PDA

View Full Version : Ofir Marciano

St Pauli Hibee
02-08-2016, 09:29 PM
Getting a bit miffed as to why this hasn't been confirmed yet, anybody know what the situation is to why he hasn't signed yet ??

MWHIBBIES
02-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Why are you getting miffed? It will be announced when it is announced.

CapitalGreen
02-08-2016, 09:33 PM
Thanks for letting us know, was definitely worth a new thread.

Ryan69
02-08-2016, 09:43 PM
Getting a bit miffed as to why this hasn't been confirmed yet, anybody know what the situation is to why he hasn't signed yet ??

Good question...I would of thought.

CapitalGreen
02-08-2016, 09:45 PM

International clearance

Thecat23
02-08-2016, 09:46 PM
Maybe announce him along with couple others later in the week? Or maybe tomorrow?

truehibernian
02-08-2016, 09:48 PM

We've had the most solid and uninterrupted pre-seasons in years - why on earth stress ?

I'll go out on a limb and predict 4 new signings, including Marciano, over the next 3 weeks. But meantime the squad is in perfect condition to start the season at Falkirk.

smithy_hibees
02-08-2016, 09:54 PM
Had talks today, Mates partner working in the hotel he's staying in.. Ladlaw more than capable if needed from what I've seen of him

madabouthibs
02-08-2016, 09:55 PM
We are well known for not doing maybes and nearlys. Hibs will announce it when it's all cleared and the squad number has been stuck on the back of his top. 😁

Ronniekirk
02-08-2016, 10:10 PM
International clearance

Thunderbirds are go

HibsNutter
02-08-2016, 10:18 PM
Announcements are always made before international clearance has come through, maybe they're waiting for Henderson/another to announce at the same time? He is our player, clearly it's all done. Why does it matter when he's announced?

Ronniekirk
02-08-2016, 10:25 PM
Announcements are always made before international clearance has come through, maybe they're waiting for Henderson/another to announce at the same time? He is our player, clearly it's all done. Why does it matter when he's announced?

Exactly Lennon has publicly said he is our No 1 but might not play v Falkirk i am comfortable with this

ekhibee
02-08-2016, 10:53 PM
I'll be comfortable when he's signed.

mjhibby
02-08-2016, 11:55 PM
We've had the most solid and uninterrupted pre-seasons in years - why on earth stress ?

I'll go out on a limb and predict 4 new signings, including Marciano, over the next 3 weeks. But meantime the squad is in perfect condition to start the season at Falkirk.

Couldn't agree more. There seems to be a constant stream of negativity as we aren't signing players. We had as good a preseason as I can remember and with Holt and Laidlaw in and foster,harris and Stanton back we have a strong 1st team with decent back up. I've never felt more confident going into a season and when we do sign players I'm sure our manager will improve the squad. The Falkirk game is the first test and one I think we as well prepared as we could be.

blackpoolhibs
03-08-2016, 06:13 AM
Yesterday i was a bit miffed, last night i was muffed, today i'm just tired.

Aldo
03-08-2016, 06:20 AM

Is there really any need to share the second quote on this forum BH! I just about spat out my coffee!! ;-)

Bill Milne
03-08-2016, 08:04 AM

Too much information, Gary!!

Phil MaGlass
03-08-2016, 09:15 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHA:faf:

GloryGlory
03-08-2016, 09:27 AM
Has anyone been hiding out in the bushes at HTC to see if Rocky has been training with the team? He's been here since Monday, after all! :greengrin

Percy Vere
03-08-2016, 10:08 AM
Agree with everything thats been said. Pre season has been great and we have a squad that is already capable of winning this league.
That said, its nice to see a few new faces, so can understand feeling a bit disappointed.
In the meantime enjoy the Marciano compilation....looks like a crowd pleaser.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs_6lPDatEk

MB62
03-08-2016, 11:02 AM
Agree with everything thats been said. Pre season has been great and we have a squad that is already capable of winning this league.
That said, its nice to see a few new faces, so can understand feeling a bit disappointed.
In the meantime enjoy the Marciano compilation....looks like a crowd pleaser.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs_6lPDatEk

Gees, this guy has got Inspector Gadget arms :thumbsup: Hope the 90% done deal that Neil announced has got up to at least 95% by now :greengrin

MrSmith
03-08-2016, 11:14 AM

I thought you were a bloke!? :confused:

:na na:

Andy74
03-08-2016, 11:17 AM
His loan deal must be just about up now eh? :greengrin

Finn2015
03-08-2016, 11:23 AM
What the ding dong is going on!

