PDA

View Full Version : Andy Murray

Pages : [1] 2

Onion
03-08-2016, 05:21 PM
Is Andy the most famous Hibs supporter ever ?

Double Wimbledon Champion, Olympic Gold Medalist, captain of Davis Cup Winning team and now flag bearer for the British Olympic Team in Rio. Sir Andy only a matter of time ?

snooky
03-08-2016, 05:26 PM
Is Andy the most famous Hibs supporter ever ?

Double Wimbledon Champion, Olympic Gold Medalist, captain of Davis Cup Winning team and now flag bearer for the British Olympic Team in Rio. Sir Andy only a matter of time ?

E.T. steamrolls Andy re. fame surely.

Big L
03-08-2016, 05:51 PM
What an honour! Andy the Hibby to carry team GB Banner at the Olympics. That must be a first.

snooky
03-08-2016, 06:22 PM
What an honour! Andy the Hibby to carry team GB Banner at the Olympics. That must be a first.

Will there be a harp on it? :wink:

CropleyWasGod
03-08-2016, 06:32 PM
Jambo last time, Hibby this time ..... they're only being even-handed 😈

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

G B Young
03-08-2016, 07:08 PM

I see Andy himself has described it as "the biggest honour in sport". He's a great choice to lead out Team GB and hopefully he can help inspire them to great things.

GreenNWhiteArmy
03-08-2016, 07:17 PM
He should be carrying the Scottish Cup on with him. Let the world know

Mikey09
03-08-2016, 09:45 PM
Going to watch him at the O2 in November!! Cannae wait!! Anyone been to it?! Or seen him play in the flesh?

RoYO!
03-08-2016, 09:49 PM
Going to watch him at the O2 in November!! Cannae wait!! Anyone been to it?! Or seen him play in the flesh?

No, but going to that as well! Should be brilliant! First time I will have seen professional tennis in the flesh. We really should treasure this time whilst he's in his peak.

Greatest British sportsperson of all time.

Sir David Gray
03-08-2016, 09:50 PM

Never been to the O2 before but I have seen him play at Wimbledon quite a few times.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. :aok:

Mikey09
03-08-2016, 10:08 PM
No, but going to that as well! Should be brilliant! First time I will have seen professional tennis in the flesh. We really should treasure this time whilst he's in his peak.

This is is the reason I'm going. Love the lad to bits. His desire to win is incredible and to do it with guys like Djokovic, Nadal, Federer etc across the net is even more of a feat! Your right... Greatest British sportsman of all time. Sooooooooooooo looking forward to this!! Oh, and he's one of ours!! Will his brother be playing?

Mikey09
03-08-2016, 10:10 PM
Never been to the O2 before but I have seen him play at Wimbledon quite a few times.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. :aok:

How you go about getting tickets for Wimbers?!

Sir David Gray
03-08-2016, 10:30 PM
How you go about getting tickets for Wimbers?!

There's a public ballot which takes place every year. If you're successful, you could get a pair of tickets for any day of the tournament, for any of the show courts.

The application period is usually around September-December and from memory, they usually let you know around February/March time if you have been successful.

If you're a member of British Tennis, you can also enter their draw for tickets.

Sir David Gray
03-08-2016, 10:32 PM
This is is the reason I'm going. Love the lad to bits. His desire to win is incredible and to do it with guys like Djokovic, Nadal, Federer etc across the net is even more of a feat! Your right... Greatest British sportsman of all time. Sooooooooooooo looking forward to this!! Oh, and he's one of ours!! Will his brother be playing?

Jamie Murray will probably qualify to play in the doubles although he hasn't quite done enough yet to confirm his place.

RoYO!
03-08-2016, 10:34 PM

Yep he and Jamie are playing henman and monfils in the doubles.

Superb evening ahead! Wonder if he'll bring out the Wimbledon replica!! :D

G B Young
04-08-2016, 08:34 AM

Closer to home, the Davis Cup semi-final v Argentina has been confirmed for Glasgow. Both Murray brothers will be playing in that. There's always a cracking atmosphere but tickets were sold out in minutes last time.

Link here: https://www.lta.org.uk/daviscuptickets

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2016, 12:13 PM
Always been a wee bit disappointed that neither him or Jamie have turned up at ER to do the half time draw, though it was nice to see their mum at Hampden.

I was going to say that it would be cool, not to mention great publicity for Hibs, if he did a few practice sessions wearing a Hibs top, but I would imagine his contract with Under Armour would prevent that ...... in which case we know who our next kit supplier should be :greengrin

worcesterhibby
04-08-2016, 12:24 PM
I'm a huge Andy Murray fan, but I can't help thinking this honour should have gone to Nicola Adams. She is an amazing ambassador for sport and has chosen to stay Amateur just so she can compete at a 2nd olympics. Still will be amazing to see Andy carrying the flag. :thumbsup:

G B Young
06-08-2016, 10:34 AM
Tear in the eye watching Andy lead the team out last night. A great honour and you realise how much it means to him when he described carrying the flag as the highlight of his career, ahead of all his tournament wins. Always make me proud that he's a Hibs fan.

BoltonHibee
06-08-2016, 10:46 AM
Do you really think he meant it?carrying that piece of **** of a flag over winning Wimbledon or Davis Cup.... I doubt it.

Vini1875
06-08-2016, 10:47 AM
Most famous Hibby sportsman, not the most famous Hibby.

SunshineOnLeith
06-08-2016, 11:35 AM
Do you really think he meant it?carrying that piece of **** of a flag over winning Wimbledon or Davis Cup.... I doubt it.

Suspect he meant the honour of being selected rather than the physical act of waving a flag about.

Dashing Bob S
06-08-2016, 12:10 PM
Typical Hibs bias. I would have loved to have seen (genuinely) Peter Houston carrying the Olympic torch for team GB.

HibbyAndy
06-08-2016, 12:19 PM
When is Murray due to play his first match ?

BH Hibs
06-08-2016, 12:21 PM
Typical Hibs bias. I would have loved to have seen (genuinely) Peter Houston carrying the Olympic torch for team GB.

In his mouth or up his arse?

southsider
06-08-2016, 12:35 PM

Throw him a Hibs t-shirt

heretoday
06-08-2016, 12:47 PM

Careful now.

BoltonHibee
06-08-2016, 12:57 PM
Suspect he meant the honour of being selected rather than the physical act of waving a flag about.

Even so, surely winning those titles far outweighs being selected for that?

BoltonHibee
06-08-2016, 12:58 PM
Careful now.

I know.....

