PDA

View Full Version : Boycott the daily record

theonlywayisup
07-08-2016, 10:57 AM
I, theonlywayisup, promise that I'll never ever purchase or even touch the paper called the Daily Record. I will not even look at their website. I'll encourage all Hibs fans to do likewise.

There's no going back. I've had enough of their lies and distortion of facts.

Let's all BOYCOTT THE DAILY RECORD.

staunchhibby
07-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Bombard them with e-mails to vent our feelings re there hatred of Hibernian .

jdships
07-08-2016, 11:01 AM
I, theonlywayisup, promise that I'll never ever purchase or even touch the paper called the Daily Record. I will not even look at their website. I'll encourage all Hibs fans to do likewise.

Haven't even acknowledged the existence of the " Daily Record " for the past ten or more years
:na na:

Weststandwanab
07-08-2016, 11:02 AM
Almost 15 years for me.

staunchhibby
sport@dailyrecord.co.uk lets bombard that addy

Weststandwanab
sport@dailyrecord.co.uk lets bombard that addy

Fuel to their fire maybe not a good idea.

Fife-Hibee
07-08-2016, 11:03 AM

They won't give a monkeys mate!
Think they already know how we feel !

Fife-Hibee
07-08-2016, 11:06 AM
It's already been at least 15 years for me as well. GGTTH

Golden Bear
07-08-2016, 11:10 AM
It's already been at least 15 years for me as well. GGTTH

Similar with me, ever since the Jackson/Mckay's attempt to create trouble at the Club over the Thomson/Brown saga.

Ozyhibby
07-08-2016, 11:11 AM
I've not bought it for a very long time (20+ years) but have now stopped myself clicking on their website as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
07-08-2016, 11:15 AM
These threads always confuse me.

Which Hibs fan, and thus I assume sentient being, exchanges cold, hard cash for the Daily Record these days??

I mean, honestly??

I shall "boycott" it by continuing as I have done for the previous 31 years and not touching it with a bargepole.

adhibs
07-08-2016, 11:15 AM
would never buy the thing but have been guilty of clicking there links before. that wont be happening again.

lucky
07-08-2016, 11:18 AM
I never buy it anyway. Klopp refused to answer a question from a Sun journalist yesterday. There's a clip on Twitter.

07-08-2016, 11:18 AM
Wouldn't buy that rag anyway. Their hun arse sooking is beyond pathetic. They stirred the pot during the Scott Allan saga last year in favour of their beloved rangers and their reporting of the cup final aftermath was shocking.

Keith Jackson doesn't even have the dignity to apologise for his downright lies that "11 rangers players were brutally attacked". Pathetic, disgusting attempt to join in with rangers "oh it was the big bad hibees, we only came on to save our players"etc etc pish.

Disgusting rag and I hope the club speak out about how they have treated this club. I hope none of their shabby journalists (in the loosest sense of the word) never again enter ER.

Austinho
07-08-2016, 11:19 AM
Can we make this a sticky? Are the admin willing to enforce a site wide ban on posting DR links?

oneone73
07-08-2016, 11:20 AM
would never buy the thing but hve been guilty of clicking there links before. that wontbe happening again.

Admins should delete any links.

iwasthere1972
07-08-2016, 11:22 AM
We should all meet outside their Glescae offices and invade it. Rip up their desks and carpets and take them home for souvenirs. Give their staff a slap as well.

RoYO!
07-08-2016, 11:23 AM
No more links on here. If you must visit their site, copy and paste for all to see what spraff they are spouting.

Jdawg
07-08-2016, 11:24 AM
Why would anyone with a modicum of intelligence buy the filthy sensationalist weegie rag anyway?

greenginger
07-08-2016, 11:27 AM
Complaining to the Record in Glasgow will be a waste of time.

The paper is owned by the Trinity Mirror Group,

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00082548/officers

Try a complaint to the CEO . He's probably unaware of the vile , lying , rag that kids on its a newspaper , employing Sevco a*se lickers, is part of the group of companies he is responsible for.

