PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Hun Newspaper

Torto7062
06-08-2016, 07:10 AM
That rag is just as bad as the Sun nowt about flares or songs just that 15 Hibbies went for a pager.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160806/c9e09408c7ffe1850cd48ce1c3d3b9b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Keith_M
06-08-2016, 07:19 AM
So, they're saying that absolutely NO Rangers Fans shamed our game.

Aye Right!

we are hibs
06-08-2016, 07:24 AM
Cretins. They should be banned from ER. Lying ****bags.

Pretty Boy
06-08-2016, 07:25 AM
So, they're saying that absolutely NO Rangers Fans shamed our game.

Aye Right!

For any right thinking person eg non huns that's surely just an established fact of life.

Rangers - Scotlands shame

06-08-2016, 07:25 AM
Thousands upon thousands of rangers fans shame not only our game but our entire nation every single week. Fact.

Keith_M
06-08-2016, 07:26 AM
Surely that's the ONLY reasonable course of action.

http://images.clipartpanda.com/laughing-smiley-face-facebook-secret-smileys-codes.jpg

007 Mickey Weir
06-08-2016, 07:29 AM
So 58 arrested and 15 Hibs fans arrested. So who were the other 43????

The Captain....
06-08-2016, 07:29 AM
It's nothing more than a Hun fanzine. Best ignored and ridiculed, although I would love Hibs to ban them from Easter Road. That's if any of their journalists actually have the baws to turn up at ER next season. I'm sure we'd give them a very special welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
06-08-2016, 07:30 AM
https://youtu.be/OCaYoq1RECU

GIRFUY

Pretty Boy
06-08-2016, 07:30 AM

West of Scotland FC football supporters is the accepted term I believe.

Finn2015
06-08-2016, 07:32 AM

Chelsea fans😂

Biggie
06-08-2016, 07:36 AM
Couldnt expect anything else, they've got to pander to the Hun hordes or they'd closedown......but we should ban them from ER.

Torto7062
06-08-2016, 07:37 AM
Chelsea fans😂

I even had some Zombies say that our end was full of Sellic fans lol

WoreTheGreen
06-08-2016, 07:37 AM
Scottish cup west of scotland and lests not forger the classic Dumbarton based fan

Keith_M
06-08-2016, 07:39 AM
Scottish cup west of scotland and lests not forger the classic Dumbarton based fan

Actually, the Record said "Dumbarton Fan arrested". Not even Dumbarton 'based' Fan

RoxburghHibs
06-08-2016, 07:40 AM
I'm not sure we should just ignore this. It's getting ridiculous the amount of media bashing our fans and club receive yet no mention of The Rangers fans - in fact they are getting praised!

I really hope the club come out with some sort of response. If not maybe a Hibs supporter group should construct a reply?

SouthMoroccoStu
06-08-2016, 07:40 AM

The 43 all support Rangers

Not The Rangers

Totally different clubs, Right?!

banarc7062
06-08-2016, 07:41 AM
Surely that's the ONLY reasonable course of action.

http://images.clipartpanda.com/laughing-smiley-face-facebook-secret-smileys-codes.jpg

GGTTH :flag::flag:

hibsbollah
06-08-2016, 07:44 AM
I'm not sure we should just ignore this. It's getting ridiculous the amount of media bashing our fans and club receive yet no mention of The Rangers fans - in fact they are getting praised!

I really hope the club come out with some sort of response. If not maybe a Hibs supporter group should construct a reply?

We've been talking about it long enough. Ban the Record from ER now. The Morning Star isn't sold at the Tory Party conference, is it?

banarc7062
06-08-2016, 07:45 AM

I suspect our Hib's Board are or have already drafted there responses to OFFICIAL critisisim not the total bias spouted by that rag published in Glasgow.
GGTTH :flag:

RoxburghHibs
06-08-2016, 07:46 AM
Overwhelming majority of Rangers fans behaved properly

So songs of hate and flares is behaving properly? Running onto the pitch with no other intention other than to fight is behaving properly? if the BBC are saying the overwhelminh majority of The Rangers fans behaved why not say "the overwhelming majority of Hibernian and The Rangers fans behaved properly"?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36991311

James70
06-08-2016, 07:46 AM
Stopped buying that rag many decades ago I'm pleased to say. If Sevco can ban the BBC from Castle Greyskull then I look forward to Hibs banning these Hun worshippers from ER.

