PDA

View Full Version : The Bounce/Shaun McKinley

matty_f
05-08-2016, 10:10 AM
Some of you may know Big G that posts on the Bounce ( and formerly on here). His son Shaun has been diagnosed with cancer (see here:

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/showthread.php?118448-I-ve-been-diagnosed-with-cancer )

The Bounce are raising money for a flag with all surplus funds being donated to Shaun (Crowdfunding link below) if anyone would like to contribute I know that the help would be most welcome.

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/david-gray-scottish-cup-flag

hibs0666
05-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Some of you may know Big G that posts on the Bounce ( and formerly on here). His son Shaun has been diagnosed with cancer (see here:

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/showthread.php?118448-I-ve-been-diagnosed-with-cancer )

The Bounce are raising money for a flag with all surplus funds being donated to Shaun (Crowdfunding link below) if anyone would like to contribute I know that the help would be most welcome.

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/david-gray-scottish-cup-flag

Cheers for the link mate.

Stantons Angel
05-08-2016, 09:58 PM
i sat and read Shaun's posts on the Bounce today with a tear in my eye and a heavy heart. I knew he was ill but not to the severity it is.

He may not know it but by writing his blog type entries he is showing an inner strength he didnt know he has. Id just like to thank him for opening up and telling the Hibs family how he feels about his illness and the consequences of it all. His opening paragraph showed no thought for himself just thinking of his wife and family.

Ive known Shaun's mum and dad since they were skinny wee teenagers snogging in shop doorways whilst waiting on their bus home from work.

Gordon you all know as the gentle giant with a heart of gold and a great Hibby too. Over the years ive shared many a laugh with him and got many hugs from my friend too.

Shaun;s mum Eileen is as strong a lady as ive ever met she as well as his dad must be going through Hell at the moment. I can only imagine the pain and fear they are feeling with their son being stricken by this horrible disease. Ive a son not much older than Shaun and i dont know how i would cope seeing him go through something like this.

Shaun if you read this take strength from your many Hibs pals and keep on fighting pal, your spirit keeps you going and the love of your family will wrap around you.

You have the love and strength not just of your own family around you, Also that determination and perseverance of your Hibs family. Stay strong no matter what we are all so proud of you.

Onceinawhile
05-08-2016, 10:11 PM
Ffs.

That's really, really ****. Fingers crossed for a recovery.

Get better shaun.

monktonharp
05-08-2016, 10:21 PM
this is a bombshell. stay strong Shaun. Big G and his wife must be hurting. keep his spirits up big G. hope to see you behind the goals soon with your boy on the mend

oneone73
05-08-2016, 10:45 PM
I am so proud of the Hibs family.

banarc7062
06-08-2016, 08:00 AM
Let us all put the power of prayer to work at this time for the support of Shaun and his family. GGTTH

#FromTheCapital
06-08-2016, 08:17 AM
Don't know him, but what a heart-wrenching story. Hope he pulls through for his and his families sake. I only hope there are people out there who see his story and learn from it, the various doctors he seen have a lot to answer for and I hope this makes a few people question similar advice they may get.

Pedantic_Hibee
06-08-2016, 08:22 AM
Hope you get better soon, Shaun.

Your old schoolmate Dickie :aok:

Mr Grieves
06-08-2016, 09:38 AM
I've just started reading that bounce thread and realised that I was the year above Shaun at Leith Academy. Absolutely gutted for him and his family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

matty_f
09-10-2016, 04:51 PM

This is the flag, the Bounce have asked us to pass on their thanks to everyone that donated.

FranckSuzy
09-10-2016, 05:04 PM

This is the flag, the Bounce have asked us to pass on their thanks to everyone that donated.

Wonderful.

3pm
09-10-2016, 05:52 PM
Class. :agree:

Jonnyboy
09-10-2016, 07:43 PM
That is a thing of pure beauty

chinaman
09-10-2016, 07:47 PM
i sat and read Shaun's posts on the Bounce today with a tear in my eye and a heavy heart. I knew he was ill but not to the severity it is.

