ozhibs
05-08-2016, 02:49 AM
Found this on YouTube after watching the final in the wee small hours...enjoy

https://youtu.be/iWXmhKRJVnE

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

excellent still bring tears to my eyes and I guess it always will.:agree:

Torto7062
05-08-2016, 02:54 AM
I doubt I will ever feel like I did when that winning goal went in ever again.......
The Emotions were undescribable lol

Pretty Boy
05-08-2016, 06:13 AM
Whilst the final is obviously my favourite game from last season (and ever) the game at Tynecastle is right up there.

I remember being freezing and soaked going into the ground. At 2-0 down I think everyone was a bit deflated but the fans stuck with the team and we played them off the park in the 2nd half. When Cummings scored I asked the guy next to me how long left and when he said '9 plus injury time mate' I knew we would equalise. At the time I thought the equaliser has been a well struck shot but seeing it again it's a bit of a scuff that crawls past Alexander and the guy on the line which makes it even better, the fact Hanlon cause a Hearts player (Walker?) to fall on their erse in the process adds a comedy element. The celebrations were mental, I ended up about 5 rows down from where I started when the man mountain next to me decided to jump on my back.

Those clowns really do have a brass neck to still try and use 'Hibs'd it' after they bottled it and then some.

offshorehibby
05-08-2016, 06:36 AM
Whilst the final is obviously my favourite game from last season (and ever) the game at Tynecastle is right up there.

I remember being freezing and soaked going into the ground. At 2-0 down I think everyone was a bit deflated but the fans stuck with the team and we played them off the park in the 2nd half. When Cummings scored I asked the guy next to me how long left and when he said '9 plus injury time mate' I knew we would equalise. At the time I thought the equaliser has been a well struck shot but seeing it again it's a bit of a scuff that crawls past Alexander and the guy on the line which makes it even better, the fact Hanlon cause a Hearts player (Walker?) to fall on their erse in the process adds a comedy element. The celebrations were mental, I ended up about 5 rows down from where I started when the man mountain next to me decided to jump on my back.

Those clowns really do have a brass neck to still try and use 'Hibs'd it' after they bottled it and then some.

I was heading for the Aberdeen train right after heats game and with 10 minuets to go i was touch and go whether to leave, glad i stayed.
GGTTH

Pedantic_Hibee
05-08-2016, 06:46 AM
Tynie game was made all the sweeter for me as I was sat in the Hearts end. Unbridled joy.

Baw187
05-08-2016, 08:15 AM

At half time standing there in their death trap of a stand I couldn't believe how we were 2 down. We hadn't done much wrong except 2 moments of poor defending that they took advantage of. For some reason I still felt we could do something and that 2nd half performance was out of this world, pinning them back, and when the goals came it wasn't a surprise.

GIRFUY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig_HFC
05-08-2016, 08:25 AM
The celebrations when that equaliser went in were unbelievable. The most mental I've ever been a part of until that day in May.

I think that was the moment that the support fully realised that this team wasn't like any other Hibs team we'd seen for the last few years. We didn't know when we were beat and we had bottle.

If any Hibs supporter had been asked at the start of the season to write the script for our Cup run when we finally won the Scottish; I honestly don't think anyone could have written it any better than how it actually played out.

I love this Club.

TrinityHibs
05-08-2016, 08:58 AM
Big Dom's goal against Aberdeen is a thing of beauty. Jason's wasn't bad either in the 2-2 game.

hibsbollah
05-08-2016, 09:10 AM
Never forget how lucky we all are to have just lived through arguably the Greatest Hibs season of all time. We didn't beat Napoli or Barcelona or won the league or had Joe Baker or Sauzee but nothing can top 2015/16 in my opinion. It's certainly the most dramatic, exciting and downright mental in our history.

California-Hibs
05-08-2016, 09:16 AM
The celebrations when that equaliser went in were unbelievable. The most mental I've ever been a part of until that day in May.

I think that was the moment that the support fully realised that this team wasn't like any other Hibs team we'd seen for the last few years. We didn't know when we were beat and we had bottle.

If any Hibs supporter had been asked at the start of the season to write the script for our Cup run when we finally won the Scottish; I honestly don't think anyone could have written it any better than how it actually played out.

I love this Club.

Top post!

Steve-O
05-08-2016, 09:22 AM
I was heading for the Aberdeen train right after heats game and with 10 minuets to go i was touch and go whether to leave, glad i stayed.
GGTTH

Watching on TV in NZ at some crazy hour I was VERY close to switching off the laptop just before Cummings scored. Thankfully stuck with it!

