PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Mallan

AlbertK86
03-08-2016, 06:33 PM
Hibs in for Mallan

Brian McLauchlin BBC Sport Scotland Posted at 18:39 BBC Scotland has learned Hibernian are interested in signing St Mirren midfielder Stephen Mallan. The 20-year-old still has two years left on his current deal with the Paisley club and Dundee recently had a bid in the region of £75,000 turned down. Mallan made his debut for the Buddies in November 2014 and has scored 18 goals in 66 appearances for the club. It's on the Celtic V Astana live updates on BBC Sport Scotland page Mallan made his debut for the Buddies in November 2014 and has scored 18 goals in 66 appearances for the club.

Wheat Hound
03-08-2016, 06:35 PM
Now that's more like it!

The Captain....
03-08-2016, 06:37 PM
He's caught the eye a couple of times when playing for St Mirren. If we can get him and he's as good as SJM (all be it a totally different player) we'll be doing well.

I wonder if the Commons approach has been shelved now - was an ambitious move but Id not be to bothered if he didnt sign as long as we get Hendo.

Keyser Sauzee
03-08-2016, 06:37 PM
Does he play wide or more central? I like him, he scores a few goals from midfield aswell. If hes more of a central midfielder then im not sure hes exactly hate need just now?

Ozyhibby
03-08-2016, 06:39 PM
Would be a great bit of business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
03-08-2016, 06:41 PM
Cracking player.

Would be delighted if this was true.

bingo70
03-08-2016, 06:43 PM
Does he play wide or more central? I like him, he scores a few goals from midfield aswell. If hes more of a central midfielder then im not sure hes exactly hate need just now?

I had it in my head he's more of a wide player although maybe not one that's likely to hold the touch line if that makes sense

Vault Boy
03-08-2016, 06:44 PM
Would be an excellent signing IMO.

IrnBru22
03-08-2016, 06:45 PM
https://youtube.com/watch?v=7zNnAS9ScSM

Spike Mandela
03-08-2016, 06:48 PM
Mallan could go on a goal scoring 'streak':wink:................one for our older readers.:greengrin

snooky
03-08-2016, 06:50 PM

Cracking goal with deft touches too.
A class act if that's his norm :wink:

Gordy M
03-08-2016, 06:51 PM
I had it in my head he's more of a wide player although maybe not one that's likely to hold the touch line if that makes sense

Had a look at the St mirren forum...appears he can play anywhere across the midfield but they seem to think his best position might be in behind the strikers.

Lee Marvin
03-08-2016, 06:53 PM
Had a look at the St mirren forum...appears he can play anywhere across the midfield but they seem to think his best position might be in behind the strikers.

If this has legs, can't see us signing both him and Hendo. Sound like very similar players

bingo70
03-08-2016, 06:59 PM
If this has legs, can't see us signing both him and Hendo. Sound like very similar players

Also very similar to Carmichael and possibly Stanton and Harris.

If we were to lose a couple of them and be replaced by Henderson and Malling we'd be in a very good position.

Frogga
03-08-2016, 07:01 PM
He's a CM on Football Manager. I actually signed him for Hibs in my game.

He scored a free kick against us at ER last season.

Lee Marvin
Also very similar to Carmichael and possibly Stanton and Harris.

If we were to lose a couple of them and be replaced by Henderson and Malling we'd be in a very good position.

Carmichael and Harris are out and out wingers though. Henderson certainly is not and neither is mallan. Really can't see us signing both. Hope I'm wrong

CRAZYHIBBY
Does he know how massive we are and how good our training centre is?

bigwheel
03-08-2016, 07:03 PM
Carmichael and Harris are out and out wingers though. Henderson certainly is not and neither is mallan. Really can't see us signing both. Hope I'm wrong

Carmichael is not a winger..only occasionally played there for QoS...Central midfielder...

Andy74
03-08-2016, 07:03 PM

Are they? They both hide it pretty well.

southsider
03-08-2016, 07:05 PM
And we are The Scottish Cup holders ?

Lee Marvin
03-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Carmichael is not a winger..only occasionally played there for QoS...Central midfielder...

