PDA

View Full Version : Warm up routine

h18eeynick
06-08-2016, 11:34 PM
Just interested to hear views on our match warm up routine . Didnt like it under Stubbs with starting players seperated from bench and not very high tempo. I was in Falkirk today but no ticket so visited relations in nearby areas but was at Brondby home game but cant really think what they did

Pretty Boy
07-08-2016, 06:04 AM
Very similar to Stubbs. I think the warm up comes under the fitness teams remit.

Keeping the subs and starters seperate makes sense imo.

jax67
07-08-2016, 06:49 AM
I'd like to see a throw- in warm up!!

hibbysam
07-08-2016, 07:07 AM
Just interested to hear views on our match warm up routine . Didnt like it under Stubbs with starting players seperated from bench and not very high tempo. I was in Falkirk today but no ticket so visited relations in nearby areas but was at Brondby home game but cant really think what they did

You cannot have the subs going through the same high intensity warm up as the starters, to then sit back down on the bench, or they would sieze up and get injured.

h18eeynick
07-08-2016, 08:03 AM
You cannot have the subs going through the same high intensity warm up as the starters, to then sit back down on the bench, or they would sieze up and get injured.

Good point ! Never thought of that ! Thats my amateur football upbringing for you. Have often thought that we are slow starters but apart from Brondby at home we seem to be getting out the traps much better under Lennon but that i guess could be teamtalk as much as warm up

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2016, 08:30 AM

Agreed but then why does a sub not do some kind of warm up before coming on? Most times it's a jog round then a quick stretch of the hammy/groin before maybe a couple of shuttle runs.

Not even close to what the starting guys do. Would explain why a lot of subs struggle to get up to the pace of a game?

Itsnoteasy
07-08-2016, 01:59 PM
I'd like to see a throw- in warm up!!
It should have started 30 years ago