PDA

View Full Version : Joey Barton I'll own the SPL

Stanton
06-08-2016, 06:54 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/628581334362005506/LPXthglL_reasonably_small.png (https://mobile.twitter.com/paddypower)
Paddy Power– http://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhBQAGAIAAAP///////yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAAFAAYAAAIFjI pawUAOw==Verified account ‏@paddypower (https://mobile.twitter.com/paddypower)

http://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDQAMAIAAAP///////yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI py 0Po5y0ngIAOw==

"I'll own the SPL" - Joey Barton. Gets nutmegged in first game.
6:55 AM - 6 Aug 2016
1,395 RETWEETS1,690 LIKES

Finn2015
06-08-2016, 07:11 PM
I don't think Barton will have anywhere near the impact he thinks he will

Libby Hibby
06-08-2016, 07:15 PM
Rangers have finally replaced Barry the Crab...Barton was a carbon copy with the amount of sideways passes today

blaikie
06-08-2016, 07:18 PM
Him and Kranjcar make the Hun midfield even slower if that was even possible.

Eyrie
06-08-2016, 07:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/628581334362005506/LPXthglL_reasonably_small.png (https://mobile.twitter.com/paddypower)
Paddy Power– http://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhBQAGAIAAAP///////yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAAFAAYAAAIFjI pawUAOw==Verified account ‏@paddypower (https://mobile.twitter.com/paddypower)

http://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDQAMAIAAAP///////yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI py 0Po5y0ngIAOw==

"I'll own the SPL" - Joey Barton. Gets nutmegged in first game.
6:55 AM - 6 Aug 2016
1,395 RETWEETS1,690 LIKES

Perfect timing on the "Likes".

CRAZYHIBBY
06-08-2016, 07:21 PM
I don't doubt it for a minute...the guys on a different level completely.........he's the biggest arse on the planet

lyonhibs
06-08-2016, 07:22 PM
Rangers have finally replaced Barry the Crab...Barton was a carbon copy with the amount of sideways passes today

I sincerely hope not. Ferguson was a very good player at Rangers.

Hibby Bairn
06-08-2016, 07:23 PM
Hamilton player breezed past him on the far touch line in first 15 mins.

southsider
06-08-2016, 07:25 PM
Aye his ass was Hamilton's for last 15 mins

high bee
06-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Thought he was average all game, Sky waxing lyrical because he made a tackle that started the move for their goal. They gave him man of the match, had he not been their marquee signing I doubt he'd have got it. The boy Forrester changed the game and should've got it IMO.

#FromTheCapital
06-08-2016, 07:30 PM
Joey Barton is the exact type of person I usually associate with Rangers. A complete and utter welt and never before have player and club been so well suited.

high bee
06-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Also made me laugh that he was asked " How did you find the standard compared to what you expected." His reply was "I knew what to expect from watching the Scottish games."

Funny that, cause he said it was a poor standard where players came to retire yet the two stand out things he did today was get nutmegged and skinned down the touch line

Libby Hibby
06-08-2016, 07:34 PM
I sincerely hope not. Ferguson was a very good player at Rangers.

In your opinion, my opinion is that Ferguson was over hyped, put up on some sort of footballing pedestal by the media and very often failed to deliver in the big games...similarities to Bartons early days at Ibrox

The Captain....
06-08-2016, 07:39 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Barton back behind bars by the end of this season. His suspect temprament will surface again at some point in the goldfish bowl of Sectarian ****wittery.

Golden Bear
06-08-2016, 07:44 PM
He's at the wind up and obviously succeeded! I don't think his comments should be taken too seriously.

Smartie
06-08-2016, 07:49 PM
In your opinion, my opinion is that Ferguson was over hyped, put up on some sort of footballing pedestal by the media and very often failed to deliver in the big games...similarities to Bartons early days at Ibrox

I thought Ferguson was a superb player and was one of those players who dragged team-mates through games at times when they didn't fancy it enough.

Yes, he had his weaknesses as a player but who doesn't?

He was an easy target to criticise but I always rated him.

Barton won't have nearly the kind of impact that Ferguson had. He'll play the odd nice sideways pass and expect to stroll through games but will get found out when he comes up against younger, hungrier versions of himself.

Very much like Roy Keane did.

