PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final Report due today

Pages : [1] 2

GloryGlory
05-08-2016, 07:10 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sfa-report-scottish-cup-final-8565673#U3W8qD0uM6ElEDYT.97

The Daily Rancid still going with the line that Hibs fans attacked Rangers players and staff. :rolleyes:

Jim44
05-08-2016, 07:23 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sfa-report-scottish-cup-final-8565673#U3W8qD0uM6ElEDYT.97

The Daily Rancid still going with the line that Hibs fans attacked Rangers players and staff. :rolleyes:

I don't think we'll come out of it smelling of roses but thank God the DR is not judge and jury or we would be on the end of a thumping.

Finn2015
05-08-2016, 07:25 AM
Still amazes me anyone out with the Huns support would touch that rag with a barge pole

Hibs Class
05-08-2016, 07:27 AM
Still amazes me anyone out with the Huns support would touch that rag with a barge pole

I touched it with a barge pole so that no one else would have to!

HE independent report into the chaos ofthe Scottish Cup (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/william-hill-scottish-cupiv8u9jg6b13mtvfz97) finalwill be published by the SFA today.
Sheriff Principal Edward Bowen QC hasspent the last two months investigating the causes of the controversialdisorder that blighted the final between Hibs (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/hibernian-fc) and Rangers. (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/rangers-fc)
The Easter Road club triumphed 3-2 towin the trophy for the first time in 114 years, but the post match celebrationswere marred by ugly incidents of crowd disorder.

Hibs fans invaded the pitch, initiallyin celebration, but Rangers players and backroom staff were assaulted beforerival supporters fought on the pitch.
Stewarding and policing arrangementswere heavily criticised, prompting SFA chief executive Stewart Regan to orderBowen’s independent review.
Its findings will be published today,but the SFA, Hibs and Rangers were last night all remaining tight-lipped.

Bowen addressed five major elements ofconcern, including if all reasonably practicable steps were taken to minimisethe possibility of disorder.
He is also expected to reveal if theresponse and reaction times of parties such as Police Scotland, securitycompany G4S and the SFA were satisfactory.

Bowen is set to to announce whatmeasures can be taken in future to improve the safety of players, officials andothers in and around the pitch at major matches.
Bowen’s report will be followed by onefrom SFA compliance officer Tony McGlennan, who has been charged with detailingwhich football sanctions, if any, should be doled out to clubs or individuals.

3pm
05-08-2016, 07:30 AM
Hibs will appeal if it's a ridiculous decision.

Mikey
05-08-2016, 07:31 AM
So do we find out what the fine/sanctions will be today as well then?

Finn2015
05-08-2016, 07:33 AM

HE independent report into the chaos ofthe Scottish Cup (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/william-hill-scottish-cupiv8u9jg6b13mtvfz97) finalwill be published by the SFA today.
Sheriff Principal Edward Bowen QC hasspent the last two months investigating the causes of the controversialdisorder that blighted the final between Hibs (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/hibernian-fc) and Rangers. (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/rangers-fc)
The Easter Road club triumphed 3-2 towin the trophy for the first time in 114 years, but the post match celebrationswere marred by ugly incidents of crowd disorder.

Hibs fans invaded the pitch, initiallyin celebration, but Rangers players and backroom staff were assaulted beforerival supporters fought on the pitch.
Stewarding and policing arrangementswere heavily criticised, prompting SFA chief executive Stewart Regan to orderBowen’s independent review.
Its findings will be published today,but the SFA, Hibs and Rangers were last night all remaining tight-lipped.

Bowen addressed five major elements ofconcern, including if all reasonably practicable steps were taken to minimisethe possibility of disorder.
He is also expected to reveal if theresponse and reaction times of parties such as Police Scotland, securitycompany G4S and the SFA were satisfactory.

Bowen is set to to announce whatmeasures can be taken in future to improve the safety of players, officials andothers in and around the pitch at major matches.
Bowen’s report will be followed by onefrom SFA compliance officer Tony McGlennan, who has been charged with detailingwhich football sanctions, if any, should be doled out to clubs or individuals.

You took one for the team, thank you 😂👍

neil7908
05-08-2016, 07:38 AM
At first I thought we'd have the book thrown at us but as time has gone by I'm cautiously optimistic any sanctions we receive will be reasonable given how the club has acted in the last few weeks

Pretty Boy
05-08-2016, 07:41 AM
So do we find out what the fine/sanctions will be today as well then?

The article isn't really clear. It suggests the compliance report will deal with football sanctions and says it will 'follow' Bowens but doesn't say if that's follow today or follow in the future.

pacorosssco
05-08-2016, 07:49 AM

grand master sheriff Principal Edward Bowen QC hasspent the last two months investigating the causes of the controversialdisorder that blighted the final between Hibs (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/hibernian-fc) and Rangers. (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/rangers-fc)

Stewarding and policing arrangementswere heavily criticised, prompting SFA chief executive Stewart Regan to order brother Bowen’s independent review.

brothdr Bowen addressed five major elements ofconcern, including if all reasonably practicable steps were taken to minimisethe possibility of disorder.

Fixed it a little

Hibs to blame nothing else to see and as part of brother Bowens investigation the uncovering of other acts of terror by hibs including the murder of princess dianna. The theft of mark warburtons hat and also the summer abduction of the same man. Petrie to face seperate charge of forcing keith jackson and rangers board at gunpoint with members of the underground elite fighting unit the CCS to print pish and lies to save his membership of the lodge of hampden. Chargers over Brexit still remain unproven but likely dropped if Hibs and Petrie accept punishment.Hibs have already admitted theft of Scottish Cup by way of 92 minute mugging and signing outlawed songs such as the billy boys.

GloryGlory
05-08-2016, 07:51 AM
The article isn't really clear. It suggests the compliance report will deal with football sanctions and says it will 'follow' Bowens but doesn't say if that's follow today or follow in the future.

It will follow follow. :greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
05-08-2016, 08:00 AM

Got to laugh at this line.

That's the good old Daily Ranger - stick to the script provided by your imperial masters

Golden Bear
05-08-2016, 08:05 AM

Follow Follow the Rangers will be their principal message.

Hibs90
05-08-2016, 08:15 AM
A day before the season starts, excellent timing that.

hibs0666
05-08-2016, 08:23 AM
Got to laugh at this line.

That's the good old Daily Ranger - stick to the script provided by your imperial masters

We'll find out today how factual that is. The only part of the statement that is debatable is the assault on hun staff is it not?

GreenCastle
05-08-2016, 08:31 AM

Was thinking the same..coincidence ?

I'm still thinking due to the fact it was played at a neutral venue and the SFA, police and stewards were in charge of the security / organising - both clubs will get away without a fine - just a warning.

If Hibs are to be fined so will 3ev2o - and doubt they will will want to fine them as there would be an outcry and they are skint.

DaveSo
05-08-2016, 08:38 AM
I'm guessing Hibs will get a fine for the damage caused to the goals/pitch etc and a suspended ban from the Scottish Cup for maybe two seasons. If one of us steps on the pitch again at a Scottish Cup tie then we will be thrown out the competition.
Also be surprised if this comes out today on the eve of the season.
SFA won't want bad publicity before the season starts so expect it early next week.

Hibby Bairn
05-08-2016, 08:41 AM

:agree: Instead of talking about the "exciting" new season ahead...positivity etc...the headlines on the opening day of the league season will be about this. Brilliant.

Www1875hfc
05-08-2016, 08:43 AM
I clicked the link (I know I know ) anyone else notice the picture a wee bit down the article ? If that picture was taken about 10 seconds later The Rangers suit would have been caught lashing out at that boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spike Mandela
05-08-2016, 08:50 AM
After years of prevaricating over Sevco's outrageous abuses and cheating I fear the SFA will miraculously discover a pair of baws.

The SFA are establishment, corrupt ****ers.

GreenCastle
05-08-2016, 08:52 AM
I'm guessing Hibs will get a fine for the damage caused to the goals/pitch etc and a suspended ban from the Scottish Cup for maybe two seasons. If one of us steps on the pitch again at a Scottish Cup tie then we will be thrown out the competition.
SFA won't want bad publicity before the season starts so expect it early next week.

Good point about the publicity before the season starts.

Saying that Scottish football have been absolutely useless at promoting the new season.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/continuous-failure-of-spfl-to-champion-the-opening-weekend-1-4191967

Since90+2
05-08-2016, 08:53 AM

I had thought we would get a suspended ban but the more I think about it can't see it.

If we were to be banned by a fan simply going into the park it would be very easy for a supporter of another club to end our chances of retaining the cup.

Finn2015
05-08-2016, 08:55 AM
After years of prevaricating over Sevco's outrageous abuses and cheating I fear the SFA will miraculously discover a pair of baws.

The SFA are establishment, corrupt ****ers.

Yes pretty much. We should be confident of a even handed approach but sadly, I fear we may not

Golden Bear
05-08-2016, 08:55 AM

That's my guess as well. Guilty as charged m'lud.

GloryGlory
05-08-2016, 09:00 AM
Good point about the publicity before the season starts.

Saying that Scottish football have been absolutely useless at promoting the new season.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/continuous-failure-of-spfl-to-champion-the-opening-weekend-1-4191967

OT but the fact they also allow Celtic to postpone a league match to play a lucrative friendly is shocking, IMO. If Celtic want to play a friendly instead of a league match they should forfeit the points.

JeMeSouviens
05-08-2016, 09:14 AM
We'll find out today how factual that is. The only part of the statement that is debatable is the assault on hun staff is it not?

They are trying to back up the New Hun propaganda that their fans' motivation was player protection.

lucky
05-08-2016, 09:28 AM
Joke of a report. We all know no one player or official was assaulted. The SFA report wont have sanctions in it but the compliance officer will have in his.

hibsbollah
05-08-2016, 09:43 AM
I'm fairly sure it's going to be worse than any of us think.

GreenCastle
05-08-2016, 09:47 AM
Looking forward to seeing if it mentions the sectarian singing, smoke bombs in their end and the poor handing of segregation in North Upper and West upper.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2016, 09:48 AM
Joke of a report.

What does it say?

Spike Mandela
05-08-2016, 09:51 AM
Jim Traynor proof reading it before it's issued.

marinello59
05-08-2016, 09:52 AM
I'm hoping that the atrocities committed in the name of catering that day don't get pushed to one side in this report.

GloryGlory
05-08-2016, 09:58 AM
Looking forward to seeing if it mentions the sectarian singing, smoke bombs in their end and the poor handing of segregation in North Upper and West upper.

Don't think these were part of the remit.

scoopyboy
05-08-2016, 09:58 AM
Joke of a report. We all know no one player or official was assaulted. The SFA report would have sanctions in it but the compliance officer will have in his.

The report isn't out so how do you know that?

Are you sure you aren't getting mixed up with the DR report?

cabbageandribs1875
05-08-2016, 09:59 AM
They are trying to back up the New Hun propaganda that their fans' motivation was player protection.

it's strange that the vast majority of 'player protecting' huns came on to the part of pitch which was furthest from their players

southsider
05-08-2016, 10:02 AM
Joke of a report. We all know no one player or official was assaulted. The SFA report would have sanctions in it but the compliance officer will have in his.

Hibs fined £50,000 suspended for 2 years. Made to pay full cost of repairs to Hampden. The sevco fined £8,200 for the flares. No mention of secarian signing. My guess about outcome.

GlasgowHibee
05-08-2016, 10:07 AM
2 ways it could go.