He played right mid every time is seen him for QOTS. But I may be wrong that that is his preferred position

erin go bragh
03-08-2016, 07:09 PM

That looked very Latapy(ish) . Yes please :)

AlbertK86
03-08-2016, 07:10 PM
Mallan contracted to June 2018 so may cost a bit

Keyser Sauzee
03-08-2016, 07:12 PM

Carmichael is definitely more of a winger than central midfielder.

bingo70
03-08-2016, 07:14 PM
Mallan contracted to June 2018 so may cost a bit

They've got a 30% sell on clause for John Mcginn and looking how he's developing they may fancy a similar deal.

It shouldn't matter but playing for St Mirren he's only likely to ever be worth a fairly small amount, I think dundees bid of about £85k highlights that.

AlbertK86
03-08-2016, 07:14 PM

No sure ...Lennon has played him in both as did Queens

Keyser Sauzee
03-08-2016, 07:17 PM
No sure ...Lennon has played him in both as did Queens

He may have played there for both but he's played wide far more at QOS than central.

bigwheel
03-08-2016, 07:21 PM

Not his main position and certainly not his preferred position ....

Keyser Sauzee
03-08-2016, 07:25 PM
Not his main position and certainly not his preferred position ....

Where is his main position then, cause its certainly not centre midfield? It may well be his preferred position but its down to the manager where he plays

Lee Marvin
03-08-2016, 07:25 PM
The fact we can't agree what position one of our players plays highlights what a nightmare the lad had last year

bigwheel
03-08-2016, 07:28 PM
The fact we can't agree what position one of our players plays highlights what a nightmare the lad had last year

Agreed. Very unlucky. And in my view the odd occasion he has been fit he has done well...would like to see him being kept on - that said, if I was him I'd want some game time.

His main and preferred position is definitely one in from the wingback ...

bingo70
03-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Kenny Miller sun journalist has confirmed the story and that it would involve Stanton going the other way

West lower
03-08-2016, 07:32 PM
They've got a 30% sell on clause for John Mcginn and looking how he's developing they may fancy a similar deal.

It shouldn't matter but playing for St Mirren he's only likely to ever be worth a fairly small amount, I think dundees bid of about £85k highlights that.

I heard Chic Young ranting and raving about him, so let's get him signed up. Not because I value Chic Youngs judgement, just because it would p*** him right off if the lad joined Hibs.

I am still waiting on cheeky Chics apology for his rant after the cup final.

Apparently the boy can play also.

Onceinawhile
03-08-2016, 07:36 PM
Heard of him, but don't know much about him to be honest. Happy to trust the gaffer and those choosing the players.

Was desperate for Sam stanton to come good as well.

Greencore
03-08-2016, 07:37 PM
Stevie mallan for Stanton, okaaaaay!

AlbertK86
03-08-2016, 07:45 PM
I heard Chic Young ranting and raving about him, so let's get him signed up. Not because I value Chic Youngs judgement, just because it would p*** him right off if the lad joined Hibs. I am still waiting on cheeky Chics apology for his rant after the cup final. Apparently the boy can play also.

That would make it even better !!!

HibsNutter
03-08-2016, 07:47 PM
Okay so Mallan in for Stanton, Henderson in too and we've got ourselves an extremely strong squad. Would much prefer up and coming Mallan to an overweight Commons, too.

Incidentally, Stanton was also offered to Falkirk in a proposed swap deal with Vaulks last Summer.

Matty_Jack04
03-08-2016, 07:48 PM

Is this true bingo? Not arguing the point genuine question I was always under the impression we paid a compensation fee to st.mirren as McGinn was out of contract

Was really hoping the young boy Martin would get game time with us next year I think he looks a cracking wee player if hendo and Mallan come in suppose he'll be back out on loan

HibsNutter
03-08-2016, 07:54 PM
Is this true bingo? Not arguing the point genuine question I was always under the impression we paid a compensation fee to st.mirren as McGinn was out of contract

Was really hoping the young boy Martin would get game time with us next year I think he looks a cracking wee player if hendo and Mallan come in suppose he'll be back out on loan

Correct, we paid a development fee for McGinn, hence there is no sell-on percentage fee.

bingo70
03-08-2016, 07:58 PM
Correct, we paid a development fee for McGinn, hence there is no sell-on percentage fee.

