PDA

View Full Version : Hun Exaggerations

Dashing Bob S
03-08-2016, 11:49 AM
The claim to be "up to their knees in Fienian blood..."

It's highly unlikely that in any battlefield/combat scenario that the bodies of a defeated enemy could generate enough blood to cover ankles, let alone reach the knees.

If the said Huns were wading through blood in this way, it would also probably congeal making Hun progress on the battlefield painstaking slow.

I intend to write to The Rangers football club, asking that they change the lyrics to the more realistic 'we're out to spill some feinian blood'. The current lyrics, with their exaggerated, unrealistic hyperbole, bring nothing but embarrassment to the great traditions of the club, which have otherwise been steadfastly nurtured over the last five years.

Treadstone
03-08-2016, 11:55 AM

Fuzzywuzzy
03-08-2016, 11:56 AM
There was also a historian that was on radio Scotland a while back. Said that if King William did ride a white horse as portraid then he was think as pig ****. You ever think that he didn't like the catholic church because they took a dim view (however ironic) of homosexuality

allezsauzee
03-08-2016, 12:33 PM

It's highly unlikely that in any battlefield/combat scenario that the bodies of a defeated enemy could generate enough blood to cover ankles, let alone reach the knees.

If the said Huns were wading through blood in this way, it would also probably congeal making Hun progress on the battlefield painstaking slow.

I intend to write to The Rangers football club, asking that they change the lyrics to the more realistic 'we're out to spill some feinian blood'. The current lyrics, with their exaggerated, unrealistic hyperbole, bring nothing but embarrassment to the great traditions of the club, which have otherwise been steadfastly nurtured over the last five years.

I think you'll find that it's a small minority of them who exaggerate :wink:

Finn2015
03-08-2016, 01:20 PM

Quite why anyone would want to wade through anyone's blood is strange in itself. But well, that's the Huns for you I guess

The Green Goblin
03-08-2016, 01:28 PM

These are all fine points Bob, fine points, but I wonder if you have ever asked yourself to whom the original song was intended to be sung? I think it was clearly somebody who was both hard of hearing, has poor eyesight and is of very low intelligence. Let's examine the evidence which led me to that conclusion for a moment. Consider the fact that the first "hello", which is half shouted, is then repeated a second time. Well, why on earth do you need to shout hello to somebody twice? Clearly, they can not hear very well. Then there's the fact that the "hellos" are accompanied by a dramatic gesture of raising your hands. This must be to attract the person's attention, so their eyesight must be weak, if they need to be shown where the person (who is also shouting "hello" twice at them, remember) is positioned. Finally, the gesticulating, shouting person indicates that they will be known by their "noise", so the use of inarticulate, non-verbal communication tells us, finally, that words, phrases and basic vocabulary do not work with this person, therefore their level of intelligence is more primitive and basic. So, yes, by all means analyse the battlefield logistics of the song, but never forget that music needs an audience, and this audience is, to quote another famous thinker, not "smarter than your average bear".

monarch
03-08-2016, 01:39 PM

Bob, you're very cynical.

Were you not aware of the depth of the rivers of blood flowing around Kings Park and Mount Florida on 21 May following the brutal attack on The Rangers squad by the thuggish Hibs supporters. Jim Traynor said so therefore it must be true.

greenginger
03-08-2016, 01:51 PM
Quite why anyone would want to wade through anyone's blood is strange in itself. But well, that's the Huns for you I guess

I think it was the River Boyne that they were wading through and it was running red with blood.

I don't think your average Hun will appreciate this painting of the Pope blessing William of Orange. Seems they were on the same side.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/5263210.stm

--------
03-08-2016, 01:54 PM
These are all fine points Bob, fine points, but I wonder if you have ever asked yourself to whom the original song was intended to be sung? I think it was clearly somebody who was both hard of hearing, has poor eyesight and is of very low intelligence. Let's examine the evidence which led me to that conclusion for a moment. Consider the fact that the first "hello", which is half shouted, is then repeated a second time. Well, why on earth do you need to shout hello to somebody twice? Clearly, they can not hear very well. Then there's the fact that the "hellos" are accompanied by a dramatic gesture of raising your hands. This must be to attract the person's attention, so their eyesight must be weak, if they need to be shown where the person (who is also shouting "hello" twice at them, remember) is positioned. Finally, the gesticulating, shouting person indicates that they will be known by their "noise", so the use of inarticulate, non-verbal communication tells us, finally, that words, phrases and basic vocabulary do not work with this person, therefore their level of intelligence is more primitive and basic. So, yes, by all means analyse the battlefield logistics of the song, but never forget that music needs an audience, and this audience is, to quote another famous thinker, not "smarter than your average bear".

