PDA

View Full Version : Update on cup final merchandise

Argylehibby
04-08-2016, 09:56 PM
I and other members of the Working Together group held our regular meeting at ER on Tuesday night to discuss merchandise in general but with a focus on the Scottish cup final and what is seen by many fans as a massive opportunity lost.

Before going into detail I think it is only right to say that at no stage during the meeting did any of the representatives from the club or the shop make any attempt to pass the blame on to others for the way things have gone. The general comment was it was their responsibility, the club appointed suppliers etc. and therefore the buck stops with them. It is also only fair to state that the frustration and anger we feel as fans is felt as strongly and maybe even more so by the officials there on Tuesday night.

So now to some detail;

There have been 31 lines of cup final stock on sale and more lines are on the way. I didn’t take the list of all the items which included posters, polo shirts, tee shirts etc. but was surprised it was as many as that. There have been in excess of 10,000 individual items purchased. We all know it could and should have been more. Interestingly Just Sport believe that in terms of the number of stock lines offered this is higher than other clubs have had with similar selling opportunities such as winning promotion.

The major problem has not been in the number of different lines of stock but getting stock in and maintaining it a level that meant the shop was always full. Some of this is down to underestimating demand for particular items. However this issue has not always been as a result of under ordering but because suppliers have not fulfilled orders in one pass. Perhaps easier to explain if I give as example of the difficulties experienced here the key ring that is on sale now at £10 and proving popular. The order for this was placed some time back, in fact I mentioned it the first post final merchandise update as something that was coming in. The key ring was only part of the order from that supplier who was also to supply the miniature cups and lapel badges. A smaller number of key rings than had been ordered arrived and were put on sale immediately. These are selling fast and will probably be gone by the weekend especially if folk continue to buy 6 or 7 at a time. If the shop holds them back until they receive the full order I join everyone else in moaning there is nothing in stock but if they put it in the shop and it sells out I moan that we didn't get enough and that nobody can tell me when it’s back in store.

Continuing on the bad news front the Lego bus is looking unlikely to arrive. When we reached the League Cup final the club were approached by a supplier to gauge interest. We immediately said yes but of course the result on the day meant the bus was not needed. When we won the Scottish we approached the supplier expecting a relatively straight forward process, bearing in mind the previous discussions, but it’s not materialised and currently doesn’t look likely. We are still trying to get the bus rolling again but we are not confident. A number of people have asked about it and I am sure it would be very popular but currently looking unlikely.

So now some better news. In addition to re-orders of the existing stock lines such as the embroidered bar scarf which was extremely popular the miniature cups are on the way and the rest of the key rings are also expected soon. There should be some glass wear coming in as well. The photo-book which will likely include previous rounds and comments from players is in the final stages of design. You may wonder why it’s not being printed or even in the shop by now but selecting the images would have been a heck of a task on it's own never mind getting quotes from key individuals who are no longer at Easter Road.

The DVD (No mention of Blue-ray and I forgot to ask, so apologies to the “BR” owners) will be launched in 2nd half of September. It will be double disk which will include the game (obviously) interviews with players and other individuals. This is what is taking up a fair bit of time but the production team are down south this week and next getting more interviews completed. There will be other bits and pieces on there too but probably better to buy it and see for yourself what’s all on there.

There are a few posters in the shop of different sizes but we are also looking to sort out a way for fans to be able to order photographs from the substantial library that the club has acquired rights to. It would be good though to get some feedback on whether you would look for framed prints or whether you would prefer to just get the photo and frame it yourself to match in with your existing décor?

There will be merchandise that’s not related to the cup win as well of course. Looking to get in items such as wallets to hold the season card and as our younger fans return to school soon the shops already stocked up with the usual must haves for going back.

Finally the adult home strip: The announcement from the club earlier in the week set out the position re the launch so there is no point in me repeating that. In the time I've been involved with the WT group and in particular with the work stream on merchandising I have never seen club officials so angry. They were obviously very careful not to say what they really wanted to say and to remain professional instead but they could not hide their frustration. As Twiglet mentioned in another thread, other clubs have also had similar problems with Northampton suffering more than most by the look of things and having to play in their away strip. I understand that to some degree we have been a victim of our own success. Nike have standard off the shelf kits and they have ones which the club have more say in the design of. As we sell a huge number of home strips we get to have a say in the design while the away strip is off the shelf so was available sooner.

