PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: OFIR MARCIANO SIGNS FOR HIBERNIAN

RSS Bot
03-08-2016, 04:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6687)

Northernhibee
03-08-2016, 04:20 PM
Welcome Ofir!

Diclonius
03-08-2016, 04:21 PM
Woooo

ShinyFantastic
03-08-2016, 04:22 PM
A loan deal....

GreenNWhiteArmy
03-08-2016, 04:23 PM
Welcome to the Scottish Cup Champions Ofir

Keith_M
03-08-2016, 04:23 PM
Welcome to Hibs, Rocky

http://www.emofaces.com/en/emoticons/i/israel-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gif

Albanian Hibs
03-08-2016, 04:24 PM
Welcome to the Scottish Cup Winners

northstandhibby
03-08-2016, 04:27 PM
Welcome Rocky! :thumbsup:

GGTTH

BH Hibs
03-08-2016, 04:29 PM
Welcome big fella

Scott Allan Key
Shalom and welcome Ofir!

Vault Boy
Welcome to Hibernian, Ofir! :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
03-08-2016, 04:33 PM
ברוך הבא Ofir.

Ringothedog
03-08-2016, 04:33 PM
A loan deal....

And ?

hibs0666
03-08-2016, 04:34 PM
A loan deal....

Aye...

Keith_M
03-08-2016, 04:34 PM
ברוך הבא Ofir.

Sorry, PB, but that say 'Ofir ate my hampster'

:wink:

neil7908
03-08-2016, 04:35 PM
Like the sound of him, hope he lives up to the billing

Pete
03-08-2016, 04:36 PM
Welcome Ofir Balboa Stallone Marciano :thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
03-08-2016, 04:47 PM
I'd say "at last" but would just trigger off a lot of other memories ;)

Well done on everyone that made this happen*

By the look of things there will be thrills and spills - he seems to make saves a bit of a spectacle so dramatic , exciting times ahead! It'll be entertaining if those vids are representative.

* I reserve the right to change my mind in the fickle way is Hibees do about our keepers (rarely are for keeps).

Hibernia&Alba
03-08-2016, 04:49 PM
Welcome aboard big Rocky; do us proud.

NAE NOOKIE
03-08-2016, 04:50 PM
Welcome to the Hibees 'Rocky' ...... I don't suppose we will chuck him in at the deep end on Saturday.

Speedway
03-08-2016, 04:50 PM
He keeps the score down here against some of the world's best players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORLYhxgesOI

monktonharp
03-08-2016, 04:56 PM
I'd say "at last" but would just trigger off a lot of other memories ;)

Well done on everyone that made this happen*

By the look of things there will be thrills and spills - he seems to make saves a bit of a spectacle so dramatic , exciting times ahead! It'll be entertaining if those vids are representative.

* I reserve the right to change my mind in the fickle way is Hibees do about our keepers (rarely are for keeps).nah nah, we ken what you said.:coffee: some of his saves look fantastic though, pouncing like a panther/ my wee cat in the back garden , for balls that seem fairly easy:wink: really looking forward to seeing this guy though. another cog in the gearbox being built for winning this league.

Hibby Gav
03-08-2016, 04:58 PM
That's a surprise ! :)

Welcome to ER Ofir.....thou shalt not pass !!!

GGTTH

Hibbyradge
03-08-2016, 05:01 PM
No mention of the training ground and no sign of a website. I'm appalled.

On another note, if he's as good as his video makes out, why have FC Ashdod he allowed him to go on loan?

Finn2015
03-08-2016, 05:03 PM
So it is done isn't it☺️

Hermit Crab
03-08-2016, 05:09 PM
A loan deal....

Whats your point mate?

GordonHFC
03-08-2016, 05:23 PM
Is a season long loan deal any different from signing someone on a years contract?

