PDA

View Full Version : 3 Players you wish hadn't played for Hibs

Hibernian Verse
02-08-2016, 10:35 AM
Shamlessly stolen from the bounce. Which 3 players do you wish hadn't played for Hibs? Conversely who should have?

Not meant as a negative thread...some of the reasoning will be quite amusing I think!

1) Matt Doherty
2) Pa Kujabi
3) Terry Butcher (honorary managers mention)

Reasons are quite self explanatory. Don't blame Kujabi for 2012 but he's included for an abysmal Roberto Carlos free kick which went out for a throw IIRC.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Drumlanrig
02-08-2016, 10:37 AM
Ray Wilkins
Joe Keenan
Colin Murdock

Paloschi
02-08-2016, 10:40 AM
1. Ryan McGivern
2. Michael Nelson
3. Jonathan Grounds

West lower
02-08-2016, 10:44 AM
Shamlessly stolen from the bounce. Which 3 players do you wish hadn't played for Hibs? Conversely who should have?

Not meant as a negative thread...some of the reasoning will be quite amusing I think!

1) Matt Doherty
2) Pa Kujabi
3) Terry Butcher (honorary managers mention)

Reasons are quite self explanatory. Don't blame Kujabi for 2012 but he's included for an abysmal Roberto Carlos free kick which went out for a throw IIRC.

Not players, but these 3 stooges should never have got near the place.

Calderwood
Jim Duffy
Billy Brown

Not even going there with Malpas and his assistant.

Ultrabee1-0
02-08-2016, 10:44 AM
Sean o'hanlon,
Zibby,
Michael hart.

Zazu62
02-08-2016, 10:46 AM
Not players, but these 3 stooges should never have got near the place.

Calderwood
Jim Duffy
Billy Brown

Not even going there with Malpas and his assistant.

Completely forgot about billy brown . How on earth was he allowed near ER?

Hibs331875
02-08-2016, 10:46 AM
1. Ryan McGivern
2. Michael Nelson
3. Jonathan Grounds
Harsh on Nelson imo, wasn't the worst

Hibs331875
02-08-2016, 10:48 AM
1. Simon Brown
2. Zibi
3. De graff

Pretty Boy
02-08-2016, 10:49 AM
Eamonn Bannon
Zibi
Bending the rules slightly but Billy ****ing Brown

Hibernian Verse
Sean o'hanlon,
Zibby,
Michael hart.
Hart didn't score a single goal in a 16 year career

northstandhibby
Paul Hartley
Eoin Doyle
Simon Brown

FastEddieFelson
02-08-2016, 10:54 AM
Paul Hartley
Eoin Doyle
Simon Brown

:rolleyes:

lucky
02-08-2016, 10:55 AM
De Graf
Ray Wilkins
Makalamby

Coults1875
02-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Paul Hartley
Eoin Doyle
Simon Brown

Surely a wind up?

Andy74
02-08-2016, 10:59 AM
This isn't going to end well....

northstandhibby
02-08-2016, 11:01 AM
Surely a wind up?

Nope, I surely can't be the only one not to rate Eoin Doyle?

Glory Glory

CropleyWasGod
This isn't going to end well....

My thoughts entirely when I saw (insert any one of a hundred names from the last 40 years) with that scarf above his head.

:greengrin

Iain G
Jamie McQuilken
Andy Walker
Michael Stewart

Steve20
02-08-2016, 11:03 AM
Ryan McGivern
Ray Wilkins
Graeme Smith

Hiber-nation
02-08-2016, 11:05 AM

Well compared to the likes of Konte, Rowan Vine and Danny Haynes....nah, no point.

The one player I really wish had never been near Hibs is Ray Wilkins. Definitely Rangers class.

Coults1875
Going fairly recent with my selections. Funnily they all played together.

Rowan Vine
Paul Heffernan
James Collins

worcesterhibby
Andy Walker
Ray Wilkins
Billy Brown

I know Brown wasn't a player but like others I shudder at the thought he was ever allowed anywhere near ER...I honestly think we should have BL and AL after dates when it comes to our club in recent years....

Before Leeann and After Leeann

scott7_0(Prague)
02-08-2016, 11:07 AM
Lee Power
Paul Tosh
Alan O'Brien

Dunbar Hibee
02-08-2016, 11:07 AM
Tom Soares
Danny Haynes
De Graaf.

That's just off the top of my head, there will be plenty more!

supermcginn
02-08-2016, 11:08 AM
1. Michael nelson

2. Zibi

3. junior Agogo

Hibernian Verse
02-08-2016, 11:11 AM
1. Michael nelson

2. Zibi

3. junior Agogo
Thought Nelson came in at a tough time. Gave his all for Hibs but was a bit past it when he arrived.

FromTheCapital
02-08-2016, 11:12 AM
McGivern was at Hibs for 2 years and for 3/4 of that I thought he was a good player. He did have a torrential last 6 months to be fair, though.

1. Thomas Soares
2. Thomas Sowunmi
3. Brian Kerr (apart from his debut)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlickShoes
02-08-2016, 11:15 AM
Ray Wilkins
Zibby
Rowan Vine

Smartie
02-08-2016, 11:16 AM
Ray Wilkins
Matt Doherty
Colin Calderwood

The absolute bare minimum you expect from a professional player/ manager is total commitment and these 3 ar5eholes fell short.

Some of the players mentioned above are really harsh. Yep, there are some players who weren't great but at least they did their best - the fact that they weren't good enough was more down to the manager who selected them.