1. They will hammer us for absolutely everything, and use us as an example for potential harsh punishments.

2. They'll blame both clubs, give both a slap on the wrist, then start to sweep it under the carpet.

Unfortunately, I think it's going to be number 1.

GreenCastle
05-08-2016, 10:12 AM
Hibs fined £50,000 suspended for 2 years. Made to pay full cost of repairs to Hampden. The sevco fined £8,200 for the flares. No mention of secarian signing. My guess about outcome.

No chance..both sets of fans were on the pitch how does one get a bigger fine than the other ?

Sevco fans damaged property also (advertising boards etc running on for no reason except to fight).

lucky
05-08-2016, 10:12 AM
The report isn't out so how do you know that?

Are you sure you aren't getting mixed up with the DR report?

Not getting mixed up. Just commenting on DR report. But my post obviously led you to get mixed up 😄

zlatan
05-08-2016, 10:14 AM
Who's starting the gofundme page for the fine?

JimBHibees
05-08-2016, 10:14 AM
Laughable that this report is out the day before a new season. Please clear out Donkey and Armageddon man and get Barry Hear in ASAP. Coffee mornings are run better that this shambles.

Geo_1875
05-08-2016, 10:15 AM
2 ways it could go.

1. They will hammer us for absolutely everything, and use us as an example for potential harsh punishments.

2. They'll blame both clubs, give both a slap on the wrist, then start to sweep it under the carpet.

Unfortunately, I think it's going to be number 1.

Fortunately I don't think number 1 is an option. They can fine us for being overexuberant and going onto the pitch. They would then need to fine The Rangers for their fans being on the pitch no matter what their intentions. Even if they were trying to protect their players or Old Derry's Walls they are as guilty of wrong-doing as any Hibs fan and The Rangers will be as culpable as Hibs. I think it will be honours even when it comes to punishments.

hibs0666
05-08-2016, 10:32 AM
Joke of a report. We all know no one player or official was assaulted. The SFA report wont have sanctions in it but the compliance officer will have in his.

That's wrong - we do know that players were assaulted and there is no point in us trying to pretend otherwise.

hibs0666
05-08-2016, 10:33 AM
Laughable that this report is out the day before a new season. Please clear out Donkey and Armageddon man and get Barry Hear in ASAP. Coffee mornings are run better that this shambles.

There is no good day for this report to be issued. It will not make pleasant reading whether it comes out today or a some wet Wednesday.

ALF TUPPER
05-08-2016, 10:39 AM
This report into the actions of supporters, stewards, police, stadium management, rangers' officials and the SFA should make interesting reading.

Hibs supporters:
I expect Hibs to be hammered for our guys going onto the pitch taunting gers fans and players, digging up the pitch and wrecking a set of goals. I hope you guys that dug up the pitch and wrecked the goals will get together somehow and reimburse the Club , if we are told to pay for that. ( just giving page ? ).

Gers support. We've all seen the footage of what they got up to in the stadium. What we havent seen or heard much more about is the behaviour of unruly gers fans as they spilled out of Hampden. Police were unable to get into the stadium because they were prevented by gers fans. Police reports at the time of attacking Police vans and being verbally abused. No idea how many arrests. Will this be expanded on in the report? Doubt it.

SFA, Stadium Management and Security & Stewards.
Epic failure by these guys. Totally underestimated the gig on the day. The Stewards ( unfit overweight guys and middle aged women trying to earn a few quid at the National Minimum, bless them) are not, could not, steward 10s of thousands of supporters....other than show us to our seats. They really need to rethink how they are going to steward events as big as this in future. This wasnt aOne Direction concert for Gods sake. It was 2 of the biggest Clubs in our Country going head to head for the big prize in Scottish Football. We hadnt won it in 114 years , well they hadnt won it ever. It was a huge event. Will this be commented on in the report. The SFA wont criticise themslves other than, probably, to say that they have lessons to learn.

Lying Rangers Officials.
The report wont name names of who was allegedly assaulted - i'm sure. I'm still waiting to see pics and video footage of the carnage that took place. IMO - They will be vindicated in their accusations and cleared of any wrong-doing. Then no doubt Traynor and Co will emerge sanctimonious - spilling more lies and deceit.

Despite these contributing factors, Hibernian will be held culpable for everything that went wrong on 21/05/2016.

On another personal note. What will forever remain in my memory is not the pitch invasion and everything that came with that. Its the Hibs support singing, celebrating and crying, Stokesies goals and Sir David Gray's header. Our over all play throughout the competition, and the Cup coming back to Easter Road.

Thanks Stubbsy, the players and Leeann. GGTTH

Onion
05-08-2016, 10:43 AM

Daily Ranger will have been plugging their Hun mouthpieces last night for an insight. Be amazed if they didn't get some indication of it's key points.

If Police Scotland & G4 come under fire for their failures on the day, it will make it very difficult for SFA compliance officer to subsequently hammer the clubs for trouble/damage.

Pretty Boy
05-08-2016, 10:49 AM
Who's starting the gofundme page for the fine?

I had a wee look into it and sounded out a few other groups, independent of hibs.net I should add. I also had a brief chat with someone at the club but I think it was a case of wait and see what happened at that point.

Once we know what the script is I'll have another look at it.

Onion
05-08-2016, 10:56 AM
This report into the actions of supporters, stewards, police, stadium management, rangers' officials and the SFA should make interesting reading.

Hibs supporters:
I expect Hibs to be hammered for our guys going onto the pitch taunting gers fans and players, digging up the pitch and wrecking a set of goals. I hope you guys that dug up the pitch and wrecked the goals will get together somehow and reimburse the Club , if we are told to pay for that. ( just giving page ? ).

Gers support. We've all seen the footage of what they got up to in the stadium. What we havent seen or heard much more about is the behaviour of unruly gers fans as they spilled out of Hampden. Police were unable to get into the stadium because they were prevented by gers fans. Police reports at the time of attacking Police vans and being verbally abused. No idea how many arrests. Will this be expanded on in the report? Doubt it.

SFA, Stadium Management and Security & Stewards.
Epic failure by these guys. Totally underestimated the gig on the day. The Stewards ( unfit overweight guys and middle aged women trying to earn a few quid at the National Minimum, bless them) are not, could not, steward 10s of thousands of supporters....other than show us to our seats. They really need to rethink how they are going to steward events as big as this in future. This wasnt aOne Direction concert for Gods sake. It was 2 of the biggest Clubs in our Country going head to head for the big prize in Scottish Football. We hadnt won it in 114 years , well they hadnt won it ever. It was a huge event. Will this be commented on in the report. The SFA wont criticise themslves other than, probably, to say that they have lessons to learn.

Lying Rangers Officials.
The report wont name names of who was allegedly assaulted - i'm sure. I'm still waiting to see pics and video footage of the carnage that took place. IMO - They will be vindicated in their accusations and cleared of any wrong-doing. Then no doubt Traynor and Co will emerge sanctimonious - spilling more lies and deceit.

Despite these contributing factors, Hibernian will be held culpable for everything that went wrong on 21/05/2016.

On another personal note. What will forever remain in my memory is not the pitch invasion and everything that came with that. Its the Hibs support singing, celebrating and crying, Stokesies goals and Sir David Gray's header. Our over all play throughout the competition, and the Cup coming back to Easter Road.

Thanks Stubbsy, the players and Leeann. GGTTH

Then expect a robust defence by Hibs. What more could the club possibly have done ? They followed all the rules and guidelines expected of them in the sale of tickets and management of their supporters. As soon as the fans step inside Hampden they become the responsibility of Police Scotland, G4 and Hampden. Hammering Hibs for everything would be opening a whole can of worms, not least for Sevco and Celtic.

The Police were well warned after Hibs 2nd goal when there was a surge of Hibs fans for the pitch gates, yet they did nothing to address it - quite the opposite. Catastrophic failure of security was the main cause, which is nothing to do with Hibs.

flash
05-08-2016, 11:02 AM
That's wrong - we do know that players were assaulted and there is no point in us trying to pretend otherwise.

Which ones?

EH54
05-08-2016, 11:05 AM
@hibs0666

It's not as far as i'm aware not one Hibs supporter has been done for assault and it turns out the ones who's names were listed as being assaulted after the final whistle Miller, Shiels and Wallace have all had family members come out and say they weren't touched. I'm not saying some staff or players weren't attacked but it's certainly not been proven yet and we certainly don't know unless you have seen something I have missed.

BroxburnHibee
05-08-2016, 11:09 AM
What time is this released?

GloryGlory
05-08-2016, 11:09 AM
@hibs0666

It's not as far as i'm aware not one Hibs supporter has been done for assault and it turns out the ones who's names were listed as being assaulted after the final whistle Miller, Shiels and Wallace have all had family members come out and say they weren't touched. I'm not saying some staff or players weren't attacked but it's certainly not been proven yet and we certainly don't know unless you have seen something I have missed.

All I've seen brought to court re assaulting players was the guy who had the fresh air swipe at Foderingham. Considering The Rangers issued a statement saying ALL their players and other staff had been "punched, kicked and spat upon" that is pretty poor from Police Scotland and the prosecuting authorities, wouldn't you say?

It's a wonder the Daily Rancid haven't started a "Justice for the (Queen's) Eleven" campaign. :greengrin

hibs0666
05-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Which ones?

Lee Wallace.

GloryGlory
05-08-2016, 11:11 AM
Lee Wallace.

His missus tweeted saying nothing had happened to him, ISTR.

hibs0666
05-08-2016, 11:13 AM
All I've seen brought to court re assaulting players was the guy who had the fresh air swipe at Foderingham. Considering The Rangers issued a statement saying ALL their players and other staff had been "punched, kicked and spat upon" that is pretty poor from Police Scotland and the prosecuting authorities, wouldn't you say?

A fresh air swipe at someone is still an assault.

GloryGlory
05-08-2016, 11:13 AM
What time is this released?

It'll probably be 16:55 then the SFA staff will be off for the weekend and avoid any difficult questions. :greengrin

hibs0666
05-08-2016, 11:14 AM
His missus tweeted saying nothing had happened to him, ISTR.

A guy is charged with assaulting him. The guy appears to have missed, but that does not stop it being an assault.

EskbankHibby
05-08-2016, 11:14 AM
Then expect a robust defence by Hibs. What more could the club possibly have done ? They followed all the rules and guidelines expected of them in the sale of tickets and management of their supporters. As soon as the fans step inside Hampden they become the responsibility of Police Scotland, G4 and Hampden. Hammering Hibs for everything would be opening a whole can of worms, not least for Sevco and Celtic.

The Police were well warned after Hibs 2nd goal when there was a surge of Hibs fans for the pitch gates, yet they did nothing to address it - quite the opposite. Catastrophic failure of security was the main cause, which is nothing to do with Hibs.

Yep, this and the measures Hibs have taken since the final should ensure that whilst we are rightly censured for any wrongdoing it will not (or certainly should not) be disproportionate.

Hibs have the ammo to take the SFA (game security/planning) to the cleaners on appeal if this is not seen to be dealt with in a reasonable and even handed way with Sevco conduct also in mind (sectarian singing, flares, pitch invasion, violence).

Ozyhibby
05-08-2016, 11:15 AM
Foderingham was pushed in the back but I wouldn't class it as assault with any intent to injure. Apart from that there is no evidence in the public domain of any further assault.

GloryGlory
05-08-2016, 11:15 AM
A fresh air swipe at someone is still an assault.