St Mirren had a Q&A not long after he signed and their chairman announced it then.

We paid a development fee to stop it going to a tribunal, if their chairman is to be believed, part of the fee included a sell on clause.

Diclonius
03-08-2016, 08:04 PM
Football Manager (2015) says he is solely a centre mid. Not sure if we need any more of these? Would still be an excellent signing.

Wee Effen Bee
03-08-2016, 08:04 PM

A 30% sell on clause sounds an astronomical amount for team paying a 'development fee'. Like you MJ, not arguing but I'm sure I saw on Twitter, when we signed him, that 33% was quoted but another tweet suggested that the most St Mirren could bargain for/hope for would be around 15%.

Andy74
03-08-2016, 08:05 PM

We had to negotiate a compensation deal. A sell on fee could easily have been part of that.

Zazu62
03-08-2016, 08:10 PM
What does interested in signing mean .. Have we made a bid for the player or not?

ekhibee
03-08-2016, 08:16 PM
I've seen Mallan playing a few times, and he looks an excellent player and would be a great signing. The only thing is that he's St Mirren's best player IMO, I really don't think we'd get him on the cheap. I suppose if he's put in a transfer request then at least we'll know what they want for him, but I don't even know if he's done that or not. Could be his agent's just testing the water.

Jpdhfc
03-08-2016, 08:19 PM

Why would they have a sell on clause I thought McGinnis left them at the end of his countract

bingo70
03-08-2016, 08:22 PM
Why would they have a sell on clause I thought McGinnis left them at the end of his countract

If we didn't negotiate a deal they were happy with it would have gone to a tribunal which would have been a risk for all parties.

ancient hibee
03-08-2016, 08:22 PM
Now that we're a big club(multiple trophy winners)we can unsettle players at smaller clubs.

southsider
03-08-2016, 08:25 PM

We paid a developement fee for him as out of contract. Was bound for USA before Stubbs spoke him into joining Hibs

Andy74
03-08-2016, 08:25 PM

He was still an age where a fee was payable. St Mirren could have refused the transfer of the registration. If no deal was agreed it would have gone to a tribunal where you take your chances. Sell on fee could easily have been part of agreed fee.

Baw187
03-08-2016, 08:28 PM
We paid a developement fee for him as out of contract. Was bound for USA before Stubbs spoke him into joining Hibs

I forgot about the US thing! Why the Falkirk was he contemplating that move?!

Ronniekirk
03-08-2016, 08:50 PM
I've seen Mallan playing a few times, and he looks an excellent player and would be a great signing. The only thing is that he's St Mirren's best player IMO, I really don't think we'd get him on the cheap. I suppose if he's put in a transfer request then at least we'll know what they want for him, but I don't even know if he's done that or not. Could be his agent's just testing the water.

There would be a mutiny by Buddies if he was allowed to go He is i agree thier best player so thete is no way we will get him on the cheap
Think this will be one that we will need to persistent with and go back with increaded bids unless thier Manager vales Stanton as highly and i dont think thats likely
It will also alert other Clubs but lets see what happens
Not sure if Mcginn can be an influence in persuading him to come to us

J-C
03-08-2016, 08:50 PM
Football Manager (2015) says he is solely a centre mid. Not sure if we need any more of these? Would still be an excellent signing.

Stop looking at FM for players position etc, whoever does Celtic team has Henderson as a left footer, it has many mistakes on it.

Paloschi
03-08-2016, 08:56 PM
Every time I look at the thread title i think it says Steven Mulhern!!

eastmainsmsh
03-08-2016, 09:08 PM
His dad was a good player as well sign him up anaw 🚕

bingo70
03-08-2016, 09:18 PM
There would be a mutiny by Buddies if he was allowed to go He is i agree thier best player so thete is no way we will get him on the cheap
Think this will be one that we will need to persistent with and go back with increaded bids unless thier Manager vales Stanton as highly and i dont think thats likely
It will also alert other Clubs but lets see what happens
Not sure if Mcginn can be an influence in persuading him to come to us

Kenny Millar tweeted that we've been speaking to them for a while so hopefully we're quite far down the line already.