Waxy
02-08-2016, 11:17 AM
McGivern
Doherty
Kenny Miller

sauzee=legend
02-08-2016, 11:17 AM
Stokes, Gray, McGinn!!
Just not hibs class 😜😜

Paloschi
02-08-2016, 11:19 AM
Harsh on Nelson imo, wasn't the worst

I thought he was awful and part of a major reason why we went down. For an experienced defender he made a lot of costly errors. Can't think of many worse centre backs for us IMO.

Betty Boop
02-08-2016, 11:19 AM
Michael Stewart
Paul Hartley
Terry Butcher

lyonhibs
02-08-2016, 11:20 AM
McGivern was at Hibs for 2 years and for 3/4 of that I thought he was a good player. He did have a torrential last 6 months to be fair, though.

1. Thomas Soares
2. Thomas Sowunmi

Dunno if you can blame him for pishy weather to be fair :greengrin

But yeah, my 3:

1) McGivern
2) Vine
3) Thierry Gathuessi

Sodje_18
02-08-2016, 11:20 AM
We really have had some ***** over the years

1) Matt Doherty x3 for me

I can deal with poor signings -part and parcel of football. However this guys attitude was stinking. I had completely lost faith in loan signings because Doherty... Then Hendo came along!!

Dashing Bob S
02-08-2016, 11:22 AM
If you put Liam Henderson, Anthony Stokes and David Gray, some of responses couldn't be dafter. Big difference between underachievers, disappointments, journeymen and total disasters.

1. Zibi. 2. Clown 3. 3. Doherty

Managers

1. Calderwood 2., Williamson 3. Butcher

Ryan91
02-08-2016, 11:22 AM
Zibi
Matt Doherty
Eduardo "The Tank" Hutardo

pacoluna
02-08-2016, 11:23 AM

1. Thomas Soares
2. Thomas Sowunmi

somwunmi scored the winner at palmerston in the cup in his second game.

supermcginn
02-08-2016, 11:25 AM
I thought he was awful and part of a major reason why we went down. For an experienced defender he made a lot of costly errors. Can't think of many worse centre backs for us IMO.
If mcpake had played instead of him we'd have been fine, his attempt to stop jason scotland scoring in the play off still gives me nightmares, bombscare and hoof ball merchant!

Andy74
02-08-2016, 11:29 AM

Soares was also better than what we had. Scored 2 in about 10 games and set up a winner on the way to a cup final.

We've had far, far worse than most of these guys.

The Miller brothers, Alan Reid, Matt Thornhill etc..

My_Wife_Camille
02-08-2016, 11:30 AM
Liam Craig
Ryan McGivern
James Collins

subs

Matt Doherty
Tom Soares
Pa Kujabi

Goalies

Malkowski
Makalambay
Mark Brown

Keyser Sauzee
02-08-2016, 11:31 AM
I've never actually read what Doherty said after the final, what did he say? Also similarly I've read a few times about comments Calderwood said after a game v Dunfermline?? Something about a bag of sweets?

allezsauzee
02-08-2016, 11:33 AM
Paul Hartley
Eoin Doyle
Simon Brown

Did Paul Hartley actually play? I thought he just warmed the bench while proper footballers like Sauzee, Latapy, O' Neill and Jack showed him how to play football.

Difficult to pick only 3 but I'd go for Pa Kujabi, Joe Keenan and Paul Tosh. I don't necessarily think that Pa Kujabi is in the worst 3 but had he not signed then maybe Lewis would have played left back in the 2012 Cup Final and Craig Thomson would have had to try a lot harder to make sure they won.

pacoluna
02-08-2016, 11:33 AM
daryl duffy
owain tudor jones
Mark oxley :worms::offski:

Stewboy
02-08-2016, 11:35 AM
We really have had some ***** over the years

1) Matt Doherty x3 for me

I can deal with poor signings -part and parcel of football. However this guys attitude was stinking. I had completely lost faith in loan signings because Doherty... Then Hendo came along!!

Agreed

Heisenberg
02-08-2016, 11:36 AM
Ryan McGivern
Michael Nelson
James Collins

All atrocious players who got us relegated along with a few others.

pacoluna
02-08-2016, 11:39 AM
Ryan McGivern
Michael Nelson
James Collins

All atrocious players who got us relegated along with a few others.

What about the players that failed to get us promoted? Twice

IWasThere2016
02-08-2016, 11:44 AM
1. Jarkko (Silent P) Wiss

2. Ed de (Donkey) Graff

3. The (Stink) Tank

Centre Hawf
02-08-2016, 11:45 AM
I'm going to go for legit players that got solid runs in the team and hampered us in someway for it rather than a few 4/5 appearance players that came and left.

1. James Collins

Need we say more about this man? £200k signings should usually be able to offer more than running around like a headless chicken and great chest control. Every time he scored, which was rarely, you thought to yourself "this is it, he's going off on a run now surely." The run never came. The run just never, ever, came.
Proceeded to piss of a balcony at the horse racing which is actually a perfecting metaphor for that 200k when you come to think about it.

2. Pa Kujabi

Got rinsed repeatedly in that 5-1 final, while the penalty was never one, he still deserved to be sent off and I could barely see that side overturning it 11v11 let alone a man down. His free kick attempt was god awful and will always remember Garry O'Connor wetting himself laughing after it.

I remember watching an U20's Edinburgh Derby with him in it the season after the 5-1 final. Even the kids were getting pissed off at him for his poor first touch, shocking defensive awareness, and soft tackles. Gambian Roberto Carlos? Gambia must have some bad TV feeds if that's the comparison that was made.

3. Danny Haynes

Bar a cracking header against Kilmarnock the only thing this man offered us was a shocking leg breaking attempt at Spoony against St Johnstone. The fact that he was booed by his own fans as well as St Johnstone's when trudging off said all you need about how his loan spell was going. "Can we appeal it?" he asks Terry Butcher upon getting on the bus, only thing we should have appealed for was someone to take him off us.