Allant1981
06-08-2016, 07:47 AM
Doesnt really shock me with this poor excuse of a "newspaper" but they have to keep the weegies happy or they wont buy it

Benny Brazil
06-08-2016, 07:48 AM
The Record are stoking the flames here - clearly taking their lead from TheRangers / Level 5 on what they should put on their front page.
It really is time to ban them from Easter Road. I think Hibs have handled this pretty well so far but they need to come out with a statement about the report and stating that no DR journalist will be welcome at ER.

SouthMoroccoStu
06-08-2016, 07:50 AM
If we ban them, the daily ranger will ridicule us

But I don't buy that rag so I won't know what they say

And I don't care either

Stuff 'em

The Captain....
06-08-2016, 07:51 AM
At the rate this rag is losing readers (circulation is down 20k - 30k every year over the last 5-10 years) it should only be another half a dozen years at most until it's consigned to history and flushed down the metaphorical cludgie like the festering ***** it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Johnny Clash
06-08-2016, 07:51 AM
We've been talking about it long enough. Ban the Record from ER now. The Morning Star isn't sold at the Tory Party conference, is it?

Totally agree. Such a ban would draw attention to the fact the Daily Ranger is totally biased.

Hibee Mac
06-08-2016, 07:52 AM
That's an utterly embarrassing headline for a so called newspaper to publish.

CropleyWasGod
06-08-2016, 07:53 AM
That rag is just as bad as the Sun nowt about flares or songs just that 15 Hibbies went for a pager.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160806/c9e09408c7ffe1850cd48ce1c3d3b9b1.jpg

Not the case.

They do mention the songs and the pyrotechnics

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
06-08-2016, 07:55 AM
Totally agree. Such a ban would draw attention to the fact the Daily Ranger is totally biased.

And we need to stop posting links up here as well. It's become a Sevco fanzine and not really worthy of full press credentials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Baldmans Comb
There are still Hibs fans who actually still buy this.

Bus to ER for a home game or in Hibs club and frequently you see someone reading it. Staggering.

Talk about lack of self respect.

Aldo
The club should say nothing and make no comment or statement and let this run until the CO has their say!!

So out of all the thousands of Hibs fans (out of 22,000+) they have identified only 15 yes 15 as the ones intent on causing trouble.

Once again the west coast mouthpiece that is the DR published this in its full glory front page and all.

This is nothing more than a PR exercise to

1. Sell more papers to the hordes
2. Don't lose anymore of those who by the rag
3. Keep them all inside!

FWIW Mr Petrie made a comment/provided a statement to the media without sooking up the arse of Regan and co and that for me stands to this very day.....exuberance was the word he used and I think this report backs up his claim.

I would also ban any member of the DR from ER for tainting the club in picturing them in the same light as the hordes in the west!

Shocking and disgusting.

Big_Franck
06-08-2016, 08:00 AM
That headline is a disgrace but I'd expect nothing more from a weegie tabloid. Why Hibs fans buy this, or post links to their website on here at times, baffles me. Ban the cants from easter road.

lucky
06-08-2016, 08:01 AM
If we go down the line of banning the DR we end up as bad as TRFC. Freedom of speech is important in this country regardless of whether you are with what's being said. If no one bought or looked online what the DR is saying no one would care what they said. Personally I stopped by papers a few years back. It's yesterday's news and opinions. The worlds moved on. The written press is dying.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-08-2016, 08:05 AM
Not the case.

According to a Sevco spokesman they only started singing sectarian songs once Hibs fans invaded the pitch, amazing statement.

CropleyWasGod
06-08-2016, 08:10 AM
If we go down the line of banning the DR we end up as bad as TRFC. Freedom of speech is important in this country regardless of whether you are with what's being said. If no one bought or looked online what the DR is saying no one would care what they said. Personally I stopped by papers a few years back. It's yesterday's news and opinions. The worlds moved on. The written press is dying.
I agree.

Cannot see what would be gained from banning them.

If you like the paper, you believe what it says. And vice versa.

Keith_M
06-08-2016, 08:12 AM

There is a massive difference between Freedom of Speech and publicly distorting the Truth.

Freedom of Speech gives someone the right to say what they genuinely believe, protecting the rights of minorities with views different to the mainstream. Whereas this is propaganda that Goebbels would have been proud of.

lucky
06-08-2016, 08:14 AM
There is a massive difference between Freedom of Speech and publicly distorting the Truth.

Freedom of Speech gives someone the right to say what they genuinely believe, protecting the rights of minorities with views different to the mainstream. Whereas this is propaganda that Goebbels would have been proud of.

