PDA

View Full Version : Taking Applause From Fans

Dashing Bob S
06-08-2016, 04:23 PM
Nice touch from Lennon and the players. They are working hard to get the support onside and create strong esprit de corps.

NAE NOOKIE
06-08-2016, 04:42 PM
I'm all for this ..... the few teams who have managed a result at ER over the last two seasons have acknowledged their fans and IMO its something we should definitely be doing, especially away from home.

MWHIBBIES
06-08-2016, 05:01 PM
We've done this at every away game for the last 2 years?

KdyHby
06-08-2016, 05:10 PM
Nice touch from Lennon and the players. They are working hard to get the support onside and create strong esprit de corps.

Clip of it on Hibs Twitter

SteveHFC
06-08-2016, 05:45 PM
Fans were class today. Hopefully we keep up this atmosphere throughout the season.

DaveF
06-08-2016, 06:50 PM
Clip of it on Hibs Twitter

I had to watch that twice to make sure it wasn't stewards keeping the fans off the pitch.

BoomtownHibees
06-08-2016, 06:51 PM
We've done this at every away game for the last 2 years?

Stubbs hardly ever done it tho, it was more about the players with him. Was good to see Lennon over bowing to the fans etc.

Finn2015
06-08-2016, 07:18 PM
Fans were class today. Hopefully we keep up this atmosphere throughout the season.

Class today and what impressed me was the reaction to sibbalds leveller. Still created a din and got behind the team

Borderhibbie76
06-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Said on another thread hibs fans were different class today to a man/woman/child. Best atmosphere at an away game for some time and reaction to Falkirk goal was great too. The cup win feelgood factor is alive and well..could feel it in that stand today....let's get ER bouncing for next Sat

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
06-08-2016, 08:50 PM
I had to watch that twice to make sure it wasn't stewards keeping the fans off the pitch.

The barriers lined up all along the pitchside wall would have done the trick :wink: Seems our Hampden pitch invasion has clubs nervous. In Brondby, as soon as the final whistle went, dozens of stewards charged onto the pitch and formed a human barrier on the 18 yard line! At first they wouldn't let the Hibs players inside this 'no go' zone but big Daz just barged through to applaud the fans and his team mates followed suit :greengrin

Blaster
06-08-2016, 08:52 PM
Said on another thread hibs fans were different class today to a man/woman/child. Best atmosphere at an away game for some time and reaction to Falkirk goal was great too. The cup win feelgood factor is alive and well..could feel it in that stand today....let's get ER bouncing for next Sat

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Totally agree mate fans were superb today

CapitalGreen
06-08-2016, 09:00 PM
The barriers lined up all along the pitchside wall would have done the trick :wink: Seems our Hampden pitch invasion has clubs nervous. In Brondby, as soon as the final whistle went, dozens of stewards charged onto the pitch and formed a human barrier on the 18 yard line! At first they wouldn't let the Hibs players inside this 'no go' zone but big Daz just barged through to applaud the fans and his team mates followed suit :greengrin

Those barriers were up for the play off game too.

Jonnyboy
06-08-2016, 09:11 PM

Ah, didn't see them then. Too busy going from elation to deflation with my head in my hands :boo hoo:

B.H.F.C
06-08-2016, 09:14 PM

Sure Gary Parker was actually the one that prompted the players to ignore the stewards in Brondby. Noticed him on the pitch at the end today as well making sure all the players made there way our direction

Really liked Lennon's reaction at the end. And also him going mental at the linesman looking for the FT whistle!

Jonnyboy
06-08-2016, 09:18 PM
Sure Gary Parker was actually the one that prompted the players to ignore the stewards in Brondby. Noticed him on the pitch at the end today as well making sure all the players made there way our direction

Really liked Lennon's reaction at the end. And also him going mental at the linesman looking for the FT whistle!

Now that you say that, I remember it :greengrin

Pretty Boy
07-08-2016, 07:58 AM
Fans were great yesterday. Everyone backing the team from 1st to last.

Long may it continue.

staunchhibby
07-08-2016, 08:13 AM
It was Parker and Fontaine who ignored the stewards in Bronby and brought the players to acknowledge the fans

Sir David Gray
07-08-2016, 09:10 AM

They've been there the last few times we've been at Falkirk.

No idea if they keep them there for every match or if they just make a special appearance when we show up. :greengrin