PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Cup Final Official Statement Update - 05 August 2016

MickeyEdwards
05-08-2016, 06:18 PM
http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-63/

Unbelievable actually! :confused:

Jones28
05-08-2016, 06:21 PM
* THE Rangers

banarc7062
05-08-2016, 06:22 PM
Getting their "defence" in already. Are the compilers of the report season ticket holders and Ibrox.

Keith_M
:faf:

southsider
For a new club they have a lota balls.

Sammy7nil
05-08-2016, 06:24 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Hopefully. HIBS take their time and issue a Statement about what really happened and what actually did not happen.

The Spaceman
:faf:

Smartie
Unbelievable?

Inevitable more like.

Real Emerald
05-08-2016, 06:25 PM
Hope they get stuffed by everyone in their first season in the top league, even hope Hertz stuff them with a barrow load.

snedzuk
05-08-2016, 06:27 PM
On the eve of the new season good to be reminded why I cannot stand that sorry excuse for a 'club'.

I feel dirty now having clicked onto their website as well.

Kojock
Why they taking their time over this statement. They were quick enough to release one by (feasting on a turd) Traynor on 21/05/2016.

Matty_Jack04
Are the findings out for all to see soon?

Pete
05-08-2016, 06:29 PM
You would think they'd have learned by now to count to ten before opening their mouths.

They are basically calling this report worthless and their views should be considered above it.

I don't like using the word hate but I'm really starting to feel that way about this cretinous club.

Jim44
05-08-2016, 06:30 PM
BBC insisted that they were 'returning' to the top tier. Interestingly, Brenden Rodgers said they were coming in to the top tier. Despite the bullying and hammering that Sevco have given the BBC, they are still cowtowing to the vermin.

Benny Brazil
05-08-2016, 06:30 PM
Are the findings out for all to see soon?

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=16434&newsCa%20tegoryID=1

Jonnyboy
05-08-2016, 06:31 PM
You would think they'd have learned by now to count to ten before opening their mouths.

They are basically calling this report worthless and their views should be considered above it.

I don't like using the word hate but I'm really starting to feel that way about this cretinous club.

While doing a 'Coisty' and demanding the right to interrogate the author

Ryan91
05-08-2016, 06:34 PM
Anyone able to post the text for those of us who would rather not click through on to their site?

Bristolhibby
05-08-2016, 06:36 PM
Hope they get stuffed by everyone in their first season in the top league, even hope Hertz stuff them with a barrow load.

They will. They are pish!

fat freddy
05-08-2016, 06:36 PM
It reads like a spoilt brats memo to the author of the report. In short: We don't want to comment on this at the moment, but we will.... Why don't you believe us?! We told you what happened straight after the final, how dare you suggest it was anything other than what we said it was!!! This is so unfair! We're going to go mental if you don't do as we say. Just you wait until we tell our dads and our big brothers. (The floor adjacent to the pram is now littered with toys) The naughty Hibs fans are pissing themselves laughing in the corner.

GreenLake
05-08-2016, 06:40 PM
:faf::faf::faf:

hibee1875
05-08-2016, 06:40 PM
How can they be banning fans from Ibrox due to their actions on that fine day yet fail to acknowledge that they were also on the pitch (for one reason) in any official statement!?!

It's ludicrous!

HibsNutter
05-08-2016, 06:41 PM
While you're on that website, have a read through the club statement from 22nd of May again. Absolutely ****ing golden.

Joe6-2
05-08-2016, 06:47 PM
Hibs really have to respond, we have kept quiet long enough!
Mind you, everyone except those liars, know the truth!

Northernhibee
05-08-2016, 06:48 PM
Cool story Sevco, anything about the sectarian abuse sung towards Alan Stubbs after the second goal by the vast majority of your support?

gringojoe
05-08-2016, 06:49 PM
Lee Wallace is a grass.

Kato
05-08-2016, 06:50 PM
Weirdos.

Smartie
05-08-2016, 06:51 PM
Hibs really have to respond, we have kept quiet long enough!
Mind you, everyone except those liars, know the truth!

Well, they could jump in quickly like Rangers have and release something equally as daft. It might pander to the dafties amongst our fan base but it's not really what we need right now.

Read the report, count to 10, breathe, read it again, consider it, mull it over then release the right statement.

Hibs have been placed in a tricky position since it happened but imo have played a blinder all along.

Eyrie
05-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Anyone able to post the text for those of us who would rather not click through on to their site?

RANGERS will take time to consider fully the findings of the report into the pitch invasion by Hibernian supporters at the end of the Scottish Cup final and make further comment at the appropriate time.

At present we wish to do nothing that might detract from the team’s first match back in Scottish football’s top flight.

We can state however that we will be seeking an urgent meeting with the author of the report, Sheriff Principal Edward Bowen, the Scottish FA’s Chief Executive Stewart Regan and his Compliance Officer, Tony McGlennan.

It is imperative that we gain insight into the underlying basis for the findings in the report given that we consider it contains a number of factual inaccuracies and contradictions. It is right that the Club gives the author and requisitioner of the report the opportunity to comment on our concerns prior to making a conclusive statement.

It is to be hoped that the Scottish FA, as they begin considering this report and the appropriate punishments, remember vividly what actually occurred on Saturday, May 21, 2016 at the National Stadium when Hibernian fans were allowed to invade the field of play and attack Rangers players and staff, who were offered little protection.

Translation - they can't believe that their lies haven't been accepted as fact.

West lower
05-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Why they taking their time over this statement. They were quick enough to release one by (feasting on a turd) Traynor on 21/05/2016.

Coz even they know he made a total T*t of himself that day.

Bostonhibby
05-08-2016, 06:55 PM
It reads like a spoilt brats memo to the author of the report. In short: We don't want to comment on this at the moment, but we will.... Why don't you believe us?! We told you what happened straight after the final, how dare you suggest it was anything other than what we said it was!!! This is so unfair! We're going to go mental if you don't do as we say. Just you wait until we tell our dads and our big brothers. (The floor adjacent to the pram is now littered with toys) The naughty Hibs fans are pissing themselves laughing in the corner.
People have been laughing at them and calling them names so I doubt they and their chums in the meejah will be happy until the the huns friendly compliance officer makes sure every hibs fan is sentenced to a Chinese burn to be inflicted on each of us by sally mccoist.

Joe6-2
Well, they could jump in quickly like Rangers have and release something equally as daft. It might pander to the dafties amongst our fan base but it's not really what we need right now.