Highlight of his career though was him trying to pump up the Hibs fans away to St Mirren at 2-0 down. Instead of being greeted with the usual "CMON HIBS" when looking for a goal. He was quickly told where to go by the fans in that section. Understandable seeing as that side conceded within about 10 seconds.

portyhibernian
02-08-2016, 11:47 AM
Matt Doherty - attitude stinking, unforgivable lack of effort in that cup final

Zibi - woeful goalkeeper, lots of errors, mostly in big games

Brian Kerr - best possible start to Hibs career, then proceeded to contribute absolutely nothing

FitbaFolkKen
02-08-2016, 11:47 AM
Ray Wilkins - past loyalties
Eamon Bannon - past loyalties
Dave Beaumont - why f*** did he not just scythe down Wayne Foster - not that I hold a grudge.....

LaMotta
02-08-2016, 11:51 AM

Glory Glory

If you really can't think of 2 other worse players than him, then I'd question your sanity.

fiolex1
02-08-2016, 11:52 AM
Eduardo Hurtado
Andy Watson
Ollie Gottskaltsson

CRAZYHIBBY
02-08-2016, 11:53 AM
Torbin Joneliet
Scott banner man
Kenny miller

ekhibee
02-08-2016, 11:56 AM
Ray Wilkins
Lee Power
Stuart Turnbull

Swedish hibee
Zibby
Zibby
And... Zibby.

bigwheel
colin murdoch
joe keenan
matt doherty

northstandhibby
02-08-2016, 11:58 AM
If you really can't think of 2 other worse players than him, then I'd question your sanity.

He had talent but for me he was a lazy sod who would rather wait for the ball coming to him instead of making a real effort. The amount of times too he would take a difficult shot and miss rather than making the team pass to a player in a far better position. He also disappeared without a by your leave. I just didn't like Eoin Doyle's workrate or teamplay. That's my opinion and if you think I'm insane then that's entirely up to you. That's the last I'm going to say of one of my choices of player I didn't think worthy of being a Hibernian player so if anyone else wants to criticise my choice please feel free but don't expect me to reply to them.

Glory Glory

bigwheel
02-08-2016, 12:02 PM
He had talent but for me he was a lazy sod who would rather wait for the ball coming to him instead of making a real effort. The amount of times too he would take a difficult shot and miss rather than making the team pass to a player in a far better position. He also disappeared without a by your leave. I just didn't like Eoin Doyle's workrate or teamplay. That's my opinion and if you think I'm insane then that's entirely up to you. That's the last I'm going to say of one of my choices of player I didn't think worthy of being a Hibernian player so if anyone else wants to criticise my choice please feel free but don't expect me to reply to them.

Glory Glory

fair enough..but wouldn't be in my top 200 players I wish hadn't played for us...

HappyHanlon
02-08-2016, 12:03 PM
Kujabi
McGivern
Zibi

Notable mentions:

Chisholm
Haynes
Mikey Stewart

southsider
02-08-2016, 12:07 PM
colin murdoch
joe keenan
matt doherty

Aly Scott, Martin Henderson, Graeme fyffe & Stuart turnbull. And that guy who joined the cops that didn't boot Wayne Foster Edit Dave Beamont

JDHibs
02-08-2016, 12:07 PM
Kujabi
Vine
Zibby

Horrendous "Football" players.

Managers -

Butcher x3

Some of the mentions here are dubious, Doyle was consistantly played out of position to suit Griffiths, hes now went on to do decent down south in the championship. Heffernan spent most of the time injured. Nelson was a scapegoat, wasnt the best defender but tried his heart out and look decent at times. Was just in a poor team. Hes still playing now for Cambridge, Barnet or something. McGivern looked good when he was on loan, once we signed him he gave up. Had a terrible 6 months but hardly the worst player ever.

Skyegreen
02-08-2016, 12:08 PM
Some of the names mentioned seem to be a tad unfair in my opinion. I think sometimes a player just doesn't fit a club or the club is maybe going through a tough period. I think this could be said for quite a few that have passed through tbf.

However ......this guy ......Zibi 😩 WTF did we do to deserve such a ****** goalie ? One of the worst I've ever seen 😁

Heisenberg
02-08-2016, 12:10 PM
What about the players that failed to get us promoted? Twice

Quite a lot of them are ok with me. Legends actually.

http://i.imgur.com/AZq1T0j.jpg

LaMotta
02-08-2016, 12:11 PM

Glory Glory

if you had said it was because he is Ginger and that, despite being Irish, he doesn't know any decent Irish pubs then I could maybe understand him making the list.

JimBHibees
02-08-2016, 12:15 PM
Junior Agogo dear oh dear.
Zibi probably still enjoying Lithuanian holidays free gratis
Simon Brown awful

KeithTheHibby
02-08-2016, 12:23 PM
Football is a matter of opinions however there are some pretty rank suggestions already here...Hartley? Michael Stewart? Kenny Miller?

Anyway I have went for players (and I use that term loosely) who just appeared to not give a flying **** about being here.

Matt Doherty.

Ray Wilkins.

Ryan McGovern.

Manager Colin Calderwood.

Sean1875
02-08-2016, 12:23 PM
Matt Doherty
Zibi
Alan O'Brien - don't think I've ever been more disappointed about a player following the build up to him coming!

blackpoolhibs
02-08-2016, 12:24 PM
I could pick 3 now, and in 5 minutes would change them for another 3 and then another 3 and so on and on and on.