Based our version of events, and the Sherrif, but the Huns see it differently

Torto7062
06-08-2016, 08:14 AM
Not on the front page..blame 15 hibs fans instead of no criticism police or stewards they should have had about sectarian singing..don't you agree

northstandhibby
06-08-2016, 08:15 AM
And we need to stop posting links up here as well. It's become a Sevco fanzine and not really worthy of full press credentials.

100% agree with this. No more links, don't even think of buying the rag if you do you are only endorsing the hun daily and helping them disrespect our great club.

Hibernian should ban this toilet paper forthwith sending the message we are seriously pissed off at what is the most biased reporting ever seen in Scotland.

Glory Glory

007 Mickey Weir
06-08-2016, 08:17 AM
I have a Whatsapp group of my mates. Mainly Celtic and Rangers fans. All agree that the tabloids and DR in particular are just force fed rubbish and not worth buying.

CropleyWasGod
06-08-2016, 08:18 AM
Not on the front page..blame 15 hibs fans instead of no criticism police or stewards they should have had about sectarian singing..don't you agree

Headlines are there to attract people, nothing more. So no, I don't agree.

In this case, the DR is actually trying to criticise the report by mocking the idea that "only 15 fans" caused mayhem.

GordonHFC
06-08-2016, 08:18 AM
15 Hibs fans to blame but 58 arrests have been made?

The Green Goblin
06-08-2016, 08:25 AM
That "15 fans" thing is not a reflection of what the report says. It says around "200" fans caused trouble.

northstandhibby
06-08-2016, 08:26 AM

In this case, the DR is actually trying to criticise the report by mocking the idea that "only 15 fans" caused mayhem.

You left out 15 HIBS fans was the wording I think.

Glory Glory

The Green Goblin
06-08-2016, 08:26 AM

I agree with this, for the reasons you mention. The DR should be made unwelcome at ER, officially. :agree:

Ozyhibby
06-08-2016, 08:27 AM

Perhaps banning was too strong a word. Perhaps downgrade their press credentials from newspaper to fanzine. Do we give full press access to the Rangers News? Or the Celtic View? We need to downgrade their status at Easter road to the same level of access as those publications. That is not an attack on free speech, it's just recognition of what the Record has become.

Man Down Under
06-08-2016, 08:27 AM
I still wonder what the outcome of the pitch invasion would have been if it was any other team in Scotland that we played.
The Rangers fans must be one of the only groups of supporters in the world that would invade a pitch after losing.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

The Harp Awakes
06-08-2016, 08:31 AM
The day that rag of a publication goes down the tubes will be a happy one. Playing to the Hun hordes most of whom will believe the propaganda. Written by neds and read by neds.

Jim44
06-08-2016, 08:31 AM

I'm not sure I agree with your interpretation of the DR's motives. I think you are crediting the rag with skills of irony and sarcasm which they do not possess. Now if they had a wee :rolleyes: at the end of the article, I might think you had a point .........

theonlywayisup
06-08-2016, 08:42 AM
So what are we (the fans, the club, the supporter organisations) going to do about this?

As a minimum, fans groups like Hibs.net should be backing a BOYCOTT THE DAILY RECORD campaign. On Hibs.net, we should have a BOYCOTT THE DAILY RECORD stickie. The only post should be the front pages of the paper such as todays. We need to remind all of the totally biased reporting from this paper. The admins should be removing any on-line link to the paper.

The football club should refuse to take part in media activity with the Daily Record. They can still come to ER but no representative of the Daily Record should be offered any opportunity to interview or photograph anyone connected to Hibernian Football Club. There are teams that have banned media organisations after truthful reporting of financial irregularities. Here we have a media organisation distorting facts about us.

And finally, what are you a supporter of Hibernian Football Club going to do? Well I, theonlywayisup, promise that I'll never ever purchase or even touch the paper called the Daily Record. I will not even look at their website. I'll encourage all Hibs fans to do likewise.

But don't get angry! Don't give this paper the ammunition to tell further lies. Remain calm but don't ever forget the lies this paper is spreading.

portyhibernian
06-08-2016, 08:42 AM
Ban this rag from ER. I would also like to see Hibs hold Keith Jackson to account for article the day after the cup final that states as fact that ALL The Rangers players were assaulted by our supporters.

Heisenberg
06-08-2016, 08:45 AM
According to a Sevco spokesman they only started singing sectarian songs once Hibs fans invaded the pitch, amazing statement.