Itsnoteasy
06-08-2016, 07:51 PM
Joey Barton is the exact type of person I usually associate with Rangers. A complete and utter welt and never before have player and club been so well suited.

Could be an offspring of Ray Wilkins

jst1875
06-08-2016, 08:00 PM
https://twitter.com/hashtag/Megz?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

watch bartons trailing leg ...... deliberate sneaky attempt to bring down the accies player

snooky
06-08-2016, 08:12 PM
I thought Ferguson was a superb player and was one of those players who dragged team-mates through games at times when they didn't fancy it enough.

Yes, he had his weaknesses as a player but who doesn't?

He was an easy target to criticise but I always rated him.

Barton won't have nearly the kind of impact that Ferguson had. He'll play the odd nice sideways pass and expect to stroll through games but will get found out when he comes up against younger, hungrier versions of himself.

Very much like Roy Keane did.

I remember Scotland were being beaten away by Iceland (this is long before their postmen, etc. were better than England, btw).
It was Ferguson who rallied the troops and took the game by the scruff of the neck and got us a result.
I thought a lot more of him as a player after that game.

bingo70
06-08-2016, 08:18 PM
I think Barton will end up being ***** but leave slagging Scottish football.

Obvious irony there will be lost on all the trumpets that listen to him.

IvanSproule
06-08-2016, 08:38 PM
i thought he was pretty good to be honest

poolman
06-08-2016, 09:09 PM
Perfect timing on the "Likes".

😂

Baader
06-08-2016, 09:10 PM
The guy's delusional.

Captain Trips
06-08-2016, 09:12 PM
Barton = Tumbleweed

Nakedmanoncrack
06-08-2016, 09:15 PM
I remember Scotland were being beaten away by Iceland (this is long before their postmen, etc. were better than England, btw).
It was Ferguson who rallied the troops and took the game by the scruff of the neck and got us a result.
I thought a lot more of him as a player after that game.

It was the Faroe Islands not Iceland.

Onceinawhile
06-08-2016, 10:26 PM
Thought it was hilarious when Barton gave it big licks and said "Scott Brown isn't in my league" and Scott Brown said "he's right, he's in mine".

NAE NOOKIE
06-08-2016, 10:38 PM
Barton can be a decent player .... but like so many who think they are going to skoosh it up here he might get a shock .... 1 - 1 .... oh dear :greengrin

snooky
06-08-2016, 10:59 PM
It was the Faroe Islands not Iceland.

Duh! Thanks NMOC. I wasn't 100% certain it was the Icemen but I knew it was somewhere up that way. :aok:

MichaelTheCelt
06-08-2016, 11:01 PM

:hilarious

I think the pish that fanny Barton has been talking has fired Broony right up for this season.

Dashing Bob S
06-08-2016, 11:03 PM
Barton left English football because he no longer had the engine to play at a decent level. I think he'll find the same goes for up here.

They gave him a two year contract though - he'll be laughing his nuts off.

snooky
06-08-2016, 11:04 PM
Barton left English football because he no longer had the engine to play at a decent level. I think he'll find the same goes for up here.

They gave him a two year contract though - he'll be laughing his nuts off.

:agree: He'll be gone for a Barton.

Forza Fred
07-08-2016, 12:40 AM
He fitted n seamlessly to a less than average Rangers, and while his distribution was poor, Some of his tackles were, well I swear on one occasion he was actually going for the ball.

I have no doubt he will have a hissy fit when his first inevitable red card comes along.

The_Horde
07-08-2016, 12:42 AM
Byeee driver. Byeee

07-08-2016, 07:44 AM

I beg to differ, always thought El Hadji Diouf and Rangers were a perfect match - vile, arrogant and all round ****.

Barton is an arrogant ******* who thinks he's far too big and he's some how doing everybody a favour by being here. Get over yourself ya cock.

HibbyAndy
07-08-2016, 07:59 AM
An utter welt of Man...They are a match made in heaven.

Gatecrasher
07-08-2016, 08:24 AM
as average as Barton looked, kranjcar looked pish.