3 is nowhere near enough. :greengrin

Skyegreen
02-08-2016, 12:28 PM
I could pick 3 now, and in 5 minutes would change them for another 3 and then another 3 and so on and on and on.

3 is nowhere near enough. :greengrin

I'm with you on this 😁👍

supermcginn
02-08-2016, 12:29 PM
I forgot about Tudor Jones, he'd my number 1 in my list, a complete non trier and slower than a week in the jail!

Diclonius
02-08-2016, 12:29 PM
Terry Butcher
Matt Doherty
Zibi Malkowski

JeMeSouviens
02-08-2016, 12:30 PM
Gordon Durie - good player, Hun ****

Skyegreen
02-08-2016, 12:31 PM
Matt Doherty
Zibi
Alan O'Brien - don't think I've ever been more disappointed about a player following the build up to him coming!

Matt Doherty, decent player but never tried a leg. He was a happy man when he left the club. I remember him posting a cheeky FB status after he left! ****ing **** of a man

Ringothedog
02-08-2016, 12:34 PM
Stuart Turnbull
Joe Ward
Joe Harper

Why Joe Harper ? because in hindsight his arrival was the start of the breakup of the best Hibs team I have seen in my lifetime

Scouse Hibee
02-08-2016, 12:39 PM
Mark McGraw
Makacalamity
Ray not so butch Wilkins

The Spaceman
02-08-2016, 12:39 PM
1. Matt Doherty (genuinely wouldn't mind his career ending on a stretcher).
2. Graeme Smith.
3. James Collins (he wasn't THAT bad, but his failure to find the net for us Vs our hope of a Griffiths replacement was key for us going down).

On the manager front, Terry Butcher and Colin Calderwood make my blood boil.

FromTheCapital
02-08-2016, 12:40 PM

Still pish IIRC

Bobo
02-08-2016, 12:47 PM
Stuart Turnbull
Joe Ward
Joe Harper

Why Joe Harper ? because in hindsight his arrival was the start of the breakup of the best Hibs team I have seen in my lifetime

:agree: but he'd be top of my list.

Joe Harper
Andy Watson
Yves Ma-Kalambay

alihibs1
02-08-2016, 12:48 PM
1. Alan Maybury
2. Rowan Vine
3. Paul Heffernern

chasitup
02-08-2016, 12:54 PM
Zibi Malkowski

Rowan Vine

Shefki Kuqi

Hibs1969
02-08-2016, 12:55 PM
I appreciate that forums like this are often about opinions, but some of the names being bandied about this thread are difficult to fathom. Michael Stewart? An integral part of the midfield which helped win the league cup in 2007 and shamefully treated by Collins when he replaced Mowbray. Eoin Doyle? A decent young player who combined well with Griffiths and scored valuable goals on the way to successive cup finals. Should have scored with that header v Celtic in the 2013 final though.

For what it's worth here are my nominations:
1. Zibi. A catastrophe at every turn with massive gaffes regularly. The worst keeper in living memory by a country mile.
2. Roy O'Donovan. One of a number of charlatans in that final. A complete waste of
time and money whose career highlight is being banned for 3 months for head butting an opponent in Australia.
3. James Collins. A lumbering impostor of the highest order who couldn't hit a cow's a*se with a banjo from 2 feet. Distinguished himself in the p*ss pouring episode at the Cheltenham races this year.

smithy_hibees
02-08-2016, 01:03 PM
Alan O'Brien... Shocking footballer and didn't we pay a fee??

Martin Scott.. Wasn't there a fee involved also?? Poor poor player

Resigning Garry O'Connor... Was one my favourite players then a total let down

Michael
02-08-2016, 01:08 PM
1. Alan Maybury
2. Rowan Vine
3. Paul Heffernern

I thought Maybury was pretty decent considering his legs were gone. Decent positioning etc...

snooky
02-08-2016, 01:11 PM
Ray Wilkins
Andy Goram
Andy Goram

GreenCastle
02-08-2016, 01:18 PM
Goalies..

Zibby
Grahame Smith (6-6 game)
Mark Brown

Defenders

Matt Doherty
Kujabi
Adam Eckersly - no games and paid his medical bills

Midfielders

Vine
O'Brien
Hartley - due to the fact he didn't play much and went to them and became a good SPL standard player.

Strikers

James Collins
Andy Walker - cup final comments and over reaction during commentary

Managers..

Butcher - harder to get relegated than stay up
Calderwood - useless and ER was a depressing place to go

Hibby Bairn
02-08-2016, 01:26 PM
Only read last page of the thread but the clear front runner is Matt Doherty.

MWHIBBIES
02-08-2016, 01:28 PM
Liam Craig, Eoin Doyle and Alan Maybury being mentioned in this thread is utterly mindblowing. Not one of them was even remotely close to being worthy of this thread, especially Maybury who contributed a lot behind the scenes coaching young players.

Zibi was murder and always sold the jersey in derbies
Doherty is there as well, decent player actually but a massive twat
Danny Haynes if stories of him bullying younger players are true

Special mention for Terry Butcher, sub-human vermin.

Big_Franck
02-08-2016, 01:35 PM
Matt Doherty
Paul Hartley
Andy Walker

Big_Franck
02-08-2016, 01:42 PM
Liam Craig, Eoin Doyle and Alan Maybury being mentioned in this thread is utterly mindblowing. Not one of them was even remotely close to being worthy of this thread, especially Maybury who contributed a lot behind the scenes coaching young players.

The OP doesn't ask you to name the 3 worst Hibs players, it just says 3 players you wished hadn't played for Hibs. Fans often take a dislike to certain players, sometimes for irrational reasons. I couldn't stand David Wotherspoon or Stuart Lovell for example, although they didn't quite make my top 3.

