PDA

View Full Version : Maribor

LM1875
02-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Saw on the BBC website that 2 of Maribors players in their youth team died in a car crash. Very sad to hear about and puts football into perspective

Fisherrow Harp
02-08-2016, 09:48 PM
Sad news indeed.

jgl07
02-08-2016, 10:16 PM
Some may recall when Maribor played Hibs at Easter Road a few years back on 5th August 2010.

There was an incident the day before where a woman torched her house after killing her three children apparently to spite her husband who was out of the country at the time.

https://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Three_children_die_in_Edinburgh_house_fire

This caused traffic gridlock around the City centre. This resulted in the Maribor team bus being delayed getting to Easter Road for a training session. Their idiot of a first team coach launched a ferocious onslaught on Hibs in the media as if they had deliberately disrespected his club by creating the traffic congestion in the first place.

I have little sympathy with Maribor after that. He should have been sacked straight away for making such an insensitive and misleading statement.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-08-2016, 07:22 AM
Some may recall when Maribor played Hibs at Easter Road a few years back on 5th August 2010.

There was an incident the day before where a woman torched her house after killing her three children apparently to spite her husband who was out of the country at the time.

This caused traffic gridlock around the City centre. This resulted in the Maribor team bus being delayed getting to Easter Road for a training session. Their idiot of a first team coach launched a ferocious onslaught on Hibs in the media as if they had deliberately disrespected his club by creating the traffic congestion in the first place.

I have little sympathy with Maribor after that. He should have been sacked straight away for making such an insensitive and misleading statement.

I know this phrase is over used on here but, dearie me!

Viva_Palmeiras
03-08-2016, 07:37 AM

If you have "little sympathy" then does that not put you in the same bracket as the (former?) coach?

SeanWilson
03-08-2016, 07:41 AM

😒 what?

Galahibby
03-08-2016, 07:42 AM

Wow! Terry Butcher is an ******** so, on that basis, would the same principle apply if it was two young Hibs players that died? :bitchy:

Galahibby
03-08-2016, 07:44 AM
RIP to the two boys by the way. Tragic news.

easty
03-08-2016, 07:50 AM

Deary me

Thecat23
03-08-2016, 08:11 AM

Little sympathy for two young lads killed? Are you for real? Just because their manager was unhappy doesn't mean you can't show compassion to a club who have lost two young lads who had their whole future to look forward too.

Brutal post to be honest.

Scouse Hibee
03-08-2016, 08:18 AM

WTF are you on about? Two young men killed and you see fit to drag up this story and relate it to you having no sympathy for Maribor.

MKHIBEE
03-08-2016, 09:09 AM

Liitle sympathy and even less human decency by the look of it

Tricla
03-08-2016, 09:48 AM

💩

lyonhibs
03-08-2016, 09:51 AM
Little sympathy for two young lads killed? Are you for real? Just because their manager was unhappy doesn't mean you can't show compassion to a club who have lost two young lads who had their whole future to look forward too.

Brutal post to be honest.

5 years apart, so probably a different manager in charge in any case.

Exceptionally poorly judged post (not yours I hasten to add). An absolute tragedy.

Jones28
03-08-2016, 12:24 PM

That is a roaster of a statement

erin go bragh
03-08-2016, 01:02 PM
Horrible to hear of stuff like this . Rip to both .