PDA

View Full Version : Laidlaw

GreenCastle
06-08-2016, 07:24 PM
Think he did really well today.

Made a good save at 2-1 - took some crosses near the end also.

Couldn't do much about the goal and kicked well. Didn't have loads to do but played his part.

You can tell his still learning but well done for his 1st team debut in the league.

theonlywayisup
06-08-2016, 07:29 PM
Think he did really well today.

Made a good save at 2-1 - took some crosses near the end also.

Couldn't do much about the goal and kicked well. Didn't have loads to do but played his part.

You can tell his still learning but well done for his 1st team debut in the league.

Glad you started a thread. I was impressed with him, both during the warmup and during the game.

I thought it was interesting during the warmup that everything thrown at him stuck, whilst some at Virtanen seemed to require a second touch.

SouthMoroccoStu
06-08-2016, 07:29 PM
All sound good to me

And bare in mind it Sound like he had little chance with the goal

Very pleased to have solid competition for the goalie spot.

Something that was maybe lacking for Oxley until Logan came in

GGTTH

Finn2015
06-08-2016, 07:30 PM
Yeah thought he did well and stood up well. The Israeli keeper might have a job to him the no 1 jersey

Baldy Foghorn
06-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Been impressed with him so far, make a cracking save late on in Brondby, did well again Today.

northstandhibby
06-08-2016, 07:46 PM
Been impressed with him so far, make a cracking save late on in Brondby, did well again Today.

Agreed. The young man is bearing up very well indeed. Well done young Laidlaw, keep up the good work son.

GGTTH

wookie70
06-08-2016, 07:49 PM
Keeps his place for me at least till he makes a mistake. Looks a decent keeper and nice to have a bit of competition for the gloves

Iceman1875
06-08-2016, 07:53 PM
Anyone else find it strange he wasn't Raith's number one and they let him go?

At Easter Road we play...

Smartie
06-08-2016, 07:54 PM
Houston's banged on enough about us being vulnerable to balls into the box.

Not today we weren't and this young man was a major reason why. Stayed when he needed to stay, came out when he needed to come out. When the ball went near him it stuck and he made a good save when he was called upon.

I wondered at the time if he was at fault for the goal - it wasn't right in the corner so I wondered if he was slow to react or if his positioning was suspect. To be honest the goal caught me by surprise and I can't really remember it that well so I imagine he was probably caught by surprise by what was basically a very good strike, hit early.

He keeps the gloves for now.

Smartie
06-08-2016, 07:55 PM
Anyone else find it strange he wasn't Raith's number one and they let him go?

At Easter Road we play...

They seem to have had more good goalkeepers in the past 2 years than we've had in the past 20.

It is strange.

Pretty Boy
06-08-2016, 08:01 PM
We might have just struck gold for nothing here. Big save at 2-1 and took 2 crosses under pressure.

Obviously Marciano hasn't come here to sit on the bench but it's going to be tough to drop Laidlaw at the moment.

Iggy Pope
06-08-2016, 08:08 PM

Very similar stop too. Off his line and stays big. He is not feart.

calumhibee1
06-08-2016, 08:11 PM
Houston's banged on enough about us being vulnerable to balls into the box.

Not today we weren't and this young man was a major reason why. Stayed when he needed to stay, came out when he needed to come out. When the ball went near him it stuck and he made a good save when he was called upon.

I wondered at the time if he was at fault for the goal - it wasn't right in the corner so I wondered if he was slow to react or if his positioning was suspect. To be honest the goal caught me by surprise and I can't really remember it that well so I imagine he was probably caught by surprise by what was basically a very good strike, hit early.

He keeps the gloves for now.

At this level I don't think many keepers would have saved it. Wouldn't go as far to say it was unsaveable but I wouldn't criticise him for letting it in.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2016, 08:12 PM
We might have just struck gold for nothing here. Big save at 2-1 and took 2 crosses under pressure.

Obviously Marciano hasn't come here to sit on the bench but it's going to be tough to drop Laidlaw at the moment.

He's done well in all his games, and he's been a big plus this season. He relaxes me as he never seems flustered at any time. If he continues progressing, could be our No 1 for a few years

GreenCastle
06-08-2016, 08:14 PM
He's done well in all his games, and he's been a big plus this season. He relaxes me as he never seems flustered at any time. If he continues progressing, could be our No 1 for a few years

Has all the makings for a future number 1.

Tall - athletic - kicks well and makes good saves.

He's only 24 so maybe he will be number 2 this season and play in some cup matches ?

dp00
06-08-2016, 09:35 PM
I non we have signed the new boy for number 1 but surely that number 1 spot is laidlaw's until such times he does something to lose it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoYO!
06-08-2016, 09:44 PM
Only thing I'd add is that he is not very vocal at all.

This may not be a big problem as generally speaking the defenders in front of him have good awareness and foot skills/ touch. But he certainly doesn't talk them through it at all. Perhaps this is no bad thing?!

B.H.F.C
06-08-2016, 09:59 PM

I don't think so. As soon as Marciano is fit and available he'll be in the team IMO.

And I don't say that as anything against Laidlaw, I just think Lennon will be pretty ruthless and won't let a couple of decent performances change his mind on things.

Had no expectations when we signed Laidlaw but more than happy with him as number 2.

snedzuk
06-08-2016, 10:00 PM
Only thing I'd add is that he is not very vocal at all.

This may not be a big problem as generally speaking the defenders in front of him have good awareness and foot skills/ touch. But he certainly doesn't talk them through it at all. Perhaps this is no bad thing?!

He was certainly vocal enough at his defence after that goal went in - I seriously thought McGregor would go and hit him for the amount of stick about closing the man down he was giving.

Stewboy
06-08-2016, 10:07 PM
Let's hope he makes a mistake in game 27 then Lennon has a choice to make

Dashing Bob S
06-08-2016, 10:07 PM
We might have unearthed a gem in Laidlaw. I always look for quick feet in a keeper and he moved well. Oxley didn't have quick feet. Logan, despite being overweight and out of shape, had quick feet.