Eyrie
07-08-2016, 11:54 AM
I can't join any boycott for the simple reason that I have never bought the rag and never visited their website.

The closest I've come to their crap is when it gets copied and posted on here.

SloopJB
07-08-2016, 12:03 PM
This is what I think too.
what would be good is if some kind of database of email addresses could be set up under one umbrella that could send a number of emails with the one message.
Keep them polite and copy in the press complaints commission.

Pretty Boy
07-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Don't buy it anyway.

Won't click on their website from now on as that's where the real money is for them.

Fife-Hibee
07-08-2016, 12:07 PM
Wouldn't buy that rag anyway. Their hun arse sooking is beyond pathetic. They stirred the pot during the Scott Allan saga last year in favour of their beloved rangers and their reporting of the cup final aftermath was shocking.

Keith Jackson doesn't even have the dignity to apologise for his downright lies that "11 rangers players were brutally attacked". Pathetic, disgusting attempt to join in with rangers "oh it was the big bad hibees, we only came on to save our players"etc etc pish.

Disgusting rag and I hope the club speak out about how they have treated this club. I hope none of their shabby journalists (in the loosest sense of the word) never again enter ER.

This 100%

Ozyhibby
07-08-2016, 12:09 PM
Also, I've unfollowed them on Twitter including Jackson and Waddell. A proper boycott has to involve that as they value their 'reach' on Twitter.

northstandhibby
07-08-2016, 12:22 PM

:thumbsup:

Sorry it's come to this kind of protest though definitely vindicated by the constant bias and lies.

Glory Glory

Hibernia&Alba
07-08-2016, 12:27 PM
I never buy that tabloid pish anyway. I don't know why anyone would want to get their news from such childish sources.

theonlywayisup
07-08-2016, 12:33 PM
It's great that so many are already boycotting them. I must confirm that I sometimes pick up the paper when in the carry out or hairdresser. But now, never again. And I'll be telling them all that they should stop buying the Rangers fanzine.

Tell all BOYCOTT THE DAILY RECORD.

greenginger
07-08-2016, 12:38 PM
What about getting an online petition started so their lies have to debated at Holyrood.

worcesterhibby
07-08-2016, 12:42 PM
The only way that a boycott will have any influence is if we all boycott the places that sell the Record. Tell your local newsagents/convenience store that you will not be buying anything from them until they stop selling the rag. If 10 or 20 retailers stop selling their newspaper then it will have a small influence.

Ozyhibby
07-08-2016, 12:43 PM
What about getting an online petition started so their lies have to debated at Holyrood.

Online petitions don't work and the Record would enjoy publicity.

Iggy Pope
07-08-2016, 12:44 PM
I never buy it anyway. Klopp refused to answer a question from a Sun journalist yesterday. There's a clip on Twitter.

I'm not a Liverpool fan by any stretch, but that fellah is a class act.

ben johnson
07-08-2016, 01:08 PM
A friend of mine phoned the SFA Travel Club back in the early 2000s over the lack of information re the tickets for a Hampden friendly. " We have put an advert in the Daily Record re ticketing arrangements " the girl at the Sfa told him.
" What about people who buy a newspaper in the morning " replied my mate. The girl went off on one praising the paper for all they do for Scottish football. Rather fierce in her defence of the paper I was told.

Skyegreen
07-08-2016, 01:16 PM
Very rarely buy a paper accept the odd occasion! Never a Sun or Record. EEN usually

Franck Stanton
07-08-2016, 01:27 PM
When I go down the local they have a pub copy, refuse to even read it there and it doesn't cost me anything. Rag of a paper. Tittle-tattle, lies and westcoast bias. Wouldn't even wipe my rse with it to be honest

Hibrandenburg
07-08-2016, 03:53 PM
Last time I bought that rag was to read up on the Sourness debut game. I was on holiday at the time in Greece and it was before the Internet.

