PDA

View Full Version : Goal music

CapitalGreen
02-08-2016, 03:46 PM
Burnley Football Club can confirm that goal music will not be a feature at Turf Moor this season.

A recent poll of supporters voted in favour of stopping the music.

http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/article/2016-17/goal-music-the-vote-3220351.aspx

Would like Hibs to follow Burnley's suit on this one.

FromTheCapital
02-08-2016, 03:49 PM
I see lots of people moan about goal music (and I was one of them myself).

However, lying on the steps of Hampden with the carnage surrounding me after Gray's goal and hearing 500 miles belting around the stadium will always stay with me.

I'd keep it now :aok:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ClewsHibs
02-08-2016, 03:51 PM
I never even noticed the music after our goals at hampden until i watched the highlights, even then.

Carheenlea
02-08-2016, 03:55 PM
I'm with the OP, time to ditch it. Don't think it adds anything at all to the matchday experience - for me at least.

SaulGoodman
02-08-2016, 03:58 PM
Mind Celtic used to play it for corners too :hilarious

Alfred E Newman
02-08-2016, 04:02 PM
Can't seem to remember any goal music when the goals went in at Hampden. Not necessary in fact it should be compulsory to shut of the music 5 mins before kick off!!

ClewsHibs
02-08-2016, 06:49 PM
Mind we used to sometimes play Gangnam style when we scored at ER. Think it was Griffiths and Wotherspoons fault

KWJ
02-08-2016, 06:57 PM
I mind Moby's "Why does my heart feel so bad" being played after Latapy knocked in number 6 :thumbsup:

Argylehibby
03-08-2016, 07:09 AM

LOL can't remember that. Maybe we should do that if Hendorson signs tho. Adam Ants, stand and deliver!

heretoday
03-08-2016, 07:43 AM
It's very tacky.

HappyAsHellas
03-08-2016, 08:08 AM
I think we should go all out to get one of these wurlitzer style organs that get used in American ice hockey. I can picture it now, Hibs score another goal and one of the adverts in the corner rises and a guy wearing a sparkly suit and a huge grin slides out on a platform playing an evergreen classic. This is entertainment people, bugger new players...............

matty_f
03-08-2016, 08:21 AM
I mind Moby's "Why does my heart feel so bad" being played after Latapy knocked in number 6 :thumbsup:

:agree: love that song anyway so hearing it after no. 6 just cemented its place as a favourite. Great choice by the DJ.

California-Hibs
03-08-2016, 08:23 AM
I'm a fan of music after goals. Keep it says me.

hfcnic
03-08-2016, 08:51 AM

I did not know this but it makes me laugh, idiots.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
03-08-2016, 09:00 AM
It's very tacky.

Totally agree.

No to music aftet goals.

Cabbage East
03-08-2016, 09:14 AM
Hate goal music. It's the fans time to make noise, not have some shan pop song rammed in your ears.

Alfred E Newman
03-08-2016, 11:45 AM
I'm a fan of music after goals. Keep it says me.

All right then, you can keep it.

Phil MaGlass
03-08-2016, 12:01 PM
Can't seem to remember any goal music when the goals went in at Hampden. Not necessary in fact it should be compulsory to shut of the music 5 mins before kick off!!

Exactly this, pain in the er5e, fans want tae start singing and they cannae.

West lower
03-08-2016, 12:06 PM

Agreed.

Craig_HFC
03-08-2016, 02:25 PM
I don't understand why music is played in a football stadium full stop. Before the game it should be left to the support to drum up the atmosphere and it shouldn't be played after goals either. Or at half time.

California-Hibs
03-08-2016, 03:22 PM

Do you honestly think 5 minutes before a Hibs vs Alloa game that the Hibs fans are going to start singing?....

Eggchaser
03-08-2016, 03:30 PM
Goal music is absolute pi5h. It effectively says that all goals have the same worth, which is utter nonsense. If you score to go four up against a minnow in the cup, or you're three nil down with two to go and you score, the crowd reaction will let you know what that goal is worth. If you score a last minute winner against yams or old firm (The sort of goals that I refer to as 'stranger huggers') music adds nothing to it.

