PDA

View Full Version : Keeper to start tomorrow

hfcnic
05-08-2016, 06:55 AM
Who do you think will be given the nod tomorrow?

Rivers Cuomo
05-08-2016, 06:56 AM
Laidlaw.

Hibee87
05-08-2016, 07:04 AM
Laidlaw. I believe clearance for Marciano is still pending.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-08-2016, 08:50 AM
Laidlaw has done enough to be the first pick whether the new keeper is registered or not IMO.

DaveF
05-08-2016, 10:29 AM
Think Laidlaw will start tomorrow and tuesday the new guy from next week.

GreenCastle
05-08-2016, 10:36 AM
Think Laidlaw to start and expect Houston to send long balls in to test him.

nellio
05-08-2016, 10:40 AM
I don't think Rocky can start, doesn't have the international clearances.

erin go bragh
05-08-2016, 11:01 AM
If the clearance is through for Rocky . He will start . Imo .

hfcnic
05-08-2016, 11:27 AM
If the clearance is through for Rocky . He will start . Imo .

Thats what I thought too. Look forward to finding out anyway

Smartie
05-08-2016, 11:42 AM
Think Laidlaw to start and expect Houston to send long balls in to test him.

From what I've seen so far Laidlaw is more capable of dealing with that than anyone else we've had in recent years.

I've been quietly impressed with him so far.

His only black mark is that he couldn't repeat Conrad's penalty-saving heroics.

Pretty Boy
05-08-2016, 11:46 AM
I'd go with Laidlaw.

He's done nothing wrong in 2 starts. I know it's good to have a number 1 but Laidlaw has earned the gloves imo and good performances should be rewarded. If his performance slips he knows Rocky is breathing down his neck.

BoomtownHibees
05-08-2016, 11:48 AM
I'd go with Laidlaw.

He's done nothing wrong in 2 starts. I know it's good to have a number 1 but Laidlaw has earned the gloves imo and good performances should be rewarded. If his performance slips he knows Rocky is breathing down his neck.

Rocky will be in as number 1. I'm sure he will have been given that assurance when deciding to come here.

As for tomorrow and probably Tuesday I think Laidlaw will play then Rocky will be in after that

JDHibs
05-08-2016, 11:50 AM
Clearance isnt through for Marciano yet, even if it was, Lennon has already said on several occasions that he wont be playing against Falkirk. Laidlaw will start, which again, imo, is a good choice. He has done nothing to suggest he isnt a very capable goalkeeper.

Pretty Boy
05-08-2016, 11:51 AM
Rocky will be in as number 1. I'm sure he will have been given that assurance when deciding to come here.

As for tomorrow and probably Tuesday I think Laidlaw will play then Rocky will be in after that

A risky business assuring any player they are an automatic pick imo. Different if a keeper misses 1 game with a knock ot a suspension but apart from that.

For me if Laidlaw starts the 1st couple of games and keeps doing the business then he should stay in the team. Same goes for any player in any position.

BoomtownHibees
05-08-2016, 11:53 AM
A risky business assuring any player they are an automatic pick imo.

For me if Laidlaw starts the 1st couple of games and keeps doing the business then he should stay in the team. Same goes for any player in any position.

I would normally agree but I can't see him signing a proven international goalie to be number 2 until Laidlaw makes a mistake

Smartie
05-08-2016, 11:58 AM
A risky business assuring any player they are an automatic pick imo. Different if a keeper misses 1 game with a knock ot a suspension but apart from that.

I seem to remember us bringing in Morten Hyldgaard in the past, who came with a good reputation.

He never got a shot at the first team though because Daniel Andersson was doing the business.

We'll never really know if Hyldgaard was any good as he never got the chance.

Andersson was in form and rightly kept the gloves.

It wouldn't be a disappointment to me if Laidlaw did the same here.

I'm always a form over reputation kinda person.

southern hibby
05-08-2016, 12:21 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a rule that you can play a player in the transfer window in actual games as a trailist or am I way of mark.

Not sure why but thought a player could play up to two games as a trailist, but it's hardly ever implemented because if not kept on then it means he's already played for a club in that season and limits his options to one more club.

If this rule is still around ( and just not in my head) could we not play rocky under this until clearance comes through???

GGTTH

CRAZYHIBBY
05-08-2016, 12:36 PM
I wonder if the rest of our signings will be ready for tomorrow seeing as it's been such a busy week in the transfer market

hfcnic
05-08-2016, 12:46 PM
I wonder if the rest of our signings will be ready for tomorrow seeing as it's been such a busy week in the transfer market

:faf::faf:

Maybe Hendo will sign tonight? lol

Smartie
05-08-2016, 12:50 PM
:faf::faf:

Maybe Hendo will sign tonight? lol

I think we've got more chance of getting Marc Libbra on a permanent deal and Leigh Griffths' already agreed £150k deal over the line before we get the Henderson one completed.