JeMeSouviens
05-08-2016, 09:24 AM
How good is Boyle's goal? :not worth

I miss Dom. :boo hoo:

Hibbyradge
05-08-2016, 09:51 AM
Bring on the DVD!

Wee Effen Bee
05-08-2016, 10:17 AM
I was delighted for the Hibbies in the squad (Hanlon et al) but seeing Henderson's reaction to the equaliser at Tynie on that clip is just class. The laddie is a real Hibby. Get him in now Leeann.
:flag:

DaveF
05-08-2016, 10:51 AM
Found this on YouTube after watching the final in the wee small hours...enjoy

https://youtu.be/iWXmhKRJVnE

So many good goals in that clip. Wonderful to watch!

Thanks for posting.

WeeRussell
05-08-2016, 12:11 PM

I love this Club.

Said very similar to my mate at the parade - I could have sat for 2 weeks and not come up with anything better than that :aok:

I also said 'I love Hibs' many times that weekend too :greengrin

Northernhibee
05-08-2016, 12:14 PM
I honestly can't remember that much between the third goal and FT - only had the one beer too. The weirdest and most staggering few minutes I've ever experienced.

MB62
05-08-2016, 02:33 PM
What I just realised whilst watching that is, absolutely NONE of the huns behind the goal have had a clue that Stokes had scored the opener because of the smoke from their flares, that they probably thought was great at the time :thumbsup:

05-08-2016, 06:30 PM

They had the chance to stop their nightmare of hibs winning the Scottish cup. They thought it was won at 2-0 and completely underestimated us. Their arrogance was their down fall. In fairness though, many hibs teams in the past would have crumbled going 1 goal down let alone 2 at tynecastle. This game proved to everyone that theres a new mentality at the club and a fight about us that hasn't been there for a long time. At HT i was getting all the usual texts from my jambo mates and I felt pretty hard done by as I felt 2-0 was an unfair reflection of the half, it definatly flattered them

To think they ****ed up a 2-0 lead at home that eventually ended up in us winning the SC is incrediably satisfying. They have the cheek to go on about "hibsing it" :faf::faf::faf:

05-08-2016, 06:34 PM
I honestly can't remember that much between the third goal and FT - only had the one beer too. The weirdest and most staggering few minutes I've ever experienced.

All a blur to me as well. I remember bedlham at the goal followed by a lot of shaking and praying that we could just hold on 2 more minutes then just utter madness.

HibbyAndy
05-08-2016, 06:36 PM
Tynie game was made all the sweeter for me as I was sat in the Hearts end. Unbridled joy.

Could never , EVER sit in the Hearts end in an Edinburgh Derby. Just wouldn't be me :no way:

Amean WTF did you do when Hanlon scored ??!!

fat freddy
05-08-2016, 06:53 PM
If you want a really good long laugh, go on sickback, scroll back a few pages to their cup final thread, I recently dedicated an hour to reading the entire contents and it is a thing of utter beauty, starts off with the usual stuff, Hibs are gash, 1902, Geronimo ect but it is worth reading through that as it sets it up for the beautiful ending when the whole thread descends into a seething caldron of despair as they blame everyone associated with Hearts for our glorious victory. Robbie Neilson takes most of the blame but this causes massive in fighting which highlights just how much our win hurt them. The seethe is very pleasing

Joe6-2
05-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Fantastic!!!! Tears again!
I laugh evertime I see the trophy being handed over at the Masonic suit wi the greeting face, wonder who he wanted to win!

Kato
05-08-2016, 07:09 PM
Never forget how lucky we all are to have just lived through arguably the Greatest Hibs season of all time. We didn't beat Napoli or Barcelona or won the league or had Joe Baker or Sauzee but nothing can top 2015/16 in my opinion. It's certainly the most dramatic, exciting and downright mental in our history.

A couple of seasons in the 70's were truly mental but didn't have that cherry on top at the end.

05-08-2016, 07:20 PM
If you want a really good long laugh, go on sickback, scroll back a few pages to their cup final thread, I recently dedicated an hour to reading the entire contents and it is a thing of utter beauty, starts off with the usual stuff, Hibs are gash, 1902, Geronimo ect but it is worth reading through that as it sets it up for the beautiful ending when the whole thread descends into a seething caldron of despair as they blame everyone associated with Hearts for our glorious victory. Robbie Neilson takes most of the blame but this causes massive in fighting which highlights just how much our win hurt them. The seethe is very pleasing

The kickback cup final thread is absolute GOLD :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Northernhibee
05-08-2016, 07:29 PM
The kickback cup final thread is absolute GOLD :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Anyone got a link?

