PDA

View Full Version : Old boy that took ill

Craig_HFC
06-08-2016, 09:25 PM
Does anyone know if the guy that took ill at half time is alright? The guy that was with him (I'd guess his grandson) looked really worried. Hope he was alright.

Sammy7nil
07-08-2016, 03:09 PM
Yeah hope he made a full recovery

Kaiserclem
07-08-2016, 04:40 PM
Yeah I hope the guy is ok. I was thinking about him last night and hope he is good. First aid / paramedic and stewards were first class and there quickly to help him. Thoughts are with him and hope our win cheered him up.

mim
08-08-2016, 08:48 AM
Thoughts are with him. He didn't look at all well when he was being lifted down the steps.

soupy
08-08-2016, 03:15 PM
Someone has told me he got transferred from the hospital in Falkirk to the Western and is in a critical condition, still very ill,
Get well soon buddy........

hibbybrian
08-08-2016, 03:18 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery to him

Billy Whizz
13-08-2016, 01:52 PM
Just heard that it was Alan Melville, but everyone knows him as Ted. Just spoke to his son pre match. He's just woken up this morning. Couldn't meet a nicer guy, goes to every game home and away, and all the under 20's games
Speedy recovery Ted

BoomtownHibees
24-08-2016, 06:24 PM
Heard sad news that this guy also passed away today.

Sad times.

RIP

FranckSuzy
24-08-2016, 06:26 PM

Sad times.

RIP

Very sorry to hear this. RIP and my thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Billy Whizz
24-08-2016, 06:26 PM

Sad times.

RIP

Was told this today as well. Ted went to very game home and away, as well as most development games home and away as well

Juice-Terry
24-08-2016, 06:28 PM
Very sad news. All the best to his friends and family. RIP.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2016, 06:33 PM
Was only a few rows in front of me at Falkirk. Didn't look good at the time but had been hoping no news was good news, sadly not.

RIP.

Sammy7nil
24-08-2016, 06:50 PM
Sad news RIP

greenlad
24-08-2016, 06:58 PM
Pleasant cheerful guy who we didn't know by name but used to say hello to at away games - one of the faces you saw everywhere. Like us he used to be in his seat early. Even at the Falkirk game that day he was sitting a few rows in front and had a smile on his face, making a joke about my Dad and me cleaning our dirty seats with our pie napkins.

RIP.

mim
24-08-2016, 07:05 PM
Sincere condolences to friends and family.
Another face that I saw most weeks, but won't see again.
You saw the Scottish Cup coming home, Ted.
I hope that is some consolation to your family.

R.I.P.

Ilovehibs
24-08-2016, 10:06 PM

Sad times.

RIP

Rip to another great Hibbie gone too soon. You saw that cup win Ted. Sincere condolences to all your family at this saddest of times for you. God bless. GGTTH.

cabbageandribs1875
24-08-2016, 10:10 PM
RIP ted, condolences to family and friends

BSEJVT
25-08-2016, 08:55 AM
RIP Ted

Far too much of this type of news of late or maybe the internet just lets you hear of such things more

So glad you got to see us win the cup

Condolences to family & friends

Finn2015
25-08-2016, 08:58 AM
My sincere condolences

JDHibs
25-08-2016, 09:10 AM
Gutted about this!

Seen him being wheeled away at the game and it didnt look good, so after not hearing anything i had naively thought he'd made a recovery.

Condolences out to his family and friends!

Him and Sammy can have their own Scottish Cup Party!

KWJ
25-08-2016, 11:07 AM
So sad.

RIP Sir. Hibs will forever be Scottish Cup Champions.

erin go bragh
25-08-2016, 07:37 PM
Sad to hear . Condolences to family and friends . Rip fellow Hi Bee .

Allan M.
27-08-2016, 08:38 AM
Hi everyone, it’s Allan here, one of Ted’s sons.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their kind messages on this thread.

Ted passed away on Tuesday evening in the Western General, he’d been in the intensive care unit since suffering a stroke at half-time during the opening day game at Falkirk.

I’d like to belatedly thank all of those around us at the game for making room for the stewards and paramedics to attend to him. In particular to the young lad who was good enough to run down and alert the stewards to the situation. The stewards, paramedics and doctor at the Falkirk Stadium were excellent and couldn’t have done more for us.

Thanks are also due to Frank Dougan for offering assistance at the game and for the help he has provided over the last couple of weeks.

Ted had been a regular at Easter Road since the late Forties, so had the good fortune to watch many of our most celebrated teams and players. That glorious day at Hampden in May was the icing on the cake and completed his own personal hat-trick of seeing us winning all the top honours in the Scottish game. He has on the wall a team photo of the championship winning side of 1951/52, most of us can only be jealous that he was fortunate to have watched them on a weekly basis.

As Billy has said, he was also a keen follower of the development squad. The last full game he saw was the Under 20’s pre-season friendly at Tranent and he was looking forward to watching the team playing under the roof at Oriam. You’ll need to bring your own toffees from now on Billy!