Our next meeting will be in September when ideas for Christmas will be mulled over, any suggestions would as always be greatly appreciated. It would also be good to get 1 or 2 other people in the group to give us some fresh ideas so if you are interested in giving up a couple of hours every 6 to 8 weeks send me a pm.

essexhibee
04-08-2016, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the update mate. Really looking forward to the DVD. :aok: May be a silly question but is all of this going to be online for us fans "abroad"?

Danderhall Hibs
04-08-2016, 10:09 PM
Cheers for the update. I do think they're stretching it with the number of items they're claiming have been on sale though - a few key rings and a couple of tshirts are clearly allowing them to up the numbers.

There's no getting away from it that it's been a major disappointment and thousands of pounds have been lost because of it.

Any mention of which commentary team are going to be used for the DVD?

Argylehibby
04-08-2016, 10:09 PM
It will be, it's one of the problems caused by the lack of quantity they are getting in. Put it online immediately it's gone before anyone can get it in the shop and vice versa.

Argylehibby
04-08-2016, 10:14 PM
There's no getting away from it that it's been a major disappointment and thousands of pounds have been lost because of it.

Any mention of which commentary team are going to be used for the DVD?

Nobody at the club is trying to get away from it, trust me they know it's a disappointment for the fans and as money at the club is tight they have the double whammy of hacking off fans and losing much needed cash.

There was chat on the commentary with Sky and Hibs TV leading the debate. It's a double disk so maybe get the best of both ;-)

Danderhall Hibs
04-08-2016, 10:21 PM
Nobody at the club is trying to get away from it, trust me they know it's a disappointment for the fans and as money at the club is tight they have the double whammy of hacking off fans and losing much needed cash.

There was chat on the commentary with Sky and Hibs TV leading the debate. It's a double disk so maybe get the best of both ;-)

Just a turn of phrase mate.

That's good - I've only got the BBC game on my planner just now and that **** McLeod made a right arse of the commentary for the goal. Wittering on about Stokes scoring a hat trick while Henderson was delivering.

I get angrier every time I watch it then as the ball hits the net I forget again.

JoeT_WasTheBest
04-08-2016, 10:46 PM

That's good - I've only got the BBC game on my planner just now and that **** McLeod made a right arse of the commentary for the goal. Wittering on about Stokes scoring a hat trick while Henderson was delivering.

I get angrier every time I watch it then as the ball hits the net I forget again.

You still moaning aboot that?? [emoji23]

Alex Trager
04-08-2016, 11:34 PM

Is rather that than that fanny walker talking about 'hibsing' it again.

Tit

Dashing Bob S
05-08-2016, 01:26 AM
We waited for 114 years for the cup. Looks like it could be the same for the merchandise.

Danderhall Hibs
05-08-2016, 06:23 AM
You still moaning aboot that?? [emoji23]

Yip! I've watched it a good few times since I was last moaning to you about it!

Finn2015
05-08-2016, 06:30 AM
Nice update thanks for keeping us informed 👍

Gatecrasher
05-08-2016, 06:48 AM
I and other members of the Working Together group held our regular meeting at ER on Tuesday night to discuss merchandise in general but with a focus on the Scottish cup final and what is seen by many fans as a massive opportunity lost.

Before going into detail I think it is only right to say that at no stage during the meeting did any of the representatives from the club or the shop make any attempt to pass the blame on to others for the way things have gone. The general comment was it was their responsibility, the club appointed suppliers etc. and therefore the buck stops with them. It is also only fair to state that the frustration and anger we feel as fans is felt as strongly and maybe even more so by the officials there on Tuesday night.