Read the report, count to 10, breathe, read it again, consider it, mull it over then release the right statement.

Hibs have been placed in a tricky position since it happened but imo have played a blinder all along.

I agree to a certain extent, but Hibs remained silent after their initial ridiculous statement, and have remained restrained since!!
But surely there comes a time when we defend ourselves against them!

Craig_HFC
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

I didn't think they could top the statement from 21/5 but how wrong I was!!

Hi Heid Yin
05-08-2016, 06:58 PM
What a shameful, lying and despicable club this Sevco is turning out to be.
They have been in existence for a mere 4 years, and rather than be grateful for reaching their first Scottish Cup final and accept that Hibernian FC were deserved victors on the day, they persist in drawing attention to the violent skirmishes after their capitulation, pleading innocence for their violent hordes, whilst blaming, solely, a goading minority of Hibees for incensing them to invade the pitch to brutally attack anything in green - for example kicking a youngster in the head whilst he lay unprotected on the grass.

Smartie
05-08-2016, 07:04 PM
I agree to a certain extent, but Hibs remained silent after their initial ridiculous statement, and have remained restrained since!!
But surely there comes a time when we defend ourselves against them!

There most certainly is.

But I don't think it does us any harm to let them continue to make an erse of themselves for a wee bit longer.

It only strengthens our case imo.

We look like we're a club led by calm, measured people and I think we'd all accept that some of our fans crossed a line on the day.

They look like a bunch of muppets, whipped into a frenzy by emotional lunatics and that won't do them any favours.

It's tempting to bite back but that's not what we should do.

Yet.

calamitus
05-08-2016, 07:04 PM

I'd like to thank the Rangers for giving me another Scottish domestic match to care about. Previously, I couldn't have cared less about the result of Hearts vs the Rangers, because I wanted both to lose equally. Now, I hope Hearts destroy them

lyonhibs
05-08-2016, 07:10 PM
They're nothing if not consistent. Deluded, pontificating ********s with a hilarious sense of self importance. They think everyone owes them something, and they obviously thought this report owed them a stunning vindication of their warped version of events.

Pure ragin' it hasnae, so they are.

Pretty Boy
05-08-2016, 07:14 PM
'Me no like when fenians win cup. We are ra peepul and we want our way now!' Said a Rangers statement.

Peanut Shaz
05-08-2016, 07:15 PM
Hate is a strong word and one I don't use often. But there are exceptions.....I hate The Rangers and everything surrounding them.

fat freddy
I'd like to thank the Rangers for giving me another Scottish domestic match to care about. Previously, I couldn't have cared less about the result of Hearts vs the Rangers, because I wanted both to lose equally. Now, I hope Hearts destroy them

I'm with you on this, This version of rangers have set themselves up to be more hated than any other club in Scotland has ever been. Somehow they have united every fan in Scotland in a mutual dislike of their club. Next time they play hearts I will be in the unbelievable position of wanting hearts to destroy them. Could Sevco now be the most hated club in world football? Or is it just us?

mca

I Must Admit... I have never ever wanted Hearts to Win.. But i Do Now... Hope Everyone Beats The Huns ...

JeMeSouviens
05-08-2016, 07:17 PM
I Must Admit... I have never ever wanted Hearts to Win.. But i Do Now... Hope Everyone Beats The Huns ...

Me too. Weird isn't it?

Northernhibee
05-08-2016, 07:20 PM
I detest Sevco more than I do Hearts.

Pretty Boy
05-08-2016, 07:25 PM
Hate is a strong word and one I don't use often. But there are exceptions.....I hate The Rangers and everything surrounding them.

Likewise.

I was well brought up.....

Galahibby
05-08-2016, 07:28 PM
*Back* in the top flight?! :confused:

Saturday Boy
05-08-2016, 07:31 PM
They're nothing if not consistent. Deluded, pontificating ********s with a hilarious sense of self importance. They think everyone owes them something, and they obviously thought this report owed them a stunning vindication of their warped version of events.

Pure ragin' it hasnae, so they are.

I never thought I'd see "pontificating" and The Rangers in the same sentence. Better watch out, super ally will be demanding to know who the pontiff is :wink:

The Captain....
05-08-2016, 07:37 PM
I wish the horrible *******s would hurry up and die again. Would make me immeasurably content.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
05-08-2016, 07:37 PM
I'd kinda like Hibs to come out all guns blazing with a response but at the same time I like to think that the silence winds them up.

A couple of sly wee digs would be nice mind.

Aldo
05-08-2016, 07:42 PM
They think they have the devine right to do, say and act how they like because of who they think they are.

From the minute Sir David popped that header into their net they have been putting spin on everything making out that they are the victim and they continue to do so!

They want to be totally absolved from all blame and apologise from everyone because in their eyes they did no wrong.

This report shows them in a poor light and reports how it is, they don't like that!

We have conducted ourselves in a professional manner and not used every media outlet to hide and put out utter drivel at every opportunity!

I personally don't think the club should be making any statements until we see what punishment, if any we shall receive!!

euro Hibby
05-08-2016, 07:48 PM
evidently the cheat culture remains permanently within the club and again that is a pretty sorry club statement to follow on from the others released soon after the game.
Hibs have said that they will reply when the time is right so we beat them in th ecup and we will beat them on this issue.

Given their murky past they would have been better served to climb down of the horse and bite the bullet. For some that is impossible and they need to keep the lie going..........

Beefster
05-08-2016, 07:53 PM
Their bitterness about us winning the cup just makes it all the sweeter.

Wee Effen Bee
05-08-2016, 07:53 PM
There most certainly is.

But I don't think it does us any harm to let them continue to make an erse of themselves for a wee bit longer.

It only strengthens our case imo.

We look like we're a club led by calm, measured people and I think we'd all accept that some of our fans crossed a line on the day.

They look like a bunch of muppets, whipped into a frenzy by emotional lunatics and that won't do them any favours.

It's tempting to bite back but that's not what we should do.

Yet.

I agree Smartie. :aok: I believe their inane ramblings and the meejuh's penchant for supporting them (even when it goes against the major tenets of impartial journalism) has highlighted how intelligent Rod Petrie is: immediately after the final, when the Hun's PR team were scrambling around the English language in order to put out the most offensive 'press release' since er, their previous one, Petrie sounded assured and very calm, despite being in raptures with us winning the cup in such dramatic fashion. He chose his words carefully and responded to the reporter in a highly measured fashion. Contrast that interview, where his response was off the cuff, with the absolute drivel put together by so called professional journalists. No contest!:agree:

PeeKay
05-08-2016, 07:55 PM
They think they have the devine right to do, say and act how they like because of who they think they are.