Not saying it isn't, just pointing out that the evidence that all The Rangers players were punched, kicked and spat upon (note the AND, not or) is pretty thin on the ground.

tamig
05-08-2016, 11:26 AM
OT but the fact they also allow Celtic to postpone a league match to play a lucrative friendly is shocking, IMO. If Celtic want to play a friendly instead of a league match they should forfeit the points.

Aye, this "rule" about being able to postpone an early league game in favour of a friendly has been around for a few seasons now. Only Celtic ever seem to use it and I appreciate it's about money for them. It is a bit of a joke as far as the start of the league is concerned though so why is it not just binned? It's ludicrous.

EH6 Hibby
05-08-2016, 11:27 AM
A guy is charged with assaulting him. The guy appears to have missed, but that does not stop it being an assault.

Why is it that whenever there is a debate involving The Rangers, you always without fail back their side?

hibs0666
05-08-2016, 11:30 AM
Why is it that whenever there is a debate involving The Rangers, you always without fail back their side?

What has this got to do with 'sides'?

greenginger
05-08-2016, 11:31 AM
Aye, this "rule" about being able to postpone an early league game in favour of a friendly has been around for a few seasons now. Only Celtic ever seem to use it and I appreciate it's about money for them. It is a bit of a joke as far as the start of the league is concerned though so why is it not just binned? It's ludicrous.

Its not just about allowing them to postpone one of their games, they can only postpone a home fixture ( I think ), so the fixture list must be made up with a home fixture for Celtic on the day that suits their friendly.

hibs0666
05-08-2016, 11:32 AM
Not saying it isn't, just pointing out that the evidence that all The Rangers players were punched, kicked and spat upon (note the AND, not or) is pretty thin on the ground.

Agreed, and i never said at any point that all hun players were punched, kicked and spat upon.

Andy74
05-08-2016, 11:32 AM
What has this got to do about 'sides'?

Being a supporter is all about taking a side.

You seem determined to make this look as bad as possible for Hibs. A bit odd for a supporter.

hibs0666
05-08-2016, 11:33 AM

You seem to determined to make this look as bad as possible for Hibs. A bit odd for a supporter.

How bizarre.

scoopyboy
05-08-2016, 11:34 AM
@hibs0666

I know of a few who have been done and prison sentence is highly probable.

Andy74
05-08-2016, 11:35 AM
How bizarre.

Glad you agree.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2016, 11:35 AM

You seem determined to make this look as bad as possible for Hibs. A bit odd for a supporter.

Side taking or not, what's the point saying that no players were assaulted when a fan(s) has been arrested for exactly that?

That's as ludicrous as saying that huns ran onto the pitch to protect their players.

EH6 Hibby
05-08-2016, 11:36 AM

That's how I see it.

Maybe sides was the wrong word. Perhaps seeing things from The Rangers viewpoint is more accurate.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2016, 11:37 AM
That's how I see it.

Maybe sides was the wrong word. Perhaps seeing things from The Rangers viewpoint is more accurate.

Shouldn't we try to see things accurately?

GloryGlory
05-08-2016, 11:46 AM
Agreed, and i never said at any point that all hun players were punched, kicked and spat upon.

No, that was the allegation in The Rangers press release the day after the game (penned by one James Traynor of this parish). There hasn't been any evidence to support that claim to this day.

hibs0666
05-08-2016, 11:47 AM
No, that was the allegation in The Rangers press release the day after the game (penned by one James Traynor of this parish). There hasn't been any evidence to support that claim to this day.

Yup, it was utter pish.

EH6 Hibby
05-08-2016, 11:47 AM

Yes absolutely.

I'm not just talking about this case, it's just something I've noticed.

We all know that a couple of Hibs fans have been charged with jostling or taking a swipe at The Rangers players, that is being dealt with by the courts, and Hibs have acted appropriately.

The Daily Record are implying that things were much worse.

hibs0666
05-08-2016, 11:50 AM
That's how I see it.

I have no idea what the hun viewpoint is on the incident, in the same way as I have no idea what the SFA, police or steward viewpoint is either.

All I have is my own viewpoint so you'll have to put up, or ignore, that I'm afraid.

greenginger
05-08-2016, 11:52 AM

There is an old saying that the Victors write the history.

In which case the Hib's version should prevail !

scoopyboy
05-08-2016, 11:54 AM
Not getting mixed up. Just commenting on DR report. But my post obviously led you to get mixed up 😄

I like that reply.:greengrin

The DR are just guessing, hopefully we won't have to wait too long for the report.

EH54
05-08-2016, 12:00 PM
@scoopyboy (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?5007-scoopyboy)
Sorry should have made this a little more clear it was in response to someone who had said Rangers players were assaulted. I know many Hibs supporters got involved and were fighting with other supporters but I am yet to see footage or evidence of players or staff being assaulted like Rangers statement suggested.

I'm just assuming the people you know were fighting with other supporters and not Rangers players or staff?

JimBHibees
05-08-2016, 12:09 PM
There is no good day for this report to be issued. It will not make pleasant reading whether it comes out today or a some wet Wednesday.

However there is only one day which is just before the new season. Should have been shelved for a couple of weeks.

hibs0666
05-08-2016, 12:10 PM
However there is only one day which is just before the new season. Should have been shelved for a couple of weeks.

Fair do's. I'm much more of a mind to get it out there, take the findings on the chin and move on rather than letting it fester away in the background.

JimBHibees
05-08-2016, 12:11 PM

Which players?

Pretty Boy
05-08-2016, 12:15 PM
Which players?

Iirc 2 people have been charged with assaults on Foderingham and Wallace.

As of yet I don't think anyone has been charged in connection with the othet 2 dozen or so assaults that were alleged.

matty_f
05-08-2016, 12:16 PM
Which players?

Wallace and the keeper, in the eyes of the law were assaulted.

Look at the footage and photos, there is no point in pretending nothing happened.

scoopyboy
05-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Sorry should have made this a little more clear it was in response to someone who had said Rangers players were assaulted. I know many Hibs supporters got involved and were fighting with other supporters but I am yet to see footage or evidence of players or staff being assaulted like Rangers statement suggested.

I'm just assuming the people you know were fighting with other supporters and not Rangers players or staff?

Correct.

Vini1875
05-08-2016, 12:21 PM

Sorry to say but taking a swing and missing is still assault, so while Wallace didn't get hit he was still technically assaulted. The same goes for Fotheringham who someone laid a hand on his shoulder, also technically assault. The two guys involved have been arrested and one lost his job. As far as I am aware that is that. However the rangers official who took a swipe at a Hibs fan, that is also assault. Swings and roundabouts, whataboutery, so I think both clubs are in trouble. Hopefully suspended punishment.

JimBHibees
05-08-2016, 12:21 PM
Iirc 2 people have been charged with assaults on Foderingham and Wallace.

As of yet I don't think anyone has been charged in connection with the othet 2 dozen or so assaults that were alleged.

One guy admitted aggressively gesturing to the goalie. Another guy seems to have been charged with swinging at both Wallace and Holt.

JimBHibees
05-08-2016, 12:22 PM
Wallace and the keeper, in the eyes of the law were assaulted.

Look at the footage and photos, there is no point in pretending nothing happened.

Not insinuating nothing happened just checking which players had been assaulted.

Pretty Boy
05-08-2016, 12:23 PM
One guy admitted aggressively gesturing to the goalie. Another guy seems to have been charged with swinging at both Wallace and Holt.
I knew it was something like that.

Tbh 2 is still too many but given the number of cameras, official and unofficial, that were present on the day I just don't believe further assaults took place. If evidence existed arrests would have been made and any journalist worrh their salt (which rules out Jackson) would have been desperate to get their hands on it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Jones28
05-08-2016, 12:33 PM
Do we know when this will be released?

Ozyhibby
05-08-2016, 12:34 PM

Tbh 2 is still too many but given the number of cameras, official and unofficial, that were present on the day I just don't believe further assaults took place. If evidence existed arrests would have been made and any journalist worrh their salt (which rules out Jackson) would have been desperate to get their hands on it.

You would also have had statements directly from Rangers players.

GreenLake
05-08-2016, 12:45 PM
You would also have had statements directly from Rangers players.

Hopefully under the laws of perjury, which might make them somewhat more accurate than the alleged statements fed to the media after the final.

ALF TUPPER
05-08-2016, 12:51 PM

Totally agree. None of it was of the Club's making and I would hope / expect the Club to fight any sanctions robustly.

EH54
05-08-2016, 01:08 PM
Should we really have a case to answer anyway? 'Neil Doncaster' "It remains the SPFL's position that if it can be established that clubs have done everything required in overall management of the event pre-match, during the game and post-match, then they have no case to answer."

GloryGlory
05-08-2016, 01:12 PM
Should we really have a case to answer anyway? 'Neil Doncaster' "It remains the SPFL's position that if it can be established that clubs have done everything required in overall management of the event pre-match, during the game and post-match, then they have no case to answer."

The cup is under the jurisdiction of the SFA.

EH54
05-08-2016, 01:15 PM
Neil was talking about Rangers sectarian signing after they were beaten 2-0 from Celtic in the Semi Final in 2015 also a cup game so surely same rules apply.

JimBHibees
05-08-2016, 01:17 PM

Couldnt agree more.

Hibs Class
05-08-2016, 01:47 PM
Do we know when this will be released?

Think we are only assuming it will be today because the DR said it would be! Don't be surprised if nothing is published.

GloryGlory
05-08-2016, 02:00 PM
Think we are only assuming it will be today because the DR said it would be! Don't be surprised if nothing is published.

DR talking rubbish? Surely no'! :greengrin

05-08-2016, 02:41 PM
DR talking rubbish? Surely no'! :greengrin

I'm shocked. They have such professional journalists and their stories are all 100% reliable and accurate.

I hope all 11 rangers players who were "brutally attacked" are recovering well btw!

WoreTheGreen
05-08-2016, 02:51 PM
I'm shocked. They have such professional journalists and their stories are all 100% reliable and accurate.

I hope all 11 rangers players who were "brutally attacked" are recovering well btw!
Wonce the GFA get the nod from suculent lamb erse licker Traner the "unbised report" may be publised

Lago
05-08-2016, 03:29 PM
I'm fairly sure it's going to be worse than any of us think.
I agree with you, some on here are going to get a rude awakening.

SouthMoroccoStu
05-08-2016, 03:37 PM
Leaving it a bit late in the day are they not?

It's like a colleague who sends you a s**t storm email 2 seconds before running out the door for the weekend

Victor
05-08-2016, 04:03 PM
It has been published and is on the SFA web-site

Victor
05-08-2016, 04:09 PM
A quick scan suggests that no one was to blame. Although the design of Hampden may have contributed to what occurred.

Godsahibby
05-08-2016, 04:10 PM
Had a brief look over at and nothing to blame the club, even couldn't see anything about rangers players or staff being assaulted just foul and abuse language towards them. Clubs not to blame, nothing much more could have been done.

GlasgowHibee
05-08-2016, 04:14 PM
Skimmed most of it, but it seems to just be covering the backs of everyone involved from a security point.

Saint Hibee
05-08-2016, 04:19 PM
Oh dear, somebody's not happy!: http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-63/

Radium
05-08-2016, 04:21 PM
Oh dear, somebody's not happy!: http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-63/

To save anyone else clicking

RANGERS will take time to consider fully the findings of the report into the pitch invasion by Hibernian supporters at the end of the Scottish Cup final and make further comment at the appropriate time.
At present we wish to do nothing that might detract from the team’s first match back in Scottish football’s top flight.
We can state however that we will be seeking an urgent meeting with the author of the report, Sheriff Principal Edward Bowen, the Scottish FA’s Chief Executive Stewart Regan and his Compliance Officer, Tony McGlennan.
It is imperative that we gain insight into the underlying basis for the findings in the report given that we consider it contains a number of factual inaccuracies and contradictions. It is right that the Club gives the author and requisitioner of the report the opportunity to comment on our concerns prior to making a conclusive statement.
It is to be hoped that the Scottish FA, as they begin considering this report and the appropriate punishments, remember vividly what actually occurred on Saturday, May 21, 2016 at the National Stadium when Hibernian fans were allowed to invade the field of play and attack Rangers players and staff, who were offered little protection.