So now to some detail;

There have been 31 lines of cup final stock on sale and more lines are on the way. I didn’t take the list of all the items which included posters, polo shirts, tee shirts etc. but was surprised it was as many as that. There have been in excess of 10,000 individual items purchased. We all know it could and should have been more. Interestingly Just Sport believe that in terms of the number of stock lines offered this is higher than other clubs have had with similar selling opportunities such as winning promotion.

The major problem has not been in the number of different lines of stock but getting stock in and maintaining it a level that meant the shop was always full. Some of this is down to underestimating demand for particular items. However this issue has not always been as a result of under ordering but because suppliers have not fulfilled orders in one pass. Perhaps easier to explain if I give as example of the difficulties experienced here the key ring that is on sale now at £10 and proving popular. The order for this was placed some time back, in fact I mentioned it the first post final merchandise update as something that was coming in. The key ring was only part of the order from that supplier who was also to supply the miniature cups and lapel badges. A smaller number of key rings than had been ordered arrived and were put on sale immediately. These are selling fast and will probably be gone by the weekend especially if folk continue to buy 6 or 7 at a time. If the shop holds them back until they receive the full order I join everyone else in moaning there is nothing in stock but if they put it in the shop and it sells out I moan that we didn't get enough and that nobody can tell me when it’s back in store.

Continuing on the bad news front the Lego bus is looking unlikely to arrive. When we reached the League Cup final the club were approached by a supplier to gauge interest. We immediately said yes but of course the result on the day meant the bus was not needed. When we won the Scottish we approached the supplier expecting a relatively straight forward process, bearing in mind the previous discussions, but it’s not materialised and currently doesn’t look likely. We are still trying to get the bus rolling again but we are not confident. A number of people have asked about it and I am sure it would be very popular but currently looking unlikely.

So now some better news. In addition to re-orders of the existing stock lines such as the embroidered bar scarf which was extremely popular the miniature cups are on the way and the rest of the key rings are also expected soon. There should be some glass wear coming in as well. The photo-book which will likely include previous rounds and comments from players is in the final stages of design. You may wonder why it’s not being printed or even in the shop by now but selecting the images would have been a heck of a task on it's own never mind getting quotes from key individuals who are no longer at Easter Road.

The DVD (No mention of Blue-ray and I forgot to ask, so apologies to the “BR” owners) will be launched in 2nd half of September. It will be double disk which will include the game (obviously) interviews with players and other individuals. This is what is taking up a fair bit of time but the production team are down south this week and next getting more interviews completed. There will be other bits and pieces on there too but probably better to buy it and see for yourself what’s all on there.

There are a few posters in the shop of different sizes but we are also looking to sort out a way for fans to be able to order photographs from the substantial library that the club has acquired rights to. It would be good though to get some feedback on whether you would look for framed prints or whether you would prefer to just get the photo and frame it yourself to match in with your existing décor?

There will be merchandise that’s not related to the cup win as well of course. Looking to get in items such as wallets to hold the season card and as our younger fans return to school soon the shops already stocked up with the usual must haves for going back.

Finally the adult home strip: The announcement from the club earlier in the week set out the position re the launch so there is no point in me repeating that. In the time I've been involved with the WT group and in particular with the work stream on merchandising I have never seen club officials so angry. They were obviously very careful not to say what they really wanted to say and to remain professional instead but they could not hide their frustration. As Twiglet mentioned in another thread, other clubs have also had similar problems with Northampton suffering more than most by the look of things and having to play in their away strip. I understand that to some degree we have been a victim of our own success. Nike have standard off the shelf kits and they have ones which the club have more say in the design of. As we sell a huge number of home strips we get to have a say in the design while the away strip is off the shelf so was available sooner.

Our next meeting will be in September when ideas for Christmas will be mulled over, any suggestions would as always be greatly appreciated. It would also be good to get 1 or 2 other people in the group to give us some fresh ideas so if you are interested in giving up a couple of hours every 6 to 8 weeks send me a pm.

31 lines of merchandise sounds good but when you look at whats available most of it is cheap tat like fridge magnets, pens and T-shirts. I guess I am/was looking for a bit more, something a bit original that I can keep. The photo book sounds good as does the glass wear and I really hope the DVD has Blu-ray as standard DVD's don't look as good anymore after living with HD for the last 7 or 8 years.