Jdawg
06-08-2016, 07:14 PM

Brilliant arena, even in the top row of seats. Still on top of the action. Generally o2 is a great visit too.

G B Young
06-08-2016, 08:16 PM

I don't think you can doubt he meant it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/36982188

When you're called upon to carry your country's flag in front of an audience of 3 billion ahead of the world's biggest sporting event it's a pretty big deal.

The Falcon
06-08-2016, 08:52 PM
Always been a wee bit disappointed that neither him or Jamie have turned up at ER to do the half time draw, though it was nice to see their mum at Hampden.

I was going to say that it would be cool, not to mention great publicity for Hibs, if he did a few practice sessions wearing a Hibs top, but I would imagine his contract with Under Armour would prevent that ...... in which case we know who our next kit supplier should be :greengrin

She is not a stranger at ER.

snooky
06-08-2016, 11:42 PM
:wink:

Finn2015
07-08-2016, 06:05 AM
Fancy a wee bet on him win gold and then follow it up with his 4th grand slam win in the US open

fulshie
07-08-2016, 10:05 AM
There's no question its an honour to carry the flag when entering an Olympic stadium during the opening ceremony but for me I think the last two flag bearers has a wee bit of politics behind them. 2yrs from the independence vote and we got Chris Hoy, defo a political statement at the time, and now two yrs after Andy Murray, a cemented political statement. Lets be honest! Tennis has no place in the Olympics along with a few other sports. Why was Jessica Ennis not given the flag. This is a gold medal winner who took time out to have a baby and still came back to be at the top of her sport. IMO Murray is being used as a political statement. At the same time I do not hold anything against Andy and most, if not all, would have excepted the honour.

jodjam
07-08-2016, 10:11 AM
Brilliant arena, even in the top row of seats. Still on top of the action. Generally o2 is a great visit too.

Been down a few times to watch Murray. Great atmosphere

Always buy cheap seats. First time down there i heard a group of women asking for an upgrade. So I did to. Every time since i go to the same place and "beg " for an upgrade. Watched all matches in row A 😄

RoYO!
07-08-2016, 10:18 AM
There's no question its an honour to carry the flag when entering an Olympic stadium during the opening ceremony but for me I think the last two flag bearers has a wee bit of politics behind them. 2yrs from the independence vote and we got Chris Hoy, defo a political statement at the time, and now two yrs after Andy Murray, a cemented political statement. Lets be honest! Tennis has no place in the Olympics along with a few other sports. Why was Jessica Ennis not given the flag. This is a gold medal winner who took time out to have a baby and still came back to be at the top of her sport. IMO Murray is being used as a political statement. At the same time I do not hold anything against Andy and most, if not all, would have excepted the honour.

Personally think you're reading far too much into this. In terms of a leader there was no better than hoy for the last pick.

With all that Murray has achieved in sport, including his gold and silver and Davis cup (all done under GB banner) not to mention how highly regarded he will be by all in the team makes it a fairly easy pick for me. The chef de mission won't give a flying one about politics.

Bristolhibby
07-08-2016, 10:25 AM
Personally think you're reading far too much into this. In terms of a leader there was no better than hoy for the last pick.

With all that Murray has achieved in sport, including his gold and silver and Davis cup (all done under GB banner) not to mention how highly regarded he will be by all in the team makes it a fairly easy pick for me. The chef de mission won't give a flying one about politics.

I still think that it should have been a proper Olympian, if you get what I mean.

Jessica Ennis-Hill, Mo Farah or Greg Rutherford, or one of the many 2012 Gold medalists.

No offence but I don't believe for a second that a tennis player wouldn't pick a Slam win over an Olympic Gold medal.

It's like no footballer grows up dreaming of an Olympic Gold medal.

Andy gets chances every year to shine on the Global stage, it should have been an athlete who grinds in the hours for four years in Preparation for the Olympics that should have carried the flag.

J

Onceinawhile
07-08-2016, 10:27 AM
I don't think you can doubt he meant it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/36982188

When you're called upon to carry your country's flag in front of an audience of 3 billion ahead of the world's biggest sporting event it's a pretty big deal.

He got to do it at the world cup?

Must have missed that.

Speedy
07-08-2016, 10:39 AM

I was at the semi there last time. Was great but felt abit inevitable afterthe massive doubles win on the Saturday.

Almost saw him at the French but had tickets for Chatrier ratherthan Lenglen. Saw Jamie Murray and Heather Watson that day though.

With a bit better luck I'll hopefully see him again soon.

RoYO!
07-08-2016, 10:41 AM
I still think that it should have been a proper Olympian, if you get what I mean.

Jessica Ennis-Hill, Mo Farah or Greg Rutherford, or one of the many 2012 Gold medalists.

No offence but I don't believe for a second that a tennis player wouldn't pick a Slam win over an Olympic Gold medal.

Andy gets chances every year to shine on the Global stage, it should have been an athlete who grinds in the hours for four years in Preparation for the Olympics that should have carried the flag.

J

I think Novak would give up plenty of his slams to get a career golden slam tbh.

But fair dos we see slightly differently on this one :)

RoYO!
07-08-2016, 10:44 AM
Fwiw I think Rutherford is a very lucky man. The long jump field of atheltes has been poor for a while and he was the best of that bunch in 2012. He's 60 odd cm off the WR.

fulshie
07-08-2016, 11:31 AM

With all that Murray has achieved in sport, including his gold and silver and Davis cup (all done under GB banner) not to mention how highly regarded he will be by all in the team makes it a fairly easy pick for me. The chef de mission won't give a flying one about politics.Possibly. Maybe I'm just bitter about the referendum result. I meant no un-justification to Andy Murray whatsoever.

NAE NOOKIE
07-08-2016, 11:47 AM

Dinnae believe ye ..... I've never seen her in the pie queue in the FF not even once :tsk tsk:

Onion
07-08-2016, 11:48 AM

J

Once you've won 3 Grand slams (incl Wimbledon) and got enough money for 2 lifetimes, being selected to carry the British Flag in the Olympics must become an incredible honour - just as it was for him to lead the GB Team in the Davis Cup. Murray has always been patriotic (Scot & GB) and is openly more passionate about his country than many of your typical Olympians.

G B Young
07-08-2016, 12:00 PM
He got to do it at the world cup?

Must have missed that.

Olympics is bigger than the World Cup, hands down:

Event/Host
Total Attendance
Total Athletes

2012 Olympics - London

2014 Fifa World Cup - Brazil

Global viewing figures for 2016 Olympics opening ceremony: 3.2 billion
Global viewing figures for 2014 World Cup final: 1.1 billion

G B Young
07-08-2016, 12:08 PM

Tennis was one of the core events in the inaugural summer Olympics of 1896 and has long been part of the Olympic fabric so I don't see why anyone would think it doesn't belong in the Games.