WHAM
05-08-2016, 04:22 PM
Basically saying it's all the Hibs fans' fault for crossing the halfway line. Rangers fans "allowed" themselves to be taunted into physical confrontation.

Stewarding and Police deployment adequate etc.

Andy74
05-08-2016, 04:23 PM
Quite fair other than it says issues wouldn't have happened if Hibs fans had kept to their half. Fair enough in itself but it fails to say there was no reason for Rangers fans being there.

Other than that it accepts it was largely exuberant. Mentions I think only one player surrounded but only verbal abuse.

One interesting point. It does say something needs done on Hibs fans in the other half. Are the letter recipients willing to say what half they were in?

Can't see the extreme measures being discussed hitting us after this report.

Andy74
05-08-2016, 04:24 PM

RANGERS will take time to consider fully the findings of the report into the pitch invasion by Hibernian supporters at the end of the Scottish Cup final and make further comment at the appropriate time.
At present we wish to do nothing that might detract from the team’s first match back in Scottish football’s top flight.
We can state however that we will be seeking an urgent meeting with the author of the report, Sheriff Principal Edward Bowen, the Scottish FA’s Chief Executive Stewart Regan and his Compliance Officer, Tony McGlennan.
It is imperative that we gain insight into the underlying basis for the findings in the report given that we consider it contains a number of factual inaccuracies and contradictions. It is right that the Club gives the author and requisitioner of the report the opportunity to comment on our concerns prior to making a conclusive statement.
It is to be hoped that the Scottish FA, as they begin considering this report and the appropriate punishments, remember vividly what actually occurred on Saturday, May 21, 2016 at the National Stadium when Hibernian fans were allowed to invade the field of play and attack Rangers players and staff, who were offered little protection.

Deary me.

O'Rourke3
Greater police presence their end due to the sectarian singing and the fireworks. Hibs players at fault for going to the fans at the winner. Safety of fans cite there.

HFC07
Has anyone got a link to the actual report?

Real Emerald
05-08-2016, 04:25 PM

That's what happens when you get an independent report that has not been tainted with Sevco, Daily Ranger, GFA bias. GIRFUY 👍🖕🏽🏆🏆🏆

CropleyWasGod
05-08-2016, 04:26 PM
It appears that the story about the police being sent to Ibrox was a myth, then?

magpie1892
05-08-2016, 04:27 PM
An unremarkable report. Much as they would have liked to come down hard on HFC, they knew that in doing so they would then have to do the same to The The Rangers due to their numerous bursts of sectarian chanting and the smoke bombs and bangers.

hun won't be happy. Good.

Andy74
Greater police presence their end due to the sectarian singing and the fireworks. Hibs players at fault for going to the fans at the winner. Safety of fans cite there.

Says it was a factor but didn't blame players.

BoomtownHibees
A lot getting made about the players leaving the field to celebrate. Wonder if that's something the compliance officer will deal with

Billy Whizz
Has anyone got a link to the actual report?

It's 52 pages long

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=16434&newsCategoryID=1

CropleyWasGod
05-08-2016, 04:28 PM
An unremarkable report. Much as they would have liked to come down hard on HFC, they knew that in doing so they would then have to do the same to The The Rangers due to their numerous bursts of sectarian chanting and the smoke bombs and bangers.

hun won't be happy. Good.

The terms of the inquiry didn't cover those.

That is the Compliance Officer's job, which is where the real nasty stuff might lie.

HibsNutter
05-08-2016, 04:28 PM
2.1 - 2.2 show that the club will not be hammered.

CB_NO3
05-08-2016, 04:29 PM
I thought it was pretty fair until I got to the point "the Hibs fans should never have crossed the halfway line". He failed to mention that Sevco fans should not have entered the pitch.

I also find the paragraph about historical invasions funny. Who is the football club that is mentioned in every event? Yip, the Huns.

magpie1892
05-08-2016, 04:30 PM

You'd think they would have checked it for typos, no?

Stoney Hibee
05-08-2016, 04:31 PM
It's 52 pages long

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=16434&newsCategoryID=1

52 pages not to say very much.

magpie1892

That is the Compliance Officer's job, which is where the real nasty stuff might lie.

Looking forward to seeing that report, then.

Smartie
I don't think there's anything too unreasonable from my quick scan through.

I think he goes overboard on the impact of David Gray's celebration. The "jumping into the crowd" didn't alter anything. We'd just won the Scottish Cup FFS, we were going to go bananas whatever David Gray did.

For me it looks much like a whitewash in that it appears to absolve the SFA of any blame. If they arrange decent police presence around that pitch, there is no pitch invasion and we're not talking about it. I know all cup finals are high profile but there was always going to be an edge in that one. It was always going to be exuberant when we won the cup. If Rangers had won their first major trophy in a while/ ever (delete as per your preference/ opinion) they'd have gone bananas. A last minute goal that wins a cup will always cause people to go bananas, even if they have won that cup within the last 114 years.

It doesn't seem to answer any of the questions we would have loved to have had answered though. Which Rangers players were assaulted? What were their injuries? There were cameras everywhere, let's see the footage so that if indeed it did happen we can condemn those who carried out the assaults.

And if that footage does not exist, show The Rangers up for the contemptible shower of clowns that we all know they are.

CropleyWasGod
05-08-2016, 04:33 PM
I don't think there's anything too unreasonable from my quick scan through.

I think he goes overboard on the impact of David Gray's celebration. The "jumping into the crowd" didn't alter anything. We'd just won the Scottish Cup FFS, we were going to go bananas whatever David Gray did.

For me it looks much like a whitewash in that it appears to absolve the SFA of any blame. If they arrange decent police presence around that pitch, there is no pitch invasion and we're not talking about it. I know all cup finals are high profile but there was always going to be an edge in that one. It was always going to be exuberant when we won the cup. If Rangers had won their first major trophy in a while/ ever (delete as per your preference/ opinion) they'd have gone bananas. A last minute goal that wins a cup will always cause people to go bananas, even if they have won that cup within the last 114 years.

It doesn't seem to answer any of the questions we would have loved to have had answered though. Which Rangers players were assaulted? What were their injuries? There were cameras everywhere, let's see the footage so that if indeed it did happen we can condemn those who carried out the assaults.

And if that footage does not exist, show The Rangers up for the contemptible shower of clowns that we all know they are.

Not in the terms of their engagement

Saint Hibee
05-08-2016, 04:34 PM
It basically pins all the blame on Sir David Gray.

PapillonVert
05-08-2016, 04:34 PM
2.1 - 2.2 show that the club will not be hammered.

How do you figure that to be the case? That section simply sets out the terms of reference and the questions Bowen was asked to consider. 2.1 and 2.2 are NOT findings of fact or recommendations.

scotia44
05-08-2016, 04:37 PM

Got that impression too also think hibs might be stripped of .....the retractable tunnel as he feels that will help in the future
Hamdump ain't got one so we may have to surrender that😃

HibsNutter
05-08-2016, 04:37 PM
How do you figure that to be the case? That section simply sets out the terms of reference and the questions Bowen was asked to consider. 2.1 and 2.2 are NOT findings of fact or recommendations.

If an independent enquiry has found that the club took appropriate action to stop this happening and have dished out adequate punishment for what happened then how can the club be hit hard?

Kojock
05-08-2016, 04:39 PM

He didn't even get booked for leaving the field of play after scoring. Sevco must lodge a complaint and get the game replayed.

Billy Whizz
05-08-2016, 04:40 PM
He didn't even get booked for leaving the field of play after scoring. Sevco must lodge a complaint and get the game replayed.

He did get booked

CropleyWasGod
05-08-2016, 04:41 PM
If an independent enquiry has found that the club took appropriate action to stop this happening and have dished out adequate punishment for what happened then how can the club be hit hard?

Where does it say that?

PapillonVert
05-08-2016, 04:43 PM

Indeed, but that's not what Paragraph 2 is about. It is headed TERMS OF REFERENCE. They are just the questions that were posed NOT the findings of the inquiry.

You need to read the two or three lines immediately above which quite clearly show that these are the issues Bowen was tasked with considering and NOT his decision on what actually happened.

Here is what the part you are referring to says:

2.1. Against the above background I am asked to investigate and review the organisation and management of the Match by the Scottish Football Association (“the Scottish FA” “the SFA”) and to consider whether or not:-
2.1.1. All reasonable precautions were taken by the Scottish FA, Rangers FC and Hibernian FC to minimise the possibility of the pitch invasion and related events;
2.1.2. There was adequate liaison regarding security measures between and among the Scottish FA; Police Scotland; G4S (the Contractor which provided stewards for the Match); Rangers FC and Hibernian FC prior to, during and at the end of the match and thereafter;

Radium
05-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Where does it say that?

8.2.1 would be my reading

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Loving the vivid recollection that the The Rangers are asking for. This will be the same recollection that they had when HMRC came chapping?

Pete
05-08-2016, 04:46 PM

So rangers are basically saying: "even though you've spent months gathering evidence and forming conclusions based on it, we don't believe you. We want to meet with you to tell you what actually happened".

CropleyWasGod
05-08-2016, 04:47 PM
8.2.1 would be my reading

Doesn't say anything there about dishing out appropriate punishment, which is what was being claimed.

This bit, though, is encouraging. "I am not aware of any further precautions which the Clubs might have been expected to take." (to minimise the possibility of the pitch invasion and related events).

Andy74
05-08-2016, 04:51 PM
Not in the terms of their engagement

Particular acts of criminality were not covered, however, you can take from their timeline and wording on surrounding and abusing some players that this is all they have seen happening.

SonOfDavidFrancey
05-08-2016, 04:53 PM
Very dull - ie very fair and reasonable.

JeMeSouviens
05-08-2016, 04:54 PM
Were all reasonable precautions taken by the SFA, Rangers FC, and
Hibernian FC to minimise the possibility of the pitch invasion and related
events?

I am satisfied that both Clubs discharged
these responsibilities. They also complied with any requests made to them
by the SFA. I am not aware of any further precautions which the Clubs might
have been expected to take.

Hard to see how we "get hammered" from here?

CropleyWasGod
05-08-2016, 04:56 PM
Particular acts of criminality were not covered, however, you can take from their timeline and wording on surrounding and abusing some players that this is all they have seen happening.

Noted :agree:

However, if you go on to 7.1.8, he acknowledges the pyros and sectarian singing.

That's encouraging.

JeMeSouviens
05-08-2016, 04:57 PM
This is the most condemnatory bit against us I can see:

Whilst the vast majority of Hibs supporters who went onto the pitch did so
in a spirit of jubilation a small number, probably no more than 200, behaved
in a manner which went well beyond a manifestation of high spirits. There
were incidents involving direct physical confrontation with Rangers players
which included the hurling of obscene language and sectarian abuse. Similar
conduct was directed at Rangers officials. There was chaos and confusion
in the Technical Area. The fans who proceeded to the West end of the
Stadium engaged in abusive taunting of Rangers supporters, with a view to
generating a hostile reaction. There were incidents of wilful, direct and
abusive defiance of lawful instructions given by Police Officers at the time
of the pitch invasion. None of this can be justified on the basis of high spirits.