Pretty Boy
02-08-2016, 01:46 PM
I forgot about Tudor Jones, he'd my number 1 in my list, a complete non trier and slower than a week in the jail!

His attempt at a 'tackle' in the last seconds of that play off was unforgivable.

I honestly can't remember a pro player so obviously backing out of a tackle. More interested in his golf swing than football.

blaikie
02-08-2016, 01:53 PM
Konte
Brain Kerr
Van Zanten

Edinburgher
02-08-2016, 01:55 PM
Zibi
Hurtado
Wilkins

Waxy
02-08-2016, 02:12 PM
Football is a matter of opinions however there are some pretty rank suggestions already here...Hartley? Michael Stewart? Kenny Miller?

Anyway I have went for players (and I use that term loosely) who just appeared to not give a flying **** about being here.

Matt Doherty.

Ray Wilkins.

Ryan McGovern.

Manager Colin Calderwood.I chose Kenny Miller. It wasn't about his football ability.

heretoday
02-08-2016, 02:15 PM
Brian Welsh, Kujabi and Paul Tosh.

Ergye
02-08-2016, 02:18 PM
Conrad Logan.

The pain of separation from my sovereign leaves my heart desolate.

Sometimes I go to Calton Hill and sit there, parked, in my car, at night, and stare in to nothingness, tapping the handbreak with my chewed, bleeding fingernails.

ekhibee
02-08-2016, 02:23 PM
The OP doesn't ask you to name the 3 worst Hibs players, it just says 3 players you wished hadn't played for Hibs. Fans often take a dislike to certain players, sometimes for irrational reasons. I couldn't stand David Wotherspoon or Stuart Lovell for example, although they didn't quite make my top 3.
Good point, in that case I would go for Brian Hamilton, Brian Kerr and Lovell.

snooky
02-08-2016, 02:29 PM
His attempt at a 'tackle' in the last seconds of that play off was unforgivable.

I honestly can't remember a pro player so obviously backing out of a tackle. More interested in his golf swing than football.

I have to agree with you. I paid special attention to him (Tudor Jones) at one home game and he always ran into space which is great if you are in possession but it was when we weren't.
He always seemed to run away from the man and ball. One of the biggest shyster I've seen.

Hibs331875
02-08-2016, 02:29 PM
Mark oxley

KSA Hibee
02-08-2016, 02:31 PM
Going fairly recent with my selections. Funnily they all played together.

Rowan Vine
Paul Heffernan
James Collins

I have seen a few clunkers in my 40 odd years of watching the cabbage but without doubt Vine and Collins were the worst pair up front I can recall .. Utter mince and my apologies to mince for the insult.

KWJ
02-08-2016, 02:33 PM
Zibi
Simon Brown
Paul Tosh

Colin Murdock gets a reprieve for his pen v Rangers.

Brightside
02-08-2016, 02:36 PM
McGivern - horrible, bone idle player
Vine - a very high opinion for someone with so little talent. Collins at least tried.
Paul Hartley - he smells.

Dunbar Hibee
02-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Konte
Brain Kerr
Van Zanten

I loved the big Mali Magician haha.

Craig_HFC
02-08-2016, 02:38 PM
Matt Doherty - total prick and disrespected the club and the support big time after that Cup final. Genuinely would make me happy to hear that he needs to retire due to injury. I genuinely despise him.

Rowan Vine - crap and had a Billy Big-Baws attitude. Got into a Twitter argument with him once and he clearly could not give a **** about our Club while he was here. Excellent at looking & playing like a jakey though.

Owain Tudur-Jones - quite clearly cared about golf more than he did football and it showed on the park (on the rare occasion he was fit). His performance in the 2nd leg of the play-off vs Hamilton was embarrassingly pathetic.

Christ we've had some utter dross at Hibs in recent years.

Treadstone
02-08-2016, 02:40 PM
For a two year stint Fenlon signed some horrendous dross.

Coults1875
02-08-2016, 02:41 PM
I have seen a few clunkers in my 40 odd years of watching the cabbage but without doubt Vine and Collins were the worst pair up front I can recall .. Utter mince and my apologies to mince for the insult.

Have a look at his career since he left us, not good reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rowan_Vine

Hibs331875
02-08-2016, 02:43 PM
Kevin Thomson

Liam craig

Mark oxley

erin go bragh
02-08-2016, 02:43 PM
Zibby = Horific
Hurtardo (Tank.seen a cruise liner turn quicker )
Lee power / Paul Tosh = both hopeless .

seanoheimhin
02-08-2016, 02:47 PM
fair enough..but wouldn't be in my top 200 players I wish hadn't played for us...

:agree:

seanoheimhin
02-08-2016, 02:54 PM
Managers..

Butcher - harder to get relegated than stay up
Calderwood - useless and ER was a depressing place to go

Interested to see who people think was worse? Seems here like Calderwood is shading it on this thread?

He left the club in a mess and played tragic football, but in terms of being a total arrogant **** of a man, playing terrible football AND getting a solid, if uninspiring, mid table team relegated Butcher takes the award for me.

Hibby Bairn
02-08-2016, 03:03 PM
Have a look at his career since he left us, not good reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rowan_Vine

Jeez. 82 goals in 417 matches. 14 goals in the past 5 years!!! And has commanded £4.25m in transfer fees during his career. :rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
02-08-2016, 03:06 PM
Matt Doherty, Ray Wilkins, Andy Walker

G B Young
02-08-2016, 03:14 PM
Joe Harper
Jackie McNamara
Joe Ward

No question the first two were good players, and no question Jackie became a great Hibby, but the reason I've selected them is because in an ideal world we wouldn't have signed them. Eddie Turnbull signed Harper because he felt the classic Tornadoes line-up wasn't quite good enough, yet most of the players of that time believe he broke the side up too soon. Had we not signed Harper we might have had another couple of seasons with Gordon and O'Rourke up front and I believe we'd have won at least one more trophy. McNamara came in to replace Pat Stanton who should never have been allowed to leave ER. Joe Ward? Well, for those who don't remember he came in from Aston Villa as part of the deal which took the excellent Des Bremner south and was very much a player who symbolised the rapid decline of Hibs in the late 70s. Don't know if he actually scored for Hibs but he was a very poor striker.

