PDA

View Full Version : Carmichael - back to QoS on Loan

Bald Reynard
07-08-2016, 09:54 AM
Rumours down here (Dumfries) the last couple of days, that Queens are lining up a deal to take Carmichael back on loan. Lennon is keen to give him more first team action and check out his fitness and Queens need a wide player. The only sticking point, is how long the Loan will last.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2016, 09:55 AM
Rumours up here (Dumfries) the last couple of days, that Queens are lining up a deal to take Carmichael back on loan. Lennon is keen to give him more first team action and check out his fitness and Queens need a wide player. The only sticking point, is how long the Loan will last.

Think he's only got a year left. We'll see on Tuesday if he's in the squad or not, if there's any truth in it

SouthMoroccoStu
07-08-2016, 10:04 AM
Clearing to make room for another player(s)?

Greenworld
07-08-2016, 10:20 AM
Could be a good shout if reckon a couple of others might go out also ..loan deals to Xmas would make sense

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Smartie
07-08-2016, 10:25 AM
I'm not sure we need less wide options - I think we need more.

We need to add a genuinely left-sided wide player and keep Carmichael imo.

MWHIBBIES
07-08-2016, 10:36 AM
Hope he stays, I very much think he has a part to play.

3pm
07-08-2016, 10:41 AM
I have nothing against him at all but it won't affect us if he leaves.

If we need to get rid of someone to make room for someone else, he'd be on my list (with a few others I hasten to add).

Nothing against the lad. He would probably benefit him getting a move too.

wookie70
07-08-2016, 10:49 AM
I like the look of him from the games he has played in. Unless we have at least one if not two wide players lineup then I would keep him

B.H.F.C
07-08-2016, 10:50 AM
I have nothing against him at all but it won't affect us if he leaves.

If we need to get rid of someone to make room for someone else, he'd be on my list (with a few others I hasten to add).

Nothing against the lad. He would probably benefit him getting a move too.

Agree with this. He looked decent enough against Birmingham but I struggle to see him getting many minutes.

If we can move a few on who are in that situation, and get one or two in that are really going to put pressure on those in the team then I'd be happy with that

J-C
07-08-2016, 10:59 AM
Carmichael has been hindered with injuries and struggled most of last season to get fit and game time, this may have set his progress back and he's fallen further down the pecking order and at the same time the quality of players and their play has become higher making it harder for him to get in the team. Sometimes things don't work out for certain reasons and it looks that way with Carmichael, he seems a nice lad and it may be better for his career if he moves on to another club.

Malthibby
07-08-2016, 12:29 PM
Half season loan to QoftheS would do nicely - get him fit & ready to come back, because I like him & think we have a player there.
Decent game time would let us assess him properly.
In the meantime he can't play against us & is free to do some damage elsewhere.
GG

07-08-2016, 12:50 PM
This might be such a bad idea IMO. The boy has been very unfortunate with injuries and hasn't been able to get a lot of game time under his belt. I think he's an alright wee player but just hasn't been able to get much of a chance. Out on loan would give him a chance to get some game time. Put a clause in it that he can't play against us though, don't want him to end up haunting us lol!

Billy McKirdy
07-08-2016, 12:56 PM
I really rate the guy and think we should look to keeping him long term, a period on loan may do his prospects of a new offer no harm at all

Deano Mourinho
07-08-2016, 12:58 PM
Too injury prone for me let him go on loan and we can try and bring GMS from Celtic?

calumhibee1
07-08-2016, 01:02 PM
Would let him go until January with the possibility of releasing him at that point and signing for QOTS permanently. Unless he has a great first half of the season for QOTS then I'd get him back and have another look.

Jonnyboy
07-08-2016, 07:10 PM
Too injury prone for me let him go on loan and we can try and bring GMS from Celtic?

The same GMS that's currently out injured, and not for the first time? :wink:

Dashing Bob S
07-08-2016, 07:29 PM

GMS, Carmichael, Harris...who would be a pacy winger in Scottish football?

Marco G
07-08-2016, 09:21 PM
I like the look of him from the games he has played in. Unless we have at least one if not two wide players lineup then I would keep him
Agree. I have not seen him playing enough to be certain, but he could give us width and the fact that he is in the mix makes me think he will be part of our plans.

HibbyAndy
07-08-2016, 09:24 PM
Nae big loss..He is more injured than Dylan

Deano Mourinho
07-08-2016, 09:24 PM

Back in training and matchfit but not fancied by Brendan Rogers

BoomtownHibees
07-08-2016, 09:25 PM
Back in training and matchfit but not fancied by Brendan Rogers

Heading to Ross County I think

Andy74
07-08-2016, 09:28 PM
Agree. I have not seen him playing enough to be certain, but he could give us width and the fact that he is in the mix makes me think he will be part of our plans.

I'm not sure he does give us width. He seems to prefer a central position and not sure I've seen him hit a bye line.

I don't think it's worked out so far and he wouldn't really be missed.

Marco G
07-08-2016, 09:49 PM
I'm not sure he does give us width. He seems to prefer a central position and not sure I've seen him hit a bye line.

As I say, have not seen enough of him due to his injuries, to know if you are right or I am right!

Smartie
07-08-2016, 09:56 PM

I thought his preferred position was out wide on the right and that's where he'd need to be playing to be hitting the bye-line regularly - to the best of my knowledge he's never played there for us.

He did a cracking job cutting in from the left in that game against Alloa last season though, and I remember him coming on centrally and helping us close out games in the cups against Aberdeen and Hearts.

J-C
07-08-2016, 10:50 PM
I remember when he played for QOS against Rangers in the playoff the commentator said he normally prefers a central role but was playing wide right due to injuries in the team, so he can play wide but is better central and if that's the case he is miles behind 3-4 players.