From the minute Sir David popped that header into their net they have been putting spin on everything making out that they are the victim and they continue to do so!

They want to be totally absolved from all blame and apologise from everyone because in their eyes they did no wrong.

This report shows them in a poor light and reports how it is, they don't like that!

We have conducted ourselves in a professional manner and not used every media outlet to hide and put out utter drivel at every opportunity!

I personally don't think the club should be making any statements until we see what punishment, if any we shall receive!!

The report's main findings and recommendations:

Police and steward numbers were appropriate
Neither club to blame for crowd trouble
Call for debate on criminalising pitch invasions
Physical interaction between players and fans to be discouraged
Retractable tunnel could improve player safety
Pitch invasion sparked by Hibs fans' high excitement
Overwhelming majory of Rangers fans behaved properly

Surely there is now no question that Hibs will be punished if neither club was to blame?

Aldo
05-08-2016, 08:03 PM
The report's main findings and recommendations: Police and steward numbers were appropriate Neither club to blame for crowd trouble Call for debate on criminalising pitch invasions Physical interaction between players and fans to be discouraged Retractable tunnel could improve player safety Pitch invasion sparked by Hibs fans' high excitement Overwhelming majory of Rangers fans behaved properly Surely there is now no question that Hibs will be punished if neither club was to blame?

I think we will get something even if it's to cover the cost of the goals or indeed the hoardings!!

Regan and co are desperate to do us' BIGTIME' IMHO and were hoping this independent report would allow them to back up the alleged fact provided by the unbiased Sevco board/players and fans.

How much are they all hurting after this!! Sevco's statement is and was to be expected!

Regan and co will now try and concoct something else but with the report Hibs have very much got everything they need to back up our fight.

I would suggest the club has once again, including Mr P on the day in question, played an absolute blinder to date!

heretoday
05-08-2016, 08:06 PM
I'd kinda like Hibs to come out all guns blazing with a response but at the same time I like to think that the silence winds them up.

A couple of sly wee digs would be nice mind.

No no. We want to come on like they do - all "butter wouldn't melt in the mouth".

That's their usual response when they are accused of, for instance, singing sectarian songs , saying it's only a minority when we all know the whole of Ibrox is at it.

Peanut Shaz
05-08-2016, 08:06 PM
Likewise.

I was well brought up.....

👍

Finn2015
05-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Loathsome detestable club. I do hate them, more than the yams or any other club

connerg
05-08-2016, 08:32 PM

Me too. For the first time in my life i want Hearts to win a game that doesn't benefit Hibs. :giruy2:

Ozyhibby
05-08-2016, 08:32 PM
Sevco are the Donald Trump of Scottish football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
05-08-2016, 08:38 PM
Me too. For the first time in my life i want Hearts to win a game that doesn't benefit Hibs. :giruy2:

Me too. Think i hate Rangers more than i hate Hearts. Would love it if Hearts managed to pump them this season. :duck:

Wee Effen Bee
05-08-2016, 09:01 PM

Surely there is now no question that Hibs will be punished if neither club was to blame?

Just listening to Sky Sports. Both presenters talking about the Huns 'returning' and 'coming back up' to the top flight. Interestingly though, when they spoke about Hibs supporters confronting Rangers players, they said sectarian language was being used. I hadn't heard that charge against us before and hadn't read it anywhere else. I was fuming that they made it sound as if we were responsible but maybe we were. Has this been raised on .net previously? :dunno:

CropleyWasGod
05-08-2016, 09:04 PM
Just listening to Sky Sports. Both presenters talking about the Huns 'returning' and 'coming back up' to the top flight. Interestingly though, when they spoke about Hibs supporters confronting Rangers players, they said sectarian language was being used. I hadn't heard that charge against us before and hadn't read it anywhere else. I was fuming that they made it sound as if we were responsible but maybe we were. Has this been raised on .net previously? :dunno:

It was in the enquiry report.

Can't say I'm surprised, TBH. We've got plenty nutters in our support.

Northernhibee
05-08-2016, 09:08 PM
They've released a statement on their YouTube channel as well.

https://youtu.be/i7zw92lSNus?t=18

Dunbar Hibee
05-08-2016, 09:11 PM
Hate is a strong word, absolutely. I can truly say though, I ****ing hate those horrible zombie Neanderthals.

Onion
05-08-2016, 09:14 PM
I think we will get something even if it's to cover the cost of the goals or indeed the hoardings!!

Regan and co are desperate to do us' BIGTIME' IMHO and were hoping this independent report would allow them to back up the alleged fact provided by the unbiased Sevco board/players and fans.

How much are they all hurting after this!! Sevco's statement is and was to be expected!

Regan and co will now try and concoct something else but with the report Hibs have very much got everything they need to back up our fight.

I would suggest the club has once again, including Mr P on the day in question, played an absolute blinder to date!

:agree:Regan and Sevco are scuppered. The Indy Comm Report leaves them little room to hammer Hibs even if they wanted to. Pleasing :thumbsup:

GlesgaeHibby
05-08-2016, 09:59 PM
Follow follow has some belters:

One football clubs supporters were responsible for everything that happened.

Thousands of them were allowed to rampage all the way to our fans with the sole intention to provoke and **** all was done to prevent it.Due to the shambolic policing and stewarding the last line of defence was a substantially smaller number of Rangers fans who were forced to confront the Hibs thugs as they made there way towards terrified women and kids.

The evidence is staring them in the face but as others have said I expect a whitewash.

:aok::aok::aok:

Bostonhibby
05-08-2016, 10:11 PM

Thousands of them were allowed to rampage all the way to our fans with the sole intention to provoke and **** all was done to prevent it.Due to the shambolic policing and stewarding the last line of defence was a substantially smaller number of Rangers fans who were forced to confront the Hibs thugs as they made there way towards terrified women and kids.

The evidence is staring them in the face but as others have said I expect a whitewash.

"Last line of defence" Wtf? They really do see themselves as some form of caped crusaders.

Obviously not dawned on them that the vast majority of people charged with the violence related offences weren't hibs fans.

And most rational people know what west of Scotland football fans and Scottish cup supporters actually means.

They really can't handle their comprehensive beating on the day. Worse than fans of the now defunct Glasgow rangers it seems.