GreenArmyyy!
02-08-2016, 03:16 PM
Scott allan
scott allan
scott allan

tamig
02-08-2016, 03:17 PM

Don't understand what some folk have been watching over the years based on some of the bewildering suggestions on this thread.

tamig
02-08-2016, 03:23 PM
Still pish IIRC

Surely you're thinking of Enoch?

FromTheCapital
02-08-2016, 03:28 PM
Surely you're thinking of Enoch?

Oh I could be!

Did he play for Falkirk?

cmcd
02-08-2016, 03:58 PM
Paul Hartley
Eoin Doyle
Simon Brown

Why Doyle ?

blaikie
02-08-2016, 04:20 PM

I can't even remember who he got his one and only goal against! I loved HKT when everyone else was happy to see him go haha!

Dunbar Hibee
02-08-2016, 04:24 PM
I can't even remember who he got his one and only goal against! I loved HKT when everyone else was happy to see him go haha!

Motherwell - he fired us in to Europe!! I remember he nearly scored an overhead kick against Livingston too, would have been some moment.

Billychaotic182
02-08-2016, 04:24 PM
Tony Caig - he was up there as one of the worst keepers I've ever seen and the only reason he doesn't get mentioned as much as others is because how bad other keepers were.

Zibby - don't really need to mention why!

James Collins - cost is a ton of money only to be awful. Yes we have signed worse than him but the money we paid in this day and age it's hard to not wish we never had signed him!

blaikie
02-08-2016, 04:35 PM
Motherwell - he fired us in to Europe!! I remember he nearly scored an overhead kick against Livingston too, would have been some moment.

So it was! Thinking back on it the forwards we had back in 2005 were pretty impressive.

Riordan
GoC
Morrow
Fletcher
Benji
Shiels
Killen

HibsNutter
02-08-2016, 04:53 PM
2008 - 2014 gave us a fair few.

I'll go with the obvious three:

Doherty - Bellend.
Kujabi - More to blame than anyone for my worst day as a hibs fan.
Collins - Worst value for money of any player we've ever had.

blackpoolhibs
02-08-2016, 05:27 PM

He gave me my funniest moment ever watching Hibs, when he ran from centre to wide to go for a ball drilled with a little pace and it hit him smack on the back of his head. :faf:

EVERYONE around us in the top of the west knew at that moment he just would never make it as a player.

Instead of getting on his back as our crowds have done in the past, we laughed.

When the support do that even he must have known it was over.

Scott Allan Key
02-08-2016, 05:43 PM
Andy Walker,
James Collins
Ryan McGivern

Either full of rancour, rubbish, unprofessional or a mixture of all three.

cleanyman
02-08-2016, 05:50 PM
Rowan Vine - Wow

James Collins - Wow

Tudor Jones - Wow

TJ and Collins had effort as the majority of bad players do. Rowan Vine has to be the worst ever to play in a Hibs strip

McD
02-08-2016, 05:57 PM
Paco Luna.
Simon Brown.
zibi.
Darren McCormack.
Alen Orman.
Craig Rocastle.

no particular order.

southern hibby
02-08-2016, 05:57 PM
Don't ask me why but I never ever thought my pick was a football player at any level never mind good enough to make a living from it but here goes.........

Jarkko Wiss,

Every other footballer that's put the top on I've supported but that man did and still does put my neck hair up when he's mentioned. Cannot for the life of me think why but it really gripes my sh t he got
To play for Hibs.

GGTTH

DH1875
02-08-2016, 06:04 PM
Paco Luna.
Simon Brown.
zibi.
Darren McCormack.
Alen Orman.
Craig Rocastle.

no particular order.

What did Paco ever do to you?

ChicoM1875
02-08-2016, 06:13 PM
Alan O'brien
Simon Brown (much worse goalie than Zibi)
Graeme Smith

makaveli1875
02-08-2016, 06:18 PM
doherty
kujabi
wilkins

berwickhibee
02-08-2016, 06:48 PM
joe ward

david fellenger

david Elliott :grr:

northstandhibby
02-08-2016, 06:53 PM
Why Doyle ?

Got to admit I would honestly replace Doyle from my three choices with the likes of Eduardo ''Tank'' Hurtado-Jarko Wiss-Amadou Konte all far worse than Eoin Doyle. I thought Doyle was lazy and not a team player at times but having been reminded of these 'players' who I had erased from my memory I would defo replace any of the that sorry trio and others who have been mentioned with Eoin Doyle.

Got to be honest and say I was mistaken to have him in my top three.

Glory Glory

GreenOnions
02-08-2016, 06:56 PM
Michael Nelson :bitchy: Got off lightly from supporters because his attitude was good but the worst and by far the slowest regular-starting centre-back I've seen at ER in 30 years

Brian Hamilton - a bit of "the kings new clothes" about him. Someone once said his work was so good it went unnoticed. He got a bit of extra time after that until the truth became too obvious

Ryan McGivern - still can't believe that he kept Lewis out of the team. Having said that Nelson kept Forster out of the team (or playing at right back) for a long while :bitchy:

Thecat23
02-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Paco Luna.
Simon Brown.
zibi.
Darren McCormack.
Alen Orman.
Craig Rocastle.

no particular order.