CRAZYHIBBY
03-08-2016, 05:25 PM
Big deal......we wait all week for an announcement and he gives us a two sentence statement ....not happy

Onion
03-08-2016, 05:25 PM
Welcome to the Cup Winners :thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
03-08-2016, 05:26 PM
Big deal......we wait all week for an announcement and he gives us a two sentence statement ....not happy

Is this a whoosh post?:confused:

lyonhibs
The lack of a specific mention of the training centre has got my back up, I must admit.....

CRAZYHIBBY
No mention of the training ground and no sign of a website. I'm appalled.

On another note, if he's as good as his video makes out, why have FC Ashdod he allowed him to go on loan?

That's because if you look at his video then you will see that he pulls off some world class saves but also ships 2 goals a game

Hermit Crab
03-08-2016, 05:27 PM
That's because if you look at his video then you will see that he pulls off some world class saves but also ships 2 goals a game

Are they all his fault like? :confused::rolleyes:

CRAZYHIBBY
03-08-2016, 05:30 PM
Are they all his fault like? :confused::rolleyes:

He's never mentioned the training ground so I strongly believe it is his fault

Jim44
03-08-2016, 05:36 PM
He's never mentioned the training ground so I strongly believe it is his fault

............ and no reminder of how massive a club we are. :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
03-08-2016, 05:38 PM
may i ofir him a welcome to the cabbage

Iain G
03-08-2016, 05:40 PM
Are we paying all of his wages or did Rod negotiate a special ofir?

Iain G
03-08-2016, 05:41 PM
may i ofir him a welcome to the cabbage

Beat me too it :-P

Greencore
03-08-2016, 05:43 PM
Welcome to hibs Ofir!

Renfrew_Hibby
03-08-2016, 05:45 PM
Gonna be playing on Sat? Or will the paperwork be held up?

cabbageandribs1875
03-08-2016, 05:56 PM
Beat me too it :-P

may i ofir my condolences for being 2nd fastest on the keyboard

:)

Lago
03-08-2016, 06:02 PM
ברוך הבא Ofir.
You show off you:greengrin

CRAZYHIBBY
03-08-2016, 06:04 PM
Can someone please tell me why I'm seeing ads for dating Muslim women in full burka......I've have not looked at anything dodgy on my mobile yet the ads popped up on this thread

erin go bragh
03-08-2016, 06:04 PM
Welcome to the good ship Hibernian Ofir .
Glad Hibs have got this one over the line . Looks a bit of a coup if his you tube montage is anything to go by .

kevo1875
03-08-2016, 06:19 PM
Thank u for deciding to come to hibs big man,I'm sure u will do well ggtth

lyonhibs
03-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Glad Hibs have got this one over the line . Looks a bit of a coup if his you tube montage is anything to go by .

Beware forming any sort of judgement, even a formative one, based on YouTube.

Zarabi had a clip of him skinning Roberto Carlos for Algeria on his, and he was amongst the poorest full backs I've ever seen.

JohnMcM
03-08-2016, 06:23 PM
Sorry, PB, but that say 'Ofir ate my hampster'

:wink:

Not according to my translator. It says "my camel wears stripey pyjamas when in the sauna".

erin go bragh
03-08-2016, 06:55 PM
Beware forming any sort of judgement, even a formative one, based on YouTube.

Zarabi had a clip of him skinning Roberto Carlos for Algeria on his, and he was amongst the poorest full backs I've ever seen.

Yes I know LH . But apart from Zarabi , De Graff and Kugabi ! Ha , were due a break . Lol

Itsnoteasy
03-08-2016, 06:55 PM

Hope he is better than the last You Tube signing
Kugabi!

snedzuk
03-08-2016, 07:16 PM
Not according to my translator. It says "my camel wears stripey pyjamas when in the sauna".

Are you sure its not a zebra you have.

southsider
03-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Welcome to Hibs, Rocky

http://www.emofaces.com/en/emoticons/i/israel-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gif

Rocky was born Rocco Fransis Marchegiano but Rocky for new keeper sounds good. 49 & 0. And only 5 ft 10.

erin go bragh
03-08-2016, 09:49 PM
Rocky was born Rocco Fransis Marchegiano but Rocky for new keeper sounds good. 49 & 0. And only 5 ft 10.
Think when he had his first fight , they wrongly named him Marciano . After he won , he kept the name . The rest is history .