Wee Effen Bee
05-08-2016, 10:17 PM
It was in the enquiry report.

Can't say I'm surprised, TBH. We've got plenty nutters in our support.

Yes, that was my question CWG - I was wondering why I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere since the final and the official report was the only time I had really heard that our fans had directed sectarian abuse towards THEM! I agree with your point about our ain nutters - at least we are able to say they are only a tiny minority:greengrin

Stantons Angel
05-08-2016, 10:17 PM

Thats exactly how i see it too.

In one way its quite threatening to the author, and the facts they are talking about seem true enough to me?

If you look at the list of deviants arrested and charged for misbehaviour then 90% of that number are rangers fans. They had no need to come on to the pitch and as much as the Hibs supporters, they shouldnt have been there either. they werent coming on to congratulate us, where they???

i think the author got it spot on......excitement, yes thats what it was and we are no thugs either............

Steve-O
05-08-2016, 10:19 PM

I would imagine that the most likely 'sectarian' language was a few folk saying 'Hun bassas' or the like.

CropleyWasGod
05-08-2016, 10:25 PM
Yes, that was my question CWG - I was wondering why I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere since the final and the official report was the only time I had really heard that our fans had directed sectarian abuse towards THEM! I agree with your point about our ain nutters - at least we are able to say they are only a tiny minority:greengrin

The evidence would probably have come from Hampden security folk, ie police or G4S. Neither of those groups would have been sounding off in the media.

It may also have come from RFC staff. However, their public pronouncements were being controlled by Jabba, so none of that would have been allowed to be aired, lest it detracted from the "real" story of the physical attacks on everything RFC.

NAE NOOKIE
05-08-2016, 10:31 PM

Beyond delusional :faf:

poolman
05-08-2016, 10:45 PM

Well the " terrified women and kids " should not have invaded the pitch as well 😯

Dashing Bob S
05-08-2016, 10:50 PM
They are truly up to their knees in their own salty tears. :boo hoo:

fat freddy
05-08-2016, 10:52 PM
Well the " terrified women and kids " should not have invaded the pitch as well 😯
#prayforterrifiedwomen

GreenOnions
05-08-2016, 10:54 PM

This is the thing. Some may think the pitch invasion was wrong (as I do). However - for sanctions to be applied an element of blame must be laid at someone's door and be beyond dispute. That has happened with individual acts of hooliganism/violence at the cup final but, if the report has found that the clubs were not to blame for their supporters' actions, I cannot see how ANY fine or other punishment can be handed down to either Hibs or The Rangers.

From where I'm standing that is the logical way to look at things. It will be amusing to watch the losing finalists lose their dignity trying in vain to argue successfully otherwise.

Maybe The Rangers or the old club ought to have supported the principle of strict liability after all? 😅

Victor
05-08-2016, 11:04 PM
Rangers have moved the concept of 'bad losers' to a new level.

GreenCastle
05-08-2016, 11:06 PM
You can feel the pain and suffering ! What a victory and day to remember !

jacomo
05-08-2016, 11:10 PM
:agree:Regan and Sevco are scuppered. The Indy Comm Report leaves them little room to hammer Hibs even if they wanted to. Pleasing :thumbsup:

:agree:

Seems like HFC are exonerated by the report - not to blame.

Scotland's shame will see it as evidence of a conspiracy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36991311

RoYO!
05-08-2016, 11:14 PM
Rangers have moved the concept of 'bad losers' to a new level.

It's an interesting point. Has any individual or team ever taken a defeat worse than this? Genuine question!

marinello59
05-08-2016, 11:23 PM
You can feel the pain and suffering ! What a victory and day to remember !

It's tough for them given their culture of entitlement. Us beating them was their worst nightmare.

Ozyhibby
05-08-2016, 11:47 PM
It's an interesting point. Has any individual or team ever taken a defeat worse than this? Genuine question!

The old club didn't take losing the 1980 Scottish cup final very well. [emoji3]

matty_f
06-08-2016, 12:17 AM
The Rangers can **** right off.

capitals_finest
06-08-2016, 12:20 AM
The Rangers still can't seem to grasp that the rest of the world know what they truly are - unsuccessful bullies. A generation of small minded horrible wee shyt*s that once thought they bossed Scotland but have repeatedly been shafted on and off the pitch. We are not intimidated by these Dinosaurs and they hate it.

The bulk of them will sit in their crappy wee clubs and lodges reading their Daily Records telling each other how big and great they are pretending they are their old club while the rest of the us get on with life, evolve and laugh at the pricks.:na na::flag:

Ozyhibby
06-08-2016, 12:47 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160806/f34e8ecbcab917a0305133889948a235.jpg

Really is time we removed the Record from Easter road.

poolman
06-08-2016, 12:50 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160806/f34e8ecbcab917a0305133889948a235.jpg

Really is time we removed the Record from Easter road.

That is a f%#*"#= disgrace

Ozyhibby
06-08-2016, 12:52 AM

It's a newspaper that has become openly hostile to the club. It's time to remove their press privileges.

snooky
06-08-2016, 01:00 AM
It's a newspaper that has become openly hostile to the club. It's time to remove their press privileges.

Selective reporting at best. What about the allegiance of the other arrested fans?

HTID
06-08-2016, 01:11 AM

The Rangers fans think so too - they want that figure upped to about 4,000 :rolleyes:

connerg
06-08-2016, 01:16 AM
The Rangers still can't seem to grasp that the rest of the world know what they truly are - unsuccessful bullies. A generation of small minded horrible wee shyt*s that once thought they bossed Scotland but have repeatedly been shafted on and off the pitch. We are not intimidated by these Dinosaurs and they hate it.

The bulk of them will sit in their crappy wee clubs and lodges reading their Daily Records telling each other how big and great they are pretending they are their old club while the rest of the us get on with life, evolve and laugh at the pricks.:na na::flag:

Very accurate description of them. I was reading it, and saying to myself, that's exactly what they think.

If Hibs do get fined, don't pay it. Do The Rangers still not owe the SFA 250k for going into liquidation?

Baader
06-08-2016, 01:19 AM
The Record really is a complete joke. I agree that Hibs should ban any of their hacks from entering ER. Absolute rag along with The S**

NAE NOOKIE
06-08-2016, 01:29 AM
RANGERS will take time to consider fully the findings of the report into the pitch invasion by Hibernian supporters at the end of the Scottish Cup final and make further comment at the appropriate time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The very first line of their statement contains a not very subtle misrepresentation of the facts, without doubt calculated, not for the first time since the end of the game, to load all of the 'blame' onto us.