Dashing Bob S
05-08-2016, 07:35 PM

It's perhaps the most beautiful thing I've ever read and I'd recommend all Hibs fans look at it. We didn't 'end them as a club' that day, but you can witness the death of unfounded arrogance, false entitlement and misplaced superiority. Not however, crass stupidity. That marches on unbounded.

fat freddy
05-08-2016, 07:57 PM
It's perhaps the most beautiful thing I've ever read and I'd recommend all Hibs fans look at it. We didn't 'end them as a club' that day, but you can witness the death of unfounded arrogance, false entitlement and misplaced superiority. Not however, crass stupidity. That marches on unbounded.
I suspect that there may be a market for a printed edition of the sickback cup final thread.Another first for The Hibs Library, A book that details the utter despair of our greatest rivals as they witness our greatest recent success, in their own words, in present tense, as it happens. The jaw dropping, dumbstruck, incredulity that overcame them oozes from every post as they try to make sense of the departure of the only thing that they had on us, our Scottish Cup record. I may contact my literary agent to get this up and running, this could be a bestseller

Joe6-2
05-08-2016, 08:08 PM
I suspect that there may be a market for a printed edition of the sickback cup final thread.Another first for The Hibs Library, A book that details the utter despair of our greatest rivals as they witness our greatest recent success, in their own words, in present tense, as it happens. The jaw dropping, dumbstruck, incredulity that overcame them oozes from every post as they try to make sense of the departure of the only thing that they had on us, our Scottish Cup record. I may contact my literary agent to get this up and running, this could be a bestseller

Anyone got a link?

RoYO!
05-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Anyone got a link?

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/161000-the-official-losers-v-sevco-scottish-cup-final-thread/page-19

Talk about taking one for the team. Took freaking ages to find. There must be about 8 separate threads regarding the Somme...

Enjoyable read :p though I do feel I need a good wash now.

Northernhibee
05-08-2016, 09:00 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/161000-the-official-losers-v-sevco-scottish-cup-final-thread/page-19

Talk about taking one for the team. Took freaking ages to find. There must be about 8 separate threads regarding the Somme...

Thank you :aok:

Torto7062
05-08-2016, 09:01 PM
What I just realised whilst watching that is, absolutely NONE of the huns behind the goal have had a clue that Stokes had scored the opener because of the smoke from their flares, that they probably thought was great at the time :thumbsup:

My mate was in that end with his son..said he never saw a thing for ten mins..but he knew we had scored lol

Joe6-2
06-08-2016, 04:38 PM

Won't work 😒😒

Dashing Bob S
06-08-2016, 05:14 PM
Won't work 😒😒

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/161000-the-official-losers-v-sevco-scottish-cup-final-thread/page-18

Joe6-2
06-08-2016, 05:28 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/161000-the-official-losers-v-sevco-scottish-cup-final-thread/page-18

Thanks DB,
They are hurting!!!

Cabbage East
06-08-2016, 05:33 PM

Great post. The weather was absolutely brutal that day. Probably the worst I've suffered at the football. Worth it though!

Dashing Bob S
06-08-2016, 05:34 PM
Thanks DB,
They are hurting!!!

Dey hurtin baaaaad!

Dashing Bob S
06-08-2016, 05:37 PM

T'was indeed a *****ing out of almost Denslike proportions, and one which, I believe, will looked upon by Edina's soccer historians as signalling a fundamental change in the balance of power between the capital clubs.

john rossi
06-08-2016, 08:14 PM
The best day of my life still can't believe that Hibernian are Scottish cup holders in 2016. sooooooooooooooo proud of my bonny boys in green and white.

lyonhibs
06-08-2016, 08:24 PM
Rumours that I'm say watching the whole game again wearing my #persevered scarf are entirely.......

True.

Enough said
06-08-2016, 08:27 PM
Top post! 2nd that

Alfred E Newman
07-08-2016, 12:30 PM
Rumours that I'm say watching the whole game again wearing my #persevered scarf are entirely.......

True.

I was sitting at the side of the pool yesterday listening once again to the Sportsound podcast from 21st May with the tears running down my face. How sad is that??
It's covers the period from the final whistle and the pitch invasion etc. if you can ignore Chick Youngs idiotic ramblings it's great listening. The singing in the background is something else .
Absolutely fantastic!

calumhibee1
07-08-2016, 12:34 PM
Great post. The weather was absolutely brutal that day. Probably the worst I've suffered at the football. Worth it though!

You obviously never went to Cowdenbeath away (pretty sure it was Stubbs first season). I have never experienced anything like it.