And in what way is selecting Andy Murray a political statement? He's the outstanding British sportsman of our time, arguably of all time and you just need to look at his raw emotion when representing his country at the Davis Cup to see what it means to him. As with Hoy, he was a natural choice to pick as flag bearer.

Those who seem unable to move on from the 2014 referendum read far too much into these things. Why not just congratulate Andy on being selected for such a prestigious role?

eastcoasthibby
07-08-2016, 12:30 PM
Would love to see Murray appear at ER with his Wimbledon trophy and bring the 2 great trophies into the same arena..now that would be a crowd puller ?? !! Bring them both out at half time .....

PatHead
07-08-2016, 05:21 PM
On BBC online now

fulshie
07-08-2016, 05:48 PM
Tennis was one of the core events in the inaugural summer Olympics of 1896 and has long been part of the Olympic fabric so I don't see why anyone would think it doesn't belong in the Games.

And in what way is selecting Andy Murray a political statement? He's the outstanding British sportsman of our time, arguably of all time and you just need to look at his raw emotion when representing his country at the Davis Cup to see what it means to him. As with Hoy, he was a natural choice to pick as flag bearer.

Those who seem unable to move on from the 2014 referendum read far too much into these things. Why not just congratulate Andy on being selected for such a prestigious role?Its my opinion that tennis is an imposter of a sport in the Olympics due to the fact that in 1896 it was amateur, certainly cant say that now. As for AM being the best sportsman in our time, I'm sorry but I don't think so. Open your mind to other sports e,g Chris Froome 3 x time tour de France winner only 7 other people have won the tour on more than 2 occasions. Look closer to home, Ricky Burns 3 x time world boxing champ at 3 different weights now that's some doing but, hang on he couldn't possibly carry the flag as he is professional and cant compete. GET THE GIST? AM is a fantastic sportsman and no one is more prouder than me that the fact he is Scottish but, I stand by my opinion that politics has played a part. Personally I would have chosen Jessica Ennis as her sport is core to Olympic tradition and what she has achieved is nothing but incredible. My Opinion of course.

HibbyAndy
07-08-2016, 05:51 PM
Its my opinion that tennis is an imposter of a sport in the Olympics due to the fact that in 1896 it was amateur, certainly cant say that now. As for AM being the best sportsman in our time, I'm sorry but I don't think so. Open your mind to other sports e,g Chris Froome 3 x time tour de France winner only 7 other people have won the tour on more than 2 occasions. Look closer to home, Ricky Burns 3 x time world boxing champ at 3 different weights now that's some doing but, hang on he couldn't possibly carry the flag as he is professional and cant compete. GET THE GIST? AM is a fantastic sportsman and no one is more prouder than me that the fact he is Scottish but, I stand by my opinion that politics has played a part. Personally I would have chosen Jessica Ennis as her sport is core to Olympic tradition and what she has achieved is nothing but incredible. My Opinion of course.

Wow ...Just wow!!

Speedy
07-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Its my opinion that tennis is an imposter of a sport in the Olympics due to the fact that in 1896 it was amateur, certainly cant say that now. As for AM being the best sportsman in our time, I'm sorry but I don't think so. Open your mind to other sports e,g Chris Froome 3 x time tour de France winner only 7 other people have won the tour on more than 2 occasions. Look closer to home, Ricky Burns 3 x time world boxing champ at 3 different weights now that's some doing but, hang on he couldn't possibly carry the flag as he is professional and cant compete. GET THE GIST? AM is a fantastic sportsman and no one is more prouder than me that the fact he is Scottish but, I stand by my opinion that politics has played a part. Personally I would have chosen Jessica Ennis as her sport is core to Olympic tradition and what she has achieved is nothing but incredible. My Opinion of course.

Are most olympic sports not professional now? Seems a bit unreasonable to give Tennis a hard time.

You don't hear many people looking to boot Usain Bolt out for examplr.

G B Young
07-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Good solid opening win for Andy today. Hopefully he and Jamie can maintain the winning habit in their doubles match later on.

Dashing Bob S
07-08-2016, 07:32 PM
Delighted for Murray, but I agree with the point about the Olympics. Football, tennis and now golf are making it a joke. Those sports get enough exposure anyway, and have stacks of tournaments.

To me it's about track and field and minority sports like fencing and archery.

G B Young
07-08-2016, 07:39 PM

No, you can't say tennis at the Olympics is amateur, but how many sports are? The Olympics have been filled with professionals since 1986 when the pros were first allowed to compete. That's 30 years ago, so I think most of us have got used to it by now. As far as I'm aware Ricky Burns could fight at the Olympics if he wanted to thanks to new legislation about boxing, and you can hardly claim Chris Froome or Jessica Ennis (both of whom are competing in Rio) are amateurs. Ennis is worth at least a couple of million a year according to recent reports. As for Andy's claim to being Britain's greatest ever sportsman, I'd contend that what he has achieved (first British Wimbledon winner in 77 years plus two further Grand Slam titles, an Olympic gold and a member of the first winning British Davis Cup team for 76 years...as well as dozens of other titles won in what is probably the most competitive ever era for men's tennis) puts him ahead of Froome and Burns, terrific as their achievements are. Tennis, for me, combines so many factors (exceptional fitness/stamina, footwork, hand-eye co-ordination, speed, tactics) that it trumps most other sports, although I'd concede boxing probably runs it close - and it's interesting that Andy draws a lot of inspiration from boxing.

Anyway, we all have our own opinions and I respect yours but I just can't see where you're seeing a political angle here.

RoYO!
07-08-2016, 07:44 PM

I think even the athletes you've mentioned would disagree with you :)

RoYO!
07-08-2016, 07:45 PM
Plus I didn't say "in our time". For me, it's of all time!

Opinions eh :)

ancient hibee
07-08-2016, 08:34 PM

There are no amateur sports at the olympics.

Don't think Jessica Ennis has reached Rio yet.

Barman Stanton
07-08-2016, 08:35 PM
I would agree that Murray is our greatest Sportsman of all time. Possibly the UK, not just Scotland. What he has achieved in an era when he is playing against 3 of the greatest of all time is astonishing. 3 Grand Slams, an Olympics gold and a Davis Cup. Plus plenty time to add to that. It's easy to forget how big a deal it was when Tim Henman was even reaching semi finals.

