PDA

View Full Version : Do Hearts count empty season ticket holders' seats in the official attendance?

G B Young
07-08-2016, 03:53 PM
Caught a few glimpses of the Hearts v Celtic game earlier and there looked to be scores of empty seats, yet the attendance is given as 16,777 which can't be far off capacity at Tynecastle.

Out of interest, are season ticket holders automatically counted as 'in attendance' even if their seat is empty? If so, does that mean every home crowd we have at ER this season will automatically be at least 10,700?

Finn2015
07-08-2016, 03:54 PM
Perhaps they do but to be fair there are many clubs who count season ticket holder seats in their attendances even if they don't attend a certain match

Theinsider
07-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Caught a few glimpses of the Hearts v Celtic game earlier and there looked to be scores of empty seats, yet the attendance is given as 16,777 which can't be far off capacity at Tynecastle.

Out of interest, are season ticket holders automatically counted as 'in attendance' even if their seat is empty? If so, does that mean every home crowd we have at ER this season will automatically be at least 10,700?

As far as I remember when debated the last time they count season tickets whether they are there or not. We only give the attendance at the game.

lucky
07-08-2016, 03:57 PM
This has been discussed lots of time. Hearts always announce tickets sold not the actual attendance. But what difference does it make.

Keith_M
07-08-2016, 03:58 PM
As far as I remember when debated the last time they count season tickets whether they are there or not. We only give the attendance at the game.

:agree:

In saying that, though, it'd be churlish to deny their attendances have been anything other than decent the last few seasons.

(I know, LTYF, etc :wink:)

SouthMoroccoStu
07-08-2016, 04:16 PM
The difference is notable when you get the attendance numbers for home supporters in cup games

So they have to pay less to the opposition

Naughty naughty

Alfred E Newman
07-08-2016, 04:45 PM

Hearts obviously do, how else can they expect to have "yet another full house " every home game.
You have got to remember that some of these muppets ,in their blind loyalty to the cause ,purchase more than one season ticket.

Hibs Class
07-08-2016, 04:50 PM
Hearts obviously do, how else can they expect to have "yet another full house " every home game.
You have got to remember that some of these muppets ,in their blind loyalty to the cause ,purchase more than one season ticket.

Anyone know what game had the pbs highest attendance last season

SouthMoroccoStu
07-08-2016, 04:54 PM

Oh oh me me I know

WoreTheGreen
07-08-2016, 04:56 PM

Aye because buying a ticket for your mother and sister is basically the same person

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-08-2016, 05:03 PM
They always do this, they are cheats but can't explain when confronted with it, they don't turn up against Celtic anyway due to the inevitable outcome. The only time is was at capacity is when we played St Johnstone.

Big team.......:hilarious

cabbageandribs1875
07-08-2016, 05:06 PM
hertz will probably have full houses in all games v the old squirm this season....it still won't beat the real full house we had against st.johnstone last season at the wonga dome :)

Billy Whizz
07-08-2016, 05:10 PM
hertz will probably have full houses in all games v the old squirm this season....it still won't beat the real full house we had against st.johnstone last season at the wonga dome :)

They will never have a full house at any league at Tynie this season. As they have a large segregation area in the roseburn stand

Chip shop Joe
07-08-2016, 05:32 PM
Surely an attendance is exactly that, those that attend! Yamenomics as per usual!

emerald green
07-08-2016, 05:42 PM
It just seems to me it says something about a club when it has to pretend and exaggerate the size of its home attendances. To be fair, it's not that their attendances are poor. So why lie/pretend/exaggerate?

I'm sure the shrinks have a word for it.

Eyrie
07-08-2016, 06:09 PM

Was it their 2-0 triumph over us in the Scottish Cup?

I'm glad I missed the last fifteen minutes of that game.

Dashing Bob S
07-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Was it their 2-0 triumph over us in the Scottish Cup?

I'm glad I missed the last fifteen minutes of that game.

It was a nightmare. Couldn't stay till the end either. Couldn't even bring myself to look at the final score.

ACLeith
07-08-2016, 07:15 PM
It was a nightmare. Couldn't stay till the end either. Couldn't even bring myself to look at the final score.

Fair weather fans. We fought well in those 10 minutes, shame we couldn't score and went out. But fair play to them, they did go a long way in the tournament .......... didn't they? 😱

Dashing Bob S
07-08-2016, 07:34 PM
It just seems to me it says something about a club when it has to pretend and exaggerate the size of its home attendances. To be fair, it's not that their attendances are poor. So why lie/pretend/exaggerate?