The commission's remit was not to ... "report into the pitch invasion by Hibernian supporters" ... the remit was to investigate the events following the final whistle and see who, if anybody, was the cause of the pitch invasion and if there were faults to be found in the way the SFA, Police Scotland and G4S had handled match security, both in the planning of it and on the day, which enabled fans of BOTH clubs to enter the field of play.
Also to ask if Hibs ... and The Rangers ... had in any way failed to do their utmost to ensure supporters were made aware of what was unacceptable conduct and that ticket sales were appropriately controlled, by BOTH clubs ..... something Sevco did by having a ballot of ST holders, which begs the question, how the hell did one of their convicted fans have '20' previous convictions and yet was apparently still able to hold a ST .. don't tell me not one of those previous convictions was football related.

This was not solely an investigation into Hibernian football club, or the conduct of its supporters as the Sevco statement is clearly trying to imply .... it was an investigation into the way security at the game was managed.

I know Hibs are keeping their powder dry at this stage and that they are unlikely to do anything other than try to fully cooperate with the police and football authorities until such time as punishment ( if any ) is decided. But once we are past that stage Hibs should give very careful consideration to the conduct of Sevco in this matter ....... It seems to me that at every turn for their own selfish ends they have attempted to paint Hibs and the clubs supporters in the worst possible light, without so much as a second thought to the damage that Hibs and all of the clubs support might suffer as a result.

Nobody is pretending that Hibs were going to come out of this situation smelling of roses, but the actions of Sevco have made an already bad situation considerably worse than it needed to be for us.

When the time is right I for one will be very, very disappointed if Hibs don't come out swinging .... its time we put these ****ers in their place off the pitch the way we did on it. If that includes publicly asking the questions that the SFA and SPFL are afraid to address then so be it as far as I'm concerned. If that means making what was always at best a toxic relationship between the clubs, off the field at least, even worse then so be it .... we certainly have nothing to lose in that regard.

connerg
06-08-2016, 02:07 AM
In the report it states that the majority of huns behaved well. So they admit that a minority behaved badly!

Same with Hibs fans then!!!!

Bristolhibby
06-08-2016, 04:36 AM
http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-63/

Unbelievable actually! :confused:

Guys, we all know this bit to have been a lie.

"It is to be hoped that the Scottish FA, as they begin considering this report and the appropriate punishments, remember vividly what actually occurred on Saturday, May 21, 2016 at the National Stadium when Hibernian fans were allowed to invade the field of play and attack Rangers players and staff, who were offered little protection."

Give it up.

J

Dashing Bob S
06-08-2016, 04:46 AM
They've been making ****s of themselves since way back in 2012. No reason for them to stop now. Tradition.

Barney McGrew
06-08-2016, 04:51 AM
That Daily Record headline is absolutely embarrassing.

Its clear as day their circulation figures are disappearing down the drain and they're now scrabbling around trying to create controversy to sell papers. All they're doing is showing the,selves up as the biased erse holes they really are.

Its laughable.:LOL:

CraigHibee
06-08-2016, 05:15 AM
embarrassing statement from sevco, the report was a fair one and it was right in what it said, i think given sevco are only a couple of years old their they may be a little inexperienced at handling any criticism correctly and have this "it wasn't us" attitude :aok:

IanM
06-08-2016, 05:51 AM
😂😂😂

That is all

Flanny boy
06-08-2016, 06:00 AM
Shame of the daily ranger eh

Finn2015
06-08-2016, 06:14 AM
They have no shame and will always be the mouthpiece of der hun

Springbank
embarrassing statement from sevco, the report was a fair one and it was right in what it said, i think given sevco are only a couple of years old their they may be a little inexperienced at handling any criticism correctly and have this "it wasn't us" attitude :aok:

Yeah its the kind of inexperienced action I'd have expected from someone like Gretna in the mid 2000s.

theonlywayisup
#prayforterrifiedwomen

Quite ironic when you think of the history of domestic abuse after old firm games.

Also what do you see when the TV cameras panned into the Hibs crowd - lots of kids with faces painted, lots of females many young and loads of youths praying for the dream to happen. What do you see when the TV cameras panned into the The Rangers fans - lots of middle age men, looking hard as nails - these guys definately don't do running away.

SouthMoroccoStu
06-08-2016, 06:17 AM
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Got to love how bitter these puddle drinkers are

Shows the report must be unbiased and fair

Daily Record, three words for you.

HENDERSON TO DELIVER

Onion
06-08-2016, 06:18 AM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The very first line of their statement contains a not very subtle misrepresentation of the facts, without doubt calculated, not for the first time since the end of the game, to load all of the 'blame' onto us.

The commission's remit was not to ... "report into the pitch invasion by Hibernian supporters" ... the remit was to investigate the events following the final whistle and see who, if anybody, was the cause of the pitch invasion and if there were faults to be found in the way the SFA, Police Scotland and G4S had handled match security, both in the planning of it and on the day, which enabled fans of BOTH clubs to enter the field of play.
Also to ask if Hibs ... and The Rangers ... had in any way failed to do their utmost to ensure supporters were made aware of what was unacceptable conduct and that ticket sales were appropriately controlled, by BOTH clubs ..... something Sevco did by having a ballot of ST holders, which begs the question, how the hell did one of their convicted fans have '20' previous convictions and yet was apparently still able to hold a ST .. don't tell me not one of those previous convictions was football related.

This was not solely an investigation into Hibernian football club, or the conduct of its supporters as the Sevco statement is clearly trying to imply .... it was an investigation into the way security at the game was managed.

I know Hibs are keeping their powder dry at this stage and that they are unlikely to do anything other than try to fully cooperate with the police and football authorities until such time as punishment ( if any ) is decided. But once we are past that stage Hibs should give very careful consideration to the conduct of Sevco in this matter ....... It seems to me that at every turn for their own selfish ends they have attempted to paint Hibs and the clubs supporters in the worst possible light, without so much as a second thought to the damage that Hibs and all of the clubs support might suffer as a result.

Nobody is pretending that Hibs were going to come out of this situation smelling of roses, but the actions of Sevco have made an already bad situation considerably worse than it needed to be for us.

When the time is right I for one will be very, very disappointed if Hibs don't come out swinging .... its time we put these ****ers in their place off the pitch the way we did on it. If that includes publicly asking the questions that the SFA and SPFL are afraid to address then so be it as far as I'm concerned. If that means making what was always at best a toxic relationship between the clubs, off the field at least, even worse then so be it .... we certainly have nothing to lose in that regard.