(my bold)

Can't really quibble with that, although it would be interesting to know what he considered "sectarian abuse". In my book "orange *******" would just about qualify but "Hun *******" definitely isn't.

Pretty Boy
05-08-2016, 04:58 PM

Sad, bitter inadequates.

We spoiled their 'We're back' (to everyone else 'they've arrived') party and they hate us for it.

Love it.

Onion
05-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Para 5.4.3 ....In relation to a mass pitch invasion, there was no intelligence from any source to suggest that such an event was likely and it was not considered necessary to hold additional Police or stewarding resources in reserve to counter any such occurrence.

I find this statement quite astonishing !

If the police had spoken to any Hibs supporter before the match, or had any understanding of the impact of a Hibs Cup win, they would have been told with 100% certainty that there would at least be a strong attempt by Hibs fans to invade the pitch at the end. It was inevitable ! Not only that, 10 mins before the end (Stokes goal) there was a rush towards the front and pitch gates by Hibs fans, which should have set alarm bells off.

Ignorance is no defence for Police Scotland. They could and should have known and been prepared, and cannot always rely on a Hun win to get them out of bother !

Calum68
05-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Don't see anything about the Rangers official taking a kick either

O'Rourke3
05-08-2016, 05:00 PM
Says it was a factor but didn't blame players.

Not saying he did but it's raised at lease twice and recommended the SFA remind footballers about the danger to fans on running to them - in the next steps. If there's any blame, it's in here - nowhere else.

The report makes it clear the SFA, G4, the Polis, Hibs and The The Rangers did all they could on the run up and during.

GreenCastle
This is hilarious. We aren't going to get hammered for it and Sevco will get away with a warning also.

I also find it pleasing that the Hun fans will have to read the version of events once again and this must be tough reading having lost a last minute winner. Us on the other hand are reading it remembering the ecstasy of the last 2 goals !!

Typical Sevco releasing a quick statement without thinking through what they are actually saying. Just like after the final whistle the people in charge of their media need to have a word.

CropleyWasGod

That's nothing to do with this report.

Radium
6.1 clears up all the timing questions for those getting tattoos

JeMeSouviens
05-08-2016, 05:01 PM

I'm 99% sure he's just a Hun in suit from the crowd rather than an official. If you look at the vid, after kicking the Hendo-lookalike, he walks off towards the Huns' end of the ground.

northstandhibby
05-08-2016, 05:01 PM
Hard to see how we "get hammered" from here?

Agreed. If the clubs did all that was asked of them then there is not a lot the clubs could do.

The Rangers are at the wind up with their comments about fans who were a bit over exuberant as that is a matter for the Police who have already arrested the ones who were a bit ott so the Rangers criticisms can only be aimed at the Police or/and SFA not Hibernian FC who abided by all the rules so keep whining the Rangers it suits you you bunch of cretins.

Glory Glory

JeMeSouviens
05-08-2016, 05:03 PM
Most shocking thing from the report - those *******s got 600 tickets more than us! :grr:

Pretty Boy
05-08-2016, 05:04 PM
Interesting to note that there is a common theme in the 'Historic Pitch Invasions' section.

Onion
05-08-2016, 05:09 PM

No mention in the Report about players being "assaulted".
No criticism about the lack of police or security at FT to prevent the invasion.
Lots of references to previous incidents involving fans from a previous club called Rangers coming onto the pitch for a fight while the winning fans "celebrate".

Oh dear. Hun no happy :thumbsup:

Does that mean we get to keep the Cup :greengrin

Onion
05-08-2016, 05:12 PM
Agreed. If the clubs did all that was asked of them then there is not a lot the clubs could do.

The Rangers are at the wind up with their comments about fans who were a bit over exuberant as that is a matter for the Police who have already arrested the ones who were a bit ott so the Rangers criticisms can only be aimed at the Police or/and SFA not Hibernian FC who abided by all the rules so keep whining the Rangers it suits you you bunch of cretins.

Glory Glory

Which leaves the SFA Compliance Officer with no where to go with any potential punishment in his report.

WoreTheGreen
05-08-2016, 05:15 PM
Dose it mean i don't have to return my Sir David Grey mug back to the shop .

CropleyWasGod
05-08-2016, 05:16 PM
Which leaves the SFA Compliance Officer with no where to go with any potential punishment in his report.
Except......this report mentions the sectarian singing and pyrotechnics :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Smartie
05-08-2016, 05:21 PM
Para 5.4.3 ....In relation to a mass pitch invasion, there was no intelligence from any source to suggest that such an event was likely and it was not considered necessary to hold additional Police or stewarding resources in reserve to counter any such occurrence.

I find this statement quite astonishing !

If the police had spoken to any Hibs supporter before the match, or had any understanding of the impact of a Hibs Cup win, they would have been told with 100% certainty that there would at least be a strong attempt by Hibs fans to invade the pitch at the end. It was inevitable ! Not only that, 10 mins before the end (Stokes goal) there was a rush towards the front and pitch gates by Hibs fans, which should have set alarm bells off.

Ignorance is no defence for Police Scotland. They could and should have known and been prepared, and cannot always rely on a Hun win to get them out of bother !

I absolutely cannot believe it either.

The police CANNOT be happy with the way things panned out at the end of the game. They were caught with their pants down, a pitch invasion was always a possibility from fans of either club, especially in the event of a last-minute winner being scored.

I find it a bit worrying that they are not prepared to accept that they have anything to learn from it. Can you imagine what the next game we have at Ibrox is going to be like? We'll need a strong police presence then, that's for sure.

It does smack of a bit of a whitewash and the SFA and the police are getting off lightly.

Pretty Boy
05-08-2016, 05:21 PM
Just read the whole thing from start to finish. Seemed very fair to me and, to a reasonable extent, plays down the scale of the trouble.

The compliance officers report is probably the one we have to be more wary of imo and it will be interesting to see what comes from that.

O'Rourke3
05-08-2016, 05:23 PM
Just read the whole thing from start to finish. Seemed very fair to me and, to a reasonable extent, plays down the scale of the trouble.

The compliance officers report is probably the one we have to be more wary of imo and it will be interesting to see what comes from that.

Will be difficult for the CO to exclude the sectarian singing and the fireworks too....

Real Emerald
05-08-2016, 05:27 PM
The compliance officer will be getting heavily leaned on by the dark side. Him and the GFA are the ones who have the power and will to deliver what Sevco want. They wiil try everything and anything to get their sordid way.

lucky
05-08-2016, 05:28 PM
Fairly balanced independent report. 200 on either side involved in fighting, sectarian singing and fireworks mentioned by them. Police and stewards could have done little to prevent it happening. Hibs players going into the crowd got the fans more excited but did not contribute to pitch invasion. Also the alcohol played no part in the invasion. Can't see how we can get blamed for anything

GreenCastle
05-08-2016, 05:29 PM
Is the compliance officer really going to fine Hibs and Sevco and anger both clubs even after a 52 page report explaining what happened. No.

Like the report there will be warnings and that's it. People need to calm down!

silverhibee
05-08-2016, 05:29 PM

If it's a separate matter then why has the compliance officer not dealt with the smoke bombs and sectarian singing from west coast supporters.

In fact why has the compliance officer not dealt with the Rangers regards the game against Motherwell where more flares were set off during that game a few weeks back.

Why is Mr CO being so quiet about things.

BSEJVT
05-08-2016, 05:30 PM
My take

Hibs supporters get the blame for the event, particularly those that crossed the half way line

Players who went in the crowd get hung out to dry (but probably only verbally), As David Gray was booked the referee acknowledged the incident and thought that an appropriate punishment for him.

I am not sure what the previous standard is for those that join in running into the crowd. I think its only the first in that gets into any trouble?

Having said that I wouldn't like to be the first player from any club this season to do so.

The club has been admonished as doing everything it could have in the run up and once it kicked off was powerless to influence events.

IMO it probably as bland as we could have expected, I cant see that the Compliance Officer has anywhere to go although I wouldn't be that surprised if one or more of the crowd surfing players copped a ban, such is the injustice of it all.

Its no surprise to me that The Orcs walk away with minimum blame applied.

Lets get the Compliance Officers report out and get this put to bed.

One thing I do think though is that other than a brief dig about the exaggerated lies perpetuated by The Rangers and the press, the fact that the cause of the events have been placed squarely at the feet of those that invaded the pitch and especially those that strayed over the halfway line leaves the club with nowhere to go.

IWasThere2016
Will be difficult for the CO to exclude the sectarian singing and the fireworks too....

Yup - he knows .. as do Hibs and SevCo :greengrin

truehibernian
Balanced report - even better that The Rangers are clearly spewing over its content ! Lovely !

Interesting that they say they won't make any comment so it doesn't detract from their season opener......then go on to comment, citing inaccuracies, reminders of who is to blame, repeating players were attacked.........oh dear Jim, your record never ever changes !

Topographic Hibby
05-08-2016, 05:31 PM
The mental picture I have is Rod holding up the carpet and Leanne standing by with the brush....

Sevco can huff and puff all they want. Let's move on.

It's over.

CropleyWasGod
05-08-2016, 05:31 PM
If it's a separate matter then why has the compliance officer not dealt with the smoke bombs and sectarian singing from west coast supporters.

In fact why has the compliance officer not dealt with the Rangers regards the game against Motherwell where more flares were set off during that game a few weeks back.

Because he had to wait for this report first. That's what the SFA statement says.

Finn2015
05-08-2016, 05:35 PM
The mental picture I have is Rod holding up the carpet and Leanne standing by with the brush....

Sevco can huff and puff all they want. Let's move on.

It's over.

I hope it is but just know the perma-raging Huns will continue with their hullabaloo and sabre rattling for a while yet

lucky
05-08-2016, 05:35 PM
Would not surprise me if the compliance officer gives David Gray a 3 match ban for celebrating the winner. They will want a scapegoat

EH54
05-08-2016, 05:36 PM
Would not surprise me if the compliance officer gives David Gray a 3 match ban for celebrating the winner. They will want a scapegoat

Wasn't Gray booked for his celebration meaning he can't be be punished?

Not sure if he was just assumed he would have been

s.a.m
05-08-2016, 05:39 PM
Wasn't Gray booked for his celebration meaning he can't be be punished?

Not sure if he was just assumed he would have been

He said he was.

Smartie
05-08-2016, 05:45 PM
My take

Hibs supporters get the blame for the event, particularly those that crossed the half way line

Players who went in the crowd get hung out to dry (but probably only verbally), As David Gray was booked the referee acknowledged the incident and thought that an appropriate punishment for him.

I am not sure what the previous standard is for those that join in running into the crowd. I think its only the first in that gets into any trouble?

Having said that I wouldn't like to be the first player from any club this season to do so.

The club has been admonished as doing everything it could have in the run up and once it kicked off was powerless to influence events.

IMO it probably as bland as we could have expected, I cant see that the Compliance Officer has anywhere to go although I wouldn't be that surprised if one or more of the crowd surfing players copped a ban, such is the injustice of it all.

Its no surprise to me that The Orcs walk away with minimum blame applied.

Lets get the Compliance Officers report out and get this put to bed.

One thing I do think though is that other than a brief dig about the exaggerated lies perpetuated by The Rangers and the press, the fact that the cause of the events have been placed squarely at the feet of those that invaded the pitch and especially those that strayed over the halfway line leaves the club with nowhere to go.

I wonder if the compliance officer might be interested in that though?