Absolutely correct. The majority of The Huns I know are fairly solid between the ears - 25 watt bulbs at best ...

So whereas the average BEAR is, I believe, a highly intelligent animal well able to solve quite complicated problems - such as how to remove a fully-loaded picnic basket from a locked SUV - the average Hun has trouble remembering which hand to use to scratch his right buttock.

(And I don't know what right they have to call themselves Teddy Bears - every real teddy bear I've ever met was a nice kindly wee chap; most of The Huns are diametrically the opposite.)

Bostonhibby
03-08-2016, 01:55 PM
There was also a historian that was on radio Scotland a while back. Said that if King William did ride a white horse as portraid then he was think as pig ****. You ever think that he didn't like the catholic church because they took a dim view (however ironic) of homosexuality
Camp looking figure, powdered wig, make up, beauty spot and he was on a pure white horse? Never happened, not in an actual battle anyway.

More likely a B list science fiction movie

Alex Trager
03-08-2016, 02:07 PM
My favourite is not so much a hun lie but that king Billy in fact ****ged his cousin

--------
03-08-2016, 02:16 PM
Camp looking figure, powdered wig, make up, beauty spot and he was on a pure white horse? Never happened, not in an actual battle anyway.

More likely a B list science fiction movie

When I was a kid, my uncle was landlord of a pub in Lanarkshire.

White Horse Whisky did a promotion involving these:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwGcN6p8uS8Oi86HZ-UfEKYQELCBeX-vOw-sL5TAlh_DZpxPxP

They were supposed to stand behind the bar in a prominent position to encourage the punters to imbibe more of the relevant liquor than they otherwise might have.

Every time the brewery's rep came round my uncle had to ask for another wee statue for the public bar - they kept disappearing. Actually they were getting nicked.

The culprits were the local Rangers supporters who wanted them for the mantlepiece - each one with a wee plastic doll on his back, dressed up in 17th-century costume and waving a wee totty sword in the air.

Mr Rangers Supporter nicked the horse; Mrs Rangers Supporter got the wee doll and made his clothes and wee hat with its wee feather in it. I once saw one in a house when I was visiting for a funeral and nearly went into hysterics.

Bostonhibby
03-08-2016, 02:25 PM

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwGcN6p8uS8Oi86HZ-UfEKYQELCBeX-vOw-sL5TAlh_DZpxPxP

They were supposed to stand behind the bar in a prominent position to encourage the punters to imbibe more of the relevant liquor than they otherwise might have.

Every time the brewery's rep came round my uncle had to ask for another wee statue for the public bar - they kept disappearing. Actually they were getting nicked.

The culprits were the local Rangers supporters who wanted them for the mantlepiece - each one with a wee plastic doll on his back, dressed up in 17th-century costume and waving a wee totty sword in the air.

Mr Rangers Supporter nicked the horse; Mrs Rangers Supporter got the wee doll and made his clothes and wee hat with its wee feather in it. I once saw one in a house when I was visiting for a funeral and nearly went into hysterics.
No surprise really but it was probably the pert wee tail that sucked them all in.

And don't get me started on that bottle of boing that they all get so excited about

NAE NOOKIE
03-08-2016, 02:28 PM
Lets not forget that in the 17th century people were considerably shorter than they are now, so perhaps the Fenian blood wasn't as deep as folk are thinking.

Lets also not forget that no self respecting horsey person would refer to a horse as 'white' ... being posh King William would almost certainly have called for his grey horse.

Its also the case that for political reasons William of Orange had the support of the Pope at the time Alexander VIII .... so in reality the The Rangers bigoted ditties should always end with a rousing cry of ... 'thank the Pope' :greengrin

So anyway:

Ian Paisley comes come one day from a hard shift at the lodge and as he walks into the house a lovely aroma surrounds him.
He walks into the living room looks at the coffee table and all of a sudden he flies into a purple faced violent rage.
The enraged Paisley grabs the bowl of dried herbs and flowers sitting on the coffee table and dashes it against the wall shattering it into a thousand pieces.