Pete
03-08-2016, 03:37 PM
I think goal music should only be played at semis and finals as it adds to the already important occasion. Even the tunes played when the other team scored help bring back memories years down the line.

Agree that it should be binned at ER but I'd still allow music before the match and at half time. That's a bit mean to say the least and I'm sure they even allow that level of fun in North Korean football league games.

HibsAnnouncer
05-08-2016, 11:05 AM
Hi Guys

Barrie here. Some great feedback here on goal music and a lot of mixed opinions on whether we should or shouldn't have it. The decision on goal music was something that was decided by the club two or three seasons ago and i think we had a lot of consultation with various fans groups about it. I am keen to get as much feedback on this as possible and look to how we move forward in the stadium with the goal music.

i think it may be worthwhile looking at sticking with goal music but letting you guys choose a monthly track you would like. If you feel after this that goal music is not for you then we will look to remove it.

I will gauge as much feedback as i can from Hibees bounce, fans news, hibs net and various other channels to get it exactly to where everyone is happy. At the end of the day we want the fans to shape the match days.

Diclonius
05-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Hi Guys

Barrie here. Some great feedback here on goal music and a lot of mixed opinions on whether we should or shouldn't have it. The decision on goal music was something that was decided by the club two or three seasons ago and i think we had a lot of consultation with various fans groups about it. I am keen to get as much feedback on this as possible and look to how we move forward in the stadium with the goal music.

i think it may be worthwhile looking at sticking with goal music but letting you guys choose a monthly track you would like. If you feel after this that goal music is not for you then we will look to remove it.

I will gauge as much feedback as i can from Hibees bounce, fans news, hibs net and various other channels to get it exactly to where everyone is happy. At the end of the day we want the fans to shape the match days.

I would really advocate removing goal music. The noise the fans make is plenty and tbh the only time I'm ever aware of music being played after a goal is when I'm an away fan at an opposing stadium. It's great that you post on here and take in fans views, could be worth setting up a poll to see what the overall feeling is on here?

Nakedmanoncrack
05-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Get rid of the music.

The Captain....
05-08-2016, 11:51 AM
It's very tacky.

Agreed, it's naff. Cannot stand it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Newry Hibs
05-08-2016, 11:53 AM
Just. Not. Needed.

Does anyone ever go to a match only because they have 'goal music'.

Also why is it deemed necessary to have music right up to (and sometimes a little bit after) kick off?

West lower
05-08-2016, 01:16 PM
Just. Not. Needed.

Does anyone ever go to a match only because they have 'goal music'.

Also why is it deemed necessary to have music right up to (and sometimes a little bit after) kick off?

I think that once the teams are in the tunnel the music should end. Up to the fans after that.

Greencore
05-08-2016, 01:19 PM
If it annoys the away support I'm all for it.

heretoday
05-08-2016, 10:16 PM
Goal music is tacky and belongs to a different era when clubs were trying to make things more glitzy and American.

Since1875Hibs
05-08-2016, 10:20 PM
Turn the speakers off and let the fans make the noise. Music is absolutely blaring for about 60secs after cannae get nothing going.

Carheenlea
05-08-2016, 11:22 PM
Music blaring out at top volume right up to when the ref blows whistle, then game kicks off in silence.
Never really understood why people think that is a great idea.

GreenCastle
05-08-2016, 11:33 PM
Hi Guys

Can you please sort the sound system in the East - it's been crap for a while and can't hear anything at half time when it comes to announcements etc.

Hopefully you read this and can take some action. Thanks

Libby Hibby
06-08-2016, 05:41 AM
Can you please sort the sound system in the East - it's been crap for a while and can't hear anything at half time when it comes to announcements etc.

Hopefully you read this and can take some action. Thanks

Yeah, the sound system does come accross quite echoey and inaudible when there is talking...that would be a massive improvement if it could get sorted.

Zazu62
06-08-2016, 06:52 AM
Does anybody remember what music we had playing in the 6-2 derby win? I think it was moby - porcelain? I thought it sounded fantastic. The right song I thought