The remit of this report was to establish the facts of what happened inside the stadium. I wasn't within it's remit to pass comment on what Rangers may or may not have said after the game. I'd be very interested to hear what "facts" Rangers consider to be misleading or inaccurate.

It should not be outwith the realms of possibility (I know, I know) that the compliance officer lambasts Rangers for their habit of releasing of ill-advised and incendiary statements made in the heat of the moment, a habit that they don't seem to be showing any signs of relinquishing.

blaikie
05-08-2016, 05:47 PM
Any statements from Lee Wallace?

ancient hibee
05-08-2016, 05:47 PM
So Rangers want a meeting with the CO before he's done his report.Well that should be knocked on the head right away.

Real Emerald
05-08-2016, 05:51 PM
BBC have just reported that the The Rangers are seething and want in urgent meeting but nothing about the INDEPENDENT report that has basically said there was nothing much in it and no one really to blame. Why is the BBC not reporting the facts of the months long report but instead are only reporting Sevco are not happy. Beyond f...... belief these b..... get away with this blatant bias pish. Pathetic 😡

MrSmith
05-08-2016, 05:53 PM
Is there a statement from us yet?

Keith_M
05-08-2016, 05:57 PM
BBC have just reported that the The Rangers are seething and want in urgent meeting but nothing about the INDEPENDENT report that has basically said there was nothing much in it and no one really to blame. Why is the BBC not reporting the facts of the months long report but instead are only reporting Sevco are not happy. Beyond f...... belief these b..... get away with this blatant bias pish. Pathetic 😡

That's also the only part the DR and Herald have reported.

They are so in the pocket of The Rangers, it's almost hunbelievable.

Deansy
05-08-2016, 06:04 PM

Simple -

'............. and the singing of sectarian songs'

The report has made a boo-boo by daring to mention that which the GFA and Scottish-football media NEVER mention, discuss or acknowledge it's existence (think Harry Potter and "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named") by including the fact that they sang sectarian songs. If he has to go by this report, then the CO is now (IMHO) severely restricted if he tries to hammer us whilst going easy on them.

green day
05-08-2016, 06:06 PM
Setting us up to be done by the SFA compliance officer report.

nomad
05-08-2016, 06:07 PM
BBC have just reported that the The Rangers are seething and want in urgent meeting but nothing about the INDEPENDENT report that has basically said there was nothing much in it and no one really to blame. Why is the BBC not reporting the facts of the months long report but instead are only reporting Sevco are not happy. Beyond f...... belief these b..... get away with this blatant bias pish. Pathetic 😡they have pre the referendum in 2014 and are still at it can't understand why you are surprised anything in a union jack is fine!!!

CropleyWasGod
05-08-2016, 06:09 PM
Setting us up to be done by the SFA compliance officer report.
Just us?

Real Emerald
05-08-2016, 06:13 PM
they have pre the referendum in 2014 and are still at it can't understand why you are surprised anything in a union jack is fine!!!
I'm not surprised but it's still unbelievable that thousands have been spent on an INDEPENDENT report that has been much waited for. When it comes out the National tax payers TV channel make no mention of the reports facts and findings, all they want to do is keep up The Rangers fake outrage at something they and the BBC blew out of all proportion. Disgraceful 😡

LustForLeith
05-08-2016, 06:14 PM
Have Rangers confirmed exactly what they're not happy about in the report?

Real Emerald
05-08-2016, 06:15 PM

They got beat 3-2 I think 😄

Man Down Under
05-08-2016, 06:16 PM
The score at the end of the game.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

green day
05-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Just us?

No, the clubs. This report appears to say broadly the stewarding etc was Tickety boo.......which we know is Lillian Gish.

Can only see the SFA battering us and TRFC now.

However, let's see.

LustForLeith
05-08-2016, 06:19 PM
They got beat 3-2 I think ��

I really don't think Rangers will be happy until they get the cup. Even if there hadn't been a pitch invasion there would have been another reason for them moaning about us winning the cup.

Real Emerald
05-08-2016, 06:22 PM
I really don't think Rangers will be handy until they get the cup. Even if there hadn't been a pitch invasion there would have been another reason for them moaning about us winning the cup.

Good eh 😂

Andy74
05-08-2016, 06:24 PM
No, the clubs. This report appears to say broadly the stewarding etc was Tickety boo.......which we know is Lillian Gish.

However, let's see.

It also said there was little more the clubs could have done so difficult to see how.

VivaHiberña
05-08-2016, 06:26 PM

However, let's see.

Bowen also said he can't see what other steps the clubs could have been expected to take, which is us in the clear on one front. With regards to supporter behaviour, the lack of strict liability in Scotland and the abscence of any precedent for penalising clubs for supporter behaviour should give us some protection. I'm quite optimistic about how this will end.

southsider
05-08-2016, 06:28 PM
Good eh 😂
To Hell with them. Good will always conquer evil.

Real Emerald
05-08-2016, 06:30 PM
To Hell with them. Good will always conquer evil.

You've been watching too much Scooby Doo 😄

emerald green
05-08-2016, 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=Real Emerald;4781825]I'm not surprised but it's still unbelievable that thousands have been spent on an INDEPENDENT report that has been much waited for. When it comes out the National tax payers TV channel make no mention of the reports facts and findings, all they want to do is keep up The Rangers fake outrage at something they and the BBC blew out of all proportion. Disgraceful 😡

Maybe you should stick to the facts? See link below. Have a wee read.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36991311

The Spaceman
05-08-2016, 06:32 PM
Here you go chaps, happy reading!

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Documents/ScottishCupFinal2016Report/Scottish%20Cup%20Final%202016%20Commission%20of%20 Enquiry%20-%20Report%20of%20SP%20Bowen.pdf

GreenNWhiteArmy
05-08-2016, 06:32 PM
Right so.... according to the report. On pitch rioting occurred because 15 Hibs fans crossed the half way line. Seriously?? 😂😂 15 fans was enough for the zombies to invade the pitch. Let's be serious, they wanted a scrap and took the opportunity when some silly hibs fans went over there.

No real blame attached to Hibernian FC other than us having the cheek to go and score a 90+2 winner against Scottish Football's favourite son.

Daily Record, chick young, Andy Walker, majority of the west coast media, infuriated jambos cause the cabbage only went and ruined there whole song book get it right ****ing up every single one of you. Even the report blamed Exuberance.

Real Emerald
05-08-2016, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE=Real Emerald;4781825]I'm not surprised but it's still unbelievable that thousands have been spent on an INDEPENDENT report that has been much waited for. When it comes out the National tax payers TV channel make no mention of the reports facts and findings, all they want to do is keep up The Rangers fake outrage at something they and the BBC blew out of all proportion. Disgraceful 😡

Maybe you should stick to the facts? See link below. Have a wee read.

I was watching the News on TV as I pointed out in my post. That's what most of the population would have seen at tea time on s Friday night.

LustForLeith
05-08-2016, 06:35 PM
I wonder if they're saying they didn't sing sectarian songs (although one of their directors admitted it in defence that it was better than invading a pitch) or they didn't let off flares (which can clearly be seen, especially in that moment when Stokes passed the ball into the net after a couple of minutes)

Hibs won the cup, Rangers didn't. One team wanted it more, one team fought until the very end to win it, one team deserved it not just on the day but over the course of the campaign based upon cup results.

Rangers failings were down to Warburtons inability to produce a plan B when plan A doesn't work (a lot like Walter Smith) his defence who were simply woeful and his plan of not picking enough subs to prove that he needs to strengthen his squad as he probably feels they lack the quality he feels they should have.

NAE NOOKIE
05-08-2016, 06:39 PM

Given that the findings of this report pretty well absolve not only Hibs but also Sevco of any blame for the pitch invasion, at least in terms of what the clubs could have done to prevent it happening, and also makes it pretty clear that apart from a few recommendations in hindsight everything that could have been done with regard to player safety was done, I just don't get what Sevco hope to gain from this statement. Or rather I do.

It seems pretty clear to me that they are determined one way or another to see Hibs handed the blame for the conduct of the handful of idiots who went too far ..... They seem to be fully of the opinion that by doing this it will detract from the violent conduct of their own fans and the constant sectarian songs sung by their fans during the match ...... Hibs simply must be prepared to take the gloves off it that is what transpires !!!

As for the report itself:

1) .... Perhaps there was 'no intelligence' to suggest there would be a pitch invasion ... but surely intuition is as vital a part of forward planning as intelligence is, there was common consensus within the Hibs support in the weeks leading up to the game that a pitch invasion was highly likely if we won, never mind in the circumstances we did. There were security meetings held in the weeks leading up to the game which allegedly involved people from the SFA, Hibs and Rangers ....... did none of these 'football' people even consider it a possibility, when every Hibs fan if asked would have said it was a near certainty.

2) .... On page 35 the report mentions 'sectarian abuse' directed at The Rangers players by fans on the pitch. If that is true a life ban is too bloody good for them. When it comes to bringing the club into disrepute it doesn't get much worse and I for one don't want that crap anywhere near our club or our support. But as someone else said ... if that 'sectarian abuse' was the use of the word 'Hun' and only that, then I do not consider that to be sectarian. The reports author needs to clarify what form this so called 'sectarian abuse' took.

3) .... For some reason I cant copy & paste ... but sections 7.1.2 and 7.1.7 are the only bits of the report we need to be seriously concerned with, in particular "the hostile and irresponsible attitude of that minority requires to be addressed" ... I'm not sure what he means by this considering its 'after the event' , but more to the point, will the compliance officer take this as a tacit suggestion that Hibs should be held responsible for their actions?
He is factually correct that if there had been no invasion then there would have been no trouble, but he should be making clear that this does not in any way excuse the actions of the Sevco fans ..... he doesn't and I can see Sevco jumping on that.

One thing that does come out of this report is that Hampden is not a fit and proper stadium for modern football .... its obviously poorly configured for crowd control, add to that its other failings like poor spectator comfort, the crowd being miles from the pitch, the shallow rake of the stands and the lack of proper segregation ... short of leaving about 10 rows of seats back to front empty, which apart from anything reduces an already inadequate capacity, and there can be no doubt its had its day.

No doubt the politicians will have plenty to say about this report, as will the SFA in their attempts to avoid any prospect of carrying the can. Perhaps they would be better employed addressing the fact that we have one of the worst national football stadiums in the British Isles, in fact in western Europe, and start thinking about doing something about it.

WHAM
05-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Right so.... according to the report. On pitch rioting occurred because 15 Hibs fans crossed the half way line. Seriously?? 😂😂 15 fans was enough for the zombies to invade the pitch. Let's be serious, they wanted a scrap and took the opportunity when some silly hibs fans went over there.

No real blame attached to Hibernian FC other than us having the cheek to go and score a 90+2 winner against Scottish Football's favourite son.

Daily Record, chick young, Andy Walker, majority of the west coast media, infuriated jambos cause the cabbage only went and ruined there whole song book get it right ****ing up every single one of you. Even the report blamed Exuberance.

And if you look at page 31, it took all of 11 seconds of them being gauded for the first rangers fans to jump over the barriers to make their way towards the pitch. 😂😂

LustForLeith
05-08-2016, 06:41 PM
Given that the findings of this report pretty well absolve not only Hibs but also Sevco of any blame for the pitch invasion, at least in terms of what the clubs could have done to prevent it happening, and also makes it pretty clear that apart from a few recommendations in hindsight everything that could have been done with regard to player safety was done, I just don't get what Sevco hope to gain from this statement. Or rather I do.