Grabbing his terrified wife by the throat he screams in her face, snot and spittle flying everywhere.

'FOR THE LAST ****ING TIME WOMAN .... I'LL HAVE NO POTPOURRI IN THIS HOUSE !!!

:greengrin

Ergye
03-08-2016, 04:18 PM

A white horse walks in to a bar and says to the barman:

"I'd like a strong drink please"

Barman: "well. I've a drink here with your exact name on it my friend"

"what? Nigel?"

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-08-2016, 04:36 PM
They managed to get up to their knees in debt but I think that they were short of a word to rhyme it with.

NAE NOOKIE
03-08-2016, 04:42 PM
They managed to get up to their knees in debt but I think that they were short of a word to rhyme it with.

We're up to out knees in EBT's

Bostonhibby
03-08-2016, 05:04 PM
So they surrendered and they died

Finn2015
03-08-2016, 05:08 PM
I think it was the River Boyne that they were wading through and it was running red with blood.

I don't think your average Hun will appreciate this painting of the Pope blessing William of Orange. Seems they were on the same side.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/5263210.stm

True but why let facts get in the way of pure bigotry? Certainly not them

Carheenlea
03-08-2016, 05:54 PM
I don't personally know any Rangers fans who's father wore a sash.
I know one who hails from Northern Ireland, but I don't believe his was ever adorned in said sash. He might have been in the B Specials or some sort of equivalent, but that's another story.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-08-2016, 05:56 PM

Up to their knees in a few zero threes?

proud_and_green
03-08-2016, 06:37 PM
Bob, I concur, and here's the science to back up your argument - if indeed it was ever needed.

The average human body holds approximately 8 pints of blood or 1 gallon.

An average bath holds about 60 gallons before it begins to overflow - the average knee is around 18 inches off the ground and that is about the same height as an average bath.

Allow that people were shorter in 1690 and take that knee height down to 12 inches or two thirds of the depth of a bath, that means if one man standing up to his knees in fenian blood was standing in an area approx half the surface area of a bath then he would have to be in about 20 gallons of blood.

20 gallons of blood. This would mean that to allow one orange soldier to stand up to his knees in fenian blood, 20 fenians would have had to have been killed and all the blood drained out of them. Just for that one man!

King Billy's army at the Battle of the Boyne was 37,000 strong therefore in order for them all to stand up to their knees in fenian blood at that battle, 740,000 Jacobites would have had to have spilled all of their blood.

Historians generally have it that the Jacobite army was about 25,000. There were around 2,000 casualties in total of which around 1500 were Jacobites. Unless those 1500 were giants each with a total blood capacity of about 24 gallons and each being about 70 feet tall then I think that's another Hun myth busted!

The Green Goblin
03-08-2016, 06:57 PM
Bob, I concur, and here's the science to back up your argument - if indeed it was ever needed.

An average bath holds about 60 gallons before it begins to overflow - the average knee is around 18 inches off the ground and that is about the same height as an average bath.

Allow that people were shorter in 1690 and take that knee height down to 12 inches or two thirds of the depth of a bath, that means if one man standing up to his knees in fenian blood was standing in an area approx half the surface area of a bath then he would have to be in about 20 gallons of blood.

20 gallons of blood. This would mean that to allow one orange soldier to stand up to his knees in fenian blood, 20 fenians would have had to have been killed and all the blood drained out of them. Just for that one man!

King Billy's army at the Battle of the Boyne was 37,000 strong therefore in order for them all to stand up to their knees in fenian blood at that battle, 740,000 Jacobites would have had to have spilled all of their blood.

Historians generally have it that the Jacobite army was about 25,000. There were around 2,000 casualties in total of which around 1500 were Jacobites. Unless those 1500 were giants each with a total blood capacity of about 24 gallons and each being about 70 feet tall then I think that's another Hun myth busted!

:not worth :top marks :thumbsup:

southsider
03-08-2016, 07:01 PM
You should be a maths teacher !

Wee Effen Bee
03-08-2016, 07:17 PM
You should be a maths teacher !

...but, along with a couple of other posters, not a history teacher. People were not generally smaller in years gone by. In fact, the height of humans has changed very little in the past thousand years.:greengrin

proud_and_green
03-08-2016, 07:32 PM
...but, along with a couple of other posters, not a history teacher. People were not generally smaller in years gone by. In fact, the height of humans has changed very little in the past thousand years.:greengrin

Ok then reduce the number of Jacobites that would have required to shed their blood by around a third and we now have a figure of 500,000. Ok so the song is now more plausible than my original hypothesis......