And of course he actually tried to justify the singing by saying that it was preferable to people going onto the pitch. ****. Every single one of them.

staunchhibby
06-08-2016, 09:12 AM
We should all e-mail the daily hun regarding there scurrilous headlines in todays paper.

marinello59
06-08-2016, 09:15 AM
We should all e-mail the daily hun regarding there scurrilous headlines in todays paper.

I wouldn't waste my time.

brog
06-08-2016, 09:17 AM
IMO the most misleading part of the DR report is a sub heading entitled "49 minutes of total mayhem". The 49 minutes actually covers the time from our equaliser to the trophy presentation. The maximum time that any Hibs fans were on the pitch was 15 minutes 41 seconds. The time that any Hibs & The Rangers' fans were on the pitch together was a max of 8 minutes 19 seconds. The most interesting time fact is that The R fans came on to the pitch 27 seconds after the 1st Hibs fans did & 11 seconds after the 1st Hibs fans arrived at the R end. Given that most fans of the R were heading away to lick their wounds this shows tremendous instinctive reactions & their courage in attempting to reach their wounded players, stopping only to pick up a corner flag, a chair & a child, must surely be commended!

truehibernian
06-08-2016, 09:19 AM
Ban the Daily Record from Easter Road, HTC and all press conferences. Simple as that.

chinaman
06-08-2016, 09:20 AM
Surely we should ban the weej rag from our ground.
Just tell the lying Xxxxxxxcxx to bolt.

WHAM
06-08-2016, 09:23 AM
Ban this rag from ER. I would also like to see Hibs hold Keith Jackson to account for article the day after the cup final that states as fact that ALL The Rangers players were assaulted by our supporters.

He'll just come out with some p*sh that he actually meant VERBALLY assaulted.

Did the DR not also claim that several rangers players required medical treatment after the game when you can see them clear as day on the tv coverage, walking up the tunnel unharmed.

Add to that the mythical figure being branded about that 40 people required medical treatment after the violence that broke out. Anyone that was there and from the coverage on YouTube etc, you can see that there was maybe 5-10 people at most who seemed to get a sore one. I would find it strange of many of these needed attention.

Complete sensationalism from a bunch of absolute weirdos.

LancsHibs
06-08-2016, 09:25 AM
Absolute comic but knows its audience and boy does it play up to them!

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-08-2016, 09:30 AM
But did anyone expect anything else?

Aldo
06-08-2016, 09:30 AM
IMO the most misleading part of the DR report is a sub heading entitled "49 minutes of total mayhem". The 49 minutes actually covers the time from our equaliser to the trophy presentation. The maximum time that any Hibs fans were on the pitch was 15 minutes 41 seconds. The time that any Hibs & The Rangers' fans were on the pitch together was a max of 8 minutes 19 seconds. The most interesting time fact is that The R fans came on to the pitch 27 seconds after the 1st Hibs fans did & 11 seconds after the 1st Hibs fans arrived at the R end. Given that most fans of the R were heading away to lick their wounds this shows tremendous instinctive reactions & their courage in attempting to reach their wounded players, stopping only to pick up a corner flag, a chair & a child, must surely be commended!

Wow!! Now Brog this is FACT and will not wear well with the R fans or indeed the DR! Lie after lie after lie printed at every opportunity. Very small molehill would now appear to be even bigger as Everest itself... Well that's what the DR reports.

QMU-1875
06-08-2016, 09:39 AM
Ban them from Easter road

bandylegs_jLeighton
06-08-2016, 09:43 AM
Good to see Hibernian delivered the ultimate boot to the collective blue nose sack. Their balls are still aching. Delighted.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Baader
06-08-2016, 09:51 AM
Hopefully we'll see this comic and its two bit hacks banned from ER in future. Absolute joke of a 'newspaper' and has been for years. Hun fanzine as a previous poster called it is spot on. Don't buy it.

Finn2015
06-08-2016, 09:59 AM
Ban them from Easter road

Yes agree bugger them off

Hibs90
06-08-2016, 10:00 AM
Jim Traynor clearly still in the driving seat at the Record

Eyrie
06-08-2016, 10:01 AM
I don't think that Hibs failure to comment on the report has helped here.

The media will run with Sevco's outrage that we haven't been shut down as a club and the parts of the report that generate headlines to attract their desired readers. There is nothing from Hibs to be included as a counter to this policy of the big lie.

Is there a case for taking the Daily Record to the Press Complaints Commission for failing to provide accurate coverage of the report's findings?

snooky
06-08-2016, 10:02 AM
Hopefully we'll see this comic and its two bit hacks banned from ER in future. Absolute joke of a 'newspaper' and has been for years. Hun fanzine as a previous poster called it is spot on. Don't buy it.