It seems pretty clear to me that they are determined one way or another to see Hibs handed the blame for the conduct of the handful of idiots who went too far ..... They seem to be fully of the opinion that by doing this it will detract from the violent conduct of their own fans and the constant sectarian songs sung by their fans during the match ...... Hibs simply must be prepared to take the gloves off it that is what transpires !!!

As for the report itself:

1) .... Perhaps there was 'no intelligence' to suggest there would be a pitch invasion ... but surely intuition is as vital a part of forward planning as intelligence is, there was common consensus within the Hibs support in the weeks leading up to the game that a pitch invasion was highly likely if we won, never mind in the circumstances we did. There were security meetings held in the weeks leading up to the game which allegedly involved people from the SFA, Hibs and Rangers ....... did none of these 'football' people even consider it a possibility, when every Hibs fan if asked would have said it was a near certainty.

2) .... On page 35 the report mentions 'sectarian abuse' directed at The Rangers players by fans on the pitch. If that is true a life ban is too bloody good for them. When it comes to bringing the club into disrepute it doesn't get much worse and I for one don't want that crap anywhere near our club or our support. But as someone else said ... if that 'sectarian abuse' was the use of the word 'Hun' and only that, then I do not consider that to be sectarian. The reports author needs to clarify what form this so called 'sectarian abuse' took.

3) .... For some reason I cant copy & paste ... but sections 7.1.2 and 7.1.7 are the only bits of the report we need to be seriously concerned with, in particular "the hostile and irresponsible attitude of that minority requires to be addressed" ... I'm not sure what he means by this considering its 'after the event' , but more to the point, will the compliance officer take this as a tacit suggestion that Hibs should be held responsible for their actions?
He is factually correct that if there had been no invasion then there would have been no trouble, but he should be making clear that this does not in any way excuse the actions of the Sevco fans ..... he doesn't and I can see Sevco jumping on that.

One thing that does come out of this report is that Hampden is not a fit and proper stadium for modern football .... its obviously poorly configured for crowd control, add to that its other failings like poor spectator comfort, the crowd being miles from the pitch, the shallow rake of the stands and the lack of proper segregation ... short of leaving about 10 rows of seats back to front empty, which apart from anything reduces an already inadequate capacity, and there can be no doubt its had its day.

No doubt the politicians will have plenty to say about this report, as will the SFA in their attempts to avoid any prospect of carrying the can. Perhaps they would be better employed addressing the fact that we have one of the worst national football stadiums in the British Isles, in fact in western Europe, and start thinking about doing something about it.

I agree with you about picking up what they say about Hampden but what's the realistic alternative? Murrayfield? Ibrox or Parkhead if Rangers or Celtic aren't one of the team's making up the semi/final?

Smartie
05-08-2016, 06:48 PM
I agree with you about picking up what they say about Hampden but what's the realistic alternative? Murrayfield? Ibrox or Parkhead if Rangers or Celtic aren't one of the team's making up the semi/final?

Yep, all 3 of those are reasonable suggestions and infinitely better than Hampden.

Yes there are emotional ties to the place (especially for us now) but it's a hovel, not fit for purpose and is frankly an embarrassment.

Rebuilding it on the spot has merit as it's good to have a National Stadium but even it's location is pish (compared to the likes of the Millennium Stadium or the Aviva).

We need to get the emotional stuff out of the way, be ruthlessly Germanic and admit that it's not fit for purpose.

BSEJVT
05-08-2016, 06:50 PM
I wonder if the compliance officer might be interested in that though?

The remit of this report was to establish the facts of what happened inside the stadium. I wasn't within it's remit to pass comment on what Rangers may or may not have said after the game. I'd be very interested to hear what "facts" Rangers consider to be misleading or inaccurate.

It should not be outwith the realms of possibility (I know, I know) that the compliance officer lambasts Rangers for their habit of releasing of ill-advised and incendiary statements made in the heat of the moment, a habit that they don't seem to be showing any signs of relinquishing.

A slap on the wrists for us, and the Compliance Officer coming out with that would be the absolute icing on the cake.:greengrin

Keyser Sauzee
05-08-2016, 06:51 PM
I think both teams will end up with a slap on the wrists and a small fine purely because I can't see the SFA wanting this to be dragged out any longer than it already has. If they punish both teams I can see appeals being lodged which could possibly lead to legal action and I can't see the SFA wanting that.

EskbankHibby
05-08-2016, 06:54 PM
Had a wee word with my 3 and a half year old son to make sure it was not him that prepared the content of that statement from Sevco.

It's another absolute cringe-fest.

"But, but, but they beat us and it's just not fair, we did nothing wrong, we want the cup, listen to me......"

Cuffed on the pitch and behaved disgracefully as usual off it.

DRY. YOUR. EYES.

emerald green
05-08-2016, 06:54 PM
[QUOTE=emerald green;4781883]

I was watching the News on TV as I pointed out in my post. That's what most of the population would have seen at tea time on s Friday night.

Your posts were saying the BBC were not reporting the facts. That's exactly what the article on the BBC website is doing. Does that not count because it doesn't suit your own agenda? It never occurred to you to quickly look at the BBC website before posting on here?

Do you agree, or not, that the article on the BBC website tries to report the "facts"?

I didn't see the TV report you refer to, but what I do know is that the amount of time available (for sport generally) during the teatime news bulletin is nowhere near long enough to do full justice to something like the fairly lengthy report by the Sheriff Principal.

NAE NOOKIE
05-08-2016, 06:59 PM

Short of building a new stadium, which is what we should be doing:

Demolish both the East and West terraces and replace them with stands of about 15,000 capacity each. Demolish the North stand and replace it with a proper stand not unlike the South stand .. join the whole lot up and you should end up with a 60,000 capacity stadium with the seats much nearer the pitch and at a decent angle, not unlike Hibs East stand.

As for funding it ..... Have they even tried to look into it? How much of the land behind the East Terrace does Hampden own? There would be even more of it available to sell if the stadiums bowl shape was being done away with. How much would a sponsor pay to have their name given to what is undoubtedly one of the worlds most iconic stadiums? If the Scottish Government could find £14,000,000 just to transform the stadium for two weeks amongst the hundreds of other millions spent overall on the commonwealths school sports day, why couldn't the will be there to find a way to at least help transform what should be ( what is ) one of Scotland's most iconic buildings from the shabby, not fit for purpose, disgrace it currently is.

Onion
05-08-2016, 07:01 PM
I absolutely cannot believe it either.

The police CANNOT be happy with the way things panned out at the end of the game. They were caught with their pants down, a pitch invasion was always a possibility from fans of either club, especially in the event of a last-minute winner being scored.

I find it a bit worrying that they are not prepared to accept that they have anything to learn from it. Can you imagine what the next game we have at Ibrox is going to be like? We'll need a strong police presence then, that's for sure.

It does smack of a bit of a whitewash and the SFA and the police are getting off lightly.

My thinking now is that the police were actually not that bothered about Hibs fans invading the pitch. They possibly felt it was harmless celebrations by exuberant fans that was warranted and added to the ocassion. What ****ed them up was the idiot Hibs fans who thought they'd sooner start winding up some meaningless Sevco fans... and all that happened after that. Had those idiots not done that, I'm certain the Huns would have moped away from Hampden.

Kato
05-08-2016, 07:03 PM
DRY. YOUR. EYES.

There's a whine on twitter only dogs can hear.

Real Emerald
05-08-2016, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=Real Emerald;4781888]

Your posts were saying the BBC were not reporting the facts. That's exactly what the article on the BBC website is doing. Does that not count because it doesn't suit your own agenda? It never occurred to you to quickly look at the BBC website before posting on here?

Do you agree, or not, that the article on the BBC website tries to report the "facts"?

I didn't see the TV report you refer to, but what I do know is that the amount of time available (for sport generally) during the teatime news bulletin is nowhere near long enough to do full justice to something like the fairly lengthy report by the Sheriff Principal.

WTF are you on about and why are you having a go at me. STV reported the outcome of the independent report followed by a statement saying Rangers weren't happy and Hibs have yet to respond. BBC Scotland TV only reported that Rangers were seething about the finding but didn't say anything about what the findings were. I wasn't talking about a friggin report on their website and have no agenda. FFS take step back, we're all angry about how this has been handled.

fairafarhib
05-08-2016, 07:08 PM
:greengrin
Any statements from Lee Wallace? still on life support :greengrin

Onion
05-08-2016, 07:09 PM
I think both teams will end up with a slap on the wrists and a small fine purely because I can't see the SFA wanting this to be dragged out any longer than it already has. If they punish both teams I can see appeals being lodged which could possibly lead to legal action and I can't see the SFA wanting that.

:agree: Despite the IC Report, the SFA and Police have a lot to answer for. Last thing they need or want is more questions to be asked about their own performance in this sorry affair and that would certainly happen if they hammer Hibs and Sevco. Time to move on.... with the Scottish Cup tucked under our arm :thumbsup:

Smartie
05-08-2016, 07:12 PM
My thinking now is that the police were actually not that bothered about Hibs fans invading the pitch. They possibly felt it was harmless celebrations by exuberant fans that was warranted and added to the ocassion. What ****ed them up was the idiot Hibs fans who thought they'd sooner start winding up some meaningless Sevco fans... and all that happened after that. Had those idiots not done that, I'm certain the Huns would have moped away from Hampden.

I'd be amazed if the police were that naive (although to be fair it is a plausible explanation).

Fans constantly goad each other. Football is 90 minutes of solid goading, especially anywhere near segregations. Ibrox is the worst/ best, and you get a special type of Rangers fan at the segregation border who go specifically to goad and taunt. Most of the time it's just about kept in check, sometimes it's not.

I can't believe anyone wouldn't expect, amongst a pitch invasion involving thousands of people that a bit of goading wouldn't happen. And there is an element within the Rangers support that actually can't do walking away so that goading was always going to lead to trouble.

The police would have been best off preventing it all in the first place and I cannot fathom why they didn't make a better effort to stop the invasion.

The pre-match "intelligence" referred to was sadly lacking.

Killiehibbie
05-08-2016, 07:12 PM
My thinking now is that the police were actually not that bothered about Hibs fans invading the pitch. They possibly felt it was harmless celebrations by exuberant fans that was warranted and added to the ocassion. What ****ed them up was the idiot Hibs fans who thought they'd sooner start winding up some meaningless Sevco fans... and all that happened after that. Had those idiots not done that, I'm certain the Huns would have moped away from Hampden.Exactly my thoughts when it happened but certainly doesn't excuse the huns behaving as they always have. Courts dealing with them no need for any SFA involvement unless they want to get tough on sectarian singing.

Northernhibee
05-08-2016, 07:17 PM
I seriously, seriously hope when we're back in the top flight for the 17/18 season we bring out the likes of Stokes and Stubbsy for HT interviews at ER just to really get their backs up even further.

emerald green
05-08-2016, 07:25 PM
Real Emerald - re your last post (posts are getting a bit mixed up - my fault there I think).

Can I refer to your earlier post #180 - you say "Beyond f.... belief these b.....get away with blatant bias pish. Pathetic". No mention of STV. Just the BBC. No agenda you say. Well you could have fooled me!

Anyway, do you agree or not that the article on the BBC website tries to report the "facts" (fairly).

I'm not having a go at you personally. Lets be absolutely clear about that. I've no idea who you are. This is simply an internet forum. Just want to point out a few "facts". That's all.

PS: I'm not angry about how this whole matter has been handled. I simply think it's a farce. There are far more important and serious matters going on in the world right now to be angry about.

Over and out.