Incidentally it would really depend where the majority of the Jacobite army came from as height and build was largely determined by diet, surroundings, occupation and genetics. Whilst it is true that Highland Scots were generally very tall that is not the case for Irish of that time. The majority of the army was Irish and the majority of those were peasants who would not have been very tall. All supposition and speculation.

Dashing Bob S
03-08-2016, 07:37 PM

Wonderful! But can your science debunk the facts of the modern day assault on the Rangers players after the cup final which was confirmed by the club, TV and newspapers and only contested by the families of the players themselves?

Wee Effen Bee
03-08-2016, 07:42 PM
Ok then reduce the number of Jacobites that would have required to shed their blood by around a third and we now have a figure of 500,000. Ok so the song is now more plausible than my original hypothesis......

Incidentally it would really depend where the majority of the Jacobite army came from as height and build was largely determined by diet, surroundings, occupation and genetics. Whilst it is true that Highland Scots were generally very tall that is not the case for Irish of that time. The majority of the army was Irish and the majority of those were peasants who would not have been very tall. All supposition and speculation.

...er and empirically researched evidence from historians/paleontologists/anthropologists/nutritional scientists etc.:agree:

proud_and_green
03-08-2016, 07:45 PM
Wonderful! But can your science debunk the facts of the modern day assault on the Rangers players after the cup final which was confirmed by the club, TV and newspapers and only contested by the families of the players themselves?

I was actually thinking that their may be some link there.... but then realised it is a golden thread of fantasy and hallucination. The same imagination that saw rivers of blood is the same warped mind that saw assaults on their players and the relief column charging to the rescue. In short, by debunking the blood myth we also debunk all other myths surrounding the sons of William today. One could, in fact, say they have been the architects of their own debunking!

proud_and_green
03-08-2016, 07:47 PM
[/B]

...er and empirically researched evidence from historians/paleontologists/anthropologists/nutritional scientists etc.:agree:

Only if they carried out their research on members of the armies in question here....

Incidentally a very quick search of the net - granted Wikipedia - suggests that Irish Soldiers in the mid 18th Century were around, on average, 5'6" tall. Slightly taller than the average English, German and Scottish soldier who were 5'4".

Bostonhibby
03-08-2016, 08:20 PM
I don't personally know any Rangers fans who's father wore a sash.
I know one who hails from Northern Ireland, but I don't believe his was ever adorned in said sash. He might have been in the B Specials or some sort of equivalent, but that's another story.
Shrewd observation, the actual words have become obscured by the govan / Belfast dialect deployed here.

They are actually singing about the moustache their father wore, a common disguise when men ran the risk of fathering one of these specimens.

Skol
03-08-2016, 08:23 PM
No one likes us - we dont care

Aye right

Kato
03-08-2016, 08:42 PM
I think its the campest song the side of twelve tents.

The concert party from It Ain't Half Hot Mum would do it justice.

Wee Effen Bee
03-08-2016, 08:42 PM
Only if they carried out their research on members of the armies in question here....

Incidentally a very quick search of the net - granted Wikipedia - suggests that Irish Soldiers in the mid 18th Century were around, on average, 5'6" tall. Slightly taller than the average English, German and Scottish soldier who were 5'4".

Wiki - that great bastion of fact. To be fair, Wiki does have a lot more decent info than people bargain for but corroboration is probably its downfall. I havent seen more about the Irish/Scottish research in heights but still see a lot of stuff on Scots/Irish/English armies being made up from wide ranges of society (because of various 'recruiting' procedures:greengrin) which would play havoc with auxological info. Add in the problems with using 'averages' as a basis and we have differences. The vast majority of evidence though, suggests fluctuations but no huge differences over the years. Anyhoo, this thread is about the Huns' exaggeration on being up to their knees and was tongue in cheek. I'm happy to say some might have been up to their knees whereas others would be up to their ankles or even up to their baws. :greengrin

Mikers110
03-08-2016, 08:46 PM

This is true for homosapiens, however we are talking about a completely different species i.e your knuckle dragging Neanderthal (AKA a Hun).