I wouldn't ban them but at press conferences I would have a small chair placed in the corner of the room away from the other press and make them sit there like a naughty child.

GreenCastle
06-08-2016, 10:04 AM
I still wonder what the outcome of the pitch invasion would have been if it was any other team in Scotland that we played.
The Rangers fans must be one of the only groups of supporters in the world that would invade a pitch after losing.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

The funny thing is..if the Sevco fans stayed off the pitch Hibs would have been completely hammered.

Them coming onto the pitch causing trouble has actually helped Hibs cause !!

Muppets.

jacomo
06-08-2016, 10:07 AM

I agree. Jim Traynor appears to be writing the DR headlines, despite leaving the paper years ago.

To whom do we complain?

RoYO!
06-08-2016, 10:09 AM
So what are we (the fans, the club, the supporter organisations) going to do about this?

As a minimum, fans groups like Hibs.net should be backing a BOYCOTT THE DAILY RECORD campaign. On Hibs.net, we should have a BOYCOTT THE DAILY RECORD stickie. The only post should be the front pages of the paper such as todays. We need to remind all of the totally biased reporting from this paper. The admins should be removing any on-line link to the paper.

The football club should refuse to take part in media activity with the Daily Record. They can still come to ER but no representative of the Daily Record should be offered any opportunity to interview or photograph anyone connected to Hibernian Football Club. There are teams that have banned media organisations after truthful reporting of financial irregularities. Here we have a media organisation distorting facts about us.

And finally, what are you a supporter of Hibernian Football Club going to do? Well I, theonlywayisup, promise that I'll never ever purchase or even touch the paper called the Daily Record. I will not even look at their website. I'll encourage all Hibs fans to do likewise.

But don't get angry! Don't give this paper the ammunition to tell further lies. Remain calm but don't ever forget the lies this paper is spreading.

Anyone disagree with one word of this post!?

Make it happen.

And admins, please do your bit to make this happen.

jacomo
06-08-2016, 10:47 AM
Anyone disagree with one word of this post!?

Make it happen.

And admins, please do your bit to make this happen.

Not at all, but I think we as fans can do more by making written complaints.

As far as I can tell, today's headline does not accurately reflect the findings of the report. It does however fit a pattern of the DR promoting Sevco's view of events. Time for The Truth.

.Sean.
06-08-2016, 10:57 AM
Could we get the wheels in motion to get they ****s from that rag banned?

Wee Effen Bee
06-08-2016, 11:02 AM
[QUOTE=RoYO!;4782467]Anyone disagree with one word of this post!?

I do I'm afraid. I don't believe we should ban the 'journalists' from ER (and the training ground) press conferences. I think all Hibbies should refrain from buying the rag though - I haven't bought that toilet paper for (literally) years as it is only marginally 'better' than the Sun! Let The Huns boycott everything that they perceive to be against them - we don't need to stoop to that.

NAE NOOKIE
06-08-2016, 11:02 AM
Its a fact about newspapers that the 'headline' is all that matters in a story ... the headline is the bit that draws the attention and sets the tone of the storey. Readers rarely pay a great deal of attention to the story underneath it, especially if its a lengthy one. Even if the article goes on to factually and truthfully report what happened .... The damage is already done.

Nobody knows that better than the Daily Record .... they have tucked us up nicely with that headline. Even if its saying '15 Hibs fans caused Hampden mayhem' .... aye right!! .... that's not how people will read it.

I don't believe in banning newspapers, even this rag ..... but Hibs need to 'when the time is right' mount a robust defence of our club and its supporters against Sevco's lies and the rags like this that repeat them.

Wee Effen Bee
06-08-2016, 11:08 AM
Its a fact about newspapers that the 'headline' is all that matters in a story ... the headline is the bit that draws the attention and sets the tone of the storey. Readers rarely pay a great deal of attention to the story underneath it, especially if its a lengthy one. Even if the article goes on to factually and truthfully report what happened .... The damage is already done.

Nobody knows that better than the Daily Record .... they have tucked us up nicely with that headline. Even if its saying '15 Hibs fans caused Hampden mayhem' .... aye right!! .... that's not how people will read it.

I don't believe in banning newspapers, even this rag ..... but Hibs need to 'when the time is right' mount a robust defence of our club and its supporters against Sevco's lies and the rags like this that repeat them.

