PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Dobie

Delboy4
03-08-2016, 05:43 PM
Just signed for QOS

HibsNutter
03-08-2016, 05:52 PM
He can take points off Falkirk and Dundee United etc then.

AlbertK86
03-08-2016, 05:53 PM
Back where he started !!

bigwheel
03-08-2016, 05:54 PM
good signing for them...would have been happy to have him in with us

Lancs Harp
03-08-2016, 05:56 PM
Back where he started !!

Didn't he play for Hibs before he played for QoS?

MWHIBBIES
03-08-2016, 05:58 PM
Didn't he play for Hibs before he played for QoS?Played for Rangers before Hibs as well.

Keyser Sauzee
03-08-2016, 05:59 PM
Quite an impressive signing tbh, he'll do well this season.

Cod Boy
03-08-2016, 06:02 PM
Couldn't cut it in league one with Fleetwood

Lancs Harp
03-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Having seen Dobs on numerous occasions (with Blackpool, the club I think he has played the most games for after QoS) he was an eternal bench warmer in England, his work rate just isnt good enough but the lad has undoubted talent and was used by numerous clubs as an impact player from the bench. Part of Blackpools rise to the Premier league and fondly thought of by Seasiders.

brog
03-08-2016, 06:14 PM
Quite an impressive signing tbh, he'll do well this season.

I'm not sure. He's still an intelligent footballer with great feet but he was never quick & he's lost what little pace he had. I saw him a couple of times in recent years with Palace & Brighton & the game just passed him by.

Keyser Sauzee
03-08-2016, 06:20 PM
I'm not sure. He's still an intelligent footballer with great feet but he was never quick & he's lost what little pace he had. I saw him a couple of times in recent years with Palace & Brighton & the game just passed him by.

True he has never been the quickest but ability wise he is more than good enough for this league and think he will be a big player for QOS this season, if he manages to stay fit that is.

Jonnyboy
03-08-2016, 06:24 PM
Will always have a special place in my football memories for the pass to GO'C in that Derby match :greengrin

Smartie
03-08-2016, 06:39 PM
Will always have a special place in my football memories for the pass to GO'C in that Derby match :greengrin

Good goal at Hampden in a semi for us too.

He strangely became a bit of a figure of fun, mainly for his rotund physique when he left Hibs.

When he left though he definitely took a step back to take a few steps forward and has had a decent career down South.

I'll always be quite fond of the Dobbmeister.

I think he'd have been a decent signing for us. Not as a 90 minute every week player but a handy chap to turn to if you need a goal late in a game.

Unseen work
03-08-2016, 10:46 PM
Great signing for them.

lennon obviously never thought we needed him however as he worked with him at Bolton and Dobbie expressed an interest in returning this season.

monktonharp
03-08-2016, 11:15 PM
good signing for them...would have been happy to have him in with usc'moan man. what age is he now? well past his best. had some fleeting moments(nae pun) but emptied from Fleetwood and he should be at ER? nah.

Hi Heid Yin
03-08-2016, 11:31 PM
c'moan man. what age is he now? well past his best. had some fleeting moments(nae pun) but emptied from Fleetwood and he should be at ER? nah.

I agree.

--------
03-08-2016, 11:36 PM

Oh yes. A pass like that covers all manner of sins.

I just hope he doesn't become another on the long list of former players who've come back to bite us ....

bigwheel
04-08-2016, 04:41 AM
c'moan man. what age is he now? well past his best. had some fleeting moments(nae pun) but emptied from Fleetwood and he should be at ER? nah.

33...he got "emptied" from Fleetwood, and went on loan to the championship with Bolton....has played at a level consistently higher than we are for the last 6+ years...I'm expecting him to do well for QoS....nap to score against us a few times....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2016, 06:03 AM
The boy has a great touch and an eye for a goal, but he cant run these days, he's gone back to how he was when he left sevco and he's much older now.

He wont score for fun in this league. :greengrin

Enough said
04-08-2016, 06:58 AM
good signing for them...would have been happy to have him in with us
Cringe

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-08-2016, 07:03 AM
When he went to QotS did he not go out on loan to another side? Maybe Dumbarton? Looked like that was the time he took a grip and knuckled down.

hibsbollah
04-08-2016, 07:12 AM
Always liked him. Carrying a few extra pounds and capable of extraordinary feats of skill. Very similar to me at fives.

mim
04-08-2016, 08:17 AM
When he went to QotS did he not go out on loan to another side? Maybe Dumbarton? Looked like that was the time he took a grip and knuckled down.

He was loaned to St Johnstone by Hibs, then signed for St Johnstone and was loaned to Dumbarton by them.
He then signed for QOS, before moving to England - Swansea etc.

heretoday
04-08-2016, 08:51 AM
He's done very well in his career considering he was always on the chubby side and slow.

Not our standard now though. Mind you I bet he scores against us at some point.

monktonharp
04-08-2016, 09:34 AM
He's done very well in his career considering he was always on the chubby side and slow.

Not our standard now though. Mind you I bet he scores against us at some point.OK, can we call him the new Nade? likely to get a goal against us, but we'll score more.:greengrin

bigwheel
29-04-2017, 03:39 PM
Cringe

:greengrin Just thought I'd bump this one....quite a few scoffed at the idea of Dobbie at Hibs this year - currently joint top league scorer with Cummings.

Would still be delighted to sign him for your squad next season.

keep the faith
29-04-2017, 03:45 PM
A few predictions he wouldn't score this year eh. Ooops!!

Hiber-nation
29-04-2017, 03:50 PM
Got 33/1 for him to be top scorer in the Championship when he signed .....hopefully Jase will get a rest next week!

Johnny Clash
29-04-2017, 03:51 PM
Always remember his late equaliser against Rangers at Hampden in the 2004 semi final after he came on as a sub. It took us into extra time then penalties which we won 4-3 after a mammoth effort. Celebrations at end were superb!

Then livi pumped us 2-0 in final and it was the longest journey back fi Hampden ever !!

renato
29-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Thought it last summer and same applies now - I think he'd be a great addition to our forward line and would have no problem performing in the top league. Good, classy player and vastly improved from when we had the raw version all those years ago.

Famous Fiver
29-04-2017, 07:33 PM
I'd have him in a heartbeat.

Player swap for Graham?

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-04-2017, 07:51 PM
Surprised we never went for him last summer tbh. Said it at the time. Better option than Graham when we'd already signed Holt as a target man