Glory Lurker
05-08-2016, 06:48 AM
Not been able to read that past the bad news about the Lego bus:boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:. I WANT MY BUS!!!!!

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2016, 06:50 AM
Wouldnt surprise me if the stuff had well done Hibs, Scottish cup winners 1902. :wink:

WhileTheChief..
05-08-2016, 06:52 AM
Meeting in September to discuss Christmas merchandise? Don't get your hopes up for a full stocking kids!

Probably be better discussing league winning merchandise - might give them time to get it sorted out :wink:

scoopyboy
05-08-2016, 07:03 AM

So now to some detail;

Any idea if the DVD has highlights of the previous rounds?

Twiglet
05-08-2016, 07:23 AM
Meeting in September to discuss Christmas merchandise? Don't get your hopes up for a full stocking kids!

Probably be better discussing league winning merchandise - might give them time to get it sorted out :wink:

The Christmas 2016 chat started at the beginning of the year so the groundwork has been laid. The next meeting is to go over things and finalise details of a couple of things. New ideas are always welcome though.

hibsforeurope
05-08-2016, 07:23 AM
Great update, much appreciated.

I think a green or black version of the nike cup winners polo shirt would be good, possibly with embroidered lettering rather than stuck on.

Was there any mention on the normal nike training/apparel range, did they say when more lines would be available?

hibee316
05-08-2016, 07:47 AM
We waited for 114 years for the cup. Looks like it could be the same for the merchandise.

In all seriousness, something like this should be the promotional tagline for SC merch that comes in late. Puts a bit of humour into it and might release a little of the tension/anger of fans which may have kept their wallets shut.

lyonhibs
05-08-2016, 07:55 AM
Nice update, but seriously "underestimating demand"??!!

It's been 114 years, and god knows it could be another 114 years before it happens again.

The demand from fans is more or less insatiable, and certainly is nowhere near being sated. Which divvy "underestimated" this particular wave, tsunami if you will, of demand?

Cup Final memorabilia of all shapes and sizes should have been bought in bulk, not drip, drip, drip as has happened. I appreciate there are probably various reasons why this hasn't/couldn't have happened as we would all wish, but underestimating demand should never have been one of them.

The probability of the club being left with "Hibernian FC - Scottish Cup Winners 2016" stock gathering dust on a backroom shelf somewhere was/is absolutely miniscule (although now higher than it was I'd say, given the time that has elapsed)

A shambles, all things considered.

Topographic Hibby
05-08-2016, 08:13 AM
Not been able to read that past the bad news about the Lego bus:boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:. I WANT MY BUS!!!!!

Me too!!! I've a young grandson and want to indoctrinate him in all things Lego.

...and Hibs!!!!

Edit. Thanks for the update AH

flash
05-08-2016, 08:19 AM
We waited 114 years to win the thing I can wait a few weeks for my DVD
Far rather it was done properly than rushed out.

California-Hibs
05-08-2016, 09:23 AM
Good update. I await the further Cup Final T-shirts that are on the way. Wanted to see ones that had 'Scottish Cup Champions' in proper big writing on the front and with good images from the day. I feel they would sell like hot cakes. Good to know all hope is not lost and that other stuff is on the way.

Truly has been a shambles though. As others have said, 114 years and we finally did it, what were they thinking releasing things in drips and drabs?!

Very much looking forward to the DVD. Hopefully a nice pre order will be available for a prompt delivery to those of us living in California ;)

Steve-O
05-08-2016, 09:33 AM
Is it really that hard to get:

Good photos (framed or not)
A bluray (this format is no longer new FFS)
Some decent COTTON polo shirts with an embroidered badge and Scottish Cup winners 2016 underneath
Some decent t-shirts

poolman
05-08-2016, 09:45 AM

I've just got the BBC as well and your 100% correct about thon plum McLeod, the amount of times he witters on about 1902 and 114 years like nobody knew it was a joke

😬

Geo_1875
05-08-2016, 10:40 AM
Good update. I await the further Cup Final T-shirts that are on the way. Wanted to see ones that had 'Scottish Cup Champions' in proper big writing on the front and with good images from the day. I feel they would sell like hot cakes. Good to know all hope is not lost and that other stuff is on the way.