Wee Effen Bee
03-08-2016, 08:54 PM
This is true for homosapiens, however we are talking about a completely different species i.e your knuckle dragging Neanderthal (AKA a Hun).
Yes. Sorry, I hadn't taken that into the equation and I would say that quite a few Neanderthals stood around 5' 9" but the Hun neanderthals' predilection with bending over further to scrape their knuckles probably reduced that by around 6 inches or 15cm.:greengrin

--------
03-08-2016, 08:57 PM
A white horse walks in to a bar and says to the barman:

"I'd like a strong drink please"

Barman: "well. I've a drink here with your exact name on it my friend"

"what? Nigel?"

Ah, the auld yins are aye the best .... :not worth

Mikers110
03-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Ah, the auld yins are aye the best .... :not worth

So, to summerise this thread we have a grey/white Neanderthal horse called Nigel who is up to his fetlocks in exaggerated Fenian blood!! Have I missed something out?

Smartie
03-08-2016, 09:36 PM
So, to summerise this thread we have a grey/white Neanderthal horse called Nigel who is up to his fetlocks in exaggerated Fenian blood!! Have I missed something out?

To be fair, my girlfriend has just spent the last 15 minutes explaining that joke to me.

I get a bit thick late at night when I get tired.

Not so thick that I take to screaming "wearrapeepul" and thinking that Alex MacDonald is acceptable but truly thick as f*** nonetheless.

Bostonhibby
03-08-2016, 09:48 PM
What happened to the horses fathers moustache?

Otherwise I think you are spot on[emoji106]

green leaves
03-08-2016, 09:51 PM
Is the song not about Billy Fullerton and his razor gang rather than a Dutch poof on a dressage cuddy winning a battle in Ireland that secured the continuation of the Holy Roman empire?

Ps I have no info on the height of said razor gang

monarch
03-08-2016, 10:01 PM

Probably explains why the Irish national anthem is "Soldiers are wee"

The Green Goblin
03-08-2016, 11:13 PM
Probably explains why the Irish national anthem is "Soldiers are wee"

:faf:

majorhibs
03-08-2016, 11:35 PM

Where are you getting your figures from. I was 5'4 on joining & 5'8 on leaving. But my joining figures were the ones that stuck. & that was the 1980s

monktonharp
03-08-2016, 11:59 PM
all these figures are very interesting, whereas the river Boyne, in relative terms to Feinian blood is concerned I have always been taught that blood is thicker than water. I was also taught though, that all things are relative, in terms of fluids. Water being the base..1. and oil, for example being 0.8 hence the fact that oil always sits above a glass of oil/water. if these billy boys were up to their knees in blood, was it heavier than wading through decent crossings of the Boyne water or harder. thankfully for them though, they were not up to their knees in Mercury, as it has a relative density of 13.6 which would make it hard gaun, and they'd have lost. maybe the water diluted the blood, which in fact did give them an advantage.

West lower
04-08-2016, 01:22 AM

I like your thinking, but this is majorly flawed. You forgot the impact of Archimedes principle of displacement. Not trying to be a smart ass , just saying. Eureka and all that .

proud_and_green
04-08-2016, 05:03 AM
I like your thinking, but this is majorly flawed. You forgot the impact of Archimedes principle of displacement. Not trying to be a smart ass , just saying. Eureka and all that .
Yes and there is also no allowance for it being absorbed into the ground. But that in fact reinforces the argument that they were not up to their knees in fenian blood. It would have all had to have happened instantaneously as well. So far from being a smart arse you have added to the evidence base.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

lapsedhibee
04-08-2016, 05:45 AM
People were not generally smaller in years gone by.

I was. My height has doubled over the last sixty years, and I'm pretty sure there will be plenty others who can say the same. Unless there's an equivalent number who can say their height has halved, then clearly people's height has increased.

--------
04-08-2016, 08:20 AM
I was. My height has doubled over the last sixty years, and I'm pretty sure there will be plenty others who can say the same. Unless there's an equivalent number who can say their height has halved, then clearly people's height has increased.

Me too. In 1950 I was less than 2 feet tall.

According to my medical practice I'm now 6' 2".

And my weight has increased from 10 pounds in 1950 to 245 pounds last time I weighed myself. (I REALLY must go on a diet!)

And if all the Orangemen were the same height as I was in 1950, the blood would only have had to be about 4" deep to reach their knees.

