PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Burns Night

London Hibs Supporters Club
06-08-2016, 09:57 AM
Folks - it's been confirmed that we will be holding a Burns Night on the evening of Saturday 28th January 2017. The venue will be confirmed over the next couple of weeks as we're trying to secure a Thames River Boat for the evening and are awaiting confirmation.

This years guests of honour are; Gordon Rae, Alan Sneddon and The Scottish Cup (yes - the club are bringing down the trophy for the evening :thumbsup:).

Ticket details will follow in due course so watch this space.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-08-2016, 07:16 PM
Its official, that didnae take long! :-)

Risboro Hibby
14-08-2016, 08:58 AM
Brilliant. Looking forward to it already

scoutercolin
28-08-2016, 10:21 PM
I'll definitely be up for that. Sounds awesome. Is there an email group for London hibs?

Sergey
29-08-2016, 12:58 PM
I'll definitely be up for that. Sounds awesome. Is there an email group for London hibs?

Hi Colin - drop me a PM with your email address and I'll add you to the list.

We'll know more about the Burns Night after Wednesday next week as we're firming everything up then.

Sergey

Joe88
19-09-2016, 07:28 AM
Sounds awesome! Is there already some sort of program? I know it's still early but would be great to have a look.

Joe (http://www.bizdb.co.uk/)

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Any updates yet?

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-10-2016, 12:05 PM
?

24-10-2016, 06:35 PM
Finally....an update.

This years event will once again be held at the Penderels Oak - High Holborn on the evening of Saturday 28th January with a 19:00 start. As outlined in my OP, our guests of hour are, Gordon Rae, Alan Sneddon and The Scottish Cup. Tickets will be either 20 or 22 for the evening to include haggis/neeps/tatties - a dram of whisky and an evening of entertainment.

As an added bonus, we've liaised with Qos and Hibs and it's been agreed by both clubs that we can stream a live feed of the QoS match in the afternoon at a private cinema in Central London. It simply needs the approval of a certain Mr Doncaster at the SPFL and it's a goer. We've said that we're doing this to raise money for charity and we'll ask you for a donation on the way out of the cinema (you are obviously under no obligation to donate).

The bad news is the pub has lost its late licence, so last orders will be at 23:50 and we must vacate the premises by 00:20.

If anyone wants to travel down from Edinburgh, please speak to Paul Kane at the Four in Hand regarding group travel. This is going to be a popular event and we are confident it will sell-out quickly.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-10-2016, 07:07 PM
I've already got my name down for two places with Kano. Is he arranging travel and digs or just travel?

Earlydelivery
24-10-2016, 07:21 PM
I was at the last 1 your doing well if you last till 11 30pm trains usually at 7am fabulous day and night I'm sure it was the last one I was at got up 8am Sunday to watch Andy Murray at Australian open final then onto Quinn's to watch the game vs dons put it on your bucket list

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-10-2016, 07:23 PM
I was at the last 1 your doing well if you last till 11 30pm trains usually at 7am fabulous day and night I'm sure it was the last one I was at got up 8am Sunday to watch Andy Murray at Australian open final then onto Quinn's to watch the game vs dons put it on your bucket list

It was indeed. Good banter in Millers while Soccer Saturday was on too.

Dub
24-10-2016, 08:57 PM
Finally....an update.

This years event will once again be held at the Penderels Oak - High Holborn on the evening of Saturday 28th January with a 19:00 start. As outlined in my OP, our guests of hour are, Gordon Rae, Alan Sneddon and The Scottish Cup. Tickets will be either 20 or 22 for the evening to include haggis/neeps/tatties - a dram of whisky and an evening of entertainment.

As an added bonus, we've liaised with Qos and Hibs and it's been agreed by both clubs that we can stream a live feed of the QoS match in the afternoon at a private cinema in Central London. It simply needs the approval of a certain Mr Doncaster at the SPFL and it's a goer. We've said that we're doing this to raise money for charity and we'll ask you for a donation on the way out of the cinema (you are obviously under no obligation to donate).

The bad news is the pub has lost its late licence, so last orders will be at 23:50 and we must vacate the premises by 00:20.

If anyone wants to travel down from Edinburgh, please speak to Paul Kane at the Four in Hand regarding group travel. This is going to be a popular event and we are confident it will sell-out quickly.

Hi Guys

I've popped over from The Hibees Bounce to ask, on behalf of a poster there called London Bouncer, how he can buy a ticket for your Burns Night. He doesn't appear able to log in to Hibs.net for some reason so can someone either reply to this with the details or nip on to the bounce and reply to his thread please http://www.hibeesbounce.com/showthread.php?120804-Does-anyone-have-a-Hibs-net-account-and-could-ask-something-on-there-for-me&p=1556094#post1556094
Many thanks

Sergey
24-10-2016, 09:03 PM
Hi Guys

I've popped over from The Hibees Bounce to ask, on behalf of a poster there called London Bouncer, how he can buy a ticket for your Burns Night. He doesn't appear able to log in to Hibs.net for some reason so can someone either reply to this with the details or nip on to the bounce and reply to his thread please http://www.hibeesbounce.com/showthread.php?120804-Does-anyone-have-a-Hibs-net-account-and-could-ask-something-on-there-for-me&p=1556094#post1556094
Many thanks

Can you drop me a PM with an email address, I'll then add your man to the contact list - I can't post on the thread in the link even though I have an account on the Bounce.