I totally agree NN. :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
06-08-2016, 11:12 AM
That headline is a disgrace but I'd expect nothing more from a weegie tabloid. Why Hibs fans buy this,or post links to their website on here at times, baffles me. Ban the cants from easter road.

really didn't want our club to go down that road and much prefer balanced reporting but that headline is absolutely disgraceful, it really is now time for HFC to stop all contact with that pathetic rag of a paper

Vini1875
06-08-2016, 11:21 AM
I would ban them. This is not the first anti-Hibs headline and article from them. I am sure John Collins had them banned or maybe it was just Keith Jackson. What would we lose by not having them report on Hibs? Very little in coverage and no change in biased anti-Hibs stories.

Ozyhibby
06-08-2016, 11:33 AM
I put about 10 copies of the Sun on top of the pile of Records at the garage this morning. Very petty. [emoji23]

brog
06-08-2016, 11:38 AM

Great post!

WhileTheChief..
06-08-2016, 12:10 PM
I put about 10 copies of the Sun on top of the pile of Records at the garage this morning. Very petty. [emoji23]

I used to do similar :greengrin

This morming in Asda they had about 6 copies of the Record compared to huge stacks of the Sun, Mail etc. Its not an exaggeration to stay that hardly anyone reads it anymore.

Completely irrelevant and Hibs are probably best just ignoring it. Traynor would love a public spat, he needs a siege mentality.

We should let Puma and Sports Direct advertise at ER!

Joe6-2
06-08-2016, 12:25 PM

They just make p*sh up anyway, so let them do it away from ER!

CropleyWasGod
06-08-2016, 12:35 PM
They just make p*sh up anyway, so let them do it away from ER!
That's one of my reasons for not wanting to ban it.

Those who believe what they publish, will continue to believe. Those who don't, won't. Banning them won't make any difference to that.

Personally, I'd prefer to retain the right to buy the paper, or click on to their website, if and when I want....and make my own judgement.

I think (and hope) that Hibs are big enough to rise above any pettiness, and not get involved in any public spat with what is an irrelevance to it and its customers.

Onion
06-08-2016, 12:48 PM
Actually, the Record said "Dumbarton Fan arrested". Not even Dumbarton 'based' Fan

Who knew so many troublemakers from other clubs went to the Final ? Not even mentioned by the Indy Report.

According to the Scottish tabloids, we've now had:

West of Scotland FC fans
Hampden FC fans
Glasgow FC Fans
Dumbarton FC fans

Any others ?

All these clubs should be fined and told to strip season tickets.

greenginger
06-08-2016, 08:27 PM
JJ calling the Daily record for what it is,

https://johnjamessite.com/2016/08/06/the-bowen-bullseye/comment-page-1/#comment-20954

Pity our other National newspaper , the Scotsman , doesn't have the guts to print something similar.

RIP
06-08-2016, 08:37 PM
The arselicking of Rangers will alienate all other football supporters. Can you imagine any self-respecting Celtic fans buying a copy for example?

Finn2015
06-08-2016, 08:44 PM
Probably never happen but I'd love fans of all clubs outwith sevco to not bother buying it

SkintHibby
06-08-2016, 08:44 PM
I wish Hibs.net would ban all threads to do with the Daily Rangers.

I was completely unaware of todays front page of that horrible rag until I clicked on this thread.

Wish I hadn't.

Mr White
06-08-2016, 08:46 PM
I wish Hibs.net would ban all threads to do with the Daily Rangers.

I was completely unaware of todays front page of that horrible rag until I clicked on this thread.

Wish I hadn't.

Did the thread title not give you a wee clue about the subject of discussion?

Carheenlea
06-08-2016, 08:58 PM
Banning the paper from ER would just be an admission that they have got to us, and that we care about what they write. Let's face it, they won't be writing too much about us this season with all eyes in the West of Scotland focussed on the Old Firm and the SPFL.
Let them come to ER if they want, and hopefully write through gritted teeth as we rack up the wins.

lord bunberry
06-08-2016, 09:02 PM
I agree.

Cannot see what would be gained from banning them.

If you like the paper, you believe what it says. And vice versa.

What would be gained is our club would be seen to be sticking up for the very people that this newspaper has been sticking the boot into for the last couple of months. We have nothing to lose in banning this joke of a newspaper and everything to gain.

Deansy
06-08-2016, 09:02 PM
I really hope that Leeann/Hibs do something about this rag ??. Ok, the 'R*tards' dying and can't have much life left in it (Dear God - fast-forward to THAT day !!) but as the old adage says - 'a wounded animal is a dangerous animal' !. The 'R*tard' is purposely stoking the flames here and NONE of it is fact - it's purely and simply aimed at ingratiating itself even deeper ('Baw-deep' deeper if they could !) with the Hun, thus more of the 'Blue £' to try and save their stinking carcass !!

