PDA

View Full Version : Nothing Against Falkirk

Dashing Bob S
05-08-2016, 09:32 PM
I know since Houston we have developed a bit of a rivalry with them, casting them as mini Huns/Yams but I've nothing against Falkirk. I find their fans a decent bunch in a town full of glory hunters (especially imitation Huns) which unfortunately has excellent links with Glasgow and Edinburgh.

But I hope we win convincingly tomorrow.

Callum7
05-08-2016, 09:44 PM
Same here.

Nothing wrong with Falkirk it's Houston that's the problem.

Hi Heid Yin
05-08-2016, 09:47 PM
I agree.
I've never had an issue with Falkirk FC and it's supporters.
I too feel that provincial clubs in particular suffer more from the exodus to Ibrox and Parkhead and it's great to see locals go and support their local team.
Houston on the otherhand????

Since1875Hibs
05-08-2016, 09:50 PM
Can't stand them. Their arrogant support is up there with the worst.

Sammy7nil
05-08-2016, 09:51 PM
On the other hand I have never liked them or thier crappy wee stadiums :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
05-08-2016, 10:01 PM
Houston has brought them some attention but since that I have seen some absolute crap written by Falkirk fans. They seem to really dislike us, but I get the impression they try and make rivalries cos they don't really have one. They are definitely one of my least liked clubs now

GreenCastle
05-08-2016, 10:06 PM
Last season they acted with no class - players, fans or manager.

Celebrated like they had won a cup when they knocked us out. To then get smashed by a crap Killie side. While we went on to win the cup !!

Hope we stuff them tomorrow and shut them up - dirty team last season full of a few ex yams.

erin go bragh
05-08-2016, 10:11 PM
Would have agreed until their " deal wi it " banner after the semi final 0-1 .
Hope we put a marker down tomorrow with a victory .
In saying that , Uncle Fester really grates on my
(-) (-)

Billychaotic182
05-08-2016, 10:12 PM
Use to have a real liken for them due to Yogi, Latapy and McManus, also how can you not be impressed with the way they have brought through youth. But see now. I can't stand them. The way the accuse McGinn of being a cheat, the way Houston comes across in the media thinking he is a master at mind games. Naw I actually can't stand them now!

Ergye
05-08-2016, 10:18 PM
Agree with you Mister Bob. They're alright by me too.

All our very necessary football bitterness, rancour and bile this league season, will be directed towards Kirkcaldy and to Mr 'I Can Smoke A Cigar In The Shower' Skacel, and Mr 'Golden Shower' Locke.....

green day
05-08-2016, 10:32 PM
Falkirk twats sung "peado" to JC every game.

Still like them?

HibeeLR
05-08-2016, 10:40 PM
Could easily support one of the two Glasgow teams, so credit to them for sticking with Falkirk. Mind you that doesn't change the fact that I still dislike them and their fans :D Lets hope we give them a doing tomorrow!

Radium
05-08-2016, 10:42 PM
When we got relegated I spoke with a Falkirk fan at work. He enjoyed the league cos they had a decent chance of winning games and their football was quite good.

Last season he was full of how professional they are now (when asked about the cynical nature of their game).

Nothing against them, just want to be clinical and professional and win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
05-08-2016, 10:45 PM

Still like them?

Unfortunately, with our rancid culture the way it is, there's probably not a professional footballer in the land who will escape being called a paedophille at some point in their career, usually by those a bit too young or dumb to internalise what it really means.

Diclonius
05-08-2016, 10:50 PM
Lived in Falkirk for a couple of years now and think it's a great town. It's also admirable that they have a fair few fans in a town where it's pretty easy to hop on the train to Glasgow and go glory hunting.

Unfortunately, their manager and the subsequent wee mini rivalry he's forced them into with us has soured it. Falkirk are by far the team I want us to get one over right now. Hopefully we'll do them tomorrow and they'll go back to being an insignificance for Hibernian.

SteveHFC
05-08-2016, 10:51 PM
Anyone know when Falkirk are building their 4th stand yet?

Ergye
05-08-2016, 11:02 PM

Still like them?

I just think that in a few months time they will no longer be our rivals, and in a years time we will have bigger fish to fry as we look forward to a tasty few games at Sevco, Parkhead and Crimecastle.

In fact, the levels of antipathy I feel towards Sevco leave me totally drained. There really isn't enough blackness in any mans heart to go around other clubs. Even Hearts are kinda cute as some kind of counter balance.

Fergus52
05-08-2016, 11:06 PM
Unfortunately, with our rancid culture the way it is, there's probably not a professional footballer in the land who will escape being called a paedophille at some point in their career, usually by those a bit too young or dumb to internalise what it really means.