Callum_62
03-08-2016, 11:25 AM
strange its not been announced

Possibly holding off as long as possible to announce it to keep Falkirk guessing?

Does Hibs no benefit to announce it really

or, the deal has hit a snag

northstandhibby
03-08-2016, 12:15 PM
strange its not been announced

Possibly holding off as long as possible to announce it to keep Falkirk guessing?

Does Hibs no benefit to announce it really

or, the deal has hit a snag

Probably just tying up the details. I doubt it would be anything insurmountable as most of the donkey work would have been done prior to Rocky travelling to ER. Hopefully just getting things sealed and sorted.

GGTTH

Since90+2
03-08-2016, 12:17 PM
Maybe another Scottish/British club has got wind of his availability and made him a separate offer. Given he is an international and its been talked about fairly openly in the media I woudn't write it off.

Percy Vere
03-08-2016, 01:26 PM
Gees, this guy has got Inspector Gadget arms :thumbsup: Hope the 90% done deal that Neil announced has got up to at least 95% by now :greengrin

Yup, he's a real Stretch Armstrong, distribution looks good too, but I suppose this is a highlights reel!!!!!

Borderhibbie76
03-08-2016, 01:34 PM
Funny the ITKers and the "Hendo done dealers" have gone very quiet on here this last week or so

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Gordy M
03-08-2016, 01:46 PM
Funny the ITKers and the "Hendo done dealers" have gone very quiet on here this last week or so

And its posts like that that make folk not want to give out the imformation that you were so desperately craving a few hours ago???

Andy74
03-08-2016, 01:50 PM
And its posts like that that make folk not want to give out the imformation that you were so desperately craving a few hours ago???

I can't recall the last time I saw a genuine post with some inside information - from what I can see most of the current 'in the knowers' work pretty much on speculation and stuff that is largely out there anyway with the usual out that 'things change' if their call on events goes the wrong way.

--------
03-08-2016, 01:55 PM

Possibly because they didn't know what they were talking about and now they're being found out?

Borderhibbie76
03-08-2016, 01:59 PM
Info from the club direct not people telling us it's a done deal when the truth is its far from a done deal - hence the frustration by many on here atm

Gordy M
03-08-2016, 02:01 PM
I can't recall the last time I saw a genuine post with some inside information - from what I can see most of the current 'in the knowers' work pretty much on speculation and stuff that is largely out there anyway with the usual out that 'things change' if their call on events goes the wrong way.

Really? I seem to be aware of who we are signing/interested in through reading stuff on here, way before bbc / scotsman / sky have it on their websites etc?

Gordy M
03-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Info from the club direct not people telling us it's a done deal when the truth is its far from a done deal - hence the frustration by many on here atm

Im sorry but no clubs come out and say that we are looking to sign x or y....or if they do its very rare. Lennon said that he was expecting a busy week and it led to a 22 page thread basically asking why we havent signed anyone?? Im not sure what else youre looking for? I personally like when someone throws a name in there and says we are looking at signing them. Do i get upset when they dont sign? Nope.

Borderhibbie76
03-08-2016, 02:51 PM
Im sorry but no clubs come out and say that we are looking to sign x or y....or if they do its very rare. Lennon said that he was expecting a busy week and it led to a 22 page thread basically asking why we havent signed anyone?? Im not sure what else youre looking for? I personally like when someone throws a name in there and says we are looking at signing them. Do i get upset when they dont sign? Nope.
That's not what I meant but hey how's crack on having a go mate

Brightside
03-08-2016, 02:54 PM
Possibly because they didn't know what they were talking about and now they're being found out?

aye ok.

bingo70
03-08-2016, 02:56 PM

I agree.