Captain Trips
06-08-2016, 09:06 PM
The Daily Record = Kindling.

wookie70
06-08-2016, 09:29 PM
This is how Liverpool deal with despicable redtops - http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-refuses-answer-journalists-11714984

snooky
06-08-2016, 10:54 PM
This is how Liverpool deal with despicable redtops - http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-refuses-answer-journalists-11714984

Jawohl, Mein Comandante. :aok:

poolman
06-08-2016, 11:00 PM

Well done Klopp

Liberal Hibby
06-08-2016, 11:05 PM

Aye but they still take the hundreds of millions from the Sun's owners.

SkintHibby
07-08-2016, 09:40 AM
Things are getting silly now.

Front page of the Daily Rangers online today has Hibs and Falkirk fans fighting.
The two pictures it shows are the Hibs lads smacking the Falkirk lads.

Without doubt there is a full blown anti Hibs agenda going on at that rag.

SouthMoroccoStu
07-08-2016, 10:01 AM

Front page of the Daily Rangers online today has Hibs and Falkirk fans fighting.

:rolleyes:

Despite the Falkirk fans being 20 in number and still running from 2 hibs fans

The daily record truly ******ing hate us as we dared to win the Scottish cup on the 21st of May against their precious sevco

green day
07-08-2016, 10:16 AM

Stop reading it - the only time I hear of their nonsense is on here and I would rather not.

Their circulation is so low its little more than a comic anyway.

CyberSauzee
07-08-2016, 10:52 AM
This rag is now The Rangers modern day equivalent of Der Sturmer

One Day
07-08-2016, 11:24 AM

I have boycotted for a while now and I agree with the above. Lets do it

jacomo
07-08-2016, 11:42 AM
Not the case.

The headline is clearly and deliberately misleading.

That in itself is a breach of the editors code.

emerald green
07-08-2016, 12:05 PM
The Daily Record = Kindling.

How about The Daily Record = Erse wipe?

Couldn't believe their FRONT PAGE headline yesterday when I saw it lying on the newsagent's shelf. A new low.

CropleyWasGod
07-08-2016, 01:15 PM
The headline is clearly and deliberately misleading.

That in itself is a breach of the editors code.
I agree on that.

My post, though, was in response to the post that said that the RFC fans' behaviour wasn't reported. It was.

On reflection, though, I'm probably overestimating the ability of DR readers to read wee writing [emoji6]

Itsnoteasy
07-08-2016, 01:53 PM

If the video or pictures were not posted online they would not have the ammo.
The same scenario in The Roseburn Bar wi Leigh Griffiths.
Bring it on ourselves sometimes.

Joe6-2
07-08-2016, 02:59 PM
How about The Daily Record = Erse wipe?

Couldn't believe their FRONT PAGE headline yesterday when I saw it lying on the newsagent's shelf. A new low.

Wouldn't even use it to wipe my erse!

snooky
07-08-2016, 03:29 PM
I think the apparent agenda by the DR against us could be classed as incitement and hope that our legal eagles are keeping track on the daily evidence spouted out with the view to taking this rag to court.

CropleyWasGod
07-08-2016, 04:50 PM
I think the apparent agenda by the DR against us could be classed as incitement and hope that our legal eagles are keeping track on the daily evidence spouted out with the view to taking this rag to court.
Incitement to what?

green is good
07-08-2016, 07:12 PM
The succulent shepherd's pie Dave King is feeding them must be delicious.

JimBHibees
07-08-2016, 07:18 PM
Incitement to what?

Violence against Hibs fans? Making out we are violent thugs and attacked all Rangers players. Stirring up hatred for no reason.

Maybe completely unrelated but first game back and neds having a pop. Totally irresponsible reporting.

CropleyWasGod
07-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Violence against Hibs fans? Making out we are violent thugs and attacked all Rangers players. Stirring up hatred for no reason.

Maybe completely unrelated but first game back and neds having a pop. Totally irresponsible reporting.

Okay.

Would be quite a stretch to prove that was their intent, though. Incitement to commit an offence has to be pre-meditated.

Merely stirring up hatred, AFAIK, is not an offence, unless it's a so-called (horrible expression....) hate-crime.

jacomo
07-08-2016, 09:41 PM
I agree on that.

My post, though, was in response to the post that said that the RFC fans' behaviour wasn't reported. It was.