That Andy and his brother (the world doubles no 1) are Hibees is the icing on the cake.

Marco G
07-08-2016, 09:16 PM
Maybe you have missed this, but there are a few sports represented at the current Olympics where the participants are being paid a few bob. I think you would rule out a lot of sports that were amateur only in 1896! Anyway for my money Murray is more than worthy of being selected and I am proud of what he is achieving. We all have our opinions about who the greatest sportspeople are, and its not easy to reach agreement. What is not in doubt is that Andy Murray has done what no Briton has ever done in Tennis and that we should celebrate having a Scotsman who excels in his sport.

heretoday
07-08-2016, 09:18 PM
Delighted for Murray, but I agree with the point about the Olympics. Football, tennis and now golf are making it a joke. Those sports get enough exposure anyway, and have stacks of tournaments.

To me it's about track and field and minority sports like fencing and archery.

Swimming too. My idea of the Olympics is rooted in the sixties and seventies when we had great athletes on show. And David Coleman doing the commentary instead of the Hazel Irvine/Clare Balding Show.

WeeRussell
08-08-2016, 11:43 AM
Would love to see Murray appear at ER with his Wimbledon trophy and bring the 2 great trophies into the same arena..now that would be a crowd puller ?? !! Bring them both out at half time .....

Provided he leaves his flag at hame :greengrin

Speedy
08-08-2016, 02:18 PM
Anyone know when he's next due to play?

HibbyAndy
08-08-2016, 02:22 PM
Didnae ken Djokovic was oot !! Go on Andy !

hibee_girl
08-08-2016, 02:35 PM
Anyone know when he's next due to play?

Tomorrow afternoon

Ryan91
08-08-2016, 02:39 PM
Didnae ken Djokovic was oot !! Go on Andy !

Beaten by the man who beat him to Bronze in 2012 in the shape of Juan Martin del Potro. Think it's safe to say that an Olympic Singles Gold is one thing that Murray will have over Djoko when all is said and done.

Murray's definitely got the easier half of the draw, think he has a great chance to get to the final again and a very good shot at the Gold. Nadal is probably the biggest threat to Murray's chance at a second Gold, but seeding means they can't meet until the final, and that assumes Nadal makes it there without his knees giving up.

Hibbyjint
10-08-2016, 07:37 PM
Went to the O2 for the Friday and Sunday last year. Absolutely fabulous and very well organised. Seen Andy on the Friday but his mind was on the Davis Cup. Think we seen 5 of the top 8 so great value for money. These guys are something else. Not as good as the 2012 Olympics finals at Wimbledon which I was fortunate enough to attend thanks to my brother - Andy getting gold was my top live sporting experience until 21 May 2016.

:flag::thumbsup:

Speedy
10-08-2016, 08:59 PM
Managed to see him, Nadal & Keys yesterday. Got really lucky with the draw.

southsider
10-08-2016, 09:09 PM
Swimming too. My idea of the Olympics is rooted in the sixties and seventies when we had great athletes on show. And David Coleman doing the commentary instead of the Hazel Irvine/Clare Balding Show.

Agreed. 100 metres. The Mile. Rest is pish

G B Young
10-08-2016, 10:19 PM
I think the tennis in Rio has been rained off today so Andy will have to wait for his last-16 clash. It's very winnable though so he's edging closer to another Olympic medal which would be fantastic.

hibsbollah
10-08-2016, 10:36 PM
Agreed. 100 metres. The Mile. Rest is pish

:faf: very harsh on the steeplechase

hibee_girl
11-08-2016, 05:55 PM
Murray struggling in his match just now

HibbyAndy
11-08-2016, 06:17 PM
Totally and utterly capitulated.

Golden Bear
11-08-2016, 06:28 PM

I presume he's been defeated?

Scorrie
11-08-2016, 06:33 PM

Naw. Was looking pretty grim 3-0 down in the last set but back to 3-2 now so stopped the rot...hopefully. Also noticed that one of the men swimmers in the relay team that won a silver the other night is a Hibee. Dan Wallace ?

HibbyAndy
11-08-2016, 06:37 PM

Fabio won 8 games in a row and broke Murray 4 times in a row and led 3-0 in the final set !! Murray now a break and 4-3 up :cb

HibbyAndy
11-08-2016, 06:45 PM
Murray 6 games in a row to take the 3rd set and moves in to the next roond !

Golden Bear
11-08-2016, 06:47 PM
Murray 6 games in a row to take the 3rd set and moves in to the next roond !

Nae sweat then!

Golden Bear
11-08-2016, 06:48 PM
Naw. Was looking pretty grim 3-0 down in the last set but back to 3-2 now so stopped the rot...hopefully. Also noticed that one of the men swimmers in the relay team that won a silver the other night is a Hibee. Dan Wallace ?

Yip. I think Dan Wallace comes from Chirnside in the Borders.

HibbyAndy
11-08-2016, 06:49 PM
Nae sweat then!

Ken oor Andy, Always does it the hard way and leaves yer nerves shredded !:greengrin

Shrekko
11-08-2016, 06:53 PM
Games like that are why he's so special.

Jonnyboy
11-08-2016, 06:56 PM

Or not :greengrin

HibbyAndy
11-08-2016, 06:57 PM
Or not :greengrin

Reverse psychology Jonny :hilarious

:greengrin

Jonnyboy
11-08-2016, 06:59 PM
Reverse psychology Jonny :hilarious

:greengrin

:faf:

Sammy7nil
11-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Games like that are why he's so special.

Yip he was playing poorly and really struggling but just willed himself to win. In the end Fognini just could not match Murray's determination. A really great win under pressure.

G B Young
11-08-2016, 07:24 PM
That was looking grim for a while but Andy never gives up. I don't think Lendl is in Rio with him which I worried might impact on him, having won every match he's played since Lendl returned as coach, but he dug deep to put himself into the last eight and ever closer to another Olympic medal.

hibee_girl
11-08-2016, 10:15 PM
Playing again now in mixed doubles

number9dream
11-08-2016, 11:21 PM
Last minute entry to mixed doubles after some Romanians pulled out, then he and Heather Watson breezed to victory over Ferrer and his Spanish partner.

Not sure big Ivan will approve of the extra exertion before the US Open...

hibee_girl
12-08-2016, 05:24 PM
Into a 3rd set again today

DaveF
12-08-2016, 05:29 PM
Down a break in the third. Heading oot as it stands....