It wasn't just a few individuals singing it at Cummings it was most of their support

lord bunberry
05-08-2016, 11:40 PM

Still like them?

Exactly. **** them and **** there ******** hearts ******* of a manager.

The Harp
05-08-2016, 11:55 PM
Always had loads of trouble going to their old Brockville ground in the 60's. Visits there and to Airdie were like going to Ibrox but on a smaller scale. Here's hoping we turn them over good and proper tomorrow.
'Mon the Hibs!

CRAZYHIBBY
06-08-2016, 12:08 AM
I hate Falkirk and want to beat then every time

Dinkydoo
06-08-2016, 12:11 AM
It wasn't just a few individuals singing it at Cummings it was most of their support
Ah, so a minority then....gotcha ;)

GordonHFC
06-08-2016, 02:30 AM
Unfortunately I was born there.

Dashing Bob S
06-08-2016, 02:39 AM

Please reread that sentence and then get an Oxford or Collins dictionary and look up the word 'contradiction'.

Bristolhibby
06-08-2016, 04:15 AM
Would have agreed until their " deal wi it " banner after the semi final 0-1 .
Hope we put a marker down tomorrow with a victory .
In saying that , Uncle Fester really grates on my
(-) (-)
This. I want to grind them into the dirt.

We really need to hit the ground running today.

J

Alfiembra
06-08-2016, 05:15 AM
I worked in Grangemouth for many years and the big game for Falkirk was always against Dunfemline and there fans hated them with a passion. I don't think the Falkirk fans will be too wound about Hibs matches they'll be more up for their clashes with the pars than us.

CallumLaidlaw
06-08-2016, 05:50 AM
They're certainly not very confident about today - http://onef.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30296

Forza Fred
06-08-2016, 06:01 AM
Always had loads of trouble going to their old Brockville ground in the 60's. Visits there and to Airdie were like going to Ibrox but on a smaller scale. Here's hoping we turn them over good and proper tomorrow.
'Mon the Hibs!

Remember when changing ends at half time over yon wee bridge there was always the probability of a pagger.

Airdrie was a definite though..mind being one of the first on the Carlton bus there after a midweek game and the skinheads were smashing every window with rocks before reinforcements arrived...

Finn2015
06-08-2016, 06:13 AM
Stuff them hope we can gloat come full time

Heisenberg
06-08-2016, 06:21 AM
Hope we get to silence them and wee Housty today. They work hard and are organised but relied so heavily on just hoofing the ball at our box last season then prodding in a lucky bounce/deflection. If we stand up to that better this season we'll have the beating of them easily.

They were also absolutle hammer throwers last season, hacked down any Hibs player that was getting by them and mostly got away without getting booked.

I despise the team, the manager and the fans.

One Day
06-08-2016, 08:28 AM
Can't stand them. Their arrogant support is up there with the worst.

I agree, posted on another forum the worst anti Irish , anti Catholic, anti Hibs abuse I had was at the old Brockville. Disliked them ever since.

#FromTheCapital
06-08-2016, 08:39 AM
Nothing against Falkirk except the **** wee town, ******** fans and the biggest fud of the lot Peter Houston.

Allant1981
06-08-2016, 08:41 AM
Nothing against Falkirk except the **** wee town, ******** fans and the biggest fud of the lot Peter Houston.

The town itself is ok, full of idiots like everywhere else bit its actually ok, the football clubs fans and employees are twats though!

Man Down Under
06-08-2016, 08:52 AM
I don't mind Falkirk at all and I think they deserve a place in the premiership. Saying that, I have an equal love for our rivalry and love beating them!

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

Green&White
06-08-2016, 08:53 AM
They're certainly not very confident about today - http://onef.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30296
They are Papping it...which actually worries me (reverse psychological and all).

All the fans best mates with the team and manager at falkirk?..."Houstie" "bairdy" etc.

fat freddy
06-08-2016, 08:56 AM
A decent, well run community club, I carry out maintenance work at their stadium and the people behind the scenes always conduct themselves well. Can't fault the club on anything other than they allow an angry tomato to manage them.

portyhibernian
06-08-2016, 09:24 AM
Crap team, crap fans, crap manager, crap stadium. Get them humped today and lay a marker down.

Bristolhibby
06-08-2016, 09:29 AM
Crap team, crap fans, crap manager, crap stadium. Get them humped today and lay a marker down.

This. Get intae them!

J

FranckSuzy
06-08-2016, 10:10 AM

That is all.

Eyrie
06-08-2016, 10:13 AM

That is all.

I did not need to see that over breakfast :jamboak:

Jack Hackett
06-08-2016, 10:37 AM
Last season they acted with no class - players, fans or manager.