Hi Heid Yin
03-08-2016, 10:09 PM
Welcome Rocky!
:flag:

Unseen work
03-08-2016, 10:42 PM
Hope he concentrates now he has signed for a big club like us and doesn't spend all his time making his own YouTube videos anymore:greengrin

question, where is the rocky nickname coming from?

Carheenlea
03-08-2016, 10:46 PM
Hope he concentrates now he has signed for a big club like us and doesn't spend all his time making his own YouTube videos anymore:greengrin

question, where is the rocky nickname coming from?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Marciano

Unseen work
03-08-2016, 10:49 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Marciano

Makes sense.

i was wondering how we Were going to sing a song to the rocky theme tune, you can imagine how intrigued I was :greengrin

GreenCastle
03-08-2016, 10:53 PM
A loan deal....

Stokes was a loan and scored 2 in the cup final win.

Henderson was a loan and set up 2 in the cup final win.

I don't care if we have a team of loan players as long as they care and good enough for the club.

If he stays for 1 season and helps us get promoted that is good enough for me.

Of course longer term may be better but most players only stay at clubs 2 or 3 years these days anyway.

Glad we have a number 1 who looks good.

Skyegreen
04-08-2016, 07:12 AM
At long last we sign a goalkeeper. I honesty can't remember the last time we had anyone between the sticks worthy of the name.

🙏 he's decent 😁

Skyegreen
04-08-2016, 07:19 AM
Totally underwhelmed by our incoming players. I really don't know what's going on at the club these days but it seems some think the squad we had last season minus Hendo and Stokes is good enough to romp this league!

A wee reminder that we finished third ........and with 10k ST holders backing us, we seem to have failed to excite even the most battle hardened supporter with what we've brought in, never mind a potential new ST buyer who's sitting on a wad waiting to see what we are going to do in the transfer market!

Typical Hibs.......Penny pinching 😁

lyonhibs
04-08-2016, 07:20 AM
At long last we sign a goalkeeper. I honesty can't remember the last time we had anyone between the sticks worthy of the name.

🙏 he's decent 😁

You mean since Ben Williams, Logan or Oxley, 2 out of 3 of whom are SC Winners? :confused:

This lad's pedigree/international experience is very promising though.

Skyegreen
04-08-2016, 07:57 AM
You mean since Ben Williams, Logan or Oxley, 2 out of 3 of whom are SC Winners? :confused:

Obviously I've got a soft spot for Logan but at the end of the day, he's been deemed not good enough for this season. I'll reserve judgement on the new keeper until we're well into the new season but I say again, I'm 🙏 he's decent!

BoomtownHibees
04-08-2016, 08:55 AM
Totally underwhelmed by our incoming players. I really don't know what's going on at the club these days but it seems some think the squad we had last season minus Hendo and Stokes is good enough to romp this league!

A wee reminder that we finished third ........and with 10k ST holders backing us, we seem to have failed to excite even the most battle hardened supporter with what we've brought in, never mind a potential new ST buyer who's sitting on a wad waiting to see what we are going to do in the transfer market!

What a bundle of joy you are eh

hibs0666
04-08-2016, 09:24 AM
Obviously I've got a soft spot for Logan but at the end of the day, he's been deemed not good enough for this season. I'll reserve judgement on the new keeper until we're well into the new season but I say again, I'm 🙏 he's decent!

Logan does not have a club at all and is currently training with Leicester to get fit.

hibs0666
04-08-2016, 09:25 AM

Ah well, good to see you've got the team written off before a ball is kicked. Utterly mental.

FranckSuzy
04-08-2016, 09:43 AM

We won the Scottish Cup. The end.

mjhibby
04-08-2016, 09:44 AM
Ah well, good to see you've got the team written off before a ball is kicked. Utterly mental.