Hibs first move must be to raise concerns with the SFA, rather than go public and start an all out war of words with The Rangers. The media will ensure there is only be one winner in that.

The SFA commissioned this Independent Report, which has been produced in the cold light of day based on the facts. It is the SFA's job to support the integrity of that report and make sure that all parties impacted by it's findings ACCEPT it fully. What The Rangers have done is publicly question the Report's integrity and core findings, and again publicly blaming every Hibs fan for everything that happened post-match. That's completely unacceptable and brings the game into disrepute. They're acting like petulant school girls.

NOW is the time for the SFA to step on The Ranger's throats and tell them to shut the hell up. It's not Hibs job to de that !

fat freddy
06-08-2016, 06:21 AM
We have won The Inquiry Cup... Thats 2 cups we've won against them this summer, They're Raging, we've castrated them as a club

marinello59
06-08-2016, 06:26 AM

They have the same old Rangers sense of superiority and entitlement. Add in the dodgy business man at the helm deflecting attention from his own failings by appealing to the more 'traditional' element amongst their support and we have a very toxic brew. They are intent on throwing petrol on to this particular fire. The rest of Scottish football will see them for what they are, failed bullies helplessly trying to grab the power they think they deserve. Traynor has obviously called in some favours from some old pals at the Record. Let's not forget his actions and words when he abandoned all pretence at being an independent journalist and joined Sevco as their mouthpiece. He burned a few bridges back then as he revealed himself to be the craven, subservient small minded lickspittle we always suspected he was.
The truth here is that when the final whistle went at Hampden the two bit bigoted gangsters running that club simply could not handle the fact that the trophy they felt they had won by beating Celtic in the semi-final had been denied to them by a far superior performance from a 'diddy' team in green from Edinburgh. Every statement they release and every display of the sense of injustice they so obviously feel should only add to the intense satisafaction we feel at having beaten them to win that cup. They used to be a genuine power in Scottish football as they bullied and cheated their way to trophy after trophy. Now they are just a joke and outside of their temple to traditionalism at Ibrox and The Daily Ranger the rest of Scotland knows it and are laughing heartily at them.

fat freddy
06-08-2016, 06:27 AM
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Got to love how bitter these puddle drinkers are

Shows the report must be unbiased and fair

Daily Record, three words for you.

SHERIFF EDWARD BOHAM TO DELIVER fixed that for you

SouthMoroccoStu
06-08-2016, 06:30 AM
fixed that for you

:thumbsup:

hibbiedon
06-08-2016, 06:30 AM
​what a sad vile club

Dublin07
06-08-2016, 06:31 AM
They are a comic for unionist morons but for me it is time for hibs to ban them from Easter road. They have tried for 3 months to sell their lies, had it thrown in their face and still use that headline.

Heisenberg
06-08-2016, 06:44 AM
I hate them more than Hearts to be honest. Vile club. Vile supporters.
Hibernian should be banning the Daily Record from ER and we should be going to the SFA about Sevco brining the game into disrepute with their statements.

Pretty Boy
06-08-2016, 06:49 AM
It's not even funny.

The fact that was what they accept as the outcome of the report shows just how in the pocket of Rangers they are.

Agree with the above Hibs should tell Record reporters they are no longer welcome at ER.

Cabbage East
06-08-2016, 06:49 AM
I despise them. I can't wait to welcome them to Leith.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-08-2016, 06:50 AM
We won the Scottish Cup.

The end.

bingo70
06-08-2016, 06:53 AM
It's not even funny.

The fact that was what they accept as the outcome of the report shows just how in the pocket of Rangers they are.

Agree with the above Hibs should tell Record reporters they are no longer welcome at ER.

That's what I was thinking.

We all know the record is a rag but mud sticks and the publics perception here will be influenced by nonsense like this. I think most of us know people that still take what they read in the papers as gospel, particularly the older generation.

At some point Hibs surely need to try to defend the club.

fat freddy
06-08-2016, 06:54 AM
We won the Scottish Cup.

The end.

and The Inquiry Cup

SouthMoroccoStu
06-08-2016, 07:02 AM
At some point Hibs surely need to try to defend the club.

Too right

We've been quiet and dignified for too long now

It was the correct approach at the beginning, giving the media and the Rangers enough rope to hang themselves with but now it's time to fight back and defend the club and our supporters

The daily ranger is shocked that the INDEPENDENT inquiry isn't toeing the party line

Onceinawhile
06-08-2016, 07:03 AM
15 hibs fans?

58 arrests less 15 hibs fans, so 43 rangers fans shamed our game?

SouthMoroccoStu
06-08-2016, 07:05 AM
15 hibs fans?

58 arrests less 15 hibs fans, so 43 rangers fans shamed our game?

BOOM

Excellent point onceinawhile

JimBHibees
06-08-2016, 07:33 AM

Oh the brave Sevco Warriors. Heroes to a man. :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
06-08-2016, 07:39 AM
They have the same old Rangers sense of superiority and entitlement. Add in the dodgy business man at the helm deflecting attention from his own failings by appealing to the more 'traditional' element amongst their support and we have a very toxic brew. They are intent on throwing petrol on to this particular fire. The rest of Scottish football will see them for what they are, failed bullies helplessly trying to grab the power they think they deserve. Traynor has obviously called in some favours from some old pals at the Record. Let's not forget his actions and words when he abandoned all pretence at being an independent journalist and joined Sevco as their mouthpiece. He burned a few bridges back then as he revealed himself to be the craven, subservient small minded lickspittle we always suspected he was.
The truth here is that when the final whistle went at Hampden the two bit bigoted gangsters running that club simply could not handle the fact that the trophy they felt they had won by beating Celtic in the semi-final had been denied to them by a far superior performance from a 'diddy' team in green from Edinburgh. Every statement they release and every display of the sense of injustice they so obviously feel should only add to the intense satisafaction we feel at having beaten them to win that cup. They used to be a genuine power in Scottish football as they bullied and cheated their way to trophy after trophy. Now they are just a joke and outside of their temple to traditionalism at Ibrox and The Daily Ranger the rest of Scotland knows it and are laughing heartily at them.

Nailed it absolutely outstanding post. :thumbsup:

Silversand
06-08-2016, 07:42 AM
The Daily Ranger headline appears to come from this bit in the report statement:

"16.52.14 About 10 to 15 Hibs supporters had arrived at the West end of the pitch in sufficient proximity to the Rangers supporters to commence taunting them.