Velma Dinkley
05-08-2016, 07:29 PM
Hibs were not responsible for anything at that game. Celtic and Rangers made sure that clubs have no responsibility for fans actions.

Onion
05-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Reading the media reports so far from the BBC, STV, EEN - all seem to be covering it well and fairly. It's almost as if the Independent Commission Report has given them permission to report the truth for the first time, without the risk of upsetting their sensitive Hun paymasters :greengrin

The overall summary is in stark contrast to the Sevco version of events, highlights the Sevco fan trouble-makers and recognises the importance of the Cup win for Hibs fans (something the media have deliberately avoided). Other than failing to criticise the police/security, it's as good as we could have hoped for. Let's see if the SFA CO is as objective in his findings !!

emerald green
05-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Reading the media reports so far from the BBC, STV, EEN - all seem to be covering it well and fairly. It's almost as if the Independent Commission Report has given them permission to report the truth for the first time, without the risk of upsetting their sensitive Hun paymasters :greengrin

The overall summary is in stark contrast to the Sevco version of events, highlights the Sevco fan trouble-makers and recognises the importance of the Cup win for Hibs fans (something the media have deliberately avoided). Other than failing to criticise the police/security, it's as good as we could have hoped for. Let's see if the SFA CO is as objective in his findings !!

:agree:

.Sean.
05-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Been out all day and heading back out so no time to read the thread but if the report is available could someone please post a link???

cabbageandribs1875
05-08-2016, 07:41 PM
Been out all day and heading back out so no time to read the thread but if the report is available could someone please post a link???

Real Emerald
05-08-2016, 07:44 PM
Real Emerald - re your last post (posts are getting a bit mixed up - my fault there I think).

Can I refer to your earlier post #180 - you say "Beyond f.... belief these b.....get away with blatant bias pish. Pathetic". No mention of STV. Just the BBC. No agenda you say. Well you could have fooled me!

Anyway, do you agree or not that the article on the BBC website tries to report the "facts" (fairly).

I'm not having a go at you personally. Lets be absolutely clear about that. I've no idea who you are. This is simply an internet forum. Just want to point out a few "facts". That's all.

PS: I'm not angry about how this whole matter has been handled. I simply think it's a farce. There are far more important and serious matters going on in the world right now to be angry about.

Over and out.
The bias of reporting starting with the Rangers statement while we were still sitting on the bus at Hampden waiting to leave and the likes of Chic Young's comments inflamed what was a relatively euphoric pitch invasion. As soon as I seem Hibs fans going on to the pitch I actually said "oh no this isn't going to end well" I didn't really agree with it but was tempted to go on. The media have consistently reported Hibs in a bad light, calling Rangers supporters Scottish cup fans etc. An independent report was called for and much awaited, for BBC Scotland TV news not to give a brief report on the outcome but to just focus on Rangers anger (on TV that most folk see) is a disgrace. Whether or not they reported the facts on their website is not what angered me. Most Hibs fans agree we have been shafted by the media on this and I agree. What most people not involved in this will gleen from tonight's BBC news is that Rangers are unhappy about the report on the back of the other pro Rangers anti Hibs stuff that came out. Only people with a real interest will search their website for an in depth report. The BBC are getting a real anti Hibs reputation through Sportsound etc. and this doesn't help. Leave it at that bud 👍

.Sean.
05-08-2016, 07:45 PM
Thank you pal appreciated :aok:

Kato
05-08-2016, 07:49 PM
Regan "He said: "We are committed to ensuring that there is no repeat of the scenes that detracted from this showpiece occasion and will give full consideration to the recommendations set out by Sheriff Principal Bowen in respect of the Scottish FA's future planning of major sporting events under our jurisdiction."

Wriggly wiggly bureaucrat speak. The The Rangers new statement has him back on the hook. Hibs should keep schtum, back out and let the sfa and trfc get on with it, they deserve each other.

Kato
05-08-2016, 07:51 PM
The bias of reporting starting with the Rangers statement while we were still sitting on the bus at Hampden waiting to leave and the likes of Chic Young's comments inflamed what was a relatively euphoric pitch invasion. As soon as I seem Hibs fans going on to the pitch I actually said "oh no this isn't going to end well" I didn't really agree with it but was tempted to go on. The media have consistently reported Hibs in a bad light, calling Rangers supporters Scottish cup fans etc. An independent report was called for and much awaited, for BBC Scotland TV news not to give a brief report on the outcome but to just focus on Rangers anger (on TV that most folk see) is a disgrace. Whether or not they reported the facts on their website is not what angered me. Most Hibs fans agree we have been shafted by the media on this and I agree. What most people not involved in this will gleen from tonight's BBC news is that Rangers are unhappy about the report on the back of the other pro Rangers anti Hibs stuff that came out. Only people with a real interest will search their website for an in depth report. The BBC are getting a real anti Hibs reputation through Sportsound etc. and this doesn't help. Leave it at that bud 👍

BBC website and Scottish BBC TV obviously have different editors.

Kojock
05-08-2016, 07:54 PM
He did get booked

Never noticed, mind you I was bubbling like a bairn by then.

Gordy M
05-08-2016, 07:58 PM

Spoke to a few police officers after the game....thats exactly what they said. A pitch invasion itself isnt a huge issue as has been seen in other games. Obv that changed as soon as some started misbehaving but initially it wasnt a huge problem . At the end of the day a pitch invasion could still have happened if all the stewards/police were there.....if the fans are determined enough. Problem is that if you try and stop 100s then inevitably folk wil become aggressive/angry and so its better to let them on.

dchibs
05-08-2016, 07:59 PM
Had a wee word with my 3 and a half year old son to make sure it was not him that prepared the content of that statement from Sevco.

It's another absolute cringe-fest.

"But, but, but they beat us and it's just not fair, we did nothing wrong, we want the cup, listen to me......"

Cuffed on the pitch and behaved disgracefully as usual off it.

DRY. YOUR. EYES.
Lets face it, that new club havent won a major trophy yet we all should feel sorry for them.

SteveHFC
05-08-2016, 08:34 PM

Parkhead would be my choice. Great atmosphere at the Scotland-Ireland game a few years back and you get great views in any section of the ground.

Billy Whizz
05-08-2016, 08:36 PM
Parkhead would be my choice. Great atmosphere at the Scotland-Ireland game a few years back and you get great views in any section of the ground.

Apart from the section the Hibs fans get when we play there

Springbank
05-08-2016, 08:54 PM
Regan "He said: "We are committed to ensuring that there is no repeat of the scenes that detracted from this showpiece occasion and will give full consideration to the recommendations set out by Sheriff Principal Bowen in respect of the Scottish FA's future planning of major sporting events under our jurisdiction .

I'll be honest, I've a few staunch hearts supporting friends, the annoying type, but even they were saying they thought the nature of our win was one of the best cup finals in memory.

Even our staunchest rivals consider a last minute winner followed by pitch invasion added to the occasion immeasurably.

What planet is regan on?

Pretty Boy
05-08-2016, 09:02 PM
Apart from the section the Hibs fans get when we play there

On a par with Tannadice in the crap away sections list. Both only beaten by Pittodrie, the coldest away section going with a shan view into the bargain.

Dashing Bob S
05-08-2016, 09:22 PM
This is all very glorious. All the continuing fuss and media and Hun bitterness is doing is bringing back sweet memories of that day.

I was agnostic, even faintly antagonistic about the pitch invasion at the time. Now I'm absolutely delighted that it was part of the overal cup final package. It has illicited such bitter confusion from Rangers and embarrassment from their ringpieces, sorry, mouthpieces, like Jackson, Traynor, Waddel etc that it just brings everything back to May 21st.

Onion
05-08-2016, 09:43 PM
Sky Sports headline following the release of the long awaited Independent Commissioners Report is.... "Rangers demand talks over Scottish Cup final trouble report".

Forget about majoring on the key findings of this Reports, 2 months in the making, and let's focus on the upset it has caused The Rangers and it's (shock horror) failing to support the fictional, hysterical view of events following their 3-2 defeat :thumbs:

It bangs on and on about poor Rangers and their hurt feelings... and then shamelessly ends this objective editorial piece with .....

Watch Rangers v Hamilton on Saturday. Coverage begins on Sky Sports 1 HD and Sky Sports 5 HD at midday

Say no more :greengrin

CorrieHibs
05-08-2016, 09:45 PM
Don't know if this has been posted but this is disgraceful.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/sham-report-scottish-cup-final-8571102#l4jHftdP7de0cFsB.97

Claiming Hibs for being sectarian lol. I can't get over this! They sing sectarian songs quite clearly every week.

HFC07
05-08-2016, 09:48 PM
I have an issue with the reports findings in the appropriate level of stewarding. It was interesting to hear about the appropriate level of stewardship based on 'the green book'. For a high profile game there should be 1:100 supporters, however based on figures for the cup final that number was actually 1:88 fans.

That would mean that there were 590 stewards assumed for 52,000 fans. At the end of the match I only saw 1 steward per section gate. Even if there were 20 or 30 gates at Hampden then where were the other 560 stewards? Surely there should of been more stewards at each gate and along trackside.

CropleyWasGod
05-08-2016, 09:49 PM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/sham-report-scottish-cup-final-8571102#l4jHftdP7de0cFsB.97

Claiming Hibs for being sectarian lol. I can't get over this! They sing sectarian songs quite clearly every week.

That is what the (independent, remember) report said. We have plenty twats in our support who would use that kind of language.

And, to be fair, both the report and the DR article talk about the sectarian singing from the other end.

Jdawg
05-08-2016, 09:53 PM

Claiming Hibs for being sectarian lol. I can't get over this! They sing sectarian songs quite clearly every week. the article referred to songs from the west stand, Rangers with sectarian songs not hibs?

WHAM
05-08-2016, 09:54 PM

What an absolute joke of a national newspaper it really is 😂

Does it try to appear even slightly neutral these days?

CropleyWasGod
05-08-2016, 09:54 PM
the article referred to songs from the west stand, Rangers with sectarian songs not hibs?

... and sectarian abuse from Hibs fans.

“There were incidents involving direct physical confrontation with Rangers players which included obscene language and sectarian abuse. Similar conduct was directed at Rangers officials.”

That's lifted straight from the enquiry report.

WHAM
05-08-2016, 09:56 PM
... and sectarian abuse from Hibs fans.

"Orange b****s" or "Hun" most likely directed at the rangers players.

CorrieHibs
05-08-2016, 09:56 PM
the article referred to songs from the west stand, Rangers with sectarian songs not hibs?

While the vast majority of Hibs supporters who went on to the pitch did so in a spirit of jubilation a small number, probably no more than 200, behaved … well beyond a manifestation of high spirits.

“There were incidents involving direct physical confrontation with Rangers players which included obscene language and sectarian abuse. Similar conduct was directed at Rangers officials.”

That's reads Hibs fans were directing sectarian abuse at Rangers

CropleyWasGod
05-08-2016, 09:59 PM
"Orange b****s" or "Hun" most likely directed at the rangers players.

Yep, which (in the case of "Orange" certainly) is sectarian abuse in my book

Since1875Hibs
05-08-2016, 09:59 PM
Has the article been updated? I see nothing saying Hibs were singing sectarian songs?

CropleyWasGod
05-08-2016, 10:02 PM
Has the article been updated? I see nothing saying Hibs were singing sectarian songs?

It doesn't.

It quotes the enquiry report. See my post above for what it says.

WHAM
05-08-2016, 10:03 PM
Yep, which (in the case of "Orange" certainly) is sectarian abuse in my book

I agree.