Celebrated like they had won a cup when they knocked us out. To then get smashed by a crap Killie side. While we went on to win the cup !!

Hope we stuff them tomorrow and shut them up - dirty team last season full of a few ex yams.
That about covers it for me

Shrekko
06-08-2016, 10:46 AM
I've always disliked them- horrible fans, but the abuse they give JC is the final straw and I want them to lose every game.

For a large chunk of their support to spend so much of EVERY game chanting that stuff at a 20 year old boy who we all know has done nothing wrong whatsoever is disgraceful and it's not just the wee neds- when he was warming up at the play-offs there was grown men aplenty all frothing at the mouth trying to bait him. Sad individuals.

lapsedhibee
06-08-2016, 10:52 AM
Please reread that sentence and then get an Oxford or Collins dictionary and look up the word 'contradiction'.

:greengrin

Baader
06-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Unlike DBS I dislike them very much. Most of their fans would prefer to be at Ibrox on a Saturday given the chance. Horrible club, ar$e**** manager and to compound matters the town is a dump.

lyonhibs
06-08-2016, 11:28 AM
Unlike DBS I dislike them very much. Most of their fans would prefer to be at Ibrox on a Saturday given the chance. Horrible club, ar$e**** manager and to compound matters the town is a dump.

To be fair, until this season anyway, there's been a good few thousand empty seats at Ibrox most of the time.

Their permanently furious, wee-man syndrome Jambo throbber of a manager is the real issue with the club.

Keith_M
06-08-2016, 11:43 AM
Nobody greets and whines like a Bairn.

col02
06-08-2016, 11:51 AM
Don't like Falkirk or their support to be honest. Feels seriously like a Huns without the bus fare type town. Hope we pump them every game we play them they've tried to engineer a rivalry with us in the absence of anyone local. That said they'll start their disgusting rivalry with the Pars again this season.

Lucius Apuleius
06-08-2016, 11:54 AM
The town is getting a bit run down and one of the shopping centres is one too many and has always been a white elephant. Needless to say I would not go into Falkirk shopping and very rarely go into the town at all. Regarding the football team, apart from the connection with Houston who, in all reality, was a well loved player there, I don't have a great deal against their support. I do disagree with the way the fans get treated by the security mind you. A wee nodule for you though. I do know more Falkirk supporters who are in the LOL than I do Rangers supporters. Quite a few. Regards the chants to Jason, maybe our own fans could be looked at with their chants of paedo virtually every away game to some random player.

Keith_M
06-08-2016, 11:56 AM
The town is getting a bit run down and one of the shopping centres is one too many and has always been a white elephant. Needless to say I would not go into Falkirk shopping and very rarely go into the town at all. Regarding the football team, apart from the connection with Houston who, in all reality, was a well loved player there, I don't have a great deal against their support. I do disagree with the way the fans get treated by the security mind you. A wee nodule for you though. I do know more Falkirk supporters who are in the LOL than I do Rangers supporters. Quite a few. Regards the chants to Jason, maybe our own fans could be looked at with their chants of paedo virtually every away game to some random player.

:agree:

If you think that's bad, wait till we play Raith

Lucius Apuleius
06-08-2016, 12:10 PM

Not saying it is bad mate, just noting the name calling of JC is no worse than what our own crew get up to every other week. :wink:

Dashing Bob S
06-08-2016, 12:15 PM

There might be case against Houston here, in that he makes so secret of his hands on involvement with The Bairns.

Joe6-2
06-08-2016, 12:58 PM
Unfortunately I was born there.

Glory hunter! Lol

The Harp
06-08-2016, 04:17 PM
Remember when changing ends at half time over yon wee bridge there was always the probability of a pagger.

Airdrie was a definite though..mind being one of the first on the Carlton bus there after a midweek game and the skinheads were smashing every window with rocks before reinforcements arrived...

Some of those battles should be in the history books: The battle(s) of Brockville Bridge has a nice ring to it. Not quite as pleasant if you got caught up in it though. Suppose we were fortunate to survive some of those away days relatively unscathed.

hhibs
06-08-2016, 04:28 PM
The town itself is ok, full of idiots like everywhere else bit its actually ok, the football clubs fans and employees are twats though!

Agreed !

emerald green
06-08-2016, 05:19 PM
'Mon the Hibs!

:agree: I remember going to both those dumps back in those days. Not pleasant is putting it mildly, especially on one particular occasion at the old Broomfield.

Neither of those clubs supporters (not many of them anyway - can't tar them all with the same brush) had much love for Hibs or their supporters and that's putting it mildly. Especially Airdrie.

Shower of *****. Both of them.

Famous Fiver
06-08-2016, 05:50 PM
Somebody asked when Falkirk are building their 4th stand.