He may not know it but by writing his blog type entries he is showing an inner strength he didnt know he has. Id just like to thank him for opening up and telling the Hibs family how he feels about his illness and the consequences of it all. His opening paragraph showed no thought for himself just thinking of his wife and family.

Ive known Shaun's mum and dad since they were skinny wee teenagers snogging in shop doorways whilst waiting on their bus home from work.

Gordon you all know as the gentle giant with a heart of gold and a great Hibby too. Over the years ive shared many a laugh with him and got many hugs from my friend too.

Shaun;s mum Eileen is as strong a lady as ive ever met she as well as his dad must be going through Hell at the moment. I can only imagine the pain and fear they are feeling with their son being stricken by this horrible disease. Ive a son not much older than Shaun and i dont know how i would cope seeing him go through something like this.

Shaun if you read this take strength from your many Hibs pals and keep on fighting pal, your spirit keeps you going and the love of your family will wrap around you.

You have the love and strength not just of your own family around you, Also that determination and perseverance of your Hibs family. Stay strong no matter what we are all so proud of you.that's a post from the heart , thanks for that.I've been following shauns brave fight on the Bounce.
A very special man surrounded by a special family.
And all the hibs family are behind them all.
Once again thanks for a wonderful post Stantons Angel.

Pretty Boy
09-10-2016, 07:49 PM
Flag looks brilliant and a very handsome amount raised to help out the family at what must be a difficult time.

I'm never suprised by the Hibs community when it comes to things like this, people always step up to help.

Stantons Angel
09-10-2016, 11:58 PM
that's a post from the heart , thanks for that.I've been following shauns brave fight on the Bounce.
A very special man surrounded by a special family.
And all the hibs family are behind them all.
Once again thanks for a wonderful post Stantons Angel.

Thank you for your kind words and adding your sentiments too.

It was indeed written from the heart and the feelings it brought are still as strong and heartfelt. as i said, i have a son not much older than Gordon and Eileens and love him with all my heart. they must be getting the strength to see this through from God and from each other.

Sean is lucky to have both his mum and dad around to give him and his family the support and love they need at such a time. sending my love to them all.

GGTTH!

Juice-Terry
10-10-2016, 06:25 AM
I don't know Shaun well but I do know his old man. A bigger gem of a man you'll never find. My thoughts are with Big G, his son, and all those personally affected by Shaun's illness.

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-10-2016, 10:23 AM
****ing hell. i didnt even know this thread existed!

i've had my own undiagnosed back pain the last couple of years i guess i've been wallowing in self pity thinking about how bad i've got it. But then you read a thread like there is over on the bounce about Shaun and it puts everything in to perspective.

i dont know Shaun, but what a character, even just reading his posts and how strong he is being through all this is a shining example to everyone about how often we take things for granted.

Keep fighting man, best wishes, strength and love sent to you and all your loved ones

:flag:

scoopyboy
10-10-2016, 10:46 AM
Don't know Shaun but I know Big G well and we get on just great.

The big felly was on the phone to me last week for the Skol Cup bash that St.Pats are putting on and to sort out tickets.

It's a tragedy when things like this come to light.

I remember years ago I went to a funeral where two of my mates who were brothers lost their dad at a young age.

After the meal I went to speak to their granddad who I had known for years through bowling and his work for Tranent Juniors.

His exact words to me were "Jock son, you should never have to bury your own". Those words have stuck with me ever since and it's hellish the number of funerals I have attended where that was exactly the case.

ronaldo7
10-10-2016, 11:08 AM

Absolutely brilliant.

monktonharp
10-10-2016, 05:05 PM

This is the flag, the Bounce have asked us to pass on their thanks to everyone that donated.stunning. sums up their determination on the bounce, and big G and family.