games covered.

You're not wrong.

greenlex
08-08-2016, 12:47 PM
Could have at the very least covered the goals. That goes for every game across the country they have access and no rights problems to. Outrageous really. Who wants to hear halfwitted washed up pros disguised as pundits opinions when we could be watching action and forming our own.

Billy McKirdy
08-08-2016, 01:13 PM
The quality is shocking and there is weird music playing.

I know but in the absence of any SPFL footage it's better than nothing.

CRAZYHIBBY
08-08-2016, 02:24 PM
I'm totally raging to the point that I want to get a mob together and start bouncing up and down on the pavement outside the BBC studios

dalkeith stu
08-08-2016, 05:35 PM
Goals are on BT sports spfl highlights show. So it's just the BBC being b*wbags!! Glad I don't pay my TV license!!

w pilton hibby
08-08-2016, 05:41 PM
Goals are on BT sports spfl highlights show. So it's just the BBC being b*wbags!! Glad I don't pay my TV license!!

..... or perhaps BT have paid the SPFL for the sole rights to show the Championship goals?

NAE NOOKIE
08-08-2016, 06:35 PM
I'm not all that bothered about Sportscene not showing Championship highlights .... the goals from the Hibs games are always to be found somewhere.

What does annoy me is that over the last few years the BBC have dropped their on line coverage, where you could pick what game you wanted to listen to, and Forth 2 appear to have stopped covering Hibs & Hearts games ..... its a real pity coz surely Forth 2 would have got a decent amount of listeners if they were covering away games for both Edinburgh clubs ... no I haven't forgotten Edinburgh City.

I wonder how many ... if any .... Hibs away games will be live on ALBA this year.

Unfortunately I don't have £60 for a Hibs TV subscription so updates on Hibs.Net it will have to be.

Radium
14-08-2016, 09:26 PM
With the amount of criticism that has been rightly directed at Sportscene, the review of TRFC's deficiencies at corners is worthy of praise. Never tire of watching David Gray scoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cleanyman
14-08-2016, 09:44 PM
Michael Stewart getting stuck into Hearts style of play as well

Beautiful

Sir David Gray
14-08-2016, 09:49 PM
Best attended match of the weekend in Scotland and zero coverage of it on Sportscene.

Up yours BBC Scotland.

CallumLaidlaw
14-08-2016, 09:51 PM
Best attended match of the weekend in Scotland and zero coverage of it on Sportscene.

Up yours BBC Scotland.

They released a statement earlier saying that they don't have the rights to show it any more. Had a 3 year deal and then extended it by a year. Now that rangers are up they have no interest in extending again obviously.

The Captain....
14-08-2016, 09:53 PM
Highlight of Sportscene tonight (other than an unexpected snippet of Sir David's SC Final goal) was Liam Boyce performance for Ross County. Some second goal, two decent headers, and a constant threat to the ICT defence. If we were looking at Ross Co strikers Id choose him over Graham any day of the week.

CallumLaidlaw
14-08-2016, 09:54 PM
http://www.pieandbovril.com/articles/150-bbc-statement-on-removal-of-championship-highlights-from-sportscene

Hibee87
14-08-2016, 10:10 PM

Beautiful

I didn't see sportscene. But seen highlights. The very first chance for Aberdeen was the cause the hearts CH was too busy trying to bundle into the dons player and not go for the ball

Billy Whizz
14-08-2016, 10:27 PM

Beautiful

Think he has a dislike for Potter

Sir David Gray
14-08-2016, 10:30 PM
They released a statement earlier saying that they don't have the rights to show it any more. Had a 3 year deal and then extended it by a year. Now that rangers are up they have no interest in extending again obviously.

How strange that the deal just happens to run out at the same time that Sevco get promoted to the Premiership.

You can bet your boots that if we had got promoted last season instead of them, the deal would have been extended pronto.

Shameful from the BBC.

Danderhall Hibs
14-08-2016, 10:41 PM
Think he has a dislike for Potter

He does but Neilson is a mate of his.

Danderhall Hibs
14-08-2016, 10:42 PM
How strange that the deal just happens to run out at the same time that Sevco get promoted to the Premiership.

You can bet your boots that if we had got promoted last season instead of them, the deal would have been extended pronto.

Shameful from the BBC.

Off the ball were taking the piss out of it all yesterday - listen on iplayer if you can be arsed!