I think this song could just be hysterically accurate ...

The Green Goblin
04-08-2016, 08:38 AM
Should we send a copy of this thread to the The Rangers fans? I think they should know what has been discovered here.

My old man
04-08-2016, 09:11 AM

10/10

Wee Effen Bee
04-08-2016, 09:26 AM

I have to bow to your superior knowledge of growth in the individual Lapsed.:not worth Mind you, my uncle Boab's height was halved...he had his legs cut off when he was 40!:greengrin

spike220
04-08-2016, 10:05 AM
I have to bow to your superior knowledge of growth in the individual Lapsed.:not worth Mind you, my uncle Boab's height was halved...he had his legs cut off when he was 40!:greengrin

I think you have cracked it!! The reason they were up to their knees in blood was because they had their legs cut off just below their knees during the battle. They must have been just like the knight from Monty pythons holy grail. Gosh that was funny!! What a lovely sense of humour they all have those cuddly wee bears. I wish I could have one as a souvenir from the SC final. I hear Stokes has kept Tavener in his pocket as week momento, that wee rascal Stokes!!! Anyway pleased to see Stokes is no longer on fire and the Rangers defence are not as terrified as they once were. I do hope their sense of humour carries them through the season ahead!

Wee Effen Bee
04-08-2016, 10:11 AM
I think you have cracked it!! The reason they were up to their knees in blood was because they had their legs cut off just below their knees during the battle. They must have been just like the knight from Monty pythons holy grail. Gosh that was funny!! What a lovely sense of humour they all have those cuddly wee bears. I wish I could have one as a souvenir from the SC final. I hear Stokes has kept Tavener in his pocket as week momento, that wee rascal Stokes!!! Anyway pleased to see Stokes is no longer on fire and the Rangers defence are not as terrified as they once were. I do hope their sense of humour carries them through the season ahead!

:top marks

Forza Fred
04-08-2016, 10:38 AM
I've said a million times people should not exaggerate.

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2016, 11:46 AM
Why is Ibrox referred to as 'the big hoose'? ...... as far as I am aware the stadium is not a house and contains no dwelling units within it .. another exaggeration methinks.

Of course .... Americans call prison 'the big house' .... perhaps that's where it comes from :greengrin

Smartie
04-08-2016, 12:03 PM
Why is Ibrox referred to as 'the big hoose'? ...... as far as I am aware the stadium is not a house and contains no dwelling units within it .. another exaggeration methinks.

Of course .... Americans call prison 'the big house' .... perhaps that's where it comes from :greengrin

I always thought it was the prison reference.

A crumbling Victorian edifice, full of criminals and the kind of place that any decent person would want to avoid. The **** of society seem to quite like it though and often end up institutionalised in that they struggle to engage with "normal" society, wondering why their clearly unacceptable behaviour is not tolerated anywhere else.

proud_and_green
04-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Where are you getting your figures from. I was 5'4 on joining & 5'8 on leaving. But my joining figures were the ones that stuck. & that was the 1980s

Did you change nationality....? Were you ever in a Multi National Brigade - Bosnia for example, perhaps you had too much time with the Dutch and you had to grow for that, but then when you got back to dear old blighty you had to be brought back down to size. By the way at 5'4" were you RHF...?

I never trusted army records. I was 23 when I joined up but by the time I left I was 52! Actually that might have been my marriage! No my mistake I didn't stick that as long as the army!

Finn2015
04-08-2016, 07:00 PM
Think i would have been a Jacobite if I was around in them days. Probably would have ended up with a canon shot after knackering myself running a few hundred yards across the moor at culloden then had a fat Hun wading through my blood but there you go

Springbank
04-08-2016, 07:15 PM
I suspect all of the following is a gross exaggeration (and exceedingly poor taste and classless) that those TheRangrrs people sing..
Rule Brittania
Brittania rules the waves (not round Somalia she doesn't, to pick one pirate ridden example)

Britons never never never will be slaves
(I hear some tory and libdem mps and the like have positively gone out their way to pay ladies for the privilege of being their wee pet slave...I read it in a tabloid)

All a bit awkward for the rangers and their otherwise thoroughly patriotic fans :)

brog
04-08-2016, 08:00 PM
It's threads like this that restore my faith in Hibs Net, well done all! To paraphrase another infamous ditty, It's Henderson to deliver & the cry was no defender!!