PDA

View Full Version : Halliday's celebration

FromTheCapital
04-08-2016, 10:14 PM
Watching the cup final again for what feels like the millionth time and Halliday has just scored and done his celebration.

He clearly believes that the game is done and dusted as he's telling the zombies that they've got it taken care of.

How sweet it feels to watch knowing what is to come :greengrin:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
04-08-2016, 10:17 PM
I give the telly a huge GIRUY gesture every time I watch his celebration.

I'm sure one of the neighbours was walking by the window on one occasion. :greengrin

RoYO!
04-08-2016, 10:26 PM
Watching the cup final again for what feels like the millionth time and Halliday has just scored and done his celebration.

He clearly believes that the game is done and dusted as he's telling the zombies that they've got it taken care of.

How sweet it feels to watch knowing what is to come :greengrin:

See Kenny Miller's celebration too. Same thing. Clearly that was the key message to players pre match, including Wallace coming out in the press saying "we should be fine".

Total expectation that they were going to do it from players and staff.

Didn't work out so well for them did it?! :D

Billy Whizz
04-08-2016, 10:26 PM
And to top it off, Halliday was marking Gray for the winner

Danderhall Hibs
04-08-2016, 10:27 PM

He was supposed to be marking Gray :greengrin

FromTheCapital
04-08-2016, 10:31 PM

He could've won the cup,
But he ****ed it up,
Andy Halliday :greengrin:

matty_f
04-08-2016, 10:43 PM
See Kenny Miller's celebration too. Same thing. Clearly that was the key message to players pre match, including Wallace coming out in the press saying "we should be fine".

Total expectation that they were going to do it from players and staff.

Didn't work out so well for them did it?! :D

Sure Miller was in the papers in the week before saying that Hibs would win eventually but it wouldn't be The Rangers that were the team that lost to us.

:aok:

essexhibee
04-08-2016, 10:47 PM
No matter how passionate he comes across and laps up the fans he will always know deep down he helped lose Rangers the cup.

GreenLake
04-08-2016, 11:07 PM

Or was meant to. :greengrin

Highland_Hibee
04-08-2016, 11:25 PM
When the second goal goes in for them and it pans to the Rangers end there is one big fat baldy git giving it an aggressive GIRUY that catches my eye. I always smile smugly.

AZhibee
05-08-2016, 03:42 AM
[QUOTE=FromTheCapital;4780817]He could've won the cup,
But he ****ed it up,
Andy Halliday :greengrin:

:not worth

How about
He could've won the cup
but he *******d it all up
go to heck andy halliday

andrew70
05-08-2016, 05:06 AM
I always thought the song was

Andy Halliday, Andy Halliday
Thought he won the cup
But he f***** it up
Andy Halliday

for the reason the OP mentions. Telling the Huns to calm down etc.

Either we can we please play them this season.

Steve20
05-08-2016, 05:25 AM
Sure Miller was in the papers in the week before saying that Hibs would win eventually but it wouldn't be The Rangers that were the team that lost to us.

He actually said he hoped it wouldn't be against Rangers. He didn't say it wouldn't be.

Pete
05-08-2016, 05:32 AM
Millers puss and celebration for the first was annoying but he was also part of the Halliday celebration with the arm round the shoulders and the pointing towards the "winning goal scorer". Warburton also turned round as if to say "that's it".

Just watched the highlights and some clips of the full match again and the enthusiasm for the new season is here. Also, if anyone's "day was spoiled" by the celebrations after that then they can GTF. Given the circumstances, that's the most dramatic ending to a domestic final ever.

Hibby Bairn
05-08-2016, 06:22 AM
For me Miller is a good guy. Gets unwarranted stuck on here. Nice guy anytime I gave met him. Good honest pro.

Halliday on the other hand can GTF.

Finn2015
05-08-2016, 06:27 AM
Get the impression Halliday thinks he is Zico or something. Arrogant tosser

SeanWilson
05-08-2016, 07:04 AM
For me Miller is a good guy. Gets unwarranted stuck on here. Nice guy anytime I gave met him. Good honest pro.

Halliday on the other hand can GTF.

Miller once bought me a McDonalds when I was a wee boy. I lapped it up and thought he was fantastic.He then went on to play for, score for and celebrate with the ugly sisters. I hate his guts.

CallumLaidlaw
05-08-2016, 07:06 AM
Get the impression Halliday thinks he is Zico or something. Arrogant tosser

He'll be glad he got some game time for them lst year because he's nowhere near good enough for where they want to be

johncrobertson@
05-08-2016, 07:07 AM
Watch Halliday at the corner when Stokes scores - he is wrapped around David Gray - how ironic!!!

Smartie
05-08-2016, 07:34 AM
Miller once bought me a McDonalds when I was a wee boy. I lapped it up and thought he was fantastic.He then went on to play for, score for and celebrate with the ugly sisters. I hate his guts.

If you hate him that much you should re-phrase the first line of that story to "Kenny Miller once tried to groom me with a happy meal".

Pretty Boy
05-08-2016, 07:48 AM
He'll be glad he got some game time for them lst year because he's nowhere near good enough for where they want to be

A typical hun who struck lucky in getting to play for them due to reduced circumstances.

I'm glad he got that chance as a more competent player would have blocked Grays run off knowing the ref was unlikely to penalise it and anything could have happened in extra time.

CRAZYHIBBY
05-08-2016, 07:59 AM
I get annoyed by the way the bread man celebrates, ... he puts his arm up as if to say easy that's how to win a final

Caversham Green
05-08-2016, 08:18 AM
I get annoyed by the way the bread man celebrates, ... he puts his arm up as if to say easy that's how to win a final

Yep, that annoyed me too.

As an aside, did he shake hands with Stubbs at the end? - you normally get a shot of managers shaking hands at the end of a match, but Hovis is nowhere to be seen at this one.

Finn2015
05-08-2016, 08:50 AM
Yep, that annoyed me too.

As an aside, did he shake hands with Stubbs at the end? - you normally get a shot of managers shaking hands at the end of a match, but Hovis is nowhere to be seen at this one.

I remember a shot of him shaking his head and ushering the sevco players and staff in.

snooky
05-08-2016, 09:07 AM
Actually their celebrations don't bother me much as I do the same when we score.
As long it's not abusive such as self fondling in the faces of our fans (see Hearts) then I have no problems with opposition teams celebrating their goal. While it's not enjoyable for us to watch, it's all part of the game.

Alex Trager
05-08-2016, 10:00 AM
I never thought much about their celebrations except that they were low key.

I thought Miller looked as if he wasn't that bothered to have scored especially if you watch his celebration against Celtic.
It looked as if he wanted us to win :)
I suppose it is all about interpretations.

Halliday I just thought 'why is he not going radge'

JimBHibees
05-08-2016, 10:18 AM
I never thought much about their celebrations except that they were low key.

I thought Miller looked as if he wasn't that bothered to have scored especially if you watch his celebration against Celtic.
It looked as if he wanted us to win :)
I suppose it is all about interpretations.

Halliday I just thought 'why is he not going radge'

Agree thought he looked a bit gutted to have scored, good professional though imo.

Spike Mandela
05-08-2016, 10:26 AM
Halliday and Miller showed remarkable 'restraint' in their celebrations. It's the The Rangers way.

crewetollhibee
05-08-2016, 10:34 AM
When the second goal goes in for them and it pans to the Rangers end there is one big fat baldy git giving it an aggressive GIRUY that catches my eye. I always smile smugly.

Yeah saw that !!