16.52.22 A number of Rangers supporters began pressing against the gates at the West end of the Stadium.

16.52.25 The first of a number of Rangers supporters came over the walls and ran towards the field of play."

Looks like this is the "15" & Daily Ranger "headline"

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Silversand
06-08-2016, 07:54 AM
Also a damning indictment of some in the West Stand :

"7.1.8. There was evidence that in the course of the Match sections of the crowd in West Stand merited greater Police attention than those in the East. This was because of the discharge of pyrotechnics and the singing of sectarian songs."

Jabba will not be pleased. [emoji4]

NAE NOOKIE
06-08-2016, 11:42 AM
Hibs first move must be to raise concerns with the SFA, rather than go public and start an all out war of words with The Rangers. The media will ensure there is only be one winner in that.

The SFA commissioned this Independent Report, which has been produced in the cold light of day based on the facts. It is the SFA's job to support the integrity of that report and make sure that all parties impacted by it's findings ACCEPT it fully. What The Rangers have done is publicly question the Report's integrity and core findings, and again publicly blaming every Hibs fan for everything that happened post-match. That's completely unacceptable and brings the game into disrepute. They're acting like petulant school girls.

NOW is the time for the SFA to step on The Ranger's throats and tell them to shut the hell up. It's not Hibs job to de that !

In most football jurisdictions I would totally agree with your points. But at what time in the total history of Scottish football has this 'ever' happened? Its already clear that Sevco are not going to accept the reports findings and the SFA's previous gives absolutely no indication that they have the will to make The Rangers do anything .... any other association would have stepped on their sectarian poison decades ago, its says everything about the SFA that its even worse now than it was 40 years ago when I first started going to games.

The SFA and SPFL have accepted that Sevco and Rangers 1872 are one and the same club and have allowed them to claim every title and cup won since then in their official media and merchandising ...... But if that is the case, why has the SFA / SPFL totally ignored that for 10 years that club cheated to win some of those titles and cups and instead done nothing? ..... its shameful that they have allowed them to have their cake and eat it .... so much for the SFA.

If Sevco's bitching was purely between them and the SFA we could all have a laugh .... but its not, their escape route from accepting any blame for their part in what happened is to pin everything on Hibs and its supporters and their mouthpiece rag is now fully on board by the looks of it. Hibs will get no help from the SFA in this matter and we either stand up for ourselves or accept that we are Sevco's bitch.

Ozyhibby
06-08-2016, 11:45 AM
In most football jurisdictions I would totally agree with your points. But at what time in the total history of Scottish football has this 'ever' happened? Its already clear that Sevco are not going to accept the reports findings and the SFA's previous gives absolutely no indication that they have the will to make The Rangers do anything .... any other association would have stepped on their sectarian poison decades ago, its says everything about the SFA that its even worse now than it was 40 years ago when I first started going to games.

The SFA and SPFL have accepted that Sevco and Rangers 1872 are one and the same club and have allowed them to claim every title and cup won since then in their official media and merchandising ...... But if that is the case, why has the SFA / SPFL totally ignored that for 10 years that club cheated to win some of those titles and cups and instead done nothing? ..... its shameful that they have allowed them to have their cake and eat it .... so much for the SFA.

If Sevco's bitching was purely between them and the SFA we could all have a laugh .... but its not, their escape route from accepting any blame for their part in what happened is to pin everything on Hibs and its supporters and their mouthpiece rag is now fully on board by the looks of it. Hibs will get no help from the SFA in this matter and we either stand up for ourselves or accept that we are Sevco's bitch.

And the scary thing is, our own chairman is a vice-president of that failing organisation.

NAE NOOKIE
06-08-2016, 11:53 AM
And the scary thing is, our own chairman is a vice-president of that failing organisation.

That's true .... but in this instance I would imagine he will have to take a huge backward step, he cant be seen to have an influence on what the SFA end up doing ... which if true to form will be to hammer Hibs as far as they can get away with and give Sevco a slap on the wrist at best.

Joe6-2
06-08-2016, 12:45 PM

This is just unbelievable!
Oh wait a minute.....it's not true!

Onion
06-08-2016, 01:00 PM

Hibs might well have to say their piece if the SFA do nothing to address the bitching and false accusations of Sevco, but on this occasion they have an Independent Report to draw on (or hide behind) so can claim to be responding to it's findings. If they sit back and allow Sevco to continue peddling their abuse and litany of lies, they simple reinforce their status as not fit for purpose. Having done all they can in the aftermath (with Sevco having done little to nothing) Hibs should be piling the pressure on the SFA to reign Sevco in.

The SFA cannot allow Sevco rip the Independent Report to sheds.

Thecat23
06-08-2016, 01:06 PM
The Rangers players, staff and fans can all just **** right off and go rub themselves in *****. The ****ing inbread knuckle dragging ********.

Hope The Rangers die off for good and soon.

davemcbain
06-08-2016, 01:17 PM
The Daily Ranger headline appears to come from this bit in the report statement:

"16.52.14 About 10 to 15 Hibs supporters had arrived at the West end of the pitch in sufficient proximity to the Rangers supporters to commence taunting them.

16.52.22 A number of Rangers supporters began pressing against the gates at the West end of the Stadium.

16.52.25 The first of a number of Rangers supporters came over the walls and ran towards the field of play."

Just to clarify - the statement from THE Rangers football club referred to their supporters entering the field of play after "sustained provocation" from Hibs fans.

The report would imply they were on the pitch 11 seconds after the Hibs fans arrived (or pressing the gates 8 seconds later).

No wonder the rangers are questioning it - the report unequivocally states that they are liars.....something we already knew, but it's there from an independent report.

magpie1892
06-08-2016, 07:22 PM
It's not even funny.

Tin hat on but I know from experience (I'm banned from press at St James' Park for something I can't legally comment on until 2018) that barring individual newspapers of note (and the Record, whatever you think of it, is 'of note') never yields positive results - quite the contrary. We had Celtc banning all press in 2003 for all of a fortnight until they realised what shop fronts they were making of themselves, and then at St James' Park, banning the local press (NCJ) who then bought tickets to get into the games, reported as usual, but the coverage was overwhelmingly gloating/negative (which, to be fair, was easy done with a **** like Pardew as manager, and the dross he was serving up).