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2016, 05:43 PM
5-4 up now in the final set.:thumbsup:

hibee_girl
12-08-2016, 06:04 PM
He wins the tie break to win the match :thumbsup:

Mon Dieu4
12-08-2016, 06:05 PM
He's no been himself the last couple of games but has ground it out and won, sign of a great sportsman

Lancs Harp
12-08-2016, 06:08 PM
bl00dy hell Andy are you trying to give us all heart attacks!!!

Got there in the end. He's clearly got his mind on Easter Road tomorrow.

hibee_girl
12-08-2016, 06:12 PM
He's playing again later tonight in the mixed doubles

Biggie
12-08-2016, 06:16 PM
He knows how to dig in and get the win......what a ledge !

Finn2015
12-08-2016, 06:22 PM
Keeps rolling in and winning has become a habit for him. Long may it continue

stoneyburn hibs
12-08-2016, 06:32 PM
Proper Hibee, doing it the hard way.

G B Young
12-08-2016, 06:59 PM

And that was certainly doing in the hard way! But he prevailed yet again and we could do with that sort of mentality right through the Hibs team.

Well done Andy. Another Olympic medal is very much within reach.

heretoday
12-08-2016, 07:35 PM
Murray certainly knows how to raise the blood pressure. You think "here we go again" as he's mouthing off to his connections in the stand and then he comes up with a sublime pass.

The three set thing is dangerous for him. Over five sets both today's and yesterday's opponents wouldn't have been strong enough to last the pace.

It's shaping to be a good final v Del Potro or Nadal, after a perilous semi no doubt!

Marco G
12-08-2016, 09:00 PM
True, but that is the only way. These are all top class players he is beating. Getting over the winning line is all that matters and it separates the great from the good!

SeanWilson
12-08-2016, 09:29 PM
"Hey. Andy? Andy Murray? See that thing right next to you? Could you hand it over to me, please?"
"No...actually I think I'll walk in the other direction, jump into a gorse bush, fall into a 10 foot deep slurry pit, then crawl out and fight a bear, then thrown myself off that hill, then fall into the water where I have to fight that Great White Shark....then come back to where I started and hand it to you. OK?"
"Yeah...whatever...."

Marco G
13-08-2016, 07:04 AM
"Hey. Andy? Andy Murray? See that thing right next to you? Could you hand it over to me, please?"
"No...actually I think I'll walk in the other direction, jump into a gorse bush, fall into a 10 foot deep slurry pit, then crawl out and fight a bear, then thrown myself off that hill, then fall into the water where I have to fight that Great White Shark....then come back to where I started and hand it to you. OK?"
"Yeah...whatever...."
Or replace Hey, Andy with Hey Novak, or Hey Rafa etc. Do you think winning always comes easy to any of these guys also? Why do you reckon that they can win the big matches and loads of very talented tennis players cant? They are not putting themselves and their supporters through the wringer for fun. When they can win easily they do. But when they cant they dig it out. That is what Murray has been doing at Rio, and I dont care how he wins as long as he does.

SeanWilson
13-08-2016, 08:43 AM
Or replace Hey, Andy with Hey Novak, or Hey Rafa etc. Do you think winning always comes easy to any of these guys also? Why do you reckon that they can win the big matches and loads of very talented tennis players cant? They are not putting themselves and their supporters through the wringer for fun. When they can win easily they do. But when they cant they dig it out. That is what Murray has been doing at Rio, and I dont care how he wins as long as he does.
Cheers for turning tongue n' cheek in to a lecture 😏

Mr_F
13-08-2016, 09:02 AM

He's clearly not a fan of Andy

Shrekko
13-08-2016, 10:26 AM
He's clearly not a fan of Andy

I think whenever you become emotionally involved it probably always seems worse in terms of tension than it is, although Andy's eccentric behaviour probably puts us all on edge at times!

The fact he can do things the hard way shows his greatness but there are also actually plenty of times he does make it look easy as well- Wimbledon semis and final spring to mind. Even then you get nervous because you just want him to get over the finishing line!

Men's tennis is incredibly competitive and Andy's 2 last opponents have been inspired whilst he's been below par- it's great that he can win those games. In saying that he IS going to have to raise it now.. a lot. In the meantime we can admire the fact that he's won his last 2 tournaments, the first 4 games of this and looks on course for yet another major final.

Marco G
13-08-2016, 10:31 AM
Yep, just like Andy, I need to chill out. Thanks for your bit of humour. Now I can start to getvwound up again worrying about this afternoon!

G B Young
13-08-2016, 11:12 AM
I think whenever you become emotionally involved it probably always seems worse in terms of tension than it is, although Andy's eccentric behaviour probably puts us all on edge at times!

The fact he can do things the hard way shows his greatness but there are also actually plenty of times he does make it look easy as well- Wimbledon semis and final spring to mind. Even then you get nervous because you just want him to get over the finishing line!

Men's tennis is incredibly competitive and Andy's 2 last opponents have been inspired whilst he's been below par- it's great that he can win those games. In saying that he IS going to have to raise it now.. a lot. In the meantime we can admire the fact that he's won his last 2 tournaments, the first 4 games of this and looks on course for yet another major final.

I think that's a good point. There are many absolutely outstanding players in the top 50, perhaps even the top 100, and I think some underestimate how deep Andy has to dig to stay on top of the challengers, let alone compete with the likes of Djokovic and Federer.

I don't think he's especially enjoying the courts in Rio. With the vast space around them it can make them quite exposed to wind, but as you say it's the mark of a champion that he'll find a way to win even when not at his best. I also wonder if he could do with his coach Ivan Lendl being there as he seems to be a massively calming influence when the going gets tough.

RoYO!
13-08-2016, 12:41 PM
I think that's a good point. There are many absolutely outstanding players in the top 50, perhaps even the top 100, and I think some underestimate how deep Andy has to dig to stay on top of the challengers, let alone compete with the likes of Djokovic and Federer.

I don't think he's especially enjoying the courts in Rio. With the vast space around them it can make them quite exposed to wind, but as you say it's the mark of a champion that he'll find a way to win even when not at his best. I also wonder if he could do with his coach Ivan Lendl being there as he seems to be a massively calming influence when the going gets tough.

For all that they are 'hard' courts apparent they're very grippy and slow. This brings a lot of the more average player into it. Think that's what we've seen in the last two matches. Hope Andy can press on now!! Be very interesting to see Rafa v del potro.

Off the bar
13-08-2016, 04:09 PM
A set and a break up against Nishikori and looking good

hibee_girl
13-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Made it to the final, guaranteed a medal now

HibbyAndy
13-08-2016, 04:41 PM
Gone yersel Andy !