Can I point out that as far as I am aware, it is not their stadium, they have never had to spend a single penny on it, it was built by local authority.

And they have the nerve to whine about resources!!

green day
06-08-2016, 10:20 PM
Not saying it is bad mate, just noting the name calling of JC is no worse than what our own crew get up to every other week. :wink:

Like who? Which player gets peado sung at him by hibs fans like Falkirk give JC?

Finn2015
06-08-2016, 10:30 PM
:agree: I remember going to both those dumps back in those days. Not pleasant is putting it mildly, especially on one particular occasion at the old Broomfield.

Neither of those clubs supporters (not many of them anyway - can't tar them all with the same brush) had much love for Hibs or their supporters and that's putting it mildly. Especially Airdrie.

Shower of *****. Both of them.

Didn't airdrie have a skinhead element attached to them? Forget the name

Eyrie
07-08-2016, 04:25 AM
Like who? Which player gets peado sung at him by hibs fans like Falkirk give JC?

What about all the references on here to Hearts fans being "Saviles"?

Ergye
07-08-2016, 04:41 AM

That's because of their fondness for wearing cheap sportswear and putting long brown smelly things in their mouths ....

ALF TUPPER
07-08-2016, 05:49 AM
I watched one of the away games on periscope last season because I couldn't go. It was a live feed from a Falkirk fan. I was surprised at the hatred they have for us. All ages

The venom spilling out of their nasty wee stand towards Stubbsy, the players and Hibs support could be likened to the Broomloan Rd or Copland Road stands at Hunbrox.

I want everyone to beat them. They are the new Huns of the Championship, for me.

GGTTH

Finn2015
07-08-2016, 05:58 AM
I watched one of the away games on periscope last season because I couldn't go. It was a live feed from a Falkirk fan. I was surprised at the hatred they have for us. All ages

The venom spilling out of their nasty wee stand towards Stubbsy, the players and Hibs support could be likened to the Broomloan Rd or Copland Road stands at Hunbrox.

I want everyone to beat them. They are the new Huns of the Championship, for me.

GGTTH

Falkirk seems to be full of Huns any way. I walked from Falkirk high station to the ground through the town centre and the amount of people in sevco tops was unbelievable.

green day
07-08-2016, 06:05 AM

Yep, but my point far upthread was that at every Falkirk game last season, either Easter Rd or their ****heap stadium, their fans sang about JC being a peado.

We don't do that, and IIRC from last season, the only clubs which did it every game were Falkirk and the Huns.

jax67
07-08-2016, 06:47 AM
Exactly. **** them and **** there ******** hearts ******* of a manager.

I find it disturbing that I know exactly every word that is hidden behind the stars. Ah **** it!!

Keith_M
07-08-2016, 07:23 AM

Section B.

There was then a Casuals mob with the same name.

07-08-2016, 07:47 AM
Before last season I never really gave them much thought but their nippy wee fans who seem desperate to create a rivalry with us plus their arrogant top hearts ****er of a manager have made them a very annoying bunch.

Pretty Boy
07-08-2016, 07:48 AM
All the paedo 'banter' is ****ing chronic.

I include the guys in our support who spent the whole 2nd half of a game at St Mirren last season launching the same crap chat at Jamie Langfield. I'm not sure what Cummings has done to deserve it either except be in roughly the same place as where an incident took place.

If that's the level of your wit you really need help.

Finn2015
07-08-2016, 08:01 AM
Section B.

That's the one thanks K👍

Eyrie
07-08-2016, 11:37 AM
Yep, but my point far upthread was that at every Falkirk game last season, either Easter Rd or their ****heap stadium, their fans sang about JC being a peado.

We don't do that, and IIRC from last season, the only clubs which did it every game were Falkirk and the Huns.

PB has mentioned Langfield being targeted with that chant last season.

And I fail to see the difference between singing it at a game and constantly referring to Hearts as paedos on here as if the subject is a laughing matter like Locke's sexual fetish.

emerald green
07-08-2016, 11:46 AM

Section B.

Section B rings vague bells now that I've read K's post. I've no idea if that's what they were called as long ago as when I'm talking about though. :greengrin

Football related violence was widespread in the 70s, but Airdrie just seemed to have a particularly bad element within their support.

green day
07-08-2016, 11:48 AM
PB has mentioned Langfield being targeted with that chant last season.

And I fail to see the difference between singing it at a game and constantly referring to Hearts as paedos on here as if the subject is a laughing matter like Locke's sexual fetish.

Wasn't aware of the Langfield one.

Agreed it's terrible patter whoever is the target.

It was the constant, every single game stuff about JC that annoyed me.