A lot of 'educated' guesses getting passed on as inside information IMO. I don't think there's too many genuine ITK posters left, I'm especially suspicious of people that seem to be ITK about everything going on. I believe people will pick up snippets about certain deals and players but anyone claiming to have a knowledge of all going ons at the club are at it IMO.

bingo70
03-08-2016, 02:59 PM
Really? I seem to be aware of who we are signing/interested in through reading stuff on here, way before bbc / scotsman / sky have it on their websites etc?

Holt, Marciano and Brian Graham are names that were in the mainstream media before here.

On here I've heard about Commons which has been pretty much dismissed and Henderson which anybody could predict was a possibility.

IanM
03-08-2016, 03:15 PM
Waiting on a work permit for the keeper before being announced. Kenny Millar just confirmed on Twitter

Gordy M
03-08-2016, 03:26 PM
That's not what I meant but hey how's crack on having a go mate

Im not having a go....i was asking what you expect the club to say....but hey crack on having a go at the club and folk who post info on here:rolleyes:

greenlex
03-08-2016, 04:18 PM
Official. He's s Hibs player for a year. Aboot time.😎😎
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6687

Andy74
03-08-2016, 04:20 PM
Official.😎😎😎

Good stuff. Welcome to the big man.

MurrayfieldHibs
03-08-2016, 04:21 PM
It must be true, it's on the official website now. Welcome Ofir!

:flag::thumbsup::flag:
(http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6687)

hibs0666
03-08-2016, 05:35 PM

Tragic trolling.

Itsnoteasy
03-08-2016, 06:30 PM
Official. He's s Hibs player for a year. Aboot time.😎😎

Disappointed he is only on loan. Looks like he is putting himself in the shop window.

Eyrie
03-08-2016, 07:25 PM

It's your choice to believe everything that you read, so why then blame people for your own gullibility?

I take the view that the ITK guys pass on what they hear in good faith but I'm also smart enough to recognise that they are not personally responsible for then making sure that it happens.

Wee Effen Bee
03-08-2016, 07:34 PM

Maybe you and the rest of the bedwetters can apologise and then shut up now Rocky has signed. The first place I heard about him was on here. I have been impressed with a lot of the snippets gleaned from ITKnowers on Hibs.net in the past. Welcome to the Hibees big man.:flag:

bingo70
03-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Maybe you and the rest of the bedwetters can apologise and then shut up now Rocky has signed. The first place I heard about him was on here. I have been impressed with a lot of the snippets gleaned from ITKnowers on Hibs.net in the past. Welcome to the Hibees big man.:flag:

Nah, it was a Middle East sports journalist that tweeted and someone on here picked up on it. Flew right under the radar of the itk'ers, as did our interest in Steven Mallan.

The only one they have been right about this summer is the interest in Henderson but I think most of us could guess that was happening.

Gordy M
03-08-2016, 07:49 PM
Nah, it was a Middle East sports journalist that tweeted and someone on here picked up on it. Flew right under the radar of the itk'ers, as did our interest in Steven Mallan.

The only one they have been right about this summer is the interest in Henderson but I think most of us could guess that was happening.

The only people who are actually itk are the player his agent and lennon/george craig?. What people post is what they have heard from other sources that isnt in the main news sites yet. It may be from someone who works at the club or is friendly with a player or agent. They pass on what they hear. Whats wrong with that? Id rather they did that than say nothing. And id imagine that things change and deals fall through as well? This itk rubbish shouldnt be used as a stick to bash folk who are only passing on info.

Wee Effen Bee
03-08-2016, 07:52 PM

Come on Bingo. Although not been a member for long I have read Hibs.net for ages. People like the cat and underscore, along with a couple of others, have regularly come up trumps with info not in the mainstream. Not always about signings by the way.
Anyway, let's enjoy the fact that Hendo and another will be named before the weekend. Just made that up but if it comes to fruition I'm claiming it and from here on in I wish to be known as someone ITK.:greengrin