Bostonhibby
07-08-2016, 08:31 AM
He nearly owned Hamilton for a couple of minutes, another over the hill talker. He's going to "own" Kilmarnock for a full ten minutes whilst the the rangers bravely battle for a draw.

lucky
07-08-2016, 08:35 AM
I thought he did all right. It's his league debut. Hill & Kranjcar were a lot worse. They won't be challenging for title based on that performance

lord bunberry
07-08-2016, 09:02 AM
I can see another Roy Keene style situation, with Barton. He will end retiring at the end of the season.

hibsbollah
07-08-2016, 09:12 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Barton back behind bars by the end of this season. His suspect temprament will surface again at some point in the goldfish bowl of Sectarian ****wittery.

Daily Record Exclusive:
Ex-West of Scotland footballer originally from Merseyside jailed after season of shameful taunting and goading.

lyonhibs
07-08-2016, 09:27 AM

I didn't say he was as good as the Rangers fan(nies) said he was, but he was a better than decent footballer.

I don't think Barton will be like Ferguson at all. I think he'll be considerably less effective whilst sooking the Hun teat dry for a couple of years.

Bit of lad in that respect really. I've also heard rumours that he never misses Mass into the bargain.....

fulshie
07-08-2016, 09:44 AM
I don't understand why people are talking about Barton. If he has a good season then he'll have proved himself correct BUT, if he has a howler he'll just say that Scottish football got better cause he was there and he helped lift the game. The only way to beat an arrogant person like him is to ignore him but, I do appreciate that's difficult

calumhibee1
07-08-2016, 09:46 AM
I thought he did all right. It's his league debut. Hill & Kranjcar were a lot worse. They won't be challenging for title based on that performance

Kranjckar and especially Hill are awful signings that will be costing them an absolute fortune. Kranjckar will be chasing shadows in the middle of the pitch all season.

blackpoolhibs
07-08-2016, 10:02 AM
Barton is a decent player, although nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. He is a knob with the way he talks about things, but our reactions are what he wants.

His legs are not what they were, and i took a good look at him yesterday, where he resorted to the 30 yard crossfield balls to each full back, the easy option except for one decent ball out to the right in the first half.

He will be surprised at the standard of Hamilton yesterday, he did not expect that.

As for the spat with Brown, in my opinion Brown is way past his best now too, you can pretty much guarantee they will clash.

They won't outplay each other with football, it will just be the ugly side of the game that can only end badly for one or even both.

CyberSauzee
07-08-2016, 10:38 AM
Barton was shown up for his lack of pace throughout the game. How he got MOTM I have no idea. Some great Accies performances, defensively they won just about every header, Matthews was solid in goal, and Docherty and Crawford were excellent in midfield.

Sky's agenda is clearly to get a certain demographic watching their broadcasts; Barton as MOTM, and 2 ex players from the liquidated club in the studio but no ex Accie player.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-08-2016, 10:55 AM

Agreed.

Sergey
07-08-2016, 12:06 PM
Surely this is a yellow card offence?

Hibernia&Alba
07-08-2016, 12:19 PM
He's another name to add to the list of players perfectly suited to The Rangers - Hurlock, Muscat, El Hadj Diouf, elbows McCulloch. Disgusting individuals.

emerald green
07-08-2016, 12:25 PM
Joey in the Weege is an accident waiting to happen.

As far as football is concerned, he's not very good. Not as good as he thinks, that's for sure. A matter of time before he is red-carded.

lapsedhibee
07-08-2016, 12:28 PM
Has he given any interviews in ze weegie accent yet? :dunno:

calumhibee1
07-08-2016, 12:28 PM
He wouldn't get near McGinn.

lyonhibs
07-08-2016, 01:16 PM
Surely this is a yellow card offence?

Given the level of gusto involved, I'd suggest the compliance officer might want to take a look at that. Not TOO closely obviously.

Iggy Pope
07-08-2016, 01:26 PM
He's another name to add to the list of players perfectly suited to The Rangers - Hurlock, Muscat, El Hadj Diouf, elbows McCulloch. Disgusting individuals.

John Greig, Kris Boyd, John Brown, Ian Ferguson, the Dutch balloon we all hated before he got ill and changed our minds, Souness, John McDonald, Goram MKII, Hateley, Wee Diddy McDonald, Andy ****ed it up Halliday, The Grass, Butcher, Gascoigne and his imaginary flute / brain (delete as appropriate), Gregor Steven, Craigie 'what's it like to be a Hun?' Paterson, Allan McGregor, ......throw in David Murray. Jim Traynor and Andy ****ing Cameron and we're not even scratching the surface.