G B Young
13-08-2016, 07:04 PM
Just fantastic from Andy. Made things look very easy today compared to the stodgy fare on offer at Easter Road. But overall a great day with both Hibs and Andy Murray winning :agree:

number9dream
13-08-2016, 09:18 PM
Great display from Muzz...

The DelPo v Nadal semi-final was an absolute classic. The crowd were going nuts!
Might need to fly in some Tartan Army boys to even things up tomorrow.

Shrekko
13-08-2016, 09:38 PM
Great display from Muzz...

The DelPo v Nadal semi-final was an absolute classic. The crowd were going nuts!
Might need to fly in some Tartan Army boys to even things up tomorrow.

He'll get plenty of support- the Brazilians are supporting anyone who plays Del Potro.

Crowd were an absolute disgrace today in what was an absolute classic tennis match- highlight of the Olympics so far and should also help Andy Murray as Del Potro will be mentally and physically drained.

HibsNutter
13-08-2016, 09:41 PM
So an excellent chance of another Olympic gold to go with his existing gold, two Wimbledon titles, a US Open and a Davis Cup title that the British team pretty much to him.

What a career so far, and with more yet to be won.

Finn2015
13-08-2016, 10:30 PM
So an excellent chance of another Olympic gold to go with his existing gold, two Wimbledon titles, a US Open and a Davis Cup title that the British team pretty much to him.

What a career so far, and with more yet to be won.

That's the thing, I really think there is. I don't know, just recently I sense a momentum shift with him and Djokovic. We will see

JohnM1875
13-08-2016, 10:36 PM
That's the thing, I really think there is. I don't know, just recently I sense a momentum shift with him and Djokovic. We will see

Funny that the momentum shift seems to have happened after tennis was rocked with the Sharapova drugs scandal eh?

I have always thought Djokovic going from unable to complete a five set match without an issue to the fittest/hardest trying athlete in the world was a bit strange.

Probably being harsh as he was young then, and he is an undeniable talent. Just can't help but think there's something fishy with him.

Finn2015
13-08-2016, 10:45 PM
Funny that the momentum shift seems to have happened after tennis was rocked with the Sharapova drugs scandal eh?

I have always thought Djokovic going from unable to complete a five set match without an issue to the fittest/hardest trying athlete in the world was a bit strange.

Probably being harsh as he was young then, and he is an undeniable talent. Just can't help but think there's something fishy with him.

Yes I think there are quite a few who have these thoughts to!

heretoday
13-08-2016, 11:23 PM
Yes I think there are quite a few who have these thoughts to!
I thought Novak's renaissance was down to his adopting a gluten free diet.

RoYO!
13-08-2016, 11:25 PM

That's what he puts it down to.

RoYO!
13-08-2016, 11:27 PM
Anyone else staying up for super Saturday?! :)

JohnM1875
13-08-2016, 11:42 PM

Suppose he's going to blame his shortcomings of late on that irresistible gluten!

I honestly do hope he isn't a drugs cheat. Cause watching how amazing he's been the past few years and his head to head with Murray is a big part of what got me into playing tennis. I say playing tennis, i mean trying to get the ball over a net.

I just can't help but think he's a drug cheat lately.

On an aside I'm up for Super Saturday 2016. Can't see Mo doing it again though!

SeanWilson
14-08-2016, 07:04 AM

And rocks up at the most scrutinised Olympics in recent memory to be knocked out round one looking dreadful.....

SeanWilson
14-08-2016, 07:05 AM
Suppose he's going to blame his shortcomings of late on that irresistible gluten!

I honestly do hope he isn't a drugs cheat. Cause watching how amazing he's been the past few years and his head to head with Murray is a big part of what got me into playing tennis. I say playing tennis, i mean trying to get the ball over a net.

I just can't help but think he's a drug cheat lately.

On an aside I'm up for Super Saturday 2016. Can't see Mo doing it again though!
Mo done an Andy 😉

RoYO!
14-08-2016, 08:40 AM
And rocks up at the most scrutinised Olympics in recent memory to be knocked out round one looking dreadful.....

Tbf in that form del potro would have demolished nanyone. Hopefully he won't have the staying power or fitness to live with Murray.

heretoday
14-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Del Potro must be a bit stiff after yesterday's exertions. The trouble is the big boomers don't cut it against Murray as against other guys. They're liable to come back again which will be dispiriting for the big fellow.

I predict a gold for Britain.

Finn2015
14-08-2016, 02:55 PM
Can't wait for this. Traditionally all about the grand slams but 2 gold medals for Murray would be some achievement

.Sean.
14-08-2016, 03:04 PM
Think it'll maybe be all the juice he's pumped into himself. You don't become a machine overnight.

Hibee87
14-08-2016, 03:13 PM
Is the final a 5 setter? I'm sure when he beat fed at London the final was

Lancs Harp
14-08-2016, 03:23 PM
You lads put your Argentina shirts away for this one then. :wink:

Come on Andy.

:flag:

G B Young
14-08-2016, 03:51 PM
Is the final a 5 setter? I'm sure when he beat fed at London the final was

Yes best of five in the final. Del Potro is a fine player but his career has been blighted by injury. It'll be a tough match for Andy but if he can show the same uncompromising resolve as against Raonic in the Wimbledon final he should be good enough to win another gold medal, which would be an amazing achievement.

Fife-Hibee
14-08-2016, 06:31 PM
Anyone know what channel Andy Murray is on ? Can't seem to find it listed anywhere !

JoJo_07
14-08-2016, 06:36 PM
Anyone know what channel Andy Murray is on ? Can't seem to find it listed anywhere !

It's due to start 2000. At present BBC1 staying with the Gawlf (last hole but may go to a tiebreak hole). BBC Four currently has the mixed double final on. It will be on one of the two. Mind knowing the BBC they will probably stick reruns of the sailing and you may have to go with red button.

hibee_girl
14-08-2016, 06:37 PM

It'll be on the bbc red button or channels 477/485 if you have sky

Fife-Hibee
14-08-2016, 06:39 PM
Thanks folks :-)

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2016, 07:45 PM
anyone found it?????:confused:

hibee_girl
14-08-2016, 07:47 PM

Not started yet

oneone73
14-08-2016, 07:48 PM

It'll be on BBC4. Not started yet.

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2016, 07:51 PM
Not started yet

It'll be on BBC4. Not started yet.

:aok: what time is it due on, i thought i saw 19.30?

Pretty Boy
14-08-2016, 07:52 PM
Watching the feed on my phone as they wait on the players coming out. Some atmosphere, Argentinians making it like a football match.

trev the hat
14-08-2016, 07:52 PM

It's been delayed G

Pretty Boy
14-08-2016, 07:53 PM

Starting on BBC4 now.