I'm sure the shrinks have a word for it.

It's called having a small cock and wanting to **** your sister while your old man cheers on with bottle of buckie. AKA 'the Gorgie disease.'

Marco G
07-08-2016, 09:04 PM
This has been discussed lots of time. Hearts always announce tickets sold not the actual attendance. But what difference does it make.
Think that they had an extra 1 today. Paterson was in the crowd a few times taking his classy long thrown ins. Dont know if he was counted ir not!

Ronster117
07-08-2016, 09:28 PM
How many games in a row have they failed to beat Celtic

PatHead
07-08-2016, 09:38 PM
How much more damn petty can football fansites become?

We do the same with ST holders.

Give it a friggin rest.

GGTTH :flag:

We don't, we only count attendees whether paying with a season ticket or at the gate.

We do not count empty seats.

"Give it a friggin rest" to quote yourself.

Lancs Harp
07-08-2016, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=Edson Arantes;4784725]How much more damn petty can football fansites become?

We do the same with ST holders.

Give it a friggin rest

Virtually every team in England counts its gates including all tickets sold so season ticket holders not taking up their seat for a game are included.

Whether Hibs will this season will remain to be seen but up until last season we certainly didn't. We had over 8000 season ticket holders didn't we? Our gates against Livingston and Dumbarton were 7,289 and 6,686 respectively so clearly non attending season tickets weren't being counted.

tamig
07-08-2016, 09:43 PM
We don't, we only count attendees whether paying with a season ticket or at the gate.

We do not count empty seats.

"Give it a friggin rest" to quote yourself.

Just tried to reply and see Pele's removed it. Yet another confrontational post from the great man.

BoomtownHibees
07-08-2016, 09:44 PM
Just tried to reply and see Pele's removed it. Yet another confrontational post from the great man.

He canny get it up

tamig
07-08-2016, 09:46 PM
He canny get it up

😂

Edson Arantes
07-08-2016, 09:47 PM
He canny get it up

Totally in context as per.

BoomtownHibees
07-08-2016, 09:47 PM
Totally in context as per.

Thanks

SuperAllyMcleod
07-08-2016, 10:51 PM
Think that they had an extra 1 today. Paterson was in the crowd a few times taking his classy long thrown ins. Dont know if he was counted ir not!

Yeah, and he had his foot on the line for every one of them - foul throws are never given at Tynecastle nor mentioned by the commentators.

SuperAllyMcleod
07-08-2016, 10:52 PM
How many games in a row have they failed to beat Celtic

They said 16 on Sky - would be nice to see them pass the 22 mark!

wookie70
07-08-2016, 10:58 PM
Yeah, and he had his foot on the line for every one of them - foul throws are never given at Tynecastle nor mentioned by the commentators.

What is wrong with that. As long as they are not fully on the pitch he is fine

LancashireHibby
08-08-2016, 07:39 AM
The difference is notable when you get the attendance numbers for home supporters in cup games

So they have to pay less to the opposition

Naughty naughty
The split for cup games will be based on the gate receipts rather than the announced attendance, and the visiting club have the right to check through the appropriate reports etc if they suspect any foul play.

For what it's worth, I think Hibs are crazy not to include non-attending season ticket holders - their seats can't be re-sold, after all.

jgl07
08-08-2016, 12:54 PM
The split for cup games will be based on the gate receipts rather than the announced attendance, and the visiting club have the right to check through the appropriate reports etc if they suspect any foul play.

For what it's worth, I think Hibs are crazy not to include non-attending season ticket holders - their seats can't be re-sold, after all.

How would that work if a hypothetical club, say for example Rangers, charged season ticket holders £1 for a cup match or even let them in for nothing?

hibbypostie
08-08-2016, 01:02 PM
:agree:

In saying that, though, it'd be churlish to deny their attendances have been anything other than decent the last few seasons.

(I know, LTYF, etc :wink:)

LTYF? whats that mean keep seeing it

Not In The Know
08-08-2016, 03:20 PM
Im sure they add in empty bovril cups as well.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-08-2016, 05:02 PM
These tramps include the rats that infest the old shed in their attendance figures.

Dashing Bob S
08-08-2016, 05:06 PM
They don't count supporters on the sex offenders register. This is why the official attendance figure given usually falls short of 400,000.