On reflection, though, I'm probably overestimating the ability of DR readers to read wee writing [emoji6]

Oh agree that the article does cover other incidents, albeit qualified by saying the Rangers have a problem with it (Hibs not asked for a response?)

But, to me, the headline is misleading.

snooky
08-08-2016, 12:21 AM
Incitement to what?

Seek revenge? :dunno:
Surprised at the need to ask, tbh.

Hibrandenburg
08-08-2016, 03:02 AM
Can we start using "Daily Record Reader" as a Hibs Net insult. That should speed things up nicely.

Brizo
08-08-2016, 05:35 AM
The Record, like most of Scotlands print media, is on its last legs. And its owners know that they will never be able to sell it via an online platform to their "readership" as its near impossible to get wifi in a cash convertor.

They know they have lost the bulk of what constituted their traditional readership and are reconciled to now being the house magazine for weedgie, jakey pond life, predominately of a Sevco persuasion. Consequently they will print any old pish , however distorted and sensationalised, to keep their meagre "audience".

Hibs need do nothing about the Record. The club are doing the right thing in maintaining a dignified silence. Anything else would give this Sevco propaganda sheet a credibility it doesn't deserve. We will be here long after its nothing but a footnote in Scottish "journalism".

CropleyWasGod
08-08-2016, 07:14 AM
Seek revenge? :dunno:
Surprised at the need to ask, tbh.
I asked because I genuinely couldn't think of any "incitement" offence that could apply in this case. Jim suggested one above, and I've posted my thoughts.

"Incitement to seek revenge" isn't an offence.

snooky
08-08-2016, 07:51 AM
I asked because I genuinely couldn't think of any "incitement" offence that could apply in this case. Jim suggested one above, and I've posted my thoughts.

"Incitement to seek revenge" isn't an offence.

Fair enough. I'm not up on the law and it's anomalies so I take your point. My own interpretation on the situation is that they are guilty of a form of incitement.
Instead of poking the Ibrox hornet's nest they should be pouring oil over troubled waters.
Hibs are correct in keeping a dignified silence while the DR bairn screams in temper in the corner. Everybody else is ignoring them.
Unfortunately TRFC have driven up the Cul De Sac of Lies and have not yet realised that the only way out is to reverse.

CropleyWasGod
08-08-2016, 08:54 AM
can we start using "daily record reader" as a hibs net insult. That should speed things up nicely.

ltdrr

Thecat23
08-08-2016, 08:57 AM
I feel sorry on folk who read The Daily record.

snooky
08-08-2016, 09:07 AM
ltdrr
:aok::top marks

jacomo
08-08-2016, 09:13 AM
Aye but they still take the hundreds of millions from the Sun's owners.

Quite.

And how many Liverpool supporters have Sky, I wonder?

Carheenlea
08-08-2016, 10:43 AM
Quite.

And how many Liverpool supporters have Sky, I wonder?

Colin Murray resigned from TalkSport after Murdoch's takeover of station. Fair play to him making such a stance.
Fans refusing to pay 20p or whatever the Sun charges for a copy is one thing, but it's a bit hollow to then happily pay £50 or so a month to News Corp to watch Sky Sports.

Hibs Class
08-08-2016, 12:22 PM
Who knew so many troublemakers from other clubs went to the Final ? Not even mentioned by the Indy Report.

According to the Scottish tabloids, we've now had:

West of Scotland FC fans
Hampden FC fans
Glasgow FC Fans
Dumbarton FC fans

Any others ?

All these clubs should be fined and told to strip season tickets.

Last week there was also reference to Scottish Cup fans. IMO the Scottish Cup should be banned from, em, the Scottish Cup.

MrSmith
08-08-2016, 01:07 PM
Hunbeleiveable!

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14667749.Matthew_Lindsay__Rangers_must_be_punished _for_their_part_in_shameful_Scottish_Cup_final_unr est/?ref=twtrec

would copy paste but too many graphics!

Craig_HFC
08-08-2016, 01:16 PM
The Bounce had (possibly still has) something that automatically changes a certain word in a post to a different word (e.g. 'Hearts' to 'Gunts').

It could be used on here to make any links to that rag being invalid if the 'wrong' word/phrase was 'Daily Record' or 'DailyRecord' and it was automatically changed to 'Daily Ranger'/'DailyRanger' or something similar.

It'd certainly help stop some folk from visiting their website and them getting ad revenue.

Hibrandenburg
08-08-2016, 06:26 PM
ltdrr

:greengrin