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2016, 07:56 PM
It's been delayed G

Starting on BBC4 now.

Got it, :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
14-08-2016, 08:02 PM
The mixed doubles lasted longer than expected.

Pretty Boy
14-08-2016, 08:07 PM
Argentinians and Brazilians having a good vocal battle in the stands.

HibsNutter
14-08-2016, 08:41 PM
Murray up a break in the first set, but looking totally in control. Feeling a straight sets victory.

Keyser Sauzee
14-08-2016, 08:41 PM
I can see a straight sets victory for Murray here, he's looking too good so far.

J-C
14-08-2016, 08:43 PM
Del Potro looks knackered already.

Hibs07p
14-08-2016, 08:43 PM
Brazilians on the Hibbies side, since we showed them how to play football, off course.

GGTTH

Scottish Cup Winners 2016

TRC
14-08-2016, 08:47 PM
Hmm Murray looking like the crowd is getting to him

Jim44
14-08-2016, 08:50 PM
Del Potro looks knackered already.

Don't underestimate him. He didn't beat Djokovic and Nadal to bottle it in the final. he's on top now.

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2016, 08:51 PM
4-4

matty_f
14-08-2016, 08:54 PM
Murray has managed to lose the plot in the first set from an incredibly good position.

I think he likes the drama. :greengrin

Onceinawhile
14-08-2016, 08:54 PM
What's going on man?

Pretty Boy
14-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Hope Murray doesn't 86 this.

Scott Allan Key
14-08-2016, 09:06 PM
Hope Murray doesn't 86 this.

What happened in 86 apart from Butcher being left both angry and flummoxed in two equal measures?

Sir David Gray
14-08-2016, 09:12 PM
What happened in 86 apart from Butcher being left both angry and flummoxed in two equal measures?

Hearts won the league and Scottish Cup double*.

almost

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2016, 09:13 PM
6-5 up with serve.

Albanian Hibs
14-08-2016, 09:14 PM
Sure there is a big hibs flag hanging over the top tier??

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2016, 09:15 PM
2 set points for the hibby

3pm
14-08-2016, 09:16 PM
First to 2 or 3?

Hibs Class
14-08-2016, 09:16 PM
First set Murray, 7-5. Could have gone either way.

hibee_girl
14-08-2016, 09:17 PM
He's won the first set :thumbsup:

hibee_girl
First to 2 or 3?

blackpoolhibs
:thumbsup:1st set to Andy.

Sir David Gray
14-08-2016, 09:24 PM
He's won the first set :thumbsup:

Do you get some sort of special transmisssion that gives you sports updates about 10 seconds ahead of everyone else?

That's a few times now that I've gone to post something about a goal or a set being won, literally a couple of seconds after it's happened, and you've already posted about it. :greengrin

Billy Whizz
14-08-2016, 09:25 PM
Do you get some sort of special transmisssion that gives you sports updates about 10 seconds ahead of everyone else?

That's a few times now that I've gone to post something about a goal or a set being won, literally a couple of seconds after it's happened, and you've already posted about it. :greengrin

Are you watching via an app? Can be upto 30 seconds behind

hibee_girl
14-08-2016, 09:25 PM

I wasn't even the first to post he'd won the set!

Sir David Gray
14-08-2016, 09:27 PM
are you watching via an app? Can be upto 30 seconds behind

bbc 4 hd.

Sir David Gray
14-08-2016, 09:28 PM

I wasn't even the first to post he'd won the set!

True on this occasion.

You are quick though!

You're not posting from Rio are you? :greengrin

Mikey09
14-08-2016, 09:32 PM
Del Potro digging in. Looks as if he's tiring now.

eezyrider
14-08-2016, 09:54 PM
Del Potro a break up in the second. Comon Murray!

EZ

Sir David Gray
14-08-2016, 10:16 PM
One set all, Del Potro wins the second set 6-4.

eezyrider
14-08-2016, 10:17 PM
Del Potro was impressive in that set.

EZ

hibsbollah
14-08-2016, 10:18 PM
Fantastic viewing. Del Potro is hard to dislike really.

worcesterhibby
14-08-2016, 10:20 PM
who are the commentators ? They are absolutely creaming themselves about Del port and taking every opportunity to slag Andy...they are a complete couple of biased Murray hating Cockwombles....God I HATE the BBC sometimes !!!

Mikey09
14-08-2016, 10:21 PM
Big Del Potro hitting bombs the now!! Murray gotta stick with it. Not sure the big man can keep hitting the ball like that for much longer.

stoneyburn hibs
14-08-2016, 10:21 PM
Murray will have the legs on Del Potro to win it.

Mikey09
14-08-2016, 10:23 PM
Fantastic viewing. Del Potro is hard to dislike really.

Aye. Del Potro one of the good guys in sport. This is turning into a belter. Murray gotta cut out the unforced errors.

Dr Jimmy
14-08-2016, 10:26 PM
Are they playing at a David lloyds in Brazil??

Finn2015
14-08-2016, 10:27 PM
This is a cracker and del potro seems at home on this surface. Murray got to dig in

hibee_girl
14-08-2016, 10:29 PM
Del Potro looking knackered after some of these points

Onceinawhile
14-08-2016, 10:29 PM
If Murray can win the third he should be fine as I can't see jmdp lasting 5 sets. However, if he wins the third it'll give him the adrenaline needed.

eezyrider
14-08-2016, 10:33 PM
If Murray can win the third he should be fine as I can't see jmdp lasting 5 sets. However, if he wins the third it'll give him the adrenaline needed.

I agree. Think Andy has more in reserve to last 5 sets. Del Potro has been good but looks like he's giving 100% and I doubt he will keep that up.

EZ

worcesterhibby
14-08-2016, 10:34 PM
Seemingly, according to the commentators, Del potro is is "amazing and Unplayable" so Murray must be cheating or something since he's actually ahead right now.....commentators are doing my nut in !!!!

gogsy23
14-08-2016, 10:38 PM
Green and white court tho! Its an omen. Cmaan andy

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-08-2016, 10:39 PM
The cameramen are doing a fine job of focusing in on certain individuals in the crowd! :-)

Onceinawhile
14-08-2016, 10:40 PM
First double fault from del Porto and he follows it up with another.

Tiring?

Mikey09
14-08-2016, 10:40 PM
Seemingly, according to the commentators, Del potro is is "amazing and Unplayable" so Murray must be cheating or something since he's actually ahead right now.....commentators are doing my nut in !!!!