Paco? I loved him as a player for us.

Drumlanrig
02-08-2016, 07:24 PM
Paco Luna.
Simon Brown.
zibi.
Darren McCormack.
Alen Orman.
Craig Rocastle.

no particular order.

Pacu Luna???
I thought he was a really good player in his time at Hibs (apart from missing a sitter against AEK)

Are you sure you were watching the same guy?

tamig
02-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Michael Nelson :bitchy: Got off lightly from supporters because his attitude was good but the worst and by far the slowest regular-starting centre-back I've seen at ER in 30 years

Brian Hamilton - a bit of "the kings new clothes" about him. Someone once said his work was so good it went unnoticed. He got a bit of extra time after that until the truth became too obvious

Ryan McGivern - still can't believe that he kept Lewis out of the team. Having said that Nelson kept Forster out of the team (or playing at right back) for a long while :bitchy:

Nah, Murdock was slower than the Admiral.

cookin_on_gaz
02-08-2016, 07:35 PM

This x 100

I loved watching Paco Luna and David Zitelli

Leitherhibs
02-08-2016, 07:36 PM
Graeme Smith
Rowan Vine
The tank

cookin_on_gaz
02-08-2016, 07:38 PM
Rowan Vine
Brian Hamilton
Sol Bamba (sorry guys but just couldn't take to him)

Onceinawhile
02-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Zibby - cost us so many points and results against hearts.

Ray Wilkins - genuinely don't think he left the centre circle. Price.

A third name is tough due to competition....

Ryan mcgivern. Form fell off a cliff and his hair was objectionable.

Onceinawhile
02-08-2016, 07:43 PM
Paco Luna.
Simon Brown.
zibi.
Darren McCormack.
Alen Orman.
Craig Rocastle.

no particular order.

I can understand zibby and Simon brown, but the other three?

Alan Orman - screamer at ibrox for a draw.
Rocky - part of mowbrays's team
Mccormack - a good hibbie, showed potential but didn't fulfil it.

Eyrie
02-08-2016, 08:10 PM
Zibi Malkowski, Ray Wilkins and Matt Doherty.

All three made me appreciate Brian Hamilton's talent.

Smartie
02-08-2016, 08:28 PM
I love this thread. The totally subjective nature of the choice of players is what makes it great. You don't need to justify your selections - you just need to dislike the players and regret the fact that they ever played for us.

I think we're getting close to being able to field a team from the suggestions that would not only be better than our current side but be better than any side we've had for about 30 years.

Joe6-2
02-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Ray Wilkins, by a country mile!!
Eamonn Bannon
Paul Hartley

Ricky Bobby
02-08-2016, 08:43 PM
Andy Watson
Ray Wilkins
Eamon Bannon

JimboHibs
02-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Ray Wilkins - just because
Owain Tudor Jones - just because he was total Tom Kite
Paul Tosh - purely for booting the ball of a Dundee Utd player at Tannadice in the last minute n it rebounded straight into a Utd players path & they equalised and we then went on to lose the pen kicks ps it was easier to put it anywhere other than boot it of the Utd player.

Frazerbob
02-08-2016, 08:56 PM
Ray Wilkins
Andy Watson
Ryan McGivern

Leith's finest
02-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Wilkins, andy watson, konte

eastterrace
02-08-2016, 09:16 PM
Wilkins, andy watson, konte change konte for zibbie then I agree. Mind wouldn't have seen last minute equaliser against Motherwell after being 2-0 down if konte hadn't signed and helping the winner for dean shields at the PBS

McD
02-08-2016, 09:23 PM
What did Paco ever do to you?

Pacu Luna???
I thought he was a really good player in his time at Hibs (apart from missing a sitter against AEK)

Are you sure you were watching the same guy?

I can understand zibby and Simon brown, but the other three?

Alan Orman - screamer at ibrox for a draw.
Rocky - part of mowbrays's team
Mccormack - a good hibbie, showed potential but didn't fulfil it.

Luna - just never took to the guy, sorry chaps.

orman - that belter aside, he just frustrated me (it was a cracking goal)
rocastle - felt that he felt he was above us and would walk into a much bigger club rather than earning it
mccormack - looked a good player, but couldn't stop acting like an idiot off the field.

all imho :greengrin

Edson Arantes
02-08-2016, 09:31 PM
Got to be Wilkins.

eastmainsmsh
02-08-2016, 10:46 PM
Rab Shannon
Eduardo hurtado
Earl Jean

connerg
03-08-2016, 03:51 AM
Stevie Crawford
Maurice Malpas
Andy Watson (we paid Hearts 100k for him in the 80's)

SuperAllyMcleod
03-08-2016, 08:18 AM
Pat Stanton
Alex Cropley
Alex Edwards

These players were brilliant but just raised expectations that we would always have players that good. Given some of the dross (Stuart Turnbull ffs) that followed the memory of these three only made it harder to watch.

Just in case there is any doubt, my tongue was firmly in my cheek when I posted this.

Hiber-nation
03-08-2016, 08:28 AM
Pat Stanton
Alex Cropley
Alex Edwards

These players were brilliant but just raised expectations that we would always have players that good. Given some of the dross (Stuart Turnbull ffs) that followed the memory of these three only made it harder to watch.

Just in case there is any doubt, my tongue was firmly in my cheek when I posted this.

I remember an old guy in the North Stand after Turnbull aimlessly hoofed the ball skywards while in acres of space. Put his head in his hands muttering "how the **** has it come tae this".