Eaststandee
03-08-2016, 09:34 PM
Did the fee for McGinn not go to McGinn himself because he was going to sue them for being speared by Thompson?

West lower
03-08-2016, 09:47 PM
If football manager says it , it must be true. God forbid a human would dare play him in another position. We wouldn't need managers. I once played subbuteo , and the left back ended up in washing machine. Wonder what football manager would make of that.

Big_Franck
03-08-2016, 09:58 PM
I've only seen Stevie Mallan play 3/4 times but he appears to be exactly what we need - a goalscoring midfielder. He's got a good touch and technique and he drifts past people with ease at times. He is a bit lightweight but playing alongside Bartley and McGinn that shouldn't be a problem. He'd be a good signing based on what I've seen of him.

Smartie
03-08-2016, 10:02 PM
I predicted on another thread that St Mirren would be our closest challengers, mainly because they have this lad.

I watched him quite closely a couple of times last season and thought he was superb.

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2016, 10:16 PM
Every time I look at the thread title i think it says Steven Mulhern!!

That's good but it's not right.

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-08-2016, 10:35 PM

Incorrect, unfortunately. We paid a development fee, however a sell on fee was also agreed as part of this.

Unseen work
03-08-2016, 10:39 PM
Interesting. Exactly the sort of signing we should be making imo.

initially got confused and mixed up thinking it was Paul McMullan who was at St Mirren and on loan from Celtic.

NAE NOOKIE
03-08-2016, 10:51 PM

I remember that goal from the time, what a cracker ..... these days I don't tend to pay a lot of attention to players on the other side at ER unless they really stand out, but this lad looks a good player.

Vault Boy
04-08-2016, 12:31 AM
He's not a 'CM' in the same sense that McGinn, Fyvie, Bartley and McGeouch are 'CMs.' Less dirty work, more goal getting. Can see him playing behind the strikers or out wide as an advanced midfielder if he does sign. Really hope this happens, rate him highly.

Dashing Bob S
04-08-2016, 01:30 AM
I'm working on my ST MIRREN - HIBERIAN'S FEEDER CLUB SINCE 1877 banner already.

IanM
04-08-2016, 04:03 AM
You can call me Mal

https://youtu.be/J7rG-oyEjGw

Some crackers

Matty_Jack04
04-08-2016, 05:20 AM
We had to negotiate a compensation deal. A sell on fee could easily have been part of that.

Wasnt saying it couldn't, just that this is the first time I've heard of it and it seems pretty big, I remember it being branded About the compo due was around 150k as he was looking for a club in USA etc and I also remember seeing that hibs paid 6 figures so 30% seemed high

Velma Dinkley
04-08-2016, 05:38 AM
If we didn't negotiate a deal they were happy with it would have gone to a tribunal which would have been a risk for all parties.

We were able to get a favourable deal because McGinn agreed to drop his legal action against the club regarding loss of earnings following being stabbed in the leg by the St Mirren club captain.

Hibby Kay-Yay
04-08-2016, 06:41 AM
I'm working on my ST MIRREN - HIBERIAN'S FEEDER CLUB SINCE 1877 banner already.

:greengrin

JDHibs
04-08-2016, 07:35 AM
From what im hearing we are going for BOTH Mallan and Hendo. Shows great ambition if true!

No talks have taken place with St Mirren but there is an interest there. Cash plus Stanton would be what we would push for which makes sense. Although our central midfield is easily the strongest part of our squad with Fyvie, McGinn, McGeough, Bartley and Martin, add in they too thats 7 bodies fighting for 2 positions. Id say it could mean Fyvie/Martin are loaned out.

Scouse Hibee
04-08-2016, 07:43 AM
From what im hearing we are going for BOTH Mallan and Hendo. Shows great ambition if true!