So we are going to do well with a couple of exciting signings. Utterly baffling fans think like this. Most agree we are two signings away from a cracking squad. A striker to compete/alternate with holt especially if we go far in the cups. Also a creative midfielder who if he was left footed would be ideal. Unlikely these players will dislodge the first 11,not for a wee while at least so why the panic. The team is the best prepared team I can remember and it looks like all bar fyfie will play against Falkirk. Beats me where getting two players in now as opposed to near the end of the month makes a jot of difference. Or maybe be some people just lik a good whinge. We all support hibs though and come 3 on Saturday the nerves will be jangling and hoping/ expecting a good performance.

spike220
04-08-2016, 09:48 AM
Logan does not have a club at all and is currently training with Leicester to get fit.

You must wonder what Logan did wrong???

Or perhaps his wages were the issue.

InchHibby
04-08-2016, 09:49 AM

You must be at the wind up, if not, then you know as much about football as my wife does.
Do you honestly think it's just a case of the manager identifying a player he wants, then he arrives the next day, I'm sure you don't so stop posting utter negative tripe.

Pete
04-08-2016, 09:58 AM

You seem upset.

Wee Effen Bee
04-08-2016, 10:07 AM
Pete; You seem to be trolling.

Fixed that for you Pete. :wink:

hibs0666
04-08-2016, 10:55 AM
You must wonder what Logan did wrong???

Or perhaps his wages were the issue.

I would imagine that teams are worried about his fitness. After being out of the game for over a year Logan's negotiation hand isn't particularly strong.

HibsNutter
04-08-2016, 11:09 AM

People need to stop using this as a measure of a players ability.

Skyegreen
04-08-2016, 11:12 AM
You must be at the wind up, if not, then you know as much about football as my wife does.
Do you honestly think it's just a case of the manager identifying a player he wants, then he arrives the next day, I'm sure you don't so stop posting utter negative tripe.

So your no underwhelmed by our lack of signings then? I'll wager you are but your terrified to put up a negative post for fear of ridicule from the happy clappers! I know your type! Cowardly! Just you keep posting tripe!

Skyegreen
04-08-2016, 11:15 AM
You seem upset.

I'm worried that we'll get the fright of our lives from Falkirk on Saturday, so you could say I'm upset yes 😜👍

Northernhibee
04-08-2016, 11:22 AM
The squad never required a major overall. Why sign players for the sake of signing players?

Skyegreen
04-08-2016, 11:27 AM
The squad never required a major overall. Why sign players for the sake of signing players?

I disagree. We were found wanting last season. Third place finish tells you that we weren't strong enough.
Two of our first team players Hendo & Stokes have gone but nobody seems that bothered and they seem to think we are strong enough to walk the league.

I think the Scottish Cup win has made a few of us arrogant.

Mr White
04-08-2016, 11:31 AM
So your no underwhelmedby our lack of signings then? I'll wager you are but your terrified to put up a negative post for fear of ridicule from the happy clappers! I know your type! Cowardly! Just you keep posting tripe!

That word. It's back. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hibbyradge
04-08-2016, 11:32 AM
I disagree. We were found wanting last season. Third place finish tells you that we weren't strong enough.
Two of our first team players Hendo & Stokes have gone but nobody seems that bothered and they seem to think we are strong enough to walk the league.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/154/915/1311792525915.gif

Northernhibee
04-08-2016, 11:34 AM

Our schedule in the second half of the season was the most gruelling in Scotland and that's with injuries too. Not a fair comparison, Leicester won the league off the advantage from competing on just one front.

hibs0666
04-08-2016, 11:44 AM

We were strong enough to win the Scottish Cup and that was way way way good enough for me.

Skyegreen
04-08-2016, 11:59 AM
Our schedule in the second half of the season was the most gruelling in Scotland and that's with injuries too. Not a fair comparison, Leicester won the league off the advantage from competing on just one front.

Ok I take your point but we could well have more games this season potentially. I know that's not very likely but it could happen 😵