Hope this is a workaround.

Dub
24-10-2016, 11:26 PM
Can you drop me a PM with an email address, I'll then add your man to the contact list - I can't post on the thread in the link even though I have an account on the Bounce.

Cool Sergey I will ask him and get back to you.

HibeeDave
25-10-2016, 04:25 AM
Excellent news, put me down for two tickets :thumbsup:

hibbie02
26-10-2016, 12:12 PM
I'm not sure I can make it yet but where would I book the tickets if I can make it? :greengrin

Dnipro_Kids
03-11-2016, 09:06 PM
I would be interested in coming along to this.

03-11-2016, 09:16 PM
I would be interested in coming along to this.

I assume you'll be travelling independently and not part of the Kano contingent - if I've called that correct, you'll need to send me a PM with your email address and I'll add you to the list.

We genuinely don't have many tickets left to shift and I'm confident that the event will sell-out in the next week or so.

We can't hold tickets waiting on a decision as we can shift as many as we can print - but we're limited with numbers as the venue are strict with capacity.

:flag:

07-11-2016, 06:48 PM
Folks - Just to inform you that this event has

SOLD OUT

BigT-Hibeez
07-11-2016, 11:26 PM
Finally....an update.

Sounds like a good day out and not too far to stagger home for me..

HibeeDave
08-11-2016, 07:12 PM

SOLD OUT

did i get my name in quick enough?

Sergey
08-11-2016, 07:21 PM
did i get my name in quick enough?

Can you drop me a PM with your email address and I'll drop you the details.

27-11-2016, 02:35 PM
Folks - hopefully you should all (at least those who have paid) received your tickets in the mail. I sent the last batch out on Friday so they should be with you shortly if they haven't already arrived.

There has been a misunderstanding and we've taken a double-booking for a table of seven. We can sell them in one's and two's or all seven together. I'll also be taking them to Quinn's on Friday so you can pick them up there.

These are a thing of beauty!

wpj
27-11-2016, 05:09 PM
Folks - hopefully you should all (at least those who have paid) received your tickets in the mail. I sent the last batch out on Friday so they should be with you shortly if they haven't already arrived.

There has been a misunderstanding and we've taken a double-booking for a table of seven. We can sell them in one's and two's or all seven together. I'll also be taking them to Quinn's on Friday so you can pick them up there.

These are a thing of beauty!

Good work, have paid do you have my address in the shires?

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-12-2016, 10:28 PM

Any news on the beamback of the QOS game yet G?

Sergey
16-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Any news on the beamback of the QOS game yet G?

My contact at Hibs is out on the road touring with the Scottish Cup and I don't want to pester him. He'll let us know the plans for the afternoon as soon as he knows. We do have a Plan B - Time for Heroes DVD screening or Plan C - Trainspotting II.

I'll post on the thread as soon as we know - it'll happen.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-12-2016, 07:56 AM
Nae bother.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-12-2016, 02:12 PM

SOLD OUT

I see Conrad Logan has mentioned in todays Evening News that he had an invite to this event, have you had a response yet?

Sergey
23-12-2016, 12:00 AM
I see Conrad Logan has mentioned in todays Evening News that he had an invite to this event, have you had a response yet?

Wrong event, mate. It's private dining in the brasserie at Quinn's with a few LHSC members. Pierre is putting on a special tasting menu.

I understand the confusion.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-12-2016, 12:48 AM
Wrong event, mate. It's private dining in the brasserie at Quinn's with a few LHSC members. Pierre is putting on a special tasting menu.

I understand the confusion.

I don't have the financial clout to attend such an event. :-)

09-01-2017, 08:16 PM
A complete kick in the gonads this, but I had arranged with both Conrad Logan and Anthony Stokes for them both to attend the Burns Night as both Rochdale (@ AFC Wimbledon) and Blackburn (@ Fulham) were due to play in London on the day of the 28th January. Accommodation and travel home had been arranged and this was to be a 'surprise' on the evening.

There I was sipping a glass of vino sort of half listening to the FA Cup draw. Not paying much attention until the dreaded "4th round ties will be played on the w/e of 28th January".

We'll just have to make do with Gordon Rae and Alan Sneddon :brickwall:brickwall

Off the bar
11-01-2017, 01:35 PM
A complete kick in the gonads this, but I had arranged with both Conrad Logan and Anthony Stokes for them both to attend the Burns Night as both Rochdale (@ AFC Wimbledon) and Blackburn (@ Fulham) were due to play in London on the day of the 28th January. Accommodation and travel home had been arranged and this was to be a 'surprise' on the evening.

There I was sipping a glass of vino sort of half listening to the FA Cup draw. Not paying much attention until the dreaded "4th round ties will be played on the w/e of 28th January".