AL-Qaholik
03-08-2016, 10:02 AM
Matt Doherty
Billy Brown
Andy Walker

(dis)honourable mentions to:
Butcher
Calderwood
Hartley
Wilkins
Vine
McGivern
Kujabi
Canning
Guggi
Alan O'Brien
and James Collins

Leith's finest
03-08-2016, 10:26 AM
change konte for zibbie then I agree. Mind wouldn't have seen last minute equaliser against Motherwell after being 2-0 down if konte hadn't signed and helping the winner for dean shields at the PBS
Always remember a comment in the sun newspaper after a 0.0 game at falkirk "Konte could not trap a bag of cement"

calumhibee1
03-08-2016, 10:43 AM
Matt Doherty
Billy Brown
Andy Walker

(dis)honourable mentions to:
Butcher
Calderwood
Hartley
Wilkins
Vine
McGivern
Kujabi
Canning
Guggi
Alan O'Brien
and James Collins

Would agree with all them other than Canning. Nothing against the guy after his time here.

AL-Qaholik
03-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Would agree with all them other than Canning. Nothing against the guy after his time here.

Nothing against him as such - he was just a bit rubbish.

pacoluna
03-08-2016, 10:59 AM
Luna - just never took to the guy, sorry chaps.

orman - that belter aside, he just frustrated me (it was a cracking goal)
rocastle - felt that he felt he was above us and would walk into a much bigger club rather than earning it
mccormack - looked a good player, but couldn't stop acting like an idiot off the field.

all imho :greengrin

Paco played a major part in one the best nights at ER I can recall , If only he had tucked away that sitter.

Hey, Hey babyyy OOOH AHHH

Geo_1875
03-08-2016, 11:28 AM
Always remember a comment in the sun newspaper after a 0.0 game at falkirk "Konte could not trap a bag of cement"

Was that a quote from Mowbray's post match interview?

Geo_1875
03-08-2016, 11:30 AM

He was slower than either Nelson or Murdock and had the skill of Rowan Vine. Apart from that a nice chap and a fine footballer.

PPZPOL
03-08-2016, 11:39 AM
Watching Tom Soares in that cup final almost made me cry. Very nearly dug out the old Copas after seeing him masquerading as a football player. Tragic.

J-C
03-08-2016, 11:42 AM
Joe Harper
Tom Soares
Matt Doherty

--------
03-08-2016, 02:01 PM
Ally Scott and Graeme Fyfe (job-lot from the Huns back in the 1970's - each one played as if he was touting an invisible conjoined twin around with him), and ...

... Joe Lardass Freakin' Harper! :devil:

southsider
03-08-2016, 02:12 PM
Ally Scott and Graeme Fyfe (job-lot from the Huns back in the 1970's - each one played as if he was touting an invisible conjoined twin around with him), and ...

... Joe Lardass Freakin' Harper! :devil:

We swapped a very fine footballer in Iain Munro for the 1st two mugs. Not only that but he was a part-time PE teacher at my school (Boroughmuir) and has us in raptures about PS's 5 O'clock goal. Good few of my teachers were good Hibs men. Dode Manson, Davy Griffiths & Martin O'Neil.

TheCabbage
04-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Michael Renwick
David Elliot
Rowan Vine

Greentinted
04-08-2016, 07:38 PM
3 Guys I just couldn't take to:

Robin Rae
Stuart Beedie
and he who still polarises opinion...Brian F@*%*&g Hamilton :grr:

Ringothedog
04-08-2016, 07:50 PM
We swapped a very fine footballer in Iain Munro for the 1st two mugs. Not only that but he was a part-time PE teacher at my school (Boroughmuir) and has us in raptures about PS's 5 O'clock goal. Good few of my teachers were good Hibs men. Dode Manson, Davy Griffiths & Martin O'Neil.

You must have been at Boroughmuir around the same time as me. Remember leaving the junior building and heading down for the midweek afternoon kick-off against the old Huns.

WoreTheGreen
04-08-2016, 07:53 PM
A O B. x 3

GloriousHibs
04-08-2016, 08:02 PM
1, Alan O'Brien

2, Derek Townsley

3, Stuart Turnbull

Knickers, the three of them

Hillsidehibby
04-08-2016, 08:59 PM
Paul Hartley
Paul Hartley
Paul Hartley

Highland_Hibee
05-08-2016, 12:11 AM
Matt Doherty - total prick and disrespected the club and the support big time after that Cup final. Genuinely would make me happy to hear that he needs to retire due to injury. I genuinely despise him.

Rowan Vine - crap and had a Billy Big-Baws attitude. Got into a Twitter argument with him once and he clearly could not give a **** about our Club while he was here. Excellent at looking & playing like a jakey though.

Owain Tudur-Jones - quite clearly cared about golf more than he did football and it showed on the park (on the rare occasion he was fit). His performance in the 2nd leg of the play-off vs Hamilton was embarrassingly pathetic.

Christ we've had some utter dross at Hibs in recent years.

I think you nailed my picks. I get that players like Zibi were atrocious and would probably be number 1 in everybodies worst ever 11 but these 3 were such utter c**ts that I can overlook the mere lack of skill from certain picks.

heidtheba
05-08-2016, 12:44 AM
Jamie McQuilken
Andy Walker
Michael Stewart

Good call - can't remember anything about his play BUT I'm pretty sure we kinda swapped him for Crunchie and that was unforgivable. Or was that some 'Elliot' bloke? Can't remember but Duff Jimmy broke my heart when we got rid of McAllister.

cocteautwin
05-08-2016, 04:08 AM
That ar**hole with the beard that played in the team that got us relegated. I know that's only one out of my three but he's head shoulders and beard above anyone else that was useless for us.