No talks have taken place with St Mirren but there is an interest there. Cash plus Stanton would be what we would push for which makes sense. Although our central midfield is easily the strongest part of our squad with Fyvie, McGinn, McGeough, Bartley and Martin, add in they too thats 7 bodies fighting for 2 positions. Id say it could mean Fyvie/Martin are loaned out.

Fyvie is a massive part of our squad, surely no chance he will be loaned out.

oneone73
04-08-2016, 07:45 AM

Agreed. Plus he's in his last year is he not?

JDHibs
04-08-2016, 07:46 AM
I know mate. Our form dived last season when he got injured.

Just trying to think where we would fit all these CMs lol. McGinns been playing wide left which isnt great for him.

So was just speculating who could possibly be moved on...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Baw187
04-08-2016, 07:53 AM
Stevie Mallan would be good but can't see St Mirren letting him go on the cheap when no doubt other clubs will be interested.

lucky
04-08-2016, 08:02 AM
A

You've just made all that up. Wild speculation. FF starts when fit an way before MB.

GordonHFC
04-08-2016, 08:06 AM
You've just made all that up. Wild speculation. FF starts when fit an way before MB.

Trev just said he was speculating.

JDHibs
04-08-2016, 08:11 AM
Learn to read all before you comment. Just stated i was speculating who could move on.

Carheenlea
04-08-2016, 08:15 AM
Fyvie is one of the best players at ER - never in a million years will Neil Lennon loan him out.

andrew70
04-08-2016, 08:19 AM
I know mate. Our form dived last season when he got injured.

Just trying to think where we would fit all these CMs lol. McGinns been playing wide left which isnt great for him.

So was just speculating who could possibly be moved on...

We may well go 352 meaning we'll need three each week. Certainly lots of permutations but ones that we need. Plus fringe players will leave.

CapitalGreen
04-08-2016, 08:32 AM
McGeough, Fyvie and Bartley all spent periods out last season. Henderson and McGinn were both ran into the ground through lack of rest. On two occasions during pre-season we have had to push Hanlon into Midfield.

Matty_Jack04
04-08-2016, 08:38 AM
McGeough, Fyvie and Bartley all spent periods out last season. Henderson and McGinn were both ran into the ground through lack of rest. On two occasions during pre-season we have had to push Hanlon into Midfield.

Stubbs also toyed with Hanlon in midfield last pre season

Hibbyradge
04-08-2016, 08:54 AM
he's caught the eye a couple of times when playing for st mirren. If we can get him and he's as good as sjm (all be it a totally different player) we'll be doing well.

I wonder if the commons approach has been shelved now - was an ambitious move but id not be to bothered if he didnt sign as long as we get hendo.

Please remind me, who is SJM?

BoomtownHibees
04-08-2016, 08:57 AM
Please rekind me, who is SJM?

I just don't think you understand

Hibbyradge
04-08-2016, 08:58 AM
I just don't think you understand

Thank you. :thumbsup:

Ozyhibby
04-08-2016, 09:01 AM
I would not worry about where he will fit in. It's rare that all our midfield are fit at the same time. If we get him it will be Stanton and Handling who make way. Let's just hope we get him.

monktonharp
04-08-2016, 09:46 AM
Mallan is an exiting prospect for our midfield in any position in a 5. just watched some of his goals, and he battles like Mc Ginn to make space for himself. would be a great asset and a player that can replace Mc Ginn if injured,loses form at any point. Mc Ginn was almost run into the ground last season as a previous poster mentioned.

Lago
04-08-2016, 10:02 AM
Trev just said he was speculating.

More likely fantasizing.

H18 SFR
04-08-2016, 10:30 AM
Just checking, will we have the funds to pay a transfer fee? I'm thinking 100K+?

Ozyhibby
04-08-2016, 10:38 AM
Just checking, will we have the funds to pay a transfer fee? I'm thinking 100K+?

I would say so, the club will have made at least £1m from the two cup runs. The extra season tickets sold probably brought in another £800k, HSL is chipping in about £22k a month and the last share issue brought in £400k.
All those figure are estimates but they would all be close I think.