Truly has been a shambles though. As others have said, 114 years and we finally did it, what were they thinking releasing things in drips and drabs?!

Very much looking forward to the DVD. Hopefully a nice pre order will be available for a prompt delivery to those of us living in California ;)

I'm pretty sure I read further up, probably in the OP, that "they" released stock when it was received from suppliers. Not the clubs fault if suppliers can't deliver on time.

nellio
05-08-2016, 10:55 AM
Really hope there is a Blu-Ray. This isn't new technology blu-rays have been out for nearly 10 years now! With Sky and BBC broadcasting everything HD now I would have thought this would have been a no brainer!!

Onion
05-08-2016, 11:14 AM
Nice update, but seriously "underestimating demand"??!!

It's been 114 years, and god knows it could be another 114 years before it happens again.

The demand from fans is more or less insatiable, and certainly is nowhere near being sated. Which divvy "underestimated" this particular wave, tsunami if you will, of demand?

Cup Final memorabilia of all shapes and sizes should have been bought in bulk, not drip, drip, drip as has happened. I appreciate there are probably various reasons why this hasn't/couldn't have happened as we would all wish, but underestimating demand should never have been one of them.

The probability of the club being left with "Hibernian FC - Scottish Cup Winners 2016" stock gathering dust on a backroom shelf somewhere was/is absolutely miniscule (although now higher than it was I'd say, given the time that has elapsed)

A shambles, all things considered.

All of THIS. I'm just glad they haven't said "it's a lesson learned for the future". Scottish Cup Winners 2016 merchandising was a UNIQUE, ONCE IN A LIFETIME gift from God that Hibs have chucked away.

Northernhibee
05-08-2016, 11:18 AM
BBC commentary was far superior to the biased Sky commentary. Referring to Kenny Miller as just "Kenny" at times and the "disgraceful behaviour' line followed by Neil McCann afterwards looking gutted and only talking about the big bad Hibs fans.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2016, 11:20 AM
Any idea if the DVD has highlights of the previous rounds?

That's key for me.

Sprouleflyer
05-08-2016, 11:27 AM

While he messed up the goal commentary, I think his end of the game commentary is very good.

Yuillsy
05-08-2016, 11:30 AM
While he messed up the goal commentary, I think his end of the game commentary is very good.

I don't think I've seen the BBC version. I've watched the sky version about 6 million times though!!!

Bristolhibby
05-08-2016, 11:37 AM
Is it really that hard to get:

Good photos (framed or not)
A bluray (this format is no longer new FFS)
Some decent COTTON polo shirts with an embroidered badge and Scottish Cup winners 2016 underneath
Some decent t-shirts

A tie as well. Have got one from 1991, 2007 where's my 2016 Cup winners tie?

J

Swedish hibee
05-08-2016, 11:42 AM
BBC commentary was far superior to the biased Sky commentary. Referring to Kenny Miller as just "Kenny" at times and the "disgraceful behaviour' line followed by Neil McCann afterwards looking gutted and only talking about the big bad Hibs fans.

If you think the TV is bad.. Have you heard the Sportsound podcast yet???

Alex Trager
05-08-2016, 11:59 AM
Ladies and gentlemen you are witness to a moment of scottish sporting history

NAE NOOKIE
05-08-2016, 12:00 PM

The disgraceful behaviour line came from that bellend Andy Walker and to be fair McCann's pus is always tripping him.

To be honest I thought the SKY commentator ( don't know his name ) was excellent, even if he did call Miller 'Kenny' ....... Its not the first time I've heard this guy commentate on Hibs matches, in fact I think it was him who said the Hibs fans would be going 'radge' after Forster's disallowed goal at Tynecastle a few years back ...... which if nothing else shows he does his research :greengrin

His 'Liam Henderson to delivaaaaaaaahhhh' bit was delivered by him as brilliantly as Hendo's corner was and his 'what kept you Hibs' line was great too. I also liked his line about 'you couldn't make up Hibernian football club sometimes' ......... I don't know about anybody else, but I get the feeling from him that he has a bit of a soft spot for us.