Finn2015
07-08-2016, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. On the train from Glasgow queen street to Falkirk yesterday, a guy opposite had a copy and I saw the front page with 15 hibs fans blah blah. A Hun apologist paper

Vini1875
07-08-2016, 04:11 PM
Similar with me, ever since the Jackson/Mckay's attempt to create trouble at the Club over the Thomson/Brown saga.

I also let them I would not be buying their paper again and the reasons why. They should know why they are losing customers.

MB62
07-08-2016, 04:14 PM
I very seldom buy newspapers of any kind these days. However, once every 6 weeks or so, when waiting on the wife coming out the hairdresser, I buy a paper to read whilst sitting having my bacon roll etc. I have to admit, it is normally the D.R. I buy but when I seen the headline on Saturday, I was raging and opted for something else. I have sworn to myself that not another penny will be spent on that rag and it will never see the light of day in my house ever again.

Rather than us bombarding them with e-mails, I would rather see just one being sent, from Leeann to their big chief, telling them they are no longer welcome at Easter Road.

Brizo
07-08-2016, 04:49 PM
Stopped buying it when Jackshun was using that rag as unofficial agent to tout KT and Broony to the OF. And of course KTs "column" in which his ghost writer did everything possible to engineer KTs move to the huns. Tbh i'm surprised that any Hibbie bought it after that.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-08-2016, 04:53 PM
It's a Glasgow paper for the West coast. Whether it is for one or the other of the OF makes no odds.

Colr
07-08-2016, 05:04 PM

Never bought it, never read their website.

Spike Mandela
07-08-2016, 05:08 PM
Haven't bought it or read it in years but occasionally got notifications from it on my phone. Now uninstalled the app.

Felt good.:thumbsup:

SunshineOnLeith
07-08-2016, 05:09 PM
The Daily Record costs 65p. What idiots are actually walking into a shop and parting with 65p for the Daily Record? You could buy a pack of monster munch or some delicious chocolate for the 65p and be no less well informed about current events.

WoreTheGreen
07-08-2016, 05:13 PM
2 pack of quilted andrex £0.99 better value

One Day
07-08-2016, 05:16 PM
I'm boycotting it. Shower of sh*te. They will never get money from me again.

Highland_Hibee
07-08-2016, 05:19 PM
IMO it's not worth bringing a planned "boycott" to anybodies attention. We know how those who treat the DR as gospel think. "The Hibs can't handle the truth being printed" yadda yadda. I have never bought it and surely any self respecting Hibee wouldn't require any more convincing at this stage?

Smartie
07-08-2016, 05:35 PM
My grandad used to get it and I quite enjoyed reading the football section when I went to see him. That was 30 years ago though.

As an adult the only time I think I think I've ever bought it was when it was the only Scottish paper at a news stand overseas, in the days when you got news from a paper and not online.

It's hard to think of a way we could hurt them as a boycott would (in my case anyway) be ineffective.

I wouldn't be against banning them from Easter Road. It's a rag that is spreading malicious garbage about us to pander to neaderthal hun hordes as it is - they can't get any worse if we refuse to co-operate with them. Their credibility is little better than that of a Rangers fanzine - at least a Rangers fanzine is unapologetic about what it is.

We're not on our own - I reckon the fans of every other club would be with us on the subject of what went on at the cup final. The Rangers ain't popular.

Winston Ingram
07-08-2016, 06:30 PM
I've boycotted that piece of ***** for my whole life:agree:

.Sean.
07-08-2016, 06:54 PM
Hibs should ban them from Easter Road

ACLeith
07-08-2016, 06:58 PM
I've boycotted that piece of ***** for my whole life:agree:
Me to. I have never spent one penny on it in my entire 67 years on the planet, maybe at my funeral it will be said I never did!