Betty Boop
04-08-2016, 10:57 AM
Why would they sell to one of their rivals ?

Kato
04-08-2016, 11:04 AM

For money.

dchibs
04-08-2016, 12:22 PM
I would say so, the club will have made at least £1m from the two cup runs. The extra season tickets sold probably brought in another £800k, HSL is chipping in about £22k a month and the last share issue brought in £400k.
All those figure are estimates but they would all be close I think.

Did we get a fee when Stubbs moved on.

Hibee87
04-08-2016, 12:25 PM

My Thoughts as well.....he could be worth a lot of money to them, in terms of gaining pomotion and sell on. He has 2 years left on his contract? whos to say he wont have another great season and have some bigger clubs down south sniffing at 500 - 750 k in a years time?

even to sell him now realistically I cant see us paying more than 200k (and thats at the very top end of what I think we could spend on a player). It just wouldnt make sense, and I am sure their fans would make that known.

I dont think St mirren are desperate for money, at least not selling one of there more sellable assests for such a low price

worcesterhibby
04-08-2016, 12:27 PM
My Thoughts as well.....he could be worth a lot of money to them, in terms of gaining pomotion and sell on. He has 2 years left on his contract? whos to say he wont have another great season and have some bigger clubs down south sniffing at 500 - 750 k in a years time?

even to sell him now realistically I cant see us paying more than 200k (and thats at the very top end of what I think we could spend on a player). It just wouldnt make sense, and I am sure their fans would make that known.

I dont think St mirren are desperate for money, at least not selling one of there more sellable assests for such a low price

We just need him to come out and say he is desperate to play for us... a hit like Scott Allan ! :greengrin

erin go bragh
04-08-2016, 12:32 PM

We're hardly their rivals . They imo will be lucky if they make the top six .
They are skint and need the money .

GloryGlory

They have recently gone through a fan buy-out. I don't know what the composition of their board is, but if it is more fans than business types they'll probably be less inclined to sell a player.

However, since the business types usually guarantee funds to the bank which the fans generally cannot do, maybe the bank will have a say as well.

Who knows, but every player in world football has a price at the end of the day?

Brightside
think this is more a case of "players on the list" rather than we've made an approach.

bruno
04-08-2016, 12:34 PM
We just need him to come out and say he is desperate to play for us... a hit like Scott Allan ! :greengrin

A hit

I guess you meant the h to be a t, or a b, or you missed out an s at the start

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-08-2016, 12:39 PM
Harris & Stanton plus 25-50k

SouthMoroccoStu
04-08-2016, 12:41 PM
Harris & Stanton plus 25-50k

Steady on

Hibs won't swap both Harris and Stanton with cash

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2016, 12:53 PM
I just cant see St Mirren parting with him for less than £200,000 .... perhaps less if we offered Stanton too. But he looks a player and there has to be interest from other clubs, lets not forget Super JM almost went to MLS before we stepped in.

As for loaning out Fyvie .... not in a million years, he looked in really good form in the Motherwell friendly and was probably the best player on the park before going off injured, the guy is a vital cog in the Hibs machine as far as I'm concerned.

Michael
04-08-2016, 01:08 PM
Steady on

Would be a good deal for Hibs, no way St. Mirren would be interested in it though.

Jim44
04-08-2016, 01:16 PM
I must say that I'm a bit surprised that St Mirren might be willing to let their most serious opponents for promotion have their best player. Are they strapped for cash?

we are hibs
04-08-2016, 01:17 PM
Steady on

Why not? Neither are important members of the squad.

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2016, 01:46 PM
I must say that I'm a bit surprised that St Mirren might be willing to let their most serious opponents for promotion have their best player. Are they strapped for cash?

Everybody is strapped for cash mate. St Mirren not least amongst them I would imagine, their crowds are pitiful and with the telly taking a back seat from the Championship this season and big away supports from Sevco wreaking their havoc elsewhere I would imagine they would be looking to cash in on any assets they have ..... given the overall weakness of their squad I would imagine a decent player like Stanton or Harris or both would be a bit of a carrot if cash was on offer too.