We'll just have to make do with Gordon Rae and Alan Sneddon :brickwall:brickwall

Nightmare G, on the plus side you can get the Elvis impersonator booked without fear of incident!

Any news on the QOS beam back?

12-01-2017, 02:41 PM
Nightmare G, on the plus side you can get the Elvis impersonator booked without fear of incident!

Any news on the QOS beam back?

I'm still waiting to hear back from Hibs and Marathon Bet. I hope to have an update my early next week. It's out with my control.

We've just finalised numbers and there's 188 attendees. We are going to propose making a donation to David Drysdale's hospice for your picture taken with the cup. Details to follow via email.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-01-2017, 02:51 PM
I'm still waiting to hear back from Hibs and Marathon Bet. I hope to have an update my early next week. It's out with my control.

We've just finalised numbers and there's 188 attendees. We are going to propose making a donation to David Drysdale's hospice for your picture taken with the cup. Details to follow via email.

Has Kano got all his tickets yet G?

12-01-2017, 03:45 PM
Has Kano got all his tickets yet G?

I couriered him 40 - there's 37 in his party and you have the other 3. If you haven't already paid him, he'll collect the money from you on the train down and allocate you the tickets.

I spoke with him the other day and he's aware you are in for 3.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-01-2017, 08:07 PM
I couriered him 40 - there's 37 in his party and you have the other 3. If you haven't already paid him, he'll collect the money from you on the train down and allocate you the tickets.

I spoke with him the other day and he's aware you are in for 3.

Nice one, we are heading down on the Saturday morning so, we'll weigh him in with the dough at the venue.

12-01-2017, 08:26 PM
Nice one, we are heading down on the Saturday morning so, we'll weigh him in with the dough at the venue.

C - You're going to need your ticket before you arrive at the Penderels. It's strictly ticket only and you'll be issued a wristband upon arrival. NO TICKET = NO WRISTBAND = NO ENTRY. We've security for the event and they are under strict instructions to this effect.

We're not too worried about the funds as Kano will weigh us in upon arrival for the 40 we allocated, but you'll need to arrange delivery of your tickets before the event.

Sorry.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-01-2017, 11:23 PM
No probs, will arrange to get them from the 4IH.

19-01-2017, 04:33 PM
UPDATE

As you all will know, we were hoping to screen the QoS match in the afternoon of Burns Night. Because of circumstances out with our control, I'm afraid this event isn't going to happen and I must apologise.

Although the tickets state a 19:30 start, the venue will be open from 19:00 so please feel free to arrive early.

Pictures with the Scottish Cup There are 2 photographers in attendance and we should all be able to get our pictures taken with the Scottish Cup. We will host the images on an online gallery and you can download them from there. As some of you will know, we sadly lost a valuable member of the London Hibs fraternity last year when David Drysdale sadly passed away at the age of 50 with a rare form of cancer. We would like to ask for a voluntary donation of 10 when you download your print which we will pass-on to Marie Curie Hospice Edinburgh where David spent his last days. More details will follow.

hibsbollah
25-01-2017, 07:08 PM
David was a good friend of mine and Sergey has kept me up to date with whats been happening. I spoke to David's widow today and told her what you guys were doing and she was very pleased and moved by it. . David loved his involvement with London Hibs back in the day and mentioned it a lot. Much respect to you all :aok:

29-01-2017, 02:13 AM
What a ******in' night. Absolutely brilliant from start to finish and for us to be able to buy all who attended the last round was an absolute pleasure.

Details will follow for the download of images and videos.

A big thanks to all who attended for making this an evening to remember. This won't be easy to surpass!

GGTTH

:not worth

Risboro Hibby
29-01-2017, 10:42 AM
Brilliant night. Thanks very much for everyone who organised it

Holmesdale Hibs
29-01-2017, 04:40 PM
Brilliant night. Thanks very much for everyone who organised it

Agreed, amazing night and great work by London Hibs for organising.

C Feeney-Seale
29-01-2017, 05:14 PM
Absolutely fantastic event :flag:

HibbyDave
30-01-2017, 08:10 AM
Sounds like you all had a fantastic night!
Fair fa yer honest sonsie face😄🍷🍾🍺🍻

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2017, 07:42 AM
Well done for all your efforts Sergey, a good night was had by all by the look of things.

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2017, 09:37 PM
Are the photographs online yet to download?

PS great night Sergey. :top marks

Sergey
09-02-2017, 10:37 PM
Are the photographs online yet to download?

PS great night Sergey. :top marks

We're hoping to get the images uploaded early next week.

Work in progress and all that.

It'll happen - I promise.

Holmesdale Hibs
29-05-2017, 08:21 PM
Did the images from the Burns night ever gat uploaded? Haven't heard anything since and would be great to see some of the pictures. Happy to donate to whatever cause was chosen.

Brummie_Hibs
31-05-2017, 12:14 PM
I thought about that as well recently...

Johnny Clash
01-06-2017, 08:10 PM
Completely forgot about the photos that were taken. It would be good to see them and bring back some great memories!