Then they rescinded the ban, and now NCJ has its nose firmly pressed against Ashley's bottom-hole. However, the Telegraph's Luke Edwards (a former Chronicle/NCJ football writer) remains banned, and he sticks it in as often as he can get away with. Difference is, NUFC are a Championship club, albeit 10x the size of the the rangers, but Scotland is a much smaller country, at least in terms of population.

Ban the Record from ER? No. It's just more sauce for the goose. Make them as welcome as always. Give 'em enough rope. I do a lot of work for The Sun, which I know is not a paper viewed favourably on these pages but their football reporting is far better sourced and far better checked than the Record, which as a Trinity Mirror publication, simply doesn't have the resources to compete either facutally or in terms of coverage with The Sun or DM. This is directly responsible for their degeneration into fabrication.

For example, in the lead up to the Malta v. Scotland game there will be directly quoted and 100% compliant interviews with various people from the MFA team and management that the Record simply can't afford to obtain - even if they double what The Sun are paying the reporter they have resident in Malta...

Captain Trips
06-08-2016, 08:51 PM
I cannot really comment on the THE Rangers statement as I haven't read it and never intend to or any other statements they may produce.

Here is the only statement relating to the cup final that interests me:

The Rangers 2 v Hibernian 3

End of.

O'Rourke3
06-08-2016, 09:03 PM
Tin hat on but I know from experience (I'm banned from press at St James' Park for something I can't legally comment on until 2018) that barring individual newspapers of note (and the Record, whatever you think of it, is 'of note') never yields positive results - quite the contrary. We had Celtc banning all press in 2003 for all of a fortnight until they realised what shop fronts they were making of themselves, and then at St James' Park, banning the local press (NCJ) who then bought tickets to get into the games, reported as usual, but the coverage was overwhelmingly gloating/negative (which, to be fair, was easy done with a **** like Pardew as manager, and the dross he was serving up).

Then they rescinded the ban, and now NCJ has its nose firmly pressed against Ashley's bottom-hole. However, the Telegraph's Luke Edwards (a former Chronicle/NCJ football writer) remains banned, and he sticks it in as often as he can get away with. Difference is, NUFC are a Championship club, albeit 10x the size of the the rangers, but Scotland is a much smaller country, at least in terms of population.

Ban the Record from ER? No. It's just more sauce for the goose. Make them as welcome as always. Give 'em enough rope. I do a lot of work for The Sun, which I know is not a paper viewed favourably on these pages but their football reporting is far better sourced and far better checked than the Record, which as a Trinity Mirror publication, simply doesn't have the resources to compete either facutally or in terms of coverage with The Sun or DM. This is directly responsible for their degeneration into fabrication.

For example, in the lead up to the Malta v. Scotland game there will be directly quoted and 100% compliant interviews with various people from the MFA team and management that the Record simply can't afford to obtain - even if they double what The Sun are paying the reporter they have resident in Malta...
Not sure where you are coming from. They'll pay to get in? Good. They already don't like us so that doesn't change and they now pay for the privilege Secondly it's their lack of resource that makes the stuff inaccurate. More reason to tell them to bolt.

magpie1892
06-08-2016, 09:47 PM
Not sure where you are coming from. They'll pay to get in? Good. They already don't like us so that doesn't change and they now pay for the privilege Secondly it's their lack of resource that makes the stuff inaccurate. More reason to tell them to bolt.

No, that wasn't my point at all.

snooky
06-08-2016, 10:36 PM
If anybody get caught lying they have two options.

1) Hold up their hand and say 'sorry, I was wrong'.
2) Carry on with the lie in the hope that eventually their staying power will outlast the truth.

Basically, you takes your pick on how you want the rest of the world to see you. As a gentleman or as a scoundrel.

There is a third option, of course.
They could convince themselves that the lie is actually the truth from the outset however, that would be a case for the Sigmund Freudists of this world to deal with.

O'Rourke3
06-08-2016, 11:02 PM
No, that wasn't my point at all.

I know. Just didn't seem to be a compelling arguement and less than a year ago I'd been making the same case.

InchHibby
07-08-2016, 04:42 AM
I hate them more than Hearts to be honest. Vile club. Vile supporters.
Hibernian should be banning the Daily Record from ER and we should be going to the SFA about Sevco brining the game into disrepute with their statements.

Whoa there, maybe your being a tad hasty, we've hated the Hearts for decades now, give them their rightful place, Remember they tried to put us out the box.

connerg
07-08-2016, 05:48 AM
Make the Daily Ranger reporter pay to get in. If he turns up and pays, fine. A small victory for Hibs. If they don't turn up, their choice, another small victory for Hibs.

The DR are hardly going to run with a headline saying Hibs want us to pay to get in! If they did every football fan in the country will say, quite right, we have to pay to get in.

SonOfDavidFrancey
07-08-2016, 08:09 AM
Any team banning any element of the press looks stupid and I don't want my team to do this.

It's obvious DR is playing a game which arises from their economic need for Old Firm click bait.

Let them get on with it, it has no actual effect on anyone or anything.

Onion
07-08-2016, 08:26 AM
If any paper deliberately and continually targets and defames a club and its supporters, then that club cannot just sit back and accept it as if it's nothing. Ideally, the clubs press office can overcome this, but if the media has its own agenda and basically acting as a hostile mouthpiece for a crazy organisation, then they need to be told and dealt with. The DR are falling into that category.

Hibernia&Alba
07-08-2016, 12:59 PM
'It is to be hoped that the Scottish FA, as they begin considering this report and the appropriate punishments, remember vividly what actually occurred on Saturday, May 21, 2016 at the National Stadium when Hibernian fans were allowed to invade the field of play and attack Rangers players and staff, who were offered little protection'.

So they're dictating what should be in the report and won't accept any other explanation. They can't be allowed to get away with such statements, and the authorities need to tell them to wind their neck in. They've learnt nothing from their collapse in 2012; still the same arrogance.

lapsedhibee
07-08-2016, 01:17 PM
They've learnt nothing from their collapse in 2012; still the same arrogance.

Disagree. I think they're more arrogant. Especially now that they've overcome their brutally unfair demotion to the bottom flight, which they never agreed to in the first place, and have returned to the top flight where they belong. The major news media have largely swallowed their narrative and they are viler than ever.

fatbloke
07-08-2016, 02:24 PM

Looks like this is the "15" & Daily Ranger "headline"

"16.52 More than 15 fans in absolute dreamland in fact so much in dreamland that Glasgow could've had a Trident missile explode in it and the more than 15 fans all in green and white would not have noticed".