PDA

View Full Version : Brondby Just Made Our Preseason Look Even More Impressive

Dashing Bob S
04-08-2016, 08:55 PM
...by slamming Hertha Berlin to reach the group stages of the Europa.

We might have to accept we're a decent team and tear up that League now.

MWHIBBIES
04-08-2016, 08:57 PM
Nope. I want 11 more signings and a Scottish Cup DVD or I'm burning my season ticket.

Billy Whizz
04-08-2016, 08:59 PM

They've still got a round to go, before the group stages, but well done nevertheless

B.H.F.C
04-08-2016, 08:59 PM

They've still got another round to go before the groups.

Mr White
04-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Brondby didn't perform well at easter road but their only defeats in 9 competitive games this season have been to us and Hertha Berlin. We're the only team they've lost to at home.

Maybe, just maybe, part of the explanation for their performance at easter road is that we stopped them playing to their potential because (shock horror to some) we're actually a pretty decent side ourselves despite the lack of additions to the squad so far this transfer window.

Dashing Bob S
04-08-2016, 09:08 PM
They've still got another round to go before the groups.

FFS, what a joke of a tournament. The Scottish Challenge Cup on its holidays. Glad we're out.

Sir David Gray
04-08-2016, 09:09 PM
Excellent result for them.

Definitely makes our result against them seem very impressive.

dp00
04-08-2016, 09:19 PM
Brondby didn't perform well at easter road but their only defeats in 9 competitive games this season have been to us and Hertha Berlin. We're the only team they've lost to at home.

Maybe, just maybe, part of the explanation for their performance at easter road is that we stopped them playing to their potential because (shock horror to some) we're actually a pretty decent side ourselves despite the lack of additions to the squad so far this transfer window.

Too much sensible talk in this post .... You'll need to delete it [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JOD
05-08-2016, 12:58 PM
I see they have drawn Panathinaikos. Can't make my mind up about wanting them to progress further or not ????

Suppose further they go the better our win over there looks !!!!!!!!!

NAE NOOKIE
05-08-2016, 01:20 PM
Its always a bit of a joke thing in football ... you know the theory .. if X beats Y and we beat X then we are by default better than Y :greengrin

But having said that, we played Brondby twice and at no time did they look like a team who were better than us .... I for one wouldn't have put a bad penny on them beating the likes of Hertha Berlin, but perhaps that is based on giving Hibs less credit than they were due for the way they performed over both legs.

We will find out on Saturday ..... if we can come away from Falkirk with a good result then perhaps the truth of the matter is that we are a better team than last season, and if that's true we will be back in the Premiership at the end of this season.

Jesper
05-08-2016, 02:52 PM
Hibernian have been my favorite team in Scotland since 2006. I brought alot of Hibs merchandise back then. :D So it was special for me back then when you met OB (Odense Boldklub) and now also Brøndby. As a FC Copenhagen fan and also to some limit a Hibernian fan, and danish person, I had really dilemma of who to support in the match. Brøndby IF is arch rivals of FC Copenhagen, and I like Hibs, but at the other side, I am danish person, and points to Denmark is good. :) So I guess it was okay that you both ended up winning one match each. :D

I think Hibs played very well, and was pretty unlucky. If you show that play in the league, you will for sure win and get promoted.. I believe that will happen, and I hope it will happen. Hibernian is not bad team, I remember back in 2007 I think it was, when you won the cup.. and now you have won a cup again, and another final.

You also have a team with players who have played here long, former Hibs talent, who still plays here, including some new young talent.

You can be proud of your preseason so far, because you were equal to Brøndby who plays in the top danish league (which I think is better than the scottish premier league, sorry :P), and that just beat Hertha Berlin, and the danish league started early, so Brøndby were in better match condition.

But you have to take into account that Brøndby have had alot of trouble in recent years, specially behind the club (in the staff, director of sports, coaches, chairman, etc), and Brøndby just got a new manager this summer, who have to implement a whole new playing style to the club. And Brøndby is also a very young team. So although I was very pleasant, and Hibs did extremely well against Brøndby, Brøndby haven't peaked yet, but they will.. I just hope they don't become too good for my team FC Copenhagen. :D

Skyegreen
05-08-2016, 03:00 PM

I was at the home game against them and thought they were very poor. This result is a big shock tbf. Good luck to them though 👍

ACLeith
05-08-2016, 07:08 PM
I was at the home game against them and thought they were very poor. This result is a big shock tbf. Good luck to them though 👍
I accept they didn't have anyone with a "wow" factor but they hunted us in packs all over the pitch and didn't give us any meaningful time on the ball. That doesn't make them "poor" but a team who play to their strengths.

We can't say the wrongly disallowed goal cost us the tie as the second leg could well have been different going into it 1-1. But we can say we showed we were the equal over 210 minutes of a team who are still progressing in Europe, be interesting to see how far they get.

How do you think they would do if they were in our league?

lord bunberry
06-08-2016, 12:30 AM
Get your money on them to win their league this season. Every time we get a team in Europe , they end up in the champions league pretty soon, or failing that they go on a huge run in the Europa league,