MWHIBBIES
07-08-2016, 11:00 PM
I remember when he played for QOS against Rangers in the playoff the commentator said he normally prefers a central role but was playing wide right due to injuries in the team, so he can play wide but is better central and if that's the case he is miles behind 3-4 players.He can play central without playing central midfield. He is nothing like McGeough or Fyvie so he isn't behind them.

J-C
07-08-2016, 11:07 PM
He can play central without playing central midfield. He is nothing like McGeough or Fyvie so he isn't behind them.

Unless he is played as an attacking central midfielder but will Lennon see him as that or will he see him as a wider midfielder. We play generally with at least 3 central midfielders attacking /normal or defensive, for me we have Fyvie, Dylan, McGinn, Bartley, Martin and Henderson if/when he comes. I can't see Lennon changing to a 4-2-3-1 system just to fit Carmichael in as an attacking mid, he'll play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 with a winger, still leaves Carmichael way down the pecking order.

brog
08-08-2016, 07:01 AM
I think he's an excellent player & it would make no sense to me to return him to the pitch which was reputedly a factor in his injury last season. IIRC he signed a 3 year deal. I hope he gets a proper chance but if not I'd rather we used him as makeweight in a deal that would be of greater benefit to us.

Brightside
08-08-2016, 07:39 AM

Also Danny has only had the one actual injury....just took them a while to fix it properly. He's a super player but he is not the nippy winger that many thought he would be.

J-C
08-08-2016, 09:33 AM
I think he's an excellent player & it would make no sense to me to return him to the pitch which was reputedly a factor in his injury last season. IIRC he signed a 3 year deal. I hope he gets a proper chance but if not I'd rather we used him as makeweight in a deal that would be of greater benefit to us.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32979235

2 year deal it says here.

brog
08-08-2016, 09:35 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32979235

2 year deal it says here.

Thanks, interesting what AS thought of him!!

"He is an exciting winger - direct, quick and clever," said Hibs manager Alan Stubbs.

easty
08-08-2016, 09:53 AM
He'll not be missed...cannae miss someone who was never available.

J-C
08-08-2016, 09:56 AM
Thanks, interesting what AS thought of him!!

"He is an exciting winger - direct, quick and clever," said Hibs manager Alan Stubbs.

Yea I noticed that too, just a pity Stubbs never played with wingers, when Carmichael and Boyle were both fit they sat on the bench all the time.

The Modfather
08-08-2016, 10:14 AM
Yea I noticed that too, just a pity Stubbs never played with wingers, when Carmichael and Boyle were both fit they sat on the bench all the time.

I'm probably in a minority but don't really rate Boyle. He is definitely the type of player we need and gives us another option with his pace, but he reminds me of Sproule in the early days when he was still very raw.

End product can be questionable and felt he could be a bit of headless chicken at times last season when he needed to hug the touch line to give Gray an option. Another goal like against Livi and I'll soon warm to him though :-)

brog
08-08-2016, 10:20 AM

Not really true about Dan. His only period of full fitness this year was in February when he started 2 games, came on in 1 & was an unused sub in 1. After that he was injured again. I hope he gets a game tomorrow.

Smartie
08-08-2016, 10:22 AM
I'm probably in a minority but don't really rate Boyle. He is definitely the type of player we need and gives us another option with his pace, but he reminds me of Sproule in the early days when he was still very raw.

End product can be questionable and felt he could be a bit of headless chicken at times last season when he needed to hug the touch line to give Gray an option. Another goal like against Livi and I'll soon warm to him though :-)

Yeah, me too, but I could only describe that as a positive thing.

Blinding pace and the ability to do the unexpected (even Sproule didn't know what he was going to do at times).

A very effective player for us indeed, in spite of that rawness.

Brightside
08-08-2016, 10:27 AM

He's an impact player...a good option as Sub but wouldn't be in the starting line up much.

J-C
08-08-2016, 10:33 AM
[/B]Not really true about Dan. His only period of full fitness this year was in February when he started 2 games, came on in 1 & was an unused sub in 1. After that he was injured again. I hope he gets a game tomorrow.

Only played 9 games last season which was a shame as I liked what I saw of him at QOS, I knew he had hip problems the 1st half of the season but I thought he was fit and ready to go from Feb onwards, he played very well in the victory against Alloa at ER and I thought we'd see more of him after that.

WeeRussell
08-08-2016, 11:12 AM

You're not the only one. If he wasn't fast, he wouldn't be with us - but his pace is a decent weapon to have and I like his attitude also! He's improving as well.

You used Sproule as an example, who I think was probably less gifted than Boyle as a footballer and even more reliant on pace... he is still one of my favourite players ever :aok:

JimBHibees
08-08-2016, 11:13 AM
Only played 9 games last season which was a shame as I liked what I saw of him at QOS, I knew he had hip problems the 1st half of the season but I thought he was fit and ready to go from Feb onwards, he played very well in the victory against Alloa at ER and I thought we'd see more of him after that.

Think he got injured again.

fishybeaver
08-08-2016, 03:55 PM

I agree, much running about with little return, personally I think Harris is a more intelligent player with a decent final ball as his assist record shows, although not as busy as Boyle. One thing I would say about Boyle is is attitude always seem spot on.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-08-2016, 09:32 PM
Not sure that this boy is ever likely to get a regular game with us . Impact player at best. No disrespect to him but if it was going to happen for him it would have already.

oneone73
09-08-2016, 07:41 AM
Not sure that this boy is ever likely to get a regular game with us . Impact player at best. No disrespect to him but if it was going to happen for him it would have already.

Is it just me that likes having impact players around?

easty
09-08-2016, 07:49 AM
Is it just me that likes having impact players around?

They're good if they actually make an impact. Carmichael didn't.