As for the BBC Scotland coverage .... as so many have said the commentator made an utter dock of what he surely should have recognised was a hugely significant part of the game.

No offence to the lads on Hibs TV but to me the main guy sounds like an out of control Dalek when he gets excited .... If its a 3 way fight between Hibs TV, the BBC and SKY ... I know which one I would want on the DVD.

007 Mickey Weir
05-08-2016, 12:07 PM

So now to some detail;

Thanks for the detailed update!!

Craig_HFC
05-08-2016, 12:16 PM
The disgraceful behaviour line came from that bellend Andy Walker and to be fair McCann's pus is always tripping him.

To be honest I thought the SKY commentator ( don't know his name ) was excellent, even if he did call Miller 'Kenny' ....... Its not the first time I've heard this guy commentate on Hibs matches, in fact I think it was him who said the Hibs fans would be going 'radge' after Forster's disallowed goal at Tynecastle a few years back ...... which if nothing else shows he does his research :greengrin

His 'Liam Henderson to delivaaaaaaaahhhh' bit was delivered by him as brilliantly as Hendo's corner was and his 'what kept you Hibs' line was great too. I also liked his line about 'you couldn't make up Hibernian football club sometimes' ......... I don't know about anybody else, but I get the feeling from him that he has a bit of a soft spot for us.

As for the BBC Scotland coverage .... as so many have said the commentator made an utter dock of what he surely should have recognised was a hugely significant part of the game.

No offence to the lads on Hibs TV but to me the main guy sounds like an out of control Dalek when he gets excited .... If its a 3 way fight between Hibs TV, the BBC and SKY ... I know which one I would want on the DVD.

Ian Crocker. I also enjoyed his 'at last, at last, at last' when we lifted the trophy.

He commentated on 6-2 as well.

Alex Trager
05-08-2016, 12:16 PM

Andy Walker is the sky Commentator.... And it was him who said surely hibs cant hibs it

Northernhibee
05-08-2016, 12:19 PM
The highlight was the BBC highlights that evening - I rushed back to Dundee after to see my dad who had just come out of hospital and couldn't make it. We drank a bottle of champagne and watched the analysis from a clearly emotional Pat Nevin and the unhappiest looking Terry Butcher. Great to see his miserable puss on that occasion.

NAE NOOKIE
05-08-2016, 12:40 PM
Andy Walker is the sky Commentator.... And it was him who said surely hibs cant hibs it

Well no ...... the commentator is the guy who describes the game, the likes of Walker are at best co commentators .... a bit like on a long haul plane flight where the co pilot takes over when the Captain goes to the bog and pokes him now and again to make sure he's awake :greengrin

Walker is so bad that he couldn't even make Sevco's second goal sound exciting, in spite of the fact that no matter who you support it couldn't be described as anything other than a cracker ...... Its a testament to Ian Crocker ( thanks Craig HFC ) that I would still want Hibs to use the SKY coverage on the DVD in spite of Walkers inane ramblings ... perhaps we could edit him out :greengrin

Alex Trager
05-08-2016, 12:42 PM
Well no ...... the commentator is the guy who describes the game, the likes of Walker are at best co commentators .... a bit like on a long haul plane flight where the co pilot takes over when the Captain goes to the bog and pokes him now and again to make sure he's awake :greengrin

Walker is so bad that he couldn't even make Sevco's second goal sound exciting, in spite of the fact that no matter who you support it couldn't be described as anything other than a cracker ...... Its a testament to Ian Crocker ( thanks Craig HFC ) that I would still want Hibs to use the SKY coverage on the DVD in spite of Walkers inane ramblings ... perhaps we could edit him out :greengrin

I thought walker was the guy who was the sky commentator. I.e. The guy who coined Henderson to deliver.

And the same guy that said are Hibs about to Hibs this.

BoomtownHibees
05-08-2016, 12:45 PM
I thought walker was the guy who was the sky commentator. I.e. The guy who coined Henderson to deliver.