Ignore them mate. Del Potro I think has gone for broke the way he has been hitting the ball. So hard and flat. But it's so hard to keep that up when you play the likes of Murray.

Sir David Gray
14-08-2016, 10:43 PM
Murray breaks - 4-2 up in the third set.

Mikey09
14-08-2016, 10:44 PM
Mon Andy. Hold serve.

gogsy23
14-08-2016, 10:44 PM
Some power in that forehand!

eezyrider
14-08-2016, 10:45 PM
An important break there for Andy Murray, now 4-2 up in the 3rd. He let Del Potro huff and puff and the stepped back in at the right moment.

EZ

Mikey09
14-08-2016, 10:48 PM
Great hold. Take some effort from Del Potro now.

Baw187
14-08-2016, 10:49 PM
Great hold. Take some effort from Del Potro now.

I wouldn't be counting any chickens. Murray can easily dip again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
the BBC should just concentrate on the 3 guys wearing jimmy hats and keep us informed of the scores in between

Finn2015
Cmon Andy close this set out

Sir David Gray
14-08-2016, 10:53 PM
Murray wins the third set 6-2.

Finn2015
Broke him again! 6-2 in third set

Onceinawhile
Wins the 3rd 6-2.

If he plays the same in the fourth, he'll win at a canter.

eezyrider
2-1 Andy Murray

Del Potro seems to be running out of steam and mistakes are creeping into his game that are being punished by Murray.

EZ

Off the bar
14-08-2016, 10:54 PM
Murray looking good now! No way Del Potto could keep up the intensity of the 2nd set

Finn2015
14-08-2016, 10:54 PM
Wins the 3rd 6-2.

If he plays the same in the fourth, he'll win at a canter.

Del potro looks tired now

Mon Dieu4
14-08-2016, 10:55 PM
Well was planning on a few hours sleep and waking up for 10 minutes to watch the 100m final, thanks to this it looks like it's an all nighter and feeling shattered tomorrow

worcesterhibby
14-08-2016, 10:55 PM
Your Golden Del potro doesn't look so "powerful and masterful" now does he ya BBC Tosspots !!! :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
14-08-2016, 10:56 PM
del porto bello looks knacked now

stoneyburn hibs
14-08-2016, 10:57 PM
Bolt telling us about Bolt and get the tennis back on.

eezyrider
14-08-2016, 10:58 PM
Del Potro breaks Andys's serve in the first game of the 4th set.

Switching between channels and the red button is doing my nut in.

EZ

Sir David Gray
14-08-2016, 10:58 PM
Del Potro breaks at the start of the fourth set.

Maybe not finished just yet!

SJNB Hibby
14-08-2016, 10:59 PM
Murray looking good now! No way Del Potto could keep up the intensity of the 2nd set
Andy manages to surprise us again---where did THAT game come from?:confused:

Off the bar
Didn't so much get broken as just give him that game. Why is it never easy?

Finn2015
Del potro looks tired now

I'll say it myself, shut up finn2015😠

Onceinawhile
14-08-2016, 11:00 PM
Ffs Andy, I'm wanting to get to bed!

Sir David Gray
14-08-2016, 11:03 PM
Ffs Andy, I'm wanting to get to bed!

You're not the only one.

I'm up in six hours! :rolleyes:

Finn2015
14-08-2016, 11:04 PM
Get in! Broke back

Sir David Gray
14-08-2016, 11:05 PM
Murray breaks straight back.

eezyrider
The shot to win that game was class.

EZ

Off the bar
Ooohh drop shot to break back that was lovely

Mikey09
14-08-2016, 11:07 PM
Hold of serve here Andy lad!

eezyrider
14-08-2016, 11:08 PM
2 Double faults this game. He never makes it easy does he.

EZ

Sir David Gray
14-08-2016, 11:09 PM
This is getting ridiculous, Del Potro breaks again and leads 2-1 up in the fourth set.

Baw187
14-08-2016, 11:09 PM
Determined to make a shop front of this.

Onceinawhile
14-08-2016, 11:11 PM
Aaaarghhhh

Onceinawhile
14-08-2016, 11:14 PM
Jmdp definitely got the orange petrol light on.

SJNB Hibby
14-08-2016, 11:14 PM
JMDP is dead on his feet, why does Andy keep playong it down the middle?

eezyrider
14-08-2016, 11:15 PM
Dear me, both of them are dropping service games left right and centre.

What's that - 6 dropped service games in a row?

EZ

Finn2015
14-08-2016, 11:15 PM
2-2 all breaks of serve

Sir David Gray
14-08-2016, 11:16 PM
Another break of serve!

2-2.

Del Potro looks like he's struggling to move, he appears to be reacting very late to a lot of the shots that Murray's making him play.

Onceinawhile
JMDP is dead on his feet, why does Andy keep playong it down the middle?

Because Andy knows it. He's making him just go a bit longer in each rally to make his service game easier.

Off the bar
Time told hold

stoneyburn hibs
14-08-2016, 11:18 PM
This will be done in jig time now for Murray, Del Potro has lost mobility.

eezyrider
14-08-2016, 11:18 PM
Finally, a hold of serve. Well done Andy.

EZ

Onceinawhile
14-08-2016, 11:19 PM
This will be done in jig time now for Murray, Del Potro has lost mobility.

Yup, wouldn't be surprised if it ends 6-2 now.

Mikey09
14-08-2016, 11:20 PM
Great hold!! Del Potro trying so hard to shorten the rallies but Murray has been very smart. Massive game coming up now...

worcesterhibby
14-08-2016, 11:21 PM
BBC's Golden argie looks Cream Crackered...make him run Andy and this is yours

cabbageandribs1875
14-08-2016, 11:23 PM
what a peice o **** that was for porto the power

Finn2015
Suddenly del potro looks like he has a second wind. Held serve to love

Onceinawhile
Easy hold for del Potro, life in him yet?

Finn2015
14-08-2016, 11:27 PM
Del petro breaks again and suddenly looks the fresher!

Sir David Gray
14-08-2016, 11:27 PM
Del Potro breaks again to go 4-3 up!

Baw187
14-08-2016, 11:28 PM

[emoji31][emoji31][emoji31][emoji31][emoji31]

eezyrider

Tennis is so unpredictable - its part of the attraction.

EZ

cabbageandribs1875
murray tries to mount a linesman, surely that's not allowed

Off the bar
Ffs

Onceinawhile
[emoji31][emoji31][emoji31][emoji31][emoji31]

Aye. Wasn't right there!