Though if I was them I wouldn't bite on such a deal unless Stanton/Harris were cleared to play for them against us.

staunchhibby
04-08-2016, 01:47 PM
Find that statement difficult to believe.Both players have played there part in pre season games where they have played well.Seen others in pre season who were no great shakes.Do not see them being castigated.

brog
04-08-2016, 01:51 PM

They did it last season. I posted earlier that they may not want us returning to the same well so soon but Saints are poorer this season than last & have no Sevco games to include in their budget. I believe Saints target this year will be play offs, I don't think our strength will necessarily impact on that target.

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2016, 01:53 PM
Find that statement difficult to believe.Both players have played there part in pre season games where they have played well.Seen others in pre season who were no great shakes.Do not see them being castigated.

I don't think its a case of that mate. But football is a harsh business and if you can swap two players who have both failed to break into the first team for at least 4 seasons for one who looks like he could be a real asset and has proven that for his current club already you would be barmy not to consider all your options.

Winston Ingram
04-08-2016, 02:15 PM
I just cant see St Mirren parting with him for less than £200,000 .... perhaps less if we offered Stanton too. But he looks a player and there has to be interest from other clubs, lets not forget Super JM almost went to MLS before we stepped in.

As for loaning out Fyvie .... not in a million years, he looked in really good form in the Motherwell friendly and was probably the best player on the park before going off injured, the guy is a vital cog in the Hibs machine as far as I'm concerned.

They took £250k for Kenny McLean when they were in a far more comfortable position than they are now.

J-C
04-08-2016, 04:07 PM
Apart from a journo mentioning this, does anyone have any info on this or is this all pure speculation, I really can't see St Mirren letting this lad go right now.

AlbertK86
04-08-2016, 04:12 PM
Apart from a journo mentioning this, does anyone have any info on this or is this all pure speculation, I really can't see St Mirren letting this lad go right now.

If it was just that tube Brian McLaughlin I would be sceptical but with Kenny Millar from the Sun who is usually spot on about Hibs confirming same I would think there is some sort of interest

truehibernian
04-08-2016, 04:18 PM
Did we get a fee from Southend for Oxley ?

Baw187
04-08-2016, 04:37 PM
If it was just that tube Brian McLaughlin I would be sceptical but with Kenny Millar from the Sun who is usually spot on about Hibs confirming same I would think there is some sort of interest

Kenny Miller replied to my scepticism on Twitter over this by saying that he was simply a player on Hibs radar along with others.

Baw187
04-08-2016, 04:38 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/501b0b229932a84399c8990db946ea19.png

Itsnoteasy
04-08-2016, 08:00 PM
On the news tonight NL stated that is purely speculation

Jim44
04-08-2016, 08:34 PM

............ which means, to me, that we have approached St Mirren. If we hadn't approached them, why say it's speculation? He should have simply said we have not enquired about him.

bingo70
04-08-2016, 08:34 PM

Speculation can still be true though. All he's done there is refused to confirm it, which is what I'd expect from him.

IMO we are interested but probably nowhere near a deal yet which is why he's playing it down.

GloryGlory
05-08-2016, 06:06 AM
Speculation can still be true though. All he's done there is refused to confirm it, which is what I'd expect from him.

IMO we are interested but probably nowhere near a deal yet which is why he's playing it down.

I think it is more a player we like and are keeping tabs on, rather than a priority in this transfer window. Never say never, though I suspect there are other players we are pursuing more actively.

Pedantic_Hibee
05-08-2016, 06:45 AM
Lennon personally singled out Fyvie for praise a couple of weeks back so I'd be amazed if he left.

Aldo
05-08-2016, 06:51 AM
Fyvie is a fantastic player IMHO!!

As for Mallan. St Mirren sell get cash plus player (s). They sell him and they are potentially able to get in 2 or 3 players.

pacorosssco
05-08-2016, 08:08 AM
Lennon personally singled out Fyvie for praise a couple of weeks back so I'd be amazed if he left.

Plus he is his son