007 Mickey Weir
07-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Yes no purchase, online viewing or anything associated with that lying rag of a paper. Wouldn't even wipe my bum with it

jingler1954
07-08-2016, 07:43 PM

I am a newsagent and I will be promoting any wrag apart from the Daily Ranger GGTTH

Hillsidehibby
07-08-2016, 07:44 PM
I used to deliver Pat Stantons paper every morning when he lived in Mountcastle. It was a Daily Record. Just saying.

CropleyWasGod
07-08-2016, 07:48 PM

But he'll still take Murdoch's shilling for his next striker? :wink:

keep the faith
07-08-2016, 07:53 PM
I will guarantee that someone will post a link from the DR on this forum within the next couple of days.
That's the problem and until people stop looking at their website then a paper boycott makes no difference.
I haven't bought the paper for 10 years or opened a link for 2 years and never will again.

IainA
07-08-2016, 08:32 PM
I used to deliver Pat Stantons paper every morning when he lived in Mountcastle. It was a Daily Record. Just saying.

I bet he doesn't buy it these days. A lot of people used to buy it years ago but their circulation has plummeted in Scotland, particularly since the Indi referendum.

Look ok who owns it!

Finn2015
07-08-2016, 08:34 PM

If imagine there are a lot of people who used to read it but as their Hun bias etc has deteriorated over the years to the extent it has now reached, I'd imagine more and more people have cut their ties with it. My dad used to read it daily, hasn't touched it for years now

CropleyWasGod
07-08-2016, 08:51 PM
I bet he doesn't buy it these days. A lot of people used to buy it years ago but their circulation has plummeted in Scotland, particularly since the Indi referendum.

Look ok who owns it!
Trinity Mirror Group?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bronson
07-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Send them relentless emails demanding that Keith Jackson apologises to hibs publicly for his blatant lies and complete fabrication surrounding the scottish cup final?

heretoday
07-08-2016, 09:11 PM
Boycott the Record? No problem! Sometimes they try to give it away in our local newsagent if they can't sell it. Not many takers.

Killiehibbie
07-08-2016, 09:16 PM
Get in touch with David Dick their Digital Director of Media. He's no hun.

Newhaven
07-08-2016, 09:23 PM
Hibs should ban them from Easter Road

This 100%.

Why should we be giving them access to the holy ground given their view of the club and its supporters?

I don't care if it's contractual or whatever. Let them be in no doubt that we won't be mucked about or taken as mugs.

We can also spread the word to those that continue to buy it, perhaps out of habit, on its fabricated stories. Don't give them a dime in the form of buying it or clicking on the website.

Deansy
07-08-2016, 09:23 PM
Boycott the 'R*tard' ?? Easy done in my circle of friends - anyone who ******s-up or just does/says something incredibly daft, gets called - 'R*TARD READER' !!

HibsNutter
07-08-2016, 09:26 PM
All tabloids are full of **** anyway, everyone knows it. Go and buy the Scotsman/Times etc and read about something that doesn't include some fanny from Love Island on the front page.

capitals_finest
07-08-2016, 09:45 PM
I would imagine the Record has a very low readership across Edinburgh and the East Coast. I like to think that so few Hibs supporters buy this paper for a boycott to make any difference to their sales. I think it is quite clear that they have probably given up enticing our supporter base with any form of journalism that would interest us. Their target market is pretty obvious.

However I do wish to see the club take a stance against them telling them they are not welcome at Easter Road as the stories they have been printing are completely misleading and damaging to the club and its supporters.

Bill Milne
08-08-2016, 08:02 AM
I stopped buying this rag and its sister paper, the Sunday Moron, some months ago. Reading like a The Rangers fanzine every day!!

Waxy
08-08-2016, 08:16 AM
Wouldn't even buy it for toilet roll. Rather use jaggy nettles.

snooky
08-08-2016, 08:24 AM
Surely the person who is ultimately responsible is the editor. He decides what gets published no matter what drivel or lies his subordinates submit.