And the same guy that said are Hibs about to Hibs this.

Na, Walker as in Andy Walker the ex Hibs player, was the co-commentator

Alex Trager
05-08-2016, 12:46 PM
Na, Walker as in Andy Walker the ex Hibs player, was the co-commentator

Aw I see.

Well I take back everything I've ever said about the main guy whatever his name is

Alex Trager
05-08-2016, 12:48 PM
Mind you the sky guy does go on about hibsing it so he's a tool :)

SteveHFC
05-08-2016, 02:25 PM
Ladies and gentlemen you are witness to a moment of scottish sporting history

His commentary after the FT whistle is amazing.

hibee62
05-08-2016, 05:19 PM
Just been down to get one of the green polo shirts. The 'Scottish cup winners' writing beneath the badge is now properly embroidered rather than printed like the last batch. Really nice!

Kojock
05-08-2016, 05:30 PM
I have a Betamax video recorder, is there any possibility that Hibs will consider this format.

Danderhall Hibs
05-08-2016, 05:31 PM
Just been down to get one of the green polo shirts. The 'Scottish cup winners' writing beneath the badge is now properly embroidered rather than printed like the last batch. Really nice!

That'll be the 32nd line of stock then!

Danderhall Hibs
05-08-2016, 05:34 PM
A tie as well. Have got one from 1991, 2007 where's my 2016 Cup winners tie?

J

Boy in the shop told me this was in its way - they've managed to "track down" where the playing staff sourced it from and are getting a branded set made. Apparently the players done it themselves and don't tell anyone.

I assume that was cos they knew there wasn't a hope in hell that the club shop could get the order done in time.

Keith_M
05-08-2016, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the feedback and to everybody involved on their hard work.

I'm also surprised that there have been 31 types of Cuo Final memorabilia in stock. Everybody I know that has been in the club shop has left disappointed.

The biggest issue, though, is the lack of clothing items. There are no strips on sale from last season and no home strips from this. There should have been a massive range of things like T-Shirts. AFAIK, there has only been one kind, which many found uninspiring.

hibee62
05-08-2016, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the feedback and to everybody involved on their hard work.

I'm also surprised that there have been 31 types of Cuo Final memorabilia in stock. Everybody I know that has been in the club shop has left disappointed.

The biggest issue, though, is the lack of clothing items. There are no strips on sale from last season and no home strips from this. There should have been a massive range of things like T-Shirts. AFAIK, there has only been one kind, which many found uninspiring.

In the shop today there was a couple of t-shirts that I don't think are online. One with gray celebrating and one for Lewis Stevenson (double cup winner).

Keith_M
05-08-2016, 06:16 PM
In the shop today there was a couple of t-shirts that I don't think are online. One with gray celebrating and one for Lewis Stevenson (double cup winner).

Cheers, I'll see if I can get my dad to pop in for a couple.

Steve-O
05-08-2016, 10:52 PM
The Sky commentary is spoiled by Walker launching furiously into a tirade about the DISGRACEFUL Hibs fans. The BBC coverage is actually a lot better during the pitch invasion.

matty_f
05-08-2016, 11:03 PM
Really hope there is a Blu-Ray. This isn't new technology blu-rays have been out for nearly 10 years now! With Sky and BBC broadcasting everything HD now I would have thought this would have been a no brainer!!

:agree:

matty_f
05-08-2016, 11:07 PM
Mind you the sky guy does go on about hibsing it so he's a tool :)

Sure he says right after mentioning Hibsing it "not even they could do that" which is ridiculous given the origins of the phrase. If there was one team that could Hibs something it would have to be Hibs.

Fortunately for us it was The Rangers that Hibsed it, having watched their wee brothers from Gorgie Hibs it in an earlier round.

Highland_Hibee
05-08-2016, 11:23 PM
Ian Crocker. I also enjoyed his 'at last, at last, at last' when we lifted the trophy.

He commentated on 6-2 as well.

He seems to follow us for some of our greatest moments and he definitely at least sympathies with our somewhat checkered history.

"Ohh to be a Hibs fan, what you go through, time and time again."