I’ve uploaded a picture of him, taken shortly after the final whistle on 21st May. I’m sure many regulars at the away games, the under 20s, in the FF upper or in BTG will know him, even if they don’t recognise the name.

https://postimg.org/image/4yu52ndmn/

I’d also like to send my best wishes to the family and friends of Sam and Lesley Ann who have also recently passed. Not forgetting all those other supporters of our great club who we have lost but perhaps not heard about.

G.G.T.T.H

FranckSuzy
27-08-2016, 09:00 AM

Ted passed away on Tuesday evening in the Western General, he’d been in the intensive care unit since suffering a stroke at half-time during the opening day game at Falkirk.

I’d like to belatedly thank all of those around us at the game for making room for the stewards and paramedics to attend to him. In particular to the young lad who was good enough to run down and alert the stewards to the situation. The stewards, paramedics and doctor at the Falkirk Stadium were excellent and couldn’t have done more for us.

Thanks are also due to Frank Dougan for offering assistance at the game and for the help he has provided over the last couple of weeks.

Ted had been a regular at Easter Road since the late Forties, so had the good fortune to watch many of our most celebrated teams and players. That glorious day at Hampden in May was the icing on the cake and completed his own personal hat-trick of seeing us winning all the top honours in the Scottish game. He has on the wall a team photo of the championship winning side of 1951/52, most of us can only be jealous that he was fortunate to have watched them on a weekly basis.

As Billy has said, he was also a keen follower of the development squad. The last full game he saw was the Under 20’s pre-season friendly at Tranent and he was looking forward to watching the team playing under the roof at Oriam. You’ll need to bring your own toffees from now on Billy!

I’ve uploaded a picture of him, taken shortly after the final whistle on 21st May. I’m sure many regulars at the away games, the under 20s, in the FF upper or in BTG will know him, even if they don’t recognise the name.

I’d also like to send my best wishes to the family and friends of Sam and Lesley Ann who have also recently passed. Not forgetting all those other supporters of our great club who we have lost but perhaps not heard about.

G.G.T.T.H

Thanks very much for posting, your dad sounds like a wonderful man. RIP Ted, along with Sam and Lesley Ann.

Scouse Hibee
27-08-2016, 09:04 AM

G.G.T.T.H

So sorry for your loss mate,some comfort in knowing that your Dad was watching his beloved Hibs when he took ill and was fortunate enough to have seen some great football throughout his years and at last a Scottish cup win.

StevieCowan
27-08-2016, 09:04 AM
Recognised the face straight away from the 20's games and also at ER.

Sorry to read of your loss.

The Angels High Above have another member, which seems to be sadly growing over the last 12 months.

Pretty Boy
27-08-2016, 09:06 AM

G.G.T.T.H

Lovely post and thoughts with your family.

Recognise your Dad from the development games and have said hello to him on a few occasions.

B.H.F.C
27-08-2016, 09:07 AM
Oh when the Hibs went up to lift the Scottish Cup.......

RIP

Hibeewilly
27-08-2016, 09:09 AM

G.G.T.T.H
Allan

That's a really nice post.
I was at Falkirk and knew what had happened but only now when you posted the photograph have I realised it was Ted.
Are you his son that's sits with him in the FF upper? If so I've met you countless times with him at home and away games and of course behind the goals where he always went pre match. I used to sit behind him in the FF before the East was built when we moved over there. When I first started taking my nephews and niece to the games he always said hello and was keen to know that they were going to enjoy the day - an absolute gentleman. He will be sorely missed by The Hibernian Family but like one or two others who have been taken from us recently witnessed us winning The Holy Grail. My condolences go out to you and your family at this sad time and lets hope the boys do him proud today. RIP Ted

oconnors_strip
27-08-2016, 10:02 AM
After seeing his photo I now know who he is. Was given a lift to and from some under 20s matches over the years, a very friendly guy and as said another massive Hibee.

RIP Ted

Allan M.
27-08-2016, 10:04 AM
Allan

That's a really nice post.
I was at Falkirk and knew what had happened but only now when you posted the photograph have I realised it was Ted.
Are you his son that's sits with him in the FF upper? If so I've met you countless times with him at home and away games and of course behind the goals where he always went pre match. I used to sit behind him in the FF before the East was built when we moved over there. When I first started taking my nephews and niece to the games he always said hello and was keen to know that they were going to enjoy the day - an absolute gentleman. He will be sorely missed by The Hibernian Family but like one or two others who have been taken from us recently witnessed us winning The Holy Grail. My condolences go out to you and your family at this sad time and lets hope the boys do him proud today. RIP Ted

Thanks mate, I know exactly who you are from that info.

He always enjoyed having a blether with you when we bumped into you and the lads in BTG or around the country.

Hibeewilly
27-08-2016, 11:22 AM
Thanks mate, I know exactly who you are from that info.

He always enjoyed having a blether with you when we bumped into you and the lads in BTG or around the country.
See you soon for a pint BTG mate. I go to the Hibs Club these days but wiil make a point of popping in for a pint

Thecat23
27-08-2016, 11:41 AM

G.G.T.T.H

Very sorry for your loss mate. Great pic of him, delighted be seen us lift the cup.