Paisley Hibby
08-08-2016, 08:26 PM
Daily Record circulation in 2011 was 275,000. Today it's 176,000, a drop of 36% in just 5 years. At that rate it won't be long until there's no Daily Record to boycott anyway. It won't be missed.

Carheenlea
08-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Daily Record circulation in 2011 was 275,000. Today it's 176,000, a drop of 36% in just 5 years. At that rate it won't be long until there's no Daily Record to boycott anyway. It won't be missed.

Will there be any newspapers who haven't seen their circulation dwindle?
The written press are becoming less relevant and influential in Scottish football with each passing year.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-08-2016, 09:37 PM
Send them relentless emails demanding that Keith Jackson apologises to hibs publicly for his blatant lies and complete fabrication surrounding the scottish cup final?

Can't see that happening. It would upset its target audience.

Jim44
08-08-2016, 09:45 PM
Get in touch with David Dick their Digital Director of Media. He's no hun.

With a name like that, he should be!

All tabloids are full of **** anyway, everyone knows it. Go and buy the Scotsman/Times etc and read about something that doesn't include some fanny from Love Island on the front page.

For the record, (pardon the pun), the Scotsman is a tabloid............ and it is full of **** as well, particularly anti-Hibs ****.

Finn2015
09-08-2016, 06:58 AM

You would think they would question why that's the case and address it but obviously not

oneone73
09-08-2016, 07:01 AM

Don't get carried away. They still make a fortune from digital advertising. The brand won't be going away.

Jim44
09-08-2016, 07:09 AM
Don't get carried away. They still make a fortune from digital advertising. The brand won't be going away.

The only ones who will suffer will be the printers, delivery staff and, I suppose, newsagents.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-08-2016, 07:14 AM

Yup. It's no longer about physical sales and they know their niche.
With so many "papers" seemingly opting for the same newsfeeds (you'll never believe what happened next" type click-bait) they are fast becoming indistinguishable from each other. In the move to digital in some cases it seems they almost forgot what they were about - or they changes to become a troll fest - anything to get folks to your site (Scotsman and EEN anybody?)

SuperAllyMcleod
09-08-2016, 07:23 AM
I don't agree with banning them from ER - that just looks childish. Far better to take the moral high ground on this one and condem what they write while refusing to buy it.

While the Record may not lose any sleep about a boycott from Hibs fans, they may do so from fans of all clubs. Perhaps the answer lies in trying to reach out to the fan sites of other clubs (including Keechback) and trying to get a national boycott going?

AndyB_70
09-08-2016, 11:24 AM
I'm surprised there are any half wits still around that would buy either The Record or The Sun. They have to be the worst newspapers ever aimed at knuckle draggers.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-08-2016, 11:33 AM
I'm surprised there are any half wits still around that would buy either The Record or The Sun. They have to be the worst newspapers ever aimed at knuckle draggers.

Quite handy for the punting pages on a Saturday though. :agree:

CropleyWasGod
09-08-2016, 11:54 AM
Quite handy for the punting pages on a Saturday though. :agree:

This is kind of where I stand on all media, print or otherwise.

You use the DR for betting. Others might use it for other non-controversial stuff, such as its showbiz pages. In that, it has a value to its user.

I read it now and again to get a flavour of what is going on in popular culture. In the same way, I might read the Express to see what the right-wing are saying. I may not "enjoy" what I read, but the experience is always worthwhile, for lots of reasons.

Thecat23
09-08-2016, 12:03 PM
This is kind of where I stand on all media, print or otherwise.

You use the DR for betting. Others might use it for other non-controversial stuff, such as its showbiz pages. In that, it has a value to its user.

I read it now and again to get a flavour of what is going on in popular culture. In the same way, I might read the Express to see what the right-wing are saying. I may not "enjoy" what I read, but the experience is always worthwhile, for lots of reasons.

In this day and age, you could get all that info from social media sites. 😉