Hibernia&Alba
07-08-2016, 01:32 PM
John Greig, Kris Boyd, John Brown, Ian Ferguson, the Dutch balloon we all hated before he got ill and changed our minds, Souness, John McDonald, Goram MKII, Hateley, Wee Diddy McDonald, Andy ****ed it up Halliday, The Grass, Butcher, Gascoigne and his imaginary flute / brain (delete as appropriate), Gregor Steven, Craigie 'what's it like to be a Hun?' Paterson, Allan McGregor, ......throw in David Murray. Jim Traynor and Andy ****ing Cameron and we're not even scratching the surface.

Now there is a collection of reprobates that would shame the worst criminal gangs in history. The unsurpassed dignity of it all.

ronaldo7
07-08-2016, 02:19 PM
Barton is a decent player, although nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. He is a knob with the way he talks about things, but our reactions are what he wants.

His legs are not what they were, and i took a good look at him yesterday, where he resorted to the 30 yard crossfield balls to each full back, the easy option except for one decent ball out to the right in the first half.

He will be surprised at the standard of Hamilton yesterday, he did not expect that.

As for the spat with Brown, in my opinion Brown is way past his best now too, you can pretty much guarantee they will clash.

They won't outplay each other with football, it will just be the ugly side of the game that can only end badly for one or even both.

:agree:

Greencore
08-08-2016, 11:12 AM
The SPL died, like Rangers.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Can see another Basille Boli. Leaves this league with stories about how crap it is and glosses over the fact that he couldn't cut it.

Edson Arantes
08-08-2016, 12:12 PM
Barton is over-rated just like Barry Ferguson.

His temper will be the undoing of him up here like it was in England.

He's an idiot.

Cosmic Truth
08-08-2016, 07:17 PM

I'm not having that! What about the time they signed El Hadji Diouf?

Pedantic_Hibee
08-08-2016, 07:18 PM
I'm not having that! What about the time they signed El Hadji Diouf?

Different club, mate.

Bostonhibby
08-08-2016, 07:48 PM
Different club, mate.
Indeed, paying the likes of him the sort of money that contributed to the now defunct club having to voluntarily liquidate themselves in order to avoid paying their vast debts to their many creditors.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-08-2016, 10:27 PM
I don't understand why people are talking about Barton. If he has a good season then he'll have proved himself correct BUT, if he has a howler he'll just say that Scottish football got better cause he was there and he helped lift the game. The only way to beat an arrogant person like him is to ignore him but, I do appreciate that's difficult

... is to kick the wee fud up and down the park for 90 minutes.

majorhibs
08-08-2016, 10:52 PM

Different club, mate.

Oh how they've had us going over the years wi their poncy wee hatchets that knew the "Scottish" fair refs would view it when they came up against a Hibs side ready to give back what they got. Remember, we're talkin before TV was at every game. But now they're no happy. Good. Auld rubbish died. New rubbish came in, pretended it was same as auld rubbish, tried to carry on same cheatin spoilin nonsense it used before- TV replays showed newco ie sevco ie imposters ay huns are cheatin- for once I like TV at games all the time. Different club as said, same nae moral compass as before.

Dashing Bob S
08-08-2016, 11:32 PM
His legs have gone and he couldn't give a toss about the Huns. Fair play to him scamming two years wedge out of those clowns.

majorhibs
08-08-2016, 11:47 PM
His legs have gone and he couldn't give a toss about the Huns. Fair play to him scamming two years wedge out of those clowns.

Still, not aw rosy. If they could actually sell & make profits fi jerseys wi the wee scouse hoodies name on the back in the next couple months afore he does somethin really stoopid, they would probs rake in plenty. But right now, it is all still mainly big Mikes, the jersey dough, after he stepped in wi a few mill a few times to stop newco/sevco/wannabe huns goin down the toilet a 2nd time while they were gettin it tight fi chuckie green/ahmed/whaever the other "investors" who wanted a pound of flesh were. Good investment guys! You still giving it to them every way possible? Admirable to take so much from such an undeserving set of millions of zombies!

Cosmic Truth
09-08-2016, 04:33 AM
Different club, mate.

You are, of course, correct.

I don